Posted By: Knocc Out

Re: Godfather IV - 12/30/01 04:38 PM

I Doubt It....
Posted By: MobbingForMoney

Re: Godfather IV - 12/30/01 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Don Noto:
Will there ever be a Godfather IV?

I guess this board knows all the answers........
Posted By: Calo

Re: Godfather IV - 12/30/01 06:51 PM

I know the chances are slim to none, but I want one. Even if its bad, it would still be fun.
Posted By: Fredo Wissing

Re: Godfather IV - 01/01/02 06:06 PM

I'd like one. I think there's a lot of substrate available to the screenwriters to make it happen.

All they have to realize is that there's thousands of numskulls like us that'll

1. see the movie five times
2. buy the t-shirts, sweatshirts, pens, and GF IV tea cozy
3. buy the DVD, and talk incessantly about how awesome it is.

-- Fredo
Posted By: Saladbar

Re: Godfather IV - 01/01/02 07:08 PM

i admit i like the idea of a PREQUEL. the time of the real Roman Empire vs what was shown in GFII (vito's rise to power and revenge).

hard to believe i am saying this since i am one that isn't entirely convinced the GFIII should have been made (even though i enjoyed it some).
Posted By: Tyler Durden

Re: Godfather IV - 01/01/02 11:05 PM

i am an upcoming film maker and i am going to film school as we speak but, i was thinking about saving up money for a few years and try to write and script and direct a GF IV, even if it sucked i would still be famous! i would cast pacino and garcia and everybody! but i dont think it would work.
Posted By: Ricardo

Re: Godfather IV - 01/02/02 02:58 AM

If you can write a script i've got plenty of ideas! I posted them same place a couple days ago, i proposed to instead of a movie, maybe a bonus hour, to clear up everything everybody keeps wondering about (Brasi, Greene, Roth) we need to know more about Sonny's life, he was awesome. He died in the first movie, come on! :rolleyes:
Posted By: Vmancini

Re: Godfather IV - 01/02/02 02:54 PM

Puzo has already written much of the script, and it is circulating aroung a small group of hollywood "big wigs". Rather than try to write a new script or something, it would make the most sense to try and have Puzo's treatment made.

Re: Godfather IV - 01/02/02 03:10 PM

i wonder if puzo ever released the script or any other Godfather script, if Puzo HAS a completed script, somebody should do something about it. if there is an unfinished script, we could FINISH it.
Posted By: Baggmon

Re: Godfather IV - 01/02/02 05:06 PM

The problem is getting the acting talent that would be necessary to play a young Sonny and a younger Vito. Some people have suggested Nic Cage but that would possibly be the worst thing ever, well with the exception of Leo Di Caprio as Sonny's son.

I would love to see more of Sonny and Luca Brasi. A great scene for any prequel would be Don Corleone dealing with the men Al Capone sends to New York. Since Mario Puzo died however the chances of a finished script being produced are slim.
Posted By: Farantino

Re: Godfather IV - 01/02/02 10:44 PM

Today not a lot of actors are good enough to be in the Godfather movie. A person that I have in mind for GF 4 is Giovanni Ribisi. Look at this kid. He has a very intense face and he is not a bad actor.

[img]http://members.aol.com/_ht_a/ONeill21RF/pic_ribisi.art[/img]

Re: Godfather IV - 01/02/02 10:52 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Farantino:
Giovanni Ribisi.

Also Edward Norton and Christian Bale..........
Posted By: Turi Giuliano

Re: Godfather IV - 01/02/02 11:16 PM

You know what, I like Farantino's suggestion. I've seen that guy so many times in comedy and never would have even thought of him in a serious role. Most dominant role would be freinds. But after seeing that picture of him with such a serious face he could easily play more serious roles.

But after more thought I remember him playing a more serious role in, was it either Thin Red Line or Saving Private Ryan? And he did well in that.

Re: Godfather IV - 01/02/02 11:23 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Turi Giuliano:

But after more thought I remember him playing a more serious role in, was it either Thin Red Line or Saving Private Ryan? And he did well in that.

Saving Private Ryan.I also liked him in Boiler Room.

Re: Godfather IV - 01/03/02 02:04 AM

You beat me to it! I've seen him in both Boiler room and Saving Private Ryan. At the end of Boiler room this kid looks like young Vito Corleone! All of a sudden he starts greasing his hair, this makes his hair black, and he wears a black trench coat! It was pretty amazing! I consider him a good actor. One of the few young Italian method actors after the Pacino generation.

Re: Godfather IV - 01/03/02 11:13 PM

Also, I'm sure that some of the cast of The Sopranos would do fine. EX: Michael Impriolli
Posted By: the angel of justice

Re: Godfather IV - 01/03/02 11:54 PM

yes! Giovanni Ribisi is a great actor, and he looks the part too! Another role he was good in, apart from the boiler room and as frank in friends, was 'gone in 60 seconds'. Another guy, who has been previously mentioned on this board, who also starred(i use that term loosely) with Ribisi in Boiler Room and 'G I 60 S' was Scott Caan who would definately look the part of a young Santino (well, he should do anyway).

Re: Godfather IV - 01/04/02 12:02 AM

Also in the "Other Sister".
Posted By: Sermanni

Re: Godfather IV - 01/05/02 10:10 PM

Godfather 4 would be simple. Andy Garcia as Vinny in the modern day, watching the Corleone empire go down the pan with his hot-headedness and his fathers taste for the narcotics business, and Robert De Niro as between GF1 and GF2 Vito charting the rise of the family and the wars of the 30's with the Irish. Throw in a few stories about Luca Brasi, and hey presto a fantastic film. You could pad it out with Di Caprio and Ribisi if necessary.
Posted By: J Geoff

Re: Godfather IV - 01/05/02 10:17 PM

Sounds good, Sermanni, but why ruin it with DiCrapio??

JG
Posted By: Sermanni

Re: Godfather IV - 01/05/02 10:46 PM

I wouldn't because he is, by all means, crap. But he is a popular choice on this board. The real connoiseurs would not want him!!
Posted By: Francis The Kid Forducci

Re: Godfather IV - 01/05/02 11:27 PM

I think DiCaprio could do well in it. Also Johnny Depp. But the one guy that has to be in it is Ed Norton. I know he's not italian, but he has to be in the cast.
Posted By: Biggtone23

Re: Godfather IV - 01/06/02 12:09 AM

Just saw the Fast and Furious DVD maybe they could get Vin Diesil to play the young Luca.

Re: Godfather IV - 01/06/02 12:21 AM

OK, everyone stop it. Dicaprio????? Van Diesel??? Ed Norton?? You got to be kidding! If these people are in GF 4 I'll guarantee that the movie will sell less than "Road Trip"! Please have some respect for Puzo!
Posted By: Knocc Out

Re: Godfather IV - 01/06/02 12:21 AM

Johnny Depp would be great as a non italian rival to the Corleones...whether it be in Vito's time or Vincent's time
Posted By: Francis The Kid Forducci

Re: Godfather IV - 01/06/02 12:41 AM

Quote:
OK, everyone stop it. Dicaprio????? Van Diesel??? Ed Norton?? You got to be kidding! If these people are in GF 4 I'll guarantee that the movie will sell less than "Road Trip"! Please have some respect for Puzo!

Oh yeah, I'm sure you're better than all those actors huh. You say you're an aspiring actor, but why are you at this board when you got better things to do. Ed Norton was up for an Oscar, and YOU'RE bagging on him. Oh yeah, he's got nothing on you. You're a much better actor than him. I personally think Vin Diesel could make a good Luca Brasi. Either him or Paul Wight. How can you say anything about Leonardo Dicaprio. He starred in the highest grossing film in the history of film. But you're much better than him.

Re: Godfather IV - 01/06/02 12:46 AM

Give him a break Franc, he just said they weren't godfather material, not that their acting sucked. Robert Duvall is still alive, what's wrong with him? What does Jgeoff think about G4? What would you like to see, and who? P.S. thanks for avatars Jgeoff.

Re: Godfather IV - 01/06/02 12:50 AM

Quote:
OK, everyone stop it. Dicaprio????? Van Diesel??? Ed Norton??

At least you gave Ed Norton 2 question marks.

I also dont agree with the first two,but seeing as how Edward Norton is moving up pretty fast and is also a great actor,I think he deserves a stab at the next Godfather film.
Posted By: DoN KraYziE

Re: Godfather IV - 01/06/02 08:26 AM

no way should a GFIV be made...with both Vito and Michael dead and mostly everyone else around michaels age dead, as he looked pretty damn old when he died, and couldnt be a sequal...it would be a 50 year old Vincent and everyone else would be new. It would be its own new movie not a continuation. If they made it a prequel they would have a better chance of a good movie but u cant make actors look youner just older so it wouldnt work out and if they actually did make one it would be horrible and hurt the legacy of the Godfather. If they want to make it so bad they should get different names and call it a different name cuz with everyone dead (in the movie) or old (in real life) it just wouldnt work out as GF4 plus with the death of Puzo (RIP) no way
Posted By: DoN KraYziE

Re: Godfather IV - 01/06/02 08:35 AM

we'll have ribisi as young santino and pamela anderson as young sandra....yeah it just might work! :rolleyes:

Re: Godfather IV - 01/06/02 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Francis The Kid Forducci:

Oh yeah, I'm sure you're better than all those actors huh. You say you're an aspiring actor, but why are you at this board when you got better things to do. Ed Norton was up for an Oscar, and [b]YOU'RE
bagging on him. Oh yeah, he's got nothing on you. You're a much better actor than him. I personally think Vin Diesel could make a good Luca Brasi. Either him or Paul Wight. How can you say anything about Leonardo Dicaprio. He starred in the highest grossing film in the history of film. But you're much better than him.[/b]

You probably watched Titanic 50 times just to see DiCaprio! DiCaprio could play Vincent's gay son perhapse! Van Diesel can play a buffed up Corloene, who's hobbies are cars and bitches! wow!
Posted By: Saladbar

Re: Godfather IV - 01/06/02 07:22 PM

i would only like GFIV to use unknowns, or established actors/but not well known ones like Duvall, Caan and Pacino were when GFI came out (i am not sure pacino was even established at that time!). famous actors bring too much baggage with them and these endless fan fights.

Re: Godfather IV - 01/06/02 07:29 PM

I heard you the first time.
Posted By: J Geoff

Re: Godfather IV - 01/06/02 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Saladbar:
i apologize for the double posts...

FYI - You can Edit/Delete your posts by clicking on the icon of the post...

JG
Posted By: persiangodfather

Re: Godfather IV - 01/06/02 08:42 PM

Despite obvious practical problems, I don't think that the Godfather IV would be effective without Michael as the main character. One thing not yet mentioned is the issue of how Michael changes as a man and as a Don between 1959 and 1979. I think this makes a more compelling theme than the Santino/Vincent story.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET