Dino Guilmette

Posted By: Newengland

Dino Guilmette - 04/29/23 11:49 AM

Ok
Posted By: LuanKuci

Re: Dino Guilmette - 04/29/23 01:34 PM

Bits from behind the paywall (courtesy of r/Mafia poster CT-CT):

Originally Posted by CT-CT
-One time aspiring boxer and current (alleged) Providence mobster Dino Guilmette was one of several men made into the Patriarcas within the past few years, allegedly per SBs sources.

-These gents were allegedly made by Matthew (Good Looking Matty) Guglielmetti who per reports had been granted authority by the administration in Boston to make men (this occurred while Guglielmetti was serving as Patriarca underbosss, which he has handed over to Eddie Lato in recent years due to health issues).

-Both Guglielmetti, 75, and Guilmette, 45, are reportedly being looked at via a federal drug trafficking investigation out of Rhode Island. Guilmette is also under indictment for state charges related to prescription drugs.
Posted By: The_Marble_Guy

Re: Dino Guilmette - 04/29/23 03:53 PM

New England looking for an article? Wow

Re: Dino Guilmette - 04/30/23 07:06 AM

so Newengland, what’s the deal with this guy?

Did NE really made a guy with a French last name?
Posted By: Liggio

Re: Dino Guilmette - 04/30/23 10:18 AM

I was wondering the same thing, what a fucking desperate move. There's no Italian criminals from the motherland they could've inducted instead?

Re: Dino Guilmette - 04/30/23 11:01 AM

^
Especially considering that RI has a one of the largest Italian population in the country

Re: Dino Guilmette - 04/30/23 05:23 PM

If this becomes common I think I'll stop even following the mob.
Posted By: azguy

Re: Dino Guilmette - 04/30/23 06:15 PM

I can't believe Guglielmetti is 75 but I guess he is and Dino is Italian, he runs a social club in P-Town.
Posted By: BensonHURST

Re: Dino Guilmette - 04/30/23 08:29 PM

What’s the rule these days 50% Italian?

It went from 100%
To just on your dads side

To 50% I think.

Matty is trying to rebuild the RI branch of NE LCN

Re: Dino Guilmette - 04/30/23 09:31 PM

If I remember correctly a NY guy was caught on a wiretap saying they went back to 100% around the early 2000’s. Capeci (or some other legit reporter maybe Marzulli?) also wrote about it roughly about the same time. But my memory is faded and I can’t find the articles that mentioned it. Aside from Porter in Pittsburgh I don’t know of any made guy who wasn’t at least Italian on his father’s side. Tommy Del Giorno in Philly was half polish on his mom’s.

I’m no expert on the NE but from what I remember form the Manocchio era, Providence always had guys, and they didn’t suffer that many indictments during the last decade or so.

There’s also the possibility that Dino’s last name was somehow misspelled a generation or two ago but the roots are Italian…I dunno…
Posted By: Hollander

Re: Dino Guilmette - 04/30/23 09:57 PM

I read he's hispanic, but I don't know the surname sounds French.

Re: Dino Guilmette - 05/01/23 03:03 AM

Originally Posted by LuanKuci
so Newengland, what’s the deal with this guy?

Did NE really made a guy with a French last name?

His dad is French/Portuguese. His mom is Italian. He’s not Hispanic lol
Posted By: BensonHURST

Re: Dino Guilmette - 05/01/23 01:15 PM

There’s also the possibility that Dino’s last name was somehow misspelled a generation or two ago but the roots are Italian…I dunno…[/quote]

That probably makes the most sense.

Re: Dino Guilmette - 05/01/23 04:01 PM

Originally Posted by BensonHURST

There’s also the possibility that Dino’s last name was somehow misspelled a generation or two ago but the roots are Italian…I dunno…

That probably makes the most sense.[/quote]

I’ll say it again. Guilmette is a French last name. It’s a very popular name here. His dad is French and Portuguese. His mom is Italian. That is what makes sense

Re: Dino Guilmette - 05/01/23 04:25 PM

It makes no sense that a guy with that background gets made.

I knew that last name was French but I couldn’t believe it so I tried to find some way he got a pass.

Re: Dino Guilmette - 05/01/23 04:33 PM

I share that with you, it doesnt make any sense. However, his dad has been friends with Matty for a very long time. And most of the guys that Dino hangs out with are attached to Lato's crew. We have no recent info on made guys in NE so have they weakened their requirements to get a button? It's def possible

Re: Dino Guilmette - 05/01/23 09:11 PM

If this turns out to be true…I don’t trust Scott’s reporting…but if this time he got it right, then it’s a terrible sign. I mean, it’s hard to believe that, even in this day and age, they couldn’t find a single Italian in Providence (of all places!) to straighten out.
Posted By: DetroitPartnership

Re: Dino Guilmette - 05/02/23 12:42 AM

Need to start making non-Italian guys. The Mexican Mafia makes non-Mexican-Americans, even though they're loaded with Mexican-American Surenos to choose. It's about capabilities.
Posted By: Moscone65

Re: Dino Guilmette - 05/02/23 02:52 AM

The guys name is Dino for fuck sakes. I’d rather a guy named Dino Guimette than Brandon Rossi

Re: Dino Guilmette - 05/02/23 02:53 AM

Or Jason

Re: Dino Guilmette - 05/02/23 03:09 AM

I don't give a fuck, rules are rules. It's an ethnic organization, they're only inducting non-Italians because they're desperate, and it looks desperate. Now if it started out as a multi-racial organization, I wouldn't have a problem with it.

Re: Dino Guilmette - 05/02/23 09:01 AM

These are some of the most ridiculous takes I’ve ever read.

I’d much rather have a guy named Kevin DiFalco who’s of full Italian heritage than someone named Vito McKinley who’s more Irish/German/Polish/French-Canadian than Italian! There are plenty of black guys with Italian or Italian inspired names…should they be made too? DeMarco Jefferson? Savino Williams? Carmelo Andrews?

GTFO

If a mob family located in the most Italian area in the country can’t find Italian criminals willing to join then it’s a sign they’re so terribly weak and pathetic that they’re better off disappearing or getting absorbed by other LCN families and act like a crew. Period.

I don’t care what other criminal groups do. They have a complete different history and identity.

Knowing what a hack Scott is I still want to give them the benefit of the doubt so I won’t believe Guilmette got made until it’s confirmed by more reliable sources or prosecutors.

Re: Dino Guilmette - 05/02/23 01:08 PM

im sorry but if your italian and your parents name you justin or brayden or some shit, they are probably removed several times from their italian heritage.

Re: Dino Guilmette - 05/02/23 01:10 PM

I know plenty "full blooded italians"(with heritage from sicily and calabria mind you) who are ginger, listen to rap, and cant point out their hometown in italy on the map. Being italian/italian american culturally is partly a state of mind
Posted By: mike68

Re: Dino Guilmette - 05/02/23 03:58 PM

Originally Posted by LuanKuci
It makes no sense that a guy with that background gets made.

I knew that last name was French but I couldn’t believe it so I tried to find some way he got a pass.

Billy Angelesco is made. His father's last name is Russell. He took his mother's maiden name.
Posted By: Mafia101

Re: Dino Guilmette - 05/02/23 04:11 PM

Why are people getting upset over Dino allegedly getting his button when you guys don't even know if he's Italian or notlol for all we know his name was changed like many Italians did or maybe his father was non Italian and his mother is and for the record that's what I heard. Stop pretending this has anything to do with where the Mafia stands today when guys with non Italian last names but Italian heritage were being made decades ago in their heyday. The weirdest shit sets you guys off lol
Posted By: TheKillingJoke

Re: Dino Guilmette - 05/02/23 04:20 PM

Going by what I read and heard about Matty G he's a very respected and serious guy. If he made someone I'm inclined to believe it's for a good reason.

Re: Dino Guilmette - 05/02/23 05:44 PM

Go ahead and name off non-Italians with non-Italian names getting made in their heyday, I bet you can't come up with 5.
Posted By: Malavita

Re: Dino Guilmette - 05/02/23 06:34 PM

Speaking of Rhode Island made guys with a French surname, you have Anthony St Laurent. He was a made guy in the Patriarca family but I think he had an italian name which was somewhat turned into a French one in America.
Posted By: Malavita

Re: Dino Guilmette - 05/02/23 07:10 PM

By the way, Guilmette or more exactly "Guillemette' is the exact French version of the Italian name "Guglielmetti" so who knows, maybe they are related.

Kind of like Eugene Castelle and John Castellucci.
Posted By: Mafia101

Re: Dino Guilmette - 05/02/23 10:10 PM

Originally Posted by Liggio
Go ahead and name off non-Italians with non-Italian names getting made in their heyday, I bet you can't come up with 5.

Liggio I've told you before to read posts several times before you reply because your reading comprehension is the worst I've ever seen and once again you are replying to things that no one said.

I said guys with non Italian names but Italian heritage.
Posted By: Hollander

Re: Dino Guilmette - 05/02/23 10:23 PM

Originally Posted by Malavita
By the way, Guilmette or more exactly "Guillemette' is the exact French version of the Italian name "Guglielmetti" so who knows, maybe they are related.

Kind of like Eugene Castelle and John Castellucci.

In France there are also 5 and half million people with Italian ancestry. Italian migration into what is today France has been going on for centuries.

Re: Dino Guilmette - 05/02/23 11:50 PM

Originally Posted by Moscone65
I know plenty "full blooded italians"(with heritage from sicily and calabria mind you) who are ginger, listen to rap, and cant point out their hometown in italy on the map.

Hair color, taste in music and geography skills aren’t requirements for getting made. The only thing that matters, or should, is blood. It’s a traditional ethnic criminal subculture: its identity is defined by its rules. The making ceremony is the most defining factor in LCN. The fact that this rule was broken with some guys doesn’t make it right, or common, but goes to show its increasing decadence.

Originally Posted by Moscone65
Being italian/italian american culturally is partly a state of mind

LOL

Originally Posted by TheKillingJoke
Going by what I read and heard about Matty G he's a very respected and serious guy. If he made someone I'm inclined to believe it's for a good reason.

I read and heard that too that’s why I won’t believe any of this until someone other than Scott “Per Sources” Burnstein confirms it.

Chances are Guilmette is a “high-ranking” associate, like Reynald Desjardin in his prime.

Re: Dino Guilmette - 05/03/23 12:11 AM

Originally Posted by Mafia101
guys with non Italian names but Italian heritage.

made men with non-Italian last names are extremely rare: Porter, Veasey, who else comes to mind…I don’t know if Adolph Williams was made, but if I remember correctly his last name was legally changed, he’s who I first thought of when I read of Guilmette. Was Angelesco ever recognized by his dad or has he always had that last name?

Re: Dino Guilmette - 05/03/23 03:07 PM

Originally Posted by Mafia101
Why are people getting upset over Dino allegedly getting his button when you guys don't even know if he's Italian or notlol for all we know his name was changed like many Italians did or maybe his father was non Italian and his mother is and for the record that's what I heard. Stop pretending this has anything to do with where the Mafia stands today when guys with non Italian last names but Italian heritage were being made decades ago in their heyday. The weirdest shit sets you guys off lol

As I've mentioned previously, Dino's mom is Italian. She's an Izzi. So that's how he got in

Re: Dino Guilmette - 05/03/23 03:08 PM

Originally Posted by Malavita
Speaking of Rhode Island made guys with a French surname, you have Anthony St Laurent. He was a made guy in the Patriarca family but I think he had an italian name which was somewhat turned into a French one in America.

He did. I remember reading a document that the family name was like DiLorenzo or D something. I can't remember

Re: Dino Guilmette - 05/04/23 02:53 AM

Any idea who the other Rhode Island guys are that were made along with him? If there are any, not so sure about Scott's accuracy sometimes.

Re: Dino Guilmette - 05/04/23 04:10 PM

Originally Posted by mike68
Any idea who the other Rhode Island guys are that were made along with him? If there are any, not so sure about Scott's accuracy sometimes.

That's what bothers me about how he reports, you're saying Dino got made but how tf are there no other names dropped? lol. I mean come on

Re: Dino Guilmette - 05/05/23 04:44 PM

Originally Posted by The_Marble_Guy
Originally Posted by mike68

That's what bothers me about how he reports, you're saying Dino got made but how tf are there no other names dropped? lol. I mean come on

It's pure clickbait. He's not getting my money for that.

Re: Dino Guilmette - 05/05/23 10:18 PM

saying that bernstein’s reporting “isn’t always accurate” is a kind understatement

won’t believe dino is made until a better source comes along and confirms it

Re: Dino Guilmette - 05/06/23 02:15 PM

I don't see it being accurate when you report he got made but NO other names have been mentioned. lol. Like mike said, pure clickbait

Re: Dino Guilmette - 05/06/23 02:31 PM

@ local posters: who do you think could have been straightened out?

guys that have been around that crew long enough to get in

100% you locals are more knowledgeable than scott

Re: Dino Guilmette - 05/06/23 04:36 PM

A bunch of names could be thrown around but most wont even be italian
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET