Home

"George Borgesi is the current acting boss"-ScottB

Posted By: ralphie_cifaretto

"George Borgesi is the current acting boss"-ScottB - 05/31/23 03:30 PM

According to Scott Burnsteins sources Georgie Boy Borgesi is running the day to day of the Philly mob presently. Forum thoughts?
Posted By: azguy

Re: "George Borgesi is the current acting boss"-ScottB - 05/31/23 07:57 PM

It was inevitable, he always wanted the position, has deep connections all over the east coast from his decade in jail and has Merlino's trust and his uncle as consigliere.

It seems like they are rotating acting bosses to maybe keep the Feds off balance. It seems like they have had 3 or 4 since the East Coast Mafia bust
Posted By: VitoCahill

Re: "George Borgesi is the current acting boss"-ScottB - 06/01/23 12:39 AM

i probably ask this question once every 4 months or so but...why does this family have an acting boss when joseph merlino is considered the official boss. should borgesis title really be street boss. i may be old school but i always thought the acting position was used when the BOSS was in jail or sick. merlino is none of these, that i know of. a situation like this, in philly is crying out for more turmoil. if merlino dont want all that comes with sitting in the big chair...then step down from the big seat already...something we all know merlino will never do.
Posted By: mike68

Re: "George Borgesi is the current acting boss"-ScottB - 06/01/23 02:08 AM

I have to believe it's all about insulating himself. Give responsibility to Mazzone, Borgesi, Lancelotti, Ligambi etc. in order to shrug your shoulders and say I had nothing to do with it when the time comes.
Posted By: azguy

Re: "George Borgesi is the current acting boss"-ScottB - 06/02/23 12:25 AM

Originally Posted by VitoCahill
i if merlino dont want all that comes with sitting in the big chair...then step down from the big seat already...something we all know merlino will never do.

I agree, but I bet the way he looks at it is....he fought it out on the streets and beat back the Scarfo and Stanfa guys, got shot, lost close friends, shot Scarfo Junior and then doing a decade bid he figures the chair is his until he's done with it
Posted By: Giacalone

Re: "George Borgesi is the current acting boss"-ScottB - 06/02/23 02:58 AM

Joey ain't never stepping down, but he has no desire to involve himself too much. From what I've been hearing is that he doesn't want anything to do with that life. He says it a lot apparently, but his heart is probably still in it
Posted By: hoodlum

Re: "George Borgesi is the current acting boss"-ScottB - 06/02/23 04:03 AM

Originally Posted by azguy
i if merlino dont want all that comes with sitting in the big chair...then step down from the big seat already...something we all know merlino will never do.

I agree, but I bet the way he looks at it is....he fought it out on the streets and beat back the Scarfo and Stanfa guys, got shot, lost close friends, shot Scarfo Junior and then doing a decade bid he figures the chair is his until he's done with it

"beat back the Scarfo guys..".....if the scarfo guys , or @ least a few good men..were out when he tried 2 whack jr. , he would have not been were he is now. he is @ heart,.. a chain grabbin' nonpayin'on gambling dues , purse snachin' jit guzzler...Phil should have killed him when it was time..many moons ago..
Posted By: Serpiente

Re: "George Borgesi is the current acting boss"-ScottB - 06/06/23 09:30 PM

Originally Posted by hoodlum

"beat back the Scarfo guys..".....if the scarfo guys , or @ least a few good men..were out when he tried 2 whack jr. , he would have not been were he is now. he is @ heart,.. a chain grabbin' nonpayin'on gambling dues , purse snachin' jit guzzler...Phil should have killed him when it was time..many moons ago..

For sure perfect timing ! And he was the luckiest gangster ever ! He has 9 lives no doubt . We have been in Baja all winter and a friend went to Italy for a few months and they gave us their NYC place in
Chinatown & Little Italy border . Well we are having a blast ! It’s like the old days … It’s a little different then Philly some guys still aro
Posted By: Face2Face

Re: "George Borgesi is the current acting boss"-ScottB - 06/07/23 11:56 AM

Originally Posted by Serpiente
Originally Posted by hoodlum

For sure perfect timing ! And he was the luckiest gangster ever ! He has 9 lives no doubt . We have been in Baja all winter and a friend went to Italy for a few months and they gave us their NYC place in
Chinatown & Little Italy border . Well we are having a blast ! It’s like the old days … It’s a little different then Philly some guys still aro

Sounds fun Serp.
Posted By: PhillyBilly

Re: "George Borgesi is the current acting boss"-ScottB - 06/07/23 05:56 PM

Yeah Serp
glad to hear from you!!!
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET