Home

Tino De Angelis

Posted By: majicrat

Tino De Angelis - 04/01/22 08:43 PM

Who's familiar with this guy? He was able to swindle over 150 million dollars (Over a 1 billion today) in the soy bean market in the early 1960's from Bayonne NJ. He nearly caused the the stock market to crash in doing so and the reason no one knows about him (it seems anyway) is when it came crashing down it happened on the day JFK was killed so no one paid attention. It's a fascinating story and swindle.

But what really gets my curiosity going is he was able to do this WITHOUT mob involvement. Here's a son of Bronx Italian immigrant parents, conducting one of the greatest swindles in history, set up in Bayonne and it appears the MOB had nothing to do with it. He did it all alone and on his own right under the MOBS noses.

Anyone who can contribute to this story I'd love to hear it.
Posted By: NYMafia

Re: Tino De Angelis - 04/01/22 09:43 PM

I believe Tino was a connected guy. Not a dedicated mob "associate" in the traditional sense of the word but he knew people. Did he give a" taste" to someone? Maybe. But I can't say for sure. If I had to guess (and its only a guess), but I'm say Bonanno Family guys.

But with or without people, he was just a sharp, sharp guy. And a swindler and a half.
Posted By: jace

Re: Tino De Angelis - 04/02/22 04:08 AM

Originally Posted by majicrat
Who's familiar with this guy? He was able to swindle over 150 million dollars (Over a 1 billion today) in the soy bean market in the early 1960's from Bayonne NJ. He nearly caused the the stock market to crash in doing so and the reason no one knows about him (it seems anyway) is when it came crashing down it happened on the day JFK was killed so no one paid attention. It's a fascinating story and swindle.

But what really gets my curiosity going is he was able to do this WITHOUT mob involvement. Here's a son of Bronx Italian immigrant parents, conducting one of the greatest swindles in history, set up in Bayonne and it appears the MOB had nothing to do with it. He did it all alone and on his own right under the MOBS noses.

Anyone who can contribute to this story I'd love to hear it.

You summed it up yourself, he was like Ponzi, or anyone else who did a financial scam.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET