Home

Best Crime Comedy Movie ?

Posted By: Lou_Para

Best Crime Comedy Movie ? - 08/22/22 11:17 PM

Just for "something completely different", how about picks for the best Comedic Mob or non Mob movie ?
I'll kick it out with two:

1) Wise Guys-Danny DeVito & Joe Piscopo

2) The Gang that couldn't shoot straight (rumored to be loosely based on the life of Joe Gallo)- Jerry Orbach & and a young Robert DeNiro. (1971)

This was one of the earliest DeNiro roles.Two years later he did Mean Streets,and a year after that Godfather 2.
Posted By: ralphie_cifaretto

Re: Best Crime Comedy Movie ? - 08/22/22 11:23 PM

Best mob comedy? I dont know I always liked Oscar with Sly Stallone. I watch it every Thanksgiving with my mommy

Re: Best Crime Comedy Movie ? - 08/22/22 11:40 PM

Originally Posted by ralphie_cifaretto
Best mob comedy? I dont know I always liked Oscar with Sly Stallone. I watch it every Thanksgiving with my mommy

The Fannucci's are, IMHO, the best part of the movie.
Posted By: alicecooper

Re: Best Crime Comedy Movie ? - 08/23/22 02:50 AM

Made with Vince Vaughan and John Favreau.
Posted By: Moscone65

Re: Best Crime Comedy Movie ? - 08/23/22 03:45 AM

Analyze this and Mickey blue eyes are classics

Re: Best Crime Comedy Movie ? - 08/23/22 06:29 AM

My Blue Heaven - Steve Martin & Rick Moranis
Posted By: NYMafia

Re: Best Crime Comedy Movie ? - 08/23/22 07:29 AM

Originally Posted by Lou_Para
My Blue Heaven - Steve Martin & Rick Moranis

You took the words right to of my mouth Lou. "My Blue Heaven" was a funny movie.

Another good show was "Prizzi's Honor" with Jack Nicholson and Angelica Huston. It's a "dark comedy" but a comedy nonetheless.
Posted By: craigs48

Re: Best Crime Comedy Movie ? - 08/25/22 12:04 AM

For laughs, 1963 - "Johnny Cool", with an all-star cast. Or the Roberto Benigni film, "Johnny Stecchino", 1991. Might be hard to find a copy, but worth a look.
Posted By: Mikey_Sunset

Re: Best Crime Comedy Movie ? - 08/25/22 07:07 PM

Another vote for My Blue Heaven, watched it again a couple weeks ago and it still makes me laugh.

I didn't know until recently that Nora Ephron based some of the movie on Henry Hill. She was married to Nicholas Pileggi and used his work from Wiseguy as inspiration. I just never put 2 and 2 together...
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET