Home

Michael Mancuso may be in trouble

Posted By: LuanKuci

Michael Mancuso may be in trouble - 05/17/23 04:12 PM

https://themessenger.com/news/exclusive-reputed-bonanno-mob-boss-in-hot-water-over-gravy-talk

EXCLUSIVE: Reputed Bonanno Mob Boss in Hot Water Over ‘Gravy’ Talk
Wiretap that caught the saucy exchange could send Michael 'The Nose' Mancuso back to prison.

Hope they used a razor to slice the garlic real thin because a conversation about cooking Italian "gravy" could land this alleged mob boss back behind bars.

Federal prosecutors on Tuesday revealed a secretly recorded phone call during which reputed Bonanno crime family kingpin Michael "The Nose" Mancuso may have chatted with a fellow gangster about his dinner plans for the following day.

“You gonna do the gravy today?” Mancuso, 67, asked.

Reputed Colombo family soldier Michael Uvino, 57, responded that he'd "make the sauce in the morning."

Mancuso allegedly got on the line after Uvino called the Real Eyes Optical Store in Great Neck, Long Island, and spoke with owner Laura Keller, his girlfriend, who sat in the front row for Tuesday's hearing in Brooklyn federal court.

Mancuso has been a widower since he fatally shot his wife, Evelina, in 1984, for which he pleaded guilty to second-degree manslaughter and served a nine-year prison sentence.

He served another 15-year sentence for conspiring in the 2004 murder of a Bonanno associate, Randolph Pizzolo, who was fatally shot after Mancuso lured him to an industrial section of Brooklyn.

The triggerman in the hit, reputed Bonanno soldier Anthony "Ace" Aiello, was sentenced to 30 years in prison.

Michael 'The Nose' Mancuso was surveilled dining with other alleged wiseguys, including on Oct. 7, 2020 at a restaurant in Long Island. . (U.S. Attorney's Office for the Eastern District of New York)
The Bonanno boss at the time, Vincent "Vinny Gorgeous" Basciano, allegedly gave the order to have Pizzolo killed. Turncoat ex-Bonanno boss Joseph Massino testified that Basciano told him in prison it was payback for a drunken rant in which Pizzolo demanded to be sworn into their crime family.

Mancuso was released in 2019 and the Oct. 24, 2020, call is among the evidence prosecutors presented Tuesday to try to prove he violated the terms of his supervised release by associating with known felons.

The feds also introduced surveillance photos that allegedly show Mancuso and other organized crime figures attending birthday dinners at Salvatore's of Elmont on Long Island on Oct. 7, 2020, and at Patrizia's restaurant in the Bronx on Oct. 24, 2020.

Michael Mancuso
FBI agents surveilled Mancuso leaving a Bronx restaurant alone after allegedly eating dinner with a cohort of mobsters. (U.S. Attorney's Office for the Eastern District of New York)
The Oct. 7 event honored reputed Colombo family captain Vincent "Vinny Unions" Ricciardo, 77, FBI Agent Jarryd Butler testified.

Ricciardo and Uvino were later busted during a 2021 roundup of what the feds called the entire "administration" of the Colombo family and they're now locked up awaiting trial.

Mancuso's defense lawyer, Stacey Richman, tried to downplay his contact with the reputed mobsters, noting that Uvino was a longtime friend of Keller's and that Ricciardo was being treated at her store by an eye doctor.

If found guilty of violating his supervised release, Mancuso would face two years in prison.

Judge Nicholas Garaufis gave prosecutors a May 26 deadline to submit written arguments and the defense until June 9 to respond, with a decision to follow.

Re: Michael Mancuso may be in trouble - 05/17/23 04:18 PM

Surveillance pictures featured by the article

Attached picture Mancuso_1.jpg
Attached picture Mancuso_2.jpg
Attached picture Mancuso_dinner.jpg
Attached picture Mancuso_bronx.jpg

Re: Michael Mancuso may be in trouble - 05/17/23 04:30 PM

Can anyone ID any of the other men in these pics?
Posted By: ralphie_cifaretto

Re: Michael Mancuso may be in trouble - 05/17/23 06:30 PM

The guy with his arms crossed at the dinner table is Mancuso. Vinny Unions looks like every old guy out there, but I think he's the one staring to the left. Also that last picture is likely Mancuso.

Re: Michael Mancuso may be in trouble - 05/17/23 08:33 PM

Yes last guy with the face mask is Mancuso in the Bronx.

Who’s the one who’s talking to Mancuso in the fist pic, with the black shades?

Re: Michael Mancuso may be in trouble - 05/17/23 09:09 PM

Originally Posted by LuanKuci
Yes last guy with the face mask is Mancuso in the Bronx.

Who’s the one who’s talking to Mancuso in the fist pic, with the black shades?

It's Johnny Joe. I'm not 100% sure but I would bet on it
Posted By: DiLorenzo

Re: Michael Mancuso may be in trouble - 05/17/23 09:44 PM

I don't know of any other ethnicity that ever gets charged with associating with a known felon !!
Posted By: SonnyfromPeoria

Re: Michael Mancuso may be in trouble - 05/17/23 11:00 PM

Mancuso doesnt give a fuck fhats for sure haha....this guy.
Posted By: jace

Re: Michael Mancuso may be in trouble - 05/18/23 03:20 PM

Originally Posted by DiLorenzo
I don't know of any other ethnicity that ever gets charged with associating with a known felon !!

Come to think of it, you are right. Maybe it happens occasionally and we don't hear about it. According to today's Gangland, it was a get together in a public restaurant, not a secret meeting. Most people on parole hang out with others who are on parole, and don't get bothered at all.
Posted By: Mafia101

Re: Michael Mancuso may be in trouble - 05/18/23 04:17 PM

It happens all the time
Posted By: Giacalone

Re: Michael Mancuso may be in trouble - 05/18/23 07:20 PM

[Linked Image]

I also believe that to be Johnny Joe. Haha he is such an intimidating guy. The Nose looks like he's answering to him lol
Posted By: Big_Tuna93

Re: Michael Mancuso may be in trouble - 05/18/23 09:51 PM

Mancuso not get the memo that a don never wears shorts?
Posted By: Jshov31

Re: Michael Mancuso may be in trouble - 05/19/23 01:57 AM

It’s 100% Johnny Joe. As far as that family is concerned they will all be answering to Johnny Joe soon, if they aren’t already. There is a ZERO percent chance anyone else becomes boss after Mancuso.

Re: Michael Mancuso may be in trouble - 05/19/23 06:55 AM

The article has been updated: they removed the photo of Spirito walking along Mancuso.
I wonder why?

Re: Michael Mancuso may be in trouble - 05/19/23 08:22 AM

Originally Posted by Jshov31
It’s 100% Johnny Joe. As far as that family is concerned they will all be answering to Johnny Joe soon, if they aren’t already. There is a ZERO percent chance anyone else becomes boss after Mancuso.

That's precisely what I have been saying for the longest time. The Nose might have the position, but he's not doing anything without Johnny Joe's approval
Posted By: BensonHURST

Re: Michael Mancuso may be in trouble - 05/19/23 10:39 AM

What is his official rank?
The highest I was able to find was acting captain in 2012.

Is he an official captain?

Re: Michael Mancuso may be in trouble - 05/19/23 05:56 PM

He was in prison in 2012, but his then 30-year-old son was the acting underboss for a short while around that time. The belief is that Sr is the official underboss, but some sources have Ernie Aiello as the official underboss. I am honestly not sure, but it's hard to picture Johnny Joe without an admin spot.
Posted By: RushStreet

Re: Michael Mancuso may be in trouble - 05/19/23 06:08 PM

Lets be honest here, Johnny Joe is the acting boss of the family. He is the one doing all the work and just kicking up to Mancuso. Mancuso is being protected so he doesn't go back to prison, and its a smart plan.

Re: Michael Mancuso may be in trouble - 05/19/23 06:47 PM

Originally Posted by Giacalone
He was in prison in 2012, but his then 30-year-old son was the acting underboss for a short while around that time. The belief is that Sr is the official underboss, but some sources have Ernie Aiello as the official underboss. I am honestly not sure, but it's hard to picture Johnny Joe without an admin spot.

Jerry Capeci also had him as a Captain at one point with his son as Acting Captain a few years back before he was out of prison. It's possible Ernie Aiello is Underboss but I would believe John Spirito Sr is Underboss before I'd believe Ernie Aiello is.

Rush unless you have some info you haven't shared there has been nothing about John Spirito Sr since his release and a photo with Michael Mancuso doesn't mean we can automatically jump to him being the Acting Boss.

Re: Michael Mancuso may be in trouble - 05/19/23 07:33 PM

Originally Posted by Mafia101
It happens all the time

Really ?? Can you list a few cases ??

Re: Michael Mancuso may be in trouble - 05/19/23 08:59 PM

No because it's not something I follow or that is reported like the Mafia is by Jerry Capeci. Black gang members mexican gang members bikers all get their parole violated for associating with other known felons and gang members. Stop with this government harassing Italian crap.

Re: Michael Mancuso may be in trouble - 05/19/23 09:11 PM

Oh okay, so you can't show even one case to back up your point, but you know it happens all the time ??

Okay !!

I'm now convinced that your close ties to the Mongols, Crips and Mexican cartels proves that its being prosecuted equally !!! rolleyes

Re: Michael Mancuso may be in trouble - 05/19/23 09:45 PM

Members of other ethnic groups do get violated for associating with felons. However, the ones who do get violated are usually high-profile or important members of powerful organized crime entities. The government isn't monitoring everyone obviously, but they will have agents following the head of a major Cosa Nostra family. Not only that, but they are also surveilling his underlings. They do the same with the Mexicans and the Hells Angels for example. You just don't hear about it a lot because it isn't reported on as much.

Re: Michael Mancuso may be in trouble - 05/19/23 10:32 PM

Come on, lets face it, the police and feds know that Mexcican and Colored felons are associating and don't do crap about it, because they'd cry that they're being profiled....

They only charge ethnic groups who don't have civil rights groups {Italains} and media backing them !!!

Re: Michael Mancuso may be in trouble - 05/19/23 10:37 PM

I only see someone crying about one group right now.

Re: Michael Mancuso may be in trouble - 05/19/23 10:38 PM

Originally Posted by Mafia101
I only see someone crying about one group right now.

Still waiting for your proof that it happens all the time to everybody, young fella !!!

Re: Michael Mancuso may be in trouble - 05/19/23 10:47 PM

Come on, lets face it, the police and feds know that Mexcican and Colored felons are associating and don't do crap about it, because they'd cry that they're being profiled....

They only charge ethnic groups who don't have civil rights groups {Italains} and media backing them !!!

That's absolutely not true. They violate the Mexicans for associating all the time, but it's a bit different when it comes to the blacks. It's got nothing to do with anything except for the fact they are not considered important enough to be under federal surveillance. The Bloods and the Crips don't exactly have a hierarchy. They have zero money and zero chance of infiltrating any industry. They will however do something so stupid and so fast that they will be violated for that alone. They might as well walk into prison and lock themselves up.

That doesn't mean black criminals never get violated for associating. It happens more to drug kingpins, rappers and other high-profile individuals. Suge Knight got violated for associating at least twice and that was in the most liberal state in the country.

Re: Michael Mancuso may be in trouble - 05/19/23 11:53 PM

Wow, you guys know your mexican cartels in the US really well...I'm seriously intrigued by this...

Is there any genuine cases where you have seen that, because I haven't !!
Posted By: jace

Re: Michael Mancuso may be in trouble - 05/20/23 04:43 AM

Wow, you guys know your mexican cartels in the US really well...I'm seriously intrigued by this...

They can't name any, but I'm sure they are searching to find a few. Gialone did give an example with Suge Knight. However Knight was very high profile and a target at the time. Plus he kept getting into public feuds in front of clubs.

Re: Michael Mancuso may be in trouble - 05/20/23 10:07 PM

Capeci’s May 18 Gangland has identified all the guys at the dinner table.
From left to right: David Del Franco, Michael Mancuso (we knew that), Vito Cortesiano (chin mask - Colombo associate), Michael Uvino (white shirt - Colombo soldier) and Joseph Russo (black hair - Bonanno) slightly “above” Vincent Ricciardo (white stripes)

Attached picture Mancuso_dinner.jpg

Re: Michael Mancuso may be in trouble - 05/20/23 10:16 PM

If and when Mikey Nose gets pulled off the street do we all agree that the number one prospect for the day to day is gonna be Ernie Aiello ?
Posted By: VitoCahill

Re: Michael Mancuso may be in trouble - 05/20/23 11:29 PM

aiello is fairly young correct. bronx based and son of anthony? is ernest that respected and powerful. would a reason for this also be that spirito sr. still has parole restrictions?
Posted By: Hollander

Re: Michael Mancuso may be in trouble - 05/21/23 12:58 AM

Capeci’s May 18 Gangland has identified all the guys at the dinner table.
From left to right: David Del Franco, Michael Mancuso (we knew that), Vito Cortesiano (chin mask - Colombo associate), Michael Uvino (white shirt - Colombo soldier) and Joseph Russo (black hair - Bonanno) slightly “above” Vincent Ricciardo (white stripes)

Uvino was for a time acting as a captain in place of Vincent Ricciardo.

Re: Michael Mancuso may be in trouble - 05/21/23 02:36 AM

Originally Posted by SonnyfromPeoria
If and when Mikey Nose gets pulled off the street do we all agree that the number one prospect for the day to day is gonna be Ernie Aiello ?

Probsbly depends on who his Underboss is. John Spirito Sr is well respected and powerful in the Family outside of Michael Mancuso's sphere. Ernie Aiello on the other hand owes his power from Michael Mancuso. Ernie Aiello has been Michael Mancuso's go to guy for a long time but John Spirito Sr is close with Michael Mancuso and we don't know his exact standing in the Family. I would think John Spirito Sr pulls seniority and is in the admin and Ernie Aiello might just be a Bronx Captain.

Originally Posted by VitoCahill
aiello is fairly young correct. bronx based and son of anthony? is ernest that respected and powerful. would a reason for this also be that spirito sr. still has parole restrictions?

Are you talking about Anthony Ace Aiello? The one in prison? If so Anthony Aiello is only a few years older than Ernie Aiello is there is no relation between the two.

Re: Michael Mancuso may be in trouble - 05/21/23 04:42 AM

asked and answered thank you, was never sure if there was a relation. looks like mancuso is keeping a tight bronx group around him still. the pics with colombo members could his downfall. uvino and ricciardo are still facing charges from that families admin indictment of sept 2021. if these 2 families were in business together the possibility exists mancuso or those around him got caught on a wire.

more interesting would be what becomes of all those earners up on the shelf collecting dust.

Re: Michael Mancuso may be in trouble - 05/21/23 01:37 PM

Michael Mancuso and Vicent Ricciardo had something going on together and now that Richard Ferrara us working with the feds that might be a problem for both guys if he had knowledge of whatever they were doing.

Re: Michael Mancuso may be in trouble - 05/21/23 01:42 PM

yeah...so that ferrara coop claim is legit?
bonnanos and colombos working together...this can only end in jail time for those involved.

Re: Michael Mancuso may be in trouble - 05/21/23 08:27 PM

Originally Posted by jace

They can't name any, but I'm sure they are searching to find a few. Gialone did give an example with Suge Knight. However Knight was very high profile and a target at the time. Plus he kept getting into public feuds in front of clubs.

Looked up the most notorious and high profile biker of them all, Sonny Barger....20 arrests and not once did he violate his parole for associating with known felons, when you know he did !!

Re: Michael Mancuso may be in trouble - 05/21/23 11:17 PM

Bonanno and Colombo it never get bored in NYC/NJ with six families.

Re: Michael Mancuso may be in trouble - 05/27/23 02:38 PM

Being that Mancuso has contracts out on the Cammarano Bros and now that Mikey and Johnny Joe are being pulled off the street for a bit what a coincedence it would be if the Cammaranos got it finally...would that make it harder for the Feds to pin it on Mikey if hes in custody or no?

Re: Michael Mancuso may be in trouble - 05/27/23 03:10 PM

Originally Posted by VitoCahill

Ernie is that respected. He's a hitter

Re: Michael Mancuso may be in trouble - 05/27/23 04:38 PM

Being that Mancuso has contracts out on the Cammarano Bros and now that Mikey and Johnny Joe are being pulled off the street for a bit what a coincedence it would be if the Cammaranos got it finally...would that make it harder for the Feds to pin it on Mikey if hes in custody or no?

The fact that Jerry Capeci said the government threw everything at Michael Mancuso in the recent court appearance and these alleged hit squads arsons and shootings never came up is very telling about the veracity of Scott Burnstein's stories.

In 2015 when things got tense between Joe Cammarano and John Palazzolo and there was a threat of violence they pulled John Palazzolo off the street for parole violations. But for some reason they aren't doing that with Michael Mancuso? Do the math.

Re: Michael Mancuso may be in trouble - 05/27/23 07:47 PM

You got a point there Mafia.

Re: Michael Mancuso may be in trouble - 05/27/23 09:34 PM

[Linked Image]
Posted By: azguy

Re: Michael Mancuso may be in trouble - 05/28/23 12:23 AM

Damn, that's a good picture
Posted By: majicrat

Re: Michael Mancuso may be in trouble - 05/28/23 10:41 AM

All this speculation about violence, guys getting whacked is wishful thinking by those who want it to be. Just like when some member is identified as a “big hitter”. Lol what hits in recent memory? It’s not what is, it’s what some want it to be and those days are gone. I recall those saying Mancuso would be dead shortly after getting back on the streets. Again wishful thinking. I could go on, but I’ve said it before that sites like this are more about history lessons than current events. Btw how’d “the hitters” handle the Cali murder? I thought no one messed with the Sicilians? Just a question.

Re: Michael Mancuso may be in trouble - 05/28/23 01:10 PM

Originally Posted by majicrat
All this speculation about violence, guys getting whacked is wishful thinking by those who want it to be.

The one that started this speculation and the only one that is keeping it going is Scott Burnstein. Many have rightfully called him out because of it.

Btw how’d “the hitters” handle the Cali murder? I thought no one messed with the Sicilians? Just a question.

Silly question.

Cali was killed by a mentally ill relative.

Had Cali’s murder being a legit hit carried out as an unauthorized act of aggression by another organization it goes without saying the reaction would have been different. He was one of the main guys linking NY to Palermo, highly influential and very well liked.

Just like when some member is identified as a “big hitter”. Lol what hits in recent memory? It’s not what is, it’s what some want it to be and those days are gone.

“Hitter” also means someone who’s not afraid of getting violent, not only when it comes to murders but any type of physical confrontation. Others I can think of are Benny Geritano and Paul Cassano.

The most recent LCN murder was in 2013.

If one believes John Pennisi then his family put a contract on him as recently as 2018.
Posted By: majicrat

Re: Michael Mancuso may be in trouble - 05/29/23 10:59 AM

Luankuci, appreciate your response. They’re well thought out. However, the second one is a rationalization for non action. Many times over the years the mob has taken action against innocent or non mob related victims. Didn’t matter who or what happened they seemed revenge. Gottis neighbor being one for accidentally running his son over. This being just one example. My point is there is all the so called hitters just don’t exist any longer, there will probably never be anything close to a war and with the exception of a murder here and there it’s all in the past. The Italians all moved out of the streets and into the suburbs, took up video games and Tik Tok and what you now is a bunch of criminals, but no enforcers or gangsters under the age of 50. Those over 50 have no desire to chance going to jail forever for their mob families. Not worth it anymore.

Re: Michael Mancuso may be in trouble - 05/29/23 06:17 PM

Benny Geritano for sure....who was he on record with?....i remember when he tried to push around Mark Iacono from Lucalis....Mark is a good guy.....didnt Geritano sleep wit the prosecutor in his case and got it tossed or something like that

Re: Michael Mancuso may be in trouble - 05/29/23 08:14 PM

I understand, although Gotti’s neighbor wasn’t a relative with mental health issues. I agree that ‘70s-style (or even early 2000s-style) mob violence won’t come back. And that’s a good thing. For civilians and for wiseguys.

I had a nice exchange with NYMafia and Giacalone in a different thread (the one on the recent LaForte bust) about the different approach the NY American LCN has taken concerning murders, street guys/hitters, the new generation, etc, and how that’s not necessarily a sign of weakness…but I won’t derail this thread…

Benny Geritano for sure....who was he on record with?....i remember when he tried to push around Mark Iacono from Lucalis....Mark is a good guy.....didnt Geritano sleep wit the prosecutor in his case and got it tossed or something like that

He was dumb enough to threaten his own lawyer while incarcerated for the Lucali’s stabbing and got an additional 5 or 6 years. I don’t know who was he on the record with.

As for other “old school hitters” (as in murder or capable of doing it) I’d also add Vincent Urgitano, Dom Grande and a few Bonanno and Lukes crazies that were reportedly ready to do some action as recently as 2015-17, don’t know their names. Also Philly’s Mazzones. Recent court documents mentioned Steve Mazzone planning to have a local drug dealer kidnapped by some of his closest guys. It’s not murder per se but it’s still a very serious offense.

If violence will be limited to the regular beatings, stabbings, vandalism then even the term “hitter” will get a new meaning. If it hasn’t already.

The newer type of hitter could be guys like Anthony Silvestro (Colombo associate on the record with Scorcia) who tirelessly and successfully went after an independent shylock a few years back. Stalked him out, and eventually broke into his place and made him change his mind.

Re: Michael Mancuso may be in trouble - 05/29/23 09:20 PM

Doms boy Tony Nicodemo....Bobby Panozzo with the Grand Ave Crew in Chicago...him and his crew were robbing cartel connected stash houses...takes balls i would think.

Re: Michael Mancuso may be in trouble - 05/29/23 09:24 PM

Ernie Aiello and the Spirito Jr kid Johnny Boy seems like they eill smack you around if it concerns Mikey Nose at all lol.....wasnt Ralphie Perna son Johnny Perna a hitter too ....he was gonna smack around or did some guy for Housewives husband jerkoff...Johnny got his wedding reception on the arm for it.

Re: Michael Mancuso may be in trouble - 05/29/23 11:00 PM

From what I have gathered is that Ernie is no joke. Mancuso gets his power from people like him.

Re: Michael Mancuso may be in trouble - 05/30/23 07:56 AM

Yes, the Pernas are good examples too. Again, if one believes Pennisi, he had a beef with one of them and that’s what caused him to become more isolated from the family and paranoid, fearing the Pernas tasked crips to take him out.

Spirito Jr. is rumored to be behind the 2009 hit of Anthony Seccafico.

[Linked Image]

Another known violent guy is James Mainello (below). He was one of the NJ Lucchese’s that took part of the rough home invasion of Tom Manzi’s ex wife in 2017.

[Linked Image]

Re: Michael Mancuso may be in trouble - 05/30/23 11:42 AM

[Linked Image]

All that is missing is the Crypt Keeper. This is one scary looking photo.

Re: Michael Mancuso may be in trouble - 05/30/23 01:30 PM

Mancuso looks like a vampire lol

Re: Michael Mancuso may be in trouble - 05/30/23 06:19 PM

Mancuso looks like a vampire lol

Look if you are invited to a meeting and you walk in the room with those guys all there, run as fast and you can. These guys look like they want to eat someone and chop up their body! Put them as the starring cast in a new Lost Boys film lol.
Posted By: TheKillingJoke

Re: Michael Mancuso may be in trouble - 05/30/23 09:05 PM

Now for all the talks about the Mob not having that many "hardcore gangsters" in their ranks anymore...going by these pictures guys like Mancuso, Uvino, Spirito, Mainello do look like they're nothing to mess with. I understand that chances of getting whacked these days are slim, but - as an average nobody - are you truly willing to find that out for real?

Re: Michael Mancuso may be in trouble - 05/30/23 09:42 PM

Yeah all laughs aside, they are indeed very dangerous individuals

Re: Michael Mancuso may be in trouble - 08/02/23 09:01 PM

Reputed acting Bonanno mob boss Michael “The Nose’’ Mancuso is headed back to the slammer for 11 months — thanks partly to a phone chat with an alleged fellow wiseguy about making pasta “gravy.”

https://nypost.com/2023/07/28/reput...rison-thanks-partly-to-pasta-sauce-chat/

https://www.casino.org/news/mafia-pasta-sauce-convo-sends-reputed-boss-mancuso-to-prison/
Posted By: NYMafia

Re: Michael Mancuso may be in trouble - 08/02/23 09:28 PM

Originally Posted by TheKillingJoke
Now for all the talks about the Mob not having that many "hardcore gangsters" in their ranks anymore...going by these pictures guys like Mancuso, Uvino, Spirito, Mainello do look like they're nothing to mess with. I understand that chances of getting whacked these days are slim, but - as an average nobody - are you truly willing to find that out for real?

Of course not. And that's still what 'makes the mob, the mob!' Average Joe's are not going up against these kinds of guys.

Re: Michael Mancuso may be in trouble - 08/03/23 01:43 AM

Basciano and Mancuso are done Bonanno's need a low profile leader a Zip/Sicilian.
Posted By: Liggio

Re: Michael Mancuso may be in trouble - 08/03/23 02:15 AM

Yes Hollander, they need to take a page out of the Gambino book. Mancuso should've waited for his supervised release to be up, but the only question is would the Bonannos wait? They do need someone who is completely free.

Re: Michael Mancuso may be in trouble - 08/03/23 10:14 AM

Originally Posted by Hollander
Basciano and Mancuso are done Bonanno's need a low profile leader a Zip/Sicilian.

Done? Mancuso's sentencing was capped at only 11 months. Although Basciano's fate may appear sealed, there is a glimmer of hope as a judge has finally consented to review the entrapment evidence pertaining to the Pizzolo murder conviction. Will he see the streets again? There is a small chance. He has a very valid legal argument, and much crazier things have happened in this world.

Re: Michael Mancuso may be in trouble - 08/03/23 11:27 AM

Yes but once Mancuso is released he will have 3 years on parole and if he's seen meeting with his troops again, back to the pokey he goes. They need someone to lead who has no restrictions.

Re: Michael Mancuso may be in trouble - 08/04/23 04:52 AM

Originally Posted by Liggio
Yes but once Mancuso is released he will have 3 years on parole and if he's seen meeting with his troops again, back to the pokey he goes. They need someone to lead who has no restrictions.

Yes considering their links to Castellammare del Golfo, a new regime wouldn't be very difficult.
Posted By: Brovelli

Re: Michael Mancuso may be in trouble - 08/04/23 02:43 PM

Originally Posted by Hollander

Yes considering their links to Castellammare del Golfo, a new regime wouldn't be very difficult.

Do you know who is in that Castellamarese faction of the family these days assuming it is still a "faction"? I believe the Asaro's are long time Castellamare Bonannos, the Pipitone brothers are I believe so that crew maybe? Are the Grimaldi's from there too?

Joe C is also an interesting one who already tried to take over the family allegedly. He could be pulling strings behind the scenes trying to get captains on board with him to make a comeback though I may be writing a movie script there rather than a real life scenario lol

Re: Michael Mancuso may be in trouble - 08/04/23 03:52 PM

Nobody really knows, and I hate how some people here will say beyond a doubt that they don't have those ties anymore just because it hasn't been out in the news lately. If it's not in the news, it doesn't exist mentality that seems to be so prevalent here.

Re: Michael Mancuso may be in trouble - 08/04/23 04:06 PM

Nobody really knows, and I hate how some people here will say beyond a doubt that they don't have those ties anymore just because it hasn't been out in the news lately. If it's not in the news, it doesn't exist mentality that seems to be so prevalent here.

There is definitely Bonanno's with that lineage still, whether they have any strong links I guess is the debate but it would appear so from what I've read. I believe Ace Aiello is also Castellamarese heritage. There's a guy Bonventre is the Asaro crew who I assume of that heritage too so there's plenty of them. On that case with Francesco Domingo a couple years back they spoke about links to the Bonannos. A few guys I have not heard of before who are based in Queens and the article also mentioned that a guy "Jo" was the person to speak to in New York. My assumption on that was "Jo" was either Grimaldi or Cammarano but could be someone else. I believe the article also said that Domingo's brother had lived in New York

Re: Michael Mancuso may be in trouble - 08/04/23 06:56 PM

No one has ever said that they don't have those ties anymore, but those ties aren't much of a factor these days. So why even bring it up? Is Carmine Galante the boss? Is it 1979 out there? These families have become so Americanized at this point that I'm always surprised when people bring this up. The Castellamarese contingent of today is barely there. It's a small crew. Their top guy was offered the consigliere position about 10 years ago, but declined. The family is probably too American for them lol

Re: Michael Mancuso may be in trouble - 08/04/23 06:59 PM

Well one thing's for sure, they can do better than putting someone on parole in charge. That much I do know.

Re: Michael Mancuso may be in trouble - 08/04/23 07:23 PM

I would not be surprised if Ernie Aiello has already been named acting boss. Another guy that is also high on my list is Johnny Mulberry. Bruno I believe is still on paper

Re: Michael Mancuso may be in trouble - 08/06/23 08:15 PM

No one has ever said that they don't have those ties anymore, but those ties aren't much of a factor these days. So why even bring it up? Is Carmine Galante the boss? Is it 1979 out there? These families have become so Americanized at this point that I'm always surprised when people bring this up. The Castellamarese contingent of today is barely there. It's a small crew. Their top guy was offered the consigliere position about 10 years ago, but declined. The family is probably too American for them lol

I like to bring it up as I'm a history nerd but the fact those ties do still exist in some capacity is pretty interesting. Eg Lucchese family and origins in Corleone I believe that link to be dead long ago. But your point is probably most accurate that in the grand scheme of things it is not relevant today. Be it a Sicilian faction or not I think we all agree that family needs new leadership that's not in the news media every few months

Re: Michael Mancuso may be in trouble - 08/07/23 09:42 PM

Originally Posted by Brovelli

I like to bring it up as I'm a history nerd but the fact those ties do still exist in some capacity is pretty interesting. Eg Lucchese family and origins in Corleone I believe that link to be dead long ago. But your point is probably most accurate that in the grand scheme of things it is not relevant today. Be it a Sicilian faction or not I think we all agree that family needs new leadership that's not in the news media every few months

Indeed. In fact, there were numerous visits, documented by the carabinieri, by members of the Italian-American Bonanno mafia family from New York who updated the Castellammarese mafia boss Domingo on the dynamics and balances of Cosa nostra overseas.
Domingo is said to be even related to Salvatore Maranzano, considered the first Italian-American mafia boss, who was killed in New York in the 1930s. The family link with the overseas boss would be constituted by the aunt of the regent of Castellammare, Angela Domingo, wife of Mariano Maranzano, son of Salvatore.

Re: Michael Mancuso may be in trouble - 08/07/23 09:58 PM

Not to draw any conclusions about the current situation but “A generation which ignores history has no past and no future.”
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET