Home

michael...alive?

Posted By: Coppola

michael...alive? - 06/16/02 12:04 PM

i think...the godfather 4 if made wont be as good without Michael Corleone...so..how about...that the last scene in godfather 3 when he falls off the chair..he faints..not dies...and continue from there..dont u think thats an excellent idea??
Posted By: The Italian Stallionette

Re: michael...alive? - 06/16/02 02:50 PM

Coppola,

Believe me, no one wishes that Pacino would be in a GF4 more than I, but I really don't think it would work. I think it was undertood that Michael died in GF3, and starting another GF with him really alive, would be unbelievable. (Something like Pam's dream in the tv show Dallas, where next season it was all a dream.... ) If there was a believable way to do, I'm for it though!!! I just don't see how!!!

ps You sound like a Pacino fan too!!!!!
Posted By: CamillusDon

Re: michael...alive? - 06/16/02 05:14 PM

sorry but to tell the truth..Al took that role as far as he could....He started to look bad in GFIII and I for one thought it was enough of a good thing...let us not love it so much that we have to sit thru the down side of the role...3ven Brando had to give up and Die, move over and let Michael take over...
Posted By: Tony Montana

Re: michael...alive? - 06/16/02 09:04 PM

Pacino didn't die, (that scene didn't take place) until 1997. The rest of the movie cut off at 1979. Jese! You guys should look at the family tree on the DVD set!

Re: michael...alive? - 06/16/02 10:17 PM

Tony, please explain!! Michael did NOT die at the end of GF3???? Or are you saying that there are years before GF2 & GF3 that weren't covered???

Re: michael...alive? - 06/17/02 02:27 AM

i guess this is an interesting topic and i guess there is hope..if i can just contact coppola..ill convince him :p
Posted By: Ricardo

Re: michael...alive? - 06/17/02 02:39 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by annt:
Tony, please explain!! Michael did NOT die at the end of GF3???? Or are you saying that there are years before GF2 & GF3 that weren't covered???
WHOA NELLY!

GF1 takes place between 1945-1955

GF2 between 1901-1925, and 1958-1960.

GF3 take splace from 1979-Easter 1980. The scene with Mike dying is YEARS later in 1997.

He means that the next movie could start in 1985 etc. and hav eMike in it!

I'd personally rather have Young Vito/Sonny, and Luca etc.

Re: michael...alive? - 06/17/02 02:50 AM

i think it will be the sonny part in the 4th...i hope michael will still be there..and dies in the 4th...but...godfather is pacino and pacino is godfather

Quote:
Originally posted by Ricardo:
[quote]Originally posted by annt:
[b]Tony, please explain!! Michael did NOT die at the end of GF3???? Or are you saying that there are years before GF2 & GF3 that weren't covered???
WHOA NELLY!

GF1 takes place between 1945-1955

GF2 between 1901-1925, and 1958-1960.

GF3 take splace from 1979-Easter 1980. The scene with Mike dying is YEARS later in 1997.

He means that the next movie could start in 1985 etc. and hav eMike in it!

I'd personally rather have Young Vito/Sonny, and Luca etc.[/b][/quote]
Posted By: Snake

Re: michael...alive? - 06/17/02 04:36 AM

Quote:
I hear ya', Ricardo! I think they've taken Michael about as far as they can take him. It's definitely time for some new blood...or should I say, old blood in a new setting?
Posted By: Family Honour

Re: michael...alive? - 06/17/02 12:44 PM

I agree with you Snake some new blood would be good in new settings, but, it could still incoperate Mike Think of all those missing years we never got to see. They could show in parallel maybe, like what they did with Mike and Vito, the rise of Vincent in New York, Kay leaving etc etc??? Just a thought
Posted By: Joeybats

Re: michael...alive? - 06/17/02 03:44 PM

MADONN'! There is nothing I would like more than to see a Godfather Part 4, but the fact of the matter is it just ain't gonna happen.
BUT IF IT DID!
Its just so obvious that Michael should be shown slowly losing his power and his mind as old age sets on interspersed with cut backs to the 20's and 30's with the Corleone's interacting with legends like Luciano, Gambino et al.

Re: michael...alive? - 06/17/02 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Joeybats:
MADONN'! There is nothing I would like more than to see a Godfather Part 4, but the fact of the matter is it just ain't gonna happen.
BUT IF IT DID!
Its just so obvious that Michael should be shown slowly losing his power and his mind as old age sets on interspersed with cut backs to the 20's and 30's with the Corleone's interacting with legends like Luciano, Gambino et al.
i totally agree....seriously..the idea of a godfather4 will ruin the whole "classic trilogy" thing..and besides..Marios story ends in 1959...but i am just saying if there will be a 4th one...pacino has to be in it
Posted By: Guineapig

Re: michael...alive? - 06/18/02 05:34 AM

Gf III was The biggest mistake and worst thing they could have done to the micillany, we don't need another nor want another one with Puzo here. GFIII was going to be called "The Death Of Micheal Corleone" hence implying that Micheal is that. :rolleyes:
Posted By: AppleOnYa

Re: michael...alive? - 06/18/02 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Coppola:
...the last scene in godfather 3 when he falls off the chair..he faints..not dies...and continue from there..dont u think thats an excellent idea...
No.
Because he DID die and that's that.
As for all this 'young Sonny/young Vito/young Luca' stuff...it was done to near perfection by FFC in GF2, with 'young Vito/young Clemenza/young Tessio, etc.. To attempt it again, in the years NOT covered by GF/GF2/GF3 (the films), would be a mistake, a case of trying to repeat past success. I don't think lightening could strike in the same place twice.

It's over.

Apple

Re: michael...alive? - 06/18/02 10:23 PM

That is it! ..Michael is DEAD at the end. The Godfather Legacy by Harlan Lebo shows on page 244-255 Coppola prepares Pacino for Michaels death scene ! ! ! what more do you people need a Death Certificate?

Re: michael...alive? - 06/18/02 11:51 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by CamillusDon:
That is it! ..Michael is DEAD at the end. The Godfather Legacy by Harlan Lebo shows on page 244-255 Coppola prepares Pacino for Michaels death scene ! ! ! what more do you people need a Death Crtificate?
relax man..its just a discussion..its not like what we say will decide

Re: michael...alive? - 06/19/02 12:30 AM

Being new, you don't know me....
...I am alway cool relaxed and kidding around....so watch yourself or I will have you strip searched and sent to bed with dinner!

Re: michael...alive? - 06/19/02 12:33 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Snake:
[quote]Originally posted by Ricardo:
[b]I'd personally rather have Young Vito/Sonny, and Luca etc.
I hear ya', Ricardo! I think they've taken Michael about as far as they can take him. It's definitely time for some new blood...or should I say, old blood in a new setting? [/b][/quote]Yeah, press that New Blood and we'll be stuck with The Andy Garcia Show, and Butt Candy 2!

Re: michael...alive? - 06/19/02 12:36 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by AppleOnYa:
[quote]Originally posted by Coppola:
[b]...the last scene in godfather 3 when he falls off the chair..he faints..not dies...and continue from there..dont u think thats an excellent idea...
No.
Because he DID die and that's that.
As for all this 'young Sonny/young Vito/young Luca' stuff...it was done to near perfection by FFC in GF2, with 'young Vito/young Clemenza/young Tessio, etc.. To attempt it again, in the years NOT covered by GF/GF2/GF3 (the films), would be a mistake, a case of trying to repeat past success. I don't think lightening could strike in the same place twice.

It's over.

Apple[/b][/quote]I AGREE, Michael LITERALLY Bit the dust!

You don't think DeNiro could pull it off? DeNiro could have made GF3 4 1/2 stars!

As for Young Luca, I'm not trying to make a story up, i'm just saying that IF this DID happen, go DeNiro NOT Garcia!

Apple, you'd watch it just for fun, admit it!

Re: michael...alive? - 06/19/02 03:01 AM

So whatever happened to Tony? I want to know what he was talking about????

Re: michael...alive? - 06/19/02 04:26 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by CamillusDon:
Being new, you don't know me....
...I am alway cool relaxed and kidding around....so watch yourself or I will have you strip searched and sent to bed with dinner!
i know..i know... :rolleyes:

Re: michael...alive? - 06/19/02 01:05 PM

Quote:
[QUOTE]...DeNiro could have made GF3 4 1/2 stars!...
Not true. No one actor could've saved that movie, the main problems were with the writing, not the acting. Anyway, where the heck would DeNiro fit into a GF3...Vito is dead for YEARS by this time, flashbacks wouldn't have made sense. Bob Duvall's return as Hagen might have helped, but not saved the picture.

Apple
Posted By: MobbingForMoney

Re: michael...alive? - 06/19/02 05:14 PM

I heard somewhere De Niro wanted to be Vincent.FFC said no.

Talk about stretching.Confusing,too.

Re: michael...alive? - 06/19/02 11:27 PM

vincent...no way...deniro wouldnt havve wanted that..he is known to be vito, he'll always be vito
Posted By: Snake

Re: michael...alive? - 06/20/02 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by AppleOnYa:
[QUOTE]Not true. No one actor could've saved that movie, the main problems were with the writing, not the acting.
Although I'm about the only one here who at least likes GF III, I must confess you're right, Apple. The writing doomed it. Let me add, too, though, that the main reason I even like it is because I think it was an appropriate end for Michael. But it definitely could've been improved.

Re: michael...alive? - 06/20/02 09:20 PM

Snake, I thought the ending was an appropriate one, too. The problem lies with most of what precedes it.

Apple

Re: michael...alive? - 06/20/02 09:31 PM

This is from IMDb.com:

"Robert De Niro lobbied for the role of Vincent Mancini. Director Francs Ford Coppola considered it, which would have included aging Al Pacino's Michael Corleone even more, but eventually decided against the idea."

Re: michael...alive? - 06/21/02 12:42 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by MobbingForMoney:
This is from IMDb.com:

"Robert De Niro lobbied for the role of Vincent Mancini. Director Francs Ford Coppola considered it, which would have included aging Al Pacino's Michael Corleone even more, but eventually decided against the idea."
that is weird though..we all know deniro as vito..if that happens...the godfather legacy will go down the drain

Re: michael...alive? - 06/21/02 01:07 PM

Well, we all know DeNiro's a skilled enough actor that he probably could've made it work playing his own grandson. Only thing, Vincent and therefore Mary, would by then have to be middle aged, and as stated Michael would have to be even older than we see him. Might've worked...but FFC probably decided it wasn't worth the complexities involved for all.

In my opinion, the character of Vincent was unnecessary in the first place, and should never have been created.

Apple

Re: michael...alive? - 06/21/02 01:24 PM

I agree with you Apple! It was unecessary to create Vincent. With Michaels/Sonny's kids they could have brought "new blood" to the family. Of course, I never thought Andy Garcia fit in the role anyway. But that's my opinion!!!!

Re: michael...alive? - 06/21/02 06:10 PM

Quote:
I agree with you Apple! It was unecessary to create Vincent. With Michaels/Sonny's kids they could have brought "new blood" to the family. Of course, I never thought Andy Garcia fit in the role anyway. But that's my opinion!!!!
Sure :rolleyes: ...I didn't hear you say that when you know who was around!

Re: michael...alive? - 06/21/02 11:30 PM

Thank God I didn't Cam! We'd never hear the end of it. Poor Andy! Tarnished forever!!
Posted By: GodYankee

Re: michael...alive? - 06/22/02 01:01 AM

Okay, yes, Michael is most certainly dead as the last scene of GF3 is entitled "The Death of Michael Corleone." The writing was bad, the sepia tones were gone, the movie was too modern, and Sofia Copoola was crappy, especially at the end. But if a GF4 would take place, it would likely be between 1927 and 1945 (the mobb war of the depression), 1950 and 1958 (the rise of power and moral downfall of Michael), 1959 and 1978 (Michael's drive to be legitimate), or Vicent as a Don.

Re: michael...alive? - 06/22/02 03:02 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by GodYankee:
Okay, yes, Michael is most certainly dead as the last scene of GF3 is entitled "The Death of Michael Corleone." The writing was bad, the sepia tones were gone, the movie was too modern, and Sofia Copoola was crappy, especially at the end. But if a GF4 would take place, it would likely be between 1927 and 1945 (the mobb war of the depression), 1950 and 1958 (the rise of power and moral downfall of Michael), 1959 and 1978 (Michael's drive to be legitimate), or Vicent as a Don.
totally agree
Posted By: the angel of justice

Re: michael...alive? - 06/23/02 12:29 PM

ok, i must say that i also liked part III, i'm sorry! But also i thought that andy garcia was fantastic in the film, does no one else think this? A fourth Godfather would have to include him.

Re: michael...alive? - 06/23/02 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by the angel of justice:
A fourth Godfather would have to include him.
They would have to make his weight apart of the story line.Maybe he eats too much from depression.

Re: michael...alive? - 06/23/02 05:13 PM

wow..i guess this is a hot topic
Posted By: the angel of justice

Re: michael...alive? - 06/23/02 08:32 PM

Are we still talking about Garcia, he hasn't put on much weight has he?

Re: michael...alive? - 06/23/02 09:50 PM

Quote:
Hes not really fat.Hes just bloated.Nothing wrong with being a little bloated,but his bloatedness is almost pass the bloat mark.

Re: michael...alive? - 06/24/02 07:45 PM

definetly...he is the only one left... :rolleyes:

Re: michael...alive? - 06/24/02 08:59 PM

Quote:
What? Andys got fat ..I went off him after I saw his hairy back in GF3 anyway

FH

Re: michael...alive? - 06/25/02 02:12 AM

I don't think I've seen Andy Garcia in a long time. Is he really fat???? Don't think I've seen any new movies coming out with him. Maybe he's dieting!!!!

Re: michael...alive? - 06/25/02 06:07 AM

Maybe he's dieting!!!!
Quote:
Maybe he's dieting!!!!I think he's gotten fat but idk buy Ocean's Eleven i haven't bothered to see that. or maybe hopefully he's retiring or dying.

Re: michael...alive? - 06/25/02 06:11 AM

still can't get the damn quote button to work but i'll get there some day .

Re: michael...alive? - 06/25/02 01:05 PM

I forgot about "Ocean's Eleven". I saw that movie and he wasn't fat there!!!! Now that I think about it, why do we care if he's fat!!!

Re: michael...alive? - 06/25/02 03:00 PM

Quote:
I forgot about "Ocean's Eleven". I saw that movie and he wasn't fat there!!!! Now that I think about it, why do we care if he's fat!!!
Good point, most of the italian Dons end up rather large after all the pasta and canolli anyway
Presuming he plays another one of those roles that is to say!
FH

Re: michael...alive? - 06/26/02 08:45 AM

i really like garcia in oceans 11
Posted By: Almammater

Re: michael...alive? - 06/26/02 09:44 AM

What is all this fuss about ? Much ado about nutin, mang !

There is NO WAY GFIV will ever hit the screen 'coz it's a TRILOGY guys, that means THREE parts and that's all.

Plus number 3 has something to do with religion, it's a sacred number, well, I won't expand on this but artistically it is very important, for example there are religious paintings called tryptics 'coz they are made of three paintings telling a story and unfold like a booklet.

Well, FFC surely knows about these things and probably wants to stick to this symbolic thing -unless he goes bankrupt again and the studios make him an offer he can't refuse of course !!! Arrgh ! Artistic choices move in mysterious ways... But it's strictly business, Tom

Plus when you go beyond number 3 it becomes a soap, not a sequel ! The higher the number, the lowest the credibility. Hey, what about a cartoon now ? BTW I LOOOOOOVED the Rugrats parody !

BTW #2, I happen to like GFIII very much (hey you, stop laughing at me, capice ?

BTW #3, this ends my posting.

Re: michael...alive? - 06/28/02 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Almammater:
What is all this fuss about ? Much ado about nutin, mang !

There is NO WAY GFIV will ever hit the screen 'coz it's a TRILOGY guys, that means THREE parts and that's all.

Plus number 3 has something to do with religion, it's a sacred number, well, I won't expand on this but artistically it is very important, for example there are religious paintings called tryptics 'coz they are made of three paintings telling a story and unfold like a booklet.

Well, FFC surely knows about these things and probably wants to stick to this symbolic thing -unless he goes bankrupt again and the studios make him an offer he can't refuse of course !!! Arrgh ! Artistic choices move in mysterious ways... But it's strictly business, Tom

Plus when you go beyond number 3 it becomes a soap, not a sequel ! The higher the number, the lowest the credibility. Hey, what about a cartoon now ? BTW I LOOOOOOVED the Rugrats parody !

BTW #2, I happen to like GFIII very much (hey you, stop laughing at me, capice ?

BTW #3, this ends my posting.
dont u c news...there might be a 4th..we all want it just to be 3...but there is rumors for 4th..so we r discusing..that is what forums r for
Posted By: Anton The Penguin

Re: michael...alive? - 06/30/02 08:16 AM

I believe he's so dead it ain't funny.

Quote:
"The old ultra-violence" - A Clockwork Orange
Posted By: Don Tony Montana

Re: michael...alive? - 06/30/02 08:37 PM

They could make parts of the movie with him, but not the whole thing.

Re: michael...alive? - 07/01/02 07:02 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Don Tony Montana:
They could make parts of the movie with him, but not the whole thing.
ya..thats my point...not the whole movie ofcourse..but just like the head start

Re: michael...alive? - 07/01/02 09:40 AM

Coppola wrote :
Quote:
dont u c news...there might be a 4th..we all want it just to be 3...but there is rumors for 4th..so we r discusing..that is what forums r for
Don't take it too personal, Coppola ! YOU can make GF IV if you want :p

Rumors are nothing but rumors... They won't cease unless there IS a GF IV, that's the way things go. So hopefully there ALWAYS be rumors, I want rumors, more rumors and NOTHING ALSE but rumors !

Almammater
Posted By: Anton The Penguin

Re: michael...alive? - 07/01/02 09:41 AM

It would no longer be The Godfather Trilogy but The Godfather...( )Quadrupily??? Whatever it is, Godfather Trilogy has a ring to it and Godfather Part IV is a TERRIBLE idea. I'm not sure Pacino would do it...or would he? What do you think?

Quote:
"Son of a bitch"! - (I dunno, a lot of films say this)!

Re: michael...alive? - 07/02/02 12:55 AM

Don Anton wrote :
Quote:
Godfather Part IV is a TERRIBLE idea. I'm not sure Pacino would do it...or would he? What do you think?
Hopefully NOT ! But now that he has 2 new mouths to feed... He played in 4 or 5 movies last year, he's never worked so much for cinema before...

Re: michael...alive? - 07/03/02 06:12 AM

ah Vincent GFiv that would be as interesting as the movie Hoodlum.

Re: michael...alive? - 07/03/02 06:13 AM

ah Vincent , Andy Garcia GFiv that would be as interesting as the movie Hoodlum.Oh yeah and by the way who would play Micheal?if they did those missing years?

Re: michael...alive? - 07/03/02 07:01 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Guineapig:
ah Vincent GFiv that would be as interesting as the movie Hoodlum.
LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL LLLLLLLL
Posted By: BEavis

Re: michael...alive? - 07/12/02 08:21 PM

i wanna see alot of sonny/fredp/michael/ and toms teen hoods when gowing up.

especially when tom gets picked up by sonny!
Posted By: Blake

Re: michael...alive? - 07/12/02 09:26 PM

I think that would suck monkey balls if they made a part 4 because the first 2 were awesome and the third one wasnt as good but still a kick as movie but making a 4 is out of the question. For one I think they made it clear that micheal died and if he still was alive he'd be too old to do squat. Anyway thats just my opinion.
Posted By: Blake

Re: michael...alive? - 07/12/02 09:28 PM

I think if they made a 4 it should be about stuff thats in the book that they didnt show you in the movie. Kinda like they explain how things happened and stuff. I think that would be awesome!!!
Posted By: Don Tony Montana

Re: michael...alive? - 07/14/02 01:18 AM

there wont be a gf4. and if there is it wont include michael being alive.
Posted By: Luca Brasi

Re: michael...alive? - 07/14/02 12:42 PM

I'd like to see more of Sonny and Luca, I feel Luca was killed off too quickly in GF1. They could of used him in plenty of scene's avenging Vito's hit. The book decribed him as a ruthless killer(even Vito was intimidated by him).
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET