Home

BGs ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’

Posted By: NYMafia

BGs ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 07/18/23 10:20 PM

We thought it would be fun and interesting to start up a brand new thread devoted exclusively to ancient Sicilian proverbs and life lessons taught to young mafiosi as they were coming up, as well as centuries old Chinese proverbs and other classic time-honored sayings and observations.

Through the centuries, wisemen (and wiseguys alike) have been conveying their thoughts and opinions about life’s experiences. Generation after generation, elders taught their young family members and loyal disciples these poignant phrases, which were designed to enlighten their students about man’s frailties, his vices and failings, as well as the human condition in general.

So, starting today, ButtonGuys will periodically post to ‘Wiseguy Wisdom Corner,’ and feature one or two time-honored proverbs and life lessons for your enjoyment.

Icons such as our very own 'Don' Calogero, Confucious, and others will share their age-old wisdom and advice with you.

We hope you enjoy these little gems just as much as we do. And who knows, maybe you too, will take away something beneficial from them.

And don’t forget to revisit this thread regularly to get your regular dose of ‘wiseguy wisdom’
-

For BG's very first proverb, 'Don' Calogero offers some sage advice...

[Translated from Italian] "My son, please remember, that there will always be certain people who will try to rain on your parade, simply because they're jealous of your sunshine, and so very tired of their shade!"

Re: ButtonGuys: ‘Wise Guy Wisdom Corner’ - 07/19/23 09:16 AM

Proverb of the day...

Confucious say, "Often, those who criticize others, unwittingly reveal, what they themselves lack"
Posted By: Toodoped

Re: ButtonGuys: ‘Wise Guy Wisdom Corner’ - 07/19/23 12:15 PM

Originally Posted by NYMafia
Proverb of the day...

Confucious say, "Often, those who criticize others, unwittingly reveal, what they themselves lack"

+1

Re: NEW: ButtonGuys ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 07/19/23 12:27 PM

Heres one Macedonian wisdom but its tough to explain in it in english but still ill try...

"Do not throw stones at the feces, because you'll get shit staines all over your clothes"

This means ignore all provocateurs and retards, because if you dont, you might fall down on their level grin

Re: NEW: ButtonGuys ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 07/19/23 01:46 PM

...heres another one...this time its Chinese...

"Better a diamond with a flaw, than a pebble without one"

Cheers

Re: NEW: ButtonGuys ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 07/19/23 01:48 PM

Originally Posted by Toodoped

Cheers

I like that one in particular...very poignant

Re: NEW: ButtonGuys ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 07/19/23 02:25 PM

Cheers

I like that one in particular...very poignant

Same thoughts here.

Re: NEW: ButtonGuys ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 07/19/23 08:18 PM

Confucious say...

'Behind every successful person lies a pack of haters. But they, in turn, should not be hated. To the contrary, one should bask in them...because their actions show you are successful"

Re: NEW: ButtonGuys ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 07/19/23 11:43 PM

“Those who project joy to others, receive joy in reward" - Confucious
-

AND THE LAST PROVERB FOR THE EVENING...

“There are three ways to achieve ultimate success: The first way is to be kind. The second way is to be kind. The third way is to be kind.”

WISE WORDS TO LIVE BY...

Re: NEW: ButtonGuys ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 07/20/23 09:30 PM

An old Italian proverb....
--
[Translated from Sicilian]

"Don Calogero" taught his beloved son Vito many life lessons. But one of the most important, that Vito always remembered, was this gem from his father's mouth,

"Figlio mio, listen to me. There will always be haters. And the more you grow successful, the more they hate. And the more they hate, the more successful you grow!"

Re: NEW: ButtonGuys ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 07/20/23 09:37 PM

Wise words for certain people to contemplate, no?

Re: NEW: ButtonGuys ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 07/21/23 10:06 AM

Confucius say...

"Haters are like little crickets. Crickets make a lot of noise, so will you hear them, but you never see them. Then, just when you get up close to them, they suddenly get real quiet."

Re: NEW: ButtonGuys ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 07/21/23 11:55 AM

Ain't that the truth!

Re: NEW: ButtonGuys ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 07/21/23 09:46 PM

This evening, 'Don' Calogero offers up a bit of mafioso-styled wisdom for the forum. He advises "Figlio mio, always remember that...

"Virtue, hard work and sincerity always comes to you proudly wearing a see-through veil. While vice, jealousy and duplicity always comes to you hiding behind a mask!"

Re: NEW: ButtonGuys ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 07/21/23 09:57 PM

This evening, 'Don' Calogero offers up a bit of mafioso-styled wisdom for the forum. He advises "Figlio mio, always remember that...

"Virtue, hard work and sincerity always comes to you proudly wearing a see-through veil. While vice, jealousy and duplicity always comes to you hiding behind a mask!"

Good one. Ill remember this one. Cheers

Re: NEW: ButtonGuys ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 07/21/23 10:16 PM

Good one. Ill remember this one. Cheers

Why, thank you TD. (and I suspect that a lot of other people will too)

Re: NEW: ButtonGuys ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 07/22/23 12:11 AM

Like the guy said, "They hate ya, cause they ain't ya!" - it's really that simply.

Re: NEW: ButtonGuys ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 07/22/23 12:21 AM

“Talent wins games. But teamwork and intelligence win championships.” — Michael Jordan

Re: NEW: ButtonGuys ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 07/22/23 12:24 AM

“If you’re not generating positive energy, then you’re generating negative energy.” - multimillionaire businessman and public figure Mark Cuban
Posted By: carmela

Re: NEW: ButtonGuys ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 07/22/23 12:36 AM

Like the guy said, "They hate ya, cause they ain't ya!" - it's really that simply.

In Sicilian, we say, "A gilusia e' na brutta bestia."

Re: NEW: ButtonGuys ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 07/22/23 12:46 AM

Originally Posted by carmela

In Sicilian, we say, "A gilusia e' na brutta bestia."

-

Concordo Carmela. Ma sfortunatamente, per alcune della disgrazie, la gelosia e l'invidia sono tutto ciò' che conoscono

Re: NEW: ButtonGuys ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 07/22/23 12:57 AM

Confucious say..."Enjoy and revel in your haters, because they're the ones who realize you are better than them!"

Re: NEW: ButtonGuys ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 07/22/23 05:29 AM

Here's another good ancient proverb....

"The enemy of my enemy is my friend"

Re: NEW: ButtonGuys ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 07/22/23 11:38 AM

Here's another good ancient proverb....

"The enemy of my enemy is my friend"

Yes, I've heard that one before. And I agree, its a very good proverb (an oh so true, lol)
Posted By: Lou_Para

Re: NEW: ButtonGuys ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 07/22/23 01:37 PM

Old French proverb:
A fool will always find a bigger fool to admire him.

Re: NEW: ButtonGuys ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 07/22/23 04:04 PM

Originally Posted by Lou_Para
Old French proverb:
A fool will always find a bigger fool to admire him.

How true is that? Lol

Good one Lou!

Re: NEW: ButtonGuys ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 07/22/23 08:54 PM

Heres one Italian...

"Traduttore, traditore"

Re: NEW: ButtonGuys ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 07/23/23 11:48 PM

A few words of inspiration for a quiet Sunday evening...
-

"Be so good at what you do, that they simply can't ignore you!"

Re: NEW: ButtonGuys ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 07/25/23 09:08 AM

Confucious say...

"Wish all your enemies and would-be detractors a very long life so they can witness all your success and happiness along the way!"

...and on that note, Confucious also say...

"Strive to be the one who builds a bridge of friendship and understanding, not one known for deepening the river and divide!"

Re: NEW: ButtonGuys ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 07/25/23 12:52 PM

"Don" Calogero, the wily old Sicilian consigliere, advises...

"If you become skillful enough at building bridges, you will never fall into the abyss."

Re: NEW: ButtonGuys ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 07/26/23 08:07 AM

A foolish man tells a woman to stop talking, but a wise man tells her that her mouth is extremely beautiful when her lips are closed.

Re: NEW: ButtonGuys ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 07/26/23 10:44 AM

A foolish man tells a woman to stop talking, but a wise man tells her that her mouth is extremely beautiful when her lips are closed.

That is wise. lol....and so true!

Re: NEW: ButtonGuys ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 07/26/23 11:05 AM

That is wise. lol....and so true!

I agree and even though that wisdom can be used not just about women but also in different other situations, still lets talk about females. I really dont understand the guys who are beating their wives or girlfriends, meaning one can very easily manipulate the situation by saying nice stuff about her, in the middle of the conflict and while you are "guilty" for something. At first most of them will reject you and this is were most guys should remain calm, since by the end of the day she will be the one who is going to come to you and say "amore mio" lol

Take it from me...that "streetwise motherfucker" named Toodoped grin

Re: NEW: ButtonGuys ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 07/26/23 11:05 AM

'Don' Calogero advises not "Far d’una mosca un elefante"

It's an old Italian proverb that essentially means the same as the phrase, "To make a mountain out of a molehill." in this case it translates from Italian, ‘To make an elephant out of a fly'

It is the recognition that someone is making a big deal out of something very small and insignificant, blowing it out of proportion – exaggerating the situation.

Re: NEW: ButtonGuys ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 07/26/23 06:27 PM

"Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain and most fools do!" - Benjamin Franklin

Re: NEW: ButtonGuys ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 07/27/23 08:03 AM

Food for the mind and soul...
-

"Being judged by others only represents and means that you've now become important enough that they take the time to think about you and talk about you." - Confucious

Re: NEW: ButtonGuys ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 07/28/23 07:22 AM

An old Italian proverb for this Friday morning...
-

'Don' Calogero, gives sage advice when he advises..."Meglio solo che male accompagnato!"

Which, translated from his native tongue simply means, 'Better alone than in bad company.’
-

A good life lesson to learn from a wise old mafioso.
Posted By: Jimmy_Two_Times

Re: NEW: ButtonGuys ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 07/28/23 09:45 AM

“In this life you gotta look out for number one. Just make sure you don’t step in number two.”

Re: NEW: ButtonGuys ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 07/28/23 09:48 AM

Originally Posted by Jimmy_Two_Times
“In this life you gotta look out for number one. Just make sure you don’t step in number two.”

LOL. Very wise words my friend. (it seems we've got ourselves a new prophet in town.) lol

Re: NEW: ButtonGuys ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 07/29/23 09:49 AM

Confucius say...

"It is better to fail in originality than to succeed in imitation."
--
One more thought provoking proverb for the day...

Confucius say...

"A mistake that makes you humble, is better than an achievement that makes you arrogant."

Re: NEW: ButtonGuys ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 07/29/23 06:47 PM

Don Calogero advises...

"A year from now, you will wish you had started today!"
Posted By: Turnbull

Re: NEW: ButtonGuys ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 07/29/23 10:03 PM

One from my old neighborhood in Brooklyn:

"Vhen der putz shtet, licht der sechel in drerd," which translates as:
"When the prick stands up,, the brains get buried in the ground."

Re: NEW: ButtonGuys ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 07/29/23 11:00 PM

Originally Posted by Turnbull
One from my old neighborhood in Brooklyn:

"Vhen der putz shtet, licht der sechel in drerd," which translates as:
"When the prick stands up,, the brains get buried in the ground."

I remember hearing something very similar to that in Yiddish from a very dear friend of ours.

He used to always say (I'll say it in English of course, lol), when you think with this head, the little head (as he pointed to his pecker), instead of the big head (as he pointed to his skull), you're always in trouble.

LOL. How true is that? Lol

Re: NEW: ButtonGuys ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 07/29/23 11:41 PM

The last proverb for this Saturday evening...
-

Confucius say...

"You should always feel flatted by people who are obsessed with hating you. Because they have devoted their entire lives to following and focusing on you!"

Re: NEW: ButtonGuys ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 07/30/23 10:10 AM

A Sunday morning proverb from our very own wiseguy, the savvy 'Don' Calogero.
-

Mafia boss 'Don' Calogero taught his beloved son Vito many life lessons as he was growing up. But one of the most important was this -

"Figlio mio, always remember..."Life is like salad dressing. No matter how much vinegar jealous people may pour into the mix and stir it to dilute its character, pure olive oil, like a man's talent, will always rise to the top in the end!"

[a few pearls of wisdom for jealous people to remember from a wily old mafioso]

Re: NEW: ButtonGuys ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 07/31/23 09:39 AM

A Monday morning proverb to help start the week off right...
-

“Fear of what others will think is the most paralyzing dynamic in business and life. The best moment in life is the day you realize not to worry or give a damn what others think. That is enormously liberating and a very powerful place to be, and it’s the only way to live your life, excel, and be happy.”

Re: NEW: ButtonGuys ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 08/01/23 05:47 AM

Confucius say...

"The jealousy of haters does not extinguish the bright lights of talent, it simply slowly buries the haters themselves in an unmarked grave!"

(wise words to digest)

Re: NEW: ButtonGuys ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 08/01/23 07:44 AM

Don Calogero wisely advices...

"Don't think that just because you made it to the next rung up the ladder that the haters and jealousy will disappear. To the contrary, always remember that, new levels of success only fuel new levels of hatred and jealousy!"

A wise observation from a very wiseguy!

Re: NEW: ButtonGuys ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 08/01/23 07:53 AM

Heres another Italian...

I palori nimici fannu ridiri, chiddi di l'amici fanni chianciri. Translation: The words of enemies make you laugh, but those of friends make you cry. Meaning: Ignore what your enemies say, buy pay attention to the words of friends. Nun si po' aviri la carni senz' ossu.

And another one...

Don't tell your friend everything that you know; remember that one day you may have him for an enemy.
(Sicilian Proverb)

Re: NEW: ButtonGuys ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 08/01/23 08:12 AM

Heres another Italian...

I palori nimici fannu ridiri, chiddi di l'amici fanni chianciri. Translation: The words of enemies make you laugh, but those of friends make you cry. Meaning: Ignore what your enemies say, buy pay attention to the words of friends. Nun si po' aviri la carni senz' ossu.

And another one...

Don't tell your friend everything that you know; remember that one day you may have him for an enemy.
(Sicilian Proverb)

Bravo TD. These two are really excellent quotes and ancient Italian proverbs to remember that address false friends and phony people.

They're really wolves who come dressed in sheep's clothing because they don't have the balls to confront you directly.

But, in actuality, they're not even wolves, which is way too respectful a word for them. It's insulting to the wolves. Lol.

They're really nothing more than little weasels and bottom feeders. Little nothings, who wanna pretend. But in their hearts they know that they're empty suits. That's what is truly at the center of all this jealousy and envy. Because 'zeros' like them, really wanna be just like us, but know in their hearts of hearts they don't have the talent for it....so all they have left is envy and venom.

Re: NEW: ButtonGuys ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 08/01/23 09:25 AM

But, in actuality, they're not even wolves, which is way too respectful a word for them. It's insulting to the wolves. Lol.

LOL nicely said!
Posted By: Jimmy_Two_Times

Re: NEW: ButtonGuys ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 08/01/23 12:29 PM

LOL. Very wise words my friend. (it seems we've got ourselves a new prophet in town.) lol

Thank you, but I can’t take credit. Rodney Dangerfield said it first but it’s applicability is universal I think.

Re: NEW: ButtonGuys ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 08/01/23 06:18 PM

Thank you, but I can’t take credit. Rodney Dangerfield said it first but it’s applicability is universal I think.

Well, as far as I'm concerned, that saying is synonymous with JimmyTT now! Lol

Classic!

Re: NEW: ButtonGuys ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 08/02/23 08:42 PM

A few pearls of wisdom from "The Babe!"

“Every strike brings me that much closer to the next home run.” — Babe Ruth

Re: NEW: ButtonGuys ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 08/03/23 06:46 AM

Confucius say...

“True success, is peace of mind. Which is a direct result of the satisfaction you feel in knowing that you make the effort to be kind to others, and at being the best at which you are capable.”

Re: NEW: ButtonGuys ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 08/05/23 09:29 PM

There is an old saying that can often be very appropriate to the situation...

“Sometimes magic is just someone spending more time on something than anyone else might reasonably expect.”

Re: NEW: ButtonGuys ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 08/06/23 08:15 AM

“Learn as if you will live on forever, live like you will die tomorrow" - Mahatma Gandhi

Re: NEW: ButtonGuys ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 08/06/23 04:45 PM

A little Sunday observation from our own "Don" Calogero that our older forum members might appreciate...lol
-
The old mafioso advises..."Once you hit a certain age, daily life just becomes a delicate balance of trying to stay awake and trying to fall asleep. While you slowly get worse at both"

Re: NEW: ButtonGuys ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 08/06/23 06:29 PM

Confucius say...

"The main problem with close-minded people, is that their mouth is always open"

Re: NEW: ButtonGuys ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 08/06/23 06:44 PM

Also Sam Giancana once allegedly said to Butch Blasi..."You see that fuckin' fish on the wall? If it kept its mouth shut, it wouldn't got caught."

Re: NEW: ButtonGuys ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 08/06/23 06:59 PM

Also Sam Giancana once allegedly said to Butch Blasi..."You see that fuckin' fish on the wall? If it kept its mouth shut, it wouldn't got caught."

100% Lol...thats an old one. But a classic... "A fish with his mouth closed, never gets caught"

Re: NEW: ButtonGuys ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 08/06/23 07:15 PM

100% Lol...thats an old one. But a classic... "A fish with his mouth closed, never gets caught"

+1

Re: NEW: ButtonGuys ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 08/06/23 08:04 PM

Here is an old favorite. It’s an ancient Sicilian phrase thats been passed down through the generations. A true Sicilian classic! “Don” Calogero advises to be careful, because…

“Se sputi in cielo, ti ritornerà in faccia!”

[Translated from Italian]

“If you spit into the sky, it will come back in your face!”
-

Very wise words for those wise enough to truly understand and apply them!

Re: NEW: ButtonGuys ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 08/08/23 10:06 AM

Confucius say...

"Haters, like parrots, talk much, because they cannot actually fly. While dreamers, like eagles, say little, but fly high and conquer the skies!"

Re: NEW: ButtonGuys ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 08/08/23 10:12 AM

Confucius say...

"Haters, like parrots, talk much, because they cannot actually fly. While dreamers, like eagles, say little, but fly high and conquer the skies!"

Good one.

Heres another..."All human wisdom is contained in these words: Wait and hope!"

Cheers

Re: NEW: ButtonGuys ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 08/08/23 11:11 AM

Confucius say...

Good one.

Heres another..."All human wisdom is contained in these words: Wait and hope!"

Cheers

Lol. I like that.

Re: NEW: ButtonGuys ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 08/09/23 09:11 AM

Wise Words for a Wonderful Wednesday...
-

“Putting aside our differences and coming together in solidarity is a very good beginning. Keeping together is called making progress. Working well together is known as success!”

Re: NEW: ButtonGuys ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 08/09/23 09:33 AM

Wise Words for a Wonderful Wednesday...
-

“Putting aside our differences and coming together in solidarity is a very good beginning. Keeping together is called making progress. Working well together is known as success!”

+1

Re: NEW: ButtonGuys ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 08/10/23 09:49 AM

Today, Confucius advises...

“He who conquers himself, is indeed the mightiest warrior.”

Re: NEW: ButtonGuys ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 08/10/23 01:10 PM

"I am not afraid of an army of lions led by a sheep; I am afraid of an army of sheep led by a lion."

- (allegedly) Alexander The Macedonian aka The Great

Re: NEW: ButtonGuys ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 08/10/23 01:18 PM

"I am not afraid of an army of lions led by a sheep; I am afraid of an army of sheep led by a lion."

Tell the truth TD. How true is that phrase? Excellent. I like that one very much.

Re: NEW: ButtonGuys ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 08/10/23 01:24 PM

Tell the truth TD. How true is that phrase? Excellent. I like that one very much.

I used to research Alexander the Macedonian, especially his father Philip the Macedon...and so when I saw your "warrior" post, I though about this one. Thanks

Re: NEW: ButtonGuys ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 08/10/23 03:28 PM

I used to research Alexander the Macedonian, especially his father Philip the Macedon...and so when I saw your "warrior" post, I though about this one. Thanks

Thats interesting TD. Grazie!

Re: NEW: ButtonGuys ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 08/10/23 06:32 PM

One more for this fine Thursday afternoon
--
Ying Yang...a dear friend of Confucius advise...

"Each day, choose to make the rest of your life, the best of your life"

Re: NEW: ButtonGuys ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 08/13/23 10:48 AM

A reflective thought for this Sunday morning...
-
"You will never be criticized by someone who is doing more than you. Because they are too focused on their dreams and know how hard the journey can be. You will only be criticized by someone who isn't achieving their goals and is taking it out on you."
-

ButtonGuys hopes everyone enjoys the day. .
Posted By: JCrusher

Re: NEW: ButtonGuys ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 08/13/23 11:08 AM

-
"You will never be criticized by someone who is doing more than you. Because they are too focused on their dreams and know how hard the journey can be. You will only be criticized by someone who isn't achieving their goals and is taking it out on you."
-

. Happy Sunday. Great quote NYMafia! So true too. The people who attack others are really frustrated that they can’t achieve their goals or more importantly don’t work hard enough to attempt to achieve them

Re: NEW: ButtonGuys ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 08/13/23 11:13 AM

Originally Posted by JCrusher
-
-

. Happy Sunday. Great quote NYMafia! So true too. The people who attack others are really frustrated that they can’t achieve their goals or more importantly don’t work hard enough to attempt to achieve them

Lol. Glad you liked this one JC. I did too. I found this quote thought provoking as well...and soooo true!

Re: NEW: ButtonGuys ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 08/13/23 11:28 AM

JC, here's another one you may like, along the same vein. It's classic!
-
"When we criticize others it's because something within our own hearts is lacking. There's a deep void there, so it cries out, trying to redirect its pain. You can try and justify your critique all you want to, but there's no other explanation.

It's as simple as this: If you're filled with love and compassion, and feel fulfilled, you could never bring yourself to blow out another's flame."

Re: NEW: ButtonGuys ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 08/13/23 12:54 PM

-
"When we criticize others it's because something within our own hearts is lacking. There's a deep void there, so it cries out, trying to redirect its pain. You can try and justify your critique all you want to, but there's no other explanation.

It's as simple as this: If you're filled with love and compassion, and feel fulfilled, you could never bring yourself to blow out another's flame."

. Another great quote that rings true.

Re: NEW: ButtonGuys ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 08/13/23 04:54 PM

-

. Another great quote that rings true.

Definitely JC...Ain't no doubt about it.

Re: NEW: ButtonGuys ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 08/15/23 06:27 AM

"Don" Calogero advices us...

"Il lupo perde il pelo, ma non il vizio!"

(which, when translated from Italian, means)

"The wolf loses its fur, but not its bad habits!"

Re: NEW: ButtonGuys ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 08/15/23 08:21 AM

"Don" Calogero advices us...

"Il lupo perde il pelo, ma non il vizio!"

(which, when translated from Italian, means)

"The wolf loses its fur, but not its bad habits!"

Good one!

Btw the Mad Sam posts reminded me of the following....

"It's hard to recognize the devil when his hand is on your shoulder. That's because a psychopath is just a person before he becomes a headline." - Becky Masterman

Re: NEW: ButtonGuys ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 08/15/23 11:47 PM

This Tuesday's Thought...
-

Confucius say...“Success usually comes to those who are too busy being creative to look for it.”

Re: NEW: ButtonGuys ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 08/16/23 05:34 AM

"It is better to live one single day as a lion than 100 years as a sheep." - Benito Mussolini

Re: NEW: ButtonGuys ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 08/18/23 01:38 AM

"Don" Calogero advises...

"A leopard cannot change his spots, only his tactics!"

Re: NEW: ButtonGuys ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 08/18/23 07:40 AM

The problem with many people is that there are way too many sheep among them...and too few who can think for themselves. These "sheep" let the wolves lead them astray.

Hence the term, "Sheep get led to the slaughter"
-

These are wise words that I suggest certain people take heed of.

Re: NEW: ButtonGuys ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 08/18/23 11:12 AM

Today's Psychiatrist Corner...(for all those who need one)
--

Il dottore says,

"Typically, people who project negativity have low self-esteem. They actually feel badly about themselves, and any negative comments they project toward others is simply a reflection of their inferior inner-feelings"

Re: NEW: ButtonGuys ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 08/19/23 09:00 AM

Confucius say...

'Haters only hate the things they can't have, and hate the people they know they could never be...It's a little thing known the world over as jealousy!"

And "The Other Guy" says...

"To always keep things in proper proportion, just consider the jealousy and verbal attacks generated by your haters as a measuring stick, a benchmark, and a part of the business, if you will. And, also always remember too, that the more haters you have, the better you're generally doing in life."

--
PS: I posted these up for all the jealous wash-women out there at that other forum, who also like to post on Reddit. These idiots spend nearly every waking moment of their sorry-ass lives, absolutely obsessed with trash talking other posters (ButtonGuys, in particular) without any provocation from us whatsoever...unless, of course, their blinding jealousy for our "talent' and "abilities" and "accomplishments" is provocation enough that it causes them to spew constant lies about us (made out of whole cloth,) and attack us incessantly?

What sad, sad little nothings you must be to stoop so low. Obviously, ButtonGuys (and Lisa and I, and now Toodoped as well) have completely moved in and taken over all the space in your heads (and clearly, there's a lot of open space up there to take over)...And to think, we're not even paying rent? LOL

--

Re: NEW: ButtonGuys ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 08/19/23 11:19 AM

Confucius say...

'Haters only hate the things they can't have, and hate the people they know they could never be...It's a little thing known the world over as jealousy!"

"To always keep things in proper proportion, just consider the jealousy and verbal attacks generated by your haters as a measuring stick, a benchmark, and a part of the business, if you will. And, also always remember too, that the more haters you have, the better you're generally doing in life."

--
PS: I posted these up for all the jealous wash-women out there at that other forum, who also like to post on Reddit. These idiots spend nearly every waking moment of their sorry-ass lives, absolutely obsessed with trashing talking other posters (ButtonGuys, in particular) without any provocation from us whatsoever...unless, of course, their blind jealousy for our "talent' and "abilities" is provocation enough to spew constant lies, made out of whole cloth, and attack us incessantly?

What sad, sad little nothings you must be to stoop so low. Obviously, ButtonGuys (and Lisa and I, and now Toodoped as well) have completely moved in and taken over all the space in your heads (and clearly, there's a lot of open space up there)...And to think, we're not even paying any rent? LOL

--
. It’s unfortunate some have to trash talk without any reason. I miss the days where you could simply disagree yet be civil and have a enjoyable conversation without resorting to that

Re: NEW: ButtonGuys ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 08/19/23 12:20 PM

Confucius say...

--
PS: I posted these up for all the jealous wash-women out there at that other forum, who also like to post on Reddit. These idiots spend nearly every waking moment of their sorry-ass lives, absolutely obsessed with trashing talking other posters (ButtonGuys, in particular) without any provocation from us whatsoever...unless, of course, their blind jealousy for our "talent' and "abilities" is provocation enough to spew constant lies, made out of whole cloth, and attack us incessantly?

What sad, sad little nothings you must be to stoop so low. Obviously, ButtonGuys (and Lisa and I, and now Toodoped as well) have completely moved in and taken over all the space in your heads (and clearly, there's a lot of open space up there)...And to think, we're not even paying any rent? LOL

--
. It’s unfortunate some have to trash talk without any reason. I miss the days where you could simply disagree yet be civil and have a enjoyable conversation without resorting to that

I completely agree with you JC. But, you gotta understand, that from day one, these "mystery posters," (that term is actually incorrect,) because they're really just troublemaking "trolls," are not coming on GBB to be friendly. These jealous numbskulls and losers only come on here to try and cause trouble and sow disharmony in a failed attempt to disrupt this forum, because they'd love for it to fail, so that their "failing forum" might somehow survive (and to try and knock ButtonGuys of The New York Mafia down a notch or two, if they can, because of the unbelievable level of jealousy and envy they have for us, for over four years already, since we started our website.)

Why are they so jealous, you might ask? Well, the answer to that question is very simple and clearly obvious.

They simply cannot stand the fact that TNYM, and her alter-ego, Mob Firechat Chat, have both become so popular and successful within the mob genre.

Because people such as yourself, our fanbase, really enjoy the content we provide on a weekly basis (and have for years already,) and because we just keep on growing in reputation and our subscriber fanbase is enlarging, the people who don't wanna see us succeed are absolutely beside themselves with fear and anger.

So much so, that over at that "other" forum (which, by the way, was the original genesis of all this envy and jealousy,) several envious, jealous people quickly started a concerted effort (a little conspiracy, if you will, lol,) to try and destroy our reputation and standing within this community.

But, truth be told, these little retards, who I consider dirt under my feet, will never accomplish their nefarious goals. For the simple reason that we have way too much talent and intelligence, and they have way too little. Lol

Yours truly..."The Other Guy"

Re: NEW: ButtonGuys ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 08/19/23 07:36 PM

"The Other Guy" says...

There's nothing that jealous, envious people hate and despise more than to see those they hate, happy and successful.

So the best way to torture those who hate you, is though the continuous glow of your happiness and shining success!

Re: NEW: ButtonGuys ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 08/19/23 08:28 PM

"The Other Guy" says...

There's nothing that jealous, envious people hate and despise more than to see those they hate, happy and successful.

So the best way to torture those who hate you, is though the continuous glow of your happiness and shining success!

+1

You simply cant be the moon and still be jealous of the stars lol wink

Re: NEW: ButtonGuys ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 08/22/23 06:10 AM

Today, we're visited by our very own resident mafioso, the wily old "Don" Calogero, who offers up some sage advice for the day..."Figlio mio, ricorda sempre che un leopardo non puo' cambiare posto, solo la sua tattica!"

when translated...

"My son, always remember that a leopard cannot change his spots, only his tactics!"

I think that this ancient proverb is particularly apropos, no?

Re: NEW: ButtonGuys ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 08/22/23 06:26 AM

Today, we're visited by our very own resident mafioso, the wily old "Don" Calogero, who offers up some sage advice for the day..."Figlio mio, ricorda sempre che un leopardo non puo' cambiare posto, solo la sua tattica!"

when translated...

"My son, always remember that a leopard cannot change his spots, only his tactics!"

Another good one. In my country the poverb goes with a wolf, instead of a leopard.

Re: NEW: ButtonGuys ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 08/22/23 11:42 AM

It translates to...

-

TD, another good one I like (that can be applied) is this little gem...

"The devil's finest trick is to persuade you that he does not exist." - Unknown

Re: NEW: ButtonGuys ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 08/23/23 06:53 AM

Confucius say...

"Be very careful of whom you trust! Because betrayal always comes from those you let your guard down with, and give a measure of trust to."

and...

"It's not just about who's being sincere to your face, but also, about who stays sincere behind your back."

Re: NEW: ButtonGuys ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 08/23/23 07:24 AM

Confucius say...

"Be very careful of whom you trust! Because betrayal always comes from those you let your guard down with, and give a measure of trust to."

and...

"It's not just about who's being sincere to your face, but also, about who stays sincere behind your back."

+1

Re: NEW: ButtonGuys ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 08/23/23 10:30 PM

This evening "Don" Calogero decided to grace us with his presence...and sage advice. This particular phrase is an ancient Sicilian proverb and it goes something like this...

"Meglio solo che male accompagnato!"

Which essentially translates to...

"Better alone than in bad company!"

Consider it food for thought.
Posted By: MafiaStudent

Re: NEW: ButtonGuys ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 08/24/23 05:04 AM

I thought I'd throw one in today

"Every job is good if you do your best and work hard. A man who works hard stinks only to the ones that have nothing to do but smell." - Laura Ingalls Wilder

Re: NEW: ButtonGuys ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 08/24/23 08:02 AM

Originally Posted by MafiaStudent
I thought I'd throw one in today

"Every job is good if you do your best and work hard. A man who works hard stinks only to the ones that have nothing to do but smell." - Laura Ingalls Wilder

Good one!
Posted By: Hollander

Re: NEW: ButtonGuys ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 08/26/23 02:06 PM

“You come at the king, you best not miss.” (badass quote from The Wire)

Re: NEW: ButtonGuys ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 08/29/23 06:10 AM

“The two most important days in your life are the day you’re born and the day you find out why.” – Mark Twain

Re: NEW: ButtonGuys ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 08/29/23 08:55 AM

“The two most important days in your life are the day you’re born and the day you find out why.” – Mark Twain

Good one.

Re: NEW: ButtonGuys ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 09/01/23 09:17 AM

Today, we head back to Ancient Rome for a little quip our boy Giulio Cesare - better known to the world as Julius Caesar - once observed and remarked...

"Veni, Vidi, Vici"...I came, I saw, I conquered.

-

ButtonGuys hopes everyone has a nice day...TGIF!

Re: NEW: ButtonGuys ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 09/03/23 09:45 AM

"Cowards die many times...The valiant never taste death but once!" - Julius Caesar (from Shakespeare's play)

Re: NEW: ButtonGuys ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 09/03/23 08:06 PM

Mafia boss Don Calogero always tries to advise his men wisely...like this little gem he offers up today,

"Make sure to always give prospective girlfriends 'the test.' Tell her you are taking her to The Olive Garden for dinner. If she seems happy, you dump her, and you dump her fast!"

Re: NEW: ButtonGuys ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 09/04/23 07:31 PM

Confucius say...“True humility is not thinking less of yourself, it is thinking of yourself less”

Re: NEW: ButtonGuys ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 09/05/23 09:03 PM

Today's "Wiseguy Wisdom"...
-

"I'm grateful for those who have betrayed me...Because they may have thought they were just stabbing me in the back. But, in reality, with that same knife, they were also cutting me free from their poisonous association" - Unknown

Re: NEW: ButtonGuys ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 09/06/23 12:32 PM

Confucius say...

"An honest enemy is better than a false friend. Whenever in doubt, just pay more attention to what people do, and less to what they say. Actions not only speak louder than words, but they are more difficult to fake."

Re: NEW: ButtonGuys ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 09/07/23 09:13 AM

"Oh, what a tangled web we weave...when first we practice to deceive." - Walter Scott

Re: NEW: ButtonGuys ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 09/07/23 10:55 AM

"Oh, what a tangled web we weave...when first we practice to deceive." - Walter Scott

Good one

Re: NEW: ButtonGuys ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 09/08/23 12:25 PM

Proverb of the day...
-

Don Calogero warns,

"They haven't turned a new leaf, they just turned a new page."

Re: NEW: ButtonGuys ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 09/08/23 03:50 PM

As Notre Dame's Knute Rockne once said, "one more for the Gipper." So here goes...
-
"The cream always rises to the top!" - John Paul Warren
-

Ain't that the truth! And the other half of that goes something like this, "and shit always sinks to the bottom."

Re: NEW: ButtonGuys ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 09/08/23 08:30 PM

"Some of the stupidest and most full of shit people you'll ever meet in your life come disguised as so-called friends. In fact, they're so fuckin' pitifully stupid, they don't even realize how truly fuckin' transparently stupid they really are." - Sincerely yours..."The Other Guy!"

Re: NEW: ButtonGuys ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 09/08/23 10:21 PM

"Some of the stupidest and most full of shit people you'll ever meet in your life come disguised as so-called friends. In fact, they're so fuckin' pitifully stupid, they don't even realize how truly fuckin' transparently stupid they really are." - Sincerely yours..."The Other Guy!"

+1

Re: NEW: ButtonGuys ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 09/08/23 10:42 PM

+1

+2 lol

Re: NEW: ButtonGuys ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 09/09/23 05:10 AM

“People that are obsessed with hating you, feel flattered. Their whole lives revolve around you.” – Lady Gaga

..."Eastside, Westside, all around the town"...as the song goes...

Re: NEW: ButtonGuys ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 09/09/23 06:54 AM

“People that are obsessed with hating you, feel flattered. Their whole lives revolve around you.” – Lady Gaga

I like that last bit MS, "Eastside, WESTSIDE, all around the town."

Thats from the famous song, titled, "The Sidewalks of New York." But I guess in this case it should probably be more appropriately changed to, "The sidewalks of The New York Mafia!" LOL

And if I remember correctly, the opening chorus goes something like this, "Eastside, Westside,, all around the town, the tots sang 'ring-around-rosie,' while their bridge was falling down.

Re: NEW: ButtonGuys ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 09/09/23 07:54 AM

I like that last bit MS, "Eastside, WESTSIDE, all around the town."

Thats from the famous song, titled, "The Sidewalks of New York." But I guess in this case it should probably be more appropriately changed to, "The sidewalks of The New York Mafia!" LOL

And if I remember correctly, the opening chorus goes something like this, "Eastside, Westside,, all around the town, the tots sang 'ring-around-rosie,' while their bridge was falling down.

+1

Re: NEW: ButtonGuys ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 09/10/23 04:12 PM

"Men willingly believe what they wish" - Julius Caesar

Re: NEW: ButtonGuys ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 09/11/23 12:20 PM

A little Wiseguy Wisdom for this Monday...
-

Don Calogero advises,

"Stai molto attento a cio' che desideri. Perché' il tuo desiderio possa avverarsi."

[Translated from Italian]

"Be very careful what you wish for. Because your wish could come true."

Re: NEW: ButtonGuys ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 09/11/23 12:32 PM

"Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both. For a wounded man shall say to his assailant, "If I Die, You are forgiven. If I Live, I will kill you." Such is the rule of honor." -Lamb of God (band) - Omerta (song)

Re: NEW: ButtonGuys ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 09/11/23 12:57 PM

"Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both. For a wounded man shall say to his assailant, "If I Die, You are forgiven. If I Live, I will kill you." Such is the rule of honor." -Lamb of God (band) - Omerta (song)

1000%...That thinking, was, and still is, the rule of thumb for some people who have been taught that mentality.

But, in todays world, its generally a much different mindset. People run like rabbits over every little thing.

Bravo!

Good post.

Re: NEW: ButtonGuys ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 09/11/23 03:00 PM

Thanks bud. Btw, check this one out...

"You know the irony of life is that you have like this big dream to get where you wanna be. But once you get there you start to dream about where you came from. I guess that's the part of the circle of our lives, like the hands of a clock going round. If only we could wind them back and return to a time where the dream began. It's all too soon that's all we'll be is a dream in someone's mind.” - Joseph Bruce a.k.a. Violent J

Re: NEW: ButtonGuys ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 09/11/23 09:17 PM

Thanks bud. Btw, check this one out...

"You know the irony of life is that you have like this big dream to get where you wanna be. But once you get there you start to dream about where you came from. I guess that's the part of the circle of our lives, like the hands of a clock going round. If only we could wind them back and return to a time where the dream began. It's all too soon that's all we'll be is a dream in someone's mind.” - Joseph Bruce a.k.a. Violent J

Another statement thats so true...

Re: NEW: ButtonGuys ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 09/12/23 12:31 PM

"The haters and naysayers of the world will watch you walk on water, but will always try and dismiss it...saying that it's simply because you cannot swim."

Pay no attention to them!

Re: NEW: ButtonGuys ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 09/15/23 09:35 AM

"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." - Albert Einstein

Re: NEW: ButtonGuys ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 09/15/23 11:34 PM

"Never attempt to win by force, what can be won by deception" - Niccolo Machiavelli (The Prince)

Re: NEW: ButtonGuys ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 09/16/23 01:14 PM

Our very own "Don" Calogero offers up a few wise words for us today...

"Pay very close attention to all those who don't clap when you win!"

Re: NEW: ButtonGuys ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 09/16/23 03:52 PM

Confucius advises...

"Nothing limits intelligence more than ignorance"

Re: NEW: ButtonGuys ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 09/17/23 09:14 AM

An inspirational quote for this Sunday from many years ago...

"Success is not final, and failure is not fatal, It is the courage to continue that counts." — Winston S. Churchill

Re: NEW: ButtonGuys ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 09/17/23 10:03 AM

"Success is not final, and failure is not fatal, It is the courage to continue that counts." — Winston S. Churchill

. So True. No matter good or bad you just gotta keep plugging away

Re: NEW: ButtonGuys ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 09/17/23 10:08 AM

. So True. No matter good or bad you just gotta keep plugging away

100%...It's the stuff that makes winners out of potential losers.

Re: NEW: ButtonGuys ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 09/18/23 10:05 AM

Confucius say...

"Fake friends are like shadows. Always near you at your brightest moments, but nowhere to been seen at your darkest hour."

Re: NEW: ButtonGuys ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 09/18/23 10:19 AM

Confucius say...

"Fake friends are like shadows. Always near you at your brightest moments, but nowhere to been seen at your darkest hour."

Nice one. As youngsters, we used to be proud of the large number of so-called "friends" but as life passes by, we all ended up with the number of real friends which you can count them all on one hand. So I would rather walk with only one friend in the dark, than completely alone in the light.

Re: NEW: ButtonGuys ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 09/18/23 10:24 AM

Confucius say...

Nice one. As youngsters, we used to be proud of the large number of so-called "friends" but as life passes by, we all ended up with the number of real friends which you can count them all on one hand. So I would rather walk with only one friend in the dark, than completely alone in the light.

Thats so true TD. Unfortunately, most of us learn these lessons too late in life.

Heres another one...

"You can liken some so-called friends to pennies...two-faced and worthless."

Re: NEW: ButtonGuys ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 09/19/23 08:12 PM

One last bit of Wisdom Wisdom for today...
-

"The greatest deception and delusion men will ever suffer is from their own opinions." - Leonardo Da Vinci

Re: NEW: ButtonGuys ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 09/20/23 10:17 AM

Here's a classic...
-

"There's a sucker born every minute...and two to take him." - P.T. Barnum (Barnum & Bailey Circus)

Re: NEW: ButtonGuys ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 09/20/23 08:35 PM

Confucius say...
-
"There is nothing more frightening that ignorance in action."

Re: NEW: ButtonGuys ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 09/20/23 09:26 PM

Finalmente!...

"Let there be light!" - The Old Testament

Re: NEW: ButtonGuys ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 09/21/23 07:52 AM

Food for thought...
-

“Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving.” — Albert Einstein

Re: NEW: ButtonGuys ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 09/21/23 11:28 AM

"Don" Calogero advises us that...

"People never change. But if you pay close enough attention, you will notice they do sometimes remove their masks"

Re: NEW: ButtonGuys ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 09/21/23 02:09 PM

Finalmente!...

"Let there be light!" - The Old Testament

Forgot to give +1 on this one. Cheers

Re: NEW: ButtonGuys ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 09/23/23 02:06 PM

Whenever feeble minded characters, with an “agenda,” dare open their mouths to spout nonsense, 99 percent of the time, out of 100, GBB’s wily old mafioso Don Calogero just says, “Siediti e Statti Zitto!”

In fact, make that "101" percent of the time!

Re: NEW: ButtonGuys ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 09/23/23 04:00 PM

Whenever feeble minded characters, with an “agenda,” dare open their mouths to spout nonsense, 99 percent of the time, out of 100, GBB’s wily old mafioso Don Calogero just says, “Siediti e Statti Zitto!”

. Agenda driven people are the worst.

Re: NEW: ButtonGuys ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 09/23/23 06:58 PM

. Agenda driven people are the worst.

No doubt about it. Lol. "hidden agendas" no less.

Re: NEW: ButtonGuys ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 09/24/23 10:53 AM

A little wiseguy wisdom for the day...
-

It has been said that, "Old age, experience and treachery will always defeat youth, inexperience and exuberance."

Re: NEW: ButtonGuys ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 09/25/23 06:47 AM

Confucius say...

"Man is not necessarily what he shows the world he is...but is actually most often what he hides."

Re: NEW: ButtonGuys ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 09/25/23 11:56 PM

Confucius say...

"They cannot be happy for you, because they wish it were them."

Re: NEW: ButtonGuys ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 09/26/23 12:14 AM

Here's another one for the more intelligent and deeper thinkers in the room...

"Jealousy is the tribute mediocrity pays to genius." - Julius Caesar

Re: NEW: ButtonGuys ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 09/27/23 07:39 AM

Don Calogero advises...

"Behind every successful person there is a pack of envious people. And the more successful you become, the more haters you'll have...It just comes with the territory, and is a fact of life. So get used to it."

Re: NEW: ButtonGuys ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 09/28/23 01:00 AM

The 30th U.S. President Calvin Coolidge once said, "Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence"....

"Talent will not...nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent."

"Genius will not...unrewarded genius is almost a proverb."

"Education will not...the world is full of educated derelicts."

"The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race."

Re: NEW: ButtonGuys ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 09/28/23 10:15 AM

A little Thursday wisdom...
-

"With a few honeyed words, but an evil mind, time and again the wicked have been able to persuade the crowd, which is then followed by great woes that befall the state." - Euripides

Re: NEW: ButtonGuys ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 09/29/23 08:53 AM

Confucius say...

"Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get. And Serenity is being content with the results, regardless."

Re: NEW: ButtonGuys ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 09/29/23 07:31 PM

"To be certain, he who has betrayed thee once...will eventually betray thee once again." - Julius Caesar

Re: NEW: ButtonGuys ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 09/30/23 11:48 AM

Confucius say...

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity."

Re: NEW: ButtonGuys ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 09/30/23 04:15 PM

Confucius say...
-

"In life, always remember that whoever tries to push you down, is already beneath you"...

Re: NEW: ButtonGuys ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 10/01/23 10:53 PM

"A genuine leader is not a searcher for consensus, but a molder of consensus." - Martin Luther King Jr.

Re: NEW: ButtonGuys ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 10/01/23 11:42 PM

“The pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity. The optimist sees opportunity in every difficulty." — Winston Churchill

Re: NEW: ButtonGuys ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 10/03/23 08:57 AM

"Don" Calogero assures us...

"There's no such thing as fake people, only people who are better at hiding who they truly are than others."

Re: NEW: ButtonGuys ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 10/03/23 11:00 AM

"Don" Calogero warns...

"Our enemies may sometimes disguise themselves through seemingly benign words and actions. But their hearts always remain black with duplicity and deceit."

Re: NEW: ButtonGuys ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 10/05/23 09:13 PM

Some important bits of wisdom this afternoon, imparted to us by two of the greatest Thomas' in history...
--

“I’m a greater believer in luck, and I find the harder I work the more I have of it.” --- Thomas Jefferson

and...

“Opportunity is missed by most people because it is often dressed in overalls and looks like work.” — Thomas Edison

Re: NEW: ButtonGuys ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 10/06/23 02:04 AM

From George Bernard Shaw...

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance."

Re: NEW: ButtonGuys ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 10/06/23 08:37 AM

From George Bernard Shaw...

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance."

+1

Re: NEW: ButtonGuys ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 10/06/23 10:49 AM

Very wise "Wiseguy Wisdom" for today and everyday!...
-
How to Please a Woman:
1) Be interested in what she has to say.
2) Tell her she's pretty.
3) Take her out to dinner.
4) Buy her jewelry.
5) Love her.
-
How to Please a Man:
1) Show up naked.
2) Bring beer.

Re: NEW: ButtonGuys ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 10/06/23 04:57 PM

"Don" Calogero warns...

"Duplicity and betrayal is a common denominator among men with no conscience."

Re: NEW: ButtonGuys ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 10/07/23 03:54 AM

Unknown...

"A person can only kiss so much ass before they choke on shit..."

and

"Here you go, dear, here's a tissue. There's a bit of bullshit on your lip."

Re: NEW: ButtonGuys ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 10/07/23 11:42 AM

TO ALL THE FRUSTRATED LITTLE NOTHINGS OUT THERE!
(you know who you are)

Talk is cheap, idiot rap is plentiful, and so are mindless idiots who spread garbage, while a duplicitous mentally-ill little schemer who hides in his parent’s basement behind a keyboard grows more frustrated and angry by the day.

The fact they spend so much of their sorry lives fixated and obsessed with what amounts to hopelessly “shoveling shit against the tide” tells you all you need to know about them…and their lack of mental stability.

These types of people - losers one and all - deserve one another. No doubt about that. They aimlessly wallow through life looking for a purpose, wasting day after day with fruitless endeavors, while other people live their lives in a meaningful and constructive way.

There’s an old saying in life, and it goes like this…

“There are three types of people in the world…Those that make it happen. Those that watch it happen. And those who wonder what happened.”

But there’s also a fourth type of person...one who is envious, devious, frustrated, mean-spirited and hates the whole world. This type of person needs to constantly lash out from frustration because of his own personal failings in life. A person like this can only achieve happiness when they're able tear down other people they view as being better and more accomplished than them.

There is no doubt in my mind that this fourth “type” of person lives the shallowest existence of all…
-
Like the man once said... "Go get yourself a job!"

Re: NEW: ButtonGuys ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 10/07/23 05:59 PM

Confucius say...

“Experience can be a very hard teacher, because she gives the test first, and then the lesson comes later.”
-

PS: As as the old saying goes...there is NO substitute for experience! - "The Other Guy"

Re: NEW: ButtonGuys ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 10/08/23 11:48 AM

A special thought and consideration for this Sunday morning...
-
"There's only one basic principe of self-defense. You must apply the most effective weapons, as soon as possible, to the most vulnerable target." -- Bruce Lee

Re: NEW: ButtonGuys ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 10/08/23 12:38 PM

One more....

Now its gotta be..."Balls to the Wall"

Re: NEW: ButtonGuys ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 10/08/23 04:22 PM

Confucius say...

"It is well that war is so terrible, otherwise we should grow too fond of it."

Re: NEW: ButtonGuys ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 10/08/23 05:57 PM

Albert Einstein once remarked..."I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones."

--
(Go put this in your pipe and smoke it Ralphie)

Re: NEW: ButtonGuys ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 10/09/23 05:18 AM

A little much-needed Monday morning wisdom...
-

"Tricks and treachery are the practice of fools that don't have brains enough to be honest and forthright." - Benjamin Franklin
Posted By: hoodlum

Re: NEW: ButtonGuys ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 10/09/23 05:24 AM

Albert Einstein once remarked..."I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones."

--
(Go put this in your pipe and smoke it Ralphie)

LMFAO ...NY ..U go My Man..may he smoke it up his ass!.

Re: NEW: ButtonGuys ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 10/09/23 11:53 AM

The old Mafioso, Don Calogero, wisely advises...

"Never seek revenge. Rotten fruit will fall by itself."

Re: NEW: ButtonGuys ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 10/09/23 12:27 PM

So true. If you are wronged and go out and try to get revenge on somebody then you become just as bad in a way. It’s better just to take the high road and let them screw themselves if they continue to do that to people

Re: NEW: ButtonGuys ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 10/09/23 05:26 PM

So true. If you are wronged and go out and try to get revenge on somebody then you become just as bad in a way. It’s better just to take the high road and let them screw themselves if they continue to do that to people

I agree 100% JC. (and because of who these types of cretins are inherently, they always do end up screwing themselves in the end.)

Re: NEW: ButtonGuys ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 10/10/23 11:06 AM

A most apropos and wise observation for this Tuesday...

"The object of war is not to die for your country, but to make the other bastard die for his!" - U.S. Army General George S. Patton
Posted By: hoodlum

Re: NEW: ButtonGuys ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 10/10/23 12:42 PM

That is so x tra special...I remember my pops watching "Patton" on TV & after he said that quote my dad laughing very hard....L was just a kid..but I knew what why he was chucking..!

Re: NEW: ButtonGuys ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 10/10/23 05:19 PM

Originally Posted by hoodlum
That is so x tra special...I remember my pops watching "Patton" on TV & after he said that quote my dad laughing very hard....L was just a kid..but I knew what why he was chucking..!

Thats very cool Hoodlum, thanks for sharing that with us. And I'm glad my Patton post brought back fond memories of your dad and a smile to your face.

Re: NEW: ButtonGuys ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 10/10/23 07:20 PM

Here is a famous old phrase. It goes like this...

"People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones" - Chaucer's Troilus & Criseyde

Wise words of which many people should take heed.

Re: NEW: ButtonGuys ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 10/10/23 10:03 PM

Another very astute observation...

"The loudest critics are, quite typically, always the biggest losers in life!"

Re: NEW: ButtonGuys ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 10/10/23 10:53 PM

Based upon some newly revealed and very shocking revelations today, it seems this next saying is quite apropos...

"Those who shout and complain the loudest, usually have the most to hide!"

Re: NEW: ButtonGuys ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 10/10/23 11:52 PM

One more intelligent observation for this evening. Always try and remember...

"Your attitude, not your necessarily your aptitude, will often determine your altitude"
-

PS: In other words fellas, its always nice to be nice and to act like a gentleman, instead of like a jealous prick all the time. - Ain't that the truth!

Re: NEW: ButtonGuys ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 10/11/23 09:43 AM

A proverb for this Wednesday morning.
-
Confucius say...

"Some people have so little going for them in their own lives, they'd rather focus and discuss yours."

Re: NEW: ButtonGuys ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 10/11/23 01:17 PM

A famous phrase used throughout history, that, unfortunately, is as apropos today, as its ever been!...

"Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it.” - Philosopher George Santayana

Re: NEW: ButtonGuys ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 10/12/23 07:35 AM

A little anonymous wiseguy wisdom for this Thursday morn...
-

"If you're talking behind my back, then you're in a good position to also kiss my ass." - Unknown

Re: NEW: ButtonGuys ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 10/12/23 10:59 AM

What good deeds Ive done to you, so you can harm me or betray me?! - unknown

Re: NEW: ButtonGuys ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 10/12/23 08:28 PM

"Being famous on Instagram is like being rich on Monopoly!" - Sonam Kapoor

Re: NEW: ButtonGuys ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 10/12/23 11:22 PM

Confucius say...

"The truth is not diminished by the number of people who believe it."

Re: NEW: ButtonGuys ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 10/12/23 11:27 PM

...Never!

Re: NEW: ButtonGuys ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 10/12/23 11:42 PM

Here's another one you may like...

"Some people think that the 'truth' can be hidden with a little cover-up and decorations."

Re: NEW: ButtonGuys ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 10/13/23 09:04 AM

This Friday morning, "Don" Calogero advises...

"A good kick in the balls, will solve your gender confusion quickly."

Re: NEW: ButtonGuys ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 10/13/23 09:53 AM

This Friday morning, "Don" Calogero advises...

"A good kick in the balls, will solve your gender confusion quickly."

Lol lol

Re: NEW: ButtonGuys ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 10/13/23 11:47 PM

"History is not there for you to like or dislike. It is there for you to learn from. And if it offends you, even better. Because then you are less likely to repeat it. It's not yours to erase. Because it belongs to all of us!"

Re: NEW: ButtonGuys ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 10/14/23 08:51 AM

Here's a bit of funny "wisdom" for today from "Iron Mike"...funny, but true.

While being interviewed one afternoon, the boxer made this very astute observation, he remarked "Hiding behind social media made y'all way too comfortable with disrespectin' folks and not getting punched in the face for it." - World Heavyweight Champ Mike (Iron Mike) Tyson

Re: NEW: ButtonGuys ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 10/15/23 12:19 AM

A bit of wisdom for this evening...

“Success is stumbling from failure to failure with no loss of enthusiasm.” - Winston Churchill

Re: NEW: ButtonGuys ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 10/15/23 12:56 AM

My last proverb for the evening...

"Don't ever allow a feeble-minded weasel the power to adversely affect you. Always remember that his jealousy and envy is just a projection of him being a loser, who desperately needs to pretend he's a winner."

Re: NEW: ButtonGuys ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 10/15/23 05:33 PM

Another life lesson from "Don" Calogero, who teaches us that...

"The loudest one in the room, is usually the weakest one in the room."

Re: NEW: ButtonGuys ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 10/16/23 06:26 PM

Confucius say...

"The true hypocrite and fool is he who ceases to perceive his deception. The one who actually begins to sincerely believe his own lies."

Re: NEW: ButtonGuys ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 10/16/23 10:28 PM

Confucius say...

"There is nothing worse than consistently aggressive stupidity, shown by ignorant fools who don't know better."

Re: NEW: ButtonGuys ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 10/17/23 08:43 PM

Food for thought for a Tuesday afternoon...

"What is viewed as a stumbling block to a pessimist is but a stepping-stone to an optimist." --- Eleanor Roosevelt

Re: NEW: ButtonGuys ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 10/17/23 11:41 PM

"Phony people are like pennies, two-faced and worthless" - Oscar Wilde
--
Here's another good one...

Confucius say...

“There is no greater glory than love, nor any greater punishment than jealousy.”

Re: NEW: ButtonGuys ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 10/18/23 10:46 AM

"It is well that war is so terrible, otherwise we should grow too fond of it." - Robert E. Lee

"War does not necessarily determine who is right - only who is left."

Re: NEW: ButtonGuys ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 10/19/23 07:31 PM

Confucius say...

"One of the most blatant forms of ignorance is when a person attempts to speak about, and sometimes even rejects, things that he knows little to nothing about."

Re: NEW: ButtonGuys ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 10/19/23 07:40 PM

Confucius say...

"One of the most blatant forms of ignorance is when a person attempts to speak about, and sometimes even rejects, things that he knows little to nothing about."

+1

Re: NEW: ButtonGuys ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 10/19/23 08:05 PM

Confucius say...

+1

Better make that +2 Lol

Re: NEW: ButtonGuys ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 10/20/23 03:26 AM

Comically amused, "The Other Guy" observes that...

"Sometimes you discover that they haven't turned a 'new leaf,' they've just turned a new page."

Re: NEW: ButtonGuys ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 10/20/23 04:15 AM

Confucius say...

"Fake people and frauds try their best to make it appear like they're winning, but they're simply filling their emptiness and losses with useless activity."

Re: NEW: ButtonGuys ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 10/20/23 05:53 PM

“The greater the difficulty, the more the glory in surmounting it.” - Epicurus

Re: NEW: ButtonGuys ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 10/21/23 01:12 AM

Some people are like prawns. No guts, no spine, and a head full of shit.

Re: NEW: ButtonGuys ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 10/21/23 01:15 AM

One more:

Don't trust everything you see. Even salt looks like sugar.

Re: NEW: ButtonGuys ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 10/21/23 01:22 AM

Some people are like prawns. No guts, no spine, and a head full of shit.

LOL

Re: NEW: ButtonGuys ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 10/21/23 01:22 AM

One more:

Don't trust everything you see. Even salt looks like sugar.

Very well put...and oh, so true!

Re: NEW: ButtonGuys ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 10/21/23 01:23 PM

“Stay away from those people trying to disparage and smother your ambitions. Small minds will always do that. But great minds will give you the confidence that you can become great too.” — Mark Twain

Re: NEW: ButtonGuys ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 10/21/23 07:18 PM

"Ain't nothing in the streets but court dates and caskets." - Unknown

Re: NEW: ButtonGuys ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 10/23/23 09:30 AM

Don Calogero warns...

"Be cautious, because sometimes the very person you are willing to take a bullet for, is the same person who ends up pulling the trigger."

Re: NEW: ButtonGuys ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 10/24/23 08:49 AM

Confucius say...

"When you feel copied, just remember that followers can only go where you've already been. But they have absolutely no idea where you may be going next."

Re: NEW: ButtonGuys ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 10/24/23 11:01 AM

Confucius say...

"When you feel copied, just remember that followers can only go where you've already been. But they have absolutely no idea where you may be going next."

Good one

Re: NEW: ButtonGuys ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 10/26/23 09:41 AM

Confucius say...

"The greatest victory is that which requires no battle."

Re: NEW: ButtonGuys ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 10/27/23 11:12 AM

Some wisdom for this Friday...

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and enjoyed it, never cared for anything else thereafter." - Ernest Hemingway

Re: NEW: ButtonGuys ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 10/28/23 05:16 AM

Don Calogero advises...

"People at the very top seldom have declared enemies. So it’s usually the quiet adversary who will sneak around behind their backs trying to undermine them."

Re: NEW: ButtonGuys ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 10/28/23 12:07 PM

Confucius warns...

"Always remember one thing about backstabbers. They are only powerful when you open the door and allow them into your home and turn your back and eyes from them, not realizing who they are."

Re: NEW: ButtonGuys ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 10/28/23 08:32 PM

"Excellence is the unlimited ability to improve the quality of what you have to offer." - Rick Pitino

BIG BIG changes coming to the Button Guys website come the New Year! Stay tuned!

Re: NEW: ButtonGuys ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 10/28/23 10:31 PM

"Excellence is the unlimited ability to improve the quality of what you have to offer." - Rick Pitino

BIG BIG changes coming to the Button Guys website come the New Year! Stay tuned!

BIG BIG changes? Lol. I see that you're busting at the seams with anticipation, huh, MS? Lol

Re: NEW: ButtonGuys ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 10/28/23 10:39 PM

Lisa, you made me crack up with this one.

I thought we agreed? Lol

Re: NEW: ButtonGuys ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 10/28/23 10:50 PM

Lisa, you made me crack up with this one.

I thought we agreed? Lol

You know it. I'm very excited.

Re: NEW: ButtonGuys ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 10/28/23 11:46 PM

No doubt! lol

Re: NEW: ButtonGuys ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 10/29/23 10:29 AM

Confucius say...

"Courage is simply grace under pressure."

Re: NEW: ButtonGuys ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 10/31/23 09:06 AM

"Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Re: NEW: ButtonGuys ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 11/01/23 09:39 AM

Confucius say...

"Never engage haters. It is a waste of your time and energy. In the end, when they run out of people to spew venom at, their poison tongues envelope them."

Re: NEW: ButtonGuys ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 11/02/23 11:05 AM

Don Calogero uses an ancient Sicilian phrase to teach us...

"Se sputi in cielo, ritornerà in faccia!"

Which, in Italian translates to...

"If you spit into the sky, it will come back to hit you in the face!"

Re: NEW: ButtonGuys ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 11/03/23 02:43 AM

“The point of modern propaganda isn't only to misinform or push an agenda. It is to exhaust your critical thinking, to annihilate truth.” - Garry Kasparov

Re: NEW: ButtonGuys ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 11/03/23 10:59 PM

Confucius say...

The pessimist complains about the wind. The optimist expects it to change. The leader adjusts the sails.

Re: NEW: ButtonGuys ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 11/03/23 11:39 PM

Confucius say...

"Those who continuously try and compete with others, become frustrated and bitter. But those who continuously compete with themselves, ultimately become better!"

Re: NEW: ButtonGuys ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 11/04/23 12:21 AM

Confucius say...

"Dimming someone else's light, won't make yours shine any brighter."

Re: NEW: ButtonGuys ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 11/04/23 08:25 AM

"Great minds see your talent as an asset. Small minds take it as a threat." - Confucius

Re: NEW: ButtonGuys ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 11/04/23 09:05 AM

WOKE...

"A state of oblivion only achieved by those delusional enough to find injustice in everything but their own behavior."

Re: NEW: ButtonGuys ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 11/04/23 11:21 PM

LOL. Should I have expected any different?...Of course not.

Re: NEW: ButtonGuys ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 11/04/23 11:37 PM

The proverb of the evening...

"There will always be people looking to knock you out of the way, just so they can try and grab a little bit of what they perceive as your proverbial spotlight." - Unknown

Re: NEW: ButtonGuys ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 11/05/23 04:28 PM

A Sunday proverb and advice from one of the greatest minds and talents of all time...
-

"Nothing strengthens authority so much as silence." - Leonardo Da Vinci

Re: NEW: ButtonGuys ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 11/06/23 07:46 PM

Confucius warns...

"Once they stop talking to you, then they usually start talking about you."

Re: NEW: ButtonGuys ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 11/07/23 08:09 AM

"I have learned to despise all traitors, and there is no disease that I spit on more than deceit and treachery." - Julius Caesar

Re: NEW: ButtonGuys ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 11/08/23 10:20 AM

“The self-righteous scream judgments against others to hide the noise of skeletons dancing in their own closets.” – John Mark Green

Re: NEW: ButtonGuys ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 11/08/23 10:26 PM

"We don't have to do a single thing. They'll do it for us. The acidity of their own words will eventually erode their tongues."... The Other Guy

Re: NEW: ButtonGuys ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 11/09/23 12:01 PM

Confucius say...

"The road to success and the road to failure are almost exactly the same."

Re: NEW: ButtonGuys ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 11/09/23 04:00 PM

Don Calogero advises...

"People tend to trust their eyes above all else. But that too is deceptive, because most people only see what they wish to see, what they're told is there, or what they believe they should see...not what is necessarily really there."

Re: NEW: ButtonGuys ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 11/10/23 12:01 AM

Confucius say...

"Feel sorry for envious and jealous people, because they're actually feeble-minded and very weak of character. These types of people carry envy and hatred for others they view as being better than them and more accomplished in their goals, and living lives they only wish they themselves could live."

Re: NEW: ButtonGuys ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 11/10/23 08:58 AM

"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid" - Benjamin Franklin

Re: NEW: ButtonGuys ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 11/12/23 12:11 PM

"The Other Guy" advises...

"Se sputi in cielo, ritornerà' in faccia!"

...."If you spit into the sky, it will come back to hit you in the face."

Re: NEW: ButtonGuys ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 11/13/23 09:28 PM

Confucius say...

"A false friend who sneaks up and stabs you in the back, is far worse than an acknowledged enemy who slaps you directly in the face."

Re: NEW: ButtonGuys ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 11/14/23 01:12 PM

Confucius say….

“Many a feeble-minded adult son, will sometimes master the art of ‘weaponized incompetence’ in order to mask his life’s failures and disappointments.”

Re: NEW: ButtonGuys ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 11/15/23 02:20 AM

"Always be a first-rate version of yourself and not a second-rate version of someone else." - Judy Garland

Re: NEW: ButtonGuys ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 11/16/23 05:01 PM

Confucius say…

“A wise and productive son makes a glad and proud father. But an incompetent one brings only constant embarrassment to his father and sorrow to his mother”

Re: NEW: ButtonGuys ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 11/17/23 09:47 PM

For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? - The Bible

Re: NEW: ButtonGuys ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 11/18/23 10:34 AM

“Develop success from failures...Used properly, discouragement and failure are two of the surest stepping stones to future success.” —Dale Carnegie

Re: NEW: ButtonGuys ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 11/20/23 09:59 PM

Confucius say...

"Don't engage ignorant, jealous people. Instead, just realize what they are, and then discard these clowns like the trash they are!"

Re: NEW: ButtonGuys ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 11/20/23 10:58 PM

If you bother to stop for a spilt second and gauge it, the rhythm is actually quite comical here.

Re: NEW: ButtonGuys ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 11/21/23 02:26 AM

This is very apropos for this evening.
-

Confucius say...

"Feel sorry for envious, jealous people. Because they are feeble-minded and weak of character. They hate and envy others they view as being better than them, accomplishing things they only wish they could achieve in life."

Re: NEW: ButtonGuys ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 11/22/23 11:52 PM

"It takes two years to learn how to speak and sixty years for some to learn how to keep quiet!" --- Ernest Hemingway

Lol. You can say that again!... Are you listening, Shiny? Pay attention!

Re: NEW: ButtonGuys ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 11/24/23 04:02 PM

Confucius say...

“Success is getting what you want. But true happiness is wanting and accepting what you get.”

Re: NEW: ButtonGuys ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 11/25/23 05:33 AM

"Some people are just a special kind of stupid." - unknown

Re: NEW: ButtonGuys ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 11/26/23 05:30 PM

Confucius say...

"All trust involves some type of vulnerability or risk, and nothing would count as trust, if there were not too the alternate possibility of betrayal."
Posted By: Friend of Henry

Re: NEW: ButtonGuys ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 11/26/23 07:05 PM

When you walk into a room and don't spot the sucker, you're the sucker :-(

Re: NEW: ButtonGuys ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 11/28/23 11:03 PM

Our very own resident man of respect, Don Calogero, offers up some very wise words this evening...This is a rare and ancient Sicilian saying that was taught to young picciotto on their way up....
-

"When questioned, always be cautious. Imagine a Stiletto is pointed at your throat. If you open your mouth, the dagger cuts you...but keep your mouth shut, and you'll survive unscathed."

...Wise words, that the wiser mafiosi have been taught and live by!

Re: NEW: ButtonGuys ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 11/30/23 10:13 PM

“Fraud does, in truth, recoil upon the fraudulent, and the schemer falls into the pit which he digs for another.” - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

Re: NEW: ButtonGuys ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 12/02/23 01:25 AM

"It is the character of very few men to honor without envy a friend who has prospered." - Aeschylus

Re: NEW: ButtonGuys ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 12/04/23 12:45 PM

Confucius say...
-

"Be careful as you go, because it takes a long time to get to the top, but a short time to get to the bottom.” –

Re: NEW: ButtonGuys ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 12/04/23 01:47 PM

Confucius say...
-

"Be careful as you go, because it takes a long time to get to the top, but a short time to get to the bottom.” –

. This so true. Many want to be at the top of the mountain but the fall is quick and devastating. Try to ficus on the good things you have, it’s goid to strive for bigger things but don’t make it consume you

Re: NEW: ButtonGuys ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 12/04/23 05:34 PM

Confucius say...
-

. This so true. Many want to be at the top of the mountain but the fall is quick and devastating. Try to ficus on the good things you have, it’s goid to strive for bigger things but don’t make it consume you

I completely agree with you JC. Appreciate all the things you have, stop and smell the coffee, instead of being consumed with constantly trying to attain more and more.

Re: NEW: ButtonGuys ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 12/06/23 09:13 PM

Wednesday Wisdom....

“Try, not so much, to become a man of success, but rather become a man of high value.” – Albert Einstein

Re: NEW: ButtonGuys ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 12/07/23 11:14 AM

“If tomorrow I go wrong, I would want to be hit so as not to bring harm to this thing of ours.” ~ Vito (Don Vitone) Genovese

Re: NEW: ButtonGuys ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 12/07/23 11:31 AM

“L’omini all’àutu e li scecchi a la via.” ~ Men in high places and jackasses along the road recognize each other. – Sicilian Proverb

Re: NEW: ButtonGuys ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 12/08/23 01:56 PM

As the famous Mark Twain once observed...

"Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."

Re: NEW: ButtonGuys ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 12/09/23 11:23 AM

"Everybody's a tough guy, until the real tough guy walks into the room." - Unknown

Re: NEW: ButtonGuys ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 12/09/23 01:43 PM

"All the glitters is not gold" - William Shakespeare

Re: NEW: ButtonGuys ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 12/10/23 12:58 AM

Confucius say...

"It is better to fail in originality than to succeed in imitation."

Ain't that the truth...And I suggest certain people take heed of this sage advice. lol

Re: NEW: ButtonGuys ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 12/10/23 10:11 AM

Don Calogero advises…

“Be careful who you confide in. Few are worthy of such knowledge, the rest will have things to use against you down the road.”

Re: NEW: ButtonGuys ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 12/10/23 10:53 AM

Don Calogero advises…

“Be careful who you confide in. Few are worthy of such knowledge, the rest will have things to use against you down the road.”

. So true. Gotta be aware of what type of information you share and who you share it with. Sadly not a ton of people you can fully trust

Re: NEW: ButtonGuys ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 12/10/23 04:41 PM

Confucius say…

“Be careful who you vent too. A listening ear is also a loose tongue.”
--

And "Don" Calogero advises us that...

"Your best friend today, could become your worst enemy tomorrow"

Re: NEW: ButtonGuys ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 12/13/23 01:07 AM

Confucius say...

"Life without God is like an unsharpened pencil - it has no point."

Re: NEW: ButtonGuys ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 12/13/23 01:43 PM

"Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery that mediocrity can pay to greatness." - Oscar Wilde

...ain't that the truth! lol
Posted By: Giacalone

Re: BGs ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 12/13/23 08:15 PM

Confucius say...

Confucius never uttered such words. He wasn't into God. He is someone who emphasized the importance of character, ethical behavior, and the cultivation of virtues. Whether you believe in God or not, it doesn't hurt to read Confucius. I've been an admirer of his for years.

That being said, you actually quoted Billy Graham wink

Re: BGs ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 12/13/23 08:23 PM

Originally Posted by Giacalone
Confucius say...

Confucius never uttered such words. He wasn't into God. He is someone who emphasized the importance of character, ethical behavior, and the cultivation of virtues. Whether you believe in God or not, it doesn't hurt to read Confucius. I've been an admirer of his for years.

That being said, you actually quoted Billy Graham wink

Thank you for that correction, Giacalone.

Re: BGs ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 12/13/23 09:05 PM

"Try and be original, it's worth much more than a poor copy."

Because, like the man once said, "It is better to fail in originality than to succeed in imitation."

Re: BGs ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 12/14/23 11:00 AM

"Nobody watches you harder than the people that can't stand you"

Re: BGs ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 12/16/23 11:21 AM

Don Calogero teaches us...

Re: BGs ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 12/16/23 03:09 PM

. Absolutely. It’s not worth it damaging your reputation or morals by trying to seen vengeance on someone who has wronged you. Karma will take care of that

Re: BGs ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 12/16/23 04:13 PM

. Absolutely. It’s not worth it damaging your reputation or morals by trying to seen vengeance on someone who has wronged you. Karma will take care of that

No doubt...

Re: BGs ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 12/17/23 05:27 AM

"If you don't like us, but still watch everything we do, then let's face it, you're a fan!" ...

Re: BGs ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 12/17/23 06:10 AM

Don Calogerop warns...

"When you're considered a threat, you're always a target"

Re: BGs ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 12/19/23 02:24 AM

"Do not underrate what you receive, nor envy others. He who envies others does not obtain peace of mind" - Buddha

Re: BGs ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 12/19/23 08:40 PM

Confucius say...

"The hardest prison to escape is often your own mind"

Re: BGs ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 12/20/23 08:49 AM

And now I think its time for another installment of my famous "Wiseguy Wisdom" quotes, because lately we've been witnessing way too many copycats trying to mimic our style and every move...And as the old saying goes, "I feel the natives have been getting a little too restless lately." LOL

"I never worry about people copying us, because their next move can't happen until we make ours...so regardless of what they do, they'll always be behind us!" ...ain't that the truth!

Re: BGs ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 12/20/23 10:22 PM

Don Calogero schools the aspiring young picciotti in his regime as follows...

"Always carry yourselves with confidence, because the question is not who is going to let us...it is who is going to stop us!"

Re: BGs ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 12/23/23 10:08 AM

Here's a little holiday "Wiseguy Wisdom" for this Christmas season...
-

"He who has not Christmas in his heart will never find it under a tree.”

Re: BGs ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 12/26/23 01:19 AM

Reflecting on Christmas spirit this Christmas Night...
--
“Christmas waves a magic wand over this world, and behold, everything is suddenly softer and more beautiful.”

Re: BGs ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 12/27/23 03:00 PM

"As you talk about us and fruitlessly plot behind our backs, you can also watch as God keeps blessing us and advancing us in front of your faces."

...and while you're back there, you can also kiss our asses!

Re: BGs ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 12/27/23 05:22 PM

"As you talk about us and fruitlessly plot behind our backs, you can also watch as God keeps blessing us and advancing us in front of your faces."

...and while you're back there, you can also kiss our asses!

-

And while I'm at it, here's a little more food for thought... "Envy and jealousy are incurable diseases." - Robert Kraft

Re: BGs ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 12/27/23 10:40 PM

"It is not love that is blind, but jealousy" - Buddha

Re: BGs ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 12/28/23 08:11 PM

"The true measure of success is a calm nervous system and relaxed outlook"

Re: BGs ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 12/29/23 01:23 AM

Confucius say...

"Envy is the art of counting the other fellow's blessings instead of your own."

Re: BGs ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 12/29/23 10:52 AM

Confucius say...

"True confidence has no room for jealousy and envy. When you know you are great, you have no reason to hate."

Re: BGs ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 12/29/23 01:04 PM

Don Calogero observes...

"Unfortunately in human nature, in life, often the most difficult part of finding success is then trying to find someone who is happy for you."

....Ain't that the truth!

Re: BGs ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 12/29/23 11:34 PM

Don Calogero teaches us that...

"There are some guys, the jealous sort, who wouldn't give you a compliment if they were on fire and you were holding a fire extinguisher in your hands."

Re: BGs ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 12/30/23 12:17 AM

"Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes off your goal." - Henry Ford

Re: BGs ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 12/30/23 12:56 AM

"Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes off your goal." - Henry Ford

. So true. Stay focused and things will work themselves out

Re: BGs ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 12/30/23 05:58 AM

. So true. Stay focused and things will work themselves out

No doubt!

Re: BGs ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 12/30/23 11:39 AM

“You only have two choices, fellas. And that is to either quit or be exceptional…Just being average copycats is for losers!” - Button Guys

Re: BGs ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 12/30/23 02:41 PM

“You only have two choices, fellas. And that is to either quit or be exceptional…Just being average copycats is for losers!” - Button Guys

...and for jerk-offs and nerdy little worms. Lol

Re: BGs ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 12/30/23 11:52 PM

"Good artists copy. Great artists steal." - Pablo Picasso

..."And bullshit artists still produce shit. Lol" - The Other Guy

Re: BGs ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 12/31/23 09:41 AM

A little Wiseguy Wisdom this Sunday morning from B.C. Forbes...

"Jealousy of others is an inner consciousness of one's own inferiority. It is a mental cancer."

Re: BGs ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 12/31/23 07:52 PM

Confucius say...

“What the New Year will bring to you, depends a great deal on what you bring to the New Year!”

Re: BGs ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 01/01/24 08:50 PM

"Envy, like flame, blackens that which is directly above it, but which it cannot reach." - Jean Antoine Petit-Sean

Re: BGs ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 01/02/24 10:20 AM

Confucius say...

"Some people want to see everything go wrong for you because nothing ever goes right for them."

Re: BGs ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 01/03/24 11:02 PM

Confucius say...

"Nobody has the power to take two steps together, you can take only one step at a time."

Re: BGs ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 01/04/24 08:55 AM

"Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap but by the seeds you plant." - Robert Louis Stevenson

Re: BGs ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 01/04/24 09:30 AM

"Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap but by the seeds you plant." - Robert Louis Stevenson

Good one.

Re: BGs ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 01/11/24 09:05 PM

"Warriors who are victorious always make sure they're winners first, before going to war. While defeated warriors will go to war first, seeking and hoping for a win!"

Re: BGs ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 01/12/24 05:43 PM

Don Calogero observes...

"Sheep spend their entire lives in fear of the wolf...only to be eaten by the Shepard."

Re: BGs ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 01/14/24 07:48 PM

An inspirational quote for this coming year - 2024...

Let our New Year's resolution be this: "We will be there for one another as fellow members of humanity, in the finest sense of the word!"

...A heart-warming and inspiring thought if ever there was one...Happy Sunday everyone!

Re: BGs ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 01/14/24 07:52 PM

Let our New Year's resolution be this: "We will be there for one another as fellow members of humanity, in the finest sense of the word!"

...A heart-warming and inspiring thought if ever there was one...Happy Sunday everyone

!
. Amen to that. World is such a better place when people are good to each other

Re: BGs ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 01/14/24 08:20 PM

...A heart-warming and inspiring thought if ever there was one...Happy Sunday everyone

!

Thats soooo true JC! And from day to day, as people get bogged down with their own problems and bullshit, many forget how to be "nice" to other folks.

PS: One more thing...if I may say so. As time has passed, I've noticed that you and I are simpatico on many things, JC. So kudos to you, my man!...Its really nice, and very refreshing to see.

Re: BGs ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 01/14/24 08:27 PM

!

Thats soooo true JC! And from day to day, as people get bogged down with their own problems and bullshit, many forget how to be "nice" to other folks.

PS: One more thing...if I may say so. As time has passed, I've noticed that you and I are simpatico on many things, JC. So kudos to you, my man!...Its really nice, and very refreshing to see.

. I appreciate the kind words NYMafia. Right back you. I’ve said many times I have a lot of respect for you because you’re on the up and up and don’t take it personal when people have different opinions. We share a lot of the same viewpoints but we also have different viewpoints regarding the mob. I’m up front about it that mob history interests me but I’m certainly not a fan of mobsters especially coming from a law enforcement family but you and most others I’ve have great conversations these past 13 years or so that I’ve been on this forum.
I sincerely appreciate that!

Re: BGs ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 01/14/24 08:42 PM

!

. I appreciate the kind words NYMafia. Right back you. I’ve said many times I have a lot of respect for you because you’re on the up and up and don’t take it personal when people have different opinions. We share a lot of the same viewpoints but we also have different viewpoints regarding the mob. I’m up front about it that mob history interests me but I’m certainly not a fan of mobsters especially coming from a law enforcement family but you and most others I’ve have great conversations these past 13 years or so that I’ve been on this forum.
I sincerely appreciate that!

Thank you JC.

I try to respect all viewpoints, from both a law enforcement perspective as well as a street perspective, because, as I believe I've stated in the past, I have many beloved family members who lived as both, either as cops or in the street...in a very significant way, if I may add.

So, during my lifetime, I've been fortunate enough to be in the very unique position of being able to see both sides of the coin, the so-called "ying and the yang" of things. I also like to think that it's helped me weigh the good and the bad of each.

Re: BGs ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 01/14/24 11:37 PM

"Life is inherently risky. There is only one big risk, the biggest risk, that you should avoid at all costs, and that is the risk of doing nothing." - Denis Waitley

Re: BGs ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 01/17/24 12:32 PM

“One man with enough courage creates a majority.” – Andrew Jackson

Re: BGs ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 01/18/24 05:28 AM

"The best-laid schemes of mice and men often go astray" - Robert Burns, from the poem, "To the Mice"

Re: BGs ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 01/18/24 06:01 AM

"The best-laid schemes of mice and men often go astray" - Robert Burns, from the poem, "To the Mice"

-

"Keep every stone they throw at you....After all, you've got castles to build."

Re: BGs ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 01/19/24 09:34 AM

Don Calogero advises us...

"The roads that will lead you to success or failure look almost exactly the same...so thread carefully."

Re: BGs ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 01/21/24 03:21 PM

“No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted"...

“Constant kindness can accomplish much. For just as the sun melts ice, kindness causes misunderstandings, mistrusts, and hostilities to evaporate...A single act of kindness takes root in all directions and these roots spring up and make new trees.”

Re: BGs ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 01/21/24 11:46 PM

“There are four kinds of people to avoid in the world...the assholes, the ass-wipes, the ass-kissers, and those who’d like to shit on you.” — Unknown

Re: BGs ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 01/22/24 11:03 AM

A Thought for This Monday Morning....
-

“When you arise in the morning, think of what a privilege it is to be alive, to think, to enjoy, to love…” – Marcus Aurelius

Re: BGs ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 01/22/24 01:59 PM

“There are four kinds of people to avoid in the world...the assholes, the ass-wipes, the ass-kissers, and those who’d like to shit on you.” — Unknown

. Always a good idea to stay away from the ass people lol. On a serious note I’m not sure who is worse the upfront assholes or ones who are nice to your face but screw you from behind

Re: BGs ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 01/22/24 02:13 PM

. Always a good idea to stay away from the ass people lol. On a serious note I’m not sure who is worse the upfront assholes or ones who are nice to your face but screw you from behind

Exactly. I agree....The schemers...

Re: BGs ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 01/23/24 11:24 AM

And now, I do think it's time for a few select people to receive a little more "wiseguy wisdom"....

“Never give your attention to someone who deserves only your silence.”

Re: BGs ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 01/24/24 10:13 AM

THE 7 RULES OF LIFE...

1) Make peace with your past...so it won't disturb your future.

2) What other people think of you is none of your business.

3) The only person in charge of your happiness is you.

4) Don't compare your life to others, because comparison is the thief of joy.

5) Time heals almost everything. So give it time.

6) STOP thinking so much. It's alright not to know all the answers.

7) Smile. You don't own all the problems out there in the world.
-

Re: BGs ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 01/26/24 01:19 PM

“Life is not measured by the ‘number’ of strokes we make, or breaths we take, but rather by the ‘quality’ of the strokes, and moments, that take our breath away.”

Re: BGs ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 01/26/24 01:25 PM

“Life is not measured by the ‘number’ of strokes we make, or breaths we take, but rather by the ‘quality’ of the strokes, and moments, that take our breath away.”

A wise word for those fellas to consider, who are even "wise" enough to grasp the deeper meaning of my quote.

Re: BGs ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 01/27/24 07:33 AM

Lady Gaga offers one woman's perspective...

“Some women choose to follow men, and some choose to follow their dreams. But if you’re wondering which way to go, always remember that your career will never wake up and tell you it doesn’t love you anymore.” — Lady Gaga

Re: BGs ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 01/29/24 03:00 PM

A thought for this Monday morning...

“Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity” - M.L.K. Jr.

Re: BGs ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 01/30/24 02:10 PM

“The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits.” - Albert Einstein

Re: BGs ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 01/30/24 08:55 PM

“The only good is knowledge. The only evil is ignorance.” - Herodotus

Re: BGs ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 02/01/24 01:27 PM

"Remember to always keep your friends close...but your enemies even closer." - an old Italian wiseguy saying

Re: BGs ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 02/01/24 02:29 PM

...Some people make things happen, some watch things happen, while others ask themselves, "What just happened?"

Re: BGs ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 02/01/24 02:48 PM

"Remember to always keep your friends close...but your enemies even closer." - an old Italian wiseguy saying

+1

Re: BGs ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 02/01/24 10:59 PM

+1

+2 LOL

Re: BGs ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 02/02/24 07:07 PM

And now, its time for a little history lesson…
--

What's the difference between the legendary Roman Emperor Giulio Cesare and a common dominatrix?

He said… "I came! I saw! I conquered!"

"She" said… "I saw! I conquered! I came!"

Re: BGs ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 02/02/24 11:52 PM

Don Calogero teaches his young picciotti...

“Everybody's a tough guy, until the real tough guy walks into the room.” Lol

So true!

Re: BGs ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 02/03/24 09:09 PM

Some mysteries through the ages...and food for thought....
-

If Cinderella's shoe were such a perfect fit, then why did it fall off? LOL

If friends will buy you food, then why is it that best friends always eat your food?

Why is it, that at night I can't seem to fall asleep. And Yet, in the morning, I can't seem to wake up?

Why is it that some people are like clouds? When they go away, the day suddenly brightens up?

Re: BGs ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 02/05/24 10:53 AM

Good mornin' gents! "Top of the day to you" as they say back in Ireland.

It's Monday morning. The start of a brand new week that holds endless possibilities (both good and bad.)

So here's a little gem for everyone to keep in mind to start the week off on the right foot. It sets a proper tone. Let it be your mantra, if you will...

"It's nice to be important. But it's more important to always be nice."

Posted By: ralphie_cifaretto

Re: BGs ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 02/05/24 10:56 AM

Beautiful. Some days I think "The Other Guy isn't so bad." Have a good day sir

Re: BGs ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 02/08/24 10:49 PM

“Always remember... Lies are carried by envious haters, spread by fools, and accepted by idiots.”

...In other words, distance yourself from the assholes out there in cyberland. Lol

Re: BGs ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 02/08/24 10:51 PM

+1 LOL

Re: BGs ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 02/08/24 10:56 PM

“Always remember... Lies are carried by envious haters, spread by fools, and accepted by idiots.”

...In other words, distance yourself from the assholes out there in cyberland. Lol

Just like the "little man" behind the curtain in The Wizard of Oz.

Re: BGs ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 02/08/24 11:19 PM

Just like the "little man" behind the curtain in The Wizard of Oz.

LOL. Judging from the mentality and infantile comments a few posters constantly put on display on this forum, I'd say he's a "very little man." LOL

Re: BGs ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 02/09/24 01:27 PM

IMPORTANT RULES TO REMEMBER IN LIFE:
1. Money cannot buy happiness, but it’s more comfortable to cry in a Mercedes than on a bicycle.
2. Forgive your enemy, but remember the bastard’s name.
3. Help a man when he is in trouble, and he'll be sure to remember you when he is in trouble again.
4. Many people are alive only because it’s illegal to shoot them.
5. Alcohol does not solve any problems, but then again, neither does milk.

Re: BGs ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 02/10/24 12:51 AM

It has been said that….“Nothing baffles and frustrates the schemes of devious people so much as the calm composure and resolve of great souls.”

Re: BGs ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 02/11/24 01:57 PM

Some Sunday "Wisdom"
--

Confucius say…

“There are few people in life as useless, as those who spend their time doing efficiently, that which should not be done at all.”

Re: BGs ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 02/12/24 02:37 AM

Some Sunday Wisdom...

“Facts” do not cease to exist simply because they are ignored, refuted, corrupted, or "certain" people try to change the narrative. Like the fella once said, "It is what it is, and it's gonna be what it's gonna be...so you'd better get used to it!"

Re: BGs ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 02/12/24 10:12 AM

"WINNING is not everything--but making the EFFORT to win is." - Vince Lombardi, Green Bay Packers

PS: Nick Civella would have been very happy last night. lol

Re: BGs ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 02/12/24 01:18 PM

“We now accept the fact that learning is a lifelong process of keeping abreast of change. And the most pressing task is to teach people how to learn.”—Peter Drucke

Re: BGs ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 02/13/24 09:21 AM

“Tolerance will eventually reach such a level, that the intelligent people will be banned from thinking, so as not to offend the imbeciles out there.” - Dostoievski

Re: BGs ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 02/13/24 06:56 PM

“Never underestimate the power of an idiot with emotional problems” - anonymous

Re: BGs ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 02/13/24 07:01 PM

“Never underestimate the power of an idiot with emotional problems” - anonymous

+10000

Re: BGs ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 02/13/24 10:11 PM

Those who design foolproof systems fail to take into account the ingenuity of fools.

"A fool will always find a bigger fool to admire him"
(Old Proverb)

Re: BGs ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 02/13/24 10:29 PM

Those who design foolproof systems fail to take into account the ingenuity of fools.

"A fool will always find a bigger fool to admire him"
(Old Proverb)

Maybe so, but always remember too, that "The ignorant are always ignorant of the depth of their ignorance.” LOL

...until it's too late of course. And even then, there are still some ignoramuses, so dense, that they still wonder what happened and why it happened! (new proverb) LOL

Re: BGs ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 02/14/24 01:35 PM

“Ignorance can be cured. But stupidity?…Thats forever.”

Re: BGs ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 02/14/24 07:29 PM

"Conmen can fool all the people some of the time, and some of the people all of the time, but you cannot fool all the people all the time!" - Abraham Lincoln (with a bit of poetic license added, lol)

Re: BGs ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 02/19/24 12:13 AM

Some Sunday night "Wiseguy Wisdom"...

"A smart man will believe only half of what he hears. But a wise man knows which half."

Re: BGs ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 02/19/24 09:57 PM

"Smart people learn from everything and everyone, while average people from their own experiences. But stupid people? Well, you know, they already have all the answers."

Re: BGs ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 02/20/24 01:59 AM

"The definition of insanity, is doing the exact same thing, over and over, day after day, but expecting different results." - Albert Einstein

...HELLO!....ANYBODY HOME??? LOL

Re: BGs ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 02/20/24 02:30 PM

"No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth." - Plato

Re: BGs ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 02/21/24 01:48 AM

“Those who live in glass houses, should never throw stones.” - Troilus and Criseyde (1385)

Re: BGs ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 02/21/24 01:25 PM

"Life is tough, but its tougher when you're stupid." - John Wayne

Re: BGs ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 02/22/24 12:15 AM

“The second best thing you can do, is learn to ignore the idiots…The first best thing you can do is to identify them.”

Re: BGs ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 02/22/24 05:01 AM

Confucius say...

"The envious die not once, but as oft as the envied win applause."

Re: BGs ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 02/22/24 11:56 AM

"Should you ever find yourself the victim of other people's bitterness, jealousy, lies, and insecurities...don't get upset. Remember things could be worse... You could be them."

Re: BGs ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 02/22/24 05:02 PM

I personally love Carl Jung's work and so I had to post this....simply great wisdom....

Posted By: Giacalone

Re: BGs ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 02/22/24 07:23 PM

I'm a big fan of Carl Jung as well. Thank you for posting that TP

Re: BGs ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 02/22/24 08:01 PM

Originally Posted by Giacalone
I'm a big fan of Carl Jung as well. Thank you for posting that TP

You're welcome bro.

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/h-xI6wrHf9w

Re: BGs ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 02/23/24 12:59 AM

I’m not anti-social. I’m selectively social. There's a difference”

Re: BGs ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 02/23/24 02:34 AM

"It is better to create something that others criticize, than create nothing and criticize others."

Re: BGs ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 02/23/24 09:09 PM

Confucius say...

“Confidence basks in silence. Insecurity never shuts up.”

Re: BGs ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 02/23/24 09:33 PM

"Learn to think for yourself, and not to be a mindless sheep, waiting to be prodded by its shepherd."

Re: BGs ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 02/25/24 04:40 PM

Confucius say…

“Make sure not to feed every stray dog you see in the road. Some just need to build up enough strength to bite you.”

Re: BGs ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 02/25/24 05:00 PM

"Learn to think for yourself, and not to be a mindless sheep, waiting to be prodded by its shepherd."

Ain't that the truth...lol.

Re: BGs ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 02/26/24 09:54 PM

“Have enough resolve and conviction to say what you want to say. Not what you think people want to hear.”

Re: BGs ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 02/27/24 01:50 PM

“Plotting revenge is not in our plans. They’ll fuck themselves up all on their own.” - anonymous

Re: BGs ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 02/28/24 12:58 AM

A few wise and savvy words from our very own Don Calogero this evening...

“Never remove your crown just so that weak, insecure people feel more comfortable.”

Re: BGs ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 02/28/24 08:38 PM

Confucius say...

"A seed grows with no sound, but a tree falls with a huge noise. Destruction is noisy, but creation is quiet. This is the power of silence..."

Re: BGs ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 02/29/24 05:42 AM

Confucius say…

“One must learn who is pure gold and who is simply gold-plated”

Re: BGs ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 03/03/24 02:35 PM

Confucius say...

“Silence in the face of provocation or offense is called maturity...and strength”

(now go put that in your pipe and smoke it. Lets see how you like it, LOL)

Re: BGs ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 03/03/24 08:49 PM

Confucius say...

“Nature gives you all the pieces required to achieve optimal wellness and health, but leaves it to you to put the pieces together.”

Re: BGs ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 03/04/24 12:08 PM

Confucius say…

“One cannot hope to build a sturdy castle on shifting sands, nor achieve or sustain a dynasty built on lies and deception.”

Re: BGs ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 03/05/24 05:14 AM

Confucius say...

“A neurotic is the man who builds a castle in thin air. A psychotic is the man who lives in it. A psychiatrist is the man who collects the rent.”

Re: BGs ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 03/05/24 01:31 PM

“The trouble with giving yourself a pep talk, is that deep down you know you’re full of shit.”

Re: BGs ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 03/05/24 11:19 PM

Confucius say...

“The greater the artist, the greater the doubt. Perfect confidence is only granted to the less talented as a consolation prize.”

Re: BGs ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 03/06/24 10:16 AM

"Deviousness and duplicity does, in truth, eventually recoil upon the devious, with the schemer falling into the very pit which he dug for another." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

Re: BGs ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 03/06/24 11:33 AM

"Deviousness and duplicity does, in truth, eventually recoil upon the devious, with the schemer falling into the very pit which he dug for another." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

+1

Re: BGs ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 03/07/24 12:37 PM

Confucius say...

“Sometimes nothing is so difficult as not deceiving oneself.”

Re: BGs ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 03/09/24 05:25 AM

Don Calogero advises....

"Be careful not to let your tongue be your worst enemy"

Re: BGs ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 03/09/24 11:49 AM

Criticize and call me negative
You never faced with my reality
Separate myself from the rest
What the fuck do you expect? - Max Cavalera

Re: BGs ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 03/11/24 11:49 AM

Confucius say...

"One moment of patience may ward off great disaster. One moment of impatience may ruin a whole life." - (ancient Chinese proverb)

Re: BGs ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 03/12/24 09:03 AM

"Patience is a virtue" -- English poet William Langland (1360)

Re: BGs ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 03/13/24 04:28 AM

“I’m a great believer in luck. And I find the harder I work, the more I have of it.” — Thomas Jefferson

Re: BGs ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 03/14/24 09:53 AM

Confucius say...

"There is something worse than missing the target, and that is not pulling the trigger.”

Re: BGs ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 03/14/24 10:02 PM

Confucius say…

“One can never hope to truly build a sturdy castle on shifting sands, nor hope to achieve or sustain a dynasty built on lies, fraud and deception.”

Re: BGs ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 03/15/24 11:03 AM

“I'm so utterly clever, that sometimes, even I don’t understand a single word I've said.” — Oscar Wilde

Re: BGs ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 03/19/24 03:47 PM

Confucius say...

“The greater the artist, the greater the doubt. Perfect confidence is only granted to the less talented as a consolation prize.”

Re: BGs ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 03/19/24 06:30 PM

Confucius say...

“Blowing out someone else’s candle will not make yours shine any brighter.”

Re: BGs ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 03/20/24 06:53 PM

“Unfortunately, some people suffer from pathetic ‘delusions of grandeur’ that, in the end, have unfailingly led to their disappointment.”

Re: BGs ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 03/20/24 07:09 PM

A psychiatrists is the next man you start talking to after you start talking to yourself lol. - Toodoped & Fred Allen

Re: BGs ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 03/20/24 07:21 PM

Here is a very old wiseguy saying that New York City guys "in the know" have recited for many decades, that happens to be very apropos...

“Don’t let your tongue become your worst enemy.”

Re: BGs ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 03/20/24 07:26 PM

The biggest wisdom of all (for certain ppl) lol ..........

[Linked Image]

Re: BGs ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 03/21/24 11:35 AM

"The road to success and the road to failure look almost exactly the same...almost." — Colin R. Davis

Re: BGs ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 03/21/24 02:28 PM

"The road to success and the road to failure look almost exactly the same...almost." — Colin R. Davis

. So True. Both roads can be Incredibly difficult

Re: BGs ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 03/22/24 08:51 PM

"The ability to speak several languages is an asset. But the ability to keep your mouth shut in any language is priceless!"
Posted By: Captbony1999

Re: BGs ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 03/23/24 04:41 PM

Are the Mafia involved in cigarette smuggling and if so how deep are they?

Re: BGs ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 03/24/24 05:22 AM

Confucius say...

"Beware of perpetrators in disguise...Some people set fires wherever they go, and have mastered the art of playing the burn victim."

Re: BGs ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 03/24/24 11:01 PM

“If you’re not willing to risk anything, you may end up risking everything.”

Re: BGs ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 03/25/24 10:31 AM

Confucius say...

“Patience is not the ability to wait, but the ability to keep a good attitude while waiting.”

Re: BGs ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 03/26/24 01:26 AM

“If idiots could fly, the sky would be like an airport.”
- Laura Davenport
Posted By: DiLorenzo

Re: BGs ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 03/26/24 01:30 AM

How many posts are you gonna post that in ??

Re: BGs ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 03/26/24 08:12 PM

Confucius say…

“All cruelty springs from weakness.”

Re: BGs ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 03/26/24 10:28 PM

There is a classic old saying that says, "Every 24 hours brings a brand new world."

Yet, its a day later and I see a certain person still hasn't gotten any smarter than they were the day before. So...“The best way to deal with adolescent stupidity and jealousy is to just ignore it”

Yours truly...."The Other Guy"

Re: BGs ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 03/26/24 10:33 PM

There is a classic old saying that says, "Every 24 hours brings a brand new world."

Yet, its a day later and I see a certain person still hasn't gotten any smarter than they were the day before. So...“The best way to deal with adolescent stupidity and jealousy is to just ignore it”

Because I made you look like a fool and exposed that you're using two accounts {against forum rules} to try and bring more attention to your blog !!!

Re: BGs ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 03/26/24 10:54 PM

Originally Posted by DiLorenzo

Because I made you look like a fool and exposed that you're using two accounts {against forum rules} to try and bring more attention to your blog !!!

LOL. Don't flatter yourself.

Re: BGs ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 03/26/24 11:00 PM

LOL. Don't flatter yourself.

I'm laughing here bro, because you said Sinatra was the best blue eyed gangster {expert}

And then you're obviously posting under two different names Mafia Student and NYMafia and its obviously against forum rules, only to try and gain subscribers and you know it, and the mods know it as well !!!

Re: BGs ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 03/28/24 10:52 AM

Confucius say…

“If size mattered, the Elephant would be king of the jungle.”

Re: BGs ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 03/28/24 04:44 PM

Confucius say…

“If size mattered, the Elephant would be king of the jungle.”

You argue with everyone on here and aren't very good at it...

Stick to posting under two accounts and try and go out once in a while and enjoy life !!!

Re: BGs ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 03/28/24 05:04 PM

“The Lion does not turn around when a small dog barks.” - Old African proverb
Posted By: Capri

Re: BGs ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 03/29/24 08:04 AM

How the Lion know, small dog barking if it does not turn around lol

I been enjoying, good laugh at Jokes, Riddles, Wisdom Corner Thanks to all posting

Re: BGs ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 03/29/24 07:21 PM

Originally Posted by Capri

How the Lion know, small dog barking if it does not turn around lol

I been enjoying, good laugh at Jokes, Riddles, Wisdom Corner Thanks to all posting

I guess the Lion must have real good hearing, Capri. lol.

PS: And you're very welcome for all the jokes, etc. I'm glad you enjoy my stuff....what can I say, except that I try. lol

Re: BGs ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 03/30/24 10:32 AM

Don Calogero advises....

“Never be afraid of an army of Lions led by a Sheep. But be afraid of an army of Sheep led by a Lion.”

Re: BGs ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 03/31/24 10:07 AM

“It is better to live one day as a Lion, than a hundred years as a sheep.”

Re: BGs ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 04/02/24 05:16 AM

Whatever you say ''Google Boy''

Re: BGs ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 04/02/24 05:22 AM

“It is better to live one day as a Lion, than a hundred years as a sheep.”

You're a lion ?? Lol

You're on here 16 hours a day begging for viewers to pay for your blog that nobody gives a shit about... You spent god knows how many hours googling info on people from Pittsburgh, who the hell gives a damn about them besides a guy with way too much time on his hands ??

Get out and enjoy life pal...Or god forbid, go look for a girl and get laid !!!

Re: BGs ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 04/02/24 12:16 PM

Confucius say…

“It is only when mosquito land on your balls, that you realize there is another way to solve problems without using violence.”

Re: BGs ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 04/02/24 12:54 PM

....and WHAT THE HELL is this thread doing in the organized crime forum????????? This should be placed in the General forum. Ill report it right away........

Re: BGs ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 04/03/24 07:35 AM

“The problem with doing nothing, is that you never know when you’re finished.” ~ Groucho Marx (No doubt about it, Groucho was one of the truest "wiseguys"...or wisenheimers, who ever lived) lol

Re: BGs ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 04/04/24 10:31 AM

"Success is not final, and failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue on that counts." ~ Winston S. Churchill

Re: BGs ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 04/04/24 09:04 PM

I'm finished ??? Keep bringing it on junior....

You have to google everything you know..You know nobobdy !!!

Mr. google

Re: BGs ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 04/04/24 09:25 PM

Since, I know he's watching without the balls to come back in,...I might leave for 2 or 3 days...My life isn't as pathetic as his...I'll respond when I get to it.....And it seems like a lay up

Re: BGs ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 04/05/24 05:22 AM

"Always remember that it's mind over matter, and if you don't mind, then it don't matter."

Re: BGs ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 04/05/24 06:58 AM

Get back to googling young fella !!!

Re: BGs ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 04/05/24 12:27 PM

Confucius say…

“Some people should not live in house with more than one toilet, because it gives them delusions of grandeur.”

Re: BGs ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 04/06/24 09:29 PM

“Learn as if you will live forever, live and conduct yourself like you will die tomorrow.” ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Re: BGs ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 04/08/24 09:56 AM

Confucius say…

“If you change the way you look at things in life, the things in life you look at will also change.”

Re: BGs ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 04/08/24 05:01 PM

“The best way to deal with adolescent stupidity is to just ignore it”

Re: BGs ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 04/09/24 10:04 AM

Confucius say...

"War does not determine who is right or wrong...only who is left standing."

Re: BGs ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 04/09/24 08:05 PM

Confucius says…

“True knowledge is to understand the extent of one’s ignorance.”

Re: BGs ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 04/10/24 06:39 AM

Confucius say...

"A smart man only believes half of what he hears, a wise man knows which half."

Re: BGs ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 04/10/24 08:16 PM

It is said...

"How people treat you is their Karma. How you react is yours."

Re: BGs ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 04/10/24 10:58 PM

The Vulture....

Of all creatures, the Vulture had it the easiest. The hard work of others becomes his work. Their work, sweat and effort becomes opportunity for the Vulture to pick away at them to nourish himself.

So make sure to keep an eye out for the Vulture! For while you're hard at work, this scavenger is always circling above with bad intentions.

Re: BGs ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 04/13/24 04:55 AM

Wow....I really got inside your head with just a couple of posts huh ?? Lol

Re: BGs ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 04/13/24 05:31 AM

The Vulture....

Of all creatures, the Vulture

You spent 8 days googling this ??

Get a life bro !!! Lol

Re: BGs ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 04/16/24 10:06 AM

"Oh, what a tangled web we weave, when first we practice to deceive!" ~ Sir Walter Scott (1808)

Re: BGs ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 04/16/24 03:19 PM

"Oh, what a tangled web we weave, when first we practice to deceive!" ~ Sir Walter Scott (1808)

Ain't that the truth.....
Posted By: Friend_of_Henry

Re: BGs ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 04/16/24 03:40 PM

Ain't that the truth.....

Re: BGs ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 04/16/24 05:53 PM

Karma's just sharpening her nails and finishing her drink. She says she'll be with you shortly.

Re: BGs ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 04/16/24 07:51 PM

Don Calogero teaches us that...

"A clever person takes notice of everything. While a stupid one makes a comment about everything."

Re: BGs ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 04/16/24 09:38 PM

“Some people (trolls) seem to have a vested interest in repeatedly tripping over their own tongues…And they do it so often, they've now elevated it to almost an art form. The best part is they never seem to get any smarter. Because the harsh reality is that they just can’t help themselves…they truly are ‘THAT’ ignorant!”

…case in point. Lol.

Re: BGs ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 04/16/24 09:39 PM

What normal young fella has 18 hours a day to google gangsters and then go and post on forums all day long???

Get a life bro...Or god forbid, get a job !!

And we all know Mafia Student is your 2nd account...That's how pathetic you are !!!

Re: BGs ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 04/16/24 09:54 PM

I guess he went back to his spider status !!!!

Isn't weird that Mafia Student and NY Mafia share the same exact videos on YouTube ??

Its right in their profile pics !!!

I assume the mods will give you a pass because you have no life and I guess contribute to the board with boring threads

Re: BGs ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 04/16/24 10:01 PM

What normal young fella has 18 hours a day to google gangsters and then go and post on forums all day long???

And we all know Mafia Student is your 2nd account...That's how pathetic you are !!!

DiLorenzo. You've been here long enough to know that these are two separate accounts and we are not the same person. So, quit with the shit.

Re: BGs ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 04/16/24 10:02 PM

DiLorenzo. You've been here long enough to know that these are two separate accounts and we are not the same person. So, quit with the shit.

Then why do you both share the same YouTube videos in your profile pics ???

Re: BGs ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 04/16/24 10:05 PM

We don't. Mine is the new BG logo with Mob Fireside Chat American Mafia History and his is the Button Guys NYM - The Other Guy. We've changed logos over the years. My profile pic is our current logo. His profile pic is our old social media profile pic.

Re: BGs ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 04/16/24 10:07 PM

Lol....You're not only a bad debater, but you're an even worse liar !!!

Everyone can see it bro, are you kidding me ?? lol

http://thenewyorkmafia.com
http://youtube.com/mobfiresidechat

Re: BGs ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 04/16/24 10:12 PM

We don't. Mine is the new BG logo with Mob Fireside Chat American Mafia History and his is the Button Guys NYM - The Other Guy. We've changed logos over the years. My profile pic is our current logo. His profile pic is our old social media profile pic.

Or are you talking about our signature here on GBB? In that case, it's because we are partners in the website and our offshoot YouTube podcast so, of course, we're going to put our website and channel in our signature.

Re: BGs ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 04/16/24 10:17 PM

Oh, now all of a sudden we get quick responses from Mafia Student...Unlike the Easter Greetings that he ignored his partner on...Ot anything else till now...

All Mafia Sudent's posts are promoting your blog....

No biggie pal..don't panic, the mods know you have no life and will continue to Google for threads....

Still happy you bumped this thread back up ???

Re: BGs ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 04/16/24 10:20 PM

Oh, now all of a sudden we get quick responses from Mafia Student...Unlike the Easter Greetings that he ignored his partner on...Ot anything else till now...

No biggie pal..don't panic, the mods know you have no life and will continue to Google for threads....

Whatever you say DiLorenzo. Have a nice evening.

Re: BGs ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 04/17/24 03:21 AM

+1 and nicely said.

At least several different accounts and huge fantasy. Embarrassing.

Re: BGs ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 04/17/24 11:20 AM

"We're all gonna die, so let's act accordingly." ~ NYC Mafia boss Francesco S. (Frank Costello) Castiglia

Re: BGs ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 04/18/24 09:47 AM

“Patience is a form of wisdom that demonstrates we understand and accept the fact that sometimes things must unfold in their own time.” ~ Jon Kabat-Zinn

Re: BGs ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 04/19/24 04:40 AM

+1 and nicely said.

At least several different accounts and huge fantasy. Embarrassing.

Thanks, its painfully obvious bro !!!

Re: BGs ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 04/19/24 04:43 AM

The Vulture....

Of all creatures, the Vulture had it the easiest. The hard work of others becomes his work. Their work, sweat and effort becomes opportunity for the Vulture to pick away at them to nourish himself.

So make sure to keep an eye out for the Vulture! For while you're hard at work, this scavenger is always circling above with bad intentions.

Sound just like a Talent Agent !

Re: BGs ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 04/19/24 04:49 AM

Lou Para....NY Mafia's 3rd account !!!

Get a life bro !!!!

At least have the balls to post under NY Mafia, ya coward !!

Re: BGs ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 04/19/24 04:58 AM

Get a life bro !!!!

Since I joined the Forum in 2013 and MYMafia joined in 2019,I'm not sure what kind of paint chip eating,crackhead math you're using.
It's all good though,delusions can be fun !

Re: BGs ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 04/19/24 05:06 AM

Get a life bro !!!!

Since I joined the Forum in 2013 and MYMafia joined in 2019,I'm not sure what kind of paint chip eating,crackhead math you're using.

You're not fooling fooling anybody bro, you're just embarrassing yourself !!!

Keep bumping it up though and embarrassing yourself !! Lol

Re: BGs ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 04/19/24 05:13 AM

Get a life bro !!!!

I've never been on a board where me or anyone else knew the year another member joined !! Lol

Re: BGs ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 04/19/24 05:16 AM

Get a life bro !!!!

You're not fooling fooling anybody bro, you're just embarrassing yourself !!!

Keep bumping it up though and embarrassing yourself !! Lol
No problem.In the meantime,put on your SpiderMan jammies,grab a bag of Cheetos,and watch some cartoons while the grown-ups are talking.

Re: BGs ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 04/19/24 05:19 AM

Get a life bro !!!!

I've never been on a board where me or anyone else knew the year another member joined !! Lol
Click on the user's name and then click on the profile button, Einstein.

Re: BGs ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 04/19/24 05:23 AM

You're so flustered that you couldn't even respond to my post normally...Twice !!! LOL

What beef do I have with you Lou Para...Why are you upset ?? Lol

Re: BGs ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 04/19/24 05:48 AM

You're so flustered that you couldn't even respond to my post normally...Twice !!! LOL

I'm not upset,but I'm just wondering why,completely out of the blue,you accused me of being a front for NYM.
I've never,in any way made any disparaging remarks about you,and it's obvious that I've been posting for quite a while.
As far as I know,up until today,you haven't made any disparaging remarks about me either.
So all I can say is that I am not who you think I am. If that's not acceptable to you,there's no more to be said.

Re: BGs ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 04/19/24 05:52 AM

I'm not upset,but I'm just wondering why,completely out of the blue,you accused me of being a front for NYM.

Because I've never posted with you in 5 years, and now all of a sudden you waana fight out of nowhere !!

Re: BGs ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 04/19/24 06:26 AM

Get a life bro !!!!

This is the post that started all of this BS. So how do you figure I started something with you?

Re: BGs ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 04/19/24 06:30 AM

Get a life bro !!!!

This is the post that started all of this BS. So how do you figure I started something with you?

Lol,....NY Mafia, you started it, you know you have at least 3 accounts now you're getting away with....Just end it already !!!

Re: BGs ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 04/19/24 11:38 AM

“Never tell your problems to anyone…20% really don’t care, and the other 80% are glad you have them.” ~ Anonymous

Re: BGs ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 04/19/24 09:45 PM

“Sometimes the idea of one’s normality is an increasingly delusional result of their own warped reality.” ~ Sigmund Freud

Re: BGs ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 04/20/24 03:31 AM

“Never tell your problems to anyone…20% really don’t care, and the other 80% are glad you have them.” ~ Anonymous

Its painfully obvious that you do care...

It doesn't matter how much you make a fool of yourself, you keep bumping it up, and I can only assume, you believe this is helping your blog Lol

I think you're embarrassing yourself !!!

Re: BGs ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 04/20/24 08:03 AM

"Observing human behavior is very interesting. Especially watching those who reveal they're true petty nature and darker tendencies when they think they can get away with it...behind a cloak of anonymity." ~ Clinical Psychiatrist (John Hopkins Hospital)

Re: BGs ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 04/21/24 01:28 PM

“If at first you don’t succeed, try, try again.” ~ W.C. Fields

Re: BGs ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 04/21/24 01:59 PM

"Always remember, that it's just a question of mind over matter. And if you don't mind, then it really don't matter!"

Re: BGs ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 04/22/24 08:29 PM

Don Calogero advises….

“When you build in silence, your enemies don’t know what to attack.”

Re: BGs ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 04/22/24 09:55 PM

You're weak kid....Accept your defeat and go away !!!!

Re: BGs ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 04/22/24 10:13 PM

“Without stupid people we would have no one to laugh at. So, I’d just like to take this moment to say thank you for your invaluable contributions to this forum.” Lol

Re: BGs ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 04/23/24 09:49 AM

Confucius say...

"It is said that even death cannot cure an idiot."

Re: BGs ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 04/24/24 05:09 PM

“I really don’t mind when mosquitoes and other blood suckers try to bite me. In fact, I actually find it quite amusing. For I've come to realize, that only then can these insignificant insects ever really know what true success tastes like!”

Re: BGs ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 04/25/24 12:05 PM

“The level of frustration, bitterness, jealousy and envy in a certain person is clearly palpable. So much so, that it's now at crescendo level."

...It's sad for him.

Re: BGs ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 04/25/24 01:58 PM

“The level of frustration, bitterness, jealousy and envy in a certain person is clearly palpable. So much so, that it's now at crescendo level."

...It's sad for him.

...case in point.

Re: BGs ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 04/26/24 08:32 AM

Life teaches us that..."It's always the ones with the dirty hands pointing the fingers."

Re: BGs ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 04/27/24 11:12 AM

The Dalai Lama teaches...

Grapes must be crushed to make wine.
Diamonds form under pressure.
Olives are pressed to release oil.
Seeds grow in darkness.

Whenever you feel crushed, under pressure, pressed,, or in darkness, you're in a powerful place of transformation....

So trust the process!

Re: BGs ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 04/28/24 10:26 AM

“Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.” ~ Mark Twain

Re: BGs ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 04/28/24 10:43 AM

“That’s exactly why we’re killing... to survive. We can’t allow the dead to exist beside the living. Their brains are impaired, they exist for only one purpose. They have to be destroyed.”

Re: BGs ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 04/28/24 10:50 AM

“Patience is not only the ability to simply wait, but is the ability to keep a good attitude while waiting. It is a sign of maturity to not act like a petulant child.”

Re: BGs ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 04/30/24 09:42 AM

“Although completely insignificant in the scheme of things, gnats and mosquitoes are annoying and carry disease. So make sure to do your part and swat one today.”

…This has been a Public Service Announcement. Lol.

Re: BGs ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 05/01/24 09:36 AM

Don Calogero teaches…

“A guy can fool himself to think he's actually important in the scheme of things, you know? Lots of fellas do. You might think that it’s impossible. But it’s really the easiest thing in the world to do…It is called self-delusion!”

Re: BGs ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 05/02/24 10:14 AM

FOOD FOR THOUGHT…

When a person is happy with themselves and satisfied with their life’s accomplishments they don’t need to act derogatory toward others. Happy people exhibit Zen and good Karma…not an acidic tongue from a sour stomach.

Re: BGs ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 05/02/24 10:29 AM

FOOD FOR THOUGHT…

When a person is happy with themselves and satisfied with their life’s accomplishments they don’t need to act derogatory toward others. Happy people exhibit Zen and good Karma…not an acidic tongue from a sour stomach.

...Case in point.

Re: BGs ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 05/03/24 12:07 AM

“Keep your eyes on the stars, but your feet firmly on the ground.” ~ Theodore Roosevelt

Re: BGs ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 05/03/24 10:50 PM

"It is desirable to be both feared and loved. But, this is very difficult to achieve. So, if you cannot be both, then it is far better to be feared than loved...for fear lasts longer." ~ Niccolo’ Machiavelli (with a little embellishment) lol

Re: BGs ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 05/06/24 11:58 AM

Harkening back to The Roman Empire....

"Carpe Diem!"...."Seize the Day!" ~ The Roman poet Horace

Re: BGs ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 05/07/24 08:10 PM

Don Calogero says….

“Figlio mio, remember to always keep your face pointed toward the sunshine, and the dark shadows will always fall behind you!”

Re: BGs ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 05/08/24 11:56 AM

“Man is the hardest animal to kill. If he gets away, he will come back to kill you.” ~ Salvatore (Don Turiddo) Maranzano

Re: BGs ‘WiseGuy Wisdom Corner’ - 05/10/24 11:01 AM

“Great minds talk about ideas…average minds talk about events…small minds talk about people.”
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET