Home

Leonardo Rizzuto (Montreal) has been shot at

Posted By: antimafia

Leonardo Rizzuto (Montreal) has been shot at - 03/15/23 09:13 PM

Journalists Daniel Renaud, Maxime Deland, and Félix Séguin have just tweeted about this.

https://twitter.com/DanielRenaud13/status/1636111533682860032?s=20

https://twitter.com/MaxDelandQMI/status/1636110127458578432?s=20

https://twitter.com/felixseguin/status/1636112847682916352?s=20

Re: Leonardo Rizzuto (Montreal) has been shot at - 03/15/23 09:26 PM

Rizzuto has apparently survived the attempt.

Leonardo Rizzuto victime d'une tentative de meurtre
https://www.tvanouvelles.ca/2023/03/15/leonardo-rizzuto-victime-dune-tentative-de-meurtre

Re: Leonardo Rizzuto (Montreal) has been shot at - 03/15/23 09:29 PM

Leonardo Rizzuto victime d’une tentative de meurtre
https://www.lapresse.ca/actualites/...o-victime-d-une-tentative-de-meurtre.php
Posted By: LuanKuci

Re: Leonardo Rizzuto (Montreal) has been shot at - 03/15/23 09:40 PM

Mirarchi making a move?

Re: Leonardo Rizzuto (Montreal) has been shot at - 03/15/23 10:15 PM

Originally Posted by antimafia
Leonardo Rizzuto victime d’une tentative de meurtre
https://www.lapresse.ca/actualites/...o-victime-d-une-tentative-de-meurtre.php

Updated article will be found at the same link above.
Posted By: Scalish

Re: Leonardo Rizzuto (Montreal) has been shot at - 03/15/23 10:20 PM

The Rizzuto's don't mean anything anymore not there not T.O and definitely noy here in the hammer. Don't fuck with Mirarchi, he is a serious guy. For years since he was 17 he has been considered a serious guy.
Posted By: VitoCahill

Re: Leonardo Rizzuto (Montreal) has been shot at - 03/15/23 10:21 PM

well to those on here who thought he wasnt in charge of anything or influential at all the proof is in the pudding...errrr shell casings.

as far as who is behind it there is 2 choices mirarchi or desjardins. now that they missed there chance at him here we go again in montreal.
most likely the next body to drop will be the connect to who pulled the strings on this.
Posted By: vito_andolini

Re: Leonardo Rizzuto (Montreal) has been shot at - 03/15/23 10:31 PM

Either that or Sollecito wins best actor at next year's Oscars!

Re: Leonardo Rizzuto (Montreal) has been shot at - 03/15/23 10:35 PM

Sollecito is shitting himself right now believe me. If he makes it through the summer I will be surprised. Everyone is sick and tired of these guys believe me.
Posted By: Blackmobs

Re: Leonardo Rizzuto (Montreal) has been shot at - 03/15/23 10:56 PM

Originally Posted by Scalish
Sollecito is shitting himself right now believe me. If he makes it through the summer I will be surprised. Everyone is sick and tired of these guys believe me.

We got to wait and see what happen in the future.

I remember people were saying the same thing when Vito Rizzuto got out from ADX and coming to Canada.
They were saying he was done, and his family was over.
And now in 2023, we are still talking about the Rizzuto’s.

So we must wait and see. Maybe they will come out on top again, or maybe it will be there last war.

Re: Leonardo Rizzuto (Montreal) has been shot at - 03/15/23 11:01 PM

It was a drive-by shooting.

The rizzuto will plan a revenge… well lets go for the what …. 4th mafia war in a decade ?

Bodies will drop

Re: Leonardo Rizzuto (Montreal) has been shot at - 03/15/23 11:05 PM

No comparison between those 2 men at all nor Stefano or Leo are half the mafioso their Father's were.

Re: Leonardo Rizzuto (Montreal) has been shot at - 03/15/23 11:06 PM

As far as being gangsters Mirarchi got them beat by m8les.

Re: Leonardo Rizzuto (Montreal) has been shot at - 03/15/23 11:06 PM

Sorry miles

Re: Leonardo Rizzuto (Montreal) has been shot at - 03/15/23 11:08 PM

[EN PHOTOS]
Mafia italienne: Leonardo Rizzuto échappe de peu à une tentative de meurtre à Laval
https://www.journaldemontreal.com/2...ictime-dune-tentative-de-meurtre-a-laval
Posted By: ForgettableName

Re: Leonardo Rizzuto (Montreal) has been shot at - 03/15/23 11:16 PM

Jeez, had him in front and behind of the head, he got very lucky, The notice of Sollecito losing face last year and Desjardines nearly on full release bodes very poorly for the Rizzuto remnants. With Mom dead, Wooley getting his house shot up and now this, seems despite the odds the power play of Mirarchi and Desjardines has slowly turned into a solid move. Violi's being locked up and Musitano's dead, yah, definitely their time to shine now.
Posted By: Hollander

Re: Leonardo Rizzuto (Montreal) has been shot at - 03/15/23 11:23 PM

Who is Leonardo Rizzuto, this alleged mafioso shot in Laval?
Breaking News 35 minutes ago 10 REPORT

-
The alleged mafioso Leonardo Rizzuto survived an attempted murder by firearm, Wednesday afternoon in Laval. Here are four things to know about the son of former mob boss Vito Rizzuto.

Youngest son

Leonardo Rizzuto is the youngest son of the late Vito Rizzuto, the former Sicilian mob boss in Montreal. The one who is considered the most important mafioso in the history of Canada had three children.

Successor at the head of the clan

Since the deaths of his father and his brother, the lawyer by training is suspected of having become one of the leaders of the Rizzuto clan, according to a report by the Criminal Intelligence Service of Quebec.

The same report consulted by our Bureau of Investigation pointed out, in 2021, that the Rizzuto clan once again became “the most powerful criminal group” in the province, after difficult years.

Long series of deaths

-
The Rizzuto clan was hit with several murders and deaths, particularly around the turn of the 2010s.

-
The family patriarch, Nicolo Rizzuto, was shot dead in his Montreal residence in 2010.

His son Vito, the mob boss, died of natural causes a few years later, in December 2013, after a 10-year stint in prison in the United States which ended in 2012.

The first victim of this black series, the son of Vito and brother of Leonardo Rizzuto, Nicolo Rizzuto Jr, was shot dead in 2009. His alleged murderer, Ducarme Joseph, was killed in 2014.

Acquitted of gangsterism

The lawyer had been arrested and charged with gangsterism, illegal possession of a weapon and possession of drugs in 2015.

Leonardo Rizzuto was however acquitted after three years of legal proceedings, the court having decided to exclude the evidence collected by the police using the wiretap.

Judge Eric Downs had determined that the recordings of the incriminating conversations held by Leonardo Rizzuto in his lawyer’s office did not allow him to respect the professional secrecy between lawyers and clients and that they were therefore illegal.

Re: Leonardo Rizzuto (Montreal) has been shot at - 03/15/23 11:29 PM

Originally Posted by LuanKuci
Mirarchi making a move?

The mafia leadership "table" established to lead the Montreal mafia after the death of Vito remains divided and weakened.

Re: Leonardo Rizzuto (Montreal) has been shot at - 03/15/23 11:36 PM

Alleged Montreal Mafia leader Leonardo Rizzuto wounded in Laval shooting
https://montrealgazette.com/news/lo...onardo-rizzuto-wounded-in-laval-shooting

Re: Leonardo Rizzuto (Montreal) has been shot at - 03/15/23 11:38 PM

since release of VITO RIZZUTO there was never much presence of RIZZUTO FAMILY in toronto or hamilton. alliances with other crime groups sure but no satellite crews in either city. there does exist the chance that domenico violi and the luppinos in hamilton could be behind this.
Posted By: Mafia101

Re: Leonardo Rizzuto (Montreal) has been shot at - 03/16/23 12:04 AM

I don't know who did it but I'd bet it came from Montreal and either from Vittorio Mirarchi, Raynald Desjardins, or the bikers. The Violis and Luppinos have never made a move on Montreal.

Why do you keep saying this? You didn't answer me in the other post when I asked why you say he's the most powerful mafia in Montreal. It goes against all of the reports coming out of Canada.

Re: Leonardo Rizzuto (Montreal) has been shot at - 03/16/23 12:14 AM

More photos:

https://twitter.com/pascalrobidas/status/1636140495398223878?s=20

More articles:

Leonardo Rizzuto blessé lors d’une tentative de meurtre
https://ici.radio-canada.ca/nouvelle/1963652/leonardo-rizzuto-blesse-lors-dune-tentative-de-meurtre

Leonardo Rizzuto injured in Laval shooting
https://montreal.ctvnews.ca/leonardo-rizzuto-injured-in-laval-shooting-1.6314956

Laval, Que. shooting leaves 1 hurt, victim reportedly tied to mafia
https://globalnews.ca/news/9555097/laval-que-shooting-victim-mafia/

LEONARDO RIZZUTO, FILS DE VITO RIZZUTO, VICTIME D'UNE TENTATIVE DE MEURTRE
https://www.noovo.info/nouvelle/leo...o-victime-dune-tentative-de-meurtre.html

Re: Leonardo Rizzuto (Montreal) has been shot at - 03/16/23 03:16 AM

I just passed next to the crime scene.
There cops everywhere, on highway 13 and highway 440.
You see officiers searching for clues

Re: Leonardo Rizzuto (Montreal) has been shot at - 03/16/23 03:18 AM

Crazy that less than 1 min on the highway its the place were Vincenzo Armeni got killed. And 1 min, from where Salvatore Scoppa got killed

Re: Leonardo Rizzuto (Montreal) has been shot at - 03/16/23 03:58 AM

Re: Leonardo Rizzuto (Montreal) has been shot at - 03/16/23 07:36 AM

Originally Posted by Mafia101
I don't know who did it but I'd bet it came from Montreal and either from Vittorio Mirarchi, Raynald Desjardins, or the bikers. The Violis and Luppinos have never made a move on Montreal.

Why do you keep saying this? You didn't answer me in the other post when I asked why you say he's the most powerful mafia in Montreal. It goes against all of the reports coming out of Canada.

Internal power moves, but don't forget when the Scoppa's started their putsch, Salvatore first went to Calabria to meet certain people.
Posted By: Giacalone

Re: Leonardo Rizzuto (Montreal) has been shot at - 03/16/23 07:50 AM

The guy had a thriving law practice but wants to be a mafia boss like his nut job father. He should be on Soft White Underbelly lol

Re: Leonardo Rizzuto (Montreal) has been shot at - 03/16/23 11:26 AM

I’d also like to know what makes you think Mirarchi tops (or even rivals) the Rizzuto since that according to authorities they’re the leading faction.
Posted By: Giacomo_Vacari

Re: Leonardo Rizzuto (Montreal) has been shot at - 03/16/23 12:50 PM

The Violi's are not involved in this but do know most like is. Mirarchi has been gaining power since after Covid hit, so he is a prime suspect. However, not all Scoppa's guys went over to the Rizzuto, even some went over to Mirarchi, which has helped Mirarchi gain a foothold in a couple of businesses. Those who did not join one of the factions, have maintained connections with Calabria in the Narcotics trade, hence why some suspects that Hamilton or Toronto is involved. A lot of people underestimate Sollecito, he is no pushover like Leo is, and has gotten his hands dirty in the streets. Leo is someone who had a silver spoon in his mouth since he was born, taking Leo out means weakening or crippling the Rizzutos legal powers that they have obtained. The big theory is it could just be Sollecito tired of sharing power and losing the respect of his men when Leo made some bad choices in the family. Now hear is another theory, what if the war we have been hearing about for so long and nothing happening with Mancuso was actually his attempt to take back Montreal for the Bonannos?
Posted By: NYMafia

Re: Leonardo Rizzuto (Montreal) has been shot at - 03/16/23 12:52 PM

VERY interesting developments up in Canada (to say the least)

Re: Leonardo Rizzuto (Montreal) has been shot at - 03/16/23 01:56 PM

Visé par des rafales de coups de feu
link to La Presse+ article

Re: Leonardo Rizzuto (Montreal) has been shot at - 03/16/23 02:02 PM

Do they have a copy of this article in English? (for all our non-French speaking members).

Re: Leonardo Rizzuto (Montreal) has been shot at - 03/16/23 02:31 PM

Originally Posted by NYMafia

Do they have a copy of this article in English? (for all our non-French speaking members).

It’s very rare for articles in the newspapers that are part of Québecor Media inc. (QMI) to be translated into English — and even when the articles are translated, not all portions of the originals are translated.

Translated articles will show “QMI Agency” where the author’s byline usually appears.

Re: Leonardo Rizzuto (Montreal) has been shot at - 03/16/23 02:39 PM

@Blackmobs @Mafia101

Different Quebec newspapers are reporting different details, e.g., whether Rizzuto was alone in the car.

I’m also reading and seeing that both the Yves Légare and Alfred Dallaire Memoria locations in Laval are supposedly where Rizzuto escaped to safety by getting off the highway and driving into the parking lot of a funeral home. Are either of you able to confirm which funeral home he drove to?

Re: Leonardo Rizzuto (Montreal) has been shot at - 03/16/23 02:44 PM

Originally Posted by Giacomo_Vacari
The Violi's are not involved in this but do know most like is. Mirarchi has been gaining power since after Covid hit, so he is a prime suspect. However, not all Scoppa's guys went over to the Rizzuto, even some went over to Mirarchi, which has helped Mirarchi gain a foothold in a couple of businesses. Those who did not join one of the factions, have maintained connections with Calabria in the Narcotics trade, hence why some suspects that Hamilton or Toronto is involved. A lot of people underestimate Sollecito, he is no pushover like Leo is, and has gotten his hands dirty in the streets. Leo is someone who had a silver spoon in his mouth since he was born, taking Leo out means weakening or crippling the Rizzutos legal powers that they have obtained. The big theory is it could just be Sollecito tired of sharing power and losing the respect of his men when Leo made some bad choices in the family. Now hear is another theory, what if the war we have been hearing about for so long and nothing happening with Mancuso was actually his attempt to take back Montreal for the Bonannos?

This attack came from Raynald Desjardins, Vittorio Mirarchi or the maybe the Bikers no one else would even think about doing this.

Who are the ones who stayed independent and maintained ties to Calabria?

No attack has ever come from Toronto or Hamilton I seriously doubt they have anything to do with this. The reason people are suspecting them is because people think the past attacks have been Rizzuto vs Ndrangheta and that is totally wrong. Stefano Sollecito has too many serious health issues to be trying to take out Leonardo Rizzuto and alienating half of this powerbase.

What are you even talking about with Michael Mancuso he can't even control his people in New York.

Re: Leonardo Rizzuto (Montreal) has been shot at - 03/16/23 02:44 PM

Originally Posted by NYMafia

It’s very rare for articles in the newspapers that are part of Québecor Media inc. (QMI) to be translated into English — and even when the articles are translated, not all portions of the originals are translated.

Translated articles will show “QMI Agency” where the author’s byline usually appears.

Thanks for the response AM. I understand.

Re: Leonardo Rizzuto (Montreal) has been shot at - 03/16/23 02:47 PM

@Blackmobs @Mafia101

Different Quebec newspapers are reporting different details, e.g., whether Rizzuto was alone in the car.

I’m also reading and seeing that both the Yves Légare and Alfred Dallaire Memoria locations in Laval are supposedly where Rizzuto escaped to safety by getting off the highway and driving into the parking lot of a funeral home. Are you either of you able to confirm which funeral home he drove to?

Can tell by the photos and the diagrams in some of the reports that it was Yves Légare that he escaped to. He was driving west on 440 and escaped on the southbound off ramp.

Re: Leonardo Rizzuto (Montreal) has been shot at - 03/16/23 03:00 PM

i will parrot mafia 101 please god leave any mention of ny or bonannos or mancuso out of this.
noone yet knows for sure who was behind this attempt with most pointing towards desjardins or mirarchi and rightly so.
mancuso has nothing to do with this and HAS NO INFLUENCE,MAN POWER OR CREWS OPERATING IN MONTREAL!!!

the hells angels have been good to stay neutral in past wars in mtl. seems like an odd time to strike out and end a working alliance that has been in place since the early 1990's. it is not yet known however if other HA chapters have agreed to work with desjardins. not all chapters work together in quebec. the montreal chapter is the most powerful though.

Re: Leonardo Rizzuto (Montreal) has been shot at - 03/16/23 03:12 PM

I only mention the bikers because they are the only other ones who'd be strong enough to do something like this. I don't think they would because of the reasons you said. Raynald Desjardins is close to Trois-Rivières bikers but I don't think that means anything if he decided to attack the Rizzutos again.

Re: Leonardo Rizzuto (Montreal) has been shot at - 03/16/23 03:14 PM

Out of all theories, thinking that NY is behind this it’s…well…crazy.

A much better (yet still unlikely) theory would be: Sollecito taking Leonardo out as some sort of a pact with the other Italian factions. Still highly unlikely, like I said, but not as out of whack as believing that Mancuso has something to do with this.

Although I do see Scott Burnstein writing a whole article about it citing his “sources” in NY. lol

Re: Leonardo Rizzuto (Montreal) has been shot at - 03/16/23 03:51 PM

@Blackmobs @Mafia101

I’m also reading and seeing that both the Yves Légare and Alfred Dallaire Memoria locations in Laval are supposedly where Rizzuto escaped to safety by getting off the highway and driving into the parking lot of a funeral home. Are either of you able to confirm which funeral home he drove to?

It was an Alfred Dallaire. But the reason some news say Yves Legaré, its because the company Yves Légaré bought and own the Alfred Dallaire memorials.

So it was an Alfrd Dallaire that is owned by Gestion Yves Légaré.

Re: Leonardo Rizzuto (Montreal) has been shot at - 03/16/23 04:00 PM

Thanks for clearing that up Blackmobs that explains the confusion that myself and reports are having. When you look up the location it shows the name Yves Légaré but the building signage says Alfred Dallaire.

Re: Leonardo Rizzuto (Montreal) has been shot at - 03/16/23 04:05 PM

LEONARDO RIZZUTO
TARGET BY GUNTS OF SHOTGUN

The youngest son of the late Montreal mafia godfather Vito Rizzuto, Leonardo Rizzuto, was shot in the leg on Wednesday afternoon at the corner of highways 13 and 440 in Laval, while driving his vehicle. The case could cause an escalation or at the very least an aftershock in the organized crime world.

The Sûreté du Québec (SQ) first reported having been called to the scene of the Yves Légaré funeral home around 4:30 p.m. Spokesperson Stéphane Tremblay indicated that a person had been injured, but that 'we don't fear for our life. Various police sources confirmed to La Presse on Wednesday that the person targeted is Leonardo Rizzuto, 53. He was transported to a hospital center. A vast investigation was opened in parallel.

Bursts of gunfire were fired from a moving vehicle at Rizzuto's car on 440 West at mile 20, according to our information. Also according to our information, Rizzuto was driving and would have been alone in the car. Everything indicates that he then drove for tens of meters before coming to a stop in the parking lot of the funeral home.

Highway 440 was closed to traffic in the area to let investigators establish the scene. It was the major crimes section of the SQ that took charge of the investigation.

Rizzuto, who has his title of lawyer, has no criminal history except impaired driving cases dating from the early 1990s. He is however considered by the Montreal police as one of the leaders of the Sicilian clan of the Montreal Mafia and one of the influential members of Montreal organized crime.

Laval police and SQ patrollers were dispatched to the scene on Wednesday, a large security perimeter having been erected in front of the funeral home and on Highway 440, where the first bursts took place. Rizzuto's vehicle, a Mercedez-Benz GLE, had flat tires. At the time of La Presse, one could also see at least eight bullet holes on the front left window, indicating that the shots could initially have been aimed at Rizzuto's head.

A funeral center official met at the scene indicated that the establishment will not comment on this event for the moment. The young guardian Alexandra Geramoutsos, meanwhile, was in an apartment located in front of the funeral center when the event occurred. “I saw an ambulance and several police cars arrive suddenly. And they erected a police perimeter quickly, ”she says.

“We always play in the corner, her and me. We often walk in the neighborhood, continues Ms. Geramoutsos, speaking of the young girl she regularly babysits. Of course that worries me. If it was her or me… Now, we wonder if we will continue to do all this. She is like my little sister. »

At the time, Maryse, a resident of the neighborhood, also said that she did not hear any shots, but saw many patrol cars arriving at a whirlwind. “We thought it must be serious, we wondered if someone had fired inside the establishment. Then we understood by reading the news, ”she exclaims in her doorway.

OPERATION MAGOT-MASTIFF

Leonardo Rizzuto was arrested in November 2015 as part of Operation Magot-Mastiff in which the SQ decapitated a Mafia-biker-gang alliance that ran Montreal's organized crime, and was charged with gangsterism and possession of a handgun and drugs.

But the evidence came mainly from a conversation picked up during the investigation by microphones installed by the police in the conference room of former criminal lawyer Loris Cavaliere. The police then obtained a warrant allowing them to search his home, where they found the gun and a small amount of cocaine.

But Rizzuto challenged the legality of the wiretap, which he said violated attorney-client privilege, and won. The search warrant was therefore invalidated and Rizzuto was acquitted, as was Stefano Sollecito, also considered one of the leaders of the Sicilian clan of the Montreal mafia.

Leonardo's older brother, Nicola Rizzuto Jr., was murdered in December 2009 in what was the genesis of an attempted coup against the family by rebel Mafia clans. His grandfather and former godfather, Nicola Rizzuto, and his uncle, Paolo Renda, were respectively murdered and abducted – without ever being found – in November and May 2010, during the same coup attempt.

Vito Rizzuto, for his part, died of natural causes in December 2013.

The attempted murder of Leonardo Rizzuto must be considered a major event in the criminal world in Montreal and could cause an escalation or at the very least an aftershock.

Many individuals linked to organized crime have been warned by the police that their life was in danger for a year, but these warnings are commonplace in the community.

Although police sources have reported some tensions within the mafia in recent months, others have told us more recently that the situation has been much calmer since the elimination in 2019 of the brothers Salvatore and Andrew Scoppa, who had them also took part in a power war against Sicilians in 2016, according to police.

The latest attacks targeting mafia-linked individuals came last fall when a cocaine importer, Vincenzo Armeni, was killed in October and a former lieutenant of the Rizzuto clan now close to the bikers, Francesco Del Balso, was the target of an attempted murder a month later. Both events occurred in Laval.

QUÉBEC WILL REMAIN ON THE ALERT

In the evening, Wednesday, the Minister of Public Security, François Bonnardel, reiterated through his cabinet that he had put "several measures in place to reduce armed violence on the territory of Quebec and mainly in the greater Montreal area. “, a “scourge” for which he says he actively supports the police on the ground. “We have confidence in the police forces, including that of Laval, to protect citizens. They are on the lookout and the specialized teams are on the ground, ”added the minister in reference to the attempted murder against Leonardo Rizzuto. He also promises to remain present to support local populations “as needed” in the coming days.

https://plus.lapresse.ca/screens/a2c6d643-a669-4313-8180-f252dbe467fd%7C_0.html

Re: Leonardo Rizzuto (Montreal) has been shot at - 03/16/23 04:14 PM

the shooters must have made their way back to the scene of the crime. because, after the shooting, they took the avenue des Bois. To leave Laval sur le Lac (Laval's wealthiest district). they have to turn around and get back on Highway 440.
Except, if they took the bridge to go to Saint-Hyacinthe.

Re: Leonardo Rizzuto (Montreal) has been shot at - 03/16/23 04:41 PM

The states have nothing to do with this.

Re: Leonardo Rizzuto (Montreal) has been shot at - 03/16/23 05:04 PM

Thanks for clearing that up Blackmobs that explains the confusion that myself and reports are having. When you look up the location it shows the name Yves Légaré but the building signage says Alfred Dallaire.

@Blackmobs

A thanks from me too for the clarification.

Re: Leonardo Rizzuto (Montreal) has been shot at - 03/16/23 05:10 PM

@Mafia101 @antimafia

Ya’ll welcome
Posted By: Liggio

Re: Leonardo Rizzuto (Montreal) has been shot at - 03/16/23 07:57 PM

You see the car he was driving while shot at? What a heap of shit. But he learned from the old school, no flash. Joey Merlino should learn from him.
Posted By: eastsideofvan

Re: Leonardo Rizzuto (Montreal) has been shot at - 03/16/23 09:47 PM

It looks like a Mercedes GLE AMG 43. Hardly my dream car but I wouldn't say it's a heap of shit. It's still an almost hundred thousand dollar car.

Of course, that's Canadian dollars.

Originally Posted by Liggio
You see the car he was driving while shot at? What a heap of shit. But he learned from the old school, no flash. Joey Merlino should learn from him.

Re: Leonardo Rizzuto (Montreal) has been shot at - 03/16/23 10:15 PM

SQ seeks witnesses to alleged Mafia leader Leonardo Rizzuto's attempted murder
https://montrealgazette.com/news/lo...eader-leonardo-rizzutos-attempted-murder

La Sûreté du Québec demande l’aide du public pour faire avancer son enquête
https://www.lapresse.ca/actualites/...ublic-pour-faire-avancer-son-enquete.php

Tentative de meurtre sur Leonardo Rizzuto: la Sûreté du Québec recherche des témoins
https://www.journaldemontreal.com/2...a-surete-du-quebec-recherche-des-temoins

Re: Leonardo Rizzuto (Montreal) has been shot at - 03/16/23 10:46 PM

What a close call

[Linked Image]

Re: Leonardo Rizzuto (Montreal) has been shot at - 03/16/23 11:15 PM

Tentative de meurtre à l'endroit de Leonardo Rizzuto: la police s'attend à une réplique violente
https://www.journaldequebec.com/202...a-police-sattend-a-une-replique-violente

Re: Leonardo Rizzuto (Montreal) has been shot at - 03/16/23 11:32 PM

Him driving alone in a regular car with no bulletproof glass means that he thought that the underworld was so stable that no one would make a move.

Re: Leonardo Rizzuto (Montreal) has been shot at - 03/16/23 11:39 PM

Ok, maybe not a heap of shit, but it's still pretty discreet or unassuming if you ask me. He still dresses nice, which puts the lie to the notion that wiseguys have to dress like slobs to not go to jail.

Re: Leonardo Rizzuto (Montreal) has been shot at - 03/17/23 12:48 AM

Tentative de meurtre à l'endroit de Leonardo Rizzuto: la police s'attend à une réplique violente
https://www.journaldequebec.com/202...a-police-sattend-a-une-replique-violente

Analysis by Mafia inc. co-author André Cédilot appears in Pascal Robidas’s latest article:

Guerre ou retraite? Leonardo Rizzuto à la croisée des chemins, selon un spécialiste
https://ici.radio-canada.ca/nouvell...zzuto-options-guerre-retraite-enquete-sq

Re: Leonardo Rizzuto (Montreal) has been shot at - 03/17/23 01:17 AM

Rough translation of the article posted above by antimafia:

WAR OR RETIREMENT?
Leonardo Rizzuto at a crossroads, according to a specialist
The son of the late Montreal mafia godfather Vito Rizzuto survived a burst of bullets fired at his car in Laval.

After miraculously surviving an attempted murder by firearm on Wednesday, Leonardo Rizzuto, considered by the police as one of the leaders of the Sicilian clan of the Montreal mafia, may have to choose between going to war against those who ordered his murder or lowering his flag by formalizing his retirement.

This is the opinion of the renowned Italian mafia specialist André Cédilot, who worked for 35 years at La Presse and signed two books on the Rizzuto clan.

One thing is certain, according to this expert, Leonardo Rizzuto, son of the late Montreal mafia godfather Vito Rizzuto, will not flee Canada as would other alleged mafias whose heads are put at a price.

Leonardo was born in Montreal and will never leave the city. When his father, Vito, was imprisoned in the United States, several police officers believed that he would never return to Quebec and choose Venezuela or Italy at the end of his sentence in Colorado. But her daughter Maria had told my police sources: her family was from Montreal and she would never leave the city, recalls André Cédilot.

The alleged 53-year-old mafia leader escaped death on Wednesday at about 4:40 p.m., while driving his Mercedes-Benz at the junction of Highways 440 and 13, in Laval.

The shooter opened fire about ten times, but only injured him in the leg.

Leonardo Rizzuto was transported to the Cité-de-la-Santé de Laval, but he left the hospital, escorted by his close guard, in the early evening, according to our information.

It was not a message, we wanted to get rid of it, says the mafia specialist by looking at Radio-Canada's photos, thus corroborating the opinion of our police sources.

As Leonardo is the last living son of Vito Rizzuto, André Cédilot explains that it was the former lawyer Loris Cavaliere who took him under his wing to propel him to the consultation table created between criminal organizations about ten years ago.

Leonardo has neither the charisma nor the experience or contacts his father had when he ruled organized crime in Montreal. It could have been propelled only because of its name. But since his father's friends were all murdered, he no longer has control over the Italian mafia clans in Montreal and other criminal organizations, adds Mr. Cédilot.

The withdrawal of Stefano Sollecito

After the assassination of Rocco Sollecito on May 27, 2016, a few meters from the Laval police headquarters, his son Stefano took over to take care of the affairs of the Rizzuto clan, the expert reports.

I am convinced that Leonardo was imposed on Stefano, who already had business relations with bikers and other criminal organizations, explains André Cédilot.

However, according to our police sources, Stefano Sollecito, now 54, is no longer considered an influential and active member of organized crime because of serious health problems.

According to our information, his condition has deteriorated in recent months.

Stefano was the last one who could prevent us from trying to get rid of Leonardo, who does not have the respect of the mafia Italian families of Montreal. There are about ten of them. Without a protector, he has simply become an accessory in the organized crime ecosystem, adds the former investigative journalist.

André Cédilot does not believe that Leonardo Rizzuto can have the allies and resources necessary to go to war against those who ordered his murder.

Several organized crime actors have the potential to be behind this attack. It can be bikers, like the Calabrian mafia or old enemies of the Rizzuto family, says the specialist.

The confession of the hitman Frédérick Silva, who agreed to collaborate with the Sûreté du Québec, could make several members of organized crime who are still active nervous. Leonardo's involvement in crimes confessed by Silva could encourage people to take action, believes André Cédilot.

Over the past year, police officers specialized in the fight against organized crime have warned several people that their heads were put at a price.

According to our information, the name of Leonardo Rizzuto was part of the number.

Re: Leonardo Rizzuto (Montreal) has been shot at - 03/17/23 02:59 AM

Ok, maybe not a heap of shit, but it's still pretty discreet or unassuming if you ask me. He still dresses nice, which puts the lie to the notion that wiseguys have to dress like slobs to not go to jail.

No one has ever said you have to dress like a slob to not go to jail lol guy just got shot and you're more interested in what kind of heap of shit he's driving and what he wears lol

Re: Leonardo Rizzuto (Montreal) has been shot at - 03/17/23 03:06 AM

Yes, it's a shame he got shot. Excuse me.

Re: Leonardo Rizzuto (Montreal) has been shot at - 03/17/23 03:49 AM

A few days ago i mentioned Stefano health issues.

However, according to our police sources, Stefano Sollecito, now 54, is no longer considered an influential and active member of organized crime because of serious health problems.

According to our information, his condition has deteriorated in recent months.

Re: Leonardo Rizzuto (Montreal) has been shot at - 03/17/23 06:47 AM

…who does not have the respect of the mafia Italian families of Montreal. There are about ten of them.

about 10 families
Posted By: dixiemafia

Re: Leonardo Rizzuto (Montreal) has been shot at - 03/17/23 07:02 AM

Come to check on Montreal news and here we are. Interesting...
Posted By: BensonHURST

Re: Leonardo Rizzuto (Montreal) has been shot at - 03/17/23 08:53 AM

All fingers pointing to “UNCLE JR”
Leonardo never had the makings of a Varsity athlete.

Sounds like Jr. got a couple of the “Girls from the Hood”
to carry this out.

Re: Leonardo Rizzuto (Montreal) has been shot at - 03/17/23 04:34 PM

More analysis.

L’absence de chef commence peut-être à se faire sentir
https://www.lapresse.ca/actualites/...commence-peut-etre-a-se-faire-sentir.php

Re: Leonardo Rizzuto (Montreal) has been shot at - 03/17/23 06:17 PM

I only mention the bikers because they are the only other ones who'd be strong enough to do something like this. I don't think they would because of the reasons you said. Raynald Desjardins is close to Trois-Rivières bikers but I don't think that means anything if he decided to attack the Rizzutos again.

Would Desjardins be so stupid while under supervision? Or he sees it as the only way to save himself.

Re: Leonardo Rizzuto (Montreal) has been shot at - 03/17/23 06:19 PM

very interesting details in last 2 la presse articles by daniel renaud.
now renaud has stated as much since 2019 about the structure of the mafia in mtl and this would confirm that such structure still exists. a vertical group of competing cells working at times together and at times with other OC groups. NOT a pyramid like more traditional italian crime family.

he mentions there being around 10 families or cells operating in the city. i believe in 2019 that number was around the same may have been as high as 13 so not alot of fluctuation in total cells. and renaud further confirms that since 2013 death of VITO RIZZUTO no single person has taken over as #1 BOSS of these 10 or so cells.
it would also confirm that LEONARDO RIZZUTO although may lead a cell it is not the most important or first among equals at all but on par with the other cells in the city.

Re: Leonardo Rizzuto (Montreal) has been shot at - 03/17/23 07:36 PM

possible montreal mafia cells (mar 2023)

1.RIZZUTO
LEADER
LEONARDO RIZZUTO

2.SOLLECITO
LEADER
STEFANO SOLLECITO

3.ARCADI/DEL BALSO
LEADER
FRANCESCO ARCADI/ FRANCESCO DEL BALSO

4.PIZZI
LEADER
MARCO PIZZI

5.BARBERIO
LEADER
DAVIDE BARBERIO

6.OLIVERIO/LOPEZ
LEADER
SERAFINO OLIVERIO

7.PIETRANTONIO
LEADER
ANTONIO PIETRANTONIO

8.MIRARCHI
LEADER
VITTORIO MIRARCHI

9.ALBANESE/COLAPELLE
LEADER
FRANCO ALBANESE/CARLO COLAPELLE

10.BASTONE
LEADER
ANTONIO/ROBERTO BASTONE

11.SILVANO
LEADER
PASQUALE/PATRIZIO SILVANO

12.SUCAPANE
LEADER
ALESSANDRO SUCAPANE

-these would be the most prominent names i could pull from the old filing cabinet. i will not attempt at this point to claim who may be allied together after the most recent attempted murder. who is vying for power and a chance at the top seat is unknown at this time. i did not include any reference to a desjardins cell as he is not italian. there would still exist the possibility that the albanese/colapelle cell is in fact working for or still paying a tax to the VIOLI bros out of hamilton. past investigations after 2014 arrest of nicola valvano and colapelle revealed there tobacco import group was paying tax to VIOLIS. this arrangement continued through the olios-median tobacco arrest of domenico agostino et al in 2018. 5-9 years ago i realize but a possibility.

there would also appear to be a somewhat clear divide amongst these cells but again at this point who knows.
historically the first 6 cells listed have worked together and with full patch members of the mtl chapter of hells angels. there has also been past working alliances with gregory woolley allied street gang members but not all street gangs.

cells 8 through 12 have historically never been allied with the RIZZUTO/SOLLECITO,RIZZUTO CRIME FAMILY.
mirarchi obviously because of his past alliance with desjardins and through him joe dimaulo. also because of this mirarchi would have found himself working with the now deceased giuseppe devito. as mentioned previous the albanese/colapelle cell possibly has ties to the VIOLI bros. also colapelles brother giuseppe (murdered 2012) was allied with both mirarchi/desjardins and never worked with the RIZZUTOS. the bastone and silvano cells when busted as part of project clemenza 1/2 in 2014 and 2015 were either reported as being independent or to be working with giuseppe devito. i can recall no media or law enforcement documents alleging they were part of the RIZZUTOS that is for sure. the same can be said for alessandro sucapane and anyonre who possibly lines up with him. sucapane was devitos man on the street after his 2010 capture and imprisonment. there was some reporting that sucapane had fallen in line after the return of VITO RIZZUTO and this is possible considering he wasnt one of the many to be murdered in the ensuing revenge/purge. however sucapane has been fairly inactive and quiet since his release from proj clemenza sentencing.

the major question is where does pietrantonio sit in all this. he was once allied with salvatore montagna and after dec 2011 attempted murder looks to have been active as a cocaine importer for the sinaloa cartel according to testimony at the EL CHAPO trial. he dealt direct with el chapos secretary/#2 alex fuentes villa i believe. that connection is dead after fuentes villa testimony/cooperation but the connect to the cartel may still exist making pietrantonio an important member in montreal. this also may explain his alliance with the 2 newest power players for the HA MARTIN ROBERT AND STEPHAN PLOUFFE. ROBERT it appears is the most influential full patch in quebec if not all of canada and has been linked to several drug networks and large imports of cocaine.

i am NOT stating this is how these cells line up to be clear. there would however exist the possibility that if yet again the mafia in montreal is about to go to war battles lines could be drawn along those lines. there also exists the possibility that there is no sucapane,silvano or bastone cells at all. this list is just a best guess at this point...back to the jays game...happy st pattys day...cheers
Posted By: ralphie_cifaretto

Re: Leonardo Rizzuto (Montreal) has been shot at - 03/17/23 08:43 PM

I'm betting this came from Desjardins

Re: Leonardo Rizzuto (Montreal) has been shot at - 03/17/23 10:19 PM

I wouldn't call Leonardo Rizzuto and Stefano Sollecito as separate cells they're firmly together as one.

Re: Leonardo Rizzuto (Montreal) has been shot at - 03/17/23 11:20 PM

Originally Posted by ralphie_cifaretto

Very possible after the plot to kill him in prison was found out

Re: Leonardo Rizzuto (Montreal) has been shot at - 03/18/23 12:37 AM

Originally Posted by dixiemafia
Originally Posted by ralphie_cifaretto

Very possible after the plot to kill him in prison was found out

And they killed his brother a very well respected guy.

Re: Leonardo Rizzuto (Montreal) has been shot at - 03/18/23 01:58 AM

Ducarme Joseph killed Nicky for Tony Magi. It wasn't Raynald Desjardins.

Re: Leonardo Rizzuto (Montreal) has been shot at - 03/18/23 02:03 AM

No Ray his brother Jacques Desjardins I mean in 2017.

Re: Leonardo Rizzuto (Montreal) has been shot at - 03/18/23 02:57 AM

Oh misunderstood. But just saying we don't know they took him out.

Re: Leonardo Rizzuto (Montreal) has been shot at - 03/18/23 03:33 AM

Originally Posted by Hollander
And they killed his brother a very well respected guy.

Yep just another finger possibly pointing Desjardins way. Got to say it's a ballsy move if it is him, but they may have missed their chance for sure because surely he bunkers down now.

Re: Leonardo Rizzuto (Montreal) has been shot at - 03/18/23 12:19 PM

Stefano Sollecito and Vito Rizzuto filmed by the police in 2013. In December Vito died.

[Linked Image]

Re: Leonardo Rizzuto (Montreal) has been shot at - 03/19/23 01:19 AM

ANALYSE | Tentative d'assassinat sur Leonardo Rizzuto :
«L'étape de vouloir éliminer cette personne» :
https://www.tvanouvelles.ca/2023/03...etape-de-vouloir-eliminer-cette-personne

Re: Leonardo Rizzuto (Montreal) has been shot at - 03/19/23 03:51 AM

ANALYSE | Tentative d'assassinat sur Leonardo Rizzuto :
«L'étape de vouloir éliminer cette personne» :
https://www.tvanouvelles.ca/2023/03...etape-de-vouloir-eliminer-cette-personne

If the Hells Angels were behind it he would be dead this looks more like streetgangs.

Re: Leonardo Rizzuto (Montreal) has been shot at - 03/20/23 05:17 PM

https://torontosun.com/news/national/gangland-canada-will-renewed-montreal-mayhem-spread-to-gta

Will renewed Montreal mayhem spread to GTA?
Published Mar 19, 2023 • Last updated 20 hours ago • 4 minute read

And dat’s dat.” — Vinnie (Charles Scorsese), GoodFellas

That was the general feeling among underworld observers when Pasquale “Fat Pat” Musitano was rubbed out in the parking lot of a Burlington patio furniture store in July 2020.

The hit ended three years of internecine gangland warfare between rival factions for control of lucrative southern Ontario dope and gambling markets.

But there was much more: Fellow mobsters didn’t like or trust Musitano, a Mafioso nepo baby who overplayed his hand in the 1997 Hamilton hit on underworld paragon Johnny Papalia.

And by the end of that scorching day in 2020, not only was Fat Pat on his way to the morgue, but so was the Musitano crime family.

The rubout of Musitano immediately dialled back the violence that claimed at least a dozen men and one innocent woman.

Nearly three years later, there are stirrings in the organized crime milieu.

Those rumblings are the result of a brazen afternoon hit on mob scion Leonardo Rizzuto, 53, in the Montreal suburb of Laval. The reputed Mafia leader survived the attempt on his life but it could bring ill-tidings to the underworld in Quebec — and Ontario.

At least six bullets were fired at the Mercedes GLE 53 Rizzuto was in.

“When Montreal gets the sniffles, Toronto gets a cold,” Mafia expert Antonio Nicaso told The Toronto Sun.

“Usually, they want to stay under the radar. Violence is very dangerous to their business and normally they will try to avoid any form of violence at all costs.”

Leonardo Rizzuto’s famed father was longtime Montreal boss Vito Rizzuto. Nicaso and others have said junior wasn’t a big player in gangland, but his last name is highly symbolic.

The drug-fueled and heat attracting antics of Montreal North caused concern for mob boss Nicola Rizzuto, pictured, and his Irish allies.
“He is the son of Vito Rizzuto, the target of a shooting … it shows revenge doesn’t have a statute of limitations,” the Queen’s University professor said.

The crime family had split into two factions following the death from cancer of Vito Rizzuto in 2013. And then, the bodies began hitting the pavement.

But as Nicaso noted, bloodbaths are expensive and soon, an uneasy peace took hold. A peace that was fuelled by staggering profits, more than enough for everyone.

“Leonardo Rizzuto was not very active but he had people around him who were loyal to his father. But it appears certain wounds do not heal,” Nicaso added.

And there will be repercussions in Ontario, where peace has bolstered the bottom line.

“Criminal organizations are always more profitable — and dangerous — when they fly under the radar,” Nicaso said. “Canada is a perfect place for them: Complacent politicians and businessmen … it’s a perfect situation.”

However, with new challenges and potential revenue streams, the Mafia maven said sometimes violence is “inevitable.”

As for the mob’s traditional rackets, Nicaso doesn’t believe the legalization of cannabis has hurt the underworld at all. Nor have they taken a hit from legalized gambling.

He said in some areas, mobsters own cannabis dispensaries and supply them with much stronger, illegal weed. Plus, synthetic drugs like deadly Fentanyl are where the money’s at.

Nicaso said that for a $1,500 investment, 1 million tablets can be made and then sold for $5 a pop, resulting in a profit of $5 million.

And online betting? Boffo bucks for the bad guys.

Longtime underworld watcher and author James Dubro agreed that Leonardo Rizzuto was not a particularly powerful mob boss.

He believes Calabrian gangsters and members of Ontario’s many N’drangheta cells are looking to settle scores.

“Montreal is always a battleground. After all, it’s the red zone for organized crime in Canada,” Dubro told the Sun.

That doesn’t mean because Musitano is out of the way that the Mafia is inactive in southern Ontario.

Dubro noted Buffalo crime family underboss Domenico Violi is now back on the streets after being jailed in a monster drug trafficking investigation. Now on parole, Dubro said he is “clearly on the ascent.”

And he has long had a bone to pick with the Rizzutos who backed the Musitano crime family in their criminal machinations over decades.

“So quiet is relative,” Dubro said. “There’s always competition and rivalries in the biker and Mafia worlds, either open [with violence] or just under the surface.”

He added: “It’s the nature of the beast, but with ‘Fat Pat’ and his ragtag family more or less gone it is quieter — for now. But there is a lot simmering under the surface.

“We have no lack of very ambitious and often very violent N’drangheta bosses like the Violis in Ontario.”

Nicaso added: “The Rizzuto hit is one of those events that can have terrifying consequences. Someone was emboldened to do this during a truce … they have been working together. That truce ended a long string of murders.”

“Someone has opened a Pandora’s Box in Montreal. There will be repercussions, especially in Ontario, and many things could happen. I mean, you’ve just tried to kill the son of Vito Rizzuto.”

bhunter@postmedia.com

@HunterTOSun

Re: Leonardo Rizzuto (Montreal) has been shot at - 03/20/23 05:43 PM

Two "experts" that have the dumbest takes

Re: Leonardo Rizzuto (Montreal) has been shot at - 03/20/23 09:55 PM

Let me guess: they hype the Violis and underestimate Rizzuto’s power?

I don’t know about Dunbro but Nicaso is considered knowledgeable about Calabrians.
Posted By: mike68

Re: Leonardo Rizzuto (Montreal) has been shot at - 03/21/23 02:43 AM

So are they saying that they think Ontario and the Violi's are responsible? What happened to Desjardins and Mirarchi? Does anyone really know at this point?

Re: Leonardo Rizzuto (Montreal) has been shot at - 03/21/23 04:13 AM

Dubro is saying it could be what happened but the only theory that's more unlikely than that is the Mancuso one lol take my advice and read the articles written by Canadians in Montreal they're far more reliable than a guy from Boston.

Re: Leonardo Rizzuto (Montreal) has been shot at - 03/21/23 06:11 AM

Let me guess: they hype the Violis and underestimate Rizzuto’s power?

I don’t know about Dunbro but Nicaso is considered knowledgeable about Calabrians.

Nicaso is well respected in Italy. Has written dozens of books about the 'Ndrangheta. He will never present information about (something) in a sensational way.

Re: Leonardo Rizzuto (Montreal) has been shot at - 03/21/23 12:31 PM

Yes he makes regular collaborations with Nicola Gratteri, a well know anti-Mafia magistrate.

Re: Leonardo Rizzuto (Montreal) has been shot at - 03/22/23 03:02 PM

Nicaso is alright on other things but his takes on Montreal are garbage. He thinks everything is some vendetta that has been decades in the making when they're just new power struggles or shootings over criminal activities. There will not be any repercussions in Ontario because of Leonardo Rizzuto's shooting.

Re: Leonardo Rizzuto (Montreal) has been shot at - 03/22/23 04:24 PM

Interestingly enough, Anna Sergi, another knowledgeable criminologist that focuses mostly on Italian organized crime abroad, disagrees with the Ontario-scenario and tweeted something similar to what Mafia101 just posted.

Not everything is some major international or nation-wide plot:

Originally Posted by Anna Sergi (Prof | Dr) @annasergi 20 march 2023

always amazed how in #Canada persists a belief that violence is the strategic result of higher rule of IOC across provinces. what if this isn’t about IOC at all? What if this is just about Montreal? And no Violi is not really #ndrangheta and please don’t spell it N’drangheta.

Re: Leonardo Rizzuto (Montreal) has been shot at - 03/22/23 05:58 PM

People need to keep posting the list of murders and their motives that have occurred as a result of this "war" so we can maintain a clear picture of what's going on.

Re: Leonardo Rizzuto (Montreal) has been shot at - 03/22/23 05:59 PM

I still have yet to see a confirmed hit on a mobster by bikers. Confirmed being the keyword here, not speculation, but confirmation.

Re: Leonardo Rizzuto (Montreal) has been shot at - 03/22/23 06:46 PM

That was NO MESSAGE JOB...
That was a "SLEEP WITH THE FISHES" near miss Job.....

Re: Leonardo Rizzuto (Montreal) has been shot at - 03/22/23 10:55 PM

Mafia, ambush boss Leonardo Rizzuto: shot and wounded in Montreal
Leonardo Rizzuto, last heir of the powerful Cattolica Eraclea mafia family, is considered to be at the top of the Montreal mafia

Posted 7 days agoFrom editorial staff
Leonardo Rizzuto, son of the boss Vito and last heir of the powerful mafia family originally from Cattolica Eraclea, was shot while he was aboard his Mercedes in the Laval district of Montreal. The man, considered by the investigators to be at the top of the Canadian mafia, is not in danger of life. The ambush took place on Wednesday afternoon along highway 440. The news was reported by the overseas media. At least six shells exploded. Rizzuto, after being shot, would continue to drive for at least another two kilometers before stopping near a funeral home between the Highway 13 service road and Principale Street.

The last sighting of Leonardo Rizzuto in Sicily dates back to the summer of 2019 when he returned to Cattolica Eraclea together with his wife and children and together with his sister Libertina, her husband Benny Sciortino and their children to spend a short holiday. They stayed in a b&b in the historic center of Cattolica Eraclea and then spent another short holiday also at the Verdura Resort in Sciacca.

The history of the Rizzuto family starts from Cattolica Eraclea. The progenitor boss Vito Rizzuto was the first to move to the new continent in 1922. Immediately engaged in criminal affairs, he was killed when he was 32 years old. In February 1954, Nicolò Rizzuto, son of Vito, arrived in Canada. Unlike his father, Nicolò arrived in the land of lakes with his family and immediately headed to the big city of Montreal. For over twenty years, heroin trafficking enriched the Sicilian bosses and it is precisely in this perspective that the Caruana and Cuntrera rose to prominence, coincidentally also coming from the province of Agrigento, Siculiana, only 16 kilometers away from Cattolica Eraclea. In 1966 Vito married Giovanna Cammalleri, originally from Cattolica Eraclea, but moved with her family to Toronto, Canada. The most influential bosses attended the wedding. Nick Rizzuto had the opportunity to build an outpost of the family in Venezuela, where he moved in 1973 and where he was able to take advantage of the support of the Caruana Cuntreras, and in that territory he was at the head of the main businesses. Vito Rizzuto, born in 1946 in Cattolica Eraclea, died on December 23, 2013 in Montreal of natural causes after almost eight years in prison during which his rivals had killed his son Nick Jr and his father Nick.

Today the scepter of command - according to news arriving from Montreal - is held by the tandem formed by Leonardo Rizzuto and Stefano Sollecito. Son of Vito the first, who became godfather; son of Rocco Sollecito the second, who was the shadow of Nicola and Vito Rizzuto.

Re: Leonardo Rizzuto (Montreal) has been shot at - 03/29/23 04:49 PM

https://www.journaldemontreal.com/2...lan-rizzuto-se-retrouve-dans-leau-chaude

Organized crime: this ex-strongman of the Rizzuto clan finds himself in hot water

The boiling Laval mafioso Francesco Del Balso, suspected of having plotted the assassination attempt of which Leonardo Rizzuto was the victim in mid-March, has known for a week that a bounty has been placed on his head for having dared to attack the son of the late mob boss.

Re: Leonardo Rizzuto (Montreal) has been shot at - 03/29/23 04:51 PM

Hunted from all sides, the former strongman of the Rizzuto clan has been hiding as a fugitive since the police prevented him from fleeing Canada urgently by arresting him at Trudeau airport on March 23, according to information from our Bureau of Investigation.
Del Balso, a specialist in extortion and illegal sports betting, had been advised by relatives of the underworld that his life was in danger and that he had better get out of the way as soon as possible.

However, the mafioso known for his impulsive and angry temperament was already under police surveillance, since the authorities considered him a suspect in the attempted murder perpetrated on lawyer Rizzuto, when he was trying to take a flight in the direction of the city. 'Europe.
The police therefore arrested him and confiscated his passport to prevent Del Balso from managing to escape.
Reprisals
According to our sources, the presumed motive behind this settling of scores is a response to the attempted murder of which Del Balso himself was the victim, on November 7, also in Laval.

At least six shots were fired in the direction of the Lexus SUV where he was sitting but he escaped unscathed.
However, law enforcement would have no evidence or clues leading them to believe that Leonardo Rizzuto could have authorized or ordered the armed attack on Del Balso.

The police continue to keep an eye on the latter despite his movements.
Searches
Del Balso was not at his home in Laval when the police carried out one of the eight searches carried out there simultaneously on Wednesday by the Sûreté du Québec, which is seeking to elucidate the crime committed at the expense of Leonardo Rizzuto and by the Squad National Organization for Repression against Organized Crime (ENRCO), which is carrying out an anti-drug investigation targeting three influential members of the Hells Angels.
As one might expect, the March 15 shooting that the late godfather's son Vito Rizzuto survived despite being hit by multiple gunshots caused quite a stir in the highest circles of the organized crime, both on the side of the Italian mafia and the Hells Angels bikers.
Several meetings have been organized, within the two groups but also between Hells Angels and members of the Rizzuto clan, since Del Balso is now considered by the police to be closer to bikers than to the mafia, our Office has learned. of investigation.
Our sources, as well as police documents, say that Del Balso would even be closely linked to the most influential Quebec member of the Hells, Martin Robert, and to the one who would be unofficial number 2 of the gang, Stéphane Plouffe.
The Hells Robert and Plouffe are also among the business “associates” of the Rizzuto clan, according to a report by the Criminal Intelligence Service of Quebec produced in 2021.
Coincidence or not, Robert and Plouffe were also targeted by the series of searches carried out on Wednesday in the ENRCO anti-drug investigation.
According to our information, this ENRCO investigation targeting the Hells and the search targeting Del Balso in relation to the shooting against Leonardo Rizzuto are however two separate files. This suggests that the bikers would therefore not be involved in the Rizzuto affair.

Re: Leonardo Rizzuto (Montreal) has been shot at - 03/29/23 04:57 PM

https://www.lapresse.ca/actualites/...-qu-il-s-appretait-a-quitter-le-pays.php

Attack against Leonardo Rizzuto Francesco Del Balso arrested as he was about to leave the country

Mafioso Francesco Del Balso, whose residence was raided on Wednesday morning as part of a major drug trafficking investigation, was arrested at Montreal-Trudeau airport in the middle of the evening last Thursday, in connection with the attempted murder of which Leonardo Rizzuto was a victim in mid-March, La Presse learned from various sources.

At the time of his arrest, Del Balso would have intended to go to Italy, a country for which he would have obtained a plane ticket, one way only, according to our information.

Del Balso, 52, was released without charge pending further investigation by the Sûreté du Québec.
According to our information, his passport and his telephone were however seized by the investigators.
Leg and shoulder injuries

On Wednesday, March 15, Leonardo Rizzuto, youngest son of former Montreal mob boss Vito Rizzuto, was the target of several shots fired from a moving vehicle while he was in his car, in a sector located at the corner of highways 440 and 13, in Laval.

Leonardo Rizzuto, member of the Bar and considered by the police to be one of the leaders of the Sicilian clan of the Montreal mafia, was reportedly hit by two projectiles, and was injured in the legs and shoulder.

Driving, alone on board, he still managed to get to the parking lot of a funeral home, where he was rescued by Urgences-Santé paramedics and taken to hospital.
Aimed at least three times

Formerly associated with the Sicilian clan of the Montreal mafia, Francesco Del Balso was sentenced to 15 years in prison for gangsterism, trafficking and importing cocaine in the wake of the major Coliseum operation carried out by the Royal Canadian Mounted Police in November 2006.
He was shot while in his car near his home in Laval last November, and it's a miracle he got away without a scratch.

According to our sources, Del Balso was the target of another attempted murder by shooting in Laval at the end of January, but there was a mistake about the person.
The attack on Rizzuto could be a response to these murder attempts, sources say.
In May 2017, while he was on parole, individuals broke into Del Balso's house, presumably to kill him. But the mafioso was absent and the suspects manhandled his family members before fleeing.
Last September, Laval police arrested him in connection with allegations of extortion against a priest, but he was never charged in this case.
According to police sources, Del Balso is today more associated with bikers than with the mafia. He would be close to the Hells Angels Martin Robert and Stéphane Plouffe, considered by the police to be among the most influential individuals in Montreal organized crime.

According to our information, members of the Montreal mafia have found that Del Balso's group has been too broad in recent months in certain criminal activities, which could explain the attempted murders of which the latter has been the victim more recently.

Re: Leonardo Rizzuto (Montreal) has been shot at - 03/29/23 05:01 PM

https://www.lapresse.ca/actualites/...se-montrealais-dans-la-ligne-de-mire.php

Look like Del Baso was really really tight with the Hells Angels. Guess now the HA could be suspects in the hit against Leonardo after all…..

According to reports, investigators from the National Organized Crime Repression Squad (ENRCO) are raiding the residences of half a dozen individuals, including the Hells Angels of the Montreal section Martin Robert, Stéphane Plouffe and Michel Lamontagne.
The homes of other individuals, including the former lieutenant of the Rizzuto clan Francesco Del Balso, now considered by the police to be close to the bikers, are also searched.

70 police officers are taking part in the operation, including members of the Sûreté du Québec's Tactical Intervention Group (GTI) and dog handlers. No arrests are expected.
This is the first wave of searches carried out during the investigation and intended to gather clues, because since the Supreme Court's Jordan decision, which limits judicial delays, the police and the prosecution want to be ready to release their evidence as soon as a suspect is arrested and charged.
The investigation, which began in 2021, “concerns drug trafficking and targets influential members of the Hells Angels,” a spokesperson for the SQ simply told La Presse.

Re: Leonardo Rizzuto (Montreal) has been shot at - 03/29/23 05:03 PM

Beat me to it Blackmobs. I dont believe Frank Del Balso is involved, but you never know. Balso did send one of his guys to Europe at the beginning of the year, as reports said there was a plot on his life. If Balso is involved, he would not have made a move on Rizzuto without some major backing, and the HA Montreal have business of their own to take care of instead of taking part with the Italians at the moment.

Re: Leonardo Rizzuto (Montreal) has been shot at - 03/29/23 05:05 PM

Since Del Baso was doing alot of buisness with the Hells Angels, can we assume that the HA were involved or they knew the hit was going to happen…..

I guess Del Baso would not have done this hit without talking to his new partners the Hells Angels….

Re: Leonardo Rizzuto (Montreal) has been shot at - 03/29/23 05:06 PM

Yeah, I think if Del Baso did the move that would be stupid from his part. Especially if he tried to escape in Italy (probably the worst place to hide, if you kill/or try to kill a mob boss without no backup from an italian organized crime group.

Re: Leonardo Rizzuto (Montreal) has been shot at - 03/29/23 05:53 PM

Every article says the searches of Francesco Del Balso and of the bikers are separate files. Francesco Del Balso is stupid enough to make this move on his own. Let's not forget a few months ago he was trying to extort a church for $5000 a week because years ago his ex wife donated clothing that had expensive jewelry in them. Everytime we hear his name it's because he did something stupid.

Re: Leonardo Rizzuto (Montreal) has been shot at - 03/29/23 06:47 PM

In the interview of Felix Seguin in the radio, he’s talking about those events.

The day of the hit against Leonardo Rizzuto, Del Baso was in Mexico with the Hells Angels Martin Robert.

Also, the police think that, Del Baso could have the ok from the Hells Angels.

Re: Leonardo Rizzuto (Montreal) has been shot at - 03/29/23 06:52 PM

Felix seguin also said in the interview at the radio. That the police told Del Baso that he has the biggest contract in history of the mafia on his head.

Re: Leonardo Rizzuto (Montreal) has been shot at - 03/29/23 07:23 PM

From reporter Paul Cherry’s Dec. 6, 2018 article:

According to a joint statement of facts presented to Quebec Court Judge Robert Marchi by prosecutor Simon Lacoste and defence lawyer Anthony Francischiello on Thursday, Del Balso told the prosecutor “that he was in the Italian Mafia. That he was a lieutenant in the Rizzuto clan,” and that he was upset over the publication of the photo of his family’s home.

Link: https://montrealgazette.com/news/lo...leads-guilty-to-threatening-tva-reporter

Re: Leonardo Rizzuto (Montreal) has been shot at - 03/29/23 08:06 PM

Frappes de la SQ contre des têtes dirigeantes des Hells Angels et de la mafia italienne
https://ici.radio-canada.ca/nouvell...aires-tentative-meurtre-leonardo-rizzuto

Arrestation spectaculaire d'un Hells sur l'A-50 :
https://www.tvanouvelles.ca/2023/03...laire-de-martin-robert-sur-lautoroute-50

Quebec police execute search warrants in Hells Angels investigation
https://montrealgazette.com/news/lo...search-warrants-in-probe-of-hells-angels

Re: Leonardo Rizzuto (Montreal) has been shot at - 03/29/23 08:16 PM

500k on Del Baso’s head

Re: Leonardo Rizzuto (Montreal) has been shot at - 03/29/23 08:39 PM

That's pretty quick by police so it has nothing to do with Desjardins-Mirarchi.

Re: Leonardo Rizzuto (Montreal) has been shot at - 03/29/23 08:51 PM

Hollander Francesco Del Balso is only suspected of being behind it he hasn't been charged with anything yet. We have no idea if Vittorio Mirarchi or Raynald Desjardins have any involvment.

Re: Leonardo Rizzuto (Montreal) has been shot at - 03/29/23 09:17 PM

Quebec provincial police executing search warrants targeting Hells Angels.
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montreal/quebec-police-search-warrants-hells-angels-1.6794679

Re: Leonardo Rizzuto (Montreal) has been shot at - 03/29/23 10:32 PM

Hollander Francesco Del Balso is only suspected of being behind it he hasn't been charged with anything yet. We have no idea if Vittorio Mirarchi or Raynald Desjardins have any involvment.

Yes we have to wait if they charge him or the 81.

Re: Leonardo Rizzuto (Montreal) has been shot at - 03/29/23 10:52 PM

^^^^
Police across Quebec conduct anti-drug trafficking raids targeting Hells Angels and the Mafia
https://www.theglobeandmail.com/can...t-anti-drug-trafficking-raids-targeting/

Re: Leonardo Rizzuto (Montreal) has been shot at - 03/30/23 08:26 AM

Interesting development. There's probably a lot of confusion going on. This is good news for Desjardins

Re: Leonardo Rizzuto (Montreal) has been shot at - 03/30/23 11:34 AM

so A possible theory developing here is that LEONARDO RIZZUTO made the attempt on DEL BALSO in november 2022. the attempt on RIZZUTO a week ago was retaliation. do i have that right?

but DEL BALSO had no backing from HA for hit attempt. even though every french press article from the day DEL BALSO was released has linked him to ROBERT/PLOUFFE?

and the multiple arrests involving DEL BALSO at airport and HA's ROBERT,PLOUFFE AND LAMONTAGNE are 2 different unrelated busts. DEL BALSO'S looks like he is at least wanted for questioning and i can only imagine he still has parole restrictions for traveling outside canada. and italy to hide seems an odd choice. the HA bust stems from large scale drug trafficking which the police in quebec have been chipping away at for a couple years now with various busts connecting back to this group.

never a dull day in montreal.

Re: Leonardo Rizzuto (Montreal) has been shot at - 03/30/23 11:43 AM

https://www.tvanouvelles.ca/2021/10/26/le-fils-dun-mafieux-notoire-associe-aux-hells-angels-1

this article has always been intriguing to me. it states that the ROBERT/PLOUFFE organization includes the son of RAYNALD DESJARDINS, if but in a minor role. it also hints at the possibility that some kind of truce was made w/ RIZZUTOS and DESJARDINS to allow for this. mathieu desjardins, the son who has a gun charge in his past appears to be minding his fathers affairs and in business/protected by ROBERT/PLOUFFE.

the article is 2 years old,an eternity in the context of OC IN MTL but very interesting none the less.

Re: Leonardo Rizzuto (Montreal) has been shot at - 03/30/23 03:01 PM

Originally Posted by Blackmobs
500k on Del Baso’s head

At first they were saying a bounty of 500k.
Now look like the bounty is more like 250k.

https://www.journaldemontreal.com/2...ete-dun-mafieux-mise-a-prix-pour-250-000

Re: Leonardo Rizzuto (Montreal) has been shot at - 03/30/23 03:22 PM

Originally Posted by VitoCahill
so A possible theory developing here is that LEONARDO RIZZUTO made the attempt on DEL BALSO in november 2022. the attempt on RIZZUTO a week ago was retaliation. do i have that right?

but DEL BALSO had no backing from HA for hit attempt. even though every french press article from the day DEL BALSO was released has linked him to ROBERT/PLOUFFE?

and the multiple arrests involving DEL BALSO at airport and HA's ROBERT,PLOUFFE AND LAMONTAGNE are 2 different unrelated busts. DEL BALSO'S looks like he is at least wanted for questioning and i can only imagine he still has parole restrictions for traveling outside canada. and italy to hide seems an odd choice. the HA bust stems from large scale drug trafficking which the police in quebec have been chipping away at for a couple years now with various busts connecting back to this group.

never a dull day in montreal.

Yes they believe Francesco Del Balso ordered Leonardo Rizzuto's shooting for retaliation because he believes Leonardo Rizzuto ordered Francesco Del Balso's shooting.

As it stands the bikers aren't involved.

There weren't multiple arrests. Francesco Del Balso was brought in last week for an interview when he was trying to flee the country and has been released since and gone into hiding. Martin Robert was the only Hells Angels arrested yesterday.

Re: Leonardo Rizzuto (Montreal) has been shot at - 03/30/23 03:48 PM

Three hells angels were arrested.
Martin Robert
Stéphane Plouffe
Michel Lamontagne

Also, in the interview of Felix Seguin, he said that the police are trying to see if Robert Martin was implicated in any kind of way on the hit of Rizzuto.

Because the day of the hit against Rizzuto, Robert Martin and Del Baso were on vacation in the South.
So they are looking at it

Re: Leonardo Rizzuto (Montreal) has been shot at - 03/30/23 05:00 PM

Where does it say all 3 Hells Angels were arrested?

Re: Leonardo Rizzuto (Montreal) has been shot at - 03/30/23 06:21 PM

https://www.journaldemontreal.com/2...-rizzuto-et-trois-influents-hells-angels

Organized crime: the police strike a blow at an ex-lieutenant of the Rizzuto clan and three influential Hells Angels

According to information obtained by our Bureau of Investigation, the three bikers in ENRCO's crosshairs for offenses related to drug trafficking are not the last to come. On the contrary.

They are Martin Robert, who is unofficially identified as the number one of the biker gang, Stéphane Plouffe and Michel Lamontagne, all members in good standing of the Montreal chapter of the Hells Angels.

Re: Leonardo Rizzuto (Montreal) has been shot at - 03/30/23 06:58 PM

Yes they're being investigated for drug trafficking but the articles don't say any of them were arrested except for Martin robert. They actually say no arrests are expected unless the searches come up with something.

Re: Leonardo Rizzuto (Montreal) has been shot at - 03/30/23 09:26 PM

Robert is also released him and Del Balso while being watched held a meeting on Wednesday, following the searches carried out by the police in their respective residences. Martin Robert is one of the few Quebec Hells to hold the special status of “World” member.

Re: Leonardo Rizzuto (Montreal) has been shot at - 03/31/23 12:01 AM

Crime organisé : le plus influent Hells du Québec a rencontré Del Balso après les perquisitions
https://www.journaldemontreal.com/2...contre-del-balso-apres-les-perquisitions

Re: Leonardo Rizzuto (Montreal) has been shot at - 03/31/23 08:49 AM

Is Desjardins' son considered a low level player? That's almost hard to believe if he's chosen that life

Re: Leonardo Rizzuto (Montreal) has been shot at - 03/31/23 11:10 AM

Yes they're being investigated for drug trafficking but the articles don't say any of them were arrested except for Martin robert. They actually say no arrests are expected unless the searches come up with something.

True

Re: Leonardo Rizzuto (Montreal) has been shot at - 03/31/23 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by Giacalone
Is Desjardins' son considered a low level player? That's almost hard to believe if he's chosen that life

Mathieu Desjardins in 2016.

[Linked Image]

Re: Leonardo Rizzuto (Montreal) has been shot at - 03/31/23 11:49 PM

In the 2000s, a war broke out again between the Sicilian and Calabrian factions of the Cotroni, seeing the victory of the former in 2004 due to the death of Frank Cotroni . It is believed that after other wars erupted, a truce was signed between Sicilians and Calabrians in 2012 , after the release of Vito Rizzuto , with the blessing of Cosa Nostra and 'Ndrangheta .

Re: Leonardo Rizzuto (Montreal) has been shot at - 04/01/23 01:17 AM

All bullcrap
Posted By: chin_gigante

Re: Leonardo Rizzuto (Montreal) has been shot at - 04/01/23 07:35 AM

In the 2000s, a war broke out again between the Sicilian and Calabrian factions of the Cotroni, seeing the victory of the former in 2004 due to the death of Frank Cotroni . It is believed that after other wars erupted, a truce was signed between Sicilians and Calabrians in 2012 , after the release of Vito Rizzuto , with the blessing of Cosa Nostra and 'Ndrangheta .

There wasn't a war in the early 2000s leading up to to Frank Cotroni's death, so I don't know what you're referencing. There were a few murders, like the Gervasis, but that wasn't a Sicilian vs Calabrian conflict. The war between the Montagna-Desjardins-Di Maulo group didn't really start until 2010, and the violence certainly didn't stop when Rizzuto came home in 2012. There was a series of retaliatory murders all through 2013. Then there was a second conflict stretching from 2016 to 2019 that was the Scoppa brothers and Mirarchi vs the Rizzutos (which some have classed as a 'Sicilians vs Calabrians' conflict). Now it seems like another conflict between Del Balso and the Rizzutos.

Re: Leonardo Rizzuto (Montreal) has been shot at - 04/01/23 11:32 AM

I agree I couldn't find any references and it doesn't make sense, Vito Rizzuto was released from prison on October 5, 2012 and would have committed at least 6 murders continuing the war that began when he was still in prison.
Posted By: enricopc

Re: Leonardo Rizzuto (Montreal) has been shot at - 04/01/23 11:52 AM

As I understood it, Vito went to talk to Ndrangheta in Toronto when he came out and they told him to go forward to clean up and attack whoever He thought was involved.

Re: Leonardo Rizzuto (Montreal) has been shot at - 04/01/23 01:25 PM

I agree I couldn't find any references and it doesn't make sense, Vito Rizzuto was released from prison on October 5, 2012 and would have committed at least 6 murders continuing the war that began when he was still in prison.

If you agree why did you post it?lol

Re: Leonardo Rizzuto (Montreal) has been shot at - 04/01/23 07:29 PM

Originally Posted by Giacalone

Mathieu Desjardins in 2016.

[Linked Image]

Haha he certainly has the look
Posted By: azguy

Re: Leonardo Rizzuto (Montreal) has been shot at - 04/02/23 04:19 AM

Originally Posted by enricopc
As I understood it, Vito went to talk to Ndrangheta in Toronto when he came out and they told him to go forward to clean up and attack whoever He thought was involved.

wasn't that like his first stop, like I heard rumors he went right to Toronto after his release, even before he went home

Re: Leonardo Rizzuto (Montreal) has been shot at - 04/02/23 01:45 PM

Originally Posted by azguy
Originally Posted by enricopc

wasn't that like his first stop, like I heard rumors he went right to Toronto after his release, even before he went home

Yes he is believed to have huddled with supporters in the GTA before he went back to Montreal.

Re: Leonardo Rizzuto (Montreal) has been shot at - 04/05/23 05:10 AM

I just cannot wrap my head around Leonardo Rizzutto other than he is cut from the same cloth of dad .

If his family has 1/100th of the money they say he had.

You live in Canada
Where anybody and everybody can be touched.
Very easily

Just take the money to where ever the FHU_K
Live on a beach.

His brothers death has been avenged

this was near miss a couple inches in any direction he would be with his brother, father and granfather.

The true way to win this game is to get out when you are near or at the top.
This is as close as he is going to get top the top.

And he is not from the old generation where all he and they knew was cosa nostra
His father's family was moreso run like a drug cartel than a cosa nostra family.

This man is a college educated attorney
He did not come from the Slums of Sicily having to rob to feed his family.

he is not an old school captain that has been in cosa nostra for 30, 40 years and knows nothing else.

Re: Leonardo Rizzuto (Montreal) has been shot at - 04/05/23 09:11 AM

You can say that it's run like a drug cartel all you want, but the bottom line is that it's very much a Cosa Nostra family.

Re: Leonardo Rizzuto (Montreal) has been shot at - 04/05/23 03:22 PM

Francesco Del Balso is not mentioned in the first article to which I've linked below.

Police execute more search warrants in probe targeting Hells Angels
https://montrealgazette.com/news/lo...warrants-in-probe-targeting-hells-angels

Perquisitions visant des Hells Angels influents
La police poursuit son supplice de la goutte d’eau
https://www.lapresse.ca/actualites/...suit-son-supplice-de-la-goutte-d-eau.php

Re: Leonardo Rizzuto (Montreal) has been shot at - 04/05/23 03:39 PM

You can say that it's run like a drug cartel all you want, but the bottom line is that it's very much a Cosa Nostra family.

How can you say that?
As I sad they had no boss among themselves or other positions.

So it’s an LCN family without the hierarchy?
Were they making new members?

They were whacking up the money evenly 1/6th each.

1. No official boss
2. No admin
3. All treated as equal
4. Didn’t follow any other American LCN traditions.
5. Broke away from their traditional American LCN family
6. I have not heard them making any one guy

What about the above is LCN?

Re: Leonardo Rizzuto (Montreal) has been shot at - 04/05/23 04:20 PM

It's still called a Mafia family, they're referred to as the Montreal Mafia or the Rizzuto Clan, not the Rizzuto cartel. Far as I'm concerned, they're Mafia. Now, I've read that they operate more like a Mafia clan from Sicily than an LCN or American Mafia family, that argument makes more sense. And I'm not saying that they don't operate somewhat like a drug cartel, but still, they're still part of the Mafia as far as I'm concerned.

Re: Leonardo Rizzuto (Montreal) has been shot at - 04/05/23 06:36 PM

You can call them whatever you want but that doesn't make it so. We don't know what Montreal is right now there's been no recognition as LCN or Ndrangheta from other Families. For all we know they're just italian criminals who are the kids of former Bonanno and Ndrangheta members.

Re: Leonardo Rizzuto (Montreal) has been shot at - 04/05/23 10:43 PM

Are we seriously going to sit here and argue that the Italian criminal element in Montreal isn't an official Mafia family? Like really? No more Mafia in Montreal? How can you guys say that with a straight face?

Re: Leonardo Rizzuto (Montreal) has been shot at - 04/05/23 11:23 PM

Are you or anyone seriously going to sit here and pretend to know Montreal is officially their own Mafia Family recognized by other Mafia Families? Like really?lol

Re: Leonardo Rizzuto (Montreal) has been shot at - 04/07/23 07:03 PM

as stated on other thread they are indeed a mafia family. i would like to see the other families go up and tell said members in montreal that they arent legit. the very fact that outside groups have not really been a part of these internal wars as good proof other families do indeed recognize the authority and territory of those in charge of montreal.
and to the point of the rizzutos being a drug cartel they would have been part of a cartel like setup along with other groups in and out of the city. this setup indeed did exist in 1999 up to about 2004.

the rizzuto crime family at this time being a united fully functioning family with its own administration and different cells/crews operating across quebec and ontario. in this case we had...

1.cocaine supplier from colombia ( in this period one of these were the munoz munera twins.)
&
2.the rizzuto crime family (with members dealing direct to import cocaine.)
-working with hells angels nomad chapter to fix street price of kg of cocaine.
&
3.hells angels (mostly the nomads chapter led by mom boucher and walter stadnick.)
-nomads importing both cocaine and hashish at massive levels.
-using rockers puppet club for street level sales.
&
4.west end gang-matticks faction (in charge of getting drugs off ships and out of port of mtl.)

-in this scenario we have 4 groups working in concert to control top to bottom drug sales on the streets of montreal and to some extent across parts of canada. in this regard for this point in time i would call the rizzutos part of a cartel with these groups.

the 2015 arrests in project magot/mastiff revealed somewhat the same setup although without the identity of the overall cocaine supplier. however it still showed the rizzuto/sollecito faction now working to control drug sales across city with help from hells angels montreal chapter and woolley aligned street gangs.

Re: Leonardo Rizzuto (Montreal) has been shot at - 04/07/23 11:57 PM

The three Montreal organizations (West End Gang, Montreal Mafia, Hells Angels) make up the "Consortium" . The Haitians and streetgangs run the street level stuff and do a lot of the contract hits.

Re: Leonardo Rizzuto (Montreal) has been shot at - 04/08/23 12:27 AM

Posted By: azguy

Re: Leonardo Rizzuto (Montreal) has been shot at - 04/08/23 05:04 AM

Originally Posted by BensonHURST
I just cannot wrap my head around Leonardo Rizzutto other than he is cut from the same cloth of dad .

he is not an old school captain that has been in cosa nostra for 30, 40 years and knows nothing else.

And isn't he an educated lawyer too? He could just defend mob guys and be wealthy

Re: Leonardo Rizzuto (Montreal) has been shot at - 04/08/23 06:22 AM

And isn't he an educated lawyer too? He could just defend mob guys and be wealthy

That too
How about moving away with your wife kids and just enjoying life on an island
With your GABILLION dollars you have from your father and grandfather.

Or if he isn’t married just banging hot girls 2-3 at a time while jet setting around the world.

What’s it all for? your grandfather, father, brother uncle all lost their lives to this thing, get out just have fun.
Posted By: TheKillingJoke

Re: Leonardo Rizzuto (Montreal) has been shot at - 04/08/23 06:45 AM

The three Montreal organizations (West End Gang, Montreal Mafia, Hells Angels) make up the "Consortium" . The Haitians and streetgangs run the street level stuff and do a lot of the contract hits.

Is the West End Gang even active anymore? That group seems like they've been dead as a doornail for a long long time.

From my point of view - from the outside looking in - it seems like the entire Montreal underworld is ran by the Italians, the French bikers and the Haitian street gangs. The bikers seem to have a lot of pull at the port nowadays.

Re: Leonardo Rizzuto (Montreal) has been shot at - 04/08/23 12:41 PM

Murders, betrayals, reprisals: we summarize the history of the Montreal mafia

Attempted murder, reprisals, treason, a bounty on the head, flight: spectacular events involving influential members of the Montreal mafia have multiplied in recent weeks, raising fears of a new power war in the metropolis. A look back at the turbulent history of the Italian underworld in Montreal.

https://www.24heures.ca/2023/04/04/...esume-lhistoire-de-la-mafia-montrealaise

Re: Leonardo Rizzuto (Montreal) has been shot at - 04/08/23 03:17 PM

i'm sure there still exists import groups of french/irish extraction who the media will claim are west end gang still operating. the west end gang name has always been a catch all term used to describe OC groups not affiliated with hells angels or mafia. the matticks faction/cell does indeed seem inactive for the last little while.

Re: Leonardo Rizzuto (Montreal) has been shot at - 04/08/23 08:32 PM

i'm sure there still exists import groups of french/irish extraction who the media will claim are west end gang still operating. the west end gang name has always been a catch all term used to describe OC groups not affiliated with hells angels or mafia. the matticks faction/cell does indeed seem inactive for the last little while.

Raymond Desfossés was released in 2018.

Re: Leonardo Rizzuto (Montreal) has been shot at - 04/08/23 08:44 PM

I don't know if he is still a member of the Quebec bar, his sister Bettina Rizzuto is also a lawyer. They worked for Loris Cavaliere the longtime lawyer for the family. In his office they held meetings.

Re: Leonardo Rizzuto (Montreal) has been shot at - 04/09/23 03:05 PM

We got to wait and see what happen in the future.

I remember people were saying the same thing when Vito Rizzuto got out from ADX and coming to Canada.
They were saying he was done, and his family was over.
And now in 2023, we are still talking about the Rizzuto’s.

So we must wait and see. Maybe they will come out on top again, or maybe it will be there last war.

I know this is an older post that I am responding to however, Vito was in ADX Supermax wow the toughest prison in America, he only got 10 years for 3 murders, that has to be one of the best plea deals ever.

I know guys that ratted for a few bodies and got 10 year sentences or close to it.

Re: Leonardo Rizzuto (Montreal) has been shot at - 04/09/23 03:47 PM

was only convicted of being part of conspiracy to committ murders. and i think he served time at lower security facility near adx florence. but i could be wrong. because yes 3 murders=10 years is a joke of a sentence even in canada let alone the mighty u.s. justice system.

Re: Leonardo Rizzuto (Montreal) has been shot at - 04/10/23 01:37 AM

They must have had a terribly weak case.
The only logical answer.

When he plead to the judge he had to admit he was the shooter.
He said something like “ I was hiding in the closet I jumped out and said this is a stick up and I started shooting”

As I said read the book so long ago.

Anyhow not on this case however, in general guys that flipped ended up doing 6,7,8,10 years and they sold their sole for that.
I’m sure majority would have taken 10 with a guilty plea rather than 6 and flipping.

Just to put it in perspective Peter Pan got a dime piece for biting a car, and Nicedemo got 25-50 for being the get away driver with one body.

Re: Leonardo Rizzuto (Montreal) has been shot at - 04/25/23 12:35 PM

La police recherche un véhicule suspect
https://www.lapresse.ca/actualites/...police-recherche-un-vehicule-suspect.php

Re: Leonardo Rizzuto (Montreal) has been shot at - 04/25/23 02:11 PM

^^^^
Porsches were used in attempt on Leonardo Rizzuto's life, SQ believes
https://montrealgazette.com/news/lo...pt-on-leonardo-rizzutos-life-sq-believes

Re: Leonardo Rizzuto (Montreal) has been shot at - 04/25/23 02:21 PM

well we can rule out the HA maybe. standard MO is a burned out caravan. la di da in montreal doing hits in a porsche must be nice.

Re: Leonardo Rizzuto (Montreal) has been shot at - 04/25/23 03:45 PM

The headline of the THREAD is wrong he wasn’t only shot at, he was SHOT.

Re: Leonardo Rizzuto (Montreal) has been shot at - 04/28/23 11:04 AM

Article stating that a 32 year old man from Mascouche has been arrested late last night. Still looking for the other Porsche involved. Stay tuned…

https://www.journaldemontreal.com/2...isant-leonardo-rizzuto-un-homme-arrete-1

Re: Leonardo Rizzuto (Montreal) has been shot at - 04/28/23 01:22 PM

As it turns out, the man arrested is Kevin Rochebrun, a man tied to street gangs (no indication of which affiliation). He has not been charged so far, only arrested. All we know so far is that he was also charged with one of the many murder attempts on Marco Pizzi, specifically in 2016.

https://www.lapresse.ca/actualites/...do-rizzuto/un-premier-suspect-arrete.php

Fact: If history teaches us anything, Rochebrun cannot finish the job as intended, as moving vehicles seem to be his preference, but that also ups the degree of difficulty.

Re: Leonardo Rizzuto (Montreal) has been shot at - 04/28/23 02:49 PM

Arrest made in attempted hit on alleged Montreal Mafia leader Leonardo Rizzuto

https://montrealgazette.com/news/lo...d-montreal-mafia-leader-leonardo-rizzuto

Re: Leonardo Rizzuto (Montreal) has been shot at - 04/28/23 03:01 PM

If he really did it then based on his profile he seems quite disposable. So it’s best for him to flip. No way those who wanted to get rid of Rizzuto would take the chance to let this guy consider flipping later on while imprisoned awaiting trial. They’d take him out as soon as they can. I’m surprised they didn’t off him already after messing up the hit.

Re: Leonardo Rizzuto (Montreal) has been shot at - 04/28/23 03:51 PM

well then now the plot thickens.
rocheburn indeed is guy who made attempt on marco pizzi in 2016. wonder how he was still un imprisoned after that debacle?

oh right its canada.

he would have some interesting tales to tell that is for sure.

Re: Leonardo Rizzuto (Montreal) has been shot at - 04/28/23 04:07 PM

https://www.pressreader.com/canada/montreal-gazette/20180821/281505047068777

little more info from pizzi attempt here. was never charged with the attempt itself it seems, was serving a 3 year sentence for firearms offences.

Re: Leonardo Rizzuto (Montreal) has been shot at - 04/28/23 07:21 PM

Montreal Mafia: arrest of a suspect who has a grudge against the Rizzuto clan

https://www.journaldemontreal.com/2...isant-leonardo-rizzuto-un-homme-arrete-1

Re: Leonardo Rizzuto (Montreal) has been shot at - 04/28/23 07:31 PM

Massimo Campellone was the object of the same threat made to his younger brother.

https://montrealgazette.com/news/lo...ecause-his-brother-was-recently-murdered

Re: Leonardo Rizzuto (Montreal) has been shot at - 04/28/23 08:21 PM

Man arrested in failed hit on Leonardo Rizzuto released without charges
https://montrealgazette.com/news/lo...d-montreal-mafia-leader-leonardo-rizzuto

Re: Leonardo Rizzuto (Montreal) has been shot at - 04/28/23 09:26 PM

Massimo Campellone was the object of the same threat made to his younger brother.

It was Salvatore Scoppa who allegedly wanted Marco Campellone dead to which Stefano Sollecito gave permission for because Marco Campellone allegedly tried to kill Salvatore Scoppa the previous year.

Re: Leonardo Rizzuto (Montreal) has been shot at - 04/28/23 10:41 PM

It was Salvatore Scoppa who allegedly wanted Marco Campellone dead to which Stefano Sollecito gave permission for because Marco Campellone allegedly tried to kill Salvatore Scoppa the previous year.

Wow the Campellones are interesting family I believe they are from Molise like Del Balso..

Re: Leonardo Rizzuto (Montreal) has been shot at - 04/28/23 10:57 PM

He was in his twenties for god’s sake and he wanted to drop guys like a boss
Way over his head

Re: Leonardo Rizzuto (Montreal) has been shot at - 04/29/23 12:41 AM

Wow the Campellones are interesting family I believe they are from Molise like Del Balso..

Where did you hear he was from Molise?

Re: Leonardo Rizzuto (Montreal) has been shot at - 04/29/23 02:04 AM

Where did you hear he was from Molise?

A poster here eurodave said Del Balso is from Molise.

Re: Leonardo Rizzuto (Montreal) has been shot at - 04/29/23 02:24 AM

There are a bunch of Montreal guys from the Molise region but I'm pretty sure Francesco Del Balso is Calabrian. Does anyone else know?

Re: Leonardo Rizzuto (Montreal) has been shot at - 04/29/23 02:24 AM

He was in his twenties for god’s sake and he wanted to drop guys like a boss
Way over his head

Marco Campellone was a cool and popular guy he didn't deserve to die at that age.

Re: Leonardo Rizzuto (Montreal) has been shot at - 04/29/23 10:50 AM

There are a bunch of Montreal guys from the Molise region but I'm pretty sure Francesco Del Balso is Calabrian. Does anyone else know?

We were both wrong he's from Puglia like the Sollecitos.

Re: Leonardo Rizzuto (Montreal) has been shot at - 04/29/23 12:20 PM

Agrigento and Province Chronicle
Mafia, Leonardo Rizzuto ambushed in Montreal: suspect arrested and released
April 28, 2023 Editorial board 0 comments Cattolica Eraclea , Leonardo Rizzuto , Mafia , Montreal
Quebec police officers, team to combat organized crime (ENRCO), arrested Thursday night and released in the past few hours a 32-year-old man from Mascouche among suspects in the shooting in which Leonardo Rizzuto, a native of Cattolica Eraclea, was injured, believed to be at the top of the Italian-Canadian mob. On March 15, Rizzuto, son of late Mafia boss Vito Rizzuto, was driving a black Mercedes on Highway 440 in Laval when his vehicle was hit by a barrage of gunfire from assailants in a Porsche. Macan in the early evening.

Re: Leonardo Rizzuto (Montreal) has been shot at - 04/29/23 01:02 PM

Where'd that come from? Could you share the source for it?

Re: Leonardo Rizzuto (Montreal) has been shot at - 04/29/23 02:15 PM

This is what happens when you hire a shitbag off the street to do work, they get arrested sooner rather than later. Whatever happened to the days when the Mafia had plenty of capable killers in their ranks to do these hits, and you didn't have to pay them? They did it out of honor and duty.

Re: Leonardo Rizzuto (Montreal) has been shot at - 04/29/23 02:40 PM

Where'd that come from? Could you share the source for it?

http://www.gangsterbb.net/threads/u...p;Board=8&main=25232&type=thread

Re: Leonardo Rizzuto (Montreal) has been shot at - 04/29/23 02:54 PM

Not sure that's right either because whoever wrote that is wrong on Di Maulo.

Re: Leonardo Rizzuto (Montreal) has been shot at - 04/29/23 03:13 PM

https://www.google.com/amp/s/journa...ard/611882/obseques-de-joe-di-maulo/amp/

Di Maulos are from Molise.
Posted By: Ciment

Re: Leonardo Rizzuto (Montreal) has been shot at - 04/29/23 11:09 PM

https://montrealgazette.com/news/lo...osses-caught-on-video-in-project-colisee
This was a taped conversation. DelBalso, according to this article he is Calabrian. This is a reply to a previous message you posted.

Arcadi and Rizzuto resolved to find out the Italian origins of Rosmar Litho’s owner. They figured if they could find someone whose origins were from the same village in Calabria, Rosmar Litho could at least be approached about dropping the lawsuit. But the threat of violence was kept as a second option.

“At the same time we can do another thing. You or me, we’ll send a few young men. They know how to talk. Nobody knows them . . . to give him the message to see if he understands,” Arcadi told Rizzuto.

Arcadi and Rizzuto assigned Del Balso to find the right person to approach Rosmar Litho’s owner. On April 26, 2006, Del Balso was recorded on wiretaps telling his own father that the assignment was “breaking his balls” and that he was asked to solve the problem because he, Del Balso, was “paesano” from the same Italian town as Rosmar Litho’s owner.

Re: Leonardo Rizzuto (Montreal) has been shot at - 04/29/23 11:53 PM

Originally Posted by Ciment
This was a taped conversation. DelBalso, according to this article he is Calabrian. This is a reply to a previous message you posted.

Arcadi and Rizzuto resolved to find out the Italian origins of Rosmar Litho’s owner. They figured if they could find someone whose origins were from the same village in Calabria, Rosmar Litho could at least be approached about dropping the lawsuit. But the threat of violence was kept as a second option.

“At the same time we can do another thing. You or me, we’ll send a few young men. They know how to talk. Nobody knows them . . . to give him the message to see if he understands,” Arcadi told Rizzuto.

Arcadi and Rizzuto assigned Del Balso to find the right person to approach Rosmar Litho’s owner. On April 26, 2006, Del Balso was recorded on wiretaps telling his own father that the assignment was “breaking his balls” and that he was asked to solve the problem because he, Del Balso, was “paesano” from the same Italian town as Rosmar Litho’s owner.

Hey Ciment how are you doing that has been a long time!

It's very possible their roots are in the same village, but if it's Calabria or Puglia could be a mistake.

Re: Leonardo Rizzuto (Montreal) has been shot at - 04/30/23 01:02 AM

Hi Hollander
It's been over three years. I am doing good thanks for asking. Hope everything is fine with you too.
I had remembered that they mentioned Del Balso was Calabrese in the old article I posted but journalists have made mistakes before; you can never be 100% sure.

Re: Leonardo Rizzuto (Montreal) has been shot at - 04/30/23 01:15 AM

Thanks Ciment this is why I thought Del Balso is Calabrian.

Re: Leonardo Rizzuto (Montreal) has been shot at - 04/30/23 01:30 AM

Hi Hollander
It's been over three years. I am doing good thanks for asking. Hope everything is fine with you too.
I had remembered that they mentioned Del Balso was Calabrese in the old article I posted but journalists have made mistakes before; you can never be 100% sure.

I'm doing alright nice to see you back!

Re: Leonardo Rizzuto (Montreal) has been shot at - 04/30/23 01:43 AM

Even Nicolo Rizzuto wasn't sure from where this businessman was from I believe his last name is Carbone but that name you can find all over Italy lol.

Re: Leonardo Rizzuto (Montreal) has been shot at - 05/01/23 01:57 PM

Mafia montréalaise : un 3e suspect épinglé pour la tentative de meurtre sur Leonardo Rizzuto |
https://www.journaldemontreal.com/2...entative-de-meurtre-sur-leonardo-rizzuto

Re: Leonardo Rizzuto (Montreal) has been shot at - 05/01/23 03:14 PM

^^^^
Un second suspect arrêté
https://www.lapresse.ca/actualites/...rdo-rizutto/un-second-suspect-arrete.php

Re: Leonardo Rizzuto (Montreal) has been shot at - 05/01/23 03:36 PM

Mafia montréalaise : un 3e suspect épinglé pour la tentative de meurtre sur Leonardo Rizzuto |
https://www.journaldemontreal.com/2...entative-de-meurtre-sur-leonardo-rizzuto

Article has been updated. Suspect’s name is Steve Emmanuel Barthélémy.

Re: Leonardo Rizzuto (Montreal) has been shot at - 05/01/23 07:15 PM

So it seems the SQ has an idea of who the shooter and driver are; and that these two were in the same vehicle:

La SQ arrête un deuxième suspect lié à la tentative de meurtre sur Leonardo Rizzuto
https://ici.radio-canada.ca/nouvell...e-meurtre-arrestation-2e-suspect-enquete

Re: Leonardo Rizzuto (Montreal) has been shot at - 05/02/23 03:34 AM

Leonardo Rizzuto attempted murder: third arrest made
https://montreal.citynews.ca/2023/05/01/rizzuto-attempted-murder-third-arrest/

Re: Leonardo Rizzuto (Montreal) has been shot at - 05/03/23 05:22 PM

possible montreal mafia cells (mar 2023)

1.RIZZUTO
LEADER
LEONARDO RIZZUTO

2.SOLLECITO
LEADER
STEFANO SOLLECITO

3.ARCADI/DEL BALSO
LEADER
FRANCESCO ARCADI/ FRANCESCO DEL BALSO

4.PIZZI
LEADER
MARCO PIZZI

5.BARBERIO
LEADER
DAVIDE BARBERIO

6.OLIVERIO/LOPEZ
LEADER
SERAFINO OLIVERIO

7.PIETRANTONIO
LEADER
ANTONIO PIETRANTONIO

8.MIRARCHI
LEADER
VITTORIO MIRARCHI

9.ALBANESE/COLAPELLE
LEADER
FRANCO ALBANESE/CARLO COLAPELLE

10.BASTONE
LEADER
ANTONIO/ROBERTO BASTONE

11.SILVANO
LEADER
PASQUALE/PATRIZIO SILVANO

12.SUCAPANE
LEADER
ALESSANDRO SUCAPANE

-these would be the most prominent names i could pull from the old filing cabinet. i will not attempt at this point to claim who may be allied together after the most recent attempted murder. who is vying for power and a chance at the top seat is unknown at this time. i did not include any reference to a desjardins cell as he is not italian. there would still exist the possibility that the albanese/colapelle cell is in fact working for or still paying a tax to the VIOLI bros out of hamilton. past investigations after 2014 arrest of nicola valvano and colapelle revealed there tobacco import group was paying tax to VIOLIS. this arrangement continued through the olios-median tobacco arrest of domenico agostino et al in 2018. 5-9 years ago i realize but a possibility.

there would also appear to be a somewhat clear divide amongst these cells but again at this point who knows.
historically the first 6 cells listed have worked together and with full patch members of the mtl chapter of hells angels. there has also been past working alliances with gregory woolley allied street gang members but not all street gangs.

cells 8 through 12 have historically never been allied with the RIZZUTO/SOLLECITO,RIZZUTO CRIME FAMILY.
mirarchi obviously because of his past alliance with desjardins and through him joe dimaulo. also because of this mirarchi would have found himself working with the now deceased giuseppe devito. as mentioned previous the albanese/colapelle cell possibly has ties to the VIOLI bros. also colapelles brother giuseppe (murdered 2012) was allied with both mirarchi/desjardins and never worked with the RIZZUTOS. the bastone and silvano cells when busted as part of project clemenza 1/2 in 2014 and 2015 were either reported as being independent or to be working with giuseppe devito. i can recall no media or law enforcement documents alleging they were part of the RIZZUTOS that is for sure. the same can be said for alessandro sucapane and anyonre who possibly lines up with him. sucapane was devitos man on the street after his 2010 capture and imprisonment. there was some reporting that sucapane had fallen in line after the return of VITO RIZZUTO and this is possible considering he wasnt one of the many to be murdered in the ensuing revenge/purge. however sucapane has been fairly inactive and quiet since his release from proj clemenza sentencing.

the major question is where does pietrantonio sit in all this. he was once allied with salvatore montagna and after dec 2011 attempted murder looks to have been active as a cocaine importer for the sinaloa cartel according to testimony at the EL CHAPO trial. he dealt direct with el chapos secretary/#2 alex fuentes villa i believe. that connection is dead after fuentes villa testimony/cooperation but the connect to the cartel may still exist making pietrantonio an important member in montreal. this also may explain his alliance with the 2 newest power players for the HA MARTIN ROBERT AND STEPHAN PLOUFFE. ROBERT it appears is the most influential full patch in quebec if not all of canada and has been linked to several drug networks and large imports of cocaine.

i am NOT stating this is how these cells line up to be clear. there would however exist the possibility that if yet again the mafia in montreal is about to go to war battles lines could be drawn along those lines. there also exists the possibility that there is no sucapane,silvano or bastone cells at all. this list is just a best guess at this point...back to the jays game...happy st pattys day...cheers

VitoCahill , I like your analysis on the different Italian cells existing in Montreal and surrounding areas and I also agree with Mafia 101 that cell 1&2 being together for now but the rest of the remaining cells seem to be plausible. I also understand things are pretty complicated out there in Montreal and you can only theorize based on information given to us by the media assuming that it is correct. In which cell would you add the three Padula brothers or would they run their own ?

Re: Leonardo Rizzuto (Montreal) has been shot at - 05/03/23 07:40 PM

https://www.journaldemontreal.com/2...rouve-larme-a-feu-utilisee-par-le-tireur

Attempted murder of Leonardo Rizzuto: Police find gun used by shooter

The investigation into the attempted murder that Montreal Mafia co-boss Leonardo Rizzuto survived in mid-March continued to make strides on Wednesday afternoon as officers reportedly found the murder weapon abandoned by the shooter in Laval.

• Read also: Montreal Mafia: arrest of a suspect who has a grudge against the Rizzuto clan

• To read also: Montreal Mafia: a 3rd suspect pinned for the attempted murder of Leonardo Rizzuto

Our Bureau of Investigation and the QMI Agency learned that police officers from the Sûreté du Québec (SQ) managed to flush out this gun in the Sainte-Dorothée district, on the edge of Montée Champagne and near the intersection with Wood Avenue.

The suspicious vehicle in which the shooter was seated who fired in the direction of Leonardo Rizzuto, at the end of the afternoon of March 15, had also taken Avenue des Bois after the shooting, according to this that the SQ had reported that day. It was a black Porsche Macan SUV.
The SQ and the National Organized Crime Squad (ENRCO), which are trying to elucidate this resounding attempted murder at the expense of the son of the late godfather Vito Rizzuto, have every reason to believe that it is the murder weapon.

Ballistic expertise should quickly confirm this hypothesis.
And if the police are really lucky, they will also be able to take fingerprints matching the shooter on the firearm in question.

According to our information, the police did not make this discovery following new information obtained in the wake of the arrests of two suspects over the past week.

Instead, it was the melting snow that prompted investigation leaders to return to do further searches along the escape route the suspects had taken after the March 15 shooting.
The police find therefore suggests that the shooter had simply got rid of his handgun by throwing it on the edge of the road through a window of the vehicle.

The police also believe that other accomplices aboard a second Porsche Macan SUV, but red in color, could have been involved in this crime.

End of a lull

Leonardo Rizzuto, 53, was hit by two of the eight gunshots fired at him from the suspicious vehicle that drove up to him, while he was in his black Mercedes SUV and was was driving on highway 440 west.
The lawyer by profession, who police still consider to be one of the two main leaders of the Rizzuto clan, managed to shake off his pursuers and go for help after coming to a standstill in the parking lot of a funeral home downstream.

The police investigation had led to the arrest of a first suspect eight days later.
Mafioso Francesco Del Balso, a former high-ranking member of the Rizzuto clan who now revolves around the Hells Angels, was arrested at Trudeau airport and had his passport confiscated while trying to leave the country to Europe on March 23.

The main police thesis is that Del Balso, considered a specialist in extortion and illegal sports betting, was able to order this attempted murder in response to a shooting from which he had miraculously escaped without a scratch, in almost identical circumstances. , on November 7, 2022, also in Laval.
Then, during the night of last Friday, the police arrested a second suspect, Kevin Rochebrun, at his home in Mascouche.

Rochebrun, 32, associated with Montreal street gangs of red allegiance, is known to police for his participation in an armed attack from which another big name of the Rizzuto clan, Marco Pizzi, escaped unscathed in the summer of 2016 .

He had been sentenced to three years in prison.

Finally, last Monday, the police apprehended a third suspect, Steve Emmanuel Barthélémy, at his home in the Rivière-des-Prairies district. The 34-year-old man, with no criminal record, would have links with Kevin Rochebrun, according to the police.

The three suspects arrested so far have all been released without facing criminal charges, pending further investigation.

This coup at the expense of Leonardo Rizzuto marks the end of a lull of more than three years within traditional Italian organized crime.

After several years of bloody conflict, the Sicilian and Calabrian factions of the Montreal mafia had apparently buried the hatchet since the murders of the Salvatore brothers and Andrew Scoppa, two clan leaders who were shot dead during the year 2019 and that the police have identified them as rivals of the Rizzuto clan.

It was the first time that Leonardo Rizzuto was targeted in an armed attack, he who lost his brother Nick Jr. and his grandfather Nicolo, shot dead in December 2009 and November 2010 respectively, as well as his uncle Paolo Renda, who disappeared in May 2010 following a kidnapping and alleged victim of a homicide.

Re: Leonardo Rizzuto (Montreal) has been shot at - 05/03/23 08:15 PM

thanks for the kuddos ciment, it is indeed a confusing ever evolving situation in MTL.

that list was a theory for sure. i have the rizzuto and sollecito cells separate only because of claims and info stating that the 2 of them serve/served as co bosses, acting bosses, co leaders etc. for just that reason it has always seemed like rizzuto and sollecito were leading both the MTL MAFIA and there faction of it, but also leading criminal cells. there associates and family members appear to operate in different spheres of crime leading me to think they operate separate.

one thing for sure at least as of now is that rizzuto/sollecito are leaders of the most powerful faction of the MTL MAFIA.

on to the padula bros. they were allied with giuseppe devito and paying him a tax to operate up until there 2011 drug bust. after there subsequent sentencing and now release not much has been heard. i would not put them in the rizzuto/sollecito faction side that is for sure. there exists no connection between the 2 sides. so the padulas if they are operating would be doing so completely independent or allied with another group of mafia cells. terrible answer i know, lastly there is no info/proof showing a current alliance/connect to HA or street gangs. if memory serves the padulas were in a turf war over drugs with RED allied street gangs between 2009-2011. old info most likely no longer relevant.

hope some of this helps.

Re: Leonardo Rizzuto (Montreal) has been shot at - 05/03/23 09:38 PM

Your explanation about cell one and two makes sense. In one of the recent articles they mentioned that Stefano's health has deteriorated. This could be problematic for cell two unless someone else can step up to the plate.

Re: Leonardo Rizzuto (Montreal) has been shot at - 05/03/23 10:36 PM

and could also be by design the cell structure. this same MO was used fairly successfully by the IRA from 1970's onward and is also used by other OC groups. if an investigation into one cell reveals no connections to another that helps insulate leadership so the MTL MAFIA doesnt face a large bust like project colisee 2006.

and stefano sollecitos health has been bad since the magot/mastiff trials. i think one reason he was released pending trial was because of health issues related to cancer (2017). i may be mistaken.

Re: Leonardo Rizzuto (Montreal) has been shot at - 05/03/23 10:48 PM

Stefano's health led to him steppin down at least he is less active, but his 3/4 brothers are still around.

Re: Leonardo Rizzuto (Montreal) has been shot at - 05/03/23 10:50 PM

If, and only if Sollecito's health is deteriorating, as I believe it is as well, that may be why they went after Leo. So that both are out of the picture in the next little while. Maybe? Not sure but it looks more and more like either Del Balso, or the Desjardins/Mirarchi crew, as they are traditionally known to hire to do the deed. HA would take care of it on their own, and a signature move is burning the getaway car. Then again, the media is pointing THE finger at Del Balso, who has the protection of HA, more than traditional mafia factions, at this time. To be sure, I believe everyone wants Del Balso gone, incredible how this guy has more lives than Magi, who was marked for years.

Who here has any legit sources that Arcadi is active, and moreso, aligned with Del Balso? That throws a whole new curveball into the fold. Imagine Arcadi is the mastermind behind all of this? In La Source, Andrew Scoppa mentions over and over again about how Arcadi (and Del Balso) turned on Vito once he was put away in the US. Then again, Scoppa was a rat, so who knows how legit that is?

Could it be that Leo is asking the exact same question right now, or does he know and isn't saying? Only time will tell...

Re: Leonardo Rizzuto (Montreal) has been shot at - 05/03/23 11:01 PM

To do a hit in porsches is crazy anyway maybe it was just to make a statement or spur of the moment thing.

Re: Leonardo Rizzuto (Montreal) has been shot at - 05/04/23 12:19 PM

https://www.tvanouvelles.ca/2023/05...nardo-rizzuto?utm_medium=cxense#cxrecs_s

as this investigation continues one thing is for sure...i dont feel we are dealing with the top brass. this attempted hit was a debacle. i'll throw the gun in the snow that will hide it...until the snow melts goofball. how many different rivers are there in the general montreal area? and this crew of dumbskies chucks it into the ditch praying the snow wont melt...too much. i get not wanting to be caught with a firearm in quebec you may get arrested and held for like 4 hours before being released some serious time i know, this is why like bob the builder has told us..."you need to have a plan."

oh but i digress.

Re: Leonardo Rizzuto (Montreal) has been shot at - 05/04/23 12:21 PM

https://www.journaldemontreal.com/2023/05/04/montreal-est-devenu-un-asile-a-ciel-ouvert

a bit of levity...with a sarcastic plea for criminal "order"

Re: Leonardo Rizzuto (Montreal) has been shot at - 05/04/23 03:59 PM

Pourquoi le clan Rizzuto n’a-t-il pas répliqué ?
https://www.tvanouvelles.ca/2023/05/03/pourquoi-le-clan-rizzuto-na-t-il-toujours-pas-replique

Re: Leonardo Rizzuto (Montreal) has been shot at - 05/04/23 04:34 PM

L’arme utilisée pour tenter de tuer Leonardo Rizzuto aurait été retrouvée
https://ici.radio-canada.ca/nouvelle/1976565/rizzuto-meurtre-arme-surete-quebec

From the article:

« C'est signe que l'enquête avance bien. L'information peut provenir d'un témoin qui a vu le véhicule suspect lancer un objet le long de la route. Mais selon moi, c'est probablement davantage quelqu'un qui est impliqué dans la tentative de meurtre qui s'est décidé à parler. Il faut que ce suspect ait été dans l'auto du tireur pour indiquer aux policiers où se déplacer exactement », affirme Marcel Savard, ancien directeur général adjoint à la SQ.

Re: Leonardo Rizzuto (Montreal) has been shot at - 05/04/23 06:03 PM

So it seems the SQ has an idea of who the shooter and driver are; and that these two were in the same vehicle:

La SQ arrête un deuxième suspect lié à la tentative de meurtre sur Leonardo Rizzuto
https://ici.radio-canada.ca/nouvell...e-meurtre-arrestation-2e-suspect-enquete

The Rizzuto clan are probably trying to find out if Del Balso acted alone or did he have the support of some other clan or biker group. Maybe that is why they haven't retaliated yet.

Re: Leonardo Rizzuto (Montreal) has been shot at - 05/05/23 12:40 AM

Del Balso is hardcore he may fled now, but he won't back off, he must defend his family after they went to his house try to kill him.

Re: Leonardo Rizzuto (Montreal) has been shot at - 05/05/23 01:46 PM

the home invasion took place in 2017, no good info who was ultimately responsible.

Re: Leonardo Rizzuto (Montreal) has been shot at - 05/05/23 02:18 PM

another odd connection to look at is del balso and marco pizzis relationship in all this. best info has pizzi and del balso allegedly both being allied with robert/plouffe.

how then does del balso allegedly use kevin rochebrun, the shooter in attempt on marco pizzi against rizzuto.

pizzi has long been considered allied with the rizzuto/sollecito faction of the MTL MAFIA going back to before proj. colisee arrests. most recent info has pizzi along with davide barberio and erasmo crivello allied together. pizzi/barberio are thought to control territory in rivieres des prairies and mtl north.

some evidence suggests del balso, pizzi, barberio along with robert/plouffe were allied circa 2022. but this evidence comes from an arrest made of michel lamontagne for a fire arm at a meeting attended by all 5. this meeting cannot be good evidence of an alliance can it. could have been a 1 off meeting about anything.

even in the crazy world of the milieu of mtl seems odd that del balso would use...allegedly...the same hitman used against his now allie marco pizzi.

Re: Leonardo Rizzuto (Montreal) has been shot at - 05/05/23 03:25 PM

There is definitely something going on here. Ever since Andrea Scoppa got killed in Oct.2019 to date, it's been chaotic.There has been attacks on Barberio,, Street gang leaders Mompoint, Wooley's house , HA associates, Pietro D'Adamo associates in Ville Lasalle, Lopez uncle, Del Balso, Rizzuto/Solecito clan, Arcurso business and developers . Looks like someone is making a move for control again. But then again there is never a dull moment in Montreal's organized crime.

Re: Leonardo Rizzuto (Montreal) has been shot at - 05/07/23 12:18 AM

the home invasion took place in 2017, no good info who was ultimately responsible.

True the hit last year was also close to his home, Del Balso was not injured, but the Lexus he was driving was damaged by bullets.

Re: Leonardo Rizzuto (Montreal) has been shot at - 05/08/23 02:05 PM

https://www.lapresse.ca/actualites/...e-visee-par-erreur-un-suspect-arrete.php

(Laval) A man in his thirties was arrested by Laval police in connection with an attempted murder that occurred in January in the Vimont district. The suspect allegedly shot by mistake in the direction of a septuagenarian in a public place in broad daylight. The person targeted was in fact the mafioso Francesco Del Balso, according to our information.

He is suspected of shooting a 77-year-old man on January 29. According to our information, it was in fact the mafioso Francesco Del Balso who was targeted that day. There would have been a mistake about the person, explain our sources. A 77-year-old man had then received a projectile from a firearm.
The injured man was taken to hospital to treat his injuries. He went to the branch of the Société des alcools du Québec (SAQ) on boulevard des Laurentides.
Posted By: m2w

Re: Leonardo Rizzuto (Montreal) has been shot at - 05/08/23 03:37 PM

https://www.lapresse.ca/actualites/...e-visee-par-erreur-un-suspect-arrete.php

(Laval) A man in his thirties was arrested by Laval police in connection with an attempted murder that occurred in January in the Vimont district. The suspect allegedly shot by mistake in the direction of a septuagenarian in a public place in broad daylight. The person targeted was in fact the mafioso Francesco Del Balso, according to our information.

He is suspected of shooting a 77-year-old man on January 29. According to our information, it was in fact the mafioso Francesco Del Balso who was targeted that day. There would have been a mistake about the person, explain our sources. A 77-year-old man had then received a projectile from a firearm.
The injured man was taken to hospital to treat his injuries. He went to the branch of the Société des alcools du Québec (SAQ) on boulevard des Laurentides.

the suspect is from Hamilton

Re: Leonardo Rizzuto (Montreal) has been shot at - 05/08/23 04:53 PM

https://www.globaldomainsnews.com/a...y-targeted-by-mistake-a-suspect-arrested

Attempted murder in Laval | The victim was allegedly targeted by mistake, a suspect arrested

Re: Leonardo Rizzuto (Montreal) has been shot at - 05/08/23 09:05 PM

^^^^
Tentative de meurtre à Laval : un septuagénaire aurait été confondu avec un mafieux notoire
https://www.journaldemontreal.com/2...en-avec-une-tentative-de-meurtre-a-laval

Re: Leonardo Rizzuto (Montreal) has been shot at - 05/08/23 09:56 PM

What I don't understand in this attempted hit, is why would they contract a Hamilton resident to make a hit In Laval ? It doesn't make sense unless the one who sanctioned the hit does not want to be known .

Re: Leonardo Rizzuto (Montreal) has been shot at - 05/08/23 10:12 PM

What I don't understand in this attempted hit, is why would they contract a Hamilton resident to make a hit In Laval ? It doesn't make sense unless the one who sanctioned the hit does not want to be known .

In 2019 it was the other way around. Four people from Montreal with ties to street gangs had been charged with attempted murder after an attack on Rocco Luppino and his son.

Re: Leonardo Rizzuto (Montreal) has been shot at - 05/08/23 10:24 PM

It is possible that Torrez lives or is from Hamilton and operating with no fixed address in Montreal. Not uncommon for a criminal of any stripe to not update address's to police. The similarities to the luppino murder are intriguing though. There was also the Bernard cherfan hit where I believe 2 or 3 residents of Ontario were arrested.

Re: Leonardo Rizzuto (Montreal) has been shot at - 05/08/23 10:31 PM

At the time an investigator said "There does seem to be a preference to outsource their hits from out of province,".
Even in the Nicolo Rizzuto hit it was said people from Ontario were involved.

Re: Leonardo Rizzuto (Montreal) has been shot at - 05/08/23 11:02 PM

There is though inter province sharing of criminal groups if we can call it that and not just hitmen. Back in June and Nov 2022 there were 2 large drug busts where the MTL based groups were driving to Toronto to pick up drugs for resale in the MTL area. The most recent example was of a Toronto based car theft ring using the port of MTL to ship stolen cars. So an out of province hitman should be no surprise I guess in context of these other international networks.

Re: Leonardo Rizzuto (Montreal) has been shot at - 05/09/23 10:53 AM

Correct, especially when dealing with street gangs to carry out hits, it is not uncommon for local groups to turn to/hire out of province (yet well connected) jobbers.

How insane is it that Del Balso was a target… again. As far as I know, these media guys never reported he was a target in January, everyone was rather referencing the Nov 2022 attempt. Now we know there was another one in January 2023. I feel bad for the guy who died, he was 77. Del Balso was mistaken for a 77-year old french Canadian man?? At this point, I feel like I could write a whole book on the (what is it now 5 or 6) attempts on Del Balso that we know of, just the attempts, not even his life— that would be another book!

Re: Leonardo Rizzuto (Montreal) has been shot at - 05/09/23 12:50 PM

It was reported when Francesco Del Balso was arrested back in March by LaPresse. The 77 year old lived and he was mistaken for Francesco Del Balso because they had similar cars.

Re: Leonardo Rizzuto (Montreal) has been shot at - 05/09/23 05:55 PM

so what can we make of all this mayhem?

a theory.

1. leonardo rizzuto vs. francesco del balso

- a conflict between these 2 but NOT involving any outside OC groups or "backers" from mtl area. with this theory neither side would have been helped by the robert/plouffe faction of the mtl chapter of HA. i say this only because both sides have been alleged to be allied with the robert/plouffe faction in the past 2 years. the same can be said that neither side is being backed by other mafia cells. so no sollecito involvement or barberio/pizzi, stating these last 2 names will run us into trouble soon.

possible reasons for conflict
rizzutos
a. del balsos behavior over past few years.
-oct. 18 2018 arrest for threatening TVA reporter felix seguin in which he received a 30 day sentence dec. 6 2018.
-sept. 6 2022 arrest for alleged extortion of clergy at saint-maxime church in chomedey of $5000/week for forgotten jewelry in donating clothes.

del balsos
b. del balsos possible dislike for l. rizzutos leadership or lack there of.
c. business disagreement or large incurred debt by one or the other.

-i wont bring up past info about del balsos alleged extortions in quebec city circa 2017/2018. to this date he has never been arrested or charged with anything. any info from this period seemed to suggest del balso was persona non grata in mtl and looking to develop rackets in quebec city.

note: from the latest reports from la presse, journal de mtl and tva this seems to be the accepted theory among media and police. that there is a personal conflict between these 2. how then does that explain the numerous arsons relating to the barberio/pizzi cell?

....more theories to come.

Re: Leonardo Rizzuto (Montreal) has been shot at - 05/10/23 02:33 PM

theory # 2

2. rizzuto/sollecito faction vs. francesco del balso and pizzi/barberio with HA robert/plouffe

-this above would be the most extreme theory of what could be going on but the one i believe the least, and i will give my reasons. if indeed this was the case someone else aside from l. rizzuto would have been taken out or an attempt would have been made against say s.sollecito, vito salvaggio, liborio cuntrera etc. also the hit on rizzuto if the del balso side had such powerful allies would have succeeded. if as all media and law enforcement intell tells us is true and the HA leadership wants nothing to do with MAFIA conflicts why would they then attach themselves to such a putsch.

-the pizzi/barberio aspect and subsequent arsons and shootings allegedly directed at their businesses and their families homes and businesses in the past month or so is a puzzling one. is it the rizzuto/sollecito faction attacking both del balso and pizzi/barberio? seems unlikely. pizzi has long been and is still referenced as an allie of the rizzuto/sollecito faction. barberio has been recently linked to pizzi and ref'd as a "street boss" for MAFIA with both operating out of R.D.P. and MTL north. the outlier in this whole group is del balso.

brings us then to theory the 3rd.

3. rizzuto/sollecito faction vs. francesco del balso and an allied street gang

-this seems possible and would explain both the hap hazard attempt on rizzuto and the series of arsons etc. against pizzi/barberio. in this theory pizzi/barberio are allied with the rizzuto/sollecito faction. also in this scenario del balso has no backing by the HA. i realize the regularity that both the MAFIA/HA have used various street gangs of differing BLUES/REDS allegiance. almost all those arrested for the most recent attempts, arsons and shootings have been referred to as members of street gangs or had been in the past. there could also exist the possibility that del balso has a yet unknown allie yet to be revealed from mtl or outside province.

outside the box theories 4/5.

4. possible, although highly unlikely that this is street gangs of still unknown alliance going full out against both rizzuto/sollecito and del balso sowing complete confusion and making them fight each other. very outside the realm i realize and if this was the case said street gangs would indeed have at least one very influential "backer".

5. although this fills me with no confidence after reading la source, but i would like to think rizzuto and sollecito remain allied and this is not another sollecito power play. there is no evidence of the 2 falling out or there being animosity/conflict inside the larger rizzuto/sollecito faction.

any thoughts, questions remarks what have you are always appreciated these are only THEORIES, hypotheticals not fact.

Re: Leonardo Rizzuto (Montreal) has been shot at - 05/10/23 06:55 PM

Vito , I like your brainstorming. I understand it's very difficult given the fact that there are so many Montreal clans that are constantly fighting for their own turf. I will comment but I would definitely state that I don't know anymore than you do. I will just play along with theorizing.

Theory one: I don't think DelBalso would be acting alone. If that would be the case he would of been dead by now. I believe someone is helping and are using him as a pond. But you did state many valid points why the Rizzuto clan would want him gone.

Theory two: I also thought of that myself and I had arguments for and against but possible. Martin Robert wife is the daughter of Sharon ,Sergio Piccirilli's girlfriend and close associate. Piccirilli was the one who backed the D'Amico family and police tape recordings had him plotting Rizzuto demise. Sergio's other HA connection and close friend is Cazzetta. It's Barberio that throws me off. He used to work for for Devito and switched sides. But who knows maybe he decided to switch again by aligning himself with the bikers. Pizzi is another that does not fit in all of this. But in this business there are a lot of betrayals.

Theory Three: Is also possible. the red street gangs were used by Scoppa to cause havoc. Furthermore given recent Red losses, they stated that Vick Paul is related to Joseph DuCharme. Even more reason to rival against Leonardo. For this theory to be possible he would need the backing of another clan rival to the Rizzuto's

Theory four : Agree seems highly unlikely.

Theory Five: I don't think it is , given Stefano Solecito health but it's possible that other Sicilians , from the Rizzuto's home town , maybe eyeing for Leonardo's position. That was thrown out there by some reporter.

I am surprised you didn't theorize Mirarchi yet , and I underscore yet, along with other clans that were allied at one point to over throw the Rizzuto's.

Good job on the brainstorming !

Re: Leonardo Rizzuto (Montreal) has been shot at - 05/11/23 04:06 PM

Even though you believe this the least I think the second theory is what's happening. Marco Pizzi and Davide Barberio could have their own reasons for challenging Leonardo Rizzuto and Stefano Sollecito. And Why else would their businesses be targeted right after Leonardo Rizzuto was shot that would be a big coincidence if it turned out to be something separate.

Re: Leonardo Rizzuto (Montreal) has been shot at - 05/11/23 04:29 PM

Even though you don't think it's likely I think the second theory is what's happening. Marco Pizzi and Davide Barberio could have their own reasons for challenging Leonardo Rizzuto and Stefano Sollecito. And Why else would their businesses be targeted right after Leonardo Rizzuto was shot that would be a big coincidence if it turned out to be something separate.

Also, who was responsible for the attempted hit on Barberio when he was shot a while back? Was he siding with Del Balso?

Re: Leonardo Rizzuto (Montreal) has been shot at - 05/11/23 06:25 PM

the 2 suspects arrested were both gang affiliated black men.

gahens lee souverian and mclee charles were both arrested dec. 1 2022 for attempted murder.

the same 2 well adjusted young men have also been charged with weapons offences related to surveillance/stalking HA carlos fernandez. no shots were fired in this.

i do not know which chapter fernandez is currently with or what gang the 2 above have allegiance to.

Re: Leonardo Rizzuto (Montreal) has been shot at - 05/11/23 06:29 PM

It hasn't came out who ordered the shooting but the shooter was Gahens Lee Souverain. Gahens Lee Souverain was also charged with the attempted murder of former Ontario Hells Angels nomad Carlos Fernandes. Member of a blues affiliated gang.

Re: Leonardo Rizzuto (Montreal) has been shot at - 05/11/23 06:48 PM

the part about theory 2 that puzzles me then is the alleged use of kevin rochebrun in the attempt on rizzuto. the same guy who tried to hit marco pizzi in 2016.

i realize allies change over time but even for mtl thats messed up. there would also be the possibility that pizzi was not directly involved in said hit and had no knowledge of any part of it. also very possible that hit team wasn't long for this earth if they were to succeed.

what has been reported by media and police is that indeed del balso, barberio/pizzi as well as robert/plouffe had become more closely aligned in past 2 years or so. if we look at those targeted by police in most recent drug raids the names rizzuto,sollecito, cuntrera,spagnolo,focarazzo,salvaggio etc. are nowhere to be seen. so that faction does not appear to be as in step with the robert/plouffe del balso alliance if we can call it that. the one name that did stand out was rheal dallaire. he has a long history of association with OC in mtl. he has been linked to both rizzuto and sollecito in the past for some land deals/transactions.

if it is once again the rizzuto/sollecito faction under attack and behind all those arsons and what not they are holding there own.
Posted By: CabriniGreen

Re: Leonardo Rizzuto (Montreal) has been shot at - 05/13/23 07:22 AM

Questions

1. Where are D'damo and Forazzacco in all this? Do they count?

2. Would the Hells openly involve themselves in an internal Italian conflict? I could see them doing it over either territory, or control over an economic interest like drug territory or gambling houses, but would they support a conflict over organizational control? And indeed, which or what organization would it be?

3. Whooleys loss in stature pretty much kills any major street gang move it seems, unless there is a newly emergent central figure, or alliance of some sorts. But everything I've read and heard suggest they are goofy kids with social media beefs...

4. What exactly is Charlie Rendas status? With Leo's rep as a leader not being the greatest, and Sollecito sick, is this Renda kid a shot caller now? Is he playing a role, similar to Sauce and Vito, where he's pushing for murders? Thats a left field one for you....

5. We can't ever forget the Ghost, Miriarchi. I don't know what the fuck his motivations are.

6. Who got the Arcuris Gelato business? I've been meaning to ask this....

Vito, Ciment.... good discussion and theorizing

Re: Leonardo Rizzuto (Montreal) has been shot at - 05/13/23 04:20 PM

very good questions cabrini. i will take a stab at answering.

1. pietro d'adamo has been described as a mafia leader in lasalle or a member of west end gang or the link for the mafia to what remains of the west end gang or hes just a member of a mafia cell. there is no good evidence on d'adamo. there have been somewhat recent drug busts in lasalle and surrounding areas and none of them even mention his name...which seems odd.IF d'adamo was a territory or cell leader for either group you would think even a vague reference would have come out. i have consistently placed him working under arcadi, however arcadis status and position is even harder to define lately then d'adamos? as d'adamo has a history of cocaine imports dating back to proj colisee 2006 the possibility exists that he may be "the door" as they call it in mtl bringing in drugs and simply taxing those doing the street/wholesale sales. alas if you are taxing and collecting from criminals you would need even a small crew to collect and as of now not a single name has come to light being placed working under d'adamo. for those reasons i think he is a member of someone elses cell not a leader of his own.

the same cannot be said for focarazzo. 2 names have come to light recently related to drug trafficking and money laundering in laval area. martin daze was named as a man with links to focarazzo and HA although no chapter was given specifically. the second name is frederic lavie who also it is alleged has links to robert/plouffe and it is alleged the HA south chapter. lavie has been described as a drug dealer. back to focarazzo he has been described as a link to HA specifically robert/plouffe and the rizzuto/sollecito faction of the MTL MAFIA. focarazzo maintains an hq located mere blocks from the bellerose cafe alleged hq of rizzuto/sollecito faction. it would be odd if these to groups were not allied considering the closeness to each other. also there is no evidence showing that focarazzo is allied or ever has been with any other mafia cell/group but the rizzuto/sollecito.

2.it has been reported by la presse through daniel renaud that the current leaders of HA have no interest in past feuds and are only interested in making money. so at this point to involve themselves in an italian on italian feud appears odd.

3. i will not give much type to the unorganized street gangs attempting to operate in mtl. there is no central controlling leader anymore that is for sure. there is no more woolley or arsene mompoint to try to gain an alliance/consensus amongst the many gangs. woolley has lost influence that is for sure or else people wouldnt be shooting at his house. i find it difficult to divide and categorize who is who especially when reports give vague references to past way out of date membership in mostly defunct sets...crack down posse being the most popular name thrown around. many times arrested members are ref'd back to being once allied with ducarme joseph. how ridiculous!! the man was murdered in 2014. any connection to joseph by anyone is irrelevant at this point 9 years after his murder. well i have just done what i said wouldnt...on to #4.

4. i can only categorize renda as an associate working directly for l. rizzuto. i say this simply because he has never been arrested for anything. it would be hard at this point to bestow a leader type title on him with such a lack of a record. there was a mention in one of the scoppa/massari murder trials that renda was delivering large cash payments to hitmen operating for the rizzuto/sollecito faction, however he has yet to be charged. the 2 are family and in an extended family that has been through alot of death and mayhem in the past 15+ yrs. i can think of no other leader that renda would have loyalty to than leonardo.

5. mirarchi could be simply sitting back and doing nothing letting all of this play out and see what comes of it. there has been very little info on him or his associates since his release dec 2017. mirarchi is alleged to be involved in sports gambling and cocaine imports. it does not appear that he continues any kind of alliance with raynald desjardins. most intell have mirarchi as coming to a truce with leaders of MAFIA shortly after his release and the very fact that he is still alive and has not faced even an attempt on his life would bear this out.

6. all i can speak to about arcuri family is that they no longer hold any sway in mtl if they ever did. they did allie with montagna in 2010/2011 and that didnt go well. the same can be said for family of moreno gallo. the gallo family has had businesses bought out by mafia members. lastly i cannot find whom is now in control of said business.

-hope some of this helps.

Re: Leonardo Rizzuto (Montreal) has been shot at - 05/14/23 02:30 AM

Vito , good job on your analysis .

For Item two ,I find it ironic with regards to HA not wanting to get involved in the Italian feud but yet they do business with either rival. Furthermore, in the 1990's when HA were feuding with the Rock Machine, the Italians were also doing business with both biker rivals. But at one point HA told the Italians to stop doing business with the Rock Machine and they agreed. Goes to show you that the Italian MTL mafia, with no supreme leader at it's head, have reduced power. Another thing I find strange is the HA seem to accommodate Mafia disenfranchised individuals such as DelBalso, would that not constitute involvement on their part.

Re: Leonardo Rizzuto (Montreal) has been shot at - 05/14/23 01:01 PM

thanks ciment...again.

yes the denial of involvement by HA, or at least the claim being pushed by media and police is strange. then again what else would the HA do? come right out and state who they support and why. it was also reported in 2021 that even raynald desjardins son, mathieu is involved in business with the robert/plouffe HA faction. i believe it is through a legal loan company. now if that isnt a mind boggler i dont know what is. it does speak to the HA and i can only assume some mafia cells/factions of just wanting to get on with business not feuds.

and the lack of an overall leader of the MTL MAFIA is clearly being being felt. the lack of a working alliance amongst HA/MAFIA/ (insert other group here) is also being felt. it is possible that somekind of alliance currently exists...example...robert/plouffe-del balso-pizzi/barberio as i theorized previous. as far as who is on the other side perhaps a chance to come up with another theory?

Re: Leonardo Rizzuto (Montreal) has been shot at - 05/14/23 02:14 PM

Yes you have Del Balso, Desjardins and Piccirilli, whom from past events, are not too friendly with the Rizzuto clan.

Re: Leonardo Rizzuto (Montreal) has been shot at - 05/14/23 03:33 PM

Thanks Cabrini nice to hear from you again.

Re: Leonardo Rizzuto (Montreal) has been shot at - 05/14/23 05:33 PM

https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=10223831309517812&set=pcb.1292126548043977
https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=10223831311877871&set=pcb.1292126548043977
https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=10223831314597939&set=pcb.1292126548043977

Canadian Mafia Archives :Fabien Rossat Passenger ship list and pictures of Vito Rizzuto and Calogero Renda

List of passengers from the SS Edan from Boulogne-sur-Mer (north of France) on December 1, 1924 to New Orleans on January 18, 1925. Among these passengers are:
-Vito Rizzuto (Nicolo's Father) of Cattolica Eraclea
-Calogero Renda (Paolo's Father) of Cattolica Eraclea
-Mercurio Campisi of Siculiana
-Francesco Giula of Siculiana
-Giuseppe Sciortino of Siculiana
-Vincenzo Marino of Siculiana
Giulia was supposed to go to an uncle in Los Angeles named Sam Pira. As for Sciortino & Marino they had to go to a man named Giovanni Marino (respectively Uncle & Cousin)also in L.A.
Calogero Renda has become a member of the Decina of Montreal for the Bonanno Crime Family & Vito Rizzuto was killed on August 12, 1933 in NY
Note: Marino is married with a lady name Giuseppina Caruana ....

Re: Leonardo Rizzuto (Montreal) has been shot at - 05/14/23 07:53 PM

Francis Ford Coppola could've done a 3 part movie on the Rizzuto Clan and it would've been just as successful as The Godfather.

Re: Leonardo Rizzuto (Montreal) has been shot at - 05/14/23 09:22 PM

I agree and more.

Re: Leonardo Rizzuto (Montreal) has been shot at - 05/14/23 09:33 PM

Hells Angels in Quebec are well organized group I remember years ago there was a big meeting and someone recorded it. They have connections all around the world.

Re: Leonardo Rizzuto (Montreal) has been shot at - 05/15/23 10:44 PM

https://www.lapresse.ca/actualites/...e-la-garde-au-sein-du-crime-organise.php

Changing of the guard within organized crime

Hi Vito Cahill , FYI.........this article published July, 11, 2021 kind of mentions some of the things we posted about.

Re: Leonardo Rizzuto (Montreal) has been shot at - 05/15/23 11:49 PM

yeah good catch on the article. i had posted the same one as well as a few others from both la presse from 2019 and the journal de mtl from 2021. i had posted to another thread having to do with whether or not we can consider the MAFIA in mtl a traditional family or not or a formal one.

its a very good article as usual from daniel renaud.

Re: Leonardo Rizzuto (Montreal) has been shot at - 05/16/23 11:29 PM

The victim is the spouse of one of Moreno Gallo's sons

The woman shot dead while driving, in the middle of rush hour on Tuesday afternoon, in the Côte-des-Neiges sector, is the spouse of one of the sons of the late Calabrian mafioso Moreno Gallo, La Presse learned.

The victim, Claudia Iacono, was driving her car when she was shot before hitting a building on Jean-Talon Street, near Savane Street, at about 4:30 p.m.

Called to the scene, the police then found that the woman had been hit by at least one firearm projectile.

According to our information, the victim was the spouse of Anthony Gallo, son of Moreno Gallo.

It seems, according to our information, that the victim was followed by the killer or killers. Witnesses reportedly saw a suspect flee on foot.

Major Crimes investigators from the City of Montreal Police Service will have to determine whether the victim was the one targeted.

If this is the case, it is very rare for the wife of an individual related to organized crime to be the victim of murder.

https://www.lapresse.ca/actualites/...nte-de-l-un-des-fils-de-moreno-gallo.php

Re: Leonardo Rizzuto (Montreal) has been shot at - 05/17/23 12:41 AM

The victim is the spouse of one of Moreno Gallo's sons

The woman shot dead while driving, in the middle of rush hour on Tuesday afternoon, in the Côte-des-Neiges sector, is the spouse of one of the sons of the late Calabrian mafioso Moreno Gallo, La Presse learned.

The victim, Claudia Iacono, was driving her car when she was shot before hitting a building on Jean-Talon Street, near Savane Street, at about 4:30 p.m.

Called to the scene, the police then found that the woman had been hit by at least one firearm projectile.

According to our information, the victim was the spouse of Anthony Gallo, son of Moreno Gallo.

It seems, according to our information, that the victim was followed by the killer or killers. Witnesses reportedly saw a suspect flee on foot.

Major Crimes investigators from the City of Montreal Police Service will have to determine whether the victim was the one targeted.

If this is the case, it is very rare for the wife of an individual related to organized crime to be the victim of murder.

https://www.lapresse.ca/actualites/...nte-de-l-un-des-fils-de-moreno-gallo.php

Horrible when you hire street gangs innocent people are getting killed. They probably thought Anthony was driving maybe he was sitting next to her.

Re: Leonardo Rizzuto (Montreal) has been shot at - 05/17/23 01:13 AM

https://montrealgazette.com/news/lo...-widow-of-a-montreal-mafia-figure-report

In 2019 the mother in law of Claudia Iacono was kidnapped.

Re: Leonardo Rizzuto (Montreal) has been shot at - 05/17/23 02:39 AM

This is insane. There is no bottoming out up there. A new low.

Re: Leonardo Rizzuto (Montreal) has been shot at - 05/17/23 09:12 AM

Sadly this is not a new low. Innocent people have been killed in this war. Just because she’s a good looking young mom doesn’t make her death more horrific.

And we don’t know if she was truly innocent.

Lots of female criminals within Italian clans.

Originally Posted by EyeLikeTheStonk on Montreal’s Reddit page

Hair salons are perfect for money laundering; The salon sells a service and not a physical product, nobody ever asks for a receipt, there are no mandatory sales recording machine (SRM), haircuts can be very expensive when special services such as color or others are provided and the government is not going to sit on a chair counting the number of customers the hair salon processes in a week.
Let's say you have drug money to launder, a hair salon is perfect because it sells a service.
Contrary to a bar that must purchase an equal quantity of alcohol and beer to match its sales, a hair salon sells a service. There is no way to demonstrate how many customers a hair stylist can process in a day, as a good hair stylist may be able to manage a $50 haircut in 15 to 20 minutes.
so you hire 5 real hair stylists and 5 "ghost" stylists, the "ghost" stylists only pretend to work for you, take a paycheck, pay their taxes, while they stay at home.
the first 5 serve real customers and the 5 "ghosts" serve "imaginary" customers.
Having 5 "ghost" making imaginary haircuts @ $50 every 20 minutes gives the salon $150 per stylist per hour, a total of $750 per hour, $6,000 of drug money laundered per day and $2.1 million per year.
So, the owner enters in the cash register those fake haircuts, put the drug money in the register which was just magically laundered. The owner can then deposit that laundered money in the business's bank account.
The owner then has to pay salaries and social charges and its profit taxes and usually ends up with over $1.6 million in "clean cash", plus the real haircuts its real employees did.
Now, hire 10 ghost stylists and launder $4 million a year.
Most ghost stylists are recruited from immigrants who lack the language skills or paperwork to find a job, single mothers who can't work and don't get child support and others such as students who get offered that "deal" of free money.

Re: Leonardo Rizzuto (Montreal) has been shot at - 05/17/23 12:14 PM

https://www.lapresse.ca/actualites/justice-et-faits-divers/2023-05-16/tuee-par-balle-au-volant.php

The victim is the spouse of one of the sons of the late mafioso Moreno Gallo Updated version.

Daniel Renaud has a chronology of what the family had to go through over the years :

A TORMENTED FAMILY
Moreno Gallo is assassinated in Mexico.

Police sources tell La Presse that the sons of Moreno Gallo, Moreno son and Antonio, are victims of extortion.

A Molotov cocktail is thrown at the Motta pizzeria, in Little Italy, which then belongs to the Gallo family.

The spa that belongs to the family is the target of mischief.

Antonio Gallo is notified by the police that there is a contract on his head.

The widow of Moreno Gallo senior is kidnapped and sequestered in Laval, probably to put pressure on her sons, according to our information.

Antonio Gallo's wife is murdered.

Re: Leonardo Rizzuto (Montreal) has been shot at - 05/17/23 12:30 PM

https://www.journaldemontreal.com/2...e-tuee-par-balle-alors-quelle-conduisait

Murder of Claudia Iacono: the daughter-in-law of a mafioso shot dead in her car

Re: Leonardo Rizzuto (Montreal) has been shot at - 05/17/23 04:17 PM

Prominent Hells Angel Gilles Lambert is now the fourth HA caught up relation to the drug investigation that appears to involve fellow HAs Martin Robert, Stéphane Plouffe, and Michel Lamontagne, as well as Francesco Del Balso.

Crime organisé : la police s’invite chez un autre gros nom des Hells Angels
www.journaldemontreal.com/2023/05/1...-chez-un-autre-gros-nom-des-hells-angels

Re: Leonardo Rizzuto (Montreal) has been shot at - 05/17/23 04:23 PM

this latest murder could be the tipping point for all OC groups in mtl. it may finally shock both the police, politicians and public into to taking some kind of concrete action against criminals.

this murder is the eventual by product of hiring out un educated, illiterate street thugs to carry out yer dirty work. and it is not the first time an innocent victim was murdered instead of the actual target. angelo d' onofrio although italian was not a criminal or mafia member. he just happened to look like carmine antonio vanelli and for this he was murdered in 2016 in mtl. even more recent in jan of 2023 a 77 yr old man who drove a similar car as francesco del balso was shot outside a liquor store, he survived. and i will go on, shots fired in june 2022 at neighboring house of greg woolley. the criminals got address wrong. some of the most recent arsons alleged to be against del balso were also at the wrong address. all i'm saying is that there is a precedent for this in mtl, and these are just some of the ones we know of.

i cannot see the victim as being somekind of "godmother", there is no history or precedent for this in mtl or canada for that matter. even the rizzuto women at there height of power never operated at the same level of men. the gallo family proper as far as i can tell carries no weight in mafia circles in mtl. all evidence points to them being successful in business, but being near constantly extorted by a mafia or other crime group. the possibility also exists that someone else was in the car and that they were the intended target, however the investigation is in its infancy and is too early to say.

as i mentioned above this murder could have same effect as the death of the 11 year old daniel desrochers by car bomb detonated by the HA in 1995. and subsequent murders of innocent prison guards in 1997 by HA on order from mom boucher. these murders are what finally shook quebec to take action against the HA. only time will tell if this will be the case following this murder.

Re: Leonardo Rizzuto (Montreal) has been shot at - 05/17/23 05:26 PM

Vito there was precedent of a"Godmother" in the past. Palmina ,Vic Cotroni's sister. She was one not to mess around with and would handle disputes but she was the exception and you are right I never heard of any over the other women get involved.

Re: Leonardo Rizzuto (Montreal) has been shot at - 05/17/23 06:40 PM

Assassination of Claudia Iacono: "She was indeed the person targeted"

https://www.journaldemontreal.com/2...elle-etait-bel-et-bien-la-personne-visee

Re: Leonardo Rizzuto (Montreal) has been shot at - 05/17/23 06:40 PM

The murder of Claudia Iacono created a real earthquake in the mafia world, and even resonates as far as Italy, according to Félix Séguin, host of J.E, who is there precisely for the shooting of a future show.

He also confides that it is unlikely that this murder is a mistake on the person.

"She was followed for long minutes before her assassination, she was indeed the person targeted," he says.

Re: Leonardo Rizzuto (Montreal) has been shot at - 05/17/23 07:12 PM

I agree and whoever ordered that hit must be paranoid. It seems like an act of desperation.

Re: Leonardo Rizzuto (Montreal) has been shot at - 05/17/23 07:33 PM

https://www.lapresse.ca/actualites/...gels-subit-le-supplice-de-la-goutte.php#

Investigators specializing in the fight against organized crime in Quebec raided the residence of Gilles Lambert, a member of the Hells Angels of Montreal, Tuesday evening, in Saint-Hyppolite, in the Laurentians, north of Montreal.

Re: Leonardo Rizzuto (Montreal) has been shot at - 05/17/23 07:46 PM

https://www.instagram.com/claudia_deauville/reels/
Posted By: ralphie_cifaretto

Re: Leonardo Rizzuto (Montreal) has been shot at - 05/17/23 08:08 PM

Lol she looks like somebody who would be involved in shady shit

Re: Leonardo Rizzuto (Montreal) has been shot at - 05/17/23 08:23 PM

Assassination of Claudia Iacono: "She was indeed the person targeted"

https://www.journaldemontreal.com/2...elle-etait-bel-et-bien-la-personne-visee

^^^^
That article is no longer at the above link but will be found on the site of the sister publication -- see https://www.journaldequebec.com/202...lle-etait-bel-et-bien-la-personne-visee.

Re: Leonardo Rizzuto (Montreal) has been shot at - 05/18/23 07:33 PM

It has been slightly over a month and the Rizzuto's haven't retaliated yet ? Anyone care to speculate.

-Is it because they are weakened ?
- Waiting for the opportune time ?
- waiting to see if one or more clans were involved.
- Regrouping
- Is it because more dissidents decided to join HA ?
- or other ?

I could hear Vito Cahill typing away . lol

Re: Leonardo Rizzuto (Montreal) has been shot at - 05/18/23 07:45 PM

What are the chances that Claudia Iacono was part of Rizzuto’s retaliation?

Re: Leonardo Rizzuto (Montreal) has been shot at - 05/18/23 07:54 PM

Claudia and her husband being part of the conspiracy with DelBalso; I would say zero to none chances that they were involved.

Re: Leonardo Rizzuto (Montreal) has been shot at - 05/18/23 09:18 PM

Indeed but not yet. Brain is deader than Dillinger today. I will ponder and take a run a little later tonight. Too funny ciment.

Re: Leonardo Rizzuto (Montreal) has been shot at - 05/18/23 11:18 PM

No Rush . Take your time. lol

Re: Leonardo Rizzuto (Montreal) has been shot at - 05/19/23 12:50 AM

What are the chances that Claudia Iacono was part of Rizzuto’s retaliation?

0%

It has been slightly over a month and the Rizzuto's haven't retaliated yet ? Anyone care to speculate.

-Is it because they are weakened ?
- Waiting for the opportune time ?
- waiting to see if one or more clans were involved.
- Regrouping
- Is it because more dissidents decided to join HA ?
- or other ?

I could hear Vito Cahill typing away . lol

I'm sure everyone is on high alert right now meaning carrying weapons bodyguards and being in hiding and Leonardo Rizzuto's shooting brought a lot of attention and now with Claudia Iacono's murder there's even more attention. It's probably a mix of your second third and fourth points.

Re: Leonardo Rizzuto (Montreal) has been shot at - 05/19/23 12:56 AM

For them to target her like that means that she has done something to seriously piss someone off, maybe even involved in one or more of the several murders that's occurred over the years.

Re: Leonardo Rizzuto (Montreal) has been shot at - 05/19/23 01:13 AM

all right i'm back. just returning from 8-10 year old baseball??? game. good god have mercy on us all is there hope?
i will not say that experience has cleared my head any but here we go.

i think the rizzuto/sollecito faction is weakened. even recent media reports have said as much. one from la presse that has been posted here and on other threads mentions both rizzuto and sollecito once holding the title of acting boss/heads of the mafia. a title that neither holds currently. as has been discussed there is no overall boss of the MTL MAFIA. which would certainly explain the continuing mayhem daily on the streets. both rizzuto and sollecito were both often mentioned as although not bosses but part of what makes up the "decision makers" alongside robert/plouffe etc. rizzuto and sollecito dont seem to garner as much of a mention lately. there names being replaced by the likes of del balso, barberio, pizzi and pietrantonio.

as far as leonardo rizzuto goes if he learnt anything from his father and grandfather it would be patience and an ability to bide your time until an opportunity arises. so a direct poorly thought out strike may not be his style. also the fact that del balso is more than likely under near constant surveillance of some kind from some level of police as part of the ongoing investigation into the HA (robert/plouffe) and now including gilles lambert doesnt help. the same can be said for any of his enemies at this point with this latest murder of claudia iacono. the police must be under pressure from all sides to make arrests not just for the murders but for the daily arsons being committed.

and i would think there are some high level meetings going on amongst the top decision makers across the mtl area. from all of the most current articles from la presse and journal de mtl those at the top want to make money and have no interest in past feuds. so we still dont know the cause or what started this tit for tat allegedly going on between rizzuto and del balso. or if in fact that is even the case.

as far as alternate theories as to what is going on i think i will start a thread to elaborate further because there is alot going on and there is no way it all fits nicely into just another mtl mafia war. there is so little we know still about the murders of piero arena and vincenzo armeni and how they possibly fit into all this if at all. now add the murder of iacono which throws a wrench into everything.

i hope some of this helps answer the original questions.

Re: Leonardo Rizzuto (Montreal) has been shot at - 05/19/23 01:24 AM

Thanks for your input. Mafia 101. Good point.

Re: Leonardo Rizzuto (Montreal) has been shot at - 05/19/23 01:48 AM

Sorry Vito Cahill I didn't mean to rush .

As usual you always got a good read into your Crystal ball. Piero Arena and Vincenzo Armeni have been reported to be in the Rizzuto camp. There is still someone out there causing havoc; but your right things are not too clear at the moment and for now Martin seems to be the big player in this affair.

Thanks for your input .
Posted By: CabriniGreen

Re: Leonardo Rizzuto (Montreal) has been shot at - 05/19/23 06:15 AM

There's no timetable on these things. It's not like TV. Everyone is hot, and as you can see... good help is hard to find. None of these "cells" have like..... standing "armies" like a street gang, or dedicated assasins or specialist like a Demeo type crew. They are businessmen with resources, who all have access to the same pool of mercenary shooters. With no group with the capability to overpower or overwhelm the others. It's really a massive stalemate I think.

Re: Leonardo Rizzuto (Montreal) has been shot at - 05/19/23 10:16 AM

https://www.tvanouvelles.ca/2023/05/19/des-hells-en-eaux-troubles

Hells in troubled waters

The Rizzuto Affair
Additionally, the Hells' top-flight duo are said to be close to notorious mafioso Francesco Del Balso, whom police suspect to have ordered the attempted murder in which co-mafia boss Leonardo Rizzuto was injured . by gunshot , March 15 in Laval.

Robert and Plouffe are not targeted in this investigation, but sources from the Bureau of Investigation describe their business ties with Del Balso as "radioactive".

“This story does not sit well with many other Hells Angels. It creates discontent internally and it makes the club look bad, ”told us a police source well connected to the underworld.

Del Balso's head is the subject of a murder contract worth $250,000. According to the police thesis, this specialist in extortion and illegal sports betting was able to order the attack against Rizzuto in retaliation for a shooting from which he himself emerged unscathed, in November 2022.

The police arrested him and confiscated his passport on March 23, at Trudeau airport, while this ex-lieutenant of the Rizzuto clan was trying to clear off for Europe.

– With Felix Seguin

Re: Leonardo Rizzuto (Montreal) has been shot at - 05/19/23 10:30 AM

You make another good point Cabrini, the pool of mercenary shooters must be running low especially when many are getting arrested.

Re: Leonardo Rizzuto (Montreal) has been shot at - 05/19/23 11:33 AM

I won't say any names, but someone here claims that there's no official Mafia family in Montreal yet the media still refers to them as Mafiosi and Mafia bosses.

Re: Leonardo Rizzuto (Montreal) has been shot at - 05/19/23 11:48 AM

let us not spiral downward into that black hole again liggio. most good evidence obviously suggests otherwise but in a different context than other more traditional east coast mafia families. but do what u do...i am no moderator.

another question for those on here.

if there is indeed a $250 000 price on del balsos head, at one point is it more cost effective for del balsos allies, whoever they are to take him out themselves?
it could then bring a pause or temporary stop to some of this. from the article above the feds pulled del balsos passport. so legally hes not going anywhere for good or to hide out for a while, outside of canada. and if del balso is indeed trying to push to be somekind of overall boss for all the mafia cells/crews in mtl, what then would be the point of trying to flee? i realize if the hit on l. rizzuto had succeeded del balso wouldnt have attempted to go anywhere.

and to my own point what if this is del balso trying to become the NEW BOSS? as even mafia101 has stated...i think? in some cases it takes years for families to name an official NEW BOSS. for a man like del balso who rightly served his time and stayed silent following proj colisee arrest and sentence he may think his time is now to make a run at the big chair.

Re: Leonardo Rizzuto (Montreal) has been shot at - 05/19/23 11:48 AM

Even the respected British Guardian reports the murder!

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2023/may/18/montreal-mafia-mob-killing-claudia-iacono

Re: Leonardo Rizzuto (Montreal) has been shot at - 05/19/23 12:34 PM

Assuming that is the case, DelBalso aspiring to be the new boss, he would need back up. He would need the support of other Italian cells or clans for him to be successful. Furthermore, Martin will have to pick a side, if he already has done so ? Another think to consider is, unlike his father who proved to be a leader and have command of his troops, does Leonardo have what it takes to keep the family together ?
He was a lawyer and never intended to take the reins of his father or his deceased brother. He was just thrown to the wolves like so have many of his inner circle that have lost their fathers. Time will tell.

Re: Leonardo Rizzuto (Montreal) has been shot at - 05/19/23 03:34 PM

let us not spiral downward into that black hole again liggio. most good evidence obviously suggests otherwise but in a different context than other more traditional east coast mafia families. but do what u do...i am no moderator.

another question for those on here.

if there is indeed a $250 000 price on del balsos head, at one point is it more cost effective for del balsos allies, whoever they are to take him out themselves?
it could then bring a pause or temporary stop to some of this. from the article above the feds pulled del balsos passport. so legally hes not going anywhere for good or to hide out for a while, outside of canada. and if del balso is indeed trying to push to be somekind of overall boss for all the mafia cells/crews in mtl, what then would be the point of trying to flee? i realize if the hit on l. rizzuto had succeeded del balso wouldnt have attempted to go anywhere.

and to my own point what if this is del balso trying to become the NEW BOSS? as even mafia101 has stated...i think? in some cases it takes years for families to name an official NEW BOSS. for a man like del balso who rightly served his time and stayed silent following proj colisee arrest and sentence he may think his time is now to make a run at the big chair.

Forget about the Mafia Family debate or the baiting by Liggio on a topic where we already discussed the media's choice of words to describe these guys.

I don't think it was a move by Francesco Del Balso trying to consolidate all of the different cells under him to become some overall boss as you put it. No one would allow that to happen because Francesco Dle Balso isn't well liked or view favorably. It probably is as simple as it being retaliation for his own shootings earlier this year and late last year. I think it's a real possibility someone could be using Francesco Del Balso's anger to go after Leonardo Rizzuto.

Whether the hit succeeded or not I think Francesco Del Balso would of been trying to get out of dodge as soon as they figured out it was him. Leonardo Rizzuto being killed would be a major blow to that cell but it wouldn't be a killing blow. I said this before for someone to overthrow the Rizzuto cell they would need to take out everyone in the inner circle. That cell is far too entrenched in Montreal. Time and time again they get hit hard but bounce back and continue to be the strongest cell. They're vulnerable and would be even more vulnerable if Leonardo Rizzuto and Stefano Sollecito were dead but they wouldn't be done.

Re: Leonardo Rizzuto (Montreal) has been shot at - 05/19/23 05:46 PM

I can agree with you that the Sicilian cell can be weakened for a while but will never be taken down. What makes them resilient is that they will always have new able bodies to pick from via family recruits; but the leader they choose is what will make a difference as to how strong they can be. They will have to find another Vito.

Re: Leonardo Rizzuto (Montreal) has been shot at - 05/19/23 09:15 PM

Then why are they still referred to in those terms? If they're not Mafia then they need to quit calling them Mafia dons, Mafiosi, etc.

Re: Leonardo Rizzuto (Montreal) has been shot at - 05/19/23 10:27 PM

Liggio if you want to continue baiting a argument on something we covered already go to the post specifically for that. Vito already asked you to drop it and I'm obviously not taking the bait.

Re: Leonardo Rizzuto (Montreal) has been shot at - 05/20/23 12:10 AM

I must've struck a nerve, because you're dancing all around my question. It's okay, you can admit you're wrong, we won't laugh.

Re: Leonardo Rizzuto (Montreal) has been shot at - 05/20/23 01:28 AM

Wow not too smart if Del Balso is really behind the hit attempt, he clearly was already a marked man and surely this puts even more pressure on his day to day. Montreal never fails to keep things interesting

Re: Leonardo Rizzuto (Montreal) has been shot at - 05/20/23 10:14 AM

Vito there was precedent of a"Godmother" in the past. Palmina ,Vic Cotroni's sister. She was one not to mess around with and would handle disputes but she was the exception and you are right I never heard of any over the other women get involved.

Assassinat de Claudia Iacono : même les gangs de rue ne sont pas tombés aussi bas
https://www.journaldemontreal.com/2...angs-de-rue-ne-sont-pas-tombes-aussi-bas

Re: Leonardo Rizzuto (Montreal) has been shot at - 05/20/23 02:17 PM

Assassinat de Claudia Iacono : même les gangs de rue ne sont pas tombés aussi bas
https://www.journaldemontreal.com/2...angs-de-rue-ne-sont-pas-tombes-aussi-bas

I think the journalists are reading our posts.
lol

Re: Leonardo Rizzuto (Montreal) has been shot at - 05/21/23 11:05 AM

https://www.journaldemontreal.com/2...-crime-organise--le-respect-nexiste-plus

Bloody Conflicts at the Heart of Organized Crime: Respect No Longer Exists

Re: Leonardo Rizzuto (Montreal) has been shot at - 05/21/23 11:33 AM

If it turns out Italians or bikers aren’t behind her death (but Lebanese, Middle Easterns or street gangs) do you think the media will dim down the outrage?

Or if she’s going to be reported to be involved?

Is it true that “not even gangs act so low” in Canada?

Down here civilians (of all ages and both genders) are targeted regularly by gangs.

Re: Leonardo Rizzuto (Montreal) has been shot at - 05/21/23 12:50 PM

If it turns out Italians or bikers aren’t behind her death (but Lebanese, Middle Easterns or street gangs) do you think the media will dim down the outrage?

Down here civilians (of all ages and both genders) are targeted regularly by gangs.

Iacono was not involved in criminal activities, according to Radio-Canada sources.

Re: Leonardo Rizzuto (Montreal) has been shot at - 05/22/23 12:43 AM

Iacono was not involved in criminal activities, according to Radio-Canada sources.

Could it simply be that they refused to pay extortion and somebody decided to make an example out of her?

Re: Leonardo Rizzuto (Montreal) has been shot at - 05/24/23 05:19 AM

I found this interesting today, this site legit?

https://pkbnews.in/who-is-kevin-rochebrun-attempted-murder-against-leonardo-rizzuto-charges/

Re: Leonardo Rizzuto (Montreal) has been shot at - 05/24/23 05:23 AM

Originally Posted by mike68
Could it simply be that they refused to pay extortion and somebody decided to make an example out of her?

Very doubtful. That generally gets your ass kicked, not shot. Plus I’d find it doubtful that one of Gallo’s sons would think his wife could tell the Sicilians to kiss off after what happened to his Dad.

I got this feeling that the mafia may not even be responsible for this hit??????????? who knows with Montreal

Re: Leonardo Rizzuto (Montreal) has been shot at - 05/24/23 06:36 AM

Originally Posted by dixiemafia

Very doubtful. That generally gets your ass kicked, not shot. Plus I’d find it doubtful that one of Gallo’s sons would think his wife could tell the Sicilians to kiss off after what happened to his Dad.

I got this feeling that the mafia may not even be responsible for this hit??????????? who knows with Montreal

I am in agreement with you Dix.

Re: Leonardo Rizzuto (Montreal) has been shot at - 05/24/23 08:33 AM

There are rumors that it could be middle easterns / lebanese

If no mafia faction was involved I’m certain they’ll do something to distance themselves from it, like hitting those responsible or ratting them out to the cops

Re: Leonardo Rizzuto (Montreal) has been shot at - 05/24/23 11:35 AM

There are rumors that it could be middle easterns / lebanese

If no mafia faction was involved I’m certain they’ll do something to distance themselves from it, like hitting those responsible or ratting them out to the cops

I guess people are thinking about the lebanese because of a hit that was made years ago in Laval.
The wife of a lebanese gangster was killed in her car.
Years later, the husband also got killed.

https://www.lapresse.ca/actualites/...femme-a-laval-erreur-sur-la-personne.php

The Laval police do not rule out that there was an error on the person in the case of the murder of Lida Phon, this 32-year-old mother whose body was found riddled with bullets on Sunday morning in the Chomedey district.
Posted By: m2w

Re: Leonardo Rizzuto (Montreal) has been shot at - 05/24/23 11:42 AM

it seems a revenge for the attempted murder of Leonardo Rizzuto

Re: Leonardo Rizzuto (Montreal) has been shot at - 05/24/23 11:49 AM

Yeah, i think its mostly italian mafia related than lebanese crime.
But I get it that people might think its lebanese related, since there was a murder like this in 2012 in Laval.
Also, in Laval (Chomedey) and Mtl (St-Laurent) many buisness had problems of extortion from the lebanese mafia the last past months.

But still, i think the killing of that woman is associated with the italians

Re: Leonardo Rizzuto (Montreal) has been shot at - 05/24/23 11:38 PM

https://www.lapresse.ca/actualites/...lebrees-sous-surveillance-policiere.php#

Claudia Iacono's funeral celebrated under police surveillance

Re: Leonardo Rizzuto (Montreal) has been shot at - 05/24/23 11:48 PM

Major Crime investigators from the Service de police de la Ville de Montréal (SPVM) are trying to solve the homicide of Ms. Iacono and the hypothesis that would be favored currently, both in the police and criminal worlds, is that the mother of the family was the victim of a crime committed in retaliation for the attempted murder of Leonardo Rizzuto in mid-March.

So the police thinks it's a reply to Rizzuto's shooting. Ruthless if true. But doesn't that put other wives on both sides of the conflict in jeopardy too?

Re: Leonardo Rizzuto (Montreal) has been shot at - 05/25/23 12:01 AM

Major Crime investigators from the Service de police de la Ville de Montréal (SPVM) are trying to solve the homicide of Ms. Iacono and the hypothesis that would be favored currently, both in the police and criminal worlds, is that the mother of the family was the victim of a crime committed in retaliation for the attempted murder of Leonardo Rizzuto in mid-March.

So the police thinks it's a reply to Rizzuto's shooting. Ruthless if true. But doesn't that put other wives on both sides of the conflict in jeopardy too?

That is what sources are saying but I am still not convinced. Why the Gallo 's ? Don't they have bigger fish to fry like their rivals that are presently creating havoc for the Rizzuto's ; rather than going after a soft target like Claudia. If that is a message then I agree , they are putting their own family at risk.

Re: Leonardo Rizzuto (Montreal) has been shot at - 05/25/23 03:44 AM

I still don't believe it but as I said who knows up there as the rules are out the window at this point.

But as for your question I'd say yes, this makes EVERYONE fair game IF this is true. Just seems weird she was picked out for revenge, I don't see Gallo's son making this power play unless she's kin to someone else maybe

Re: Leonardo Rizzuto (Montreal) has been shot at - 06/01/23 11:40 AM

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=uBoxp-oPK3A&pp=ygUOZ2FuZ3MgbW9udHJlYWw%3D

Interview with retired montreal cop, Pietro Poletti on the situation of orgnaized crime in montreal
In english
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET