Home

Matteo Messina Denaro undergoes surgery!

Posted By: NYMafia

Matteo Messina Denaro undergoes surgery! - 08/09/23 11:06 AM

Matteo Messina Denaro is awake but remains in intensive care. The guarantor of prisoners "We guarantee the right to health with qualified medical personnel"

Matteo Messina Denaro has awakened from the operation which went very well, he is alert and active. He is in intensive care only for practice after such operations ». This was stated by the guarantor of the prisoners in Abruzzo, Gianmarco Cifaldi after the operation the former mafia boss of Castelvetrano underwent yesterday afternoon at the hospital in Aquila.

«The hospital stay depends on the combination of the health consultation and the in-depth analysis of the Dap which must evaluate the actions to guarantee internal and external security - Cifaldi continues - All actions guarantee the constitutional rights both for the boss and for all free people".

As for the request for release announced by Messina Denaro's defenders since the 41 bis regime would be incompatible with Messina Denaro's health conditions, Cifaldi underlines: «We guarantee the right to health with qualified medical personnel and all state agencies are operating in compliance with the constitutional provisions, myself included".
Posted By: Hollander

Re: Matteo Messina Denaro undergoes surgery! - 08/09/23 09:23 PM

Seems it's palliative care his lawyer Alessandro Cerella earlier told the AGI news agency he was surviving on a diet of fruit juices and food supplements.
Posted By: streetbossliborio

Re: Matteo Messina Denaro undergoes surgery! - 08/09/23 09:50 PM

Palliative care? Is it me or did this guy blatantly give himself up as he is at the end?

Re: Matteo Messina Denaro undergoes surgery! - 09/10/23 11:59 PM

Mafia, the conditions of the superboss Matteo Messina Denaro worsen
by Alessia Candito

Admitted to L'Aquila hospital, he has been in intensive care for five days
10 SEPTEMBER 2023
UPDATED AT4.33PM
1 MINUTE READ

The conditions of boss Matteo Messina Denaro are worsening, having been in intensive care for five days after a second delicate surgery.

Suffering from colon cancer already in the fourth stage, at this moment - as far as we know - he would be undergoing pain therapy, "which has been readjusted, because not all patients respond in the same way", explains the head doctor of the department of oncology at the L'Aquila hospital. The doctor does not comment on the boss's health conditions, but the lawyer Lorenza Guttadauro, niece of the boss of the same name, has arrived in the city and assists the former super fugitive.

Arrested in January after thirty years on the run, since 8 August Messina Denaro has been hospitalized in a prison ward, kept under close surveillance. His lawyers had prepared a request to request his definitive release and detention in hospital, but the act was currently suspended because his very serious health conditions made a return behind bars unthinkable.

According to some rumours, Messina Denaro would have asked not to be resuscitated if necessary. But at the moment, the lawyers are taking refuge behind no comments on the topic.

Re: Matteo Messina Denaro undergoes surgery! - 09/11/23 12:03 AM

Hollander, This is an interesting development.

Thanks for posting this up.

Re: Matteo Messina Denaro undergoes surgery! - 09/11/23 08:03 PM

Letter to Messina Denaro: repent and collaborate before you die
Alessandra Rossi 11 September 2023
Matteo Messina Denaro we know that you are dying. You still have time to renounce evil, at least in these last moments of earthly life. I urge you to free both yourself and us from the evil that you yourself have helped create. An evil that protects corrupt politicians, which takes away resources from children, the disabled, the elderly, the sick, which has caused thousands of murders and suicides for those who find the noose of greed too tight and which pushes towards the self-destruction of a war nuclear. You know well those responsible who drain immense resources of our hard-earned savings into the coffers of the insatiable powerful, taking away the lifeblood of those in need. The evil that you insist on covering up with deadly silence would make citizens increasingly poorer in body and spirit.
Don't fool yourself, the healthy part of humanity on earth will continue to fight so that the human being and not profit is finally placed at the center of everything: you have made us poor in matter but not unconscious or resigned.
With your collaboration or without we will move forward. With the hope that your last breath can give you light and sight. And the word.

Re: Matteo Messina Denaro undergoes surgery! - 09/11/23 09:14 PM

I wouldn't be holding my breath if I were them. Lol....
Posted By: furio_from_naples

Re: Matteo Messina Denaro undergoes surgery! - 09/11/23 09:50 PM

For me I would have left Messina Money chained in a cell to suffer telling him "do you want to be treated? speak and say what we want to know or die"

Re: Matteo Messina Denaro undergoes surgery! - 09/11/23 09:52 PM

Originally Posted by Hollander
Letter to Messina Denaro: repent and collaborate before you die
Alessandra Rossi 11 September 2023
Matteo Messina Denaro we know that you are dying. You still have time to renounce evil, at least in these last moments of earthly life. I urge you to free both yourself and us from the evil that you yourself have helped create. An evil that protects corrupt politicians, which takes away resources from children, the disabled, the elderly, the sick, which has caused thousands of murders and suicides for those who find the noose of greed too tight and which pushes towards the self-destruction of a war nuclear. You know well those responsible who drain immense resources of our hard-earned savings into the coffers of the insatiable powerful, taking away the lifeblood of those in need. The evil that you insist on covering up with deadly silence would make citizens increasingly poorer in body and spirit.
Don't fool yourself, the healthy part of humanity on earth will continue to fight so that the human being and not profit is finally placed at the center of everything: you have made us poor in matter but not unconscious or resigned.
With your collaboration or without we will move forward. With the hope that your last breath can give you light and sight. And the word.

He won't regret his past,unfortunately he's the last of old school mafiosi.

Re: Matteo Messina Denaro undergoes surgery! - 09/11/23 09:55 PM

Originally Posted by furio_from_naples
For me I would have left Messina Money chained in a cell to suffer telling him "do you want to be treated? speak and say what we want to know or die"

Good point in the old days, and still in many other countries they would do that or even torture him.

Re: Matteo Messina Denaro undergoes surgery! - 09/12/23 10:16 AM

Lorenza Messina Denaro: the boss's daughter takes her father's surname
The decision of the girl, 27 years old, after the misunderstandings of the past. The Castelvetrano mafia boss is hospitalized in intensive care at L'Aquila hospital: it is very serious

Matteo Messina Denaro 's daughter , Lorenza Alagna, decided to take his surname as her father's condition worsened. She will therefore be Lorenza Messina Denaro. Lorenza, 27 years old, was born from the Cosa Nostra boss's relationship with Franca Maria Alagna in December 1996, and in recent days she has asked and obtained at the registry office to bear her father's surname. Messina Denaro had already given his "consent" from the L'Aquila prison, where he was imprisoned under the 41 bis regime, following his arrest in Palermo last January.

The notarial deed for the daughter's change of surname has already been signed by the father and authorized by the judicial authority, we read in the Corriere della Sera , in an article signed by Giovanni Bianconi. Now it will have to be sent to the registry office for registration. Lorenza, herself the mother of a two-year-old boy, will completely replace her mother's surname. The decision would have come about after meetings in prison and misunderstandings of the past. The relationship between father and daughter has never been peaceful, at least until now.

In one of the pizzini found in the house of the boss's sister - Rosalia, known as Rosetta -, Messina Denaro complained about the distance between him and his daughter who over the years had never wanted to meet him. In reality, since she was a child, the 27-year-old had lived with the family of the mafia boss, but at 18 she had decided to break off relations and break the "chains" with her father, who had not welcomed the rebellion: "Never, ever I would like to receive," he said. It seems that her cousin Lorenza Guttadauro, the boss's lawyer, acted as mediator between Messina Denaro and the girl.

Messina Denaro is now hospitalized in intensive care at the L'Aquila hospital, where last August 8 he underwent another operation after the colon cancer that struck him three years ago. His terminally ill condition is described as very serious. The former super fugitive could remain in hospital for a long time, under strict surveillance in the ward dedicated to prisoners recently renovated for the occasion, because his conditions are not compatible with detention in prison. Family visits were allowed, but only to some close relatives.
Posted By: RushStreet

Re: Matteo Messina Denaro undergoes surgery! - 09/12/23 11:09 AM

Would you put him in the same category as the Cartel bosses in Mexico when it comes to violence?

Re: Matteo Messina Denaro undergoes surgery! - 09/12/23 12:17 PM

Originally Posted by RushStreet
Would you put him in the same category as the Cartel bosses in Mexico when it comes to violence?

He has been linked to at least 50 murders and once boasted he could fill a cemetery with his victims.
Posted By: Liggio

Re: Matteo Messina Denaro undergoes surgery! - 09/12/23 12:18 PM

As far as whether or not he's capable of that type of violence, yes. But the Mafia doesn't exactly operate like that. They're more organized and methodical in their violence, the cartels just don't give a fuck. And in a country like Mexico, they can afford to.

Re: Matteo Messina Denaro undergoes surgery! - 09/12/23 12:44 PM

I should also mention that the Mafia seeks to silently infiltrate society at all levels, how could they possibly do that if they're killing everyone cartel-style?
Posted By: RushStreet

Re: Matteo Messina Denaro undergoes surgery! - 09/12/23 03:50 PM

He has been linked to at least 50 murders and once boasted he could fill a cemetery with his victims.

He also did business with the cartels in Mexico for years didn't he when it came to cocaine distribution? So I'm sure he spoke with the bosses over there quite often. He may have even entertained a couple over the years in Italy at one point or another.

Re: Matteo Messina Denaro undergoes surgery! - 09/12/23 04:18 PM

He also did business with the cartels in Mexico for years didn't he when it came to cocaine distribution? So I'm sure he spoke with the bosses over there quite often. He may have even entertained a couple over the years in Italy at one point or another.

He has interests in Venezuela and contacts with Colombian drug bosses, I haven't seen links to Mexico but wouldn't rule it out.

Re: Matteo Messina Denaro undergoes surgery! - 09/12/23 04:31 PM

He was also present at a big meeting in Aruba, between the Colombians, Sicilians and Russians around 1989 I believe.

Re: Matteo Messina Denaro undergoes surgery! - 09/12/23 04:41 PM

It's even been said that he visited New York.

Re: Matteo Messina Denaro undergoes surgery! - 09/12/23 04:48 PM

Originally Posted by Liggio
It's even been said that he visited New York.

Also wiretaps showed his people did business with Joey Bravo in the Toronto area, he was later killed in Sicily part of the Rizzuto feud.

https://www.pressreader.com/article/281809993010143

Re: Matteo Messina Denaro undergoes surgery! - 09/12/23 05:02 PM

As far as whether or not he's capable of that type of violence, yes. But the Mafia doesn't exactly operate like that. They're more organized and methodical in their violence, the cartels just don't give a fuck. And in a country like Mexico, they can afford to.

That after Riina bloody reign. Until the 1993 the Mafia used the bombs for kill judge,cops and everybody they believe to be a danger for them. Look at end of Falcone and Borsellino to the mombs all alongvthe Italy,in those times they was like the cartels only that prefer to use the bombs or the acid instead to behead them, film the executions or hang them from bridges.

Re: Matteo Messina Denaro undergoes surgery! - 09/12/23 05:05 PM

Good point in the old days, and still in many other countries they would do that or even torture him.

Trust me,Messina Denaro know so many things on the links between the mafia and rogue members of the State that would be worth to torture him.

Re: Matteo Messina Denaro undergoes surgery! - 09/12/23 10:07 PM

He was on the run for 30 years, no telling what countries he visited during that time period. That's 3 decades. I never believed that he stayed in Sicily for 3 whole decades. Same with Bernardo Provenzano, he was a fugitive for 4 decades.

Re: Matteo Messina Denaro undergoes surgery! - 09/13/23 12:35 AM

MMD travelled extensively for example making several trips to England, staying with a Sicilian family who had set up a successful business in London.

Investigators had confirmation of his presence in Brasil, Spain, Britain, Austria.

Re: Matteo Messina Denaro undergoes surgery! - 09/13/23 12:46 AM

Trust me,Messina Denaro know so many things on the links between the mafia and rogue members of the State that would be worth to torture him.

Yes they could make him talk, but in EU that would cause a major scandal they are very keen on human rights lol.

Re: Matteo Messina Denaro undergoes surgery! - 09/13/23 08:44 AM

I think I saw that he visited Greece as well, and even North Africa like Tunisia or Morocco or both.

Re: Matteo Messina Denaro undergoes surgery! - 09/13/23 08:50 AM

I don't agree with torture, the main reason being that it would open all sorts of doors for human rights violations. And prisoners of all stripes would be subjected to it, even nonviolent offenders. Plus, it's just not good.

Re: Matteo Messina Denaro undergoes surgery! - 09/13/23 02:18 PM

Yes they could make him talk, but in EU that would cause a major scandal they are very keen on human rights lol.

For the other EU countries the 41 bis is just a human rights violation but how explain what the daily damages made by the mafias to Italy a countries like Belgium or Holland that have no huge problems with the OC?
Posted By: Toodoped

Re: Matteo Messina Denaro undergoes surgery! - 09/13/23 02:33 PM

Or they can give him a larger dose of anesthetic and he'll sing like bird.
Posted By: Strax

Re: Matteo Messina Denaro undergoes surgery! - 09/13/23 03:23 PM

For the other EU countries the 41 bis is just a human rights violation but how explain what the daily damages made by the mafias to Italy a countries like Belgium or Holland that have no huge problems with the OC?

I wouldn't say Netherlands doesn't have OC problem, they have huge problems regarding organized crime in the past 4-5 years.

Re: Matteo Messina Denaro undergoes surgery! - 09/13/23 04:17 PM

Originally Posted by Strax

I wouldn't say Netherlands doesn't have OC problem, they have huge problems regarding organized crime in the past 4-5 years.

Exactly. The Netherlands plays a major role in the international drug trade. 90% of organized crime in the Netherlands has to do with drugs.
Posted By: TheKillingJoke

Re: Matteo Messina Denaro undergoes surgery! - 09/13/23 06:49 PM

When it comes to synthetic drugs like MDMA the Dutch organized crime networks (in particular those of North Brabant ) are arguably the biggest players in the world together with Israeli organized crime.

People are always talking about the cocaine trafficking gangs that are based in the Netherlands because the cocaine business generates the most violence, but a lot seem to forget that the xtc and amphetamine production in the Netherlands has a yearly turnover of close to 19 billion. On a global scale I'd wager that the Dutch networks involved in synthetic drugs are bigger than the ones involved in cocaine.

Re: Matteo Messina Denaro undergoes surgery! - 09/13/23 09:17 PM

In the past 4-5! In italy we fight from an half centy and I dont think in Holland there nothingcthat can be compared with Mafia,Camorra and Ndrangheta.

Re: Matteo Messina Denaro undergoes surgery! - 09/13/23 09:35 PM

Originally Posted by TheKillingJoke
When it comes to synthetic drugs like MDMA the Dutch organized crime networks (in particular those of North Brabant ) are arguably the biggest players in the world together with Israeli organized crime.

People are always talking about the cocaine trafficking gangs that are based in the Netherlands because the cocaine business generates the most violence, but a lot seem to forget that the xtc and amphetamine production in the Netherlands has a yearly turnover of close to 19 billion. On a global scale I'd wager that the Dutch networks involved in synthetic drugs are bigger than the ones involved in cocaine.

And don't forget the thousands of cannabis farms from very small to an industrial scale.

Re: Matteo Messina Denaro undergoes surgery! - 09/13/23 09:36 PM

In the past 4-5! In italy we fight from an half centy and I dont think in Holland there nothingcthat can be compared with Mafia,Camorra and Ndrangheta.

I didn't compare them , but you can't say that Netherlands doesn't have OC problems in the past few years. There were even some high profile murders. Spain also have OC problem , Italy has biggest problem with OC in Europe. I don't consider Russia having OC problem because its all state controlled.

Re: Matteo Messina Denaro undergoes surgery! - 09/13/23 09:53 PM

I didn't compare them , but you can't say that Netherlands doesn't have OC problems in the past few years. There were even some high profile murders. Spain also have OC problem , Italy has biggest problem with OC in Europe. I don't consider Russia having OC problem because its all state controlled.

Europe has many problems, but organized crime is one of the few industries that work together very well from north to south from east to west.

Re: Matteo Messina Denaro undergoes surgery! - 09/13/23 11:24 PM

The thing is when business goes smooth we hear nothing about them, the things we hear everyday from Italy is because of the anti-mafia they have become also a force with ties to the media. The Italians do a very good job everyday we can read about the Mafias.

Re: Matteo Messina Denaro undergoes surgery! - 09/14/23 12:21 PM

Can you believe that some idiot on Facebook argued with me saying that big fugitives like Matteo Messina Denaro and Bernardo Provenzano could last decades on the run without any help from the government? That there was no corruption, that it was all due to their criminal contacts and money? I hope that moron is a member of this blog and is reading this.
Posted By: Dwalin2011

Re: Matteo Messina Denaro undergoes surgery! - 09/14/23 03:10 PM

Can you believe that some idiot on Facebook argued with me saying that big fugitives like Matteo Messina Denaro and Bernardo Provenzano could last decades on the run without any help from the government? That there was no corruption, that it was all due to their criminal contacts and money? I hope that moron is a member of this blog and is reading this.

I agree. Imo, the mafia without political and law enforcement protection wouldn't be a Mafia anymore, but little more than a street gang. Corrupt connections with the state are one of the main factors to differentiate mafia-type organizations from "normal" crime, like gangs etc.

Re: Matteo Messina Denaro undergoes surgery! - 09/23/23 08:16 AM

Messina Denaro in irreversible coma

(ANSA) - ROME, SEP 22 - One-time top Mafia fugitive Matteo Messina Denaro, caught after 30 years on the run in a Palermo cancer clinic in mid-January, is now in an irreversible coma, sources at L'Aquila hospital said Friday.
Denaro, 61, hospitalised in the prison ward of L'Aquila hospital, won't come out of the coma and this evening the doctors will suspend his nutrition, they said.
Messina Denaro had been in hospital for over a month.
The intestinal surgery he underwent on August 8 was successful but the mobster's advanced colon cancer caused an irreversible deterioration in his state of health, the sources said.
The Cosa Nostra superboss has been convicted for his involvement in dozens of murders, including the 1992 bombings that killed anti-Mafia magistrates Giovanni Falcone and Paolo Borsellino.
In addition to the Falcone and Borsellino assassinations, he has been condemned for the killing of Giuseppe Di Matteo, the 12-year-old son of a mobster-turned-State witness who was strangled and dissolved in acid in 1996, and bombings at art and religious sites in Milan, Florence and Rome that killed 10 people and hurt 40 more in 1993.
Long idolised by younger mafiosi for his ruthlessness and playboy-like charisma,, Messina Denaro sealed a reputation for brutality by murdering a rival Trapani boss and strangling his three-months-pregnant girlfriend.
The boss, who reportedly enjoyed orgies with Palermo women while on the run, once said he could have filled a cemetery with those he had killed.
He was reportedly helped dodge police by a "middle class Mafia", not only around his fief at Trapani but also around Sicily, Italian police have said. (ANSA).

Re: Matteo Messina Denaro undergoes surgery! - 09/23/23 08:41 AM

Messina Denaro in irreversible coma

(ANSA) - ROME, SEP 22 - One-time top Mafia fugitive Matteo Messina Denaro, caught after 30 years on the run in a Palermo cancer clinic in mid-January, is now in an irreversible coma, sources at L'Aquila hospital said Friday.
Denaro, 61, hospitalised in the prison ward of L'Aquila hospital, won't come out of the coma and this evening the doctors will suspend his nutrition, they said.
Messina Denaro had been in hospital for over a month.
The intestinal surgery he underwent on August 8 was successful but the mobster's advanced colon cancer caused an irreversible deterioration in his state of health, the sources said.
The Cosa Nostra superboss has been convicted for his involvement in dozens of murders, including the 1992 bombings that killed anti-Mafia magistrates Giovanni Falcone and Paolo Borsellino.
In addition to the Falcone and Borsellino assassinations, he has been condemned for the killing of Giuseppe Di Matteo, the 12-year-old son of a mobster-turned-State witness who was strangled and dissolved in acid in 1996, and bombings at art and religious sites in Milan, Florence and Rome that killed 10 people and hurt 40 more in 1993.
Long idolised by younger mafiosi for his ruthlessness and playboy-like charisma,, Messina Denaro sealed a reputation for brutality by murdering a rival Trapani boss and strangling his three-months-pregnant girlfriend.
The boss, who reportedly enjoyed orgies with Palermo women while on the run, once said he could have filled a cemetery with those he had killed.
He was reportedly helped dodge police by a "middle class Mafia", not only around his fief at Trapani but also around Sicily, Italian police have said. (ANSA).

Good post Strax. Thanks.

Yeah, Messina Denaro is done!

Re: Matteo Messina Denaro undergoes surgery! - 09/23/23 04:23 PM

23 September 2023 Editorial board
The Prosecutor's Office requests the trial of Messina Denaro's driver

The hearing of the investigating judge of the Court of Palermo will be held on November 10th, who will have to decide on the request for indictment against Giovanni Luppino, the man who accompanied Matteo Messina Denaro to the "La Maddalena" clinic in Palermo on the day where the boss was arrested. The Prosecutor's Office requested the trial. Luppino was initially accused of aggravated aiding and abetting and failure to comply with the sentence. Recently the prosecutors also accused him of having a mafia association.

Luppino, an agricultural entrepreneur who ended up in prison on January 16th , the day of Messina Denaro's arrest, claimed to have met the man then taken to the clinic with the name of Francesco through Andrea Bonafede (the man who lent the alias to the boss ) and that I didn't see him again for months. «He came on Sunday evening to tell me to take him to the nursing home for treatment and I did», he told the investigating judge during the interrogation. Just by seeing the soldiers, Luppino would have asked the acquaintance if they were looking for him. And Messina Denaro would finally make his true identity clear. This version was not believed by the magistrates.

[Linked Image]

Re: Matteo Messina Denaro undergoes surgery! - 09/23/23 04:35 PM

Giovanni Luppino together with his two sons has been managing a storage and marketing center for table olives in Campobello di Mazara for some years.

The Luppinos act as intermediaries with the Neapolitan wholesalers who then buy the batches of olives.

Re: Matteo Messina Denaro undergoes surgery! - 09/24/23 09:59 AM

The last wishes of Matteo Messina Denaro: «I don't want religious funeral from this corrupt Church»
SEPTEMBER 24, 2023 - 08:21
by Editorial Staff

The boss at the end of his life, the "testament" appears in a pizzino from 10 years ago: «I reject every religious celebration made up of unclean men who live in hatred and sin»

The last wishes of Matteo Messina Denaro appear , the boss one step away from death after entering an irreversible coma due to the advanced colon cancer that has gripped him for some time. An anomalous will, that of Messina Denaro, but in line with the identity of the super-boss: it is in fact contained in a pizzino. The contents are revealed today by La Repubblicawhich makes it known that in the most important note handwritten by the number 1 boss of Cosa Nostra it appears that Messina Denaro had no intention of wanting a funeral in church. "I reject every religious celebration because it is made up of unclean men who live in hatred and sin", writes the boss in the pizzino, found by the ROS carabinieri in the boss' hideout in Campobello di Mazara after his arrest on 16 January. The boss continues in the note: "It is not those who proclaim themselves the soldiers of God who can decide and execute my lifeless body, they will not be the ones who refuse my funeral." Words that Messina Denaro wrote well before his capture, and even before discovering that he was suffering from cancer. The pizzino dates back, in fact, to May 2013,

«My relationship with God is pure, not politicized»
«The relationship with God is personal, he doesn't want intermediaries and above all he doesn't want any earthly executor. Anathemas are human expressions, certainly not of those who are only spirit and forgiveness", wrote the boss. Hence the decision: «It is I who, in full conscience and science, reject all this because I believe that my relationship with faith is pure, spiritual and authentic, not contaminated and politicized. God will be my justice, my forgiveness, my spirituality. Anyone who dares to hunt and deem my person unworthy like today doesn't know that he will never have the chance to do so because I don't allow it, I won't give him the chance." Meanwhile, Messina Denaro's clinical conditions continue to worsen. And in Castelvetrano everything is already ready for his funeral: the tomb has been placed next to his father Francesco, known as "Don Ciccio", also a former fugitive who was found after his death already dressed for the funeral.

Re: Matteo Messina Denaro undergoes surgery! - 09/24/23 06:07 PM

The last wishes of Matteo Messina Denaro: «I don't want religious funeral from this corrupt Church»
SEPTEMBER 24, 2023 - 08:21
by Editorial Staff

The boss at the end of his life, the "testament" appears in a pizzino from 10 years ago: «I reject every religious celebration made up of unclean men who live in hatred and sin»

The last wishes of Matteo Messina Denaro appear , the boss one step away from death after entering an irreversible coma due to the advanced colon cancer that has gripped him for some time. An anomalous will, that of Messina Denaro, but in line with the identity of the super-boss: it is in fact contained in a pizzino. The contents are revealed today by La Repubblicawhich makes it known that in the most important note handwritten by the number 1 boss of Cosa Nostra it appears that Messina Denaro had no intention of wanting a funeral in church. "I reject every religious celebration because it is made up of unclean men who live in hatred and sin", writes the boss in the pizzino, found by the ROS carabinieri in the boss' hideout in Campobello di Mazara after his arrest on 16 January. The boss continues in the note: "It is not those who proclaim themselves the soldiers of God who can decide and execute my lifeless body, they will not be the ones who refuse my funeral." Words that Messina Denaro wrote well before his capture, and even before discovering that he was suffering from cancer. The pizzino dates back, in fact, to May 2013,

«My relationship with God is pure, not politicized»
«The relationship with God is personal, he doesn't want intermediaries and above all he doesn't want any earthly executor. Anathemas are human expressions, certainly not of those who are only spirit and forgiveness", wrote the boss. Hence the decision: «It is I who, in full conscience and science, reject all this because I believe that my relationship with faith is pure, spiritual and authentic, not contaminated and politicized. God will be my justice, my forgiveness, my spirituality. Anyone who dares to hunt and deem my person unworthy like today doesn't know that he will never have the chance to do so because I don't allow it, I won't give him the chance." Meanwhile, Messina Denaro's clinical conditions continue to worsen. And in Castelvetrano everything is already ready for his funeral: the tomb has been placed next to his father Francesco, known as "Don Ciccio", also a former fugitive who was found after his death already dressed for the funeral.

He is done, i don't think he will get to see new year.

Re: Matteo Messina Denaro undergoes surgery! - 09/24/23 06:27 PM

He probably could've died a fugitive, but didn't want to. It's looking more and more to me like he turned himself in.

Re: Matteo Messina Denaro undergoes surgery! - 09/24/23 07:43 PM

He probably could've died a fugitive, but didn't want to. It's looking more and more to me like he turned himself in.

He said to his friends he would commit suicide, but he wanted also to make peace with daughter, that has happened. His family can't visit him anymore. He will die in the coming days.

Re: Matteo Messina Denaro undergoes surgery! - 09/24/23 07:52 PM

Cosa Nostra will be without a leader.

Re: Matteo Messina Denaro undergoes surgery! - 09/24/23 07:56 PM

Lol, if he's been in that shape they've already been without a leader for a while now. The Mafia is not Matteo Messina Denaro, and Matteo Messina Denaro is not the Mafia. Cosa Nostra will always survive.

Re: Matteo Messina Denaro undergoes surgery! - 09/24/23 08:27 PM

I am sure that is what happened , back in November 2022 Boiardo said: "May a little gift arrive?...Maybe, let's assume, that a Matteo Messina Denaro is very ill and makes a deal to surrender himself to make a sensational arrest?" . He also said that it would happen on a "special date" , the same date that Riina was arrested. There is no way he knew all that and that is all coincidence

Re: Matteo Messina Denaro undergoes surgery! - 09/24/23 08:50 PM

Lol, if he's been in that shape they've already been without a leader for a while now. The Mafia is not Matteo Messina Denaro, and Matteo Messina Denaro is not the Mafia. Cosa Nostra will always survive.

He was not the boss of bosses, but he was the face of Cosa Nostra for many years many young guys idolised him!

Re: Matteo Messina Denaro undergoes surgery! - 09/24/23 09:52 PM

He was not the boss of bosses, but he was the face of Cosa Nostra for many years many young guys idolised him!

Very true , he was not boss of bosses but his word was very respected and often final on a lot of important decisions.

Re: Matteo Messina Denaro undergoes surgery! - 09/24/23 11:13 PM

I just don't want this to turn into one of those "It's the end of the mob" spills as so often happens when a major figure dies or goes to prison. Happens every time never fails. Many people out there think that the mob died when they put Gotti away, but can't even tell you about the guys who came after him, like Frank Cali, Domenico Cefalu, Lorenzo Mannino, etc. The public at large never even heard of them.

Re: Matteo Messina Denaro undergoes surgery! - 09/24/23 11:56 PM

I just don't want this to turn into one of those "It's the end of the mob" spills as so often happens when a major figure dies or goes to prison. Happens every time never fails. Many people out there think that the mob died when they put Gotti away, but can't even tell you about the guys who came after him, like Frank Cali, Domenico Cefalu, Lorenzo Mannino, etc. The public at large never even heard of them.

Him dying is not the end of it Riina died, Provenzano died but his death could bring a crisis within Cosa Nostra.

Re: Matteo Messina Denaro undergoes surgery! - 09/25/23 12:42 AM

I doubt it, I'd say that they've grown used to his absence. He's practically already dead.
Posted By: marbella

Re: Matteo Messina Denaro undergoes surgery! - 09/25/23 02:18 AM

RIP Matteo Messina Denaro

Translated with Google from Corriere:

Matteo Messina Denaro died today from the consequences of stage four colon cancer. The mafia boss of Castelvetrano was in the inmate ward of the San Salvatore hospital in L'Aquila. The arrest, after 30 years on the run, dates back to January this year .

He lost his challenge to the state by just eight months, but he lost it. Eight months spent in "hard prison", in the cell of the L'Aquila penitentiary and then in that of the city hospital, due to the tumor that had caused his capture on January 16th and has now killed him.

" You took me for the illness, without it you wouldn't have taken me ", he had said in a provocative tone to the Palermo prosecutor de Lucia and his deputy Paolo Guido, in the February interrogation, after the arrest. "In the meantime we have taken it", replied the prosecutor in kind, claiming the final result of a match played by Matteo Messina Denaro to die in hiding like his father Francesco, the Castelvetrano boss wanted since 1990 and returned as a corpse to the State and its family members in 1998.

His son Matteo, who inherited his legacy as mafia boss , wanted to emulate him in this too and remained a fugitive for almost thirty years. Not a record, because for example Bernardo Provenzano was arrested 43 years after the first arrest order, but he remained the only boss at large among those convicted for the massacres of 1992 and 1993 : Giovanni Falcone and his wife, Paolo Borsellino , the escort agents and then the innocent victims killed and injured between Florence, Milan and Rome.

A defeat that the State could not accept, and which it managed to avoid with the last move, ensuring that the elusive godfather of Castelvetrano spent at least the final stretch of his life in prison. Without getting anything from him other than the proud display of not wanting to repent .

"I have never slandered anyone and I will die without slandering anyone , this is Messina Denaro", he proclaimed before judge Alfredo Montalto in another judicial face-to-face, a month after the arrest. "I will never be sorry" , he had anticipated three days earlier to the prosecutors, with the prosecutor De Lucia ready to take up the challenge: "I understood it, but did I ask you to collaborate?". "No". "So?". "I have to thank her because you kept your word, she saw me and said "I will be treated", and I said thank you, and it was true." Until his last breath, with the National Health Service taking care of himboth as a wanted man, when he was operated on and subjected to specialist therapies under a false name, and as a prisoner, finally accepting the mafioso's request not to be resuscitated in the event of a coma.

In recent times, however, when he realized that the sand in the hourglass was running out, the mafia boss began to make demands, insisting on having everything he was entitled to according to his own interpretation of laws and regulations; no longer the haughty and proud boss, but an ordinary prisoner who sees the end .

In the writings entrusted to a sort of diary found in his hideout in Campobello di Mazara (notebooks full of thoughts and words elaborated over the years), he had noted among other things: «I have always thought it would be nice to know when my last night on earth rather than get hit by a car or something." Better a conscious and somewhat expected death than a sudden and unexpected one. Perhaps to have time to say goodbye to the family , which has always been central to Messina Denaro's life. With whom he finally wanted to join his daughter Lorenza , whom he had in hiding but never met before the capture , who after the talks behind barshe asked and obtained to bear his father's surname .

Family of blood but also of mafia , in which almost no one remained immune from investigations or arrests. Apart from the patriarch who managed to avoid prison, Matteo's only brother and two out of four of Matteo's sisters, four out of four brothers-in-law, and then nephews, cousins ??and various relatives have passed through a cell (or still are there): all under investigation for complicity with Cosa Nostra and for having protected the fugitive of the heir whose photo they keep in their homes next to that of the deceased founder.

Matteo, on the other hand, was alive and impregnable , with the entire family dedicated to ensuring that he remained so. They succeeded until one of the sisters, Rosalia , unknowingly offered the ROS carabinieri the route to the La Maddalena clinic in Palermo, with that piece of paper hidden inside the leg of a chair where she had transcribed the medical records of her sick brother. There she shattered the mission of the boss and his family unit, sacrificed to guarantee the impregnability of the mafia boss of the province of Trapani.

Role that Messina Denaro has covered without confusing it with that of "boss of bosses" of Cosa Nostra already occupied by Riina , indeed stepping out when the other bosses asked him to reconstitute the Dome, perhaps fearing the outbreak of conflicts (including armed ones) that he no longer wanted to face.

Despite having remained a faithful ally of the Corleonesi - in the mafia wars fought in the 1980s and early 1990s, as well as in the terrorist strategy deployed with the attacks of '92 and '93, where he was first a soldier and then a strategist - Matteo 'is in fact subsequently aligned with the "submersion" strategy adopted by Bernardo Provenzano , after the arrest of Riina and his most faithful followers.

The godfather of Castelvetrano had a relationship with the other Corleonese boss marked by respect and cordiality , as can be read in the obsequious but proud letters in which he asked for his intervention to resolve issues between opposing clans; although in interrogations he denied ever knowing him "visually", that is, in person, but only through TV. Putting forward a rather surreal version to justify the correspondence where he and Provenzano talked about business , as if he had been forced to turn to a near-stranger: «When you lead a certain type of life, I am a fugitive accused of mafia, he is a fugitive accused of mafia , where we go?".

Matteo Messina Denaro died with several life sentences on his shoulders , inflicted on him for at least fourteen murders plus massacres , but until the end he maintained that he only knew about the mafia from the newspapers. As real mafiosi have always done. Admitting only that his only goal was to make money. Moving between Italy and abroad, where he said he went often starting from 2006, after Provenzano's arrest and the discovery of the pizzini that he had sent him. Written on the computer. That computer that the investigators are still looking for , not being satisfied with the accounting of current expenses jotted down on the sheets spread by him and his sister. But the mafia boss denied ever having used it; as well ashe denied having the availability of other hideouts besides those discovered (which magistrates and investigators continue to search for: the most important and secret papers must be kept there which probably guaranteed him protection during such a long absence, which only ended due to illness ). However, adding: "If I had these things, I would never give them, it doesn't make sense for my type of mentality."

Like money. Where did he hide them? How did he invest them, and through whom? “If I have something I don't say it, it would be stupid,” he replied to the judge. Secrets destined to remain secrets, perhaps even more so now that the boss is dead.

Is it true that he had Riina's archive with him , brought to safety from the hideout which was not searched after the arrest in January '93 by other mafiosi who took care to paint the walls to prevent fingerprints from being taken? It is another question that has not been answered, not even after the capture of Messina Denaro. If that archive exists and he kept it, it will now be even more difficult to find it. The boss continued to deny everything, but always in his own way. Telling the prosecutors that he is not a mafia member but that he "knows the mentality of the mafiosi" because of the environment where he was born and raised; if he had been - he added - in his house the investigators would not have found the "pizzini" that they are still working on and which have already led to some arrests, but "only the prints on the wall and the furniture". As happened in '93 in Riina's hideout, precisely. «So you know something about painting walls before and after the arrests?», the investigators tried to frame him, trying to glean something about that still mysterious affair. «No, I don't know anything», he immediately shut up.

A way to speak without saying anything , remaining the custodian of the mafia's secrets - about the excellent crimes, the massacres, the relationships with politics and power, the protections it enjoyed - even after losing the challenge with the State . Even for the only eight months of life he had left.

https://www.corriere.it/cronache/23...228172-509d-11ee-a355-a30027630bcd.shtml

Re: Matteo Messina Denaro undergoes surgery! - 09/25/23 09:05 AM

Thanks for the info.

Re: Matteo Messina Denaro undergoes surgery! - 09/25/23 10:24 AM

Funny thing – at least in my amateurish mind – is that if Matteo was not the boss of bosses – who is it then? As we may recall boss of bosses Provenzano was arrested in 2006 and died 10 years later. Now all of the sudden prosecutor Maurizio de Lucia is running around yelling that Matteo was never the boss of bosses. Well, assuming that the Cosa Nostra rules he's referring to are correct and absolute then I suppose it's true: Matteo could not be the boss of bosses. However, in that case we must now ask at least the following: 1) who is the boss of bosses?, 2) why haven't we heard about him – ever?, 3) is there a warrant for arrest for this mysterious boss of bosses?

For some reason prosecutor Maurizio de Lucia himself seems to be vague about this. Or how should we interpret "was not technically" in this context? I cannot help but think that this is just some kind of odd psychological mumbo-jumbo aimed at Matteo's glorification – particularly among younger dudes in Trapani area – the authorities have been so concerned about.

Translated with Google from De Telegraaf:

'However, according to prosecutor Maurizio de Lucia, Messina Denaro was not the highest-ranking man within the infamous mafia clan. “He was not technically the head of Cosa Nostra. According to the rules of the Cosa Nostra, it must always come from the province of Palermo. Corleone is also part of the province of Palermo.”

In conversation with De Telegraaf, De Lucia did not want to say who that head is and whether there is a successor to Messina Denaro. “There are several people who could take his place and we are working on them.”'

https://www.telegraaf.nl/nieuws/636...s-liet-slachtoffers-in-zoutzuur-oplossen

Re: Matteo Messina Denaro undergoes surgery! - 09/25/23 10:30 AM

Originally Posted by marbella
Funny thing – at least in my amateurish mind – is that if Matteo was not the boss of bosses – who is it then? As we may recall boss of bosses Provenzano was arrested in 2006 and died 10 years later. Now all of the sudden prosecutor Maurizio de Lucia is running around yelling that Matteo was never the boss of bosses. Well, assuming that the Cosa Nostra rules he's referring to are correct and absolute then I suppose it's true: Matteo could not be the boss of bosses. However, in that case we must now ask at least the following: 1) who is the boss of bosses?, 2) why haven't we heard about him – ever?, 3) is there a warrant for arrest for this mysterious boss of bosses?

For some reason prosecutor Maurizio de Lucia himself seems to be vague about this. Or how should we interpret "was not technically" in this context? I cannot help but think that this is just some kind of odd psychological mumbo-jumbo aimed at Matteo's glorification – particularly among younger dudes in Trapani area – the authorities have been so concerned about.

Translated with Google from De Telegraaf:

'However, according to prosecutor Maurizio de Lucia, Messina Denaro was not the highest-ranking man within the infamous mafia clan. “He was not technically the head of Cosa Nostra. According to the rules of the Cosa Nostra, it must always come from the province of Palermo. Corleone is also part of the province of Palermo.”

In conversation with De Telegraaf, De Lucia did not want to say who that head is and whether there is a successor to Messina Denaro. “There are several people who could take his place and we are working on them.”'

https://www.telegraaf.nl/nieuws/636...s-liet-slachtoffers-in-zoutzuur-oplossen

Is there a real boss of bosses today at all? Maybe there is only a nominal chairman of the commission without the absolute power Toto' Riina had. Or, even if there really still is a boss of bosses, he probably is indeed from the Palermo province, it has always been the most powerful one, even more than Trapani (Matteo Messina Denaro is from the Trapani province).

Several years ago, it was said that Settimo Mineo was the new boss of the Palermo province, but he is in jail now, I think.

Re: Matteo Messina Denaro undergoes surgery! - 09/25/23 11:03 AM

Yeah, who knows what the truth is.

Regarding Settimo the stories are mainly nonsensical. For example, in this article, Bernardo Provenzano is not mentioned at all and it's as if Toto Riina would've been the boss of bosses even after his arrest until his death. If that was the case, what then was the role of Provenzano? And how did Toto run Cosa Nostra from prison after his arrest in January 1993 where he was under 41-bis restrictions? Exactly.

https://www.agi.it/cronaca/mafia_arresto_settimo_mineo-4701003/news/2018-12-04/

Re: Matteo Messina Denaro undergoes surgery! - 09/25/23 11:37 AM

Toto Riina must have still had some power, because the government still feared him even in 41-bis. Anyone who can make the big bad government tremble has my respect to be honest. The government already gets the upper hand enough.

Re: Matteo Messina Denaro undergoes surgery! - 09/25/23 11:54 AM

Toto Riina was some type of "replica" of the old Mafiosi and the old "partisan" ideology, meaning he was against the government system and its representatives. But the problem is that he was born in the wrong time period because Sicily was already free part of Italy under Rome's government, meaning he killed government people who were already backed and loved by the ordinary Sicilian citizen. If Riina was born back in the 18th or 19th century and executed all of the killings of foreign occupators or Italian political traitors, today he was going to be regarded as hero.

Re: Matteo Messina Denaro undergoes surgery! - 09/25/23 12:18 PM

Perhaps you're right. Maybe it's the American government I wish he could've terrorized lol. Or the Globalists out there today.

Re: Matteo Messina Denaro undergoes surgery! - 09/25/23 12:27 PM

Funny thing – at least in my amateurish mind – is that if Matteo was not the boss of bosses – who is it then?

No one, only Toto Riina was boss of bosses and he single-handedly dealt with all important stuff. No one before or after him was boss of bosses. Provenzano and Matteo had very important roles , being the "faces of the mafia" , powerful people that manage to be on the run for 30+ years. Their words were very respected and often final on a lot of stuff , but they were never boss of bosses like Riina was.

Re: Matteo Messina Denaro undergoes surgery! - 09/25/23 12:32 PM

Few years ago Matteo ordered a hit on Nino Di Matteo , he said same people who wanted Falcone & Borselino dead requested it and it had to be done , explosives were sent from Calabria , but informant managed to tell police about plans and they found explosives and arrested a few people. Also Trapani mafia is very powerful , a lot of masonic lodges there too.

Re: Matteo Messina Denaro undergoes surgery! - 09/25/23 01:45 PM

Thanks for the correct information! That being said, this must be one of the biggest fake-news-scandals in the world. The whole world is full of disinformation about Provenzano's status as boss of bosses. Even books have been written with that title! Oh my god... This pisses me off... Wondering if we could get all this false information corrected just by referring the journalists and authors to the correct info here at gangsterbb.net... Here's few examples:

“Bernardo Provenzano, Sicilian Mafia ‘boss of bosses,’ dies at 83”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...2-49d7-11e6-acbc-4d4870a079da_story.html

“He was later called the Accountant, for his mastery of the mob’s finances and, after he became the boss of the Sicilian Cosa Nostra clans in 1993, his relatively conciliatory regime, during which there were fewer bloody bombings and a shift from narcotics to white-collar crime.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/14/...ses-of-sicilian-mafia-is-dead-at-83.html

“E’ morto Bernardo Provenzano. Il boss dei boss era malato da tempo”

https://palermo.repubblica.it/cronaca/2016/07/13/news/morto_bernardo_provenzano-143975280/

“Boss of Bosses: How Bernado Provenzano Saved the Mafia”

https://www.amazon.com/Boss-Bosses-Bernado-Provenzano-Saved/dp/071956848X

“Bernardo Provenzano (Italian pronunciation: [ber?nardo proven?tsa?no]; 31 January 1933 – 13 July 2016)[1] was an Italian mobster and chief of the Sicilian Mafia clan known as the Corleonesi, a Mafia faction that originated in the town of Corleone, and de facto the boss of bosses ("il capo dei capi”).”

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bernardo_Provenzano

Re: Matteo Messina Denaro undergoes surgery! - 09/25/23 04:32 PM

Messina Denaro will be buried in the family tomb in Castelvetrano

https://www.ansa.it/sito/videogalle...fa9c031-4d2c-4a24-b821-02d816b1cbe3.html

Re: Matteo Messina Denaro undergoes surgery! - 09/25/23 04:36 PM

Riina was the last head of the Commission/Cupola, so he was the last boss of bosses. After Riina Provenzano did rule Cosa Nostra, but the Cupola was defunct.

Re: Matteo Messina Denaro undergoes surgery! - 09/25/23 04:40 PM

Riina was the last head of the Commission/Cupola, so he was the last boss of bosses. After Riina Provenzano did rule Cosa Nostra, but the Cupola was defunct.

There were some attempts to re-organize the commission on a provincial level, like Benedetto Capizzi did in 2008, or maybe Settimo Mineo in later years in the Palermo province, but the higher up inter-provincial commission with representatives from each province, maybe is really defunct.

Re: Matteo Messina Denaro undergoes surgery! - 09/25/23 04:43 PM

Originally Posted by Dwalin2011

There were some attempts to re-organize the commission on a provincial level, like Benedetto Capizzi did in 2008, or maybe Settimo Mineo in later years in the Palermo province, but the higher up inter-provincial commission with representatives from each province, maybe is really defunct.

I do believe it really is defunct but just a matter of time before they re-organize it. Sicilian mafia is gaining power in the last few years , especially after covid. This year we saw like 7-8 tons of cocaine seized near Sicily.

Re: Matteo Messina Denaro undergoes surgery! - 09/25/23 04:52 PM

In his last years on recorded conversations Riina was very annoyed by Messina Denaro, he felt he was not doing his job.

Re: Matteo Messina Denaro undergoes surgery! - 09/25/23 05:17 PM

In his last years on recorded conversations Riina was very annoyed by Messina Denaro, he felt he was not doing his job.

It was at that time Riina recieved a letter that said something like: "Shut that damn mouth.Remember that your family is free. We'll take care of the rest." Still wonder who sent it to him and told Riina to shut his mouth.

Re: Matteo Messina Denaro undergoes surgery! - 09/26/23 04:48 AM

Senile Toto on 41-bis restrictions whining that Matteo was not doing his job... I'm wondering what job was that? Did he perhaps wish for some bombings and massacres – instead of Matteo making billions with wind farms and Supermarket chains etc? Or did Toto have some even more lucrative ideas?

I cannot stop laughing about the 2018 Palermo Cupola disaster. How could they be so stupid? Then 80-year old Settimo (who had been in/out of jail for 20 years) elected as the head of "new" Cupola in May 2018. Well, 80-year old Settimo had that role for 6 months and then he was banged up again and now he will die in prison. Meanwhile a certain low level billionaire boss from Castelvetrano called Matteo was on the lists of Top 10 most wanted and the richest crims in the world.

PS. Anybody could send a letter to any prisoner in Italy. Different question is, of course, will they deliver it to the inmate. Indeed, I'll send a postcard to Settimo today. I'll put this cryptic message in it: "Greetings from Francavilla di Sicilia, Cupola my ass you idiot!" Who knows, maybe this too will turn up in media at some point and then here.

PS2. Just imagine how rich the real boss of bosses must be when a low level simpleton boss like Matteo was that rich. For example Settimo had one jewellery store and that was about it. Or perhaps Settimo is worth tens of billions, they just don't know it.

Re: Matteo Messina Denaro undergoes surgery! - 09/26/23 05:56 AM

Translated with Google:

The succession
Corriere della Sera explains that there are two legacies of Matteo Messina Denaro: the economic one and the mafia one. The most popular name of the heir is that of Francesco Guttadauro. He is the son of Filippo, who is under special surveillance under 41 bis after having served his sentence for having favoured the absconding of Messina Denaro, and of his sister Rosalia Messina Denaro. Francesco is the brother of the lawyer Lorenza. And he is Matteo's "favorite nephew". The Guttadauro’s belong to the Brancaccio district, governed until their arrest by the Graviano brothers .

Who is Francesco Guttadauro
Francesco Guttadauro is currently in prison serving a 16-year sentence. He could be released by the end of 2025, for the three-month bonus for each year spent in cell granted to all prisoners. A turncoat from the Bagheria clan, Stefano Lo Verso, described him as "very close" to Messina Denaro, who would have him "in his heart". Furthermore, the boss himself recently decided to speak only with Francesco’s sister the lawyer Lorenza Guttadauro. The economic legacy instead consists primarily of all Messina Denaro's investments in the province of Trapani and in Sicily.

The economic legacy
Family members could also claim a say in these investments. It is impossible to quantify them, but during the thirty-year hunt for the fugitive the ROS seized assets worth 4 billion euros. Other aspirants could be entrepreneurs doing business with him, mediators or mafia bosses who want to take his place in control of the Castelvetrano area and the province. 

The mystery of the keys
Messina Denaro is also thought to be the keeper of Totò Riina's secrets. This is because it was Toto himself who told Giovanni Brusca before being arrested: "If something were to happen to me, the picciotto know everything." Picciotto is Sicilian language and corresponds for Italian boy and low level member of Cosa Nostra. The picciotto’s Riina meant were Giuseppe Graviano and Matteo Messina Denaro. Riina also told Saro Naimo, a mafioso from the 1950s with many contacts in America, that Don Ciccio's son had his papers and would be his heir. In the last refuge in Campobello di Mazara, investigators found many keys. Without finding out which doors they open.

The poker player
Prosecutor Gabriele Paci told Giuseppe Pipitone today that Diabolik was above all "a poker player". One who had the ability to bluff by "playing on multiple tables". And again: «After the arrest they were all surprised when they discovered that in the hospital the boss had established relationships based on a strong sense of humanity with the doctors and other patients. But he always had this chameleon-like ability to bluff so that others couldn't even imagine what his true nature was."

Matteo Messina Denaro «first took part in the massacres, embodying the spirit of Riina and participating in the war against the State. Thanks to this he became a high-ranking mafioso when he was still very young. But then, when the time was right, he left the massacres alone and started doing what Provenzano said, that is, the business mafia. He became a submerged man whose traces were lost for almost 30 years. And certainly, now we can say, I don't think that for 30 years he took selfies with nurses."

Riina and wind turbines
Paci recalls that in the 2012 prison wiretaps, Riina defined Messina Denaro as someone who had grown up on his lap . But then he scolded him because he was doing business with wind turbines. Instead of continuing with his strategy of war on the state. And precisely this, according to the Palermo prosecutor, is today the mystery of Messina Denaro. That he knew the instigators of the bombs against the artistic heritage of 1993. And that he could also know why at a certain point the massacres end: «I don't know if we will ever be able to have historical certainty of how things went. However, there is certainly space to move forward." [Linked Image]

Re: Matteo Messina Denaro undergoes surgery! - 09/26/23 11:55 AM

Lorenza Guttadauro is daughter of Filippo Guttadauro and Rosalia Messina Denaro, Filippo Guttadauro is high ranking member of Castelvetrano family, she is also niece of Giuseppe 'The Doctor' Guttadauro mafia boss of Brancaccio mandamento and ex primary of Palermo hospita, he is a surgeon. The Doctor Guttadauro was caught on tape saying mafia funded 2001 election campaign of President of the Sicilian region Salvatore Cuffaro. Guttadauro learned that his home was bugged from another doctor, that doctor was tipped off by Salvatore Cuffaro himself, Cuffaro was sentenced to 5 years in prison later. Carlo Guttadauro a capodecina of Bagheria family.Guttadauro's are one of the most powerful families in Sicilian mafia. They are for sure on top, but they are very low key.

Re: Matteo Messina Denaro undergoes surgery! - 09/26/23 03:01 PM

Lorenza Guttadauro is daughter of Filippo Guttadauro and Rosalia Messina Denaro, Filippo Guttadauro is high ranking member of Castelvetrano family, she is also niece of Giuseppe 'The Doctor' Guttadauro mafia boss of Brancaccio mandamento and ex primary of Palermo hospita, he is a surgeon. The Doctor Guttadauro was caught on tape saying mafia funded 2001 election campaign of President of the Sicilian region Salvatore Cuffaro. Guttadauro learned that his home was bugged from another doctor, that doctor was tipped off by Salvatore Cuffaro himself, Cuffaro was sentenced to 5 years in prison later. Carlo Guttadauro a capodecina of Bagheria family.Guttadauro's are one of the most powerful families in Sicilian mafia. They are for sure on top, but they are very low key.

Yeah! Just imagine if they weren't so low key what would this chart look like[Linked Image]

Re: Matteo Messina Denaro undergoes surgery! - 09/26/23 03:09 PM

Thanks for all of the cool info guys

Re: Matteo Messina Denaro undergoes surgery! - 09/26/23 03:15 PM

Yeah! Just imagine if they weren't so low key what would this chart look like

This is not even a complete chart. Giuseppe 'The Doctor' Guttadauro is also a freemason, last year he was asked to help a wife of another freemason settle her 16$ million dispute with UniCredit bank in Rome.

Re: Matteo Messina Denaro undergoes surgery! - 09/26/23 04:06 PM

Not complete chart? What's missing? In any event, my apologies brother, assumed that it was accurate enough for this forum as that chart was not made by me but by the Italian cops and prosecutors in January this year:

https://www.osappoggi.it/matteo-messina-denaro-come-beffare-il-41-bis-con-lavvocato-di-famiglia/

Also that "Unicredit"-matter did not happen last year. It happened more than half a decade ago in 2018:

Translated with Google:

"The 16 million of the wealthy Roman woman, married to a university professor

The episode would have taken place in January 2018 and the boss would not have hesitated to resort to forceful measures if it had been necessary also against the former minister Mario Baccini who, together with a state councilor, Eugenio Mele , would have, according to him, hindered the interests of the Roman lady."

https://www.palermotoday.it/cronaca...io-ministro-baccini-intercettazioni.html

Low key Guttadauro family member Giuseppe was arrested together with his son Mario Carlo in February last year. They were convicted in May this year. Giuseppe got 5 years and Mario Carlo 8 years.

https://livesicilia.it/palermo-mafia-sentenza-guttadauro/

Re: Matteo Messina Denaro undergoes surgery! - 09/26/23 04:11 PM

"The episode would have taken place" no it's "The episode took place" I hate Google translate.

Re: Matteo Messina Denaro undergoes surgery! - 09/26/23 04:27 PM

"The episode would have taken place" no it's "The episode took place" I hate Google translate.

I love Google translate it is what it is but better than nothing. And no, at that time they didn't want to say that something happened definitely as they were mere allegations. So I guess the more correct way to put it would be "The episode took place allegedly"

Re: Matteo Messina Denaro undergoes surgery! - 09/26/23 04:48 PM

No, they always say it like that. Let's say Joe Blow for sure got killed in 1984, Google translate says, "Joe Blow would have been killed in 1984," doesn't matter if it was alleged or for sure happened or not. Be nice if this stuff made it to the English papers more often, just not the Daily Mail because they suck.

Re: Matteo Messina Denaro undergoes surgery! - 09/26/23 09:22 PM

Not complete chart? What's missing? In any event, my apologies brother, assumed that it was accurate enough for this forum as that chart was not made by me but by the Italian cops and prosecutors in January this year:

The chart is great , but i made the mistake. I thought chart is supposed to represent whole Guttadauro family.

Re: Matteo Messina Denaro undergoes surgery! - 09/26/23 09:40 PM

Giuseppe Guttadauro
Giuseppe Guttadauro (born August 18, 1948 in Bagheria, Palermo province of Italy) is an Italian Mafia boss and a high-profile surgeon from the Rocella neighbourhood in Palermo.[1] Born in Bagheria, he became the regent of the Brancaccio mandamento after the arrest and subsequent incarceration of the Mafia boss Gaspare Spatuzza in 1998.

According to Antonino Giuffrè, a pentito collaborating with the state, Guttadauro was an ally of Bernardo Provenzano in his attempts to reverse his former ally Totò Riina’s strategy of violence against the Italian state. “To initiate the process of remodeling the image of Cosa Nostra,” Giuffrè explained, “Guttadauro made contacts in business and started a debate on how best to apply peacefully the process of silent reconstruction of Cosa Nostra.”[2]

Guttadauro’s grand Palermo villa served as a meeting point for both mafiosi and the people that counted in public life. According to prosecutor Roberto Scarpinato: “… first of all members of the military Mafia would come to receive instructions regarding protection rackets, drug trafficking, and other crimes. Then, almost as if Guttadauro was doing a double shift, members of the city’s bourgeoisie would arrive, including doctors, lawyers, and politicians. These would fine-tune regional and national political strategies that were invariably designed to subjugate public institutions to the predatory interests of the friends of friends. This was achieved by bloodless, but effective, methods involving financial backing and collective resources of every type.”[3]

Guttadauro also had business acumen. He planned the vast development of a shopping centre and multiplex in Brancaccio, selling his own land, but making sure he would be the guarantor for protection of the site. This way he could guarantee the employment of a significant amount of mafiosi.[2]

Re: Matteo Messina Denaro undergoes surgery! - 09/27/23 04:36 AM

Matteo is back on Sicilian soil after traveling all night through Italy and taking the regular ferry from San Giovanni to Messina. Within few hours his remains will be placed next to his father Don Ciccio's.

Translated with Google:

Matteo Messina Denaro's coffin passed through Messina. On its journey to Castelvetrano, along a secret route, the funeral car and the convoy of law enforcement officers arrived at Villa San Giovanni last night, boarded the Caronte & Tourist ship ELIO at 4 this morning and then disembark at 4.20 at the San Francesco harbor. As soon as the car with the mortal remains of the mafia boss on board disembarked, it headed towards the Giostra junction in the direction of Palermo.

https://www.vocedipopolo.it/2023/09/27/foto-il-feretro-di-matteo-messina-denaro-passato-per-messina/

[Linked Image]

Re: Matteo Messina Denaro undergoes surgery! - 09/27/23 04:46 AM

This will be Matteo's final resting place in Castelvetrano.

[Linked Image]

Re: Matteo Messina Denaro undergoes surgery! - 09/27/23 06:30 AM

Matteos body arrives at the cemetery at AM 08.10. All entrances and streets are blocked by the police. Few family members present. It will all be over within an hour.[Linked Image]

Re: Matteo Messina Denaro undergoes surgery! - 09/27/23 02:29 PM

clap

Translated with Google:

The 3 nuns who wanted to pray for Messina Denaro at the hospital: "They sent us away"

They arrived at the morgue before the autopsy, they couldn't enter. "It is right to deny a religious funeral, but every soul has the right to be saved"

Mother Donatella, Sister Emanuela and Sister Teresa Benedetta, the youngest of the three, Benedictine nuns from the monastery of Saints Cosma and Damiano di Tagliacozzo, arrived at the San Salvatore hospital in L'Aquila around 11am. Cosmas and Damian are the patron saints of doctors and pharmacists and the three of them chose the very day on which the Church celebrates them, September 26, for an eye examination. In fact, Mother Donatella, the superior of the convent, a native of Pescara, has a problem in her eyes. So they asked the bishop for permission in advance to go out and now here they are, punctual at the check-in desk. After an hour they leave. The visit went well, even if Mother Donatella wipes her suffering eye with a handkerchief.

However, they confess to having made a detour before heading towards the exit: ”We went to the morgue” – says Mother Donatella. ”We knew that Matteo Messina Denaro's body was there and we wanted to pray for him, despite everything. But the police didn't let us in."

They are disappointed, they didn't know that an autopsy was scheduled on the body of the Cosa Nostra boss and that the hospital remained under lockdown for almost two months, that is, since the boss was operated in August. He underwent surgery here for an intestinal obstruction and they admitted him to the inmate ward where he remained until the other night when he died at 1.57 am.

”Yes, it's true, we wanted to pray in front of the body - confirms Sister Emanuela, the smallest of the three, born in Ascoli. We know very well who he was and the crimes he committed but he is still a child of God."

“He was denied a religious funeral, that's fine” – concludes Sister Teresa Benedetta, from Rome, with a white veil compared to the other two. ”But remember that every soul has the right to be saved."

[Linked Image]

Re: Matteo Messina Denaro undergoes surgery! - 09/28/23 12:35 AM

Giovanna and Beatrice, sisters of Messina Denaro, at the Castelvetrano cemetery, where he was buried this Wednesday.

https://static1.ara.cat/clip/8e91d454-2ae5-4bdf-8af9-b46ddaf4c57e_source-aspect-ratio_775w_0.webp

Both play an important role in Cosa Nostra.

Re: Matteo Messina Denaro undergoes surgery! - 09/28/23 01:36 AM

Business, notables and professionals: in the intertwining between the Trapani mafia and freemasonry is the key to the Messina Denaro safe. Falcone and Borsellino, marked a profound difference between the Palermo mafia and the Trapani one: the first, they said, was the military one, the second the economic one.

Re: Matteo Messina Denaro undergoes surgery! - 09/28/23 08:16 AM

Business, notables and professionals: in the intertwining between the Trapani mafia and freemasonry is the key to the Messina Denaro safe. Falcone and Borsellino, marked a profound difference between the Palermo mafia and the Trapani one: the first, they said, was the military one, the second the economic one.

Trapani mafia is very powerful , probably right after Palermo i would say , Catania is also up there but i would say Trapani is more powerful.

Re: Matteo Messina Denaro undergoes surgery! - 09/28/23 08:37 AM

Trapani mafia is very powerful , probably right after Palermo i would say , Catania is also up there but i would say Trapani is more powerful.

I read in some book (I think it was Salvatore Lupo's "History of the mafia", although I am not 100% sure), that Tommaso Buscetta said that, if we evaluate each province's power by a 10-point scale, then Palermo would be 10, Agrigento and Trapani 8, Caltanissetta 6 and Catania 4. Strange he didn't mention Enna, and I thought Trapani was more powerful than Agrigento, but he put them on the same level....

Re: Matteo Messina Denaro undergoes surgery! - 09/28/23 09:33 AM

I read in some book (I think it was Salvatore Lupo's "History of the mafia", although I am not 100% sure), that Tommaso Buscetta said that, if we evaluate each province's power by a 10-point scale, then Palermo would be 10, Agrigento and Trapani 8, Caltanissetta 6 and Catania 4. Strange he didn't mention Enna, and I thought Trapani was more powerful than Agrigento, but he put them on the same level....

Why did he rank Catania only 4? I would put Catania just under Palermo and Trapani , i guess he gave that rank somewhere in the late 80s or early 90s when it was under Santapaola's, when they were the most powerful. I guess today that rank would be higher because of 'Ndrangheta and drug trafficking going on there.

Re: Matteo Messina Denaro undergoes surgery! - 09/28/23 11:26 AM

Why did he rank Catania only 4? I would put Catania just under Palermo and Trapani , i guess he gave that rank somewhere in the late 80s or early 90s when it was under Santapaola's, when they were the most powerful. I guess today that rank would be higher because of 'Ndrangheta and drug trafficking going on there.

Probably it was an even earlier period he was referring to, the late 70s or first 80s, since he started collaborating with Falcone in 1984.

Re: Matteo Messina Denaro undergoes surgery! - 09/28/23 11:33 AM

Probably it was an even earlier period he was referring to, the late 70s or first 80s, since he started collaborating with Falcone in 1984.

You are probably right, that's why he ranked Caltanissetta so high, what is the status of mafia in Caltanissetta today?

Re: Matteo Messina Denaro undergoes surgery! - 09/28/23 11:45 AM

Whats going on today around Catania? I visited that area several times and it seems like a very quiet place (except for the Messina area, Giardini Naxos and Taormina) and almost no1 talks about the Mafia

Re: Matteo Messina Denaro undergoes surgery! - 09/28/23 11:57 AM

Originally Posted by Toodoped
Whats going on today around Catania? I visited that area several times and it seems like a very quiet place (except for the Messina area, Giardini Naxos and Taormina) and almost no1 talks about the Mafia

As a tourist you would never guess there is something there, i was on holiday in Sicily few years ago. But Catania & Messina are 'very hot'. Politicians are hand-to-hand with mafia , mayor of Messina was photographed few years ago with mafia members. A lot of activity there , in April this year police seized 2 tons of cocaine. A lot of arrests in Catania/Messina area, more than in Palermo in the last year.

Re: Matteo Messina Denaro undergoes surgery! - 09/28/23 12:00 PM

Why would you go to Sicily and talk about the Mafia? You can just watch the local news.

Re: Matteo Messina Denaro undergoes surgery! - 09/28/23 12:11 PM

Santapaola's & Cappello's are running things in Catania. You also have Mazzei's and the Laudani's , but Laudani's are like right-hand to Santapaola's.

Re: Matteo Messina Denaro undergoes surgery! - 09/28/23 04:35 PM

Thing with Catania is that Cosa Nostra had to deal with the Cursoti who were also very powerful but not part of Cosa Nostra.

The Cursoti clan is a criminal organization, originating from the city of Catania , which takes its name from the Antico Corso area , the place of origin of most of its affiliates. It became known in the 70s-80s for having had logistical and operational bases in Northern Italy ( Milan and Turin , especially), dismantled with the repentance of Salvatore Parisi (operating in Turin ) and Angelo Epaminonda known as the Theban (operating in Milan ) [1] .

Structure
The Cursoti clan is divided into two factions, historically at war with each other:

the first, called the Milanese Cursoti because it has a large group of subjects already operating in Milan , once coagulated around the bosses Luigi "Jimmy" Miano and Angelo Epaminonda known as the Theban . At this moment it is linked by alliance to the Cappello , Sciuto-Tigna and Piacenti clans known as Ceusi. The clan is currently led by brothers Francesco and Carmelo Di Stefano, appointed regents directly by Nuccio Miano following the death of his brother Jimmy, who died in 2005 [2] ;
the second, called the Cursoti of Catania , was led by Giuseppe Garozzo known as Pippo 'u maritatu, firmly linked to the clan historically headed by Santo Mazzei known as ' u Carcagnusu [3] .
History
In the 1970s in Catania the major exponents of organized crime, who also operated in Northern Italy , decided to "consortium" to counter the excessive power of the Cosa Nostra family headed by Giuseppe Calderone and Benedetto Santapaola who, together with their brother Nino (known as Ninu 'u Pazzu ), ordered a series of murders: some criminals who had had the "guilt" of robbing and extorting some entrepreneurs who had the "protection" of the Catania Cosa Nostra [4] were eliminated. Santapaola's opponents were Santo Mazzei ( U Carcagnusu ), Giuseppe Garozzo( U Maritatu ), Antonio Miano (Nuccio) and Luigi Miano (Jimmy). The summits took place in the Antico Corso district , hence their name Cursoti. The gang also had criminal cells in Milan and Turin . Corrado Manfredi was chosen as head of the clan. The investigators of the time described Manfredi as a "character not of very high criminal depth but capable of giving shape to the criminal group" [5] .

In the 70s and 80s the Cursoti were the protagonists of the crime news of many Northern Italian newspapers : Catania , Turin and Milan were bloodied by numerous murders and the Cursoti fire groups were called the "Indians", led by Angelo Epaminonda , who in 1979 were responsible for the famous massacre in Via Moncucco in Milan , at the "La witch" restaurant, in which eight people were killed [6] [7] . On 10 November 1979 , at the San Gregorio di Catania motorway toll booth, a Cursoti commando massacred the three carabinieri Giovanni Bellissima , Salvatore Marrara and Salvatore Bologna , who were escorting the prisoner Angelo Pavone (known as " Angel Face "), affiliated to the Mazzei clan, kidnapped and then found killed eleven days later [ 8] [9] . On 15 January 1982 the target was Manfredi: he was shot dead at the Canova hotel in Milan by Epaminonda 's "Indians" because he was becoming too close to their bitter enemy Santapaola [10] [11]. The murder created tensions among the bosses who aspired to become the new mafia boss. At that point the "criminal consortium" crumbled and three criminal groups still operating today were born: the "Carcagnusi" headed by Santo Mazzei, the "Cursoti Catanesi" with the leadership of Giuseppe Garozzo and the "Milanesi" with the bosses Antonio "Nuccio" Miano and his brother Luigi “Jimmy” Miano.

In 1984 , Epaminonda was captured thanks to the indications of his former wingman Salvatore Parisi (hitman of the Turin Cursoti who became a collaborator of justice) [12] and he also began to collaborate with the judge Francesco Di Maggio [13] [14] : the revelations of Epaminonda produced the maxi-blitz of 19 February 1985 with more than 179 arrest warrants [15] , which was followed by a maxi-trial (the first held in Milan ) which ended with heavy sentences [16] . In the same year, Parisi's declarations led to four hundred arrest warrants executed between Sicily and Piedmontand Lombardy , which induced many of those arrested (including the brothers Roberto and Francesco Miano, leaders of the Turin wing of the Cursoti nicknamed journalistically " clan of Catania ") to collaborate with justice [17] [18] : on the basis of the revelations of these "repentants", the Turin judiciary set up a maxi-trial with 198 defendants which lasted nineteen months, in which many were sentenced to life imprisonment [19] [20] [21] . Francesco Miano's collaboration with the justice system also made it possible to identify those responsible for the murder of the prosecutor Bruno Caccia ,[23] .

In 1991 a violent feud broke out, which pitted on one side the Catania Cursoti, led by Giuseppe Garozzo and Santo Mazzei and supported by the Laudani clan (and therefore by the Santapaola and Malpassoti families ), and on the other the Milanese, headed by Jimmy Miano and supported by the Cappello clan : the war caused over five hundred murders in about five years [1] [24] [25] [26] . In 1992 Mazzei became a full member of Cosa Nostra thanks to the interest of Totò Riina and Leoluca Bagarella, who gave him logistical support to assassinate Alfio Trovato, Jimmy Miano's right-hand man in Milan [27] . In October of the same year, on the orders of Riina and Bagarella, Mazzei placed an artillery piece in the Boboli Gardens in Florence , which did not explode but which he represented for the Court of Assizes of Florence - which in June 1998 judged Cosa 's ghota ours – “ prelude in a minor key to the massacre campaign of '93 ” [28] .

On 17 October 1993 , the investigation by the GICO of the Guardia di Finanza , coordinated by the District Anti-Mafia Directorate of Florence , led to the arrest of Jimmy Miano and other members of the Milanese Cursoti gang, who had their operational base at the car park in via Oreste Salomone in Milan , where they managed massive arms and drug trafficking together with exponents of the Stidda of Gela [29] through the corruption of members of the police force [30] [31] [32]. The GICO investigation caused a sensation because one of the "repentants" who contributed to the investigation, Salvatore Maimone, accused three policemen and some magistrates from the " Mani Pulite " pool (Alberto Nobili, Armando Spataro and Antonio Di Pietro ) of having "covered up " the activities of the fleet in exchange for money and gifts, accusations which later proved to be unfounded [33] [34] .

Re: Matteo Messina Denaro undergoes surgery! - 09/28/23 04:40 PM

Hollander what organization does the Cursoti clan belong to? Cosa Nostra, Stidda, or what?

Re: Matteo Messina Denaro undergoes surgery! - 09/28/23 04:52 PM

Hollander what organization does the Cursoti clan belong to? Cosa Nostra, Stidda, or what?

Cosa Nostra is the oldest, most traditional and most widespread manifestation of the
Sicilian Mafia, however other Sicilian Mafia groups not affiliated to Cosa Nostra also present a
threat at an EU level, largely because of their mobility and propensity for violence whilst
committing serious crimes (including armed robberies). These include the Stidda, Cursoti
and Laudani clans.

Re: Matteo Messina Denaro undergoes surgery! - 10/04/23 09:27 PM

Although he didn't really talk he did suggest there were others outside Cosa Nostra who wanted Falcone and Borsellino out of the way !

In that report of 7 July it almost seems that Messina Denaro provokes (" Were you magistrates satisfied that judge Falcone was killed because he had 15 life sentences given in the Maxi trial? ") by defining the Falcone massacre as " the most important thing, to where it originates... at least where everything originates from ." To Assistant Prosecutor Guido, who asked the boss to be more clear, the boss replied "the massacres, the input" . And then again in another passage: "Listen, doctor Guido, and see that what I am saying is the truth... all these, let's call them repentants, who have said, yes, some piece of truth, and have had trials carried out, all right, but everyone has brought grist to their own mill . And to do so they say things that may be real and coincide with what you are looking for or what interests you, so be it, right? But there are things, however, that, for example, no one has ever arrived at, because to me it seems a little simplistic to say that Falcone was killed due to the sentence of the Maxi trial. If you are happy with this, so be it, that's your business, but this isn't the starting point... I'm talking about big changes ."

Re: Matteo Messina Denaro undergoes surgery! - 10/04/23 09:39 PM

Messina Denaro had spent several moments in northern Italy with Giuseppe Graviano , already a fugitive at that time, and then personally involved in the massacre in Via d'Amelio. This means that Messina Denaro could not fail to know whether or not Graviano, during the period of the massacres, had had relations with the then entrepreneur Silvio Berlusconi. Now that he is dead, the answers to these facts, at least for believers, will have to be given to the eternal Father. In the meantime, however, there remains bitterness over yet another missed opportunity for the Palermo prosecutors to take a new step forward towards the truth.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET