Home

Status of Gene Gotti.

Posted By: RushStreet

Status of Gene Gotti. - 01/06/24 10:21 AM

Guy did hard time, never ratted. Hes in his upper 70s now.

Whats the status on him?
Posted By: Liggio

Re: Status of Gene Gotti. - 01/06/24 11:53 AM

The new leadership wants nothing to do with the name Gotti.
Posted By: majicrat

Re: Status of Gene Gotti. - 01/06/24 11:55 AM

How do you know that liggio

Re: Status of Gene Gotti. - 01/06/24 12:25 PM

Well I don't know for sure, but I heard that Richard Gotti Sr & Jr were shelved for that very reason. Does it sound farfetched? If you were in charge of a very quiet Gambino Family today, would you want anything to do with the name Gotti?

Re: Status of Gene Gotti. - 01/06/24 01:04 PM

I get that Gene Gotti is a true gangster, but it is what it is. His notorious brother may have fucked it up for the whole Gotti clan, mob-wise. But considering the state of the mob, perhaps it's a blessing.
Posted By: furio_from_naples

Re: Status of Gene Gotti. - 01/06/24 01:26 PM

For me Gene Gotti is retired and happy,have survived the prison and wont never accept to turn back in the family,he is a survivor of the gloriuos old days that is free.
Posted By: Mafia101

Re: Status of Gene Gotti. - 01/06/24 03:12 PM

Originally Posted by Liggio
Well I don't know for sure, but I heard that Richard Gotti Sr & Jr were shelved for that very reason. Does it sound farfetched? If you were in charge of a very quiet Gambino Family today, would you want anything to do with the name Gotti?

I don't know where this started but I've never seen any credible source say this.

Re: Status of Gene Gotti. - 01/06/24 03:57 PM

Originally Posted by Mafia101

I don't know where this started but I've never seen any credible source say this.

Hes making things up obviously.
Posted By: Malavita

Re: Status of Gene Gotti. - 01/06/24 04:32 PM

I agree with Furio. I believe he is inactive/retired and i'm sure it's fine for the Gambino administration.

At his age and after some many years in prison, i assume he would want to spend what's left of his life with his family and not risking going back to jail.

He is so well-known that as soon as he makes any move on the street, the cop will be all over it with a dozen informants reporting it.
Posted By: JCrusher

Re: Status of Gene Gotti. - 01/06/24 06:11 PM

The new leadership wants nothing to do with the name Gotti.

. It seems like Gene was the most well regarded of the Gotti’s. Obviously not nearly as infamous as his brother but he seemed to have a lot of respect. Also the first Gotti who got his button

Re: Status of Gene Gotti. - 01/06/24 06:13 PM

Gene Gotti is highly respected. If there is one member of that family still welcome it would be him.

Question to ponder...

If they would've made Gene boss instead of John, would things be different right now?

Re: Status of Gene Gotti. - 01/06/24 06:17 PM

You can have respect for someone and still not want to be involved with that person criminally. I'm sure he has a lot of respect in the underworld. But none of this means he's still active as a made man or a Gambino member. Everything right now is pure speculation.

Re: Status of Gene Gotti. - 01/06/24 06:19 PM

What do you think would have happened if Gene became boss instead of John?

Re: Status of Gene Gotti. - 01/06/24 06:27 PM

He would've been like a Rusty Rastelli or Carmine Persico spending most of his reign in prison. He was a dapper dresser too, but he doesn't seem like an attention whore or an egomaniac.
Posted By: majicrat

Re: Status of Gene Gotti. - 01/07/24 12:28 PM

Fair comments all, in my opinion he’s not active and he and the family agree with it being that way. Just to much scrutiny for him to be involved and the family probably wants to stay low key. After all it’s boss was murdered and no reaction at all.in the past I’m pretty confident that guys family would’ve been taken out as retribution. Just my opinion
Posted By: jace

Re: Status of Gene Gotti. - 01/07/24 05:53 PM

I had to do a double take after seeing the title, I thought for a second that they were putting up STATUES of Gene Gotti!

Re: Status of Gene Gotti. - 01/07/24 07:03 PM

Lmao
Posted By: Millspgh

Re: Status of Gene Gotti. - 01/07/24 11:56 PM

Originally Posted by Malavita
I agree with Furio. I believe he is inactive/retired and i'm sure it's fine for the Gambino administration.

At his age and after some many years in prison, i assume he would want to spend what's left of his life with his family and not risking going back to jail.

He is so well-known that as soon as he makes any move on the street, the cop will be all over it with a dozen informants reporting it.

I’m surprised in this day and age of phone cameras that someone isn’t taking a picture of him every time he leaves the house and stops for a coffee or sandwich. Nobody had seen him anywhere.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET