Home

Gravano is only alive today because Gotti passed.

Posted By: RushStreet

Gravano is only alive today because Gotti passed. - 12/28/23 06:41 PM

If Gotti was still alive he would have eventually had someone take out Gravano.

There is no way that guy spends the rest of his life in prison and lets Gravano live as a free man. Sammy should count his blessings each and every day that Gotti went to the Grave because if not, he would not be here. That is a fuckin guarantee.

Discuss.
Posted By: Liggio

Re: Gravano is only alive today because Gotti passed. - 12/28/23 11:01 PM

Wasn't it actually Peter Gotti of all people who tried to take out Salvatore Gravano? To my understanding it wasn't even John Gotti.
Posted By: furio_from_naples

Re: Gravano is only alive today because Gotti passed. - 12/29/23 08:04 AM

Originally Posted by Liggio
Wasn't it actually Peter Gotti of all people who tried to take out Salvatore Gravano? To my understanding it wasn't even John Gotti.

In 1997 John Gotti eas still alive. But I dont think that after the fiasco in 1997 the Gambinos tried to kill Gravano in prison.
Posted By: Millspgh

Re: Gravano is only alive today because Gotti passed. - 12/29/23 11:12 AM

Wouldn’t the order have come from John though or do you think Pete and Jr were acting alone in searching for Gravano to take him out?

Re: Gravano is only alive today because Gotti passed. - 12/29/23 11:13 AM

That's what I'm wondering myself. Probably came from John.

Re: Gravano is only alive today because Gotti passed. - 12/29/23 01:27 PM

Gravano eventually would have been found and whacked. Just my opinion! He definitely wouldnt have been living the life he is now.

Re: Gravano is only alive today because Gotti passed. - 12/29/23 03:10 PM

I don't think Gotti would've given up after one attempt, had he been in better health and lived a lot longer, and had he maintained a firm grip on the Gambino Family. Those are a lot of ifs though..
Posted By: alicecooper

Re: Gravano is only alive today because Gotti passed. - 12/29/23 03:28 PM

If they could have gotten to him during one of his prison terms, using some other group to do it...good chance.

As a civilian, well, it would have just been one more dumb as fuck move by a guy who was dumb as fuck. He might as well just check himself into a prison after a move like that in the modern era. Or the morgue.

Re: Gravano is only alive today because Gotti passed. - 12/29/23 04:46 PM

I don't think Gotti would've given up after one attempt, had he been in better health and lived a lot longer, and had he maintained a firm grip on the Gambino Family. Those are a lot of ifs though..

He wouldn't have stopped until it was done if he would have never gotten cancer. He was in prison for the rest of his life so it didn't matter if they found him guilty of setting up Gravanos murder. It would have been done and Gravano wouldn't be alive today, that is a guarantee. Also you think the Whitey Bulger murder was bad? He would have made Gravanos face look like ground beef.

Re: Gravano is only alive today because Gotti passed. - 12/29/23 04:54 PM

I think Whitey Bulger's murder was a setup. He had an awful lot of dirt on an awful lot of people. And I'm not talking about just mobsters, but people in law enforcement etc people who are actually far more dangerous.

Re: Gravano is only alive today because Gotti passed. - 12/29/23 04:58 PM

I think Whitey Bulger's murder was a setup. He had an awful lot of dirt on an awful lot of people. And I'm not talking about just mobsters, but people in law enforcement etc people who are actually far more dangerous.

I agree with that. They did what they did to him on purpose putting him in general population.

What were they thinking? There is only one logical reason.
Posted By: alicecooper

Re: Gravano is only alive today because Gotti passed. - 12/29/23 07:32 PM

Originally Posted by RushStreet

He wouldn't have stopped until it was done if he would have never gotten cancer. He was in prison for the rest of his life so it didn't matter if they found him guilty of setting up Gravanos murder. It would have been done and Gravano wouldn't be alive today, that is a guarantee. Also you think the Whitey Bulger murder was bad? He would have made Gravanos face look like ground beef.

I don't know. With gotti locked up, guys might "have trouble" locating gravano. That hit would have been the feds wet dream of a lifetime. It would have made a LOT of careers, book deals, etc for the law.

And it would have been guaranteed life for everyone involved. Or they would have been wacked once the job was done. That's a street hit though, not if sammy is also locked up.

Would you want to be in on that hit? Considering all of gottis problems came from his ego and not being able to keep his mouth shut. He'd only get worse with age and serving life.
Posted By: azguy

Re: Gravano is only alive today because Gotti passed. - 12/29/23 09:44 PM

Wasn't Gotti caught on one of those prison tapes telling Pete that "we still need to take our friend out to dinner" or something like that ??
Posted By: Turnbull

Re: Gravano is only alive today because Gotti passed. - 12/30/23 10:02 PM

In '96, Peter Gotti, visiting his brother in prison, was told by John to have Da Bull whacked. Peter gave the job to Huck Carbonaro and Eddie Garafola. Carbonaro got pretty close to Gravano but was arrested by the FBI. He was convicted on multiple charges in '03.
Posted By: JCrusher

Re: Gravano is only alive today because Gotti passed. - 12/30/23 10:56 PM

Who knows. Sammy has said he knew Gotti would’ve eventually attempted to take him out after the tapes but it’s just speculation.

Re: Gravano is only alive today because Gotti passed. - 12/30/23 11:25 PM

Originally Posted by Turnbull

In '96, Peter Gotti, visiting his brother in prison, was told by John to have Da Bull whacked. Peter gave the job to Huck Carbonaro and Eddie Garafola. Carbonaro got pretty close to Gravano but was arrested by the FBI. He was convicted on multiple charges in '03.

How close did he get?
Posted By: Turnbull

Re: Gravano is only alive today because Gotti passed. - 12/31/23 01:59 AM

Pretty close. Carbonaro knew he lived in AZ and was closing in on him when the gov't "rescued" Da Bull by arresting him on drug charges.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET