Home

Lucchese Family : most successful of the 5.

Posted By: dsd

Lucchese Family : most successful of the 5. - 12/15/23 02:39 AM

Pound for Pound the Lucchese family was the most successful of the 5 families.

Up until the late 80's when Amuso+ Casso started killing their own Capo's at an incredibly self destructive rate, that is.

The family never had much internal strife unlike ALL the other four. Well run. Struggling to think who the first informant in the family was. Tommy Brown, Tony Ducks, Tramunti were not so well known to the public , newspapers as the Vito G's, Albert A's, Joe's C & B.

Huge in East Harlem, probably the main area.

Huge in the unions. Ran the garment district. Drugs, that family seemed to have all the heroin guys of the 50s/ 60s/70s.

Decent crew in New Jersey. Big in the Bronx and a huge Brooklyn crew under Vario.

They weren't the biggest, richest etc but pound for pound the Lucchese's were number one.

Agree?
Posted By: RushStreet

Re: Lucchese Family : most successful of the 5. - 12/15/23 05:03 PM

Originally Posted by dsd
Pound for Pound the Lucchese family was the most successful of the 5 families.

Up until the late 80's when Amuso+ Casso started killing their own Capo's at an incredibly self destructive rate, that is.

The family never had much internal strife unlike ALL the other four. Well run. Struggling to think who the first informant in the family was. Tommy Brown, Tony Ducks, Tramunti were not so well known to the public , newspapers as the Vito G's, Albert A's, Joe's C & B.

Huge in East Harlem, probably the main area.

Huge in the unions. Ran the garment district. Drugs, that family seemed to have all the heroin guys of the 50s/ 60s/70s.

Decent crew in New Jersey. Big in the Bronx and a huge Brooklyn crew under Vario.

They weren't the biggest, richest etc but pound for pound the Lucchese's were number one.

Agree?

You make some great points and I'd have to agree with you. When you control the entire Garment District and Unions in New York City I'd have to say you are the cream of the crop, the #1.
Posted By: Malavita

Re: Lucchese Family : most successful of the 5. - 12/15/23 05:14 PM

Ine thing that I thing interesting with the Luccheses is that they always had a limited number of crews. They prefer to have a few big crews than plenty of small crews like other families.
Posted By: Liggio

Re: Lucchese Family : most successful of the 5. - 12/15/23 05:27 PM

I think it's strange that we say things like Colombo crew, Lucchese crew, etc when they're actually Families divided into several crews.
Posted By: Liggio

Re: Lucchese Family : most successful of the 5. - 12/15/23 05:35 PM

They may not be the wealthiest, but I would say that Operation Heat of 2010 showed that they're still capable of bringing in serious money. There's also the caper pulled off by Nicodemo Scarfo Jr and Salvatore Pelullo. They got really slammed in that case only because of who Scarfo Jr's father was.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET