Home

Joey Merlino's podcast "The Skinny" and new life

Posted By: Giacalone

Joey Merlino's podcast "The Skinny" and new life - 09/06/23 04:56 PM

Word on the street is that Joey has a new podcast coming out called The Skinny where he'll be discussing sports, gambling, food, cigars, all sorts of stuff. This is not a joke. He's also back on IG

https://www.instagram.com/skinny_joey_merlino_
Posted By: Lenox

Re: Joey Merlino's podcast "The Skinny" and new life - 09/06/23 08:48 PM

Its true by the way.

Re: Joey Merlino's podcast "The Skinny" and new life - 09/06/23 08:54 PM

Like I said, it's not a joke. There's also a youtube channel coming up. Absolutely unbelievable that a boss is doing this, but it just goes to show you that the life is completely dead
Posted By: TheKillingJoke

Re: Joey Merlino's podcast "The Skinny" and new life - 09/06/23 09:26 PM

He probably officially retired from the life. I mean, kudos to him in that case. Not many are able to get out of that life without going into hiding, dying in prison or ratting.
The interesting question would be who's running the Philly operations nowadays.

Re: Joey Merlino's podcast "The Skinny" and new life - 09/06/23 09:50 PM

Originally Posted by TheKillingJoke
He probably officially retired from the life. I mean, kudos to him in that case. Not many are able to get out of that life without going into hiding, dying in prison or ratting.

He's definitely out. There is no way he's still the boss at this point, but maybe there is no boss right now. There have been rumors that Borgesi is the last word, but what is he a boss of? 12 guys lol
Posted By: Liggio

Re: Joey Merlino's podcast "The Skinny" and new life - 09/06/23 10:17 PM

Even as a former boss who never ratted, I would be too embarrassed and ashamed to do something as lame as a podcast. It's gotta be damaging to his legacy.

Re: Joey Merlino's podcast "The Skinny" and new life - 09/06/23 10:24 PM

I wonder though if you have to necessarily be involved in criminal activity to be in the mob these days. LCN actually has quite a few guys who are very wealthy and don't really have to be out there committing crimes if they don't want to. But they are still there if needed. Joe Todaro, those two guys from the Colombo Family, the Avellinos to name a few. There was also that Gambino guy who went on a reality TV show. But I don't see any possible way a boss hosting his own podcast and still being in the life. Joe Colombo had that civil rights league and went on national television, but that's quite different.
Posted By: RushStreet

Re: Joey Merlino's podcast "The Skinny" and new life - 09/07/23 10:36 AM

If you tube was around in the 80s, Gotti would have done something similar.
Posted By: British

Re: Joey Merlino's podcast "The Skinny" and new life - 09/07/23 11:08 AM

The Mob is a laughing stock these days!
Posted By: Toodoped

Re: Joey Merlino's podcast "The Skinny" and new life - 09/07/23 11:15 AM

Joey always loved the spotlight and for him this is a dream come true lol.

Re: Joey Merlino's podcast "The Skinny" and new life - 09/07/23 11:22 AM

Yeah it's all a fucking joke. Pisses me off. They did it to themselves, RICO my ass! I hate how other, less interesting organized crime groups are able to thrive while the most charismatic group that was once such a force goes to shit.
Posted By: Homers77

Re: Joey Merlino's podcast "The Skinny" and new life - 09/07/23 02:25 PM

Originally Posted by Liggio
Yeah it's all a fucking joke. Pisses me off. They did it to themselves, RICO my ass! I hate how other, less interesting organized crime groups are able to thrive while the most charismatic group that was once such a force goes to shit.

Why do you always get so upset about these issues? Honest question. You get very worked up over these silly mob issues.

Love him or hate him he was a real gangster. If he wants to leave the life and make money being an influencer on social media who cares?!

I agree it’s ridiculous when rats do this and act like they decided to leave the life because they wanted to and not because they got jammed up.

He may even still be the boss and just not care! Maybe the rumors of skinny helping Biden win PA are true and he knows they aren’t after him anymore lol

Re: Joey Merlino's podcast "The Skinny" and new life - 09/07/23 03:30 PM

Why are you worried about why I'm worried about it? Maybe just ignore my post? Podcasting is lame. And I doubt he's doing it for money, that's just a side perk. He's doing it more for attention. In fact, any attention-seeking activity is lame. I just thought this would be a good opportunity to point out that it's not RICO that killed the mob, the mob killed itself.
Posted By: NYMafia

Re: Joey Merlino's podcast "The Skinny" and new life - 09/07/23 03:39 PM

"The machine-gunners didn't get him...twas beauty killed the beast!"
Posted By: furio_from_naples

Re: Joey Merlino's podcast "The Skinny" and new life - 09/07/23 04:29 PM

Originally Posted by Giacalone

He's definitely out. There is no way he's still the boss at this point, but maybe there is no boss right now. There have been rumors that Borgesi is the last word, but what is he a boss of? 12 guys lol

In the end there are about thirty (those known) without counting the associates so if Merlino has decided to retire whoever comes after him will lead the most active of the families outside NY.

Boss:
Joseph Merlino ~61
Acting Boss:
Michael "Mikey Lance" Lancellotti ~60
Underboss:
Steven Mazzone ~59 (IP/03/17/2027)
Consigliere:
Joseph Ligambi ~83

Capos:
• Martin "Marty" Angelina ~60
• George “Georgie Boy” Borgesi ~59
• John Ciancaglini ~67
• Domenic Grande ~43 (IP/2028)
• Joseph "Scoops" Licata ~81

Soldiers:
• Anthony Accardo ~63
• Anthony Borgesi ~58
• Damion Canalichio ~54
• Joseph "Joey Chang" Ciancaglini Jr ~64 (S)
• Martin "Marty Crutch" Curro ~74
• Eric Esposito ~53
• Louis "Big Lou" Fazzini ~57
• Vincent "Big Vince" Filipelli ~71
• Joseph Grande ~63
• Francis "Faffy" Iannarella Jr ~76
• Gaeton “Gate/The Big Guy” Lucibello ~70
• Joseph Massimino ~72 (RRM)
• Nicholas "Nicky Whip" Milano ~63
• Phillip Narducci ~61
• Nicholas "Nicky O" Oliveri ~77
• Robert Paleo
• David Pepicelli
• Paul Pepicelli ~63
• Anthony "Tony Pung" Pungitore Jr ~69
• Joseph "Joey Pung" Pungitore ~67
• David Salvo
• Salvatore "Tory" Scafidi ~62
• Anthony “Ant” Staino ~66
• Joseph “Joey” Stanfa ~53 (S)
• Paul Tanso ~59 (S?)
• Luigi “Gino” Tripodi ~85
• Shawn Vetere ~55

Imprisoned Members:
• Giuseppe Gallara ~56 (IP/L)
• Frank Martines ~69 (IP/L)
• Salvatore "Sonny" Mazzone ~58 (IP/09/13/2024)
• Anthony Nicodemo ~50
• Salvatore Piccolo ~71 (IP/11/02/2027)
• Joseph “Joey Electric” Servidio ~63 (IP/03/05/2033)
• John Stanfa ~82 (IP/L)
Posted By: merlino

Re: Joey Merlino's podcast "The Skinny" and new life - 09/07/23 05:03 PM

There is big money in the podcast game and if he can show that he knows what he is doing on college or pro football people will pay for his leans; legit gambling is basically what he is doing. Now he goes and opens up one of those pay day lending places down in Boca, so now he is legally doing what got him in trouble. ONLY IN AMERICA

Re: Joey Merlino's podcast "The Skinny" and new life - 09/07/23 06:42 PM

I am curious as to what he will say when the mob questions pop up. He'll probably go the Michael Franzese route and claim that he's a changed, religious, legitimate man and preach about staying away from crime.
Posted By: Hollander

Re: Joey Merlino's podcast "The Skinny" and new life - 09/07/23 08:40 PM

Originally Posted by Toodoped
Joey always loved the spotlight and for him this is a dream come true lol.

Next time we will see him on TikTok. grin
In Italy social media is also a big thing nowadays.

Re: Joey Merlino's podcast "The Skinny" and new life - 09/07/23 08:47 PM

But in Italy the mob is using social media as a tool to further their illegal enterprises, in America once they go that route they're done with the mob

Re: Joey Merlino's podcast "The Skinny" and new life - 09/07/23 09:47 PM

I am liking Joey's picks. Btw he's already posted a couple of videos already. Posted the same video twice, but I give him credit for being on there. It took me hours to show my mom how to use IG and she's still not sure how it works lol

Re: Joey Merlino's podcast "The Skinny" and new life - 09/08/23 12:52 AM

I am liking Joey's picks. Btw he's already posted a couple of videos already. Posted the same video twice, but I give him credit for being on there. It took me hours to show my mom how to use IG and she's still not sure how it works lol

Haha I forgot but Merlino is already 61 he looks still like a "Young Turk" lol.

Re: Joey Merlino's podcast "The Skinny" and new life - 09/08/23 02:07 AM

I'm glad for him if he's no longer in the life and taking those risks, but I think he's risking his reputation with this. People are already bashing him in comment sections.

Re: Joey Merlino's podcast "The Skinny" and new life - 09/08/23 07:05 AM

Who's bashing him? A few YouTube keyboard warriors who are probably among the very same people that are fawning over those Sammy and Alite videos.
The podcast game is a legitimate hustle that's capable of generating a lot of money these days and the Mob has always had legitimate hustles. I doubt he's going to spill the beans about the life in his videos. Only time can tell how it'll work out; maybe it won't work out at all or maybe it'll end up being a really smart move. Who knows at this point.
Most of those wiseguys we see around on the web with their podcasts are only out because they ratted to get out. That's not the case with Joey Merlino as far as anyone can tell. And if this legitimate business venture turns out to be a successful one...good for him.

Re: Joey Merlino's podcast "The Skinny" and new life - 09/08/23 09:21 AM

What are the proofs that Merlino is retired?
Posted By: Serpiente

Re: Joey Merlino's podcast "The Skinny" and new life - 09/08/23 10:50 AM

Originally Posted by furio_from_naples

He is not retiring or retired ! This is just another scam on the legal side for a minute .

Don’t believe what he is selling just like US president gangster Joe .

Re: Joey Merlino's podcast "The Skinny" and new life - 09/08/23 11:58 AM

Originally Posted by Serpiente

He is not retiring or retired ! This is just another scam on the legal side for a minute .

Its what I think,Merlino have his childhood friends to watch his back why retire now.
Posted By: azguy

Re: Joey Merlino's podcast "The Skinny" and new life - 09/08/23 06:21 PM

He cares about money, not "legacy" an I do think he's retired aside from an envelope at Christmas

Re: Joey Merlino's podcast "The Skinny" and new life - 09/08/23 06:48 PM

Serpiente, Are you saying that Joey M and Joe B are now in cahoots together?

Re: Joey Merlino's podcast "The Skinny" and new life - 09/08/23 07:07 PM

NY M NO ! Even Skinny would not stoop that low ! but in that life what he is doing is a huge no no … even if it’s totally on the up & up . The other families should black list him and his own family should kill him /or shelf him .

But the mob these days are not doing shit ! The only thing that will happen is NY will not do business with Philly if they don’t hit him or shelf him … if nothing happens the life as fathers before them is completely gone .

Remember you don’t retire “ you don’t get involved with anything like what he is doing even if its a scam he is wrong !

Re: Joey Merlino's podcast "The Skinny" and new life - 09/08/23 07:40 PM

He might set a trend, maybe all the other mob bosses will follow him.

Re: Joey Merlino's podcast "The Skinny" and new life - 09/08/23 07:47 PM

Is that a serious question? Check out Barney Bellomo's TikTok. He calls Joey a disgrace to the life and then lip-syncs to Britney's Oops I Did It Again

Re: Joey Merlino's podcast "The Skinny" and new life - 09/08/23 09:05 PM

That's not proof that he retired.

Re: Joey Merlino's podcast "The Skinny" and new life - 09/08/23 09:23 PM

NY M NO ! Even Skinny would not stoop that low ! but in that life what he is doing is a huge no no … even if it’s totally on the up & up . The other families should black list him and his own family should kill him /or shelf him .

But the mob these days are not doing shit ! The only thing that will happen is NY will not do business with Philly if they don’t hit him or shelf him … if nothing happens the life as fathers before them is completely gone .

Remember you don’t retire “ you don’t get involved with anything like what he is doing even if its a scam he is wrong !

Maybe in Italy but not in America.

Re: Joey Merlino's podcast "The Skinny" and new life - 09/08/23 10:03 PM

Like I said before, in Italy the mob uses social media as a recruitment tool and to glamorize their brand, in America it's just ex-members/retired or turncoats doing it to talk about their mob past, or in Merlino’s case to talk about sports or whatever he's supposed to be talking about. That's the difference.

Re: Joey Merlino's podcast "The Skinny" and new life - 09/09/23 12:13 AM

Any active member in America will be killed for what Skinny is doing … now days shelved .

What a fucken disgrace even in that life now days … what a fucken disgrace .
Posted By: Zavattoni

Re: Joey Merlino's podcast "The Skinny" and new life - 09/09/23 12:19 AM

If this was the old days; The hey-day of the mafia;

Skinny Joe would be killed and a bird or rat stuck in his mouth.

What Joe Merlino is doing is a disgrace….

He should be shelved….

Re: Joey Merlino's podcast "The Skinny" and new life - 09/09/23 12:40 AM

There's always going to be fanboys who's going to make excuses for it, "oh, what's the big deal." In fact there's already been one or two in this thread.

Re: Joey Merlino's podcast "The Skinny" and new life - 09/09/23 07:07 AM

Nothing to do with fanboying. Some of you on here are so stuck in the past it's almost painful to watch. It's not the 1960s anymore.

And when it comes to "the rules"...give me a break. Narcotics are "against the rules", right? You can bet your bottom dollar that any viable family is involved in narcotics and nobody is getting shelved over it. Why? Because the drug business generates a shit ton of money. Taking a plea deal is "against the rules", isn't it? They're all accepting plea agreements these days and have done so for a long long time.

There are only two "rules" that can be applied to any criminal organization active in the year of our Lord 2023;
1) Don't snitch on your colleagues
2) Make as much money as possible

People on here talking like someone should get whacked because he's gonna talk sports (not even about the life, just sports) on a platform EVERYONE is communicating on in this day and age when Joe Bonanno wrote a fuckin' book about the life all the way back in 1983 and lived to die of natural causes at the blessed age of 97. LMAO, get real.

Oh and please, save your "uh oh but you don't understand Cosa Nostra" rhetoric because no, I probably don't. And I don't care either. I do however understand what makes a gangster tick in 2023 and I can tell some of you on here would make some broke ass gangsters with that stuck in the stone ages mentality.
Camorra and Ndrangheta clans are screwing "the rules" time and time again and they're THRIVING.

It's time to wake up and smell the 21st century.

Re: Joey Merlino's podcast "The Skinny" and new life - 09/09/23 02:06 PM

The KillingJoke you're right and in favor of Merlino,yes he love the spotlights like Gotti but Merlino started a war against his boss and won it despite was hit several times and lost his friend and underboss during a drive by car shooting; was so smart to use Natale as front boss purposely keeping him in the dark about many activities so that if he flips wouldn't be able to give too many details to the feds. Get 15 years and dont flipped and choose Ligambi for rebuilt the family while he was in prison,he gave the key positions to his trusted friends and can go where he want with fear anything and was well respected by NY mobsters and his family are most active out NY and he was the de facto boss from 1995 so apart Amuso,he's the long serving boss.

Re: Joey Merlino's podcast "The Skinny" and new life - 09/09/23 03:45 PM

I have to say Killing Joke, you're making some good points.
Posted By: jace

Re: Joey Merlino's podcast "The Skinny" and new life - 09/09/23 04:00 PM

The podcast has not started and already it's controversial. We will see in a few months how many vies he gets. At first he may draw a lot of viewers. I don't know if he will last as a podcaster. He could be good, he could be awful at it. I'm curious to see it now.

Re: Joey Merlino's podcast "The Skinny" and new life - 09/09/23 04:25 PM

What sucked about Joe Bonanno’s book was he was so stuck on trying to appear as a "Man of Honor" that there was so much left out. I mean, Carmine Galante wasn't mentioned in the entire book, that tells you all you need to know.

Re: Joey Merlino's podcast "The Skinny" and new life - 09/09/23 04:51 PM

Hes hosting a podcast to give opinions on who is gonna win or lose. Whats the problem? I am very confused as to why anyone would think hes not being loyal to the life by doing this?

Re: Joey Merlino's podcast "The Skinny" and new life - 09/09/23 05:16 PM

Dude chill out, this is the first time an alleged sitting boss has ever done this, with the exception of Joe Colombo with his Civil Rights bullshit. It's understandable that people would be shocked. Now every boss will be on TV like it's nothing. Even Barney Bellomo probably.
Posted By: MafiaStudent

Re: Joey Merlino's podcast "The Skinny" and new life - 09/09/23 05:39 PM

Speaking of Joe Colombo, his son Chris also just started up a gambling podcast. I think someone might've posted a video on it before but here's a link to his newest where he brings on MMA fighter Joey Gambino.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIQSceKPYAw&t

Re: Joey Merlino's podcast "The Skinny" and new life - 09/09/23 06:05 PM

Dude chill out, this is the first time an alleged sitting boss has ever done this, with the exception of Joe Colombo with his Civil Rights bullshit. It's understandable that people would be shocked. Now every boss will be on TV like it's nothing. Even Barney Bellomo probably.

Technology can offend people. Just my opinion.

Re: Joey Merlino's podcast "The Skinny" and new life - 09/09/23 07:30 PM

It doesn't matter if he's retired or not. He has no say in the matter. There is absolutely NO WAY that he would not be shelved for doing what he's doing. He is 1000% not the boss anymore. The guy doesn't even wanna go to Philly and they are sick and tired of having to fly to Florida all the time. This should not come as a surprise to anyone

Any active member in America will be killed for what Skinny is doing … now days shelved .

100%

Re: Joey Merlino's podcast "The Skinny" and new life - 09/10/23 06:52 PM

This was bound to happen and if anyone was going to destroy what little is left of the life it was going to be him .
He never ever followed the rules of that life even when he was a teen with guys hands around his throat .

Not only him but after Scarfo sr. was gone the entire Philly family was just a street gang it was never what the NY families and several others ran to the best of their ability.

I am sure Skinny is not saying a word about the life and this is just another racket and sure thats how he explained it away .

Everyone will know soon with a few guys back on streets and getting out soon because with an absent boss these real gangsters will not sit ! And if there is anything left money wise someone will take a shot at it .

I am guessing that there is not a lot of action or they just are not able to run good scams .

Mousie is out don’t know if he has feds on his ass but he is a gangster and will test guys if there is money out there … and as quiet as its been last several years i dont think they are qualified enough to run scams like NY guys .

Re: Joey Merlino's podcast "The Skinny" and new life - 09/10/23 06:59 PM

I kind of disagree with you saying that they were nothing more than a street gang. I think Joe Ligambi brought some stability back to the Family and was a shrewd boss.

Re: Joey Merlino's podcast "The Skinny" and new life - 09/10/23 08:10 PM

Merlino either retired and agreed to get a monthly nut out of respect and is doing the podcast to make more money Or— Merlino is not only doing a podcast to make money but more importantly as a possible defense if he ever gets indicted. His lawyer will say- If Joey was a boss, why in the world would he ever have a podcast or go on instagram. The instagram clearly shows him having fun with friends,,,
Thats my thought.

Re: Joey Merlino's podcast "The Skinny" and new life - 09/10/23 10:50 PM

I kind of disagree with you saying that they were nothing more than a street gang. I think Joe Ligambi brought some stability back to the Family and was a shrewd boss.

Yeah i get that … just saying compared to NY and back a decade before they took over it was profitable.

Maybe it will get interesting.
Posted By: mike68

Re: Joey Merlino's podcast "The Skinny" and new life - 09/11/23 04:39 PM

I think just the fact that he is putting himself out there in public, you have to know that law enforcement will be reviewing every word he says. That has to be disconcerting for people who believe this should still be a secret society.

Re: Joey Merlino's podcast "The Skinny" and new life - 09/11/23 05:54 PM

Is there a chance someone on the streets will attempt a hit on Joey for the way he is acting? I mean there has to be someone fed up with this shit and would be willing to go to prison over this. There are some guys left I would think that would rather live their life that way then sitting back and doing nothing.

Re: Joey Merlino's podcast "The Skinny" and new life - 09/11/23 06:27 PM

Is there a chance that anyone will do anything to the other mob podcasters? Including the ones who go back to their old neighborhoods?? Probably not. The mob is dead.
Posted By: Andragathia

Re: Joey Merlino's podcast "The Skinny" and new life - 09/12/23 02:53 AM

A Calabrese from Philadelphia would never do this cause they are an honorable secret society. And the money is on a different level but none of us are paying his nut so no one can tell anyone how to earn money with Sicilians I guess. Check back for my NCAA and NFL picks if you want winners Washington didn't cover even though they won outright they probably made 3 bucks each. In defense you can make a shit ton on YouTube so hopefully they all cash in. I could think of a few of the characters around him that would be hilarious on there

Re: Joey Merlino's podcast "The Skinny" and new life - 09/12/23 05:01 AM

For all we know he is retired. He could had said the heat is to much and just stepped away.

Maybe they throw him an envelope but when do we really think he last attended a making ceremony in Philly?

he like Nebraska over Colorado so he's not very good at gamboling either

Re: Joey Merlino's podcast "The Skinny" and new life - 09/12/23 06:26 AM

Originally Posted by RushStreet
Is there a chance someone on the streets will attempt a hit on Joey for the way he is acting? I mean there has to be someone fed up with this shit and would be willing to go to prison over this. There are some guys left I would think that would rather live their life that way then sitting back and doing nothing.

No one is doing anything lol. That life is over and Joey is one of the few people who understands that

Re: Joey Merlino's podcast "The Skinny" and new life - 09/12/23 06:29 AM

From what I've gathered, he's just another sucker gambler who loses a hellava lot more than he wins. He's definitely not what you'd call a "Jimmy the Greek" Snyder, although I'm sure if they're basing that podcast on gambling picks he'll try and style himself that way.

Like they're professional touts

Re: Joey Merlino's podcast "The Skinny" and new life - 09/14/23 05:37 AM

Podcast is off to a good start. Joey is a natural lol

Posted By: Malavita

Re: Joey Merlino's podcast "The Skinny" and new life - 09/14/23 06:38 AM

Thanks for posting it. So it's mostly a sports podcast with Merlino making a few mob jokes.

It still feel very weird to see him on a podcast.

Re: Joey Merlino's podcast "The Skinny" and new life - 09/14/23 06:46 AM

Originally Posted by Malavita
It still feel very weird to see him on a podcast.

It's very weird. It's like a David Lynch movie lol

Re: Joey Merlino's podcast "The Skinny" and new life - 09/14/23 12:13 PM

Wonder if any of his guys that are doing some big chunks of time courtesy of the state of PA or the federal government are going to be upset about this and decide to talk a little bit. They are legalizing a sports book in Florida this Friday at the Seminole casinos in Tampa and Hollywood, would Joey be on in their black books? Its 2023 you have guys in the life making big $ legitimately through flipping houses and now Joey is doing the podcast gambling thing which is legal in many states now

Re: Joey Merlino's podcast "The Skinny" and new life - 09/14/23 12:17 PM

In Italy I read that the Mafia over there actually made more money in the gambling sector when it was legalized.

Re: Joey Merlino's podcast "The Skinny" and new life - 09/14/23 12:53 PM

In Italy I read that the Mafia over there actually made more money in the gambling sector when it was legalized.

Here in the US with the NFL and the networks involved in the sportsbooks online and across the nation the absolute number 1 thing they need is no BS to happen; as you can see with the dumb NFL and college players being suspended due to using online sports books

Re: Joey Merlino's podcast "The Skinny" and new life - 09/14/23 02:47 PM

I think they were talking about the Italian Mafia sinking their dirty money into the legal gambling sector, tripling, quadrupling their earnings. Billions in assets related to the gambling industry have been seized from them in anti-Mafia operations, many times in multiple countries.

Re: Joey Merlino's podcast "The Skinny" and new life - 09/14/23 02:50 PM

Also, many wealthy entrepreneurs are indebted to them because it's because of mob startup money and whatnot, essentially making the Mafia the true owners. Of course we're talking about two completely different animals with regards to the Italian Mafia and LCN lol.

Re: Joey Merlino's podcast "The Skinny" and new life - 09/14/23 03:17 PM

Also, many wealthy entrepreneurs are indebted to them because it's because of mob startup money and whatnot, essentially making the Mafia the true owners. Of course we're talking about two completely different animals with regards to the Italian Mafia and LCN lol.

Right on, sometimes I will dabble in some stupid WTP tennis matches from Turkey or a hidden Euro tourney or wherever and those are rigged or are easier to rig like old time jai lai from what i gather but the book's handle on players ranked 100 in the world would have to fluctuate so bad to take them off the board
Posted By: Giacomo_Vacari

Re: Joey Merlino's podcast "The Skinny" and new life - 09/14/23 06:37 PM

Merlino is not the only one in Philly who is a big Hockey fan. Dont like a couple of his picks but I'll keep watching.

Re: Joey Merlino's podcast "The Skinny" and new life - 09/29/23 04:31 PM

No podcast this week, he had one scheduled for this past Wednesday but still nothing as of today. I wonder why. Maybe he can't put it together and quit. Or his lawyers told him he would anger the government and wind up back in prison.

Re: Joey Merlino's podcast "The Skinny" and new life - 09/29/23 05:34 PM

Lol apparently clown Gene Borrello made some cringe TikTok video threatening to slap Joey Merlino around if he ever saw him in Tampa

Re: Joey Merlino's podcast "The Skinny" and new life - 09/29/23 06:43 PM

Lol apparently clown Gene Borrello made some cringe TikTok video threatening to slap Joey Merlino around if he ever saw him in Tampa

Well Joey is on Boca, so Borello is safe from making a fool of himself and someone reported there was a death in someone's family so no podcast this week
Posted By: Andragathia

Re: Joey Merlino's podcast "The Skinny" and new life - 09/29/23 06:57 PM

His mother passed

Re: Joey Merlino's podcast "The Skinny" and new life - 09/30/23 12:29 AM

The show is on, they cook a pork chop. Angelo Lutz is the guest.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Q3VUE16L-A
Posted By: streetbossliborio

Re: Joey Merlino's podcast "The Skinny" and new life - 09/30/23 04:00 AM

This is really good. Refers to the character assassination he got in leonetti book and comes back with his take. If he talks about the life more this would be best show by a distance. I’m still surprised he’s doing it. Must’ve left the life fully on his own terms

Re: Joey Merlino's podcast "The Skinny" and new life - 09/30/23 08:50 AM

Definitely the best show at the moment if you ask my opinion. It's got a real authentic shoot-the-breeze vibe to it and no bluster.

Re: Joey Merlino's podcast "The Skinny" and new life - 09/30/23 04:25 PM

It's not only the best, it's unique. He is a lot different than I expected him to be in the way he talk and acts. He was always smiling in photos people posted, he is very serious when speaking. Even when he jokes, he seems serious. The new nickname for Phil Leonetti was one of the highlights. I watched the first few minutes and stopped, thinking it would be a bad episode, but when I watch d the rest it got good.

The story of him and that old lawyer was interesting, he was told to plead guilty to probation and got hit with 7 years instead. The lawyer sounded incompetent.
Posted By: MemphisMafia

Re: Joey Merlino's podcast "The Skinny" and new life - 09/30/23 04:30 PM

Yeah I like this alot.He calls Leonetti Scared shit phil or something like that.He has the rat of the month.I watched a little of Gravano for a few shows but I will watch every podcast Merlino has.He is the real deal he is a killer he did his time and in my opinion a true mafia boss.The last true boss with brass balls.He is serious as posted above you can tell you cross him you got a problem.I love it

Re: Joey Merlino's podcast "The Skinny" and new life - 09/30/23 09:56 PM

He told almost the truth about the Lido that night … my father was on the other side of the bar .

Re: Joey Merlino's podcast "The Skinny" and new life - 10/01/23 02:15 PM

I honestly think Joey stepped down and someone else is running Philly. He may be getting a kick up but thats it. He certainly wouldnt be ordering any hits.
He has a great podcast.
I also think Cicale told Borello to say that bs about Merlino. Cicale is garbage and talks like he had a stroke. Borello obviously had series mental health issues, he is not normal.

Re: Joey Merlino's podcast "The Skinny" and new life - 10/01/23 02:45 PM

Apparently Borrello took down his video where he threatened Joey. Borrello was obviously high on methamphetamines when he made that video so when he came down from the rush even as a complete moron he realized how stupid it was to make that video. Not that I think there was a big chance any wiseguy was going to take action over that video, but Borrello also said something like "I'd rather even be a Latin King than a wiseguy". LK's might interpret that statement as condescending and there are plenty of LK's around that have nothing to lose; so they probably would beat up Borrello over this.

Borrello's obviously a complete dimwit. Like completely absolutely stupid. And he also has mental issues like intermittent explosive disorder, among others. I think it's only a matter of time before he's gonna have to face the consequences of his actions.

Re: Joey Merlino's podcast "The Skinny" and new life - 10/01/23 03:23 PM

Originally Posted by Lenox
I honestly think Joey stepped down and someone else is running Philly. He may be getting a kick up but thats it.

He hasn't been running Philly for years. There is absolutely no way that someone like George Borgesi would funnel money to him while he just relaxes in Florida lol. When Joey was still on supervised release, it made sense to be in Florida. That was years ago

Re: Joey Merlino's podcast "The Skinny" and new life - 10/01/23 06:40 PM

I honestly think Joey stepped down and someone else is running Philly. He may be getting a kick up but thats it.

He hasn't been running Philly for years. There is absolutely no way that someone like George Borgesi would funnel money to him while he just relaxes in Florida lol. When Joey was still on supervised release, it made sense to be in Florida. That was years ago

I kind of disagree. Merlino was the boss for years and did a lot of time. He was also respected by NY. I tend to think he gets something.

Re: Joey Merlino's podcast "The Skinny" and new life - 10/01/23 07:33 PM

I kind of disagree. Merlino was the boss for years and did a lot of time. He was also respected by NY. I tend to think he gets something.

You think NY respects him now lol

Re: Joey Merlino's podcast "The Skinny" and new life - 10/01/23 07:41 PM

Re: Joey Merlino's podcast "The Skinny" and new life - 10/02/23 01:42 PM

Joey said he's gonna kill Gene Borello lol. Unless he's retarded, no active mob boss would say that on a podcast

Re: Joey Merlino's podcast "The Skinny" and new life - 10/02/23 09:20 PM

Posted By: GaspipeCasso

Re: Joey Merlino's podcast "The Skinny" and new life - 10/03/23 02:48 PM

I honestly think Joey stepped down and someone else is running Philly. He may be getting a kick up but thats it. He certainly wouldnt be ordering any hits.
He has a great podcast.
I also think Cicale told Borello to say that bs about Merlino. Cicale is garbage and talks like he had a stroke. Borello obviously had series mental health issues, he is not normal.

Lmfao, said very well. I couldn't put my finger on Dominic's issues but this nails it. Borello 100 percent rode the short bus
Posted By: Brovelli

Re: Joey Merlino's podcast "The Skinny" and new life - 10/05/23 05:29 PM

He got me laughing on one line he said: " you know gambling brings the whole family together. Yea, you'll all be living in one bedroom"
Posted By: Big_Tuna93

Re: Joey Merlino's podcast "The Skinny" and new life - 10/06/23 06:47 PM

If you like to gamble, i wouldn't tail their picks, but it is a wildly entertaining podcast. I've enjoyed each episode.

Re: Joey Merlino's podcast "The Skinny" and new life - 10/06/23 11:49 PM

I don't know about that, Borgesi, Merlino and Stevie have been friends since like 5 years old, those guys are TIGHT, Merlino shot up Scarfo Jr, fought hard in the war and like Stevie and George, did his time. Merlino is not independlty wealthy, he's getting a kick from someplace

Re: Joey Merlino's podcast "The Skinny" and new life - 10/07/23 01:17 AM

Without saying too much about my family. We have been in business since before 60’s . We do well thank god for my grandfather and father.
But i live well ‘ on the beach not far from AC .

I know what we spend . We drive vehicles over $ 60,000 and have a motorhome well over 250,000 and get a new one every five years give or take or similar and upgrade it with solar and mini splits and satellite ect. so we can park anywhere and live comfortably.

We like being in Baja in winter and Arizona in winter and at home on beach in summer . I know what we have to bring in and in order to live like we do it costs .

Skinny is doing pretty good and he has a couple $ 80,000 vehicles and travels well and has a couple residents and his girls are not cheep when they were young .

With this jerkoff Biden its extremely expensive for anything or anyone so Skinny at minimum is spending $500,000 G a year .

So say what you want … but someone or something is paying that bill .

As far as social media he is that person and always has been social .

But now he can get away with it because nobody is clipping anyone .

But he is getting easy 30 G a month just to live not counting if he buys a new place in Florida or wherever .

Re: Joey Merlino's podcast "The Skinny" and new life - 10/07/23 01:48 AM

Say what you will, but he looks damn good for a 61-year old chainsmoker.

Re: Joey Merlino's podcast "The Skinny" and new life - 10/07/23 01:56 AM

You know what would be hilarious? If he would respond to every mob question with, "We were never the Mafia. That's all government bullshit. We were just friends from the block who hung out and shot pool and gambled." Lol.

Re: Joey Merlino's podcast "The Skinny" and new life - 10/07/23 02:43 AM

The paperwork he has and revealed regarding the rats is amazing. John Pennisi beat his girlfriend and knocked out her teeth. Then he ripped out her hair and tortured her with lit cigarettes, and the judge would not let the defense let in in as evidence!

Re: Joey Merlino's podcast "The Skinny" and new life - 10/07/23 07:39 AM

Originally Posted by jace
The paperwork he has and revealed regarding the rats is amazing. John Pennisi beat his girlfriend and knocked out her teeth. Then he ripped out her hair and tortured her with lit cigarettes, and the judge would not let the defense let in in as evidence!

Just further cements my opinion that basically all of those podcast rats are just some of the worst garbage people around. Knocking your girl's teeth out, ripping out her hair, torturing her with cigarette burns...that's disgusting. And that's the kinda guy that gets a slap on the wrist just because he ratted a few people out, when you have people out there getting seven years for selling a few ounces of weed.

The remark about Borrello "he would've made his mother going to do the time if he could" was spot on lmfao
Posted By: ralphie_cifaretto

Re: Joey Merlino's podcast "The Skinny" and new life - 10/07/23 11:12 AM

Pennisi is a horrible human being for doing that. What an animal

Re: Joey Merlino's podcast "The Skinny" and new life - 10/07/23 04:42 PM

They released a book making that claim about Pennisi and then had to retract it. Would be interesting to see where/what this document says he admitted doing it. I guess if he had been granted immunity for the crimes he committed then that's how they keep it out of a case? He's on parole until 2025 or something but nothing has been made clear about what he's on parole for so this is interesting. Also odd to me as if true it's a non-mob related crime so why would it be relevant to any immunity regarding cooperating against the mob

Re: Joey Merlino's podcast "The Skinny" and new life - 10/07/23 05:27 PM

Originally Posted by Brovelli
They released a book making that claim about Pennisi and then had to retract it. Would be interesting to see where/what this document says he admitted doing it. I guess if he had been granted immunity for the crimes he committed then that's how they keep it out of a case? He's on parole until 2025 or something but nothing has been made clear about what he's on parole for so this is interesting. Also odd to me as if true it's a non-mob related crime so why would it be relevant to any immunity regarding cooperating against the mob

To your question about it being not mob related: Merlino said that the judge claimed it would make Pennisi look bad to the jury. He claims he has all the paperwork to back it up.

Re: Joey Merlino's podcast "The Skinny" and new life - 10/07/23 05:27 PM

'm waiting for the episode where he talks about Previte, and how he got a million dollars, a house, and his daughter's wedding paid for as part of his deal to testify.
Posted By: bobnordo66

Re: Joey Merlino's podcast "The Skinny" and new life - 10/09/23 07:40 AM

Missed a lot. North Jersey crew added 3 or 4 new guys and word is Georgie is the under.
Posted By: ralphie_cifaretto

Re: Joey Merlino's podcast "The Skinny" and new life - 10/09/23 09:12 AM

They released a book making that claim about Pennisi and then had to retract it.

Ahh yeah that broad that's on here. She apologized to the rat lol

Re: Joey Merlino's podcast "The Skinny" and new life - 10/09/23 05:59 PM

Originally Posted by ralphie_cifaretto
They released a book making that claim about Pennisi and then had to retract it.

Ahh yeah that broad that's on here. She apologized to the rat lol

There's a 9 hour video audio book of this book on youtube. I might give it a listen as I was meaning to a while ago
Posted By: British

Re: Joey Merlino's podcast "The Skinny" and new life - 10/13/23 11:10 AM

Been watching it, it's very good apart from the talk about American football.

That Angelo Lutz seems a real character, with the surname Lutz I guess his father was not of Utalian heritage?
Posted By: southshorekid

Re: Joey Merlino's podcast "The Skinny" and new life - 10/13/23 10:29 PM

Originally Posted by British
Been watching it, it's very good apart from the talk about American football.

That Angelo Lutz seems a real character, with the surname Lutz I guess his father was not of Utalian heritage?

Angelo is definitely a character. He can cook though! His sausage meatballs are great.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET