Home

Mickey Cohen

Posted By: Hollander

Mickey Cohen - 05/12/23 12:46 AM

Posted By: Hollander

Re: Mickey Cohen - 05/12/23 01:23 AM

He was also a Zionist whose support for the state of Israel, like many gangsters, was huge. I have to check it but I think he was involved in weapons trafficking.
Posted By: Toodoped

Re: Mickey Cohen - 05/12/23 06:19 AM

Originally Posted by Hollander
He was also a Zionist whose support for the state of Israel, like many gangsters, was huge. I have to check it but I think he was involved in weapons trafficking.

Yes and I think you and I already had a chat in a different thread regarding the weapon support for Israel during the 40's and possibly 50s, with Lansky allegedly being in charge of the whole operation and that even Chicago guys like Hyman Red Larner also donated and supported the movement.

Speaking about Cohen being a Zionist....Larner was another one. He died in 2002 at the age of 89 and was buried in a crypt in Waukegan, Illinois. I’m not quite sure on why he was buried in Waukegan but all I can find is that at one time the town had become the largest Jewish community between Chicago and Milwaukee. Also some old researchers claimed that in reality Larner was a member of a political movement of Jews and Jewish culture that supported the re-establishment of their Jewish homeland and this movement was known as Zionism and its followers were known as Zionists.
Posted By: Turnbull

Re: Mickey Cohen - 05/13/23 04:37 PM

Interesting video. But, calling Cohen "boss of LA's underworld" is, uh, something of an exaggeration. tongue
Posted By: Toodoped

Re: Mickey Cohen - 05/13/23 09:04 PM

Originally Posted by Turnbull
Interesting video. But, calling Cohen "boss of LA's underworld" is, uh, something of an exaggeration. tongue

+1 ....and they are still doing it, I mean I also really hate the movie with Sean Penn.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET