Home

Top states used for WITSEC

Posted By: RushStreet

Top states used for WITSEC - 09/22/23 04:05 PM

So talking about Witness Protection and reading things about certain Mafia figures being placed there got me thinking. What states are the most often used for placing a guy in WITSEC to live there?

Henry Hill I believe was is in Nebraska and I'm sure thats a pretty popular state to be used by the FBI for many guys who go into WITSEC.

Any others? Oklahoma? Utah? Idaho?
Posted By: Malavita

Re: Top states used for WITSEC - 09/22/23 05:18 PM

Sammy the Bull was in Arizona.
Posted By: DanteMoltisanti

Re: Top states used for WITSEC - 09/24/23 03:52 PM

Recent Rat Anthony Persiano out of AC Area was out in Texas last I heard….

-Dante
Posted By: Hollander

Re: Top states used for WITSEC - 09/24/23 06:11 PM

The US Marshalls do look where the guy would fit in and could start a new life so it wouldn't be a small town in the middle of nowhere rather a big city.
Posted By: SonnyfromPeoria

Re: Top states used for WITSEC - 09/24/23 08:21 PM

Vinny Ocean has been down in Houston...correct.?
Posted By: SonnyfromPeoria

Re: Top states used for WITSEC - 09/24/23 08:23 PM

I get how Henry hated it back then, but nowadays how bad can WitSec be....you live somewhere where nobody knows who you are...so you feel mythical in a way...and you just sit around and play Fanduel all day.....cant be that bad for them lol.
Posted By: Serpiente

Re: Top states used for WITSEC - 09/24/23 10:11 PM

If they go to a small town they will not fit in . It’s got to be a large city with a chance the folks from NY could possibly move there like big cities in Texas and states like California & Florida that has a lot of Italian’s with second homes or snow birds ,\.
Posted By: Hollander

Re: Top states used for WITSEC - 09/24/23 10:59 PM

Originally Posted by Serpiente
If they go to a small town they will not fit in . It’s got to be a large city with a chance the folks from NY could possibly move there like big cities in Texas and states like California & Florida that has a lot of Italian’s with second homes or snow birds ,\.

Yep.
Posted By: alicecooper

Re: Top states used for WITSEC - 09/25/23 10:55 AM

Originally Posted by SonnyfromPeoria
I get how Henry hated it back then, but nowadays how bad can WitSec be....you live somewhere where nobody knows who you are...so you feel mythical in a way...and you just sit around and play Fanduel all day.....cant be that bad for them lol.

Read the book On The Run by his kids. Henry wouldn't have been happy no matter where they put him.
Posted By: blueracing347

Re: Top states used for WITSEC - 09/25/23 04:02 PM

I live in Spring Hill, FL. I was taking care of a retired cop once and he said that in the 80's and early 90's there were a few witsec relocations in this city. He wouldn't give any specific details. I also find it hard to believe bc of all the NY transplants that live here.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET