Home

This is the new mob folks

Posted By: Liggio

This is the new mob folks - 10/05/23 11:54 AM

Gambino member Joseph Lanni has been arrested for beating up a husband and wife who owned a restaurant they kicked him out of for being drunk and disorderly at 52 YEARS OLD!!!! He should be shelved for the disorderly and drunken conduct alone, then he goes and does that? The mob should have a requirement that says no drunks allowed.

Re: This is the new mob folks - 10/05/23 11:56 AM

Yeah, forget multimillion-dollar schemes and scams, this is what they get arrested for nowadays. This is what's left to read about. This is exactly why I haven't resubscribed to GangLand News, nothing against Jerry.
Posted By: ralphie_cifaretto

Re: This is the new mob folks - 10/05/23 03:52 PM

It's disgraceful behavior. If the Gambinos have any sense they'll shelve him immediately and tell him to fuck off
Posted By: eastsideofvan

Re: This is the new mob folks - 10/05/23 05:38 PM

Shelve him?

In this generation of the mob, you're probably talking about the next Gambino Consigliere!
Posted By: RushStreet

Re: This is the new mob folks - 10/05/23 06:06 PM

Richie Aprile would have done something like this. BTW the judges in New York will slap him on the wrist with a fine to be paid back to the couple and thats all he will get. There will be no Jail time for this.

Re: This is the new mob folks - 10/05/23 06:12 PM

-Lanni, a captain and part of the Gambino Sicilian faction, was arrested for an assault against a husband & wife occurring over Labor Day weekend in Toms River, NJ. The couple, who are restaurant owners, asked Lanni to leave their restaurant for drunk and disorderly conduct. Lanni allegedly waited for the owners outside of their restaurant and, after closing and as they were leaving, attacked both (also puncturing their car tires with a knife). There was at least one unidentified / unknown 'accomplice' for the beatings.

--After the arrest, Lanni's lawyers successfully argued that he should be released without bail. The judge in the case did order him to avoid the restaurant and its owners & he is scheduled for a court date next month.

--Per GL News, Lanni is very close with Gambino consigliere Lorenzo Mannino and was also close with the late Frank Cali, having taken over his rackets after his death. Capeci speculates that Lanni's actions will not be well received by Mannino (or boss Dom Cefalu) who stress the importance of being low key gangsters.

Re: This is the new mob folks - 10/05/23 06:16 PM

Also before I joined the boards, there was a post about him becoming the new "Godfather" of New York City.

Is this true?

https://www.antimafiaduemila.com/ho...anni-e-il-nuovo-padrino-di-new-york.html
Posted By: alicecooper

Re: This is the new mob folks - 10/05/23 06:44 PM

Originally Posted by ralphie_cifaretto
It's disgraceful behavior. If the Gambinos have any sense they'll shelve him immediately and tell him to fuck off

Pffft, I don't think these families have Rhodes Scholars beating down their doors to apply these days. They are criminal organizations. Made up of criminals. Who are often total fuckheads. Like this dipshit.
Posted By: NYMafia

Re: This is the new mob folks - 10/05/23 08:59 PM

Originally Posted by alicecooper
Originally Posted by ralphie_cifaretto

Pffft, I don't think these families have Rhodes Scholars beating down their doors to apply these days. They are criminal organizations. Made up of criminals. Who are often total fuckheads. Like this dipshit.

Good point AC.
Posted By: jace

Re: This is the new mob folks - 10/06/23 01:10 AM

The Lanni story was put out by Capeci as a favor to LE and the prosecutors, that is all. I'm surprised at how fast people fall for it without thinking it through. He is 52 with no violent crime in his background. If there was a fight, who is to say how it started, or what exactly took place? We don't know anything yet.
Posted By: jace

Re: This is the new mob folks - 10/06/23 01:12 AM

Originally Posted by Liggio
Yeah, forget multimillion-dollar schemes and scams, this is what they get arrested for nowadays. This is what's left to read about. This is exactly why I haven't resubscribed to GangLand News, nothing against Jerry.

You don't subscribe, yet you couldn't wait to repost it here as fact. . Maybe Lanni doesn't dress good enough for your tastes.

Re: This is the new mob folks - 10/06/23 01:24 AM

It is fact, and actually he dresses nice. But we're not talking about his dress.

Re: This is the new mob folks - 10/06/23 03:32 PM

Lanni obviously has a temper and it is bad when he mixes alcohol with it.

Is this guy a good earner? If they demoted him and gave his spot to someone else, would that hurt the family business or make it better?

If I have a guy that earns just as well , they would get a promotion and unfortunately Lanni would only be a soldier until he can prove to me through actions over a couple years that he won't ever do that again. If he's on good behavior and he keeps earning, then I will consider him for a CAPO again but nothing is guaranteed. Thats just how it is and sets an example that you don't fuck around representing the family. You carry yourself as a boss, not some low level associate. His actions have proven he is not qualified to be a CAPO.

Re: This is the new mob folks - 10/06/23 04:37 PM

To answer your question, he has a very profitable bookmaking operation and he took over Frank Cali's rackets, so yes he's a good earner. If this was an associate, I'd honestly be fine with it. I'd even be impressed, because the mob could use idiots like that. But a captain???? No way.
Posted By: Strax

Re: This is the new mob folks - 10/06/23 05:32 PM

Some guys claim he is cokehead and has a drinking problem , which is probably true.

Re: This is the new mob folks - 10/06/23 05:44 PM

Originally Posted by Strax
Some guys claim he is cokehead and has a drinking problem , which is probably true.

A cokehead that has a drinking problem? This guy is a loose cannon.

He must be demoted.
Posted By: Strax

Re: This is the new mob folks - 10/06/23 05:49 PM

Well at first i didn't believe it , he was low key and reputable guy , but now i believe it. I won't be surprised if he gets shelved , especially because sicilian faction is very low key , which he belongs to.
Posted By: Hollander

Re: This is the new mob folks - 10/06/23 07:28 PM

Originally Posted by jace
The Lanni story was put out by Capeci as a favor to LE and the prosecutors, that is all. I'm surprised at how fast people fall for it without thinking it through. He is 52 with no violent crime in his background. If there was a fight, who is to say how it started, or what exactly took place? We don't know anything yet.

If he indeed took over Frankie's businesses they are def interested in stirring things up.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET