Home

Skinny Joey on Vlad

Posted By: Giacalone

Skinny Joey on Vlad - 03/01/24 10:37 PM

Haha never in my wildest dreams did I ever think I was going to see Skinny Joey on VladTV. Absolutely unbelievable. The very same platform that got Keefe D indicted for murder lol

Posted By: Lenox

Re: Skinny Joey on Vlad - 03/01/24 10:59 PM

Let's be real. who is going to try and touch Merlin?? no one. Merlino can go anywhere in NYC day or night and not have an issue. In fact, made guys would probably talk to him.
A guy like Cicale, Borello, Alite or others would need to be very strategic as to when and where they go on NYC.

Re: Skinny Joey on Vlad - 03/01/24 11:02 PM

VladTV is notorious for platforming rats. Joey is in good company lol
Posted By: Hollander

Re: Skinny Joey on Vlad - 03/02/24 12:10 AM

Posted By: jace

Re: Skinny Joey on Vlad - 03/02/24 04:40 AM

Big mistake by Merlino. The man who runs that site is a total creep, he always has been. I think he set Merlino up. In only a short interview that was probably not supposed to be about asking Mafia questions, the guy asked Merlino if 3 different people were bosses, and about killings. Merlino, to his credit, kept his cool and did not respond the way the creep wanted. I never liked Vlad due to his giggle as he asks inciting questions to all guests, but this was supposed to be the beginning of a partnership between him and Merlino. Instead he came out as a double crosser. Merlino should drop out of any agreement they had. At the very end Merlino calmly says "I did not come here to talk about that, came here to talk about rats."
Posted By: DiLorenzo

Re: Skinny Joey on Vlad - 03/02/24 04:42 AM

This is supposed to be the boss ?? My mother beat me...awww

I come from a family of 10....Who do you expect to slap ya around when there's no father around ??

We used to get a vacuum pipe slap in the ass...Next time we knew what not to do !!
Posted By: TheKillingJoke

Re: Skinny Joey on Vlad - 03/02/24 08:12 AM

Yeah I don't think this is a very good move... Going on VladTV is almost like surviving a police questioning.
Posted By: NYMafia

Re: Skinny Joey on Vlad - 03/02/24 11:30 AM

Joey Merlino — You better wake up already!

This entire mess that Joey Merlino is creating (and make no mistake about it fellas, because this IS a mess,) and the resulting negative exposure he’s generating for himself from all the publicity surrounding him is one of the worst things — if not the worst thing — that Merlino could have done (to himself I might add.)

From his ridiculous “The Skinny” podcast starring Joey Merlino, to his latest faux pas of granting an interview to Vlad TV, what does he think he’s accomplishing here? If it weren’t so sad and foolish, it would actually be comical….but its not. It’s just plain stupid!

You know, if he were just some nobody, just some dorky computer nerd sitting at a keyboard in his daddy’s basement getting cheap thrills, that would be one thing...But he’s not.

Because if you believe what local and federal law enforcement authorities have to say about him, he is, or was, the leader of Philadelphia’s Mob…So it begs the question, ”Has Merlino lost all his fucking marbles?”

Regardless of whether Merlino is still involved in organized crime or not is patently immaterial. What the fuck does he REALLY think he is accomplishing with all this nonsense? Does he really believe that he’s “exposing” mob informants for what they are? If so, thats fucking laughable!

Isn’t he sharp enough to know in his heart of hearts that the general public already knows all of this bullshit and really doesn’t give two shits about any of these informants or the guys put in jail by their testimony? Is he REALLY that naive?

I believe that the correct answer to that question is —- no, he isn’t naive. I find that very hard to believe. Joey’s a knockaround guy and he knows better than that…or he should know better than that.

Merlino may not be a book-educated guy. He’s no Rhodes Scholar. But, he has graduated from a thousand schools of hard knocks and he’s a “street guy” through and through. He should know better…and deep down, I think he does.

So, for my money, something else must be going on behind the scenes over here….Because I do not believe Merlino has suddenly turned “public advocate” for the betterment of the wrongly incarcerated or to help “straighten out” the judicial process. WTF, he became a social worker now? LOL. Don’t make me fucking laugh!

There’s gotta be another reason why Merlino is doing all this. Is he broke? Does he need money and so he thinks a podcast is gonna generate the finances he needs? If so, then he’d better think again, and go get himself into a real business that will make some real money for him.

Is he looking for his “15 minutes of fame?” I don’t think so. Joey doesn’t strike me as that type of guy.

Does he REALLY believe that making a fool out of himself on public television and the internet is really going to adversely affect the lives or podcasts of any of these rats? I doubt it. In fact, to the contrary, all Merlino is doing is helping these idiots generate more publicity and views for their podcasts.

If you really hate rats they way you profess you do (and I don’t doubt that he does,) how utterly stupid of him to inadvertently help promote their rat platforms.

I didn’t watch the entire Vlad interview…I didn’t have to. But the part I watched was very embarrassing to say the least. Joey Merlino looked like the preverbal “deer caught in the headlights.”

What was going through this man’s mind at that minute? He had to know he was being set-up and that he was suddenly “on the hot seat” in front of millions of viewers. How embarrassing for him (and for the guys back in Philly.)

All the various "mob rat podcasts" as well as the accompanying "rat push back" genre, has become like Barnum & Bailey's Three-Ring Circus!

PS: If you didn't know better, it would almost make you think they're all working together in unison to promote all this nonsense for one another. LOL

Side Note: In closing, let me just say this. I don’t know who’s been pissing in Joey’s ear giving him such bad advice. But he’d better kick them in their ass and chase them ASAP. Because he’s being led astray and he’s not doing himself any favors by pursuing this path he’s on.

My understanding is that Joey’s got some very dear childhood friends back home in Philly. If so, then they better get together and sit him down and knock some sense into this guy’s head, before he puts his foot into his mouth any further than he already has it.

…”The Other Guy”

Posted By: F_white

Re: Skinny Joey on Vlad - 03/02/24 11:41 AM

A very bad look on Joey.

Re: Skinny Joey on Vlad - 03/02/24 01:12 PM

He is not involved any longer, thats basically a known fact and NYC could care less. He is on VLAD and has a podcast to make legitimate money ( which he is doing ). The mafia is dead and the few guys left on the street are living in the past.
Just take a stroll down 18th ave in Brooklyn and take a look.. the Italian hoods are done and unfortunately replaced with NOT the best type of immigrants. Many dont embrace our traditions.

Re: Skinny Joey on Vlad - 03/02/24 02:00 PM

It was not that long ago he was indicted in that big bust with New York.

https://www.phillymag.com/news/2016/08/05/bada-bing-joey-merlino-indictment/
Posted By: ralphie_cifaretto

Re: Skinny Joey on Vlad - 03/02/24 02:22 PM

I feel embarrassed for the few guys that remain in that tiny family. This is your boss?? lol Oh man I would kill myself
Posted By: ralphie_cifaretto

Re: Skinny Joey on Vlad - 03/02/24 02:24 PM

Originally Posted by Lenox
He is not involved any longer, thats basically a known fact and NYC could care less.

Ooooohh they care. Trust me on that. You'll hear more about it soon kid lol lol

Re: Skinny Joey on Vlad - 03/02/24 03:00 PM

His lawyer Edwin Jacobs should have advised him not to do it, but we can only guess what his motivation is. Time will tell..
Posted By: Millspgh

Re: Skinny Joey on Vlad - 03/02/24 03:05 PM

We knew when we first heard this was happening that Joey wasn’t going to say anything of interest and he was going to deny anything involving himself and the LCN.

It’s not like he was going to go on there and say “yea I was the Boss, but I’m retired, but I made 23 guys and made $14million and have 4 hits under my belt”

Re: Skinny Joey on Vlad - 03/02/24 03:10 PM

Originally Posted by TheKillingJoke
Yeah I don't think this is a very good move... Going on VladTV is almost like surviving a police questioning.

Yes next time he should take the fifth lol.

Re: Skinny Joey on Vlad - 03/02/24 04:07 PM

Originally Posted by ralphie_cifaretto
He is not involved any longer, thats basically a known fact and NYC could care less.

Ooooohh they care. Trust me on that. You'll hear more about it soon kid lol lol

Really??? what are they going to do, protest his podcast and call him mobaphobic ?
Posted By: The_Marble_Guy

Re: Skinny Joey on Vlad - 03/02/24 04:11 PM

Originally Posted by Hollander
His lawyer Edwin Jacobs should have advised him not to do it, but we can only guess what his motivation is. Time will tell..

motivation was $$
Posted By: The_Marble_Guy

Re: Skinny Joey on Vlad - 03/02/24 04:13 PM

I watched the entire interview and it was awkward. Anytime Vlad mentioned the word Mafia you could see the awkwardness coming. Any known person he brought up, Joey said he read it in the paper. This was a quick cash grab with very little information taken away from it. Joey said all the same stuff he's been saying in his podcasts.

Re: Skinny Joey on Vlad - 03/02/24 04:46 PM

So the FBI and others can tell stories about him, and leak stories to the media, but he finally responds with his videos (Which are great) and he is attacked. He has been accused of everything from fixing the Super Bowl to fixing the election for Trump! He has a right to do a podcast, and I love it. Lots of people here are triggered, but too bad. Capeci and others can do stories on guys with no way for people accused on the sites to reply---now Joey is replying, Great Joey, keep it up.

Re: Skinny Joey on Vlad - 03/02/24 04:47 PM

Vlad screwed it up by not asking the right questions, or bring out the right stories, such as the super bowl story. Merlino should stick to his own podcast, Vlad cannot be trusted.

Re: Skinny Joey on Vlad - 03/02/24 11:19 PM

Originally Posted by F_white
A very bad look on Joey.

100%!... And not only that, but by sticking his head out in public in such a blatant and ridiculous and counterproductive way, Joey’s not doing himself any favors. Plus, it's not even in keeping with a knockaround mentality.

In fact, in my opinion, he’s being very foolish. And aside from the earlier comments I made here today, here’s a few more reasons why I feel this way…

#1) Ultimately, NOTHING positive will ever be accomplished by going on this silly "quest” to expose rats and informants. Don't you think that the vast majority of people who even bother to pay attention to this type of mob stuff already know what the typical informant is all about? And equally important. Do you REALLY think that the average person out there in the world even really cares? OF COURSE THEY DON’T.

Everyone already knows that informants are generally low-life types willing to commit just about any criminal offense out there, but who are not willing to do jail time when they get caught, so they become rats to save their own skins. Big deal!

And don’t we already know that they sometimes lie? As do certain prosecutors, law enforcement officers, and the defendants and their defense lawyers too for that matter?…So what? Big deal!

Does anyone on this forum really believe THATS a new revelation that the public doesn’t already know about and really, really needs to hear about?

Or, for that matter, even give two fucks to hear about? Come on now? This is actually getting stupid at this point! If anyone really believes that, then there’s a bridge in Brooklyn that I wanna sell you, ok? LOL

#2) As I stated earlier this morning, maybe if you're a legitimate guy who hasn’t got a clue in life, or you're a straight-up legitimate sucker, then maybe you wanna delude yourself and actually believe all this hogwash and nonsense that these newfangled “crusaders” are on to "enlighten” everyone about mob informants.

Or maybe, if you have a failed podcast, you want to try and pump up your ratings so you create a lot of sensational nonsense in the hopes that viewers will come to your podcast and listen to your tales of bullshit.

What do they call this silly failed movement of theirs? I don’t bother listening to any of this trash so I really couldn’t tell you. But they better give it a break already, because its so ridiculously childish and stupid that anybody with half-a-brain in their head has to laugh at them and fell embarrassed for them!

But Joey Merlino? Well, He's another story altogether. He’s different, or at least he should think differently. And I’m gonna give him the benefit of the doubt here and say that he’s no dope. That said, Joey really has no business involving himself with such idiots in such infantile nonsense. With his life's experiences, Merlino is way beyond that sort of thing in life. He should distance himself from all this nonsense immediately....If not sooner!

Re: Skinny Joey on Vlad - 03/02/24 11:35 PM

The problem with Joey is that he was always a little too independent. What Joey wanted to do was always more important than what anybody else wanted. A guy like that is always going to be a problem in the long run. If he feels a certain way, he is not going to listen to reason. Telling bookies to go fuck themselves should've been a fucking sign lol

Re: Skinny Joey on Vlad - 03/03/24 07:21 AM

Originally Posted by DiLorenzo

I come from a family of 10....Who do you expect to slap ya around when there's no father around ??

We used to get a vacuum pipe slap in the ass...Next time we knew what not to do !!

The entire interview was stupid and almost comical, (in a bad way.) Not to mention, as F_White said earlier, it was a very bad look for Joey, a former knockaround guy doing interviews for commentators under the guise of "entertainment" and "setting the record straight."

His name is NOT Michael Franzese, Sammy Gravano, John Alite, that idiot Borello, or any of those other rats who proliferate YouTube nowadays.

By all accounts, Joey Merlino has been a standup guy all these years and has done his jail time like a man. So I ask you, WTF??

Regardless of what some people here might say, that he is "pushing back" on the rats and "exposing them for what they are." The truth is....the REAL truth is, that a man like Merlino is not supposed to even address such bullshit topics, nor is he supposed to be platforming himself in any way, shape or form on YouTube for the benefit of people who could care less about him, don't give two shits about what happens to him, and just wanna be "entertained" on the cheap while eating bags of popcorn.

Truth be told, Merlino's gone off the reservation with this one. And I don't just mean the Vlad interview, I mean with the entire YouTube show "The Skinny."

Is he trying to be a sports tout? Is he trying to be a comedian and entertain? Does he just enjoy telling war tales about his past? Is he that desperate for money that he's trying to make a profitable business out of a podcast? I mean what is going on here with him?

..."The Other Guy"
Posted By: CNote

Re: Skinny Joey on Vlad - 03/03/24 11:16 AM

Originally Posted by NYMafia

The entire interview was stupid and almost comical, (in a bad way.) Not to mention, as F_White said earlier, it was a very bad look for Joey, a former knockaround guy doing interviews for commentators under the guise of "entertainment" and "setting the record straight."

His name is NOT Michael Franzese, Sammy Gravano, John Alite, that idiot Borello, or any of those other rats who proliferate YouTube nowadays.

By all accounts, Joey Merlino has been a standup guy all these years and has done his jail time like a man. So I ask you, WTF??

Regardless of what some people here might say, that he is "pushing back" on the rats and "exposing them for what they are." The truth is....the REAL truth is, that a man like Merlino is not supposed to even address such bullshit topics, nor is he supposed to be platforming himself in any way, shape or form on YouTube for the benefit of people who could care less about him, don't give two shits about what happens to him, and just wanna be "entertained" on the cheap while eating bags of popcorn.

Truth be told, Merlino's gone off the reservation with this one. And I don't just mean the Vlad interview, I mean with the entire YouTube show "The Skinny."

Is he trying to be a sports tout? Is he trying to be a comedian and entertain? Does he just enjoy telling war tales about his past? Is he that desperate for money that he's trying to make a profitable business out of a podcast? I mean what is going on here with him?

..."The Other Guy"

Did you ask your husband about doing time like a man, just saying.
How can you be the "Other Guy" if you have a husband?

Re: Skinny Joey on Vlad - 03/03/24 11:26 AM

Mob Tube is in decline, the fact that Sammy is doing a Sit-down with these wannabes, tells me he's running out of content. I mean Gene "Lips" Borello, really Sammy, this guy wouldn't even be parking cars at the Plaza Suite for you, back in the day, gtfoh.

Re: Skinny Joey on Vlad - 03/03/24 01:08 PM

Originally Posted by CNote

..."The Other Guy"

Ok, I see what you’re doing here.

Quite obviously, you don’t like what I’m saying about this failing “rat pushback movement” that certain numbskulls are trying to promote. But you know you can’t go toe-to-toe with me in any intelligent discussion, because you’d lose that discussion badly. So now you’re hoping to derail this thread by insulting me.

But you miscalculated one very important thing, SissyNote, “In order for you to insult me, I must first respect and value your opinion, which I do not!…nice try though.” LOL

Re: Skinny Joey on Vlad - 03/03/24 01:45 PM

..."The Other Guy"

Ok, I see what you’re doing here.

Quite obviously, you don’t like what I’m saying about this failing “rat pushback movement” that certain numbskulls are trying to promote. But you know you can’t go toe-to-toe with me in any intelligent discussion, because you’d lose that discussion badly. So now you’re hoping to derail this thread by insulting me.

But you miscalculated one very important thing, SissyNote, “In order for you to insult me, I must first respect and value your opinion, which I do not!…nice try though.” LOL

Looks like I touched a nerve. You can flame me all you want but the facts are, that I never insulted you, I merely quoted a statement you, yourself, made on this forum. You stated that you had a husband on a previous post. That's fine, if your a woman, you submit good content, I have no problem with that, but its disingenuous to try to pass yourself off as one of the guys when you have a husband. That makes you either a woman or gay man, which I'm not going to hate on either but it degrades your street cred. Maybe you and Lisa are one in the same person, I don't know but until you clarify what meant when you stated you have a husband, I have to call you out here.

Re: Skinny Joey on Vlad - 03/03/24 03:33 PM

MORE PROOF THAT WILL CAUSE A FEW HEART ATTACKS

Since certain people wanna continue to play games, then let’s play games, shall we?

Here is even more evidence, in fact, proof positive evidence, that so-called “pushing back on informants” podcasts are failing miserably;

One particular podcast that focuses on the subject of “lying rats” has been operating for several years already. Yet, more than two years later, they have only a measly 1500 subscribers to show for all their desperate efforts. How sad.

Clearly, this shows the content they offer sucks, and that their podcast is sucking wind badly, which only further goes to prove my point. Which is their content is so boring that nobody even bothers visiting their podcast.

A different, but affiliated podcast, created at least as many years ago, which also focuses on “exposing rats” is in similarly bad shape. I believe this podcast has only around 1000 subscribers.

1500 subs? 1000 subs? Ya gotta be kidding, right?

Thats all they’ve got to show after being in business for years? (If you can even call it a “business” when you suck wind that badly.)

If you were running a legitimate bricks-n-mortar business that produced those paltry numbers, you’d have put the key in the front door and filed for bankruptcy protection already.

PS: Quite frankly, I wouldn’t even trust these embarrassing statistics. Because, no doubt, along the way they’ve also paid money to “buy” views and subs to try and bolster their appearance and failing podcasts to make themselves look relevant….which, clearly, they are not!

It’s actually laughable.

Re: Skinny Joey on Vlad - 03/03/24 03:57 PM

..."The Other Guy"

'He" refuses to answer regarding him having a husband. He claims he is a guy who knew Mafia members, now he has a husband.

Re: Skinny Joey on Vlad - 03/03/24 03:59 PM

NYMafia, you have over 8,000 posts here, a website that you constantly promote, and a Youtube channel. Yet you are throwing a fit about Merlino having a podcast to give his side of things.

Re: Skinny Joey on Vlad - 03/03/24 04:01 PM

I agree with CNote's comment, I have the same thought.

Maybe you and Lisa are one in the same person, I don't know but until you clarify what meant when you stated you have a husband, I have to call you out here.

Re: Skinny Joey on Vlad - 03/03/24 04:18 PM

Your infantile attacks on me are actually laughable...predictable and so pathetic!

I'm not throwing a fit. Not at all. To the contrary, I'm just stating facts (in a thread that was previously started by another forum member, by the way.) And I'm doing so in a very calm and methodical and surgical way.

To the contrary, you, CNote and "Westchester" are the ones who are now feeling the heat and starting to shit your frilly panties. LOL.

And judging from those sorry ass statistics I just posted up for everyone on this forum to see and read for themselves, who could say they blame you, right? LOL

Posted By: JCrusher

Re: Skinny Joey on Vlad - 03/03/24 06:01 PM

Joey annoys me more than just about any of the other mobtube guys. I means he’s a snake for sure but is really a bigger attention whore

Re: Skinny Joey on Vlad - 03/03/24 06:13 PM

Originally Posted by jace
I agree with CNote's comment, I have the same thought.

Maybe you and Lisa are one in the same person, I don't know but until you clarify what meant when you stated you have a husband, I have to call you out here.

I've suspected for a while that NYMafia was a woman, but does it really matter?? This is someone who contributes more than almost anybody

Re: Skinny Joey on Vlad - 03/03/24 06:15 PM

Originally Posted by JCrusher
Joey annoys me more than just about any of the other mobtube guys. I means he’s a snake for sure but is really a bigger attention whore

Haha Joey reeks of hatred and misery. I always feel like I need a shower after listening to him. He is funny though lol

Re: Skinny Joey on Vlad - 03/03/24 07:07 PM

These continuous infantile attacks aimed at me are actually laughable...predictable, pathetic, and only serve to display and prove you're growing frustrations.

In fact, you're childish "elementary schoolyard level" comments provide proof positive that I am correct in all my assumptions. (So, by all means, do keep it up...like I care. To the contrary, I actually find it quite amusing)

All I did was state clear facts and statistics (in a thread started by another forum member) And I did so in a very calm and methodical and surgical way. But I guess the facts don't work very well with your false narratives and bullshit agenda...They are a very inconvenient truth.

So now Jaceydom, CNote, JCrusher, and Giacalone and a few others are trying they're best to make a "coordinated" attack on me. Because in truth, They are the ones now feeling the heat after being "outed" and are now shitting they're frilly panties.

And judging from those sorry ass statistics I just posted up earlier for everyone on this forum to see and read for themselves, who could say they blame them, right?
-----
PS: Like actor Edward G. Robinson, playing the part of Enrico (Rico) Bandello said in the 1931 film classic, Little Caesar, "It seems you can dish it out, but you just can't take it!"
-----

Basically, you guys are embarrassing yourselves more and more to no end. But like I said, "by all means, keep it up. I'm sure everybody here is getting a real good laugh at your expense. (I know we are)
Posted By: streetbossliborio

Re: Skinny Joey on Vlad - 03/03/24 10:32 PM

These joey interviews are brilliant/hilarious.. I think he can do what he wants and he doesn’t care what anyone has to say about it. When NY called him down for a meeting when he was going at it with Stanfa he said they can get f*cked. I really don’t think he cares what anyone thinks as long as he isn’t a rat, especially after serving decades due to a continuous line of rats.
Posted By: Dwalin2011

Re: Skinny Joey on Vlad - 03/03/24 11:16 PM

So now Jaceydom, CNote, JCrusher, and Giacalone and a few other idiots are trying their best to make a "coordinated" attack on me.

I don't want to get involved into this argument, but actually JCrusher didn't attack you, he said Merlino is annoying and attention-seeking, just like you said yourself previously. I think he actually agreed with you.

Re: Skinny Joey on Vlad - 03/04/24 12:00 AM

Originally Posted by Dwalin2011

So now Jaceydom, CNote, JCrusher, and Giacalone and a few other idiots are trying their best to make a "coordinated" attack on me.

I don't want to get involved into this argument, but actually JCrusher didn't attack you, he said Merlino is annoying and attention-seeking, just like you said yourself previously. I think he actually agreed with you.

JCrusher deleted his comment. He agreed with the rest of us, but no one is attacking anyone

Re: Skinny Joey on Vlad - 03/04/24 12:02 AM

Originally Posted by streetbossliborio
These joey interviews are brilliant/hilarious..

The guy is funny. I almost wish he had picked stand-up instead of crime lol

Re: Skinny Joey on Vlad - 03/04/24 12:42 AM

. This. Thanks Dwalin!

Re: Skinny Joey on Vlad - 03/04/24 12:44 AM

Originally Posted by Giacalone

JCrusher deleted his comment. He agreed with the rest of us, but no one is attacking anyone

. The only thing I agreed with you particularly on is that NYMafia is a good poster and personal attacks are ridiculous to do. I’m still really confused how I was looped into this that’s why I deleted my post

Re: Skinny Joey on Vlad - 03/04/24 12:56 AM

Originally Posted by Giacalone

. The only thing I agreed with you particularly on is that NYMafia is a good poster and personal attacks are ridiculous to do. I’m still really confused how I was looped into this that’s why I deleted my post

Exactly, and we both agreed that NYMafia's gender should not matter. We're all here to enjoy the forum

Re: Skinny Joey on Vlad - 03/04/24 03:07 AM

His gender matters due to him making it an issue all this time, such as claiming he hung with wise guys as a friend, and caring himself "The other guy." He used man's name as a user name on the other site that kicked him out the door, forcing him to come here. When the slip came and a husband was mentioned, that showed something was amiss. It should be addressed by them. Instead it is avoided.

Re: Skinny Joey on Vlad - 03/04/24 03:09 AM

He never asked for all the attention that law enforcement weasels have thrown out for several decade about him. I hope more people like him come out and speak up. Time has come for pushback. He's shedding light on what the government and their sleazy informers have been up to, more people need to see it.
Posted By: British

Re: Skinny Joey on Vlad - 03/04/24 12:14 PM

Does that interviewer ever get a name right?

Re: Skinny Joey on Vlad - 03/04/24 01:01 PM

NOW FOR THE TRUTH...

Here is proof positive evidence that so-called “informant push back” podcasts are failing miserably;

A) One particular podcast that focuses on the subject of “lying rats” has been operating for several years already. Yet, more than two years later, they only have 1500 subscribers to show for all their desperate efforts. This clearly shows their content is lacking and their podcast is sucking wind badly. Obviously their content is so boring nobody listens to them.

B) Another affiliated podcast, formed at least as many years ago, also focuses on “exposing rats” and is in similarly bad shape. This podcast only has around 1000 subscribers.

After so many years and yet only 1500 subs and 1000 subs to show for it?

These undeniable statistics clearly show that the general public is not interested in such content.

Any legitimate bricks-n-mortar business producing these paltry numbers would have already closed up and filed for bankruptcy protection.

PS: Frankly, these podcasts are also known to actually "buy" views/subs to bolster up their appearance and make it appear that their failing podcasts are successful. So the 1500 and 1000 sub numbers are not even real. I wouldn't be surprised to find out, in reality, they only have a few hundred subs each.

Re: Skinny Joey on Vlad - 03/04/24 01:33 PM

We only see Melino on camera. Perhaps behind the scenes he is feeling a lot of guilt about not being there for his daughters hence the podcast to make money? I am pretty sure thats what Gravano did it for.. Dont get me wrong, Im sure they also want the money but I do think Gravano ( believe it or not) feels a lot of guilt about his kids, I know I would.
Posted By: Brovelli

Re: Skinny Joey on Vlad - 03/04/24 02:45 PM

NOW FOR THE TRUTH...

Here is proof positive evidence that so-called “informant push back” podcasts are failing miserably;

A) One particular podcast that focuses on the subject of “lying rats” has been operating for several years already. Yet, more than two years later, they only have 1500 subscribers to show for all their desperate efforts. This clearly shows their content is lacking and their podcast is sucking wind badly. Obviously their content is so boring nobody listens to them.

B) Another affiliated podcast, formed at least as many years ago, also focuses on “exposing rats” and is in similarly bad shape. This podcast only has around 1000 subscribers.

After so many years and yet only 1500 subs and 1000 subs to show for it?

These undeniable statistics clearly show that the general public is not interested in such content.

Any legitimate bricks-n-mortar business producing these paltry numbers would have already closed up and filed for bankruptcy protection.

PS: Frankly, these podcasts are also known to actually "buy" views/subs to bolster up their appearance and make it appear that their failing podcasts are successful. So the 1500 and 1000 sub numbers are not even real. I wouldn't be surprised to find out, in reality, they only have a few hundred subs each.

I think it’s a hard sell to the average person that the criminals are saints and the rats are liars etc. not saying everything rats say are to be believed but ultimately people are interested in hearing about the mob and how it operates, the culture etc. people sitting there slamming the people who provide the only public insight into the mob are not going to gather widespread interest except for the fanboys of gangsters. Which also confuses me that people go on a public forum talking about the mafia and then act like they abide by omertà and want rats to be murdered, odd.

I do disagree that Joeys podcast wont survive. It’s an extremely unique podcast and people are gonna want to hear him purely based on who he is (me included). The only threat to it is if he does change his mind and cares about the publicity for the mob but as people have said on here a few times he does not give a fuck lol, so fair play to him I will watch it pending the topics
Posted By: Big_Tuna93

Re: Skinny Joey on Vlad - 03/04/24 03:41 PM

My thoughts on the podcast:

As someone who has no involvement, but a deep interest in that life, I don't have any problem with him doing it. I don't think he wants to go into specifics about mafia related things. I think he just wants to shine a light on rats and the ridiculous treatment they get from the FBI. Here's the thing, He obviously has a few cash flow issues. Between the gambling, the cars, and clothes it doesn't take a whole lot to come to the conclusion that he needs money. Right now, podcasts and internet shows are where it's at. My guess is that he walked away from the life, and needed to find a way to find a consistent income stream. Just by his instagram posts, its apparent that he likes the high life. There are tons of guys right now who are making money doing this, and none of them--maybe besides Sammy--are even close to as polarizing as he is. Whether you agree with him doing it or not, overall his podcast is entertaining, and there's a big market for people who want to hear from him. Also, the mob is no longer a secret society. It hasn't been that for decades. And even with that, I still don't think thats an area he'll ever delve too deep into. He's pretty smart and cautious that way.

Re: Skinny Joey on Vlad - 03/04/24 04:18 PM

I dont think it's an issue of whether criminals are saints and rats are liars. I think it's the fact that the criminals or former criminals (merlino) on YouTube actually took responsibility and did their time without the usual blame game bs. People seem to gravitate towards that.

Re: Skinny Joey on Vlad - 03/04/24 04:25 PM

I dont think it's an issue of whether criminals are saints and rats are liars. I think it's the fact that the criminals or former criminals (merlino) on YouTube actually took responsibility and did their time without the usual blame game bs. People seem to gravitate towards that.

This may be your point but most people do not care about their integrity as a rat or a stand up guy. They just wanna hear stories and get insider knowledge which is only going to come from a rat who has already confessed to their crimes. I also personally don’t care too much about whether a rat is more of a scumbag than a non-rat. They’re all criminals and I just like getting insight into that life from people who know better than I do.

Re: Skinny Joey on Vlad - 03/04/24 04:52 PM

Originally Posted by Brovelli

This may be your point but most people do not care about their integrity as a rat or a stand up guy. They just wanna hear stories and get insider knowledge which is only going to come from a rat who has already confessed to their crimes. I also personally don’t care too much about whether a rat is more of a scumbag than a non-rat. They’re all criminals and I just like getting insight into that life from people who know better than I do.

I agree but I think the whole " stand up" part is what Merlino's differentiation is. I also think people get bored of the rat stories because they lose credibility.

Re: Skinny Joey on Vlad - 03/04/24 04:54 PM

A Joe Rogan earns millions, but most (organized crime) podcasts don't make a lot of money.

Re: Skinny Joey on Vlad - 03/04/24 05:09 PM

Originally Posted by Brovelli

I agree but I think the whole " stand up" part is what Merlino's differentiation is. I also think people get bored of the rat stories because they lose credibility.

I think merlino has the most unique stance of all as a (former) boss, potentially active! It’s hard to beat lol. I am not complaining about him being on YouTube, my only view of it is that active guys in the mob are complaining/are not happy lol

Re: Skinny Joey on Vlad - 03/04/24 05:12 PM

A Joe Rogan earns millions, but most (organized crime) podcasts don't make a lot of money.

Merlino with a big name producer and big name guests must be making decent money I would think. I imagine Kevin Connolly is paying him a salary and then he’s hoping to cash in on the marketing. Connolly or whatever production company he’s linked to. If that is correct then the producers are gonna want Merlino to touch as close to the mob topics as they can get him to as that’s what people want to hear him talking about lol
Posted By: LC330

Re: Skinny Joey on Vlad - 03/05/24 08:32 AM

Originally Posted by jace
NYMafia, you have over 8,000 posts here, a website that you constantly promote, and a Youtube channel. Yet you are throwing a fit about Merlino having a podcast to give his side of things.

I figured Half of these accounts on are probably nymafia .

Merlino show already lost its luster for me . If he won’t talk about mob stuff then who cares what he has to say . He’s basically a a bottom feeder who spent a 1/3 of life or more in prison .
Posted By: Jimmy_Two_Times

Re: Skinny Joey on Vlad - 03/05/24 10:08 PM

Perhaps this is a sign that the mob guys that have been more news worthy are getting further pushed into the spotlight to detract from the other work going on in the families? I’m just spitballing

Re: Skinny Joey on Vlad - 03/06/24 12:06 AM

Posted By: Serpiente

Re: Skinny Joey on Vlad - 03/06/24 01:18 AM

Skinny is saying more and more everyday …. And the subject is getting into the life without a doubt .

You can see the greed in Skinny when it comes to the easy money running his mouth. … you can tell he knows that these YouTube folks are making easy money and he definitely wants in .

But without a doubt he is breaking the half ass oath that jerkoff Natale gave him … all of NY without a doubt that stood behind Skinny when everyone was saying he is not made and don’t recognize him are really pissed off .

There is not much of that life left and this just took 1/3 of anything it had left .

Re: Skinny Joey on Vlad - 03/06/24 01:59 AM

Originally Posted by Jimmy_Two_Times
Perhaps this is a sign that the mob guys that have been more news worthy are getting further pushed into the spotlight to detract from the other work going on in the families? I’m just spitballing

Cosa Nostra wants to operate under the radar look at all the online gambling /sports betting going on.
Posted By: Jimmy_Two_Times

Re: Skinny Joey on Vlad - 03/06/24 01:53 PM

Originally Posted by Jimmy_Two_Times

Cosa Nostra wants to operate under the radar look at all the online gambling /sports betting going on.

I hear you. But OC is very much well known. There is no under the radar anymore. Also, there has been nothing to deter these podcasters from doing what they are doing. So why not try to use that to an advantage? If people are talking about the podcasters they aren’t talking about current operations. It was just a thought I’m working through.

Re: Skinny Joey on Vlad - 03/07/24 02:09 AM

The guy who runs Vladtv is releasing 2-4 minute excerpts of the interview, which is not worth watching. He should either release it all, or at least 10 minutes. The one he let out today is 2 minutes, Merlino tells the story of him and Alan Iverson that he already told on his show. Merlino's show is way better than Vladtv. Jeff Nadu has improved, I would not mind Merlino going on his show.

Re: Skinny Joey on Vlad - 03/11/24 02:12 AM

© 2024 GangsterBB.NET