Home

Why didn’t Corallo choose Accetturo

Posted By: Jshov31

Why didn’t Corallo choose Accetturo - 10/29/22 05:45 PM

Do you think the Bronx and Brooklyn factions would have went to war a la Persico vs Orena?
Posted By: DetroitPartnership

Re: Why didn’t Corallo choose Accetturo - 10/29/22 09:35 PM

Many believe Accetturo was cooperating for years as a confidential informant; at least Ricciardi who used to post at Black Hand.
Posted By: Jshov31

Re: Why didn’t Corallo choose Accetturo - 10/30/22 01:01 AM

I disagree. I don’t think he started giving real, worthwhile info until the situation with Amuso and Casso. I’m of the belief that almost all the guys in the street(by street I mean full time criminals) throw the cops a bone or two against a rival to keep themselves on the street. It comes with the territory. To tell on your friends or members of your crew though is a different story. I don’t think he did.
Posted By: hoodlum

Re: Why didn’t Corallo choose Accetturo - 10/30/22 04:55 PM

Originally Posted by Jshov31
I disagree. I don’t think he started giving real, worthwhile info until the situation with Amuso and Casso. I’m of the belief that almost all the guys in the street(by street I mean full time criminals) throw the cops a bone or two against a rival to keep themselves on the street. It comes with the territory. To tell on your friends or members of your crew though is a different story. I don’t think he did.

Vic Amuso is probably on his deathbed soon..a good pal of Nicky Scarfo Sr. ..they r doomed in jail..Bobby Manna also.
Posted By: Liggio

Re: Why didn’t Corallo choose Accetturo - 10/31/22 02:22 AM

I just can't see the power base of a New York Family going to New Jersey.
Posted By: hoodlum

Re: Why didn’t Corallo choose Accetturo - 10/31/22 03:07 AM

Originally Posted by Liggio
I just can't see the power base of a New York Family going to New Jersey.

Hmmm....that sounds like a whole 'nother story....good point.
Posted By: dsd

Re: Why didn’t Corallo choose Accetturo - 10/31/22 04:09 PM

I was skimming through my copy of the boys from New Jersey book and i saw a couple of lines that said that tumac thought he was in charge but the Tacetta brothers had all the power.
Wasn't he, aa, living in Florida almost permanently by the 80s?
Was the poster Ricciardi from the black hand the brother? Or just a name?
Posted By: Zavattoni

Re: Why didn’t Corallo choose Accetturo - 10/31/22 08:57 PM

@Liggio

I agree; The Lucchese’s definitely weren’t going to allow the New Jersey faction to take over.

Tony Ducks Corallo did allow them not to “kick up” much money and generally left them alone.

Accetturo was close to Corallo and it’s possible (Accetturo) could have became underboss once Corallo took over the family in the 70’s.

@Dsd

Yea; he moved to Florida to avoid a subpoena I believe. (Not totally sure)

Posted By: dsd

Re: Why didn’t Corallo choose Accetturo - 10/31/22 10:22 PM

ha ha!!
" Tumac, 47, long avoided prosecution by claiming to have Alzheimers disease.
He ,had a miracle ' cure' by slipping in a prison shower after the case was closed. "

From the boys book.
Posted By: furio_from_naples

Re: Why didn’t Corallo choose Accetturo - 11/01/22 12:04 AM

Originally Posted by Jshov31
Do you think the Bronx and Brooklyn factions would have went to war a la Persico vs Orena?

I think that Acceturro was on investigation for what will become the 21 months trial,anf anyway the NY based mobsters never had much respect of Jersey boys.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET