Home

Beloved NYC Mafia Quiet Dom” Cirillo Gone At 94

Posted By: RushStreet

Beloved NYC Mafia Quiet Dom” Cirillo Gone At 94 - 01/15/24 06:27 PM

January 15, 2024 — Popular, stoic and universally respected around the country, Genovese mob heavyweight Dominick (Quiet Dom) Cirillo died over the weekend after a legendary life in the NYC rackets. He was 94.

Cirillo was promoted to acting boss in the 1990s and then following a prison stint, consigliere of the crime family, a position he held until his retirement in the late 2010s. Questions have swirled around the disappearance and suspected slaying of his son Nicky in the summer of 2004 and what, if any role, Quiet Dom may or may not have played in it.

https://gangsterreport.com/quietly-...-statesman-quiet-dom-cirillo-gone-at-94/
Posted By: DiLorenzo

Re: Beloved NYC Mafia Quiet Dom” Cirillo Gone At 94 - 01/15/24 07:02 PM

RIP, to a guy who handled himself the right way in the life !!
Posted By: Malavita

Re: Beloved NYC Mafia Quiet Dom” Cirillo Gone At 94 - 01/15/24 07:22 PM

I think he was the last of the infamous "four Doms" to be alive.

Chin Gigante's inner circle.
Posted By: Toodoped

Re: Beloved NYC Mafia Quiet Dom” Cirillo Gone At 94 - 01/15/24 08:54 PM

I really dont know whats so "beloved" regarding someone who brought his own son into the "Life" who in turn later ended up killed by the same Mob....let him rot in Hell in "peace", although God is the only one who can judge him.... not we or us
Posted By: Liggio

Re: Beloved NYC Mafia Quiet Dom” Cirillo Gone At 94 - 01/15/24 09:19 PM

He didn't bring his son into the life, his son wasn't a made man. His son wanted to be in the life and was running around acting like a tough guy. Quiet Dom was true to his oath if in fact he had anything to do with it, Family before family. This is of course what I've heard and if it's true, that's how I feel about it. If it's not, then my apologies.
Posted By: Hollander

Re: Beloved NYC Mafia Quiet Dom” Cirillo Gone At 94 - 01/16/24 11:51 AM

Another one bites the dust..RIP.
Posted By: jace

Re: Beloved NYC Mafia Quiet Dom” Cirillo Gone At 94 - 01/16/24 05:09 PM

Originally Posted by Toodoped
I really dont know whats so "beloved" regarding someone who brought his own son into the "Life" who in turn later ended up killed by the same Mob....let him rot in Hell in "peace", although God is the only one who can judge him.... not we or us

He seemed to have been liked by everyone, and his son was both crazy and a drug addict. His son was never involved in any mafia activities, aside from trying to stir up trouble with those he knew were members.

Re: Beloved NYC Mafia Quiet Dom” Cirillo Gone At 94 - 01/16/24 05:09 PM

RIP.

Re: Beloved NYC Mafia Quiet Dom” Cirillo Gone At 94 - 01/17/24 08:50 AM

Originally Posted by jace
Originally Posted by Toodoped

He seemed to have been liked by everyone, and his son was both crazy and a drug addict. His son was never involved in any mafia activities, aside from trying to stir up trouble with those he knew were members.

Doesnt matter, he had the power to protect his own blood, and no matter if the son was a bad apple. But what do I know?!

Re: Beloved NYC Mafia Quiet Dom” Cirillo Gone At 94 - 01/17/24 08:54 AM

Who said it were the Italians? Maybe his drug dealer or debtors considering his habits?

Re: Beloved NYC Mafia Quiet Dom” Cirillo Gone At 94 - 01/17/24 09:00 AM

Originally Posted by Hollander
Who said it were the Italians? Maybe his drug dealer or debtors considering his habits?

Even better, meaning the old man had even more chances in saving his own son.

Let me give you one example....back in 1976/77 when Frank "skids" Caruso Sr handed down his own territory and crew to Angelo LaPietra, before retiring old man Caruso Sr made a deal with LaPietra that if anyone dared to touch his son "Tootsie" Caruso Jr, the old man was going to kill everyone in the Outfit and so they respected the deal and Jr was always protected from anyone. At the time Caruso Jr was involved in all illegal activities. So thats a real FATHER, but again what do I know?! lol
Posted By: Giacalone

Re: Beloved NYC Mafia Quiet Dom” Cirillo Gone At 94 - 01/17/24 09:01 AM

Killing your own kid tells me everything I need to know about that vile man. If he did it that is and I believe he had everything to do with that

People need to stop celebrating these bums lol

Re: Beloved NYC Mafia Quiet Dom” Cirillo Gone At 94 - 01/17/24 09:03 AM

Originally Posted by Giacalone
Killing your own kid tells me everything I need to know about that vile man. If he did it that is and I believe he had everything to do with that

People need to stop celebrating these bums lol

+1

Re: Beloved NYC Mafia Quiet Dom” Cirillo Gone At 94 - 01/17/24 09:08 AM

His kid was a drug addict, a trouble maker, and a fake tough guy. If Quiet Dom okayed it, kudos to him for staying true to his oath. La Cosa Nostra comes first. People here would rather him be just another YouTube rat oath breaker. Iconic that people always bitch about these guys not sticking to the code then when they do, they get criticized for that too.
Posted By: Giacalone

Re: Beloved NYC Mafia Quiet Dom” Cirillo Gone At 94 - 01/17/24 09:17 AM

Originally Posted by Liggio
His kid was a drug addict, a trouble maker, and a fake tough guy. If Quiet Dom okayed it, kudos to him for staying true to his oath. La Cosa Nostra comes first. People here would rather him be just another YouTube rat oath breaker. Iconic that people always bitch about these guys not sticking to the code then when they do, they get criticized for that too.

Kudos to him for killing his own kid??? Are you okay in the fucking head?

Alright I'm logging off before this goes off the rails lol

Re: Beloved NYC Mafia Quiet Dom” Cirillo Gone At 94 - 01/17/24 09:18 AM

Thank you Quiet Dom, for setting an example for how a true Man of Honor conducts himself, and may you rest in peace.
Posted By: CNote

Re: Beloved NYC Mafia Quiet Dom” Cirillo Gone At 94 - 01/17/24 10:08 AM

Born before 1930, Quiet Dom was OG in every sense. His father Alphonse was part of the team that garotted Larry Gallo at the Sahara Lounge in 1961 in Flatbush, Bk. Dom started out as a boxer with the Chin before committing to the life. He didn't actually have his son whacked but didn't stand in the way after the kid insulted Vinny Gorgeous, the one person who bragged about the hit, was also whacked. I used to eat at a diner on Houston and LaGuardia Pl circa 2004-05, and there was an older guy from the neighborhood whom used to come into the diner and tell stories about The Chin and Quiet Dom, so I started buying him dinner to get him to tell me stories. It seemed he had a rent controlled apartment in Greenwich Village on Thompson or Sullivan between Bleeker and W4 St and would run errands for guys around the social club on Sullivan St. He was entertaining and would come into the diner and get excited about what the Chin said to him today.

Re: Beloved NYC Mafia Quiet Dom” Cirillo Gone At 94 - 01/17/24 10:22 AM

He insulted a violent individual who never finished kindergarten and because of that he was killed, and some of you defend the old man?! Damn....

I believe this is a hoax but heres something similar on where your "beloved" gangster is right now lol....meaning he is probably practicing his vocal cords lol lol

Re: Beloved NYC Mafia Quiet Dom” Cirillo Gone At 94 - 01/17/24 10:54 AM

It happens all the time, saying something to the wrong person can easily get you killed and if the street is your life then the odds increase exponentially. It's a given once you've accepted a life a crime as your profession, trust no one and no one is your friend. I've ridden with homies in my truck that were packing claw hammers under their Northface bubble jackets and if you said the wrong thing to them, you were gonna eat a Black and Decker, straight up. One of those things punches a hole in your skull and pushes the bone into the brain which swells up like a balloon in your skull. If they can't keep it from swelling, they have to drill holes to relieve the swelling.

Re: Beloved NYC Mafia Quiet Dom” Cirillo Gone At 94 - 01/17/24 11:15 AM

Anyone who thinks something like that is an easy decision to make are kidding themselves. You know the only other alternative I see? Them ending up being another father and son joining Team America and eventually on YouTube. Maybe to someone like Quiet Dom that's a worse fate than just letting the mob deal with him.

Re: Beloved NYC Mafia Quiet Dom” Cirillo Gone At 94 - 01/17/24 04:36 PM

Originally Posted by CNote
It happens all the time, saying something to the wrong person can easily get you killed and if the street is your life then the odds increase exponentially. It's a given once you've accepted a life a crime as your profession, trust no one and no one is your friend. I've ridden with homies in my truck that were packing claw hammers under their Northface bubble jackets and if you said the wrong thing to them, you were gonna eat a Black and Decker, straight up. One of those things punches a hole in your skull and pushes the bone into the brain which swells up like a balloon in your skull. If they can't keep it from swelling, they have to drill holes to relieve the swelling.

Thats why a guy that is street smart never says a word to anyone and stays to himself.

Re: Beloved NYC Mafia Quiet Dom” Cirillo Gone At 94 - 01/17/24 04:39 PM

No one knows if he had his son killed, if the FBI or local police had even a tiny bit of evidence that he had his son killed he would have been on trail. That never happened. I think his son was killed by outsiders since he was a junkie, or by the mob. If the mob did it, they likely approached Cirillo afterwards and let him know. Again, not a shred of evidence,

Re: Beloved NYC Mafia Quiet Dom” Cirillo Gone At 94 - 01/17/24 04:40 PM

Originally Posted by Hollander

That is a strong possibility.

Re: Beloved NYC Mafia Quiet Dom” Cirillo Gone At 94 - 01/17/24 04:55 PM

The mob banks on those "strong possibilities"

Re: Beloved NYC Mafia Quiet Dom” Cirillo Gone At 94 - 01/18/24 02:18 AM

Nick did have a meeting that day with Basciano Jr I believe, but I read there wasn't an argument/fight like some media said.
Posted By: dixiemafia

Re: Beloved NYC Mafia Quiet Dom” Cirillo Gone At 94 - 01/18/24 06:12 AM

There’s some folks trolling in this thread for sure celebrating this dude for popping his own son (if he ok’d it that is). Ain’t no way

Re: Beloved NYC Mafia Quiet Dom” Cirillo Gone At 94 - 01/19/24 06:16 PM

Re: Beloved NYC Mafia Quiet Dom” Cirillo Gone At 94 - 01/19/24 07:09 PM

Originally Posted by dixiemafia
There’s some folks trolling in this thread for sure celebrating this dude for popping his own son (if he ok’d it that is). Ain’t no way

Hey look , if its true that the kid was a drug addict and threatening people acting like he was some tough mobster tough guy when he wasn't, and using his father as weight to try and intimidate people including made guys, then you know what? In that business the kid has gotta go. Sorry, its just the way it is.
Posted By: Butchie1788

Re: Beloved NYC Mafia Quiet Dom” Cirillo Gone At 94 - 01/20/24 06:02 PM

Tough Guy from Day 1 ! And do you think he was Still Active as Consigliere even though he Was considered Retired for the last 15 - 20 Years ?
Posted By: CleanBandit

Re: Beloved NYC Mafia Quiet Dom” Cirillo Gone At 94 - 01/21/24 08:36 AM

What does it say about him if he was unable to raise his kid right? Then for his failures as a parent, he had him killed (or was aware of him being killed and did nothing to protect him).

Ultimately, even though he may have succeded as a mobster, he failed at everything else a man should do in his life.

Re: Beloved NYC Mafia Quiet Dom” Cirillo Gone At 94 - 01/21/24 09:57 AM

Often, parents dote on their children and spoil them turning them into sociopathic ingrates who don't appreciate the efforts put forth on their behalf.

Re: Beloved NYC Mafia Quiet Dom” Cirillo Gone At 94 - 01/21/24 02:22 PM

Wasin’t it his Stepson ? Not Biological?

Re: Beloved NYC Mafia Quiet Dom” Cirillo Gone At 94 - 01/22/24 12:02 AM

I read it was his Stepson from somebody on this Forum http://www.gangsterbb.net/threads/u...p;Board=8&main=21644&type=thread

Re: Beloved NYC Mafia Quiet Dom” Cirillo Gone At 94 - 01/22/24 01:07 AM

And I don’t think Quiet Dom could’ve been that Bad of guy even though he was a Gangster I think God would’ve gave him his Death Sentence before 94 years old same as Sonny Franzese 103 how can yout
Explain that ? These people aren’t Serial Killers or Dictators or Communist those People are in Hell guys like Dom and Sonny are what we Catholics call Purgatory most Gangsters don’t belong or Deserve Hell and don’t Think many of them are There maybe is Some

Re: Beloved NYC Mafia Quiet Dom” Cirillo Gone At 94 - 01/22/24 09:48 AM

Originally Posted by Butchie1788
And I don’t think Quiet Dom could’ve been that Bad of guy even though he was a Gangster I think God would’ve gave him his Death Sentence before 94 years old same as Sonny Franzese 103 how can yout
Explain that ? These people aren’t Serial Killers or Dictators or Communist those People are in Hell guys like Dom and Sonny are what we Catholics call Purgatory most Gangsters don’t belong or Deserve Hell and don’t Think many of them are There maybe is Some

You're asking a religious question and so I advise you to read both the Bible and Quran thoroughly and I think you'll understand on why most of the tyrants live longer then the usual. Just look at their families...sons and daughters dying from dope or a bullet, the time they missed with their fams while being in prison, the huge shame which they and their fams have to take it and above all, they never change and constantly accumulate more "sins" and thats what the Devil really likes....not God. The constant shame and pressure is worst then death and its something which follows them and their fams for the rest of their lives aka "karma".
Posted By: Millspgh

Re: Beloved NYC Mafia Quiet Dom” Cirillo Gone At 94 - 01/22/24 10:18 AM

Originally Posted by CNote
Born before 1930, Quiet Dom was OG in every sense. His father Alphonse was part of the team that garotted Larry Gallo at the Sahara Lounge in 1961 in Flatbush, Bk. Dom started out as a boxer with the Chin before committing to the life. He didn't actually have his son whacked but didn't stand in the way after the kid insulted Vinny Gorgeous, the one person who bragged about the hit, was also whacked. I used to eat at a diner on Houston and LaGuardia Pl circa 2004-05, and there was an older guy from the neighborhood whom used to come into the diner and tell stories about The Chin and Quiet Dom, so I started buying him dinner to get him to tell me stories. It seemed he had a rent controlled apartment in Greenwich Village on Thompson or Sullivan between Bleeker and W4 St and would run errands for guys around the social club on Sullivan St. He was entertaining and would come into the diner and get excited about what the Chin said to him today.

This is a cool story, I would have liked to been able to listen to his stories.
What do you remember about things he said about Chin? Anything about his mannerisms or attitude, or how guys acted around him, etc?

Re: Beloved NYC Mafia Quiet Dom” Cirillo Gone At 94 - 01/22/24 10:53 AM

This was circa 2004-05, his name was Jimmy or Buddy. He'd come in to the Silver Spurs diner on Houston St. and LaGuardia, all excited about The Chin, and what the Chin had told him that day, which kind of caught my ear because The Chin was in the middle of his federal trial. It was never really anything of consequence because the old man was just running errands for the guys from the Chin's social club on Sullivan St in the Village. Buddy wasn't Italian, I believe he was Irish, and had boxed when he was younger and had lived in a rent stabilized apartment for many years. He stopped coming around after a few months and I think he passed away before the end of 2004. I thought it was pretty cool that he even managed to get in Gigante's presence

Attached picture Screenshot_20240122_053050_Messenger_11zon.jpg
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET