Home

If you were a Capo, would you prioritize style?

Posted By: RushStreet

If you were a Capo, would you prioritize style? - 06/06/22 05:14 PM

If you were a capo of an organized crime family such as the Gambino's, would you prioritize your top guys to have a sense of style and fashion sense and be good looking? Or would you stay away from this considering that this may bring unwanted attention to your crew by the feds?

Discuss.
Posted By: furio_from_naples

Re: If you were a Capo, would you prioritize style? - 06/06/22 06:24 PM

I soubt that the feds are interested to your look. If I was a capo will thing to take a low key profile and made money choosing capable men and associates and first of all have a a legitimate source of income perhaps from a couple of businesses, to avoid the accusation of tax evasion and stay away from drugs.
Posted By: Malavita

Re: If you were a Capo, would you prioritize style? - 06/06/22 07:22 PM

To me, it's not about the attention from the feds, it's about looking like a serious man and not some guy going to the corner store or taking out his garbage.

I would tell my guys that i want them to look clean and nice because we are serious people et we should look like it. No suits as it is no longer the trend but some leather shoes, a pair of pants and a shirt never hurt nobody.

I will tell them that they could wear whatever they want in their private life but when they come to my club or when they are in official mafia business (meetings, sit down, mafia functions) they must make an effort. Certainly no tracksuites or jeans and sneakers.

Re: If you were a Capo, would you prioritize style? - 06/06/22 08:37 PM

Originally Posted by Malavita
To me, it's not about the attention from the feds, it's about looking like a serious man and not some guy going to the corner store or taking out his garbage.

I would tell my guys that i want them to look clean and nice because we are serious people et we should look like it. No suits as it is no longer the trend but some leather shoes, a pair of pants and a shirt never hurt nobody.

I will tell them that they could wear whatever they want in their private life but when they come to my club or when they are in official mafia business (meetings, sit down, mafia functions) they must make an effort. Certainly no tracksuites or jeans and sneakers.

Agreed 100% @Malavita
Posted By: Giacalone

Re: If you were a Capo, would you prioritize style? - 06/06/22 09:08 PM

Lol interesting question. I partly agree with Malavita. Look clean and respectable. Wear suits if you want, but no need to overdo it like you're John Gotti
Posted By: ThisGuyOverHere

Re: If you were a Capo, would you prioritize style? - 06/07/22 05:02 PM

I’d make my crew all get bowl cuts and leather jackets. Our base would be on 53rd & 3rd.
Posted By: alicecooper

Re: If you were a Capo, would you prioritize style? - 06/08/22 12:41 AM

Originally Posted by ThisGuyOverHere
I’d make my crew all get bowl cuts and leather jackets. Our base would be on 53rd & 3rd.

And the weapons would be bats for beating on the brats and glue.
Posted By: Liggio

Re: If you were a Capo, would you prioritize style? - 06/08/22 02:29 AM

I don't think fashion results in convictions. John Gotti wasn't convicted for dressing sharp, he was convicted for telling his entire criminal life story on tape. Nicodemo Scarfo dressed fresh as well, but he was convicted for his multiple senseless killings and his disastrous reign, the same could be said for Vittorio Amuso and Anthony Casso. I think I read that Thomas Gioeli dressed like a complete hobo to court and instructed his crew to do the same, yet they were still convicted. And I strongly disagree that flashy silk suits and beautiful hand-painted ties are out of style, they will never be out of fashion. That's a bunch of horse shit. With all that being said, I agree with Malavita, I think that they should put forth an effort to look nice, dressing like a total slob can also draw the wrong kind of attention, not to mention you will even look like you smell bad. Have some pride.
Posted By: Liggio

Re: If you were a Capo, would you prioritize style? - 06/09/22 11:54 AM

Another thing I'll mention, if the feds already have you pegged as a big-time mobster, and you go out of your way to look extremely shabby and sloppy, everyone knows that it's a big charade anyway. Have some self-pride in your appearance.
Posted By: jace

Re: If you were a Capo, would you prioritize style? - 06/10/22 01:36 AM

I don't think that any captains are or have ever been overly concerned about how they are dressed. Was there an exception or two? Probably, but it likely came from guys who fussed over style before they were even made.
Posted By: Goldy

Re: If you were a Capo, would you prioritize style? - 06/10/22 02:39 PM

When that big "Family Secrets" trial was going on here, all the surveillance photos of the mob guys they had they all looked like slobs. They all drove shitty Buicks too. The thinking was these guys didn't flash anything. But the FEDS had every one of these guys' photos up on the corkboard in the office, so they weren't fooling anyone. So what's the point? You have all this money and you project and carry yourself like a brokester? Frank Calabrese had millions of dollars and he looked like a janitor that bought clothes at Goodwill. And for what? He died doing Life in prison anyways. I don't think if he drove a newish Caddy, dressed like a professional and had a Rolex would have done anything different for him better or worse.
Posted By: blueracing347

Re: If you were a Capo, would you prioritize style? - 06/10/22 03:26 PM

Goldy,
In some show, it had Calabrese Jr. saying that his dad purposely told him and his guys to take on that look to avoid the attention. Like you said, it didn't fool anyone. Spend it while you can to the point that even if you do fool the Fed's the IRS can't get you on tax evasion.
Posted By: Mamaluke

Re: If you were a Capo, would you prioritize style? - 06/10/22 05:33 PM

Its a secret society, so I would prioritize guys that personified that. I want guys with day jobs who live in regular houses, dress like regular guys, drive regular cars and keep their heads down and their mouths shut.

IMO flashy guys who are into their "style" are either looking for attention or half-a-fanuke [ or both ].

Re: If you were a Capo, would you prioritize style? - 06/10/22 07:50 PM

I have to say there are a few guys who dress well in the Chicago outfit. For example Jimmy “The Icepick” Inendino. Here he is pictured on the left at a great Italian restaurant named La Scarola.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Mafia/comments/hytbyz/legendary_chicago_mafia_gangster_james_jimmy/
Posted By: Big_Tuna93

Re: If you were a Capo, would you prioritize style? - 06/10/22 09:07 PM

Ha, Jimmy I juxtaposed next to that f***** clown Gianni Russo.
Posted By: jace

Re: If you were a Capo, would you prioritize style? - 06/11/22 03:39 PM

I'm happy to see that no one said they would wear a bathrobe and slippers while walking around mumbling.
Posted By: Njein

Re: If you were a Capo, would you prioritize style? - 06/14/22 12:08 AM

I'd prefer utility by virtue of having my men operate in a low key fashion and avoid LE heat however possible. Zip-locked mouths, living a regular lifestyle (but not to the point they look like bums or overdoing it like Gotti with flashy suits), using codewords/walk-talks and covering their mouths, using regular cars and living like average Joes.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET