Home

Frank DiMatteo Jerk

Posted By: jace

Frank DiMatteo Jerk - 09/20/23 03:17 PM

This guy in unbelievable. He writes books, does podcasts, and knows nothing. For those unfamiliar with him his relatives were friends with Crazy Joe Gallo, and it seems he met them a few times. He has turned that into a living, writing books, claiming one that he turned down getting made, and doing interviews where he says he was in the middle of high level meetings.

In this short one below, he is asked if Gambino member Joseph Nicholas Gallo was related to the Gallo brothers. His answer, which is long, states more than once that Jospeh N. Gallo was a Columbo member! The interviewer, who does mob videos, is unaware of the error. It's one big screw up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LNqtlmn5UU4

Re: Frank DiMatteo Jerk - 09/20/23 03:21 PM

Another one on Vladtv, a bit long. At 19 minute mark he talks of turning down getting made.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3lyTb6JGsQ
Posted By: Liggio

Re: Frank DiMatteo Jerk - 09/20/23 03:24 PM

I don't understand the fascination with these mob podcastsers. Sure, at first it was intriguing, to actually see someone who was a bonafide wiseguy talk on camera and answer questions from the audience. But it has been worn out already. We can't even say that they're putting their lives in danger anymore, because today's mob is a joke, so there goes over half of the fascinating mystique right there. It's just lame now.

Re: Frank DiMatteo Jerk - 09/20/23 03:28 PM

I don't see how both he and the podcasters can make mistakes like that. He does not do the podcasts, he just seems to be willing to appear on anyone who asks.

Re: Frank DiMatteo Jerk - 09/20/23 03:34 PM

Oh, I wouldn't know because I don't watch any of them. If I wanna watch MobTube I watch someone like OC Shortz. I don't like RatTube, and no I'm not one of those wannabe fanboys who wants to be a gangster. I have a comfortable life as I am. There's just something about those turncoats that gets my stomach tied in knots every time I see them talk. Not to mention trying to get past the lingo and the butchering of the English language, plus they're biased and hold old grudges so you get THEIR version of events. Add to that the fact that every waking moment for them is another lie and a scam. Nah, I'll pass.
Posted By: DetroitPartnership

Re: Frank DiMatteo Jerk - 09/20/23 06:12 PM

His book on Galante was excellent. He or the co-author tracked Galante's record back to his teens. Only missing piece was his time in prison.

Re: Frank DiMatteo Jerk - 09/20/23 07:04 PM

You mean the book doesn't even talk about his time in prison? That's a 12-year gap, at least.

Re: Frank DiMatteo Jerk - 09/29/23 04:28 PM

Originally Posted by DetroitPartnership
His book on Galante was excellent. He or the co-author tracked Galante's record back to his teens. Only missing piece was his time in prison.

I have not read the book, but a person who did said he claimed Galente used to torture people with acid a he killed them. If DiMatteo said that he is getting worse with his ridiculous stories.
Posted By: Dwalin2011

Re: Frank DiMatteo Jerk - 09/29/23 04:33 PM

Originally Posted by jace

I have not read the book, but a person who did said he claimed Galente used to torture people with acid a he killed them. If DiMatteo said that he is getting worse with his ridiculous stories.

I haven't read the book either, but why do you think Galante torturing people with acid is so unbelievable? There have been gangsters who could well call him a "softie" even if it's true. Just look at Filippo Marchese, Toto' Riina, Sam DeStefano etc. Torture isn't exactly unheard of in the mafia.

Re: Frank DiMatteo Jerk - 09/29/23 04:44 PM

Originally Posted by Dwalin2011

I haven't read the book either, but why do you think Galante torturing people with acid is so unbelievable? Some gangsters could well call him a "softie" even if it's true. Just look at Filippo Marchese, Toto' Riina, Sam DeStefano etc.

I never heard it before; it would have come out long ago, and no one would call him a softie. The overwhelming majority of Mafia members do not kill that way. One more big point: How would DiMatteo know? He was a nothing, and even the Gallo's, who he claims he was with, would not know how Galante killed anyone.
Posted By: Dwalin2011

Re: Frank DiMatteo Jerk - 09/29/23 04:47 PM

no one would call him a softie.

What I meant is that there are gangsters even more violent than him; meaning a "softie" by comparison only, if compared to them. But you are probably right that DiMatteo wasn't in a position to know though...

Re: Frank DiMatteo Jerk - 09/29/23 04:58 PM

I looked up his interviews on youtube for the past year, he seems to have done more than real mobsters. Here is one in which he claims without any serious questioning from the host, that he worked for 3 top bosses.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8x7qcz8hkHs

Re: Frank DiMatteo Jerk - 09/29/23 04:59 PM

Originally Posted by Dwalin2011

no one would call him a softie.

What I meant is that there are gangsters even more violent than him; meaning a "softie" by comparison only, if compared to them. But you are probably right that DiMatteo wasn't in a position to know though...

I understand and see your point.
Posted By: streetbossliborio

Re: Frank DiMatteo Jerk - 09/30/23 04:16 AM

Books are good, read a few of his. The president street book especially was really good and he used his own experiences alongside research/facts. Read that on a flight.

Think I’ll stick clear of the BS interviews then..
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET