Home

Would Tommy Pitera been made Capo?

Posted By: RushStreet

Would Tommy Pitera been made Capo? - 02/10/23 08:14 PM

Would he have eventually been made Capo if he never got busted? I know he was a soldier and he ran a crew but I don't recall him ever being made official acting Capo of a crew appointed by the family.

Would you have appointed Pitera as Capo if you were running the family?

Posted By: Big_Tuna93

Re: Would Tommy Pitera been made Capo? - 02/10/23 08:39 PM

Sincerely doubt it, but maybe? Guy was a complete lunatic.

Re: Would Tommy Pitera been made Capo? - 02/10/23 08:59 PM

Originally Posted by Big_Tuna93
Sincerely doubt it, but maybe? Guy was a complete lunatic.

So was Casso for the Lucchese's but he still got made underboss.
Posted By: JCrusher

Re: Would Tommy Pitera been made Capo? - 02/10/23 09:04 PM

Not sure. But I don’t think he was going to last long enough in the street anyway to get bumped up given his bloodlust. He was made in 86 and by 90 was in in jail.

Re: Would Tommy Pitera been made Capo? - 02/10/23 09:24 PM

Originally Posted by JCrusher
Not sure. But I don’t think he was going to last long enough in the street anyway to get bumped up given his bloodlust. He was made in 86 and by 90 was in in jail.

That is interesting to think about, how he was pretty much investigated from the time he was made till the time they arrested him. I believe Hunt followed him for a good 4 years before they decided to take him down.

Re: Would Tommy Pitera been made Capo? - 02/10/23 09:36 PM

Originally Posted by RushStreet
Originally Posted by JCrusher

That is interesting to think about, how he was pretty much investigated from the time he was made till the time they arrested him. I believe Hunt followed him for a good 4 years before they decided to take him down

. Yes true. He was also was fairly young I believe he was 35 when he went to jail snd already has a bloody reputation
Posted By: Liggio

Re: Would Tommy Pitera been made Capo? - 02/10/23 09:57 PM

Tommy Pitera mightve only lasted 4 years as a made guy, but his overall mob career went back at least another 5 years before that.

Re: Would Tommy Pitera been made Capo? - 02/10/23 09:59 PM

Of course. Not saying his mob career started in 86 just saying that given his age, short time he was made, and bloody reputation I’m not sure if he would’ve been named capo at least anytime soon if he stayed out a few more years but who knows
Posted By: Goldy

Re: Would Tommy Pitera been made Capo? - 02/11/23 02:08 AM

Was he known to be an earner or muscle?
Posted By: Liggio

Re: Would Tommy Pitera been made Capo? - 02/11/23 02:12 AM

He was actually both, believe it or not.
Posted By: jace

Re: Would Tommy Pitera been made Capo? - 02/11/23 02:23 AM

I think about how much of his rep as being so crazy comes from that book by the author who double crossed him. The author told Pitera he was going to write a book favorable to him. Once he got Pitera to talk to him, he cut Pitera off. The book was even had "The Butcher" in it's title. Most of what is known comes from that book.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET