Home

So this is what mobsters look like now?

Posted By: RushStreet

So this is what mobsters look like now? - 01/19/23 03:45 PM

So this is what mobsters look like now?! You wanna go to jail associating with guys that dress like this? He raided the rapper Fat Joes closet it looks like! Wow just wow I am disappointed to say the least. I guarantee you these two morons, goofy looking motherfuckers, would rat on you in a second if it meant saving their own ass………

https://gangsterreport.com/gr-sourc...lly-mafia-at-22-sit-down-in-long-island/
Posted By: ralphie_cifaretto

Re: So this is what mobsters look like now? - 01/19/23 03:58 PM

Most of them look like trash. That life is long gone.
Posted By: Mafia101

Re: So this is what mobsters look like now? - 01/19/23 04:03 PM

Such a mystery that wiseguys don't dress like it's the 1920s anymore lol
Posted By: The_Marble_Guy

Re: So this is what mobsters look like now? - 01/19/23 04:26 PM

" Nobody made a fuss " lol Yea cause they didn't want him.

Re: So this is what mobsters look like now? - 01/19/23 04:32 PM

Originally Posted by Mafia101

Who says that? How about simply not dressing Like a white trash piece of shit who wants to look more like a gang banger?

Re: So this is what mobsters look like now? - 01/19/23 04:33 PM

Originally Posted by ralphie_cifaretto
Most of them look like trash. That life is long gone.

Agree. The only mobsters I would ever want to have coffee with are in their 60s ,70s and 80s.
Posted By: alicecooper

Re: So this is what mobsters look like now? - 01/19/23 04:44 PM

Has it occurred to you that they ARE gangbangers? They look like typical dipshits. Did you think east coasters looked sophisticated in the 80's and 90's in their matching jogging suits?

You have some kind of a weird sexual fetish about how a certain group of criminals dress. Can't wait for your next thread about the exact same thing.

Re: So this is what mobsters look like now? - 01/19/23 04:52 PM

Originally Posted by alicecooper
Has it occurred to you that they ARE gangbangers? They look like typical dipshits. Did you think east coasters looked sophisticated in the 80's and 90's in their matching jogging suits?

You have some kind of a weird sexual fetish about how a certain group of criminals dress. Can't wait for your next thread about the exact same thing.

Gonna leave this alone as the word I use to describe them will get me banned but that is exactly what they are. Back then Italians beat the fuck out of their kind but today young mobsters want to be like them. It’s fuckin pathetic!!! A disgrace!

Re: So this is what mobsters look like now? - 01/19/23 05:08 PM

Originally Posted by RushStreet

Who says that? How about simply not dressing Like a white trash piece of shit who wants to look more like a gang banger?

You. You clearly expect them to be dressed to the nines in fancy suits like it's 1920 again. This is how people dress nowadays. Mobsters, civilians, general public. And out of all the pictures we have this is the one that set you off? He's wearing a snap back and a black shirt lol

Nice to see your racist tendencies show in this thread.

Re: So this is what mobsters look like now? - 01/19/23 05:15 PM

Gonna leave this alone as the word I use to describe them will get me banned but that is exactly what they are. Back then Italians beat the fuck out of their kind but today young mobsters want to be like them. It’s fuckin pathetic!!! A disgrace!

Does the plural form of that word start with a W and end in an S?

Serious question.

Re: So this is what mobsters look like now? - 01/19/23 05:27 PM

You. You clearly expect them to be dressed to the nines in fancy suits like it's 1920 again. This is how people dress nowadays. Mobsters, civilians, general public. And out of all the pictures we have this is the one that set you off? He's wearing a snap back and a black shirt lol

Nice to see your racist tendencies show in this thread.

I do not think they should be dressed to the nines, sorry to break it to you. Honestly how old are you? Your age and level of maturity is really showing with the way you respond. I was simply saying how they look like trashy pieces of shit. How is that racist? This is how people dress nowadays? Not where I come from or places I hang out at. I also have some very close friends who were raised in mafia households as their fathers were all mobsters, the real deal. They do not dress like the two dumb fucks in the photo I shared, nor do anyone in their family. Its unfortunate people you hang out with do which is pathetic to be completely honest. You obviously are younger than I am, much younger.

Re: So this is what mobsters look like now? - 01/19/23 05:29 PM

Does the plural form of that word start with a W and end in an S?

Serious question.

Nope.

Re: So this is what mobsters look like now? - 01/19/23 05:34 PM

You have a lot of pent up anger my friend. I don't think you want to talk about maturity here when you're blowing a gasket over something as simple as a common style for younger people and typing up a paragraph of insults towards me because I don't share your anger over this. Put your phone down, get off these chitchat rooms and go outside take some deep breaths

Re: So this is what mobsters look like now? - 01/19/23 05:41 PM

You have a lot of pent up anger my friend. I don't think you want to talk about maturity here when you're blowing a gasket over something as simple as a common style for younger people and typing up a paragraph of insults towards me because I don't share your anger over this. Put your phone down, get off these chitchat rooms and go outside take some deep breaths

If you walked in our neighborhood I’d have someone scare the fuck out of you just because you annoy me.

Y’all have a good day. wink

Re: So this is what mobsters look like now? - 01/19/23 05:55 PM

Okay? I'll avoid your neighbourhood thanks for the heads up

Re: So this is what mobsters look like now? - 01/19/23 05:58 PM

Good decision.
Posted By: LuanKuci

Re: So this is what mobsters look like now? - 01/19/23 06:32 PM

In the picture, Dom Grande is dressed casually yet decently, the kid with the blurred face too. Tuccio probably goofing off with the hat and cigar (no big deal) and he’s wearing a regular plain black shirt.

I don’t see where’s the issue.

Mobsters dress according to their age, era and environment. Just like everyone else. If these three guys were to attend a fancy dinner, a trial or a funeral they’d surely dress up differently.

Like here:

https://mobtalksitdown.com/three-ye...ntencing-date-after-new-york-arson-plea/

Or here

https://gangstersinc.org/blog/gambino-family-mobster-peter-tuccio-will-do-10-years-in-prison-fo

Re: So this is what mobsters look like now? - 01/19/23 06:35 PM

Good decision.

Sorry I didn't realize what tough guy you were. Threatening randoms on the internet lol

Originally Posted by LuanKuci
In the picture, Dom Grande is dressed casually yet decently, the kid with the blurred face too. Tuccio probably goofing off with the hat and cigar (no big deal) and he’s wearing a regular plain black shirt.

Mobsters dress according to their age, era and environment. Just like everyone else. If these three guys were to attend a fancy dinner, a trial or a funeral they’d surely dress up differently.

Like here:

Or here

https://gangstersinc.org/blog/gambino-family-mobster-peter-tuccio-will-do-10-years-in-prison-fo

There is no issue. Rushstreet just can't comprehend that his fanboy idea of what a mobster is suppose to dress like isn't real. This isn't goodfellasas or the godfather rush they aren't wearing a suit and fedora 24/7. He doesn't understand the Mob adapts and dresses the same as everyone else
Posted By: Liggio

Re: So this is what mobsters look like now? - 01/19/23 06:44 PM

I honestly don't see anything wrong with how they're dressed. By the title of your post, I was expecting to see much, much worse. You think they wake up in a suit and go to bed in a suit?

Re: So this is what mobsters look like now? - 01/19/23 06:44 PM

Good decision.

Sorry I didn't realize what tough guy you were. Threatening randoms on the internet lol

Originally Posted by LuanKuci

Like here:

Or here

There is no issue. Rushstreet just can't comprehend that his fanboy idea of what a mobster is suppose to dress like isn't real. This isn't goodfellasas or the godfather rush they aren't wearing a suit and fedora 24/7. He doesn't understand the Mob adapts and dresses the same as everyone else

Look, I’m around, connected guys quite often as two of my closest friends fathers were in the life that did it for a living. I know how connected guys dresses that I hang out with and I’ll tell you one thing they definitely don’t dress like the scumbag white trash piece of shit you hang out with. I’ve even said before that they don’t wear suits to the nines 24/7 and I don’t expect them to. Comprehension is not your strong point obviously.

Re: So this is what mobsters look like now? - 01/19/23 06:47 PM

These guys are not in the least bit dressed like gangbangers.

Re: So this is what mobsters look like now? - 01/19/23 06:48 PM

Originally Posted by Liggio
These guys are not in the least bit dressed like gangbangers.

In your world, maybe not.

Re: So this is what mobsters look like now? - 01/19/23 06:50 PM

I honestly don't see anything wrong with how they're dressed. By the title of your post, I was expecting to see much, much worse. You think they wake up in a suit and go to bed in a suit?

honestly just stfu.

Re: So this is what mobsters look like now? - 01/19/23 06:55 PM

We must not be speaking slow enough for you. So listen up there is no uniform for wiseguys.

What exactly is wrong with wearing sweats and a t shirt with a hat like your average young guy hanging out with friends? Tell us what about this makes you so angry.

Posted By: eastsideofvan

Re: So this is what mobsters look like now? - 01/19/23 07:06 PM

Ironically, this article really serves if anything to show that there are in fact still *SOME* standards left in the NYC mob that they don't want a fawning, meddlesome heat score like Peter Pan hanging around.

He'll fit right in with Philly.

Re: So this is what mobsters look like now? - 01/19/23 07:08 PM

We must not be speaking slow enough for you. So listen up there is no uniform for wiseguys.

What exactly is wrong with wearing sweats and a t shirt with a hat like your average young guy hanging out with friends? Tell us what about this makes you so angry.

He's mocking who he is by making it look like a joke in that picture knowing it will be posted for the world to see. He cannot be taken seriously looking like that , and that is the problem I have with it. That is why he's an idiot. You can't be serious thinking he looks good. If you do, then I am sorry someone dropped your ass on your head when you were a baby.

Re: So this is what mobsters look like now? - 01/19/23 07:14 PM

Originally Posted by eastsideofvan
Ironically, this article really serves if anything to show that there are in fact still *SOME* standards left in the NYC mob that they don't want a fawning, meddlesome heat score like Peter Pan hanging around.

He'll fit right in with Philly.

Philly obviously is a fucking joke if they allow him to join them. Desperate as fuck.

And who the fuck walks around with the name Peter Pan? Must be light in his loafers.

Re: So this is what mobsters look like now? - 01/19/23 07:47 PM

I think he looks like your average 20 something year old. Nothing is wrong with the way he looks. You just have issues.

Re: So this is what mobsters look like now? - 01/19/23 07:56 PM

I think he looks like your average 20 something year old. Nothing is wrong with the way he looks. You just have issues.

Its amazing you try so hard to justify the poor fashion on 20 something dumb fucks.

You obviously are not only a troll, but a young one at that.

P.S. Your generation needs to get off my fucking lawn, capiche?
Posted By: TheKillingJoke

Re: So this is what mobsters look like now? - 01/19/23 08:14 PM

No offense, but I as well expected to see much worse than what I saw in that picture lol. I've come across a variety of organized crime figures throughout the years and I've seen plenty of them walking around in the same type of clothes Dom Grande's wearing in that picture.

Re: So this is what mobsters look like now? - 01/19/23 08:34 PM

Originally Posted by TheKillingJoke
No offense, but I as well expected to see much worse than what I saw in that picture lol. I've come across a variety of organized crime figures throughout the years and I've seen plenty of them walking around in the same type of clothes Dom Grande's wearing in that picture.

If he knew how to wear his hat properly and tried not so hard to look thuggish with the way that cigar is used as a prop with that little smirk on his face, then maybe I'd have a different opinion.

Don't tell me he's not taking that picture posing like that for any other reason. Guys a clown, a dumb fuck and a trash piece of shit. Bottom line.

He doesn't deserve to be in New York and like the above poster said, Philly can have him.

Re: So this is what mobsters look like now? - 01/19/23 08:56 PM

I totally agree with everything Rush has been saying. How can anyone defend these fucking bums? They look like they belong in a documentary about incels. I bet this Petey Pan fuck is still a virgin. REAL GANGSTERS DRESS LIKE GANGSTERS!!! If I was the boss of Philly I'd have them both killed immediately. What a fucking disgrace. They disgraced the borgata!!

Re: So this is what mobsters look like now? - 01/19/23 08:57 PM

Guy is a dumb fuck. Someone needs to whack this POS!!!!

https://gangsterreport.com/ny-phil-...r-being-disrespectful-to-bonannos-in-15/

Re: So this is what mobsters look like now? - 01/19/23 09:01 PM

The way he's wearing his hat? you just want to nitpick every little thing. I have never seen someone as far out there as you rush lol becoming a fucking spastic over a hat lol

Re: So this is what mobsters look like now? - 01/19/23 09:03 PM

The way he's wearing his hat? you just want to nitpick every little thing. I have never seen someone as far out there as you rush lol becoming a fucking spastic over a hat lol

He isn't far out there though. I didn't even see that picture initially but now I'm totally on board with what he's been saying. That hat is a gangbangers hat. Gangbangers wear it. Petey wants to be a Crip

Re: So this is what mobsters look like now? - 01/19/23 09:08 PM

Let me show you a real Gangster, in fact one of the strongest Capo's that is alive today. Not some young little bitch who names himself Peter Pan who thinks he's a tough guy and wants to suck Joey Merlino's cock. See how he wears his hat? Do you see his clothes? See the kind of hat he is wearing?

Big difference here...

Attached picture Nick Ferriola.jpg

Re: So this is what mobsters look like now? - 01/19/23 09:09 PM

I mean, to give Tuccio some credit, the guy is doing time at the moment and as far as we know he is keeping his mouth shut. Everybody was saying the guy was gonna turn rat within a week after getting jailed, but that didn't happen.

Re: So this is what mobsters look like now? - 01/19/23 09:13 PM

Nicky Ferriola is a bad motherfucker I totally agree.

Another real gangster who knows how to dress, Sal Avellino

[Linked Image]

Re: So this is what mobsters look like now? - 01/19/23 09:15 PM

Originally Posted by ralphie_cifaretto
Nicky Ferriola is a bad motherfucker I totally agree.

Another real gangster who knows how to dress, Sal Avellino

[Linked Image]

There you go. Perfect.

Re: So this is what mobsters look like now? - 01/19/23 09:46 PM

No one tell him these guys have worn t-shirts before too
Posted By: SonnyfromPeoria

Re: So this is what mobsters look like now? - 01/19/23 10:22 PM

I hope Nicky Ferriola has a good run under the radar....he has more then enough potential to be given a sot at a Boss someday.
Posted By: Hollander

Re: So this is what mobsters look like now? - 01/19/23 11:34 PM

Every decade had his own fashion, in the 80s everybody dressed like Sonny Crockett lol.

Re: So this is what mobsters look like now? - 01/19/23 11:45 PM

I will admit, being from the older school of motorcycle crowd, when I see guys my own age and younger with the straight brim ball caps and other inner city gang type clothing I think to myself wtf is wrong with that ********. But it ain't my problem.

Rush, you crack me the fuck up lol
Posted By: Lenox

Re: So this is what mobsters look like now? - 01/19/23 11:57 PM

They arent dressed like a gangbanger. Nothing is worse than a white guy dressing like a gangbanger though, that is a crime in itself. Then again, nothing is worse than an actual gangbanger.

Re: So this is what mobsters look like now? - 01/20/23 04:54 PM

Originally Posted by Lenox
They arent dressed like a gangbanger. Nothing is worse than a white guy dressing like a gangbanger though, that is a crime in itself. Then again, nothing is worse than an actual gangbanger.

The more I think about it, they are really trying hard to look like they are Puerto Ricans from the ghetto. WTF is up with that?

A disgrace to Italians and Mobsters everywhere.

Re: So this is what mobsters look like now? - 01/20/23 05:17 PM

Nick Ferriola is arguably one of the most powerful organized crime figures in Chicago and a very sharp dresser these days, but when you go look up pictures of him when he was in his 30's it's clear that he's not always walking around in the most fashionable clothes either.

Re: So this is what mobsters look like now? - 01/20/23 05:33 PM

Nick Ferriola is arguably one of the most powerful organized crime figures in Chicago and a very sharp dresser these days, but when you go look up pictures of him when he was in his 30's it's clear that he's not always walking around in the most fashionable clothes either.

Not gonna disagree with that one bit! But he came to his senses obviously once he knew he had to take that step up and Represent the Outfit better from a professional standpoint. Knowing he is the boss of the Chinatown street crew instead of just some everyday bookie taking bets.

Peter Pan needs to stop dressing like a teenager and start dressing like a real man. A man who has his shit together just like a seasoned businessman running a company because that is exactly the mindset you need to have as a successful mobster. You are a businessman, this isn't a fucking game or a joke.
Posted By: Mikey_Sunset

Re: So this is what mobsters look like now? - 01/20/23 06:02 PM

Anytime I see Tuccio I'm reminded of Dieter from Sprockets on SNL.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Re: So this is what mobsters look like now? - 01/20/23 06:15 PM

Originally Posted by Mikey_Sunset
Anytime I see Tuccio I'm reminded of Dieter from Sprockets on SNL.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Lol
Posted By: eastsideofvan

Re: So this is what mobsters look like now? - 01/20/23 06:48 PM

He'll be getting plenty of practice with that where he is right now.

Not some young little bitch who names himself Peter Pan who thinks he's a tough guy and wants to suck Joey Merlino's cock.

Re: So this is what mobsters look like now? - 01/20/23 07:17 PM

Originally Posted by eastsideofvan
He'll be getting plenty of practice with that where he is right now.

Not some young little bitch who names himself Peter Pan who thinks he's a tough guy and wants to suck Joey Merlino's cock.

Thats right! "Open up Petey Pan! Show me how tough you are!!!!!!!"
Posted By: Big_Tuna93

Re: So this is what mobsters look like now? - 01/20/23 09:56 PM

This thread has been laugh out loud funny. RushStreet you are a funny ass dude.
Posted By: Giacalone

Re: So this is what mobsters look like now? - 01/20/23 10:14 PM

I can tell you one thing. The clothes Sal Avellino is wearing aren't cheap

Re: So this is what mobsters look like now? - 01/21/23 01:12 AM

Originally Posted by Big_Tuna93
This thread has been laugh out loud funny. RushStreet you are a funny ass dude.

Thank you Big Tuna! Happy you are enjoying it!!!

Re: So this is what mobsters look like now? - 01/21/23 01:22 AM

I don't know why people get their panties in a bunch whenever you talk about how sloppy mobsters dress these days. It's like you're talking about their wardrobe or something.

Re: So this is what mobsters look like now? - 01/21/23 01:58 AM

I don't know why people get their panties in a bunch whenever you talk about how sloppy mobsters dress these days. It's like you're talking about their wardrobe or something.

Tell me about it.
Posted By: NYMafia

Re: So this is what mobsters look like now? - 01/21/23 09:07 AM

To this very day, as I write this post, there are plenty of wiseguys who still dress extremely sharp. Especially when they're going somewhere that requires it (out to eat, to nightclubs, weddings, important business meetings, etc). And then of course there are the guys who like to dress more casual. And then you always have your percentage of slobs, who dress like shit because they have no style, no class, and don't know any better. Or are broke and walk around like broken-down-valises...That will never change!

But isn't that also the way the general public is as well nowadays? And has, in fact, always been like that. Of course it is.

In general, John-Q-Public, isn't dressing as formally as people did decades back, like in the 1930s, 1940s, 1950s, 1960s, etc. Women don't wear formal skirts and dresses on a daily basis as females did back then, and men don't wear suits with white shits and ties every single day as their "go to" attire. It's a vastly different world.

It all started to change a bit with the hippy social revolution of the late 1960s, early 1970s. During the late 1970s, into the 1980s (during the disco and club era, it made somewhat of a comeback). But as the years went by, more and more people in general began to dress more casually. Mob guys followed suit. After all, the mob is just a microcosm of the larger world out there, they too are influenced by current trends and styles, no? Or course they are. They live in the same world as everybody else. Just because they make their living a bit different from the crowd, doesn't mean they're not influenced by what goes on around them.

Re: So this is what mobsters look like now? - 01/21/23 09:24 AM

I do agree with the sentiment that the way you carry yourself - which extends to the way you dress - definitely is extremely important when you want people to respect you. Especially in a Dickensian environment like the underworld. If you stroll around like a tramp, who's gonna take you seriously?

Re: So this is what mobsters look like now? - 01/21/23 09:38 AM

I do agree with the sentiment that the way you carry yourself - which extends to the way you dress - definitely is extremely important when you want people to respect you. Especially in a Dickensian environment like the underworld. If you stroll around like a tramp, who's gonna take you seriously?

100% TKJ. 100%

And thats true, whether you're in the upper-world, or the underworld. It you look like a winener, people are drawn to you (and that transcends into business opportunities). If you look like a slob and loser, then people also view you as such. Whether or not you really are, or aren't.

Perception is reality!

A perfect example of this mentality is a bookmaker. Who in their right mind wants to bet with a bookie you looks like he doesn't have two nickels to rub together? If they win, bettors wanna get paid, not stiffed. So a smart bookmaker dresses like a champ, drives a Cadillac or Benz, and walks around picking up bar tabs. THAT'S how they get friendly and encourage people to become their customers.

Re: So this is what mobsters look like now? - 01/21/23 09:51 AM

A lot of people like to point out Chin Gigante, but I heard that he actually wore a suit under that bathrobe, which was revealed at meetings after removing it. And I've seen some surveillance shots of Gigante when he wasn't doing his crazy act, dude just commanded a lot of respect and exuded boss material, pajamas or no pajamas. But not everyone can pull off a Chin Gigante, that's important to note. The vast majority of guys out there will get spit on and scoffed at and treated like bums if they don't dress properly. I just don't think Gigante is the best example to use, he was one of a kind.

Re: So this is what mobsters look like now? - 01/21/23 10:49 AM

A lot of people like to point out Chin Gigante, but I heard that he actually wore a suit under that bathrobe, which was revealed at meetings after removing it. And I've seen some surveillance shots of Gigante when he wasn't doing his crazy act, dude just commanded a lot of respect and exuded boss material, pajamas or no pajamas. But not everyone can pull off a Chin Gigante, that's important to note. The vast majority of guys out there will get spit on and scoffed at and treated like bums if they don't dress properly. I just don't think Gigante is the best example to use, he was one of a kind.

He did that as a "ploy." If you look at photos of him back in the 1950s and 1960s, he dressed in slacks and sports jackets, dress shirts, and suits like everybody else in the mob.

Re: So this is what mobsters look like now? - 01/21/23 10:50 AM

young Nick Ferriola

[Linked Image]

Re: So this is what mobsters look like now? - 01/21/23 11:11 AM

You gotta remember too guys, that if a guy, any guy, regardless of his stature in the mob, is just lounging around, he's not gonna be dressed up in a suit and tie, regardless of how well a dresser he may be when he wants to be.

If a fella is at a poolside party, at the beach, bbq'n in the backyard, running daily errands, etc. It would be very unrealistic (ridiculous off him actually), to dress up. Am I right or wrong here?

Re: So this is what mobsters look like now? - 01/21/23 12:23 PM

Stop it NYMafia you're going to send Rush into crisis mode. Wiseguys must wear suits at all times panic

Re: So this is what mobsters look like now? - 01/21/23 01:11 PM

Look at the way the business world is today. You have owners of companies who show up in gym shoes and t shirts. Then you got guys out there running businesses who dress in a suit and designer clothing.

Same thing applies to the mob.

The problem I have in the pic I posted originally is these are mob connected guys who are trying to portray an image that is more city kid wannabe thug gang punk. They look like they are desperate to be in the next hip hop music video and fitting in with a leader of the gangster deciples instead of the Italian mob. It’s very disturbing and pathetic!!!!

Re: So this is what mobsters look like now? - 01/21/23 01:32 PM

They look like your average guy especially Grande. You just have a weird movie image of wiseguys
Posted By: JCrusher

Re: So this is what mobsters look like now? - 01/21/23 01:41 PM

They look like your average guy especially Grande. You just have a weird movie image of wiseguys

. True especially nowadays. Hell even in the early 90’s they were moving away from wearing suits and wearing track suits and things like that

Re: So this is what mobsters look like now? - 01/21/23 02:03 PM

I've seen a few recent photos of wiseguys where they were dressed sharp. They still do from time to time. It's whatever's appropriate for the occasion vs back in the 1950s when it was pretty much mandatory.

Re: So this is what mobsters look like now? - 01/21/23 02:15 PM

Let me make this clear I do not expect wiseguys to dress in suits when they’re hanging out in the backyard or with their buddies. Not really sure why mafia 101 keeps saying that. What I do expect is for them to hold themselves accountable with enough respect not to look like they’re trying to be a teenager. Lose the hat and the tacky gold chains and they will be in the right direction.
Posted By: BensonHURST

Re: So this is what mobsters look like now? - 01/21/23 03:21 PM

The main difference is Italian Americans dressed like Italian American’s.

Meaning even members of LCN who were dressed down they dressed in their own style they never dressed Similar to gangbangers.

I am talking about 80’-90’s-2000’s

So if LCN members weren’t dressed up they were dressed down in Sergio Teccini Jogging Suits that were made in Italy.

The younger generation we all dressed in Sergio Teccini jogging suits.

We never dressed like rappers did and/or like anyone else.
We white decks sneakers that would never have a scuff mark on them.

In general americans as a whole dress more casual the same with LCN however, when dressed down LCN and Italian youth no longer have their own style where you can spot them a mile a way.

From a distance you would not be able to tell if that is a group of young thug gang bangers or young Italian Americans. They often dress similar.

Italian American youth are influenced more by rappers and rap music than by John Gotti and his crew.

Peter “PAN” is an example of that.
He is extreme however, I can promise you this going away for 10 years def going toughen this kid up.

Re: So this is what mobsters look like now? - 01/21/23 03:47 PM

Originally Posted by BensonHURST

Meaning even members of LCN who were dressed down they dressed in their own style they never dressed Similar to gangbangers.

So if LCN members weren’t dressed up they were dressed down in Sergio Teccini Jogging Suits that were made in Italy.

In general americans as a whole dress more casual the same with LCN however, when dressed down LCN and Italian youth no longer have their own style where you can spot them a mile a way.

From a distance you would not be able to tell if that is a group of young thug gang bangers or young Italian Americans. They often dress similar.

Italian American youth are influenced more by rappers and rap music than by John Gotti and his crew.

He is extreme however, I can promise you this going away for 10 years def going toughen this kid up.

100% BH

Re: So this is what mobsters look like now? - 01/21/23 04:07 PM

Thank god someone knows what I’m talking about! Mafia 101 has an extremely hard time comprehending this.
Posted By: jace

Re: So this is what mobsters look like now? - 01/21/23 05:01 PM

Thank god someone knows what I’m talking about! Mafia 101 has an extremely hard time comprehending this.

Mafia101 is an idiot here to stir up trouble.

Re: So this is what mobsters look like now? - 01/21/23 05:04 PM

The question is: did he actually gave himself the "Peter Pan" nickname? If that's the case, I think that's a bigger crime against taste and self-respect than the hat he's wearing in that picture.
Posted By: jace

Re: So this is what mobsters look like now? - 01/21/23 05:04 PM

Major companies don't require executives to wear a suit and tie anymore, hardly anyone in these times wears suit unless required (Or if they are rich and over age 80.) Mafia members dress just like any other person, the same as they did in the 1920's. If Fedora hats come back into style, they'll wear them. wink

Re: So this is what mobsters look like now? - 01/21/23 06:46 PM

Originally Posted by jace
Major companies don't require executives to wear a suit and tie anymore, hardly anyone in these times wears suit unless required (Or if they are rich and over age 80.) Mafia members dress just like any other person, the same as they did in the 1920's. If Fedora hats come back into style, they'll wear them. wink

Again we are not asking them to wear suits unless it’s a wedding, dinner meeting at a nice restaurant, making ceremony or a sit down. A sport coat would be just fine as well.

Look all we are asking is they dress like Italians. Look at how people dress in Italy, all about fashion over there with designer clothing. The young Italian Americans should take their advice.

Are jeans and a t-shirt alright as well or gym clothing? Yes of course but do us a favor and wear something that at the gym or in your backyard or local social club watching Sunday football. Just don’t dress like a fuckin W#%£€!

Re: So this is what mobsters look like now? - 01/21/23 07:30 PM

The question is: did he actually gave himself the "Peter Pan" nickname? If that's the case, I think that's a bigger crime against taste and self-respect than the hat he's wearing in that picture.

Peter Pan is a little bitch!

Re: So this is what mobsters look like now? - 01/21/23 08:04 PM

Peter Pan is an insult not a term of endearment.
Penesi claimed to have given him that moniker

Based on the stories from J.P. his standing in the Luchese Borgata was equivalent to Matthew Bevaloqua in the Soprano’s.

Just a DUMB FUCK that is doing a DIME PIECE, for no good reason.

He coulda shoulda stuck to white collar he could have scammed $10-$20MM Dollars and received less jail time. No but the dumb fuck to gain brownie points he burns the car, mandatory sentence for Arson, conversely had he just slashed the guys tires and broken all the windows he would have received a slap on the wrist.

I guess that’s the problem with ALOT of “WISE-GUYS” of today, they are the OPPOSITE OF WISE.

Re: So this is what mobsters look like now? - 01/21/23 08:19 PM

Based on the stories from J.P. his standing in the Luchese Borgata was equivalent to Matthew Bevaloqua in the Soprano’s.

He coulda shoulda stuck to white collar he could have scammed $10-$20MM Dollars and received less jail time. No but the dumb fuck to gain brownie points he burns the car, mandatory sentence for Arson, conversely had he just slashed the guys tires and broken all the windows he would have received a slap on the wrist.

I guess that’s the problem with ALOT of “WISE-GUYS” of today, they are the OPPOSITE OF WISE.

Thank you for the responses so far. Much appreciated! By the way Peter Pans leader is named Penis with an E at the end if you unscramble the letters.
Posted By: blueracing347

Re: So this is what mobsters look like now? - 01/21/23 09:07 PM

There's that pic of the Bergin crew where one guy is wearing cut off jean shorts. They're all dressed pretty sloppy. But it looks like a hot summer day. I don't know if it's a prison thing, but I get a kick out of seeing the mobsters having pressed pants in their prison pics. That says a lot. I recall that Rothstein was the one that groomed Luciano and company in the appearance of business men. As mentioned before, everyone dressed in slacks and fedoras. There's a difference between where you the candy store owner buys his and the man on Wall Street buys his. Manicures, shined shoes, neatly cut hair, it all shows that you have respect for yourself. I can't stand when I see a doctor at work with those nasty black shoes that at supposed to look like dress shoes. It reminds me of the days of working in the kitchen at red lobster.

Re: So this is what mobsters look like now? - 01/21/23 09:09 PM

Originally Posted by blueracing347
There's that pic of the Bergin crew where one guy is wearing cut off jean shorts. They're all dressed pretty sloppy. But it looks like a hot summer day. I don't know if it's a prison thing, but I get a kick out of seeing the mobsters having pressed pants in their prison pics. That says a lot. I recall that Rothstein was the one that groomed Luciano and company in the appearance of business men. As mentioned before, everyone dressed in slacks and fedoras. There's a difference between where you the candy store owner buys his and the man on Wall Street buys his. Manicures, shined shoes, neatly cut hair, it all shows that you have respect for yourself. I can't stand when I see a doctor at work with those nasty black shoes that at supposed to look like dress shoes. It reminds me of the days of working in the kitchen at red lobster.

Well said!

Re: So this is what mobsters look like now? - 01/21/23 10:08 PM

Look all we are asking is they dress like Italians. Look at how people dress in Italy, all about fashion over there with designer clothing. The young Italian Americans should take their advice.

Americans tend to over-romanticize Italy and Europe in general.

Italy is not stuck in the 60s.

Young Italians dress as causally and rap-influenced as young Italian-Americans. Especially in the urban areas. Half of my family lives there and the “ragazzi” all look like gangbangers from French hoods, with tight gym pants with hoodies. Take a look at the massive “trap” music scene. It’s where 90% of Italians aged 15-27 take their fashion cues for when they’re hanging out. My youngest cousins dress in light grey jogging pants even at school!

Take a look at some pictures of any young wannabes or associate of Italian criminal groups (from Rome’s gangs to the Camorra) and you’ll see what I’m talking about.

There was even a big gossip “scandal” a few years ago when a made guy berated a youngster he mentored when he went to get his button wearing jeans. I think it happened in Palermo.

Re: So this is what mobsters look like now? - 01/21/23 10:50 PM

Originally Posted by Giacalone

Indeed but he doesn't walk in Armani or Valentino all day lol. In Europe most of the guys walk in casual designer clothes like Messina Denaro. But track suits in and around the house are also comfortable.

Re: So this is what mobsters look like now? - 01/21/23 11:12 PM

I believe the culture of human beings is getting more trashy as the years go on. All races are doing this and people just don’t have a sense of fashion anymore. For example, 20 years ago when I would go out to the nightclubs, you never heard someone say “wow it’s so nice to see someone dressed up, I wish more people dressed like you do.”

It’s really pathetic now when you dress nice people think you are arrogant and try too hard to impress others. Everyone thinks you are overdressed instead unless you hang out in Palm Beach or Boca Raton.

Re: So this is what mobsters look like now? - 01/21/23 11:18 PM

Originally Posted by Hollander

Indeed but he doesn't walk in Armani or Valentino all day lol. In Europe most of the guys walk in casual designer clothes like Messina Denaro. But track suits in and around the house are also comfortable.

I know so many rich people who dress like bums. You would never in a million years think they are worth what they are worth if you didn't already know. A lot of artists who made it big still get some of their clothes from flea markets and second hand shops because they crave vintage. If you ever come to LA, check out the Melrose Trading Post. It's not my scene, but a lot of celebs go there

Re: So this is what mobsters look like now? - 01/21/23 11:28 PM

I know so many rich people who dress like bums. You would never in a million years think they are worth what they are worth if you didn't already know. A lot of artists who made it big still get some of their clothes from flea markets and second hand shops because they crave vintage. If you ever come to LA, check out the Melrose Trading Post. It's not my scene, but a lot of celebs go there

Interesting I like fashion and nice suits but I also like Levi's 501.

Re: So this is what mobsters look like now? - 01/21/23 11:30 PM

Interesting I like fashion and nice suits but I also like Levis 501.

There’s nothing wrong with those. You don’t dress like a W$&@?!

Re: So this is what mobsters look like now? - 01/21/23 11:38 PM

Speaking of Italy, I wish we had a Jerry Capeci equivalent over there who spoke perfect English.

Re: So this is what mobsters look like now? - 01/21/23 11:54 PM

Haha clothing does make the man!

Re: So this is what mobsters look like now? - 01/22/23 12:22 AM

Haha clothing does make the man!

Levi’s are actually a great jean!

Re: So this is what mobsters look like now? - 01/22/23 12:42 AM

Men's fashion is actually one of my passions. I'm a bit of a snob though lol

Re: So this is what mobsters look like now? - 01/23/23 02:22 AM

If you want to see a sloppy bunch of mob guys, check out the arrest photos of the Springfield Crew of the Genovese Family taken down in the East Coast Mafia Enterprise in 2016. Now those are some slobs!

Re: So this is what mobsters look like now? - 01/23/23 02:42 AM

If you want to see a sloppy bunch of mob guys, check out the arrest photos of the Springfield Crew of the Genovese Family taken down in the East Coast Mafia Enterprise in 2016. Now those are some slobs!

Let me go look! Be back with my review shortly!

Re: So this is what mobsters look like now? - 01/23/23 02:45 AM

Definitely got caught off guard.

Peter Pan is still way worse.

Re: So this is what mobsters look like now? - 01/23/23 05:28 AM

Thank you for the responses so far. Much appreciated! By the way Peter Pans leader is named Penis with an E at the end if you unscramble the letters.

Thats PRETTY FUNNY

Re: So this is what mobsters look like now? - 01/23/23 05:13 PM

Oh for sure. Except for Richard Valentini - who looked respectable - those were some of the sloppiest looking mobsters I've ever seen.
Anybody ever saw a picture of Anthony Scibelli? Fucking hell, there's no reason a person should let himself go like that whether you're a civilian or a mobster.

Re: So this is what mobsters look like now? - 01/23/23 05:57 PM

Oh for sure. Except for Richard Valentini - who looked respectable - those were some of the sloppiest looking mobsters I've ever seen.
Anybody ever saw a picture of Anthony Scibelli? Fucking hell, there's no reason a person should let himself go like that whether you're a civilian or a mobster.

Agreed! You ever see the movie Hellraiser? That guy looks like Butterball.

https://the-dead-meat.fandom.com/wiki/Butterball

Re: So this is what mobsters look like now? - 01/23/23 08:10 PM

LMFAO exactly what I was thinking of when I first saw his picture!

Re: So this is what mobsters look like now? - 01/23/23 08:17 PM

LMFAO exactly what I was thinking of when I first saw his picture!

Lol glad you saw what I did!

Re: So this is what mobsters look like now? - 01/24/23 08:45 AM

One of biggest differences is the absence of Social Clubs, guy in crews were required to show up dressed up, sometimes 1X or 2X’s per week to check in with their boss.

Just about everyone was dressed up and everyone from the neighborhood and L.E. knew what they were.

This is not happening on a large or regular scale anymore.

It’s almost like LCN’s version of working from home.

Before Covid, if you worked in the your office everyday you had to get dressed, during Covid you no longer had to show up at work.

So as you are working from home are you dressing the same? NO..

Same thing with LCN, no longer required to meet and get dressed up for the weekly meetings.

Lastly let us not forget the PREJUDICE AGAINST ITALIANS, if you dress nice, have a nice car, walk with a little bit of swagger, you are attracting unwanted attention to yourself.

Today you wanna have people fooled if you are smart so you don’t to look like John Gotti, you want to look like Carlo Gambino.

Dress like Cali did or Mannino does, UNASSUMING.

That’s not the secret potion but hopefully enough to keep the feds off your back for a while, which is the best you can hope for today.

Is a nice run at the top.

Back then it was never spending time in jail, that’s not likely for a boss today.

Re: So this is what mobsters look like now? - 01/24/23 09:18 AM

One of biggest differences is the absence of Social Clubs, guy in crews were required to show up dressed up, sometimes 1X or 2X’s per week to check in with their boss.

Just about everyone was dressed up and everyone from the neighborhood and L.E. knew what they were.

Before Covid, if you worked in the your office everyday you had to get dressed, during Covid you no longer had to show up at work.

Same thing with LCN, no longer required to meet and get dressed up for the weekly meetings.

Lastly let us not forget the PREJUDICE AGAINST ITALIANS, if you dress nice, have a nice car, walk with a little bit of swagger, you are attracting unwanted attention to yourself.

Today you wanna have people fooled if you are smart so you don’t to look like John Gotti, you want to look like Carlo Gambino.

That’s not the secret potion but hopefully enough to keep the feds off your back for a while, which is the best you can hope for today.

Back then it was never spending time in jail, that’s not likely for a boss today.

Years ago. Actually decades back, in fact, it often paid to be a knockaround guy or wiseguy. Your chances of earning big money, (a fortune in fact) were much greater, and going away to jail we're much smaller. There were tons of rackets out there to earn with also. So a lot of guys who came from poor families often went that route.

But as the decades passed, that ratio flipped. And today its to the point were your chances of earning big, big money from so many racket opportunities is small, while the chances of getting yourself locked up, for a long jail bid, is great!

Years back, they were called "wiseguys" for a reason! They played the percentages and lived life on the edge, but that life offered many alluring advantages for a tough kid who had moxie and smarts.

Today? The smarter guys know that its not "wise" to jump head first into the rackets anymore. With few exceptions, unfortunately, only the "Dumbguys" are lured to the rackets today.

Re: So this is what mobsters look like now? - 01/24/23 12:36 PM

If you guys were to guess what do you think the average income is per year for the following…

Associate

Soldier

Capo

Street boss

Consigliere

Underboss

Boss

Re: So this is what mobsters look like now? - 01/24/23 03:26 PM

Rush, to answer your question, me personally, I could care less what they make. I actually like it being a mystery, and as you said, all anyone can do is guess anyway.

Re: So this is what mobsters look like now? - 01/24/23 03:29 PM

There's been a few rats who gave a breakdown of what they make, but wiseguys lie all the time, even when they're rats.
Posted By: dsd

Re: So this is what mobsters look like now? - 01/24/23 04:19 PM

Good one @rush street you won't use a racist word but you'll just make a racist comment

Re: So this is what mobsters look like now? - 01/24/23 04:29 PM

Originally Posted by dsd

Good one @rush street you won't use a racist word but you'll just make a racist comment

Assumptions are not a good thing.

Re: So this is what mobsters look like now? - 01/25/23 12:43 AM

Men's fashion is actually one of my passions. I'm a bit of a snob though lol

Casual mostly Hugo Boss, Ralph Lauren, Emporio Armani, CP company etc...

Re: So this is what mobsters look like now? - 01/25/23 01:21 AM

Lol you're talking about people who are living their life in such a way that you say the best they can hope for is to keep the feds off their back and not spend to much time in the joint.

And blaming prejudice against Italians at the same time.

Re: So this is what mobsters look like now? - 01/25/23 01:29 AM

Skip ahead to 2:20, one of Jackie Jr's funniest lines

https://youtu.be/AGaSRqixkv8

Re: So this is what mobsters look like now? - 02/06/23 05:29 PM

Was thinking about this a little bit ago. It just dawned on me that most mob guys in the modern era grew up in areas of the city where the style of dress all through high school was influenced by rappers and hip hop. These guys like Peter Pan don't really know any better. Lets be honest, the mob isn't recruiting kids who grow up in the Hamptons and dress in designer clothing that would be labeled as "preppy" by city kids. The kids in the city dress to fit in and thats why you see them dressing like shit.

Re: So this is what mobsters look like now? - 02/06/23 08:07 PM

It’s really the older generations fault for putting up with it and not grooming the newer generation properly.
It was up to them to tell the associates that came around if you want to come around here you cannot dress like that.

We are not GANGBANGERS that are wearing saggy pants and dread locks in our hair, if that’s what you want to hang out in the projects or wherever the f—K..

There USED TO BE A STRICT DRESS CODE, I do NOT believe that exists any more.

Re: So this is what mobsters look like now? - 02/06/23 08:14 PM

It’s really the older generations fault for putting up with it and not grooming the newer generation properly.
It was up to them to tell the associates that came around if you want to come around here you cannot dress like that.

We are not GANGBANGERS that are wearing saggy pants and dread locks in our hair, if that’s what you want to hang out in the projects or wherever the f—K..

There USED TO BE A STRICT DRESS CODE, I do NOT believe that exists any more.

Exactly. I don't know what the fuck it is. What is so hard about laying down a dress code that requires you to dress with style and class?

It blows my mind to be honest with you.

What also blows my mind are companies that allow their workers that work in the office to show up looking like they just woke up out of bed.

I feel like I'm the only one left anymore that actually wears dress shoes and slacks with a nice shirt or sweater to work anymore.

American culture frustrates the fuck out of me, its fucking depressing and pathetic! Show some fuckin respect for yourself! Stop showing up to work the next day wearing old wrinkled clothes with stains on them from your drunken bender you went on the night before smelling like shit!
Posted By: DiLorenzo

Re: So this is what mobsters look like now? - 02/07/23 07:28 PM

A lot of people like to point out Chin Gigante, but I heard that he actually wore a suit under that bathrobe, which was revealed at meetings after removing it. .

I've seen Joe Coffey and the head of the Genovese squad both claim to have seen Gigante wearing a suit under his robe, in fact the one even claimed it was a shark skin suit he was wearing...I guess they both forgot their camera's that day, unfortunately for them !!

Re: So this is what mobsters look like now? - 02/08/23 05:26 PM

The Problem is that its unfortunate but very true. Modern day Italians are too Americanized and don't know how to fucking dress just like every other American no matter what nationality they are. Sorry its just the facts! Wearing pajamas and shit when they go grocery shopping. Or oversized sweat shirts and fucking sweat pants they just throw on out of bed. Its fucking pathetic really.

The stereotype of Italians dressing well is a myth. Sure you got some old timers who still take pride in the way they dress but for the most part most Italians dress like any other American bum on the street.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET