Home

Allen Smiley?

Posted By: Hollander

Allen Smiley? - 12/15/23 11:22 AM

Allen Smiley “was one of the most powerful gangsters in [California],” wrote author Gerald Horne in Class Struggle in Hollywood, 1930-1950. He was Benjamin “Bugsy” Siegel’s partner and best friend and subsequently, Johnny Rosselli’s* right-hand man.

Somewhat in the shadow of these famed men and a private person, his story is less well known.

https://author.doresabanning.com/10-intriguing-facts-about-mobster-gambler-allen-smiley/

Re: Allen Smiley? - 12/15/23 11:33 AM

On the night Bugsy was killed, he and Smiley were in Hill's Beverly Hills mansion, sitting alongside each other on the couch reading newspapers.

At 10:45 pm on June 20, 1947, a man with a 30-30 carbine shot Siegel a total of nine times.

Smiley, amazingly escaped injury.

Luellen attributed her father's escape to luck. "It went right through his jacket, the bullets. The only reason he was saved is that he acted quickly and dove to the floor," she said.

After the murder, Smiley went on the lam for about a year. Some believe he had known about the hit in advance. His daughter doubts that. "Did he know it was coming? No, I don't think he'd be sitting there," she said. Luellen gave the New York Post an interview a few years back.
Posted By: GangstersInc

Re: Allen Smiley? - 12/15/23 04:42 PM

Interview I had with Smiley's daughter:

My loving dad was a gangster and Bugsy Siegel’s close friend https://gangstersinc.org/profiles/blogs/my-loving-dad-was-a-gangster-and-bugsy-siegel-s-close-friend
Posted By: Toodoped

Re: Allen Smiley? - 12/15/23 05:31 PM

Some info regarding former Chicago BOSS Gus Alex and Allen Smiley...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Re: Allen Smiley? - 12/15/23 06:16 PM

Thanks guys !

He was the ambassador of gambling relations, essentially a recruiter of high-rollers, for the Beverly Country Club in New Orleans, La.

Frank Costello and his wife Bobby at the Beverly Club in Jefferson Parish. His other partners in the club are Carlos Marcello and Phil Kastel.

[Linked Image]
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET