Besides First Generation Mobsters
Lucky Luciano
Vito Genovese
Frank Costello
Joe Bonanno
Joe Profacii

ETC

What Second or Third Generation Mobsters actually spoke Fluent Italian

The only 2 I can think of that did was John Gotti I’m pretty sure he was cause he was caught speaking on wire tapes to Camorristi Casalesi clan member Antonio Bardellino about Heroin

Vinny Astro was supposedly Fluent and was gonna be Official Boss so he can communicate with the Sicilians in Canada but because of his lack of skills by being a Heroin Addict in his Youth and he also refuse going to Sit Downs and being Cheap he was Passed over for Promotion

And I would think Sonny Franzese could have been does anybody have Info about other guys ?
Posted By: CNote

Re: Italian American Mobsters who spoke Fluent Italian - 03/07/24 03:15 AM

Off the top of my head
Paul Castellano
Nino Gaggi
Aniello Dellacroce
Vincent Gigante
Dom Cirillo
Paul Vario
Toddo Aurello
Casso
Posted By: RushStreet

Re: Italian American Mobsters who spoke Fluent Italian - 03/07/24 03:18 AM

Angelo LaPietra
Posted By: Butchie1788

Re: Italian American Mobsters who spoke Fluent Italian - 03/07/24 04:12 AM

I Agree on the First Five but I highly doubt but I’m not positive Paul Vario was cause I never Read about him but Casso definitely NOT sorry to say but Thank You
Posted By: Iceveins

Re: Italian American Mobsters who spoke Fluent Italian - 03/10/24 04:24 AM

It's rather rare really. The truth is that most 2nd generation Americans are strictly English speakers because first generation American parents tend to only speak English to their own children, even if they are fluent in their family's tongue. That seems to be especially true for Italian Americans, even the children of parents who came here from Italy as teenagers are rarely fluent in Italian.

I've never even heard an Italian American mobster on wiretap speaking Italian to anyone, only a few curse words or exclamations here and there.
Posted By: Hollander

Re: Italian American Mobsters who spoke Fluent Italian - 03/10/24 04:39 AM

It's interesting though 2nd and 3rd generation Moroccans here still speak Arabic and Dutch ofcourse.
Posted By: furio_from_naples

Re: Italian American Mobsters who spoke Fluent Italian - 03/10/24 10:42 PM

Originally Posted by Iceveins
It's rather rare really. The truth is that most 2nd generation Americans are strictly English speakers because first generation American parents tend to only speak English to their own children, even if they are fluent in their family's tongue. That seems to be especially true for Italian Americans, even the children of parents who came here from Italy as teenagers are rarely fluent in Italian.

I've never even heard an Italian American mobster on wiretap speaking Italian to anyone, only a few curse words or exclamations here and there.

If the others dont know the italians why speak for don't be understood?
Posted By: The_Marble_Guy

Re: Italian American Mobsters who spoke Fluent Italian - 03/11/24 01:02 AM

Louie Manocchio
Posted By: Iceveins

Re: Italian American Mobsters who spoke Fluent Italian - 03/11/24 04:41 PM

Originally Posted by furio_from_naples
Originally Posted by Iceveins

If the others dont know the italians why speak for don't be understood?
Well that goes with what I'm saying - In Puerto Rican gangs back in the day for instance, they'd mix between speaking and English amongst each other....yet when it came to Italians, it was strictly English speaking amongst everybody.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET