Home

Chazz Palminteri's mob connections

Posted By: ralphie_cifaretto

Chazz Palminteri's mob connections - 09/17/22 09:04 AM

After having listened to a few episodes of his podcast (which is pretty decent), I am left wondering who he is talking about at times. He doesn't tell you any names (especially if the guys are still living), but he says just about enough to tell you who he's talking about. I know he has had good relationships with Patsy Parrello and Joe Dente Sr. Brooklyn bred Rusty Rastelli was apparently a friend of his as well. I've been told that one of his best friends is Michael "Mikey Nose" Mancuso, a man he still appears to be in close contact with. One man I'm not sure about is the Sonny from A Bronx Tale. I've heard a couple of different names thrown out there
Posted By: NYMafia

Re: Chazz Palminteri's mob connections - 09/18/22 12:35 PM

Growing up in an Italian neighborhood in the Bronx how could he not be familiar with various guys? Between grade school, playing in the streets after school, mutual neighborhood kids he knew, girlfriends, extended families of friends, etc., etc. It would have been a near impossibility. Most any fella who grew up within the five-boros had at least some contact (if not friendships) with other local guys, some of whom later became knock around guys.
Posted By: ralphie_cifaretto

Re: Chazz Palminteri's mob connections - 09/18/22 01:12 PM

Originally Posted by NYMafia
Growing up in an Italian neighborhood in the Bronx how could he not be familiar with various guys?

Obviously, but thank you for the enlightenment

Re: Chazz Palminteri's mob connections - 09/18/22 01:31 PM

Originally Posted by ralphie_cifaretto
Growing up in an Italian neighborhood in the Bronx how could he not be familiar with various guys?

Obviously, but thank you for the enlightenment

No problem, and you're welcome! I'm always happy to try and "enlighten" you ralphie.
Posted By: Hollander

Re: Chazz Palminteri's mob connections - 09/18/22 11:22 PM

A Bronx Tale is one of my favorite mob movies, directed by DeNiro pretty underrated.

Re: Chazz Palminteri's mob connections - 09/18/22 11:29 PM

Originally Posted by Hollander
A Bronx Tale is one of my favorite mob movies, directed by DeNiro pretty underrated.

"A Bronx Tale" is one of the more realistic and accurate depictions of mob life in NYC. Both DeNiro and Palmentieri, as well as Lillo Brancato (and the young boy who played him as a kid) were fabulous.

A bit of mob trivia for the forum. The young boy who played "C" as a child was, in real life, the grandson of a Bronx-based wiseguy. At the time it was an inside joke with guys "in the know" in NYC.
Posted By: Millspgh

Re: Chazz Palminteri's mob connections - 09/20/22 01:18 AM

"A Bronx Tale" is one of the more realistic and accurate depictions of mob life in NYC. Both DeNiro and Palmentieri, as well as Lillo Brancato (and the young boy who played him as a kid) were fabulous.

A bit of mob trivia for the forum. The young boy who played "C" as a child was, in real life, the grandson of a Bronx-based wiseguy. At the time it was an inside joke with guys "in the know" in NYC.

Any wiseguy we know of?
Posted By: jace

Re: Chazz Palminteri's mob connections - 09/20/22 02:37 AM

Interesting if true. The movie father of the kid hated the wise guys in ht movie version, I don't know how he was portrayed in Palimenteri's original play.
Posted By: JCrusher

Re: Chazz Palminteri's mob connections - 09/24/22 01:52 AM

A Bronx Tale is one of my favorite mob movies, directed by DeNiro pretty underrated

. Great Film. Not as big fan of Deniro on a personal level nowadays but can’t deny that he did a wonderful job directing. Obviously Chazz steals the show as Sonny
Posted By: jace

Re: Chazz Palminteri's mob connections - 09/25/22 03:21 PM

I hate DENIro but Bronx Tale was good. It would have been better if DeNiro had not changed it tp put in the racial story line, which was not in Chazz's original play which the film is based on. Chazz P. was on the radio a few days ago promoting a revival of the play, I was hoping he would volunteer the info on who Sonny was based on. He didn't. I notice he is never (As far as I know) asked it. Maybe he has an agreement before an interview on what they can ask.
Posted By: DuesPaid

Re: Chazz Palminteri's mob connections - 09/28/22 12:50 AM

We really need a thumbs up and thumbs down on individual posts on this site.

Re: Chazz Palminteri's mob connections - 09/28/22 10:38 PM

DeNiro should stay out of politics, but wow what an actor he was/is.

Re: Chazz Palminteri's mob connections - 07/04/23 10:23 PM

Posted By: Turnbull

Re: Chazz Palminteri's mob connections - 07/05/23 03:20 AM

Originally Posted by jace
It would have been better if DeNiro had not changed it tp put in the racial story line, which was not in Chazz's original play which the film is based on. .

Everyone I know who, like me, grew up in Brooklyn neighborhoods had the same reaction to that line: "Yeah, right..." rolleyes

Re: Chazz Palminteri's mob connections - 07/06/23 01:12 AM

© 2024 GangsterBB.NET