Home

Messina Denaro arrested!!

Posted By: Hollander

Messina Denaro arrested!! - 01/16/23 09:04 AM

Wow..
Posted By: Strax

Re: Messina Denaro arrested!! - 01/16/23 09:11 AM

Exactly my reaction when i saw news this morning , first thing i did was come here and post it. Unreal
Posted By: Kese

Re: Messina Denaro arrested!! - 01/16/23 09:14 AM

Wow! after all these years

Re: Messina Denaro arrested!! - 01/16/23 09:16 AM

Wonder how did this happen , he had protection of some of the most powerful people in Italy.

Re: Messina Denaro arrested!! - 01/16/23 09:19 AM

To the day exactly 30 years after Riina's arrest they waited for this moment.

Re: Messina Denaro arrested!! - 01/16/23 09:21 AM

Originally Posted by Hollander
To the day exactly 30 years after Riina's arrest they waited for this moment.

Riina got arrested on 15 January 1993,almost.Wonder if they really waited for this moment.

Re: Messina Denaro arrested!! - 01/16/23 09:31 AM

[Linked Image]

Re: Messina Denaro arrested!! - 01/16/23 09:43 AM

He does resemble to age progression photo.

Re: Messina Denaro arrested!! - 01/16/23 09:46 AM

Originally Posted by Strax
He does resemble to age progression photo.

Yes they only had old pictures and some pentiti describing how he now looked.
Posted By: NYMafia

Re: Messina Denaro arrested!! - 01/16/23 09:47 AM

[Linked Image]

Good photo of his capture,

Re: Messina Denaro arrested!! - 01/16/23 10:00 AM

You can't hide in Sicily for 30 years , its a small island , someone decided its his time probably , wonder if someone will replace him and will Palermo take back control of mafia , this is end of Corleonesi era.
Posted By: furio_from_naples

Re: Messina Denaro arrested!! - 01/16/23 10:21 AM

You can't hide in Sicily for 30 years , its a small island , someone decided its his time probably , wonder if someone will replace him and will Palermo take back control of mafia , this is end of Corleonesi era.

The Corleonesi era ended with Provenzano arrest in 2006. In Palermo the families with the return of the scappati in the 1980s tried to rebuilt a Cosa Nostra Commision but was all arrested before can do it.

Re: Messina Denaro arrested!! - 01/16/23 10:28 AM

Very similar to the arrest of Toto Riina. Riina's family always suspected that Provenzano gave him up to very high government people.

Re: Messina Denaro arrested!! - 01/16/23 10:40 AM

https://www.la7.it/intanto/video/matteo-messina-denaro-il-video-dellarresto-16-01-2023-468089

Re: Messina Denaro arrested!! - 01/16/23 10:59 AM

https://twitter.com/i/status/1614938929081487362
Posted By: Liggio

Re: Messina Denaro arrested!! - 01/16/23 11:07 AM

Wow! Now watch everyone say that this is the end of the Mafia, the same thing they said after the arrest of Salvatore Riina and again after the arrest of Bernardo Provenzano. It never fails. Though I do wonder if he's the last of the great fugitives. I don't think we'll be seeing many more on the run for several decades at a time.
Posted By: m2w

Re: Messina Denaro arrested!! - 01/16/23 11:16 AM

police also nabbed his driver Giovanni Luppino

Re: Messina Denaro arrested!! - 01/16/23 11:22 AM

Messina Denaro's arrest: Meloni hails victory of the State
Fight against the mafia will continue unabated says premier

(ANSA) - ROME, JAN 16 - Premier Giorgia Meloni on Monday hailed the arrest of Mafia boss Matteo Messina Denaro as a "great victory for the State".
Noting that it happened the day after the anniversary of late Cosa Nostra boss-of.bosses Totò Riina's arrest in 1993, she said it shows that the State "does not give up in the face of the Mafia".
"My warmest thanks and those of the entire government go to the police forces, in particular to the Carabinieri Ros section, the National Anti-Mafia Prosecutor's Office, and the Palermo Prosecutor's Office, for the capture of the most significant figure in the mafia," she added.
"The government will make sure that the fight against mafia crime continues without respite, as demonstrated by the fact that this executive's first measure - the defence of the 'carcere ostativo' (tough prison regime for mafia convicts) - concerned precisely this matter." (ANSA).

Re: Messina Denaro arrested!! - 01/16/23 11:36 AM

Messina Denaro, the women and loves of the boss
Andrea, Francesca, Maria: the conquests of the play boy mafia boss

By Franco Nicastro
January 16, 2023
10:21am
NEWS

At first it was Andrea, a young Austrian who had driven him crazy.

Then Francesca arrived, who also gave Matteo Messina Denaro a daughter.

And between one story and another in the godfather's life, Maria broke in and also got a sentence for aiding and abetting him for having hosted and accompanied him during his fugitive. The presence of so many women already traces the profile of a "modern" boss who, at least in private life, has marked a strong discontinuity with the system of family and sentimental values ??of the traditional mafia. Of all the women who have been attributed to him, Maria Mesi is the one who perhaps counted the most in Messina Denaro's life.

Certainly the one that has not made him lack passionate attestations of love together with the tender attentions of a caring companion. "You are the most beautiful thing there is" is the message that he had entrusted to one of the "pizzini", intercepted by investigators. Maria was also thinking about Matteo's innocent pastimes with Nintendo video games, still of the first generation. Attentions that intertwined with the confidences of two lovers.

From the correspondence that came out in the house of Filippo Guttadauro, brother-in-law and liaison between the fugitive boss and his world, the intimate thoughts of a clandestine couple have resurfaced. Maria signed herself and called herself Mari or Mariella. "I would have liked to have known you since I was a child and grow up with you, surely I would have combined all the colors with you because as a child I was a tomboy", she wrote to him. As she grew up, she no longer thought about pranks. She shared with Diabolik the hardships of a menage with little intimacy but also the rare moments of escape and holidays. Like the one in August 1995 in a residence made available by the boss Vito Mazzara (the instigator of the killing of Mauro Rostagno) in San Vito Lo Capo, between the sandy beach,

In this environment, which was that of his criminal reign, Matteo Messina Denaro could move with fearless security because he was surrounded by trusted friends and supporters. Only one caution to Vincenzo Sinacori, who later became repentant, remained in his memory. The godfather used to call his wife by another name, Tecla. More risky because faced without any protective net the holiday in Greece the year before, which the boss had organized under the false name of Matteo Cracolici and always with his partner. Before Mariella conquered him, Diabolik's fame as a fatal man had impressed Andrea Hasleher, a young and beautiful Austrian who worked in a hotel in Selinunte. Matteo Messina Denaro, not yet a Diabolik but already in his career, attended the hotel and the woman who at one point moved into a villa in Triscina rented by the boss. The sudden change had an explanation: the hotel manager, Nicola Consales, had fallen in love with her, who in 1991 was killed in Palermo with two point-blank shots after having confided to his collaborators that he would soon have "these four mafiosos" kicked out. of Matthew's friends. The chronicles of that tragic love story tell that, after the crime, Messina Denaro went to visit his friend in Austria. And they don't add anything else because in the meantime another story was born with Francesca Alagna, sister of the trusted accountant of the former owner of Valtur, Carmelo Patti, suspected of being a figurehead of her godfather. From the relationship with Francesca Alagna in 1996 Messina Denaro had a daughter Lorenza. Never known, he confided to a friend, even if the woman and the girl were welcomed from the first moment at the boss's mother's house in Castelvetrano. They left only in 2013. It has never been clarified whether it was an act of rebellion by the girl or, as appears more probable, a choice caused by the fact that mother and daughter were no longer able to live in a house besieged by the police and carabinieri. In 2021 Lorenza had a child who is not called Matteo like her grandfather. (HANDLE).
Posted By: Jules_X

Re: Messina Denaro arrested!! - 01/16/23 11:40 AM

It is indeed bizarre - as in they waited it out. Arrested in a hospital - to the best of my knowledge Provenzano - during treatment - almost got pinched in a hospital in Marseille. Seems like the state is sending a message to Cosa Nostra with this date (15/01/1993). I can't really remember why Provenzano went to Marseille but I think it was for something specific they couldn't treat him for in Italy. At a certain point (i guess 25 years ago) new hospital equipment (supposedly top level at that time) was sent to Sicily. Provenzano created his own companies for this to skim these profits - The irony they arrest Denaro in a hospital in Palermo
Posted By: MeyerLansky

Re: Messina Denaro arrested!! - 01/16/23 11:40 AM

wow ! !
Posted By: GangstersInc

Re: Messina Denaro arrested!! - 01/16/23 11:42 AM

Too old for this sh*t? Italian police arrest Sicilian Mafia’s boss of bosses Matteo Messina Denaro https://gangstersinc.org/blog/too-old-for-this-sh-t-italian-police-arrest-sicilian-mafia-s-boss

Re: Messina Denaro arrested!! - 01/16/23 11:43 AM

So in other words they could've arrested him sooner but waited for this day. They're really no different from the Mafia, the State just wants to be the top dog.

Re: Messina Denaro arrested!! - 01/16/23 11:51 AM

He was treated in that clinic for over a year under a false name Andrea Bonafede, when approached by police he said "My name is Matteo Messina Denaro". Looks like he has cancer.

Re: Messina Denaro arrested!! - 01/16/23 11:52 AM

Originally Posted by Liggio
So in other words they could've arrested him sooner but waited for this day. They're really no different from the Mafia, the State just wants to be the top dog.

He had having treatment at the clinic, which is called 'La Maddalena', for over a year, sources said.

Re: Messina Denaro arrested!! - 01/16/23 11:54 AM

He was treated in that clinic for over a year under a false name Andrea Bonafede, when approached by police he said "My name is Matteo Messina Denaro". Looks like he has cancer.

Wonder how much he has left.

Re: Messina Denaro arrested!! - 01/16/23 11:54 AM

Yep last year sources said he was probably sick.

Re: Messina Denaro arrested!! - 01/16/23 11:56 AM

He had having treatment at the clinic, which is called 'La Maddalena', for over a year, sources said.

Clinic is getting review bombed on Google.

Re: Messina Denaro arrested!! - 01/16/23 12:08 PM

Cheering crowd sees Mafia boss arrested in Sicily

https://www.telegraaf.nl/video/1395168872/juichende-menigte-ziet-arrestatie-maffiabaas-op-sicilie
Posted By: CleanBandit

Re: Messina Denaro arrested!! - 01/16/23 12:18 PM

Damn this is huge! Wonder who gave him up.

Re: Messina Denaro arrested!! - 01/16/23 12:22 PM

Originally Posted by CleanBandit

The same ones that were protecting him all this time.
Posted By: CabriniGreen

Re: Messina Denaro arrested!! - 01/16/23 12:25 PM

Originally Posted by furio_from_naples

The Corleonesi era ended with Provenzano arrest in 2006. In Palermo the families with the return of the scappati in the 1980s tried to rebuilt a Cosa Nostra Commision but was all arrested before can do it.

Not quite Fur...... I posted several articles across the street, Palermo Don's were still communicating with him through the note system...... seeing his approval on the big mafia matters....

Re: Messina Denaro arrested!! - 01/16/23 12:29 PM

Originally Posted by CabriniGreen

Not quite Fur...... I posted several articles across the street, Palermo Don's were still communicating with him through the note system...... seeing his approval on the big mafia matters....

Trapani is powerful as Palermo if not more , they are also very well connected with local masonic lodges like Iside. We will see how things play out after this

Re: Messina Denaro arrested!! - 01/16/23 12:29 PM

Boiardo said it 2 months ago, he said he was sick and that they would arrest him in order to a present to the actual government lol he also said that it has something to do with life sentence law
https://youtu.be/5vYTD7uDy0A

Re: Messina Denaro arrested!! - 01/16/23 12:30 PM

The same ones that were protecting him all this time.

Yep but it'd be interesting to know who those people were exactly - obviously powerful politicians (maybe wealthy businessmen included as well).

Also, it'd be interesting to hear the conversation where they decided to bring the hammer down on him after all of these years. I know it's never going to happen but still...

Re: Messina Denaro arrested!! - 01/16/23 12:32 PM

Originally Posted by m2w

Boiardo said it 2 months ago, he said he was sick and that they would arrest him in order to a present to the actual government lol he also said that it has something to do with life sentence law

"May a little gift arrive?...Maybe, let's assume, that a Matteo Messina Denaro is very ill and makes a deal to surrender himself to make a sensational arrest?"

Very interesting indeed.

Re: Messina Denaro arrested!! - 01/16/23 12:38 PM

Wow that's actually very likely what happened

Re: Messina Denaro arrested!! - 01/16/23 12:38 PM

Yep but it'd be interesting to know who those people were exactly - obviously powerful politicians (maybe wealthy businessmen included as well).

Also, it'd be interesting to hear the conversation where they decided to bring the hammer down on him after all of these years. I know it's never going to happen but still...

His father was never caught , back in the day they were close with masonic lodge P2 , Matteo was very well protected by same people , secret services etc

Re: Messina Denaro arrested!! - 01/16/23 12:54 PM

Originally Posted by m2w

"May a little gift arrive?...Maybe, let's assume, that a Matteo Messina Denaro is very ill and makes a deal to surrender himself to make a sensational arrest?"

Very interesting indeed.

He sure did have the time to put in place a new regime.
Posted By: RushStreet

Re: Messina Denaro arrested!! - 01/16/23 01:49 PM

I would have loved to see this guys house. Has to be gigantic.

Re: Messina Denaro arrested!! - 01/16/23 02:19 PM

He sure did have the time to put in place a new regime.

When asked "When will Matteo Messina Denaro be arrested?" He answers "The dates speak for themselves". Him being arrested exactly 30 years after Riina.
Posted By: Giacalone

Re: Messina Denaro arrested!! - 01/16/23 03:24 PM

This is crazy! A great day for Italy
Posted By: TheKillingJoke

Re: Messina Denaro arrested!! - 01/16/23 04:26 PM

There isn't going to be a bigger story in the underworld this year. That's for sure.

Re: Messina Denaro arrested!! - 01/16/23 04:27 PM

Re: Messina Denaro arrested!! - 01/16/23 04:46 PM

Posted By: Millspgh

Re: Messina Denaro arrested!! - 01/16/23 04:48 PM

I guess you can hide in Italy for 30 years, but not a day longer.
I am curious, was he in charge for the last 30 years or was he in hiding with no contact like a Whitey Bulger for example? I am not knowledgeable about the Italy Mafia Families and names and hierarchy, etc.
Seems like it would be hard to rule that long without showing your face, your soldiers would assume you died years ago and they were being fed BS.

Thanks for posting

Re: Messina Denaro arrested!! - 01/16/23 04:56 PM

[Linked Image]

Re: Messina Denaro arrested!! - 01/16/23 05:08 PM

(VIDEO) Telephone interceptions and serious health problems. How Messina Denaro was arrested
by: Redaction - of 2023-01-16

The intuition of about three months ago that led to the arrest of the boss after 30 years on the run came from the wiretapping of Messina Denaro's relatives in recent months. Someone in the family, as confirmedLivesicilia.it, he was sick. The name and surname were not mentioned and from there the new lead that led to the arrest of Matteo Messina Denaro started.

From the insights into the health sector, it emerged of a sixty-year-old who in the past underwent surgery at the La Maddalena clinic in Palermo for colon cancer. Further investigating the medical records, it emerged that Matteo Messina Denaro (alias Andrea Bonafede) had to perform some preparatory analyzes at the beginning of a cycle of chemotherapy.

On the date of the first intervention, however, it was ascertained that the telephone cell of the real Bonafede (nephew of the historic mafia boss Leonardo) confirmed his presence in Campobello di Mazara and not in the place where the intervention was carried out.

This resulted in the confirmation that the operation had been performed in favor of another person. The clues converge and hence the choice of the investigators to organize the blitz inside the clinic where the arrest took place.

Colon cancer and liver cancer prompted Messina Denaro to come out of his hiding place and travel by car with Giovanni Luppino from Campobello (also arrested) without escaping the radar of the investigators who had been working on his arrest for years.

Re: Messina Denaro arrested!! - 01/16/23 05:23 PM

Originally Posted by Millspgh

I am curious, was he in charge for the last 30 years or was he in hiding with no contact like a Whitey Bulger for example?
Thanks for posting

He was very much in charge , last word in every important decision was his. He is most influential mafioso in Italy for sure. Provenzano managed 43 years on the run , while still being in charge , corruption in South Italy and connections with masonic lodges,secret services allows you that.
Posted By: Mafia101

Re: Messina Denaro arrested!! - 01/16/23 05:27 PM

Originally Posted by m2w

What do you mean something to do with the life sentence law?

Re: Messina Denaro arrested!! - 01/16/23 05:35 PM

I am curious, was he in charge for the last 30 years or was he in hiding with no contact like a Whitey Bulger for example?
Thanks for posting

He was very much in charge , last word in every important decision was his. He is most influential mafioso in Italy for sure. Provenzano managed 43 years on the run , while still being in charge , corruption in South Italy and connections with masonic lodges,secret services allows you that.

If he wasn't ill he wouldn't be caught yet, his prognosis doesn't look good. Interesting times ahead for Cosa Nostra possible power struggle?

Re: Messina Denaro arrested!! - 01/16/23 05:36 PM

In this guys prime he was nothing but a terrorist and child killer. Guy was a piece of fucking shit just like those cartel bosses down in Mexico.

Good riddance to this guy the world is better off with him off the streets of Italy.

Re: Messina Denaro arrested!! - 01/16/23 06:05 PM

If he wasn't ill he wouldn't be caught yet, his prognosis doesn't look good. Interesting times ahead for Cosa Nostra possible power struggle?

I don't think he will live to see 2024.

Re: Messina Denaro arrested!! - 01/16/23 06:21 PM

The government over there is just as guilty, you really think the Mafia acts alone? Even if you took the mob out of the picture, government and big business would still be doing the same scummy things like in America. Just look at the day he was caught. This shit looks planned.

Re: Messina Denaro arrested!! - 01/16/23 06:29 PM

Thanks for posting

Very influential, but "never" the sole leader of the Sicilian Mafia, the chief prosecutor of Palermo Maurizio de Lucia said on Monday.

Re: Messina Denaro arrested!! - 01/16/23 07:09 PM

Originally Posted by RushStreet
In this guys prime he was nothing but a terrorist and child killer. Guy was a piece of fucking shit just like those cartel bosses down in Mexico.

Good riddance to this guy the world is better off with him off the streets of Italy.

Not trying to stir up shit, but just a question as I'm curious about your opinion.

Do you think that the US born mobsters would be any different if they were born in Italy and joined the Mafia in Italy?

Or alternatively, if the US was anything like Italy in terms of corruption and allowing all of those killings to happen that the US mobsters would not do the same stuff that's happening in Italy?

Again, not trying to pick a fight with anyone just wondering what the opinion is.

Re: Messina Denaro arrested!! - 01/16/23 07:21 PM

As anticipated, there is another factor to take into account: the criminal thickness of the 'Ndrangheta, now clearly superior to that of the Cosa Nostra. The Sicilian mafia has weakened a lot after the massacres and excellent arrests, with the capture of all the members of the " Cupola ". Sicilian organized crime has to deal with a leadership problem, Ciconte reflected: "In the 'Ndrangheta this problem does not exist because it is strong, unlike the Sicilian mafia it is present throughout Italy, no region excluded, and is present throughout Europe and on all continents. It is therefore clear that it is a major force of the Sicilian mafia” . Returning to the legacy of Messina Denaro, who will now command the "Dome"? “Diabolik” may have raised his owndolphin : “It is likely that someone raised him, even if we don't know who. This is out of the question. But from hiding it is much more complicated " .
Posted By: TonyG

Re: Messina Denaro arrested!! - 01/16/23 07:39 PM

Have not posted in a long time, but could not resist when I saw this news. I wonder who is next in line. Only time will tell.

Re: Messina Denaro arrested!! - 01/16/23 07:52 PM

Not trying to stir up shit, but just a question as I'm curious about your opinion.

Do you think that the US born mobsters would be any different if they were born in Italy and joined the Mafia in Italy?

Or alternatively, if the US was anything like Italy in terms of corruption and allowing all of those killings to happen that the US mobsters would not do the same stuff that's happening in Italy?

Again, not trying to pick a fight with anyone just wondering what the opinion is.

No offense taken CleanBandit!

My answer to you is yes I think if the guys over here were born in Italy and were involved in the mafia out there, that yes they would more than likely commit the same crimes as we are reading about today. But as we both know things are handled differently over here, much more differently. Do killings happen? Yes. Is there some stuff that has gone down here that is brutal and barbaric? Yes of course. But its not nearly as common over here as it is in Italy. Killing a child would get you killed over here by many bosses also and that is a fact. The mafia in Italy on another hand just look at it as another day in the office to get what they want.

Re: Messina Denaro arrested!! - 01/16/23 08:03 PM

I think so as well - the only difference is the laws of a country but at the end of the day if given the chance, about 95% (if not more) of the criminals would do whatever they need to gain power/money.

Re: Messina Denaro arrested!! - 01/16/23 08:53 PM

I think so as well - the only difference is the laws of a country but at the end of the day if given the chance, about 95% (if not more) of the criminals would do whatever they need to gain power/money.

So things like child killers are not looked down upon as much in Italy, as they are in the United States? Is that correct? The penalties are not as harsh in Italy?

Re: Messina Denaro arrested!! - 01/16/23 09:22 PM

Originally Posted by Mafia101
Originally Posted by m2w

What do you mean something to do with the life sentence law?

the parliament have to modify the 4 bis law (life sentence aggravated by mafia-type association), and according to Baiardo, messina Denaro let police to nab him in order to go out of prison other bosses, the Graviano brothers for example

Re: Messina Denaro arrested!! - 01/16/23 09:34 PM

i also wonder because they nabbed him into a clinic instead to follow him in order to search his home

Re: Messina Denaro arrested!! - 01/16/23 10:50 PM

Here is the document that Matteo Messina Denaro had exhibited during hospital visits and interventions. The document was made out to Luca Bonafede, a surveyor by profession and resident in Campobello di Mazara. The investigators will clarify. Meanwhile, it emerged that the boss had a 35,000-euro Richard Mille watch on his wrist, "He was well dressed, good-looking, wore decidedly luxury goods," said the deputy prosecutor of the Palermo DDA, Paolo Guido.

[Linked Image]

Re: Messina Denaro arrested!! - 01/16/23 10:57 PM

MMD was "Helped by the Sicilian bourgeoisie", there has certainly been an important slice of the bourgeoisie who has helped Messina Denaro over the years and our investigations are now focusing on this". This was declared by the prosecutor Maurizio de Lucia who announced sweeping investigations aimed at identifying who helped him all those years.

He would have been vaccinated 3 times against covid at the Castelvetrano vaccination hub as a fragile subject. The first dose was administered on March 18, 2021.

At the end of the press conference it was confirmed that Matteo Messina Denaro "will undergo chemotherapy in an appropriate facility in the coming days".

Re: Messina Denaro arrested!! - 01/16/23 11:14 PM

So things like child killers are not looked down upon as much in Italy, as they are in the United States? Is that correct? The penalties are not as harsh in Italy?

He helped in the kidnap of the boy in an attempt to blackmail his father into not giving evidence, but I don't think he was involved in the murder. two years later. The murderers were Enzo Brusca, Vincenzo Chiodo and Salvatore Monticciolo on the orders of Giovanni Brusca.

Re: Messina Denaro arrested!! - 01/16/23 11:32 PM

Brusca was much worse he stated that he had between 200 and 300 murders on his conscience, but could not remember the exact number. He became pentito and is now a free man doesn't make sense does it?

Re: Messina Denaro arrested!! - 01/16/23 11:37 PM

Brusca was much worse he stated that he had between 200 and 300 murders on his conscience, but could not remember the exact number. He became pentito and is now a free man doesn't make sense does it?

Brusca,Marchese,Bagarella and Scarpuzzedda were the worst of the worst,but at the end of the day,they are all the same scum and they deserve same faith and that is prison.
Posted By: ItalianIrishMix

Re: Messina Denaro arrested!! - 01/16/23 11:37 PM

How someone so wanted can stay in the country which is about the size of 3 US states is baffling to me.
Either Italy is hugely corrupt, the citizens fear or help them avoid police or, he is a better master of disguise than Ace Ventura was.

My thinking is limited to the area I live so what do I know?

I saw a documentary on a country in Africa where the actual police will pull you over an extort you. Crazy!

I need to travel more.

Re: Messina Denaro arrested!! - 01/16/23 11:51 PM

Brusca,Marchese,Bagarella and Scarpuzzedda were the worst of the worst,but at the end of the day,they are all the same scum and they deserve same faith and that is prison.

True and now all Cupola members have been caught. He was never part of the core Corleonesi he came up after most of the bloodshed in the 80s/90s. But participated in a series of mafia murders committed between Alcamo, Marsala and Castellammare between 1989 and 1992. The Court of Marsala recognized him for the first time as a boss in 2012.

Re: Messina Denaro arrested!! - 01/17/23 12:39 AM

Anna Sergi said Messina Denaro’s arrest would pose new problems for the organisation.

“It’s very unlikely that he was dictating strategy, but he had a role in keeping the identity of the Cosa Nostra alive,” she added. “He was the symbolic gatekeeper, the glue of the organisation. Unless someone can have the same charisma, the same power of aggregation, it’s unlikely that the Cosa Nostra can come out of this untouched.”

Re: Messina Denaro arrested!! - 01/17/23 12:46 AM

I call bullshit. It would actually help to have someone with no ties to the disaster of the late 1980s and early 90s.

Re: Messina Denaro arrested!! - 01/17/23 12:54 AM

I call bullshit. It would actually help to have someone with no ties to the disaster of the late 1980s and early 90s.

Yes it's another day now many younger guys and in Palermo you still have the old families.

Re: Messina Denaro arrested!! - 01/17/23 02:35 AM

Originally Posted by ItalianIrishMix
How someone so wanted can stay in the country which is about the size of 3 US states is baffling to me.
Either Italy is hugely corrupt, the citizens fear or help them avoid police or, he is a better master of disguise than Ace Ventura was.

My thinking is limited to the area I live so what do I know?

I saw a documentary on a country in Africa where the actual police will pull you over an extort you. Crazy!

I need to travel more.

Sicily and Calabria are beautiful places, but the problem of organized crime is a problem in many countries.

Re: Messina Denaro arrested!! - 01/17/23 06:13 AM

In the normal society child killers are looked down upon everywhere, that's undisputable (I'm talking about civilians). How Italian mobsters view it I'm not sure, but they're sure as shit willing to kidnap, torture and kill a child of a rival to get to him.

My question was more in a sense of if US mobsters had the same opportunities, do you think they would have taken them? IE if a John Gotti or a Michael Franzese or any number of mobsters would be able to get away with kidnapping and killing a son of a mafia rival if they would do it? Especially if others are doing it as well - I think they would.

But since no one in the US is doing it, then they're not doing it.

I agree with your original statement as well that he's a piece of shit who doesn't deserve one good thing happening to him for the rest of his life.

Re: Messina Denaro arrested!! - 01/17/23 12:03 PM

they found his home in Campobello di Mazara

https://tg24.sky.it/cronaca/2023/01/17/matteo-messina-denaro-covo-video

Re: Messina Denaro arrested!! - 01/17/23 12:05 PM

Anna Sergi said Messina Denaro’s arrest would pose new problems for the organisation.

“It’s very unlikely that he was dictating strategy, but he had a role in keeping the identity of the Cosa Nostra alive,” she added. “He was the symbolic gatekeeper, the glue of the organisation. Unless someone can have the same charisma, the same power of aggregation, it’s unlikely that the Cosa Nostra can come out of this untouched.”

it would be true if it were a genuine arrest, but Baiardo's statements suggest otherwise

Re: Messina Denaro arrested!! - 01/17/23 01:19 PM

Arrest Messina Denaro, the story of Maddalena's patients: "He was a kind and elegant person"
by: Redaction - of 2023-01-17

Matteo Messina Denaro , who was known at the "La Maddalena" in Palermo as Andrea Bonafede , was arrested right there, in that clinic where he was being treated for a probable tumor (in fact he was doing oncological therapies).

According to a gentleman of the clinic, he had a kind, elegant manner and a very formal language, with a scarf around his neck, which also appeared in a photo in the possession of the investigators of the case. "We were in the same room - a patient told Gds.it - ??he was a kind person, very kind" . And then she adds: «There are also friends of mine who have his phone number, he sent messages to everyone. He exchanged messages with a friend of mine until yesterday morning » .

In reality, this unknown Bonafede was none other than the last godfather born in Castelvetrano in 1963.

Re: Messina Denaro arrested!! - 01/17/23 01:29 PM

Originally Posted by m2w

it would be true if it were a genuine arrest, but Baiardo's statements suggest otherwise

yes but according to a doctor he did try to escape.

some carabinieri in war gear, he escaped, went out to the bar and they caught him. He tried to escape to the bar and there was a lot of commotion ” .

Re: Messina Denaro arrested!! - 01/17/23 01:35 PM

Originally Posted by m2w

some carabinieri in war gear, he escaped, went out to the bar and they caught him. He tried to escape to the bar and there was a lot of commotion ” .

when the carabinieri asked him who he was he immediately replied 'I'm Messina Denaro', I don't think he tried to escape in fact the carabinieri did not tell it. Baiardo practically said that they would arrest him on the same day as Riina because there is still an ongoing negotiation with the state. Baiardo managed the Graviano brothers while they were on the run, so he sends messages

Re: Messina Denaro arrested!! - 01/17/23 01:39 PM

There were no chance of him escaping , he is very ill , late stage cancer.We will never known the truth what lead to his arrest, maybe it was deal with the state like Baiardo said, same with Riina and Provenzano arrest , we will never really know what happened and what really led to their downfall.

Re: Messina Denaro arrested!! - 01/17/23 01:51 PM

Arrest Messina Denaro, the story of Maddalena's patients: "He was a kind and elegant person"
by: Redaction - of 2023-01-17

Matteo Messina Denaro , who was known at the "La Maddalena" in Palermo as Andrea Bonafede , was arrested right there, in that clinic where he was being treated for a probable tumor (in fact he was doing oncological therapies).

According to a gentleman of the clinic, he had a kind, elegant manner and a very formal language, with a scarf around his neck, which also appeared in a photo in the possession of the investigators of the case. "We were in the same room - a patient told Gds.it - ??he was a kind person, very kind" . And then she adds: «There are also friends of mine who have his phone number, he sent messages to everyone. He exchanged messages with a friend of mine until yesterday morning » .

In reality, this unknown Bonafede was none other than the last godfather born in Castelvetrano in 1963.

If this is true lol! Imagine texting with someone and finding out they're one of the most notorious mafiosos of all time.

Re: Messina Denaro arrested!! - 01/17/23 01:53 PM

Paolo Borsellino's brother Salvatore said:

Before being killed my brother said "when I am killed it will have been the Mafia who killed me, but it will have been others who wanted my death"; today one of the main perpetrators of the massacre in which my brother lost his life is in prison, but unfortunately there are too many mysteries about who wanted Paul's death.What changes today? It changes little, the fact that Messina Denaro has been arrested means that there is someone who replaces him. Not only that, there is the serious suspicion that this arrest is the result, once again, of an unholy negotiation in the face of the concession of points from Riina's papello.
Posted By: furio_from_naples

Re: Messina Denaro arrested!! - 01/17/23 02:04 PM

There two rumors roday:one is that Messina Denaro after 30 y on the lam and with a serious cancer,decided to surrender to the carabinieri,and this is a reason why he haven't the cuffs when was arrested and one more but that doesn't have much credit and in fact I don't believe it either, is that he was abandoned by the other mafiosi to stop the pressure from the forces of order.

Re: Messina Denaro arrested!! - 01/17/23 02:11 PM

Originally Posted by m2w

The Carabinieri del Ros, after hours of searching, have identified the hideout of the boss Matteo Messina Denaro , arrested yesterday at the Maddalena clinic in Palermo. It is in Campobello di Mazara, the town of the facilitator Giovanni Luppino , who ended up in handcuffs together with the mafia boss, and of Andrea Bonafede , under whose false name the fugitive was hiding.

The hiding place is located in an anonymous yellow two-story building and is in the town center in vicolo San Vito (formerly via Cv31). After the night search, it was manned by the Carabinieri and then at 8.30, the men from the Messina Scientific Investigations Department arrived and are sifting through the house.

The Captain of the Carabinieri of the company of Mazara del Vallo Domenico Testa was also on the spot . Messina Denaro lived in a house which in recent months, after the transfer of the owners, has remained uninhabited. Several designer clothes and perfumes were found but no weapons.

Meanwhile, the doctor who treated Andrea Bonafede, alias Matteo Messina Denaro, is under investigation . We are talking about the 70-year-old Alfonso Tumbarello , a recently retired Campobello resident, for many years a general practitioner in Campobello until December 2022. Until a few months ago he was treated by the real Andrea Bonafede. Yesterday the Carabinieri searched his homes in Campobello, Tre Fontane and the former office of the now retired doctor.

The searches were coordinated by the Deputy Prosecutor Paolo Guido , who participated in the operations. Matteo Messina Denaro, meanwhile, was transferred on a military flight to Pescara airport yesterday evening. The doors of the L'Aquila prison have opened for him, a maximum security facility in which there is a first-level cancer center.

Re: Messina Denaro arrested!! - 01/17/23 02:20 PM

So if i understand correctly Paolo Borsellino's brother is implying there are still negotiations between mafia and state? I thought it stopped with Riina's arrest.

Re: Messina Denaro arrested!! - 01/17/23 02:26 PM

So if i understand correctly Paolo Borsellino's brother is implying there are still negotiations between mafia and state? I thought it stopped with Riina's arrest.

according to Baiardo the negotiation was never over

Re: Messina Denaro arrested!! - 01/17/23 02:30 PM

Originally Posted by m2w

Pretty much same thing Salvatore Borsellino said, but i can't think of powerful enough players to lead negotiations with the state. Why would state continue negotiations with them is beyond my understanding.

Re: Messina Denaro arrested!! - 01/17/23 02:37 PM

Originally Posted by m2w

Pretty much same thing Salvatore Borsellino said, but i can't think of powerful enough players to lead negotiations with the state. Why would state continue negotiations with them is beyond my understanding.

The only ones I can think of are the old Palermo families like the Inzerillo Mafia clan.

Re: Messina Denaro arrested!! - 01/17/23 02:59 PM

maybe Giovanni Motisi

Re: Messina Denaro arrested!! - 01/17/23 03:02 PM

Why the hell would he take selfies with doctors in La Maddalena

[Linked Image]

Re: Messina Denaro arrested!! - 01/17/23 03:17 PM

Originally Posted by m2w
maybe Giovanni Motisi

For sure a candidate who can lead a moderate Cosa Nostra, he is currently considered one of the most powerful Mafia bosses in Palermo almost 25 years on the run.
Posted By: Mafia101

Re: Messina Denaro arrested!! - 01/17/23 04:06 PM

Originally Posted by m2w

Who is this baiardo or Boiardo you keep mentioning

Re: Messina Denaro arrested!! - 01/17/23 04:14 PM

They found in his hideout pizzini, wigs, designer clothes, perfumes and erection pills.

Re: Messina Denaro arrested!! - 01/17/23 04:25 PM

Originally Posted by Mafia101
Originally Posted by m2w

Who is this baiardo or Boiardo you keep mentioning

Salvatore Baiardo is the Piedmontese ice cream maker of Sicilian origins who in the early 1990s helped the fugitives Giuseppe and Filippo Graviano. He became a repentant.

Re: Messina Denaro arrested!! - 01/17/23 04:50 PM

Why the hell would he take selfies with doctors in La Maddalena

[Linked Image]

Looks like he doesn't care anymore also with the texting to other patiens/doctors. He knows his time is running out they say he want to enjoy the time he has to see his daughter and family.

Re: Messina Denaro arrested!! - 01/17/23 07:27 PM

Matteo Messina Denaro and the Camorra, business with the Nuvolettas and the Casalesi: he wanted to involve them in the attack on the state

Antonio Mangione
January 16, 2023

Matteo Messina Denaro is the cornerstone of criminal and political interests, of unmentionable plots. In 30 years on the run he has also woven the web of relationships with the other most powerful criminal organizations in Italy, the Neapolitan Camorra and the Calabrian 'ndrina. The superboss, godfather of Castelvetrano, arrested on the morning of Monday 16 January, during his long 'criminal career', had relationships with various members of the clans of the Neapolitan Camorra. In particular, the Neapolitan clan that has had the closest relations with the now ex-fugitive is that of the Nuvoletta di Marano . Relations of interests, especially in the field of drugs and betting, as evidenced by some raids carried out in recent years.
Relations between the Camorra and Messina Denaro
In 2016 drug trafficking was discovered between Naples and Palermo, a loyalist of the fugitive boss Matteo Messina Denaro was also arrested in the blitz. According to what was reconstructed, the latter had periodically gone to Marano to the home of an unsuspecting businessman to deliver him large sums of money. A few days after these trips, the supplier, via a courier, had sent large quantities of drugs to the Sicilian capital.
The boss' loyalist had already been arrested for having "lent" his identity to the fugitive boss who, for months, would go around with his documents. The collaborator of justice Salvatore Grigoli had also spoken about him. He had indicated him as a trusted man of the Trapani mafia boss who spent part of his hiding in Bagheria and its surroundings in the early 1990s.

In 2018, as part of the 'Revolutionbet 2' investigation by the Catania prosecutor's office on the mafia and online betting, subjects linked both to Matteo Messina Denaro , including his nephew, and people attributable to the Camorra 'family' of the Nuvolettas were arrested by Marano.

Relations with the Casalesi
Relations between the Casalesi and the Sicilian mafia were also strong, and therefore also with Messija Denaro. In 2019 he emerged according to the repentant Emanuele Merendathat Matteo Messina Denaro would also have found refuge in Veneto. And he would have been the guest of a Palermitan involved in the investigation by the Venice Dda into the infiltrations of the Casalesi in Ercalea. The "boss of bosses" would have been housed in a cellar in the municipality of Treviso. At the time of the statements, the lawyer of the person involved had defined Merenda's statements as "without any confirmation, also given the recent ruling by the Collegiate Court of Pordenone which in fact considered him unreliable" and maintained that his client "did not never hosted, nor in any way favored, the fugitive of any boss of criminal associations”; for the lawyer it would have been false accusations motivated by old grievances against his client. However, common interests between the two clans emerged in several blitzes,in the agri-food, transport and construction fields.

The existence of the super dome
In January 2015, the collaborator of justice Antonino Fiume, speaking in the context of the 'Ndrangheta massacre trial, told of the existence of a super-dome based in Milan, a "consortium" which included the leaders of 'Ndrangheta, Camorra, Sacred crown united and environments attributable to Cosa nostra (also of the current of the boss of bosses Totò Riina and therefore of the Corleonesi).

Another super-repentant of Cosa nostra, Giovanni Brusca , also spoke in that trial . According to the latter, the mafia gave Matteo Messina Denaro the task of convincing the Camorra and, specifically, the Nuvoletta di Marano (affiliated with Cosa nostra, ed) to participate in the massacre project against the State, then completed with the attacks against judges Falcone and Borsellino.

Re: Messina Denaro arrested!! - 01/17/23 09:38 PM

The oncologist of Messina Denaro speaks: "His conditions are serious"
"He welcomed the poor prognosis with great dignity"

PALERMO – “His conditions are serious, the disease has accelerated in recent months. I wouldn't call him a healthy patient. I am sure he will continue to receive all the care he needs. Yesterday the carabinieri asked me if postponing the chemotherapy cycle that he was supposed to have here by three or four days would have had consequences and I signed the authorization because such a limited delay will have no effect on his state of health ” .

Re: Messina Denaro arrested!! - 01/18/23 11:00 AM

As anticipated, there is another factor to take into account: the criminal thickness of the 'Ndrangheta, now clearly superior to that of the Cosa Nostra. The Sicilian mafia has weakened a lot after the massacres and excellent arrests, with the capture of all the members of the " Cupola ". Sicilian organized crime has to deal with a leadership problem, Ciconte reflected: "In the 'Ndrangheta this problem does not exist because it is strong, unlike the Sicilian mafia it is present throughout Italy, no region excluded, and is present throughout Europe and on all continents. It is therefore clear that it is a major force of the Sicilian mafia” . Returning to the legacy of Messina Denaro, who will now command the "Dome"? “Diabolik” may have raised his owndolphin : “It is likely that someone raised him, even if we don't know who. This is out of the question. But from hiding it is much more complicated " .

Ndrangheta has also problems nowadays with all the inquiries done by Gratteri, i think Cosa Nostra is still strong politically speaking but less involved in international drug trafficking

Re: Messina Denaro arrested!! - 01/18/23 12:26 PM

Second hideout of Messina Denaro found
In bunker near first one at Campobello di Mazara

(ANSA) - ROME, JAN 18 - Italian police on Wednesday found a second hideout of Matteo Messina Denaro, the Mafia superboss caught at a Palermo cancer clinic after 30 years on the run Monday.
The fugitive boss carved the hideout into a bunker in a house near his first hideout in an alley in Campobello di Mazara, near his home town of Castelvetrano near Trapani, police said.
Police found the first hideout there Tuesday.
They found designer clothes and Viagra among his personal items.
Messina Denaro, 60, Italy's most wanted man before his sensational capture, had his first hour-long 'air' break from the tough anti-mafia 41 bis prison regime at L'Aquila Prison earlier Wednesday.
He was said to be relaxed and smiling despite being seriously ill with cancer.
A chemotherapy unit is being set up for him in the jail.
Italian police say the infamous boss dubbed Diabolik for his glamorous super-villain image was helped to evade capture by a "mafia middle class" across Sicily and especially around Trapani, his power base. (ANSA).

Re: Messina Denaro arrested!! - 01/18/23 12:47 PM

It took them 30 years to catch this guy. Fugitive bosses in Mexico don't even last that long. Cosa Nostra is far from finished.

Re: Messina Denaro arrested!! - 01/18/23 01:02 PM

It took them 30 years to catch this guy. Fugitive bosses in Mexico don't even last that long. Cosa Nostra is far from finished.

yeah, also Baiardo in the interview said clearly there is still a negotiations with the state like the early 1990s

Re: Messina Denaro arrested!! - 01/18/23 01:53 PM

Originally Posted by m2w

yeah, also Baiardo in the interview said clearly there is still a negotiations with the state like the early 1990s

Both Baiardo and Borsellino said the same thing , but i highly doubt it , i do believe this "arrest" was some part of the deal and that he surrendered but negotiations with the state ,as i said earlier i can't think of powerful enough individuals so state would negotiate with them , what are negotiations about ? 41 bis is not going away.

Re: Messina Denaro arrested!! - 01/18/23 02:03 PM

Originally Posted by m2w

Both Baiardo and Borsellino said the same thing , but i highly doubt it , i do believe this "arrest" was some part of the deal and that he surrendered but negotiations with the state ,as i said earlier i can't think of powerful enough individuals so state would negotiate with them , what are negotiations about ? 41 bis is not going away.

Baiardo said they arrested Messina Denaro (or let himself be arrested) to have the Graviano brothers (and others) released from prison, in other words the abolition of the sentence for life aggravated by mafia-type association

Re: Messina Denaro arrested!! - 01/18/23 02:16 PM

Originally Posted by m2w

Baiardo said they arrested Messina Denaro (or let himself be arrested) to have the Graviano brothers (and others) released from prison, in other words the abolition of the sentence for life aggravated by mafia-type association

There is no way that is going to happen, even if that there was a deal, what are they going to do if state doesn't do their part? Pretty much nothing,but time will tell

Re: Messina Denaro arrested!! - 01/18/23 02:48 PM

All the women of Matteo Messina Denaro, his daughter Lorenza: "I don't want to know anything"
by Laura Spano January 18, 2023
mafia, Matteo Messina Denaro, Trapani, Chronicle
Matteo Messina Denaro's hideout where the diary was found in which he also spoke of his daughter
Lorenza Alagna is 27 years old today and according to investigators she would never have met Matteo Messina Denaro , her father. "I don't want to know anything, leave me alone, pretend I don't exist," she said after her father's arrest. Words reported by Il Fatto Quotidiano in the same vein as those said some time ago on Tg2, behind the closed shutters of her home: «I don't want to give interviews, I don't want to be in the spotlight. That's enough. I am a very normal girl like all the others. I want to be left alone. You have to pretend I don't exist."

In his exchange of letters with Suetonius, alias Antonino Vaccarino , the former mayor of Castelvetrano, the then fugitive Matteo Messina Denaro, signing himself Alessio, wrote: «I don't know my daughter. I've never see her. Destiny wanted it that way. I hope that life takes everything from me to give it to her (…). Not knowing your own children is against nature." And the boss also speaks of his daughter in his diary found in the Campobello di Mazara hideout.

Messina Denaro's daughter and wiretapping
In the interceptions collected over the years by the agents of the "captured" of the Trapani mobile team, Lorenza Santangelo, the mother of the boss, complained that her niece was growing up and he had never seen her. The difficulties of a man perpetually on the run are testified by family arguments. «You have to tell your brother that he has a daughter who turned 11 in December and that the time has come for him to write something to her too, because now the girl is starting to ask questions about her father and he can't continue to ignore her as he has always done, even forgetting his daughter's birthday».

The brother tried to find excuses for Matteo's shortcomings: "It is clear that in the place where he is he cannot write, he cannot send anything". After all, it was he himself who defended his choices, in another letter, in which he even claimed for himself the role of defender of a "just cause".

Meanwhile, daughter Lorenza grew up and was never officially recognized by her father. "How much I would like the affection of a person and unfortunately this person is not present by my side and she will never be present because of fate...", she wrote on Facebook a few years ago. Today she doesn't want to know about her father, she denies him.

All the women by Matteo Messina Denaro
When Matteo Messina Denaro began his long hiding in January 1993, he dismissed his girlfriend at the time, Sonia, with a message: "I don't even want to think about involving you in this labyrinth from which I don't know how I'll get out for the simple fact that I don't I know how and when I got there. Don't think about me anymore, it's not worth it." In the following months, the boss established a stable relationship with Franca Maria Alagna , the woman who gave birth to his daughter Lorenza on 17 December 1995, who bears her mother's surname and her paternal grandmother's name. After her birth, Messina Denaro's partner went to live with her mother-in-law together with her newborn. Once she came of age, both Lorenza and her mother obtained "permission" to move away from Castelvetrano.

On July 14, 2021, Messina Denaro became a grandfather: Lorenza Alagna gave birth to a child who has neither his grandfather's name nor his natural father's surname (but that of his mother).

Franca Maria Alagna was not the boss's only woman. Among the other important female figures in Messina Denaro's life, there is Andrea Hasleher , a young Austrian with whom he had fallen in love. Enough to order the murder of the director of the hotel in Selinunte where she worked in the summer. Maria Mesi , on the other hand, is the one who has been closest to the boss over the years. “You are the most beautiful thing there is,” Messina Denaro wrote to her in a pizzino intercepted by the investigators. In addition to the sporadic meetings (in an apartment on the outskirts of Palermo and in a villa in Bagheria) with Mesi, the boss established a correspondence that ended up in the hands of the investigators several times.

Love letters in which Maria announced gifts such as perfumes or video games, Matteo Messina Denaro's great passion during his long absence. «You know, I read in the video game magazine that the Donkey Kong 3 tape is out and I can't wait for it to be on the market to buy it for you. That of Secret Maya 2 has not yet arrived. You are the most beautiful thing there is», was written in a letter sent by the woman to Messina Denaro. Precisely this link with Matteo Messina Denaro led Maria Mesi to prison for aggravated aiding and abetting, it was 2000. And she was detained until February of the following year (2001).

It was by following the movements of the woman that in 1998 the forces of order came one step away from the capture of the boss. On that occasion, in fact, they discovered a hideout in Bagheria, in via Milwaukee 40. When the police officers broke in, Messina Denaro had already escaped. A jar of Nutella, one of caviar, an incomplete puzzle, a carton of Merit cigarettes were found in the house.

Re: Messina Denaro arrested!! - 01/18/23 03:24 PM

Matteo Messina Denaro "is not a person, I think he is a beast". This is how Giovanna Ragolia , wife of Rosario Sciacca , innocent victim of an ambush on a gangster in which Messina Denaro participated on 11 June 1990 speaks of the boss arrested on Monday 16 January. “For me it is the end of a journey, but we are not free from the mafias. I hope that he can collaborate to reveal all the secrets that are many and very serious, so that our beautiful Sicilian land and our nation Italy can be truly free ", said Ragolia on the sidelines of the flash-mob organized in the morning in Castelvetrano.

Re: Messina Denaro arrested!! - 01/18/23 04:41 PM

Originally Posted by m2w
Second hideout of Messina Denaro found
In bunker near first one at Campobello di Mazara

(ANSA) - ROME, JAN 18 - Italian police on Wednesday found a second hideout of Matteo Messina Denaro, the Mafia superboss caught at a Palermo cancer clinic after 30 years on the run Monday.
The fugitive boss carved the hideout into a bunker in a house near his first hideout in an alley in Campobello di Mazara, near his home town of Castelvetrano near Trapani, police said.
Police found the first hideout there Tuesday.
They found designer clothes and Viagra among his personal items.
Messina Denaro, 60, Italy's most wanted man before his sensational capture, had his first hour-long 'air' break from the tough anti-mafia 41 bis prison regime at L'Aquila Prison earlier Wednesday.
He was said to be relaxed and smiling despite being seriously ill with cancer.
A chemotherapy unit is being set up for him in the jail.
Italian police say the infamous boss dubbed Diabolik for his glamorous super-villain image was helped to evade capture by a "mafia middle class" across Sicily and especially around Trapani, his power base. (ANSA).

the home belongs to Errico Risalvato a former politician

Re: Messina Denaro arrested!! - 01/18/23 04:47 PM

Originally Posted by m2w

He was acquitted of mafia charges in 2001. His brother is Giovanni Risalvato a concrete entrepreneur.

Re: Messina Denaro arrested!! - 01/18/23 06:28 PM

41 bis may not ever officially go away, but it can be trampled upon and disregarded, as has often happened with several mob bosses still running their clans. 41 bis or maximum security can only do so much. People are still corruptible, especially during hard economic times.

Re: Messina Denaro arrested!! - 01/18/23 07:53 PM

Originally Posted by m2w

He was acquitted of mafia charges in 2001. His brother is Giovanni Risalvato a concrete entrepreneur.

His links to noble families from the bourgeoisie are very strong without them he wouldn't have survived for 30 years.

Re: Messina Denaro arrested!! - 01/18/23 09:20 PM

His links to noble families from the bourgeoisie are very strong without them he wouldn't have survived for 30 years.

Looks like his doctor Alfonso Tumbarello who is a freemason got suspended from Grand Orient of Italy after his arrest.

Re: Messina Denaro arrested!! - 01/18/23 09:26 PM

Looks like his doctor Alfonso Tumbarello who is a freemason got suspended from Grand Orient of Italy after his arrest.

No suprise,Palermo prosecutor Maurizio De Lucia immediately made it clear that the investigative "attention" of his office will be directed to this gray area.

Re: Messina Denaro arrested!! - 01/18/23 10:11 PM

"Freemasonry has protected him all over the world"
Teresa Principato, former magistrate

According to the former magistrate Messina Denaro would have managed to travel to Venezuela, Spain and England thanks to a network of contacts: "Through the letters rogatory we found traces of his presence, unfortunately not him.

Re: Messina Denaro arrested!! - 01/19/23 12:15 AM

The P2, Gelli and the dark side of Italian history

January 18, 2023 • 8:27 pm
Over time, Masonic has become synonymous with opacity, with obscure textures. Sometimes, however, there is the impression that the term "Freemasonry" is used at random, by way of bogeyman.
What is certain is that, in the face of facts that could destabilize the system, there are those who feel the duty to appeal to reasons of state, that is, to cover up.
As long as there is room for areas of opacity, for underground powers, democracy will always be in danger.

https://www.editorialedomani.it/pol...to-oscuro-della-storia-italiana-il6gybfs

Re: Messina Denaro arrested!! - 01/19/23 10:55 AM

Originally Posted by m2w

it was translated in english

https://youtu.be/1uscnYebyT0

Re: Messina Denaro arrested!! - 01/19/23 03:38 PM

Giovanni Lo Sciuto, formerly local ras of Ncd, originally from Castelvetrano. Arrested in 2019, then finished on trial for violating the Anselmi law, the Trapani prosecutor charges him, among other things, with having created a secret lodge, also in the city of Messina Denaro. According to wiretaps, in 2016 the politician managed to be notified of the existence of an investigation top secret on the links between the mafia and the lodges. “There are 23 warrants for Freemasonry, your brother is there too”, a Freemason dentist revealed to him, explaining that the raid by the investigators could be imminent: “You know why the judges don't do it? Because they are all Freemasons”.

Re: Messina Denaro arrested!! - 01/19/23 09:44 PM

A third hideout was discovered in which the boss Matteo Messina Denaro allegedly lived. Located in Campobello di Mazara, however, it seems that the apartment is empty and for sale. Further investigations are in progress. The building is located at number 260 in via San Giovanni and it was the owner's brother who opened it to the police: the latter, in fact, has lived in Switzerland for 40 years.

Re: Messina Denaro arrested!! - 01/20/23 01:07 PM

A third hideout was discovered in which the boss Matteo Messina Denaro allegedly lived. Located in Campobello di Mazara, however, it seems that the apartment is empty and for sale. Further investigations are in progress. The building is located at number 260 in via San Giovanni and it was the owner's brother who opened it to the police: the latter, in fact, has lived in Switzerland for 40 years.

among the documents police found the mobile number of the former venerable master of the masonic lodge "Ferrer" Of Castelvetrano, the doctor Quintino Paola

Re: Messina Denaro arrested!! - 01/20/23 05:03 PM

Originally Posted by m2w

among the documents police found the mobile number of the former venerable master of the masonic lodge "Ferrer" Of Castelvetrano, the doctor Quintino Paola

He said its because he is urologist for 42 years and that's why he would have his number.

Re: Messina Denaro arrested!! - 01/20/23 11:34 PM

In the wallet of Matteo Messina Denaro the photo of his nephew Gaspare Allegra, who died at the age of 37 in an accident
Investigators found a photo of Gaspare Allegra in the wallet of the Trapani boss and now ex-fugitive Matteo Messina Denaro. Son of his sister Giovanna, he died in March 2021 during an excursion on Lake Como.

[Linked Image]

Re: Messina Denaro arrested!! - 01/21/23 12:03 AM

Originally Posted by m2w

He said its because he is urologist for 42 years and that's why he would have his number.

If they arrest all freemasons in Trapani, there would be nobody left in high places. This aftermath is so big we didn't see that after Riina and Provenzano arrests.

Re: Messina Denaro arrested!! - 01/21/23 12:26 AM

Re: Messina Denaro arrested!! - 01/21/23 01:23 AM

What's going on? We can't understand that.

Re: Messina Denaro arrested!! - 01/21/23 01:29 AM

What's going on? We can't understand that.

The first guy is his nephew.

"It's not me who has to leave Castelvetrano , the mafiosi have to leave," said Giuseppe Cimarosa, nephew of Matteo Messina Denaro at the demonstration he organized in the boss's city which was attended by only about thirty people . “A few people today? I don't know what to tell you, people here are probably still afraid of him."

Giuseppe Cimarosa is the son of Rosa Filardo, first cousin of Matteo Messina Denaro. His father Lorenzo was a collaborator of justice . Cimarosa organized the demonstration in front of one of the boss' hideouts , in Campobello di Mazara.

Re: Messina Denaro arrested!! - 01/21/23 02:08 AM

If this were the early 1990s or before, he would've been shot on the spot.

Re: Messina Denaro arrested!! - 01/21/23 02:30 AM

If this were the early 1990s or before, he would've been shot on the spot.

Probably, but he is still family to kill your own blood is another step, but it did happen.

Re: Messina Denaro arrested!! - 01/21/23 07:19 AM

I don't think he would've even been doing this back in those days, so we'll never know.

Re: Messina Denaro arrested!! - 01/21/23 09:28 AM

If they arrest all freemasons in Trapani, there would be nobody left in high places. This aftermath is so big we didn't see that after Riina and Provenzano arrests.

All this demonstration and unrevealing of his links with masonic lodges will cool down in 2 months max , after that we will see some news here and there and situation will be back as usual.

Re: Messina Denaro arrested!! - 01/21/23 02:31 PM

All this demonstration and unrevealing of his links with masonic lodges will cool down in 2 months max , after that we will see some news here and there and situation will be back as usual.

Probably prosecutors def want to indict them but have little chance if the judges are also freemasons lol. One thing I would like to know is MMD's ties to P2, P3.

Re: Messina Denaro arrested!! - 01/21/23 02:52 PM

Among the books found in the hideout in via Cb31, in Campobello, the last refuge of the mafia boss, there is also a biography of the Russian leader Vladimir Putin. There are dozens of volumes found in the apartment on the most diverse topics, including some historical texts.

Re: Messina Denaro arrested!! - 01/21/23 05:53 PM

Among the books found in the hideout in via Cb31, in Campobello, the last refuge of the mafia boss, there is also a biography of the Russian leader Vladimir Putin. There are dozens of volumes found in the apartment on the most diverse topics, including some historical texts.

they also found the godfather and joker posters lol

Re: Messina Denaro arrested!! - 01/21/23 08:09 PM

Freemasonry right arm of the mafia: Messina Denaro's plan

In thirty years on the run, Matteo Messina Denaro sought greater relations with politics. The loggia would have protected him even outside the Trapani area

U Siccu had a grandiose idea in mind: that the mafia would take over politics. How? By creating covered Masonic lodges "where only characters of a certain rank are affiliated and where the violent component of the mafia becomes its armed wing", wrote the parliamentarians of the Anti-Mafia Commission five years ago in their final report.

It had been the same goal as another long-sighted godfather: Stefano Bontate, the «Prince of Villagrazia», an early Freemason and monarch of the old mafia, killed by the Corleonesi in 1981. Like him, also Matteo Messina Denaro he thought big.

After the massacres he had steered his Cosa Nostra towards business, he had immersed it in the "big game" of which Falcone spoke, relations in New York and Venezuela, Spain and England, wind power, construction, supermarkets, clinics, tourist villages, small for everyone, a tour estimated by Libera at around four billion, less blood and many hidden ties, to the point of making, according to some repentant, a secret lodge of his own, La Sicilia.

Freemasonry is a cement that binds people and even physically makes them stay in a single room, of compensation, where they can pursue their interests that are not always lawful", Michele Prestipino explained to the Antimafia when he was assistant prosecutor of Reggio Calabria, another land where many men of honor wear and wore aprons, starting with don Paolino De Stefano, the most holy mother who gave shoes to half the city ("so who walk on my shoes").

In the mid-eighties, the case of the Isis 2 secret lodge broke out in Trapani, under the banner of the Scontrino club, where men from the institutions and bosses such as Mariano Agate meet, «to compose mafia, political and business interests including those attributable to the Messina Denaro".

In Castelvetrano alone, the Bindi Commission reports six of the nineteen lodges active in the province of Trapani and linked to four "obediences". The Municipality, dissolved at the time due to mafia infiltration, had come to have half of its councilors and assessors affiliated with some of them. "It seems like an oxymoron, but Freemasonry was a place of concealment in the light of the sun", smiles sadly Claudio Fava, who as vice president signed the Anti-Mafia report of December 2017.

Re: Messina Denaro arrested!! - 01/22/23 12:01 PM

Probably prosecutors def want to indict them but have little chance if the judges are also freemasons lol. One thing I would like to know is MMD's ties to P2, P3.

I don't think P2 exist anymore, there are P3 and P4, Pantaleone Mancuso was caught on tape mentioning P3 and P4. We know nothing more than that, they are probably most powerful masonic lodges in Italy.

Re: Messina Denaro arrested!! - 01/22/23 02:38 PM

I don't think P2 exist anymore, there are P3 and P4, Pantaleone Mancuso was caught on tape mentioning P3 and P4. We know nothing more than that, they are probably most powerful masonic lodges in Italy.

i think the P3 is the continuation of the P2, this lodge is very old, it was found in 1877 with the name of 'Propaganda massonica' and it changed names in P2 in the 1960s

Re: Messina Denaro arrested!! - 01/22/23 09:57 PM

Pantaleone Mancuso , alias “Vetrinetta” spoke of a superior role of Freemasonry compared to the old 'Ndrangheta which, in the opinion of the boss, must "modernise itself... do not stick to the old rules, because the world changes and all things must change! Today we call it “freemasonry”…. tomorrow we call it P4, P6, P9” .

Re: Messina Denaro arrested!! - 01/24/23 11:08 AM

Andrea Bonafede arrested: he lent his identity to Matteo Messina Denaro during the fugitive

https://pledgetimes.com/andrea-bona...tteo-messina-denaro-during-the-fugitive/

Re: Messina Denaro arrested!! - 01/25/23 02:38 PM

Matteo Messina Denaro: How silence and compliance kept Mafia boss at large

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-64353448

Re: Messina Denaro arrested!! - 01/25/23 11:38 PM

Originally Posted by m2w
Matteo Messina Denaro: How silence and compliance kept Mafia boss at large

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-64353448

"I've arrested at least 200 people related to him. Only one of them decided to collaborate with justice," said Roberto Piscitello, a prosecutor who tried to capture Messina Denaro from 1996 to 2008.

Re: Messina Denaro arrested!! - 01/26/23 12:27 PM

Senator M5s Scarpinato: "Messina Denaro obeyed the order to be arrested".
The former magistrate: Salvatore Baiardo? He is the mouthpiece of the mafia

Matteo Messina Denaro was not "sold" by Cosa Nostra. But he simply obeyed the order to get himself arrested. This was stated by the senator of the 5 Star Movement and former magistrate Roberto Scarpinato in an interview with Tg1 . According to Scarpinato the last of the Corleonesi began to make a series of rookie mistakes. It was inevitable that sooner or later he would be captured. It's not that Matteo Messina Denaro was no longer the boss. But there is a structure that goes beyond Matteo Messina Denaro who says "it's closed, it's over, this is the moment when you have to get yourself arrested". And even Matteo Messina Denaro must obey». According to the senator «mafiosi never flaunt their wealth. On the contrary, they appear humble, they have never owned luxury cars. The ostentation of luxury, on the contrary, is counterproductive». Instead the boss «had a good life, he lived abroad. Only at the last minute did he find himself in this village. He knows the massacres of '92 and '93. It enjoyed a very high-level protection network, managed to escape a moment before the arrest and the investigations showed that he was warned by the same investigators who were to arrest him». While Salvatore Baiardo , who had spoken of his illness, «is the spokesman for the mafia. He speaks on TV and announces that Matteo Messina Denaro will be arrested . And yet he stays where he was. There is something wrong".

Re: Messina Denaro arrested!! - 01/26/23 01:54 PM

Pistol found in Messina Denaro hideout
Smith&Wesson revolver had five rounds in it

https://www.ansa.it/english/news/ge...32603c4-d6eb-4d7a-86e8-a9ccec38cde6.html

Re: Messina Denaro arrested!! - 01/26/23 07:17 PM

What newspaper did you find this in?

Re: Messina Denaro arrested!! - 01/26/23 08:18 PM

What newspaper did you find this in?

it was an interview with TG1, according to Scarpinato somebody ordered him to be arrested

Re: Messina Denaro arrested!! - 01/29/23 09:28 PM

The historic Ray-Bans of Matteo Messina Denaro were also found lol.

Re: Messina Denaro arrested!! - 01/31/23 11:48 AM

Who are the Freemasons and why they are talked about in connection with the arrest of Matteo Messina Denaro

https://news.italy-24.com/trends/33...the-arrest-of-Matteo-Messina-Denaro.html

Re: Messina Denaro arrested!! - 02/01/23 12:22 AM

Originally Posted by m2w
Who are the Freemasons and why they are talked about in connection with the arrest of Matteo Messina Denaro

Have you seen this m2w?
Giuliano Di Bernardo, former Grand Master of Grande Oriente d'Italia?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzhSJQob-A8

Re: Messina Denaro arrested!! - 02/01/23 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by m2w

Have you seen this m2w?

yes, the province of Trapani has the highest number of masonic lodges in Italy, according to a turncoat Messina Denaro founded the occult lodge "La Sicilia"
Posted By: NYMafia

Re: Messina Denaro arrested!! - 02/01/23 12:15 PM

Originally Posted by m2w
Originally Posted by m2w

Have you seen this m2w?

yes, the province of Trapani has the highest number of masonic lodges in Italy, according to a turncoat Messina Denaro founded the occult lodge "La Sicilia"

Outside of Palermo Province itself, pound for pound, inch for inch, no other area of Sicily is as Mafia-laden as Trapani Province.

Re: Messina Denaro arrested!! - 02/02/23 04:37 AM

On TikTok they posted a video of a bambino, dressed up for Carnival like MMD.

[Linked Image]

Re: Messina Denaro arrested!! - 02/03/23 10:06 AM

Former girlfriend of Mafia boss quizzed by police 'for helping him' as love letters found
Maria Mesi was jailed in the 1990s for sheltering Matteo Messina Denaro at her flat in Bagheria, Sicily. Letters found by police showed her love for the Mafia boss. She is now under investigation

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/mafia-moll-facing-prosecution-helping-29112987

Re: Messina Denaro arrested!! - 02/03/23 10:34 AM

‘Like being on a rollercoaster’: the man who caught Sicily’s last mafia boss

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...e-man-who-caught-sicilys-last-mafia-boss

Re: Messina Denaro arrested!! - 02/14/23 09:09 PM

MAFIA
Messina Denaro's self-esteem, here is the phrase on his key ring: "You are the legend"
by Laura Spano
February 13, 2023
mafia, Matteo Messina Denaro, Trapani, Chronicle

Matteo Messina Denaro had such self-esteem that he almost believed himself a god. He knew he was adored by those closest to him and what betrays his personality and his boundless ego is the key ring he kept in his pocket at the time of his arrest, a leather string with this phrase printed on it: «The man, the myth, you are the legend." The wiretaps collected by investigators over the years demonstrate, moreover, how much for his accomplices "u Sicco" was a man to adore.

"We must adore him - his most faithful accomplices said intercepted - because it is from him that good comes". And in this regard the former head of the Trapani mobile squad Giuseppe Linares said of him in 2009 at the end of one of the many operations to make scorched earth on the scarlet primrose: «Messina Denaro represents the synthesis link of an ancient way of being mobster. But he is recognized as the new man, almost like a deity. In the wiretaps we have heard: "We must adore u siccu. Not only because he is a hierarchical superior, but because he represents something more" ». And in recent years there have been many writings praising the mafia boss.

Matteo Messina Denaro has always considered himself a superior being and he was probably considered as such, as demonstrated by that sentence on the leather string, printed by himself or donated by one of his accomplices. And the disease hadn't affected his sense of omnipotence.

Re: Messina Denaro arrested!! - 02/15/23 09:36 PM

Monday, February 13, 2023
In the L'Aquila prison, the boss answered some questions, in the presence of his lawyer
Matteo Messina Denaro was questioned by the Palermo prosecutors: the content of the hearing is top secret
Matteo Messina Denaro answered the questions of the Palermo prosecutor Maurizio de Lucia and the deputy Paolo Guido:the two Sicilian prosecutors stayed in the prison of L'Aquila for about three hours, but the meeting with the fugitive captured by the Ros on 16 January , in the presence of the lawyer Lorenza Guttadauro lasted just over an hour. It is not known , at the moment, what concerned the hearing of the prisoner, who is restricted to 41 bis, in a hard prison regime.

It is the first interrogation just under a month after the arrest of the former super fugitive, which took place in Palermo on 16 January. The content of the interrogation between the public prosecutor, Maurizio de Lucia, and the deputy, Paolo Guido, and the boss, in the presence of his trusted lawyer, his niece Lorenza Guttadauro, is top secret: "I saw it in good condition , at least apparently, considering the state it is in", says the deputy prosecutor Paolo Guido reached by telephone from AGI. The investigations by the Palermo prosecutor continue unabated.
Posted By: streetbossliborio

Re: Messina Denaro arrested!! - 02/16/23 01:59 AM

Not enough news about this, everything has gone quiet since they got him. Even though he’s 41bis he’s got to be content with how long he had on the outside. He was a fugitive from his late 20s, now he is a dying man in his 60s. Fascinating how he lasted so long, want to read more about how he done it all those years

Re: Messina Denaro arrested!! - 02/16/23 10:01 AM

Originally Posted by streetbossliborio
Not enough news about this, everything has gone quiet since they got him. Even though he’s 41bis he’s got to be content with how long he had on the outside. He was a fugitive from his late 20s, now he is a dying man in his 60s. Fascinating how he lasted so long, want to read more about how he done it all those years

Same as Provenzano,Riina, Motisi who is still on the run , too much corruption , connections to masonic lodges in South Italy who are very powerful and so on.

Re: Messina Denaro arrested!! - 02/17/23 10:57 PM

Traces of Matteo Messina Denaro’s passage over the years have been collected in various parts of Italy and the world. The certain fact is that he spent at least the last two years of his thirty-year fugitive in Sicily, in the Trapani area, at his “home”. But before? This is one of the main questions that the investigators ask themselves after the capture of the last of the Corleonesi and one of the leads would lead not very far away, but just beyond the Strait, or in Calabria, where the mafioso could also count on the support of members of the ‘Ndrangheta.

It is a hypothesis, the one on which the prosecutor is working, suggestive but which also rests on concrete elements, which have emerged in the investigations carried out in all these years on the account of what until 16 January last was the most wanted man in Italy . It is ascertained, for example, that in the past there were agreements between the two criminal organizations in relation to drug trafficking. The point of reference in Cosa Nostra was Messina Denaro. The intention, according to the collaborators of justice, would even have been to become “a single family” for business in the northern territories, in particular in Piedmont.

“Matteo was in Calabria and is back” was said later in an interception of a blitz a few years ago. Beyond the Strait, therefore, the boss could have counted on level relationships dating back over time, even more than twenty years ago, and a good safety net.

Furthermore, Calabria, also from a geographical and therefore logistical point of view, would have had many advantages for a wanted Sicilian: easy to evade controls to move from one region to another and return “home” in a very short time, also so as not to completely lose power over its own territory.
\

Re: Messina Denaro arrested!! - 02/18/23 03:46 AM

Motisi if still alive must be shaking a little and heightening security. He has just moved up on a dwindling list of police targets. The ultimate ghost MMD has been caught, Motisi would be a minor news story in comparison meaning anyone can be got

Re: Messina Denaro arrested!! - 02/18/23 03:49 AM

I think Messina Denaro gave himself up, and remember there was all of this big talk about the Mafia’s death when Toto Riina was caught, and the same thing happened when Bernardo Provenzano was captured.

Re: Messina Denaro arrested!! - 02/18/23 03:58 AM

I tend to agree that it seems too “convenient” after all that time. The story they’ve given is plausible but maybe too convenient. And they catch him ill and potentially at the end of his life… Seems like a perfectly packaged story.

Re: Messina Denaro arrested!! - 02/18/23 10:21 AM

I don't think he gave himself up directly he had been ill for a long time and was treated in the clinic in Palermo for over a year, it was just a matter of time investigators would found out. I do believe Matteo was aware his run from jusitce was near his end.

Re: Messina Denaro arrested!! - 02/18/23 11:06 AM

I don't think he gave himself up directly he had been ill for a long time and was treated in the clinic in Palermo for over a year, it was just a matter of time investigators would found out. I do believe Matteo was aware his run from jusitce was near his end.

Things Baiardo said convince me there were dealings with the state/police. There is too many coincidences, he even said date of his arrest.

Re: Messina Denaro arrested!! - 02/18/23 11:07 AM

After 30 years on the run you don't gave yourself up to the state.

Re: Messina Denaro arrested!! - 02/18/23 11:14 AM

Things Baiardo said convince me there were dealings with the state/police. There is too many coincidences, he even said date of his arrest.

I do believe that in the last months when they already tracked him down there have been talks with his people.

Re: Messina Denaro arrested!! - 02/18/23 01:29 PM

Yeah, arrested exactly 30 years after Riina. Sure, he didn't give himself up and they didn't already know where he was for a long time. And the Tooth Fairy is real too.

Re: Messina Denaro arrested!! - 02/19/23 12:16 AM

He had no choice! From wiretaps they knew he had cancer and was treated somewhere.
So they knew his whereabouts pretty quick he couldn't run anymore he is too sick and needs chemo they just waited for the right moment to arrest him and that was 30 years after Riina.

Re: Messina Denaro arrested!! - 02/19/23 01:11 AM

He was still well-protected, both criminally and politically. I actually had someone on Facebook argue with me saying that these guys can last decades on the run without any political connections, all they need is money and criminal contacts. What a bunch of absolute horse shit!

Re: Messina Denaro arrested!! - 02/20/23 10:52 PM

Matteo Messina Denaro's audios tell the story of the boss's illness:

"My body has betrayed me"

There has been a lot of talk about the messages in which Diabolik attacks Zelensky and sides with Putin.

The more intimate ones, on the other hand, talk about something completely different. And in particular of the disease condition for colorectal cancer that hit the Boss. Who is now in the condition in which many sick people find themselves: "My body has betrayed me"; «let us take care of ourselves and see where we arrive»; “I know what you're going through,” she tells her friend. To which she finally dedicates Gnarls Barkley's Crazy .

“Let's take care of ourselves and see where we get. After all, we don't know anything about the future» is the first message from the boss. Which in the subsequent exchange of messages he says «My body has betrayed me. I still can't get over it. I can't stand this body anymore.' Then he adds something significant: «I had a beautiful life. I didn't foresee what is happening and I can't accept it."

The other audio instead show the Boss talking about himself. «I generally avoid making myself known. Even from my mom. I am like that. I'm like a cat. With myself, mostly. When people study me and guess, shit, I get annoyed like a beast ».

Finally, the last message to fellow chemotherapy ladies. This time he plays the song "Crazy". « My heroes had the heart / To lose their lives out on a limb / And all I remember / Is thinking, I want to be like them », say the words.

Re: Messina Denaro arrested!! - 02/20/23 10:57 PM

Re: Messina Denaro arrested!! - 02/21/23 08:59 PM

“Why instead of supplying weapons, western states don't tell this buffoonish president (Zelensky, ed ) to resign, fix things and provide humanitarian aid? ”. “ They want us to understand that Russia is wrong, but they are not wrong. It's not Putin who wants to put missiles in America, it's the other way around. If Putin weren't a nuclear power, America would have already bombed him , the speech doesn't start now, but in 2014, when they fomented a coup, this buffoon came up... and they've been killing people for 8 years in Donbass" .
These are the words of the massacre boss Matteo Messina Denaro contained in various audios aired in the last episode of It's not the Arena , on La7 , conducted by journalist Massimo Giletti .

Re: Messina Denaro arrested!! - 02/23/23 12:10 PM

Italy’s Most Wanted Mafia Boss Set For High-End Movie Following Arrest After 30 Years on the Run
Nick Vivarelli
Thu, February 23, 2023 at 11:36 AM GMT+1·2 min read

The story of Italy’s most-wanted Mafia boss, Matteo Messina Denaro, whose recent arrest by police in Palermo after 30 years on the run made global headlines, is set to become a big-budget film.

Rome-based producer Marco Belardi (“Perfect Strangers”) has acquired rights to ace anti-Mafia journalist Lirio Abbate’s book about the Cosa Nostra boss. The book is titled “U Siccu,” which is Sicilian dialect that translates as “The Skinny One.”

Messina Denaro was arrested in mid-January by dozens of police officers outside an upscale medical facility in Palermo where he had been undergoing cancer treatment for a year under false identity.

Belardi’s company Bamboo Productions has announced plans for the tale of this elusive top mafioso, convicted of masterminding some of Italy’s most heinous slayings – including the killings of prosecutors Giovanni Falcone and Paolo Borsellino, and the grisly murder of a Mafia turncoat’s young son, who was strangled before his body was dissolved in a vat of acid – to become “a major motion picture” directed by a still unspecified top Italian helmer, it said in a statement.

Abbate’s book, which is published by Rizzoli and has sold well in Italy, is a portrait of Messina Denaro that delves into various aspects of his life and personality including his love of luxury from an early age; his womanizing amid Palermo’s nightlife; and his being a ruthless killer who rose up the ranks to become the operative who implemented Cosa Nostra’s decision in the 1990s to kill the country’s top anti-Mafia prosecutors with consecutive bombings in 1992 as well as dozens of other murders. It also covers his role as father and his ability as a fugitive and as a businessman who forged ties with politics, the financial world, and Italy’s Freemasonry.

Bamboo Production was launched last year by Belardi, who formerly headed film and TV company Lotus Production, which besides producing globally adapted megahit “Perfect Strangers,” also spawned a steady stream of other hits such as Gabriele Muccino’s “There Is No Place Like Home,” which in 2018 pulled in more than $10 million locally, and has been spun off recently into a successful TV series for Sky.

Re: Messina Denaro arrested!! - 02/25/23 10:00 PM

Denaro's expenses were up to 15 thousand euros per month to maintain a very high standard of living. But who physically brought the Money? And where did that river of money come from? The close circle of historical supporters and the family of the mafia boss is being investigated.

They will also go after his assets he's worth millions.

Re: Messina Denaro arrested!! - 02/25/23 11:52 PM

Worth millions? More like hundreds of millions or even more. They've already seized a few billion in assets.

Re: Messina Denaro arrested!! - 02/26/23 12:39 AM

Worth millions? More like hundreds of millions or even more. They've already seized a few billion in assets.

I was a little conservative lol.

Four billion euros. It is the estimate (probably by default) of the assets already seized and confiscated from Matteo Messina Denaro.

Re: Messina Denaro arrested!! - 02/27/23 02:29 AM

The sociologist and journalist Mauro Rostagno was killed on 26 September 1988 in Valderice at the behest of Ciccio Messina Denaro, father of Matteo. Rostagno was killed for having unveiled the links between the Mafia, Freemasonry and politics in the Trapani area. Among the many delicate investigations that he dealt with there was a particularly burning one, concerning Gladio, the paramilitary organization.

Re: Messina Denaro arrested!! - 02/27/23 02:43 AM

Nino Giuffrè explained it although not far from Palermo, a one hour drive, Trapani was another mafia. A meeting place for freemasons and rogue intelligence. A very powerful lodge was Scontrino.

Re: Messina Denaro arrested!! - 02/27/23 03:09 AM

The alleged pact between the State and Mafia fell apart in 2002. Cosa Nostra had achieved nothing. There were no revisions of Mafia trials, no changes in the law of asset seizures and no changes in the harsh prison laws (41 bis). But I do think after 2002 the freemasons have only become more powerful also because Provenzano led a moderate mafia that is what the freemasons wanted.

Re: Messina Denaro arrested!! - 02/27/23 03:28 AM

But they still didn't catch Bernardo Provenzano for another 4 years, and Matteo Messina Denaro for another 21 years. That takes a lot of political backing, among other things.

Re: Messina Denaro arrested!! - 02/27/23 03:32 AM

Yes don't forget Silvio Berlusconi was Prime Minister of Italy three times: from April 27, 1994 to January 17, 1995, from June 11, 2001 to May 17, 2006 and from May 8, 2008 to November 16, 2011.

Re: Messina Denaro arrested!! - 02/27/23 11:58 AM

The alleged pact between the State and Mafia fell apart in 2002. Cosa Nostra had achieved nothing. There were no revisions of Mafia trials, no changes in the law of asset seizures and no changes in the harsh prison laws (41 bis). But I do think after 2002 the freemasons have only become more powerful also because Provenzano led a moderate mafia that is what the freemasons wanted.

I believe that the criminal system is weaker than in the 1980s and 1990s when the Freemasons could count on the mafia to kill anyone with impunity

Re: Messina Denaro arrested!! - 02/27/23 01:23 PM

I wouldn't necessarily say with impunity, because it all caught up with them eventually. The reason the Mafia isn't killing like that anymore, especially members of the State, is because they're working on becoming one with the State again. Their weapons today are infiltration and subversion of the political and business spheres rather than bullets and bombs. I'm really amazed at how Cosa Nostra really has a grip on the island's underworld and everyone listens to whoever it is in charge. There's rarely ever a Mafia killing in Sicily anymore, unlike other Italian regions like Puglia, Campania, and Calabria.

Re: Messina Denaro arrested!! - 02/27/23 01:38 PM

I wouldn't necessarily say with impunity, because it all caught up with them eventually. The reason the Mafia isn't killing like that anymore, especially members of the State, is because they're working on becoming one with the State again. Their weapons today are infiltration and subversion of the political and business spheres rather than bullets and bombs. I'm really amazed at how Cosa Nostra really has a grip on the island's underworld and everyone listens to whoever it is in charge. There's rarely ever a Mafia killing in Sicily anymore, unlike other Italian regions like Puglia, Campania, and Calabria.

yes, their main target nowadays is the infiltration of politcs/institutions and legit economy minimizing the number of homicides; Cosa Nostra has still a hierarchical structure that's why it kills less than other organizations that have a horizontal one, like the Camorra

Re: Messina Denaro arrested!! - 02/27/23 05:27 PM

We always talk about Falcone and Borsellino but there were so many judges policemen communist leaders and others killed in Riina's war. Cosa Nostra is still very powerful maybe even underrated nowadays because Ndrangheta is now in the spotlight.

Re: Messina Denaro arrested!! - 03/02/23 11:38 PM

He responded about Baiardo !

Messina Denaro would have commented on the declarations of Salvatore Baiardo , the Graviano brothers' loyalist who spoke again on Sunday in the program "Non è l'Arena" . The same Baiardo who last November had prophesied the imminent capture of the mafia boss, reporting his serious illness and his possible surrender.
“No, Baiardo didn't know anything - he would have said from his single cell in the L'Aquila prison - He couldn't have known that I had cancer. For the simple reason that five people knew I was sick in my house. Just five or six. How did Baiardo know? He took a guess ” . And then again: "I'm pissed off about the news I hear from the news... Lies are told and it's all the result of misunderstandings" .
Almost lapidary statements accompanied by a shrug of the shoulders.

Re: Messina Denaro arrested!! - 03/03/23 12:02 AM

Just as Riina rejected the idea of having been the object of a negotiation to guarantee Bernardo Provenzano's hiding, so Messina Denaro wants to remove any suspicion of having been the object of sacrifice in favor of other bosses.

Re: Messina Denaro arrested!! - 03/03/23 10:43 AM

The Messina Denaro Dynasty between arrests and fugitives
Rosalia, sister of the fugitive, ended up in prison today

ANSA Editorial Staff
PALERMO
03 March 2023

Even if buried by life sentences and hundreds of years in prison, they have always been under investigation and for this reason forced to exercise maniacal caution, they have never renounced the mafia "faith".

A criminal dynasty that of Messina Denaro, historic mafia family of Castelvetrano that today with the arrest of Rosalia, sister of the ex fugitive Matteo loses another piece.

In the beginning it was Don Ciccio, the undisputed boss of the district, who died on the run. His body, ready for burial, was found on November 30, 1998 on the street after an anonymous call to the police.
Don Ciccio had four daughters and two sons. Of the males, the designated heir to the top of the family, Matteo, was captured on January 16 after a 30-year hunt.
The other, Salvatore, the eldest, released from prison in 2006 after serving a sentence for the mafia, was re-arrested on the same charges in 2010. It didn't go any better for the daughters and for the rest of the family: Patrizia, sentenced in definitively of 16 years for mafia association and her husband Vincenzo Panicola; Rosario Allegra, husband of Giovanna, died in his cell and Gaspare Como, husband of Bice, is detained at 41 bis. Today it was Rosalia's turn.

Re: Messina Denaro arrested!! - 03/03/23 06:46 PM

Sister of Sicilian mafia’s ‘last godfather’ arrested over secret notes
Matteo Messina Denaro’s hand-typed instructions found hidden in sofa at home of his sister Rosalia, say police

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...over-secret-notes-rosalia-messina-denaro

Re: Messina Denaro arrested!! - 03/03/23 06:48 PM

Looks like she still lived in the house where MMD grew up.

Re: Messina Denaro arrested!! - 03/05/23 06:13 PM

She is also the mother of his lawyer Lorenza Guttadauro. According to the police, the woman was becoming the new "strategic force" behind Cosa Nostra.
The detectives found that the note in the chair leg referred to a hospital patient. The detective had previously determined that Matteo Messina Denaro had Crohn's disease, a chronic inflammation of the intestines. This had been discussed in tapped telephone conversations. The information on the note provided clues that were decisive in the search for Matteo Messina's whereabouts. The police photographed it and put it back. Rosalia Messina was not allowed to know that the police had found the note.
There were also striking technical terms in the notes, apparently code language. The police believe that this indicated corrupt contacts in the government apparatus. And one “Parmigiano” would be a corrupt very big businessman.

A handwritten letter resembling a political manifesto, apparently written by Matteo Messina, was also found and was addressed to his sister. In it he sketches the Cosa Nostra as a kind of resistance organization against the background of Italian history. According to him, it is "an honor" to be prosecuted for mafia membership. Messina Denaro writes, among other things:

We've been persecuted like we were villains. Treated like we were not of the human race. We have become an ethnic group to be wiped out. And yet we, children of this land of Sicily, are tired of being overwhelmed by first a Piedmontese and then a Roman state that we do not recognize. We are Sicilians and we wanted to stay that way. They have made up a big lie for the people. We the bad, they the good.

Re: Messina Denaro arrested!! - 03/08/23 06:18 PM

The hearing of the trial in progress before the Caltanissetta assize court of appeal is scheduled for tomorrow, in which Matteo Messina Denaro is accused of the massacres of Capaci and Via D'Amelio which cost the lives of judges Giovanni Falcone and Paolo Borsellino and escort agents.
Lorenza Guttadauro, niece of the mafia boss, whom he appointed trusted lawyer, will not defend the godfather in this proceeding.
You have in fact renounced your mandate because, according to what is learned, you would not have had the time to prepare the defense speech scheduled for tomorrow.
At the last hearing on January 18, scheduled two days after the arrest of the boss, the criminal lawyer asked the court for a term in defense precisely to study the proceedings of the trial followed up to then by the lawyers of office. But her commitments dictated by her visits to her uncle detained in L'Aquila and by participation in the interrogations to which he was subjected would not have allowed her to complete the investigation of a very complex process.
In the first instance, Messina Denaro was sentenced to life imprisonment. At the last hearing he chose not to participate via videoconference.

Re: Messina Denaro arrested!! - 03/08/23 06:26 PM

[Linked Image]

Re: Messina Denaro arrested!! - 03/16/23 07:58 AM

Emanuele Bonafede and his wife Lorena Ninfa Lanceri have been arrested they were in the closest circle of the mafia boss.
The couple is framed by a photo of the boss smoking a cigar and holding a cognac glass in his hand, taken at the home of the two spouses accused of aiding and abetting. The shot, in the living room of the house, dates back to a few years ago and shows only the body of the then fugitive, whose face was specially cut off.

The woman, Lorena Lanceri, would have been very close to Matteo Messina Denaro, according to what emerges from the investigation by the Carabinieri del Ros, who took her and her husband to jail. The military found numerous evidence of the relationship between the boss and Lanceri. Messina Denaro, to hide her true identity, called her Diletta.

[Linked Image]

Re: Messina Denaro arrested!! - 03/17/23 05:21 AM

Bonafede and MMD speak in a supermarket.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: GangstersInc

Re: Messina Denaro arrested!! - 03/19/23 09:50 AM

“I pay for the surname I carry" - The loyal sisters of Sicilian Mafia boss Matteo Messina Denaro https://gangstersinc.org/blog/the-sisters-of-sicilian-mafia-boss-matteo-messina-denaro

Re: Messina Denaro arrested!! - 03/21/23 08:15 AM

Mafia superboss Matteo Messina Denaro said he planned to take his own life before his cancer got the better of him, according to a letter penned to his sister before his capture and published by La Repubblica newspaper on Monday.
"I will not die of cancer, as soon as I cannot take it any more I will kill myself at home and you will find me.

I will tell you when the time comes," wrote the now jailed Messina Denaro, who was captured at a Palermo cancer clinic in January after 30 years on the run.

Re: Messina Denaro arrested!! - 03/21/23 06:03 PM

The former fugitive spent 5 years in Campobello di Mazara a few kilometers from Castelvetrano, his home town. He used the name Francesco Salsi as a cover identity and went around on a BMW enduro motorcycle.

Re: Messina Denaro arrested!! - 03/22/23 11:05 PM

Mafia, Messina Denaro: "I didn't give the order to kill little Di Matteo"
Messina Denaro tries to reduce his role in the killing of little Giuseppe Di Matteo by unloading the responsibility on Giovanni Brusca

Posted 1 dayFrom editorial staff
Kidnapping yes, murder no. Matteo Messina Denaro tries to reduce his role in the killing of little Giuseppe Di Matteo by unloading the responsibility for having ordered the child's suppression onto Giovanni Brusca. The boss, as reported by the Livesicilia.it website, thus answered the questions of the investigating judge Alfredo Montalto.

Giuseppe Di Matteo was kidnapped in the stables of Villabate where he rode on horseback on November 23, 1993. He was just 12 years old. With the kidnapping, the mafia wanted to induce father Santino Di Matteo, who had become a collaborator of justice, to retract his revelations. While waiting for an afterthought that never happened, Giuseppe was transferred from one prison to another in the provinces of Palermo, Trapani, Agrigento.

The first farm to which he was taken, hooded and locked in the trunk of a car, was in Campobello di Mazara, the very town of Messina Denaro's last hideout. Here the little boy spent a period of his horrible imprisonment in the country house of Giuseppe Costa, a loyal follower of the fugitive boss at the time. After an ordeal lasting more than two years, on 11 January 1996 Giovanni Brusca gave the order to kill the child who was strangled and dissolved in acid. It is precisely from this horror that Messina Denaro has now distanced itself. That order, he repeated, did not come from him.

Re: Messina Denaro arrested!! - 03/25/23 10:48 PM

THE BOND WITH THE CUNTRERA -CARUANA - 13/15

by Giuseppe Pipitone | JANUARY 16, 2023
It is also on the basis of this long experience in the field that Paci has reconstructed the origins of Messina Denaro's criminal career. The magistrate has carried out an investigation that order in 40 years of forgotten judicial papers. The result was to cast a different light not only on the fundamental role that Matteo played in the massacres, but also on the high connections established in remote years by the Messina Denaros in the complex criminal landscape. Paci discovered that already in the 1950s Don Ciccio Messina Denaro was linked to the Cuntrera and Caruana : even a member of the Siculiana clanhe was a witness at the wedding of Matteo's father. In the 1960s, the Cuntreras and Caruanas left the province of Agrigento to emigrate to Canada and then also to Great Britain and Venezuela: in a short time they would become among the main drug traffickers in the world. It is estimated that 80 percent of the drugs produced in Colombia arrived in the United States via Caracas: there it was the people of Siculiana who distributed them. The peak, according to the DEA , was reached in 1983: 3 billion drug dollars laundered by the Agrigento mafiosi, who worked with the Colombian cartels, from Pablo Escobar to Calì. The link between Venezuelaand Messina Denaro also emerges from other old forgotten papers. There is a Mafia turncoat, a minor one, called Franco Safina: twenty years ago he said that Messina Denaro had a treasure in Venezuela, created after investing five million dollars in a poultry company. Isn't five million for a poultry company a bit much? Was it poultry or was it cocaine? Salvatore Grigoli, Don Pino Puglisi's killer, also speaks of Venezuela : in the 1990s he was wounded after an attack in Alcamo. With him was Matteo, who told him: "If you want, you can go to Venezuela for a certain period and don't worry". Grigoli never went to Venezuela. Messina Denaro who knows.

DELL'UTRI'S FRIEND
The one who has certainly been a guest of the Cuntera and Caruana is Filippo Alberto Rapisarda , a flashy man who had ended up in Milan from the heart of Sicily to lead Inim, a company that had become the third largest Italian real estate group. Well dressed, pleasant and with bloody manners, he had established his headquarters in via Chiaravalle, in a large sixteenth-century building a stone's throw from the Duomo: it is there, in those nine thousand square meters with frescoed ceilings, that years later the first Forza Italia club. In fact, when he was at the height of his success, another young Sicilian transplanted to Milan had gone to work for Rapisarda: his name is Marcello Dell'Utri and he had already worked in the real estate field, as close collaborators ofSilvio Berlusconi at the Edilnord.

The experience of the third largest Italian real estate group, however, goes badly: the companies collapse and an arrest warrant is issued for Rapisarda for fraudulent bankruptcy. The Sicilian flees, leaves Milan and Italy and runs away on the run for seven years. He first goes to Paris, then to Venezuela where he is a guest of Cuntrera and Caruana. Those are years in which Caracas and Castelvetrano seem very close. Rapisarda, in fact, will attempt to carry out a real estate speculation near Selinunte, near the ruins of the ancient Greek city. As had already happened in the Inim affair, even in the Selinunte affair Rapisarda's partner is Francesco Paolo Alamia, a very thin engineer with important friends: he was a man of Vito Ciancimino, the former mafia mayor of Palermo, the mastermind of the "sack" who destroyed the city center to create one of the most impressive building speculations in Italian history. Very close to Don Vito, Alamia will also have relations with Messina Denaro. A circumstance that emerged only a few years ago, shortly before the engineer's death. After forty years of judicial investigations, in fact, Alamia was suspected of having ordered the murder of one of his associates, Antonio Maiorana , who disappeared into thin air together with his son in 2007. That affair will greatly disturb the waters within Cosa nostra: Salvatore Lo Piccolo, who at the time was the undisputed leader of Palermo, will even order an internal investigation of the mafia to understand who had dared to commit that double crime without his consent. He will even ask Messina Denaro for explanations, summoned to his villa on the outskirts of Palermo for a summit. That meeting will never take place: on the same day, in fact, Lo Piccolo is arrested after a quarter of a century in hiding. Matteo, on the other hand, manages to save himself once again.

https://www.ilfattoquotidiano.it/20...o-i-rapporti-con-la-politica/6629144/13/

Re: Messina Denaro arrested!! - 03/26/23 12:40 PM

Messina Denaro's mail, pizzini with bosses and infiltrators: "After reading them, don't tear them up but burn them"
The rules of the former fugitive to prevent the messages from being discovered and ending up in the hands of the investigators. The correspondence with Bernardo Provenzano, Salvatore Lo Piccolo, but also with the former mayor Antonio Vaccarino and with his sister "Rosetta" shows that few of him listened to him. I prosecutor: "In all the hideouts you will find letters: exceptional material"

The investigators found many pizzini written by Messina Denaro

"After reading this letter, don't tear it up, burn it", this was the recommendation of the boss Matteo Messina Denaro in the correspondence entertained under the pseudonym of "Alessio" with the former mayor Antonino Vaccarino, alias "Svetonius", who died in 2021 and that through the SISDE years ago he had managed to hook up the ex super fugitive, without however the operation ultimately leading to the capture of the mafioso. A clear and fundamental recommendation which, however, was not respected even by the sister of the mafia boss, "Rosetta", who ended up in prison , and who, precisely because she did not destroy the pizzini - or for having copied them - involuntarily put the investigators on the right track to identify , after thirty years on the run,

The investigating judge: "The boss didn't hide and showed his face to everyone"

Messages with Provenzano, Lo Piccolo and Vaccarino
As stated in the order of the investigating judge Alfredo Montalto which led to the arrest of Rosalia Messina Denaro, alias "Fragolone", the mafia boss "had built around himself a solid and well-tested communication system through pizzini" which, before 16 January last year, when it was blocked at the La Maddalena clinic, it was made up of three well-known strands: one with Bernardo Provenzano (the messages were seized on 11 April 2006, after the capture of the head of Cosa Nostra in Montagna dei Cavalli), another with Vaccarino (who was acquired through the former Sisde) and finally the one with the "baron" of San Lorenzo, the boss Salvatore Lo Piccolo (the notes were also found in this case at the time of his arrest, on 5 November 2007 ).

"Scientific method still in use: pizzini found in all hideouts"
This communication system - made of rolled up notes, sealed with adhesive tape, often hidden in small packets, with code names and hand-delivered by a human chain - according to the investigators "still works today in a scientific and orthodox way within Cosa Nostra". So much so that, as the prosecutor Maurizio De Lucia writes, the deputy Paolo Guido and the deputies Gianluca De Leo and Pierangelo Padova, who coordinate the investigations of the Ros "in all the sites in the availability of Messina Denaro's family members were found, meticulously concealed , a consistent number of pizzini".

The "ingenious rules" of the mafioso
The former fugitive had always "characterized the transmission (and above all the conservation) of the pizzini by the adoption of ingenious precautions - reads the precautionary custody order - first of all the rule of the absolute prohibition of leaving any material trace of the written : it has always been a peremptory order from the boss to his epistolary interlocutors to burn and/or destroy the pizzino received immediately after reading it".

Re: Messina Denaro arrested!! - 06/08/23 04:12 PM

''No worsening for Messina Denaro'', says the Head of Oncology at the L'Aquila hospital
AMTwo thousand 08 June 2023
"There has been no substantial worsening of the state of the disease, no hospitalization is in sight, the situation is characterized by a normal course of a cancer patient". This was told to the ANSA agency by Professor Luciano Mutti , head of the oncology department of the L'Aquila hospital, head of the team that is treating the mafia boss, Matteo Messina Denaro , suffering from colon cancer, locked up under regime of 41bis in the maximum security prison of L'Aquila. With very measured words given the delicacy of the case and the great reserve that is imposed on the affair, the professor underlines that there is therefore no cause for immediate alarm for Messina Denaro.
The former fugitive, arrested in Palermo on 16 January and from the following day locked up in the prison located in the Aquilan hamlet of Preturo, continues his treatment in prison: in particular, he undergoes, in the clinic created ad hoc for reasons of security, in a prison room in front of his cell, with regular cycles of chemotherapy and pain therapy.
"Messina Denaro continues the treatments, like any other patient suffering from this disease - explained Professor Mutti -. I can only stigmatize the interpretation given to some of my statements: I only said as a general principle that an oncological patient is subject in his journey to hospitalizations. It can happen. But this is not the case. There is noAccording to what has been learned, the 61-year-old mafia boss leads a regular life, moves around, can eat anything: naturally, compatibly with the hard prison regime.

Re: Messina Denaro arrested!! - 06/09/23 09:40 PM

Luciano Mutti, what a name.

Re: Messina Denaro arrested!! - 06/27/23 12:04 PM

Messina Denaro in hospital for surgery
Jailed superboss has urological problems unrelated to cancer

(ANSA) - ROME, JUN 27 - Cosa Nostra superboss Matteo Messina Denaro, caught after 30 years on the run at a Palermo cancer clinic in mid-January, has been admitted to hospital for surgery, sources said Tuesday.
The jailed mafioso, who is being held under Italy's tough 41 bis regime in L'Aquila's maximum security prison, was said to be suffering from urological problems that are unrelated to his colon cancer.

He was taken to L'Aquila hospital, which has been put under extraordinary security measures.
The Trapani superboss has been condemned to life in prison for his involvement in dozens of murders, including the 1992 bombings that killed anti-Mafia magistrates Giovanni Falcone and Paolo Borsellino, the killing of Giuseppe Di Matteo, the 12-year-old son of a mobster-turned-State witness who was strangled and dissolved in acid in 1996, and bombings at art and religious sites in Milan, Florence and Rome that killed 10 people and hurt 40 more in 1993.
Following his arrest in January, he is now being treated for cancer in a special chemotherapy facility that has been set up in L'Aquila prison.
(ANSA).

Re: Messina Denaro arrested!! - 07/20/23 09:58 PM

They offer Corona stolen files on Messina Denaro, marshal and city councilor arrested
July 20, 2023
The model is investigated, the house is searched. "I am an honest citizen, but since my name is Fabrizio Corona he is suspected of having done something shady"

A marshal of the carabinieri and a city councilor would have tried to sell over seven hundred highly secret files on the investigations that led to the arrest of the boss Matteo Messina Denaro through the mediation of Fabrizio Corona, the former 'king of the paparazzi' for years slipped into an abyss of judicial troubles. The first two were arrested and placed under house arrest according to the provisions of the Palermo prosecutor's office led by Maurizio de Lucia and the deputy Paolo Guido . They are the marshal of the carabinieri of Mazara del Vallo, Luigi Pirollo , and the city councilor Giorgio Randazzo .

Re: Messina Denaro arrested!! - 08/08/23 06:46 PM

The End is near.

Ailing Italian Mafia boss Messina Denaro moved to hospital
Reuters
August 8, 20236:05 PM GMT+2Updated 3 hours ago

ROME, Aug 8 (Reuters) - Jailed top Sicilian Mafia boss Matteo Messina Denaro has been transferred to hospital, Italian media reported on Tuesday, after one of his lawyers said his health had deteriorated and he needed urgent medical care.

Messina Denaro, 61, was suffering from cancer at the time of his arrest in Palermo in January after 30 years on the run.

He was moved under tight security to the San Salvatore hospital in the central Italian town of L'Aquila, close to the prison where he had been detained, the Ansa news agency reported.

Advertisement · Scroll to continue
A justice ministry spokesperson did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

Messina Denaro, who had surgery in late June, is now too ill to cope with the strict prison regime imposed on Mafia members, lawyer Alessandro Cerella earlier told the AGI news agency. The former Mafia boss was surviving on a diet of fruit juices and food supplements, he added.

Dubbed "the last Godfather" by the Italian press, Messina Denaro is not believed to have given any information to the police after he was seized outside a private health clinic in the Sicilian capital Palermo on Jan. 16.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET