Home

Most powerful Irish Mobs

Posted By: Blackmobs

Most powerful Irish Mobs - 11/24/22 12:06 AM

There was many powerful irish mob. If you had to do a top 5 of the most powerful irish mob/gangs in history. Men power, capacity of making money, corruptions, political reach, territories, etc ?

Winter hill gang from Boston
Kinahan cartel from Ireland
The Westies from Manhattan
Gustin gang from Boston
Schuylkill Rangers from Philly
North Side gang from Chicago
Irishtown Bend from Cleveland
The Celtic Club from Cleveland
The West End gang from Montreal
And others

So who are the top 5 most powerful irish groups ?
Posted By: m2w

Re: Most powerful Irish Mobs - 11/24/22 11:57 AM

in my opinion Kinahan cartel, the Westies and the West End gang
Posted By: Dwalin2011

Re: Most powerful Irish Mobs - 11/24/22 03:32 PM

The North Side gang in Chicago wasn't really Irish, it was more a mixed group; only the first boss, Dean O'Banion, was Irish. Even George ''Bugs'' Moran wasn't Irish, but ethnic French, his real name was Adelard Cunin.

The Touhy brothers in Chicago headed a mostly Irish organization though, I think.
Posted By: Hollander

Re: Most powerful Irish Mobs - 11/25/22 12:13 AM

Adams family aka The A-team in London, England is notorious,

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/meet-real-life-gangs-london-28278486
Posted By: jace

Re: Most powerful Irish Mobs - 11/25/22 05:20 PM

It depends on which was the most tightly structured and had a long lasting boss and crew. The Westies were dangerous, but had a very loose structure and guys came and went as they pleased. The ones in Chicago that fought with Capone, although mixed, were more dangerous and structured. Regarding any group being of mixed heritages, the Mafia had many top associates with a lot of power who were non-italian.
Posted By: Hollander

Re: Most powerful Irish Mobs - 11/26/22 01:06 PM

Winter Hill had a pretty long run formed in 1955.
The Mullen Gang was another gang in south boston and the Charlestown Mob in Charlestown,
Posted By: mike68

Re: Most powerful Irish Mobs - 11/27/22 04:14 AM

Whitey Bulger was an absolute killer who had power in law enforcement due to corrupt agents and politics as well due to his brother.
Posted By: Blackmobs

Re: Most powerful Irish Mobs - 11/27/22 02:24 PM

Kinahan cartel seem to be the most powerful irish organized crime for now.
There alliances with other groups, and there presence in manu countries in Europe seem to be so powerful.

After, I would go with the West end gang. During the 70s, the FBI put the leader of the west end gang in the top 5 biggest drug dealer in the world (or the continent)

I guest the third spot would be between the winter hill gang and the westies.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET