Home

Mobsters fathers & sons

Posted By: dsd

Mobsters fathers & sons - 03/25/22 11:58 PM

A lot of the sons of heavyweight mobsters who enter the life, have been untalented criminals and benefited from nepotism. BUT

Who are the sons whose mob careers outshone their fathers?
Not many spring to mind. Not joey merlino, his dad was underboss when philly was more powerful.
Posted By: Lou_Para

Re: Mobsters fathers & sons - 03/26/22 02:24 AM

Michael Franzese, Santo Trafficante JR
Posted By: blueracing347

Re: Mobsters fathers & sons - 03/26/22 04:57 AM

Bruno Indelicato, Scarpa's son he was his dad's capo.
Posted By: BensonHURST

Re: Mobsters fathers & sons - 03/26/22 05:43 AM

I read somewhere Chins dad was made
Posted By: furio_from_naples

Re: Mobsters fathers & sons - 03/26/22 09:25 AM

Liborio Bellomo's dad was a soldier now he is the boss.
Posted By: dsd

Re: Mobsters fathers & sons - 03/26/22 03:27 PM

Michael Franzese and Bruno Indelicato didn't outshine their fathers mob careers, no way.
Liborio did. Not sure Scarpa son did either. Didn't know he ended up as captain of his dad. No way his dad was taking orders from him.
Posted By: NYMafia

Re: Mobsters fathers & sons - 03/26/22 04:53 PM

Very few sons or nephews have ever eclipsed their elders as far as "success" and "reputation." One I can think of off the top of my head was Rosario Bufalino, who was the nephew of Calogero Bufalino. Another was Stefano Magaddino who was the son of a leader over in Castellammare del Golfo, Sicily. For that matter Joe Bonanno eclipsed his father who was a member of the Trapani Mafia as well. Sonny Franzese gained a higher position than his dad who was a Camorra member. Another one was Paul Castellano who was the son of capo Frank Castellano.

There were others of course. But this is right off the top of my head.
Posted By: JCrusher

Re: Mobsters fathers & sons - 03/26/22 05:12 PM

Originally Posted by NYMafia
Very few sons or nephews have ever eclipsed their elders as far as "success" and "reputation." One I can think of off the top of my head was Rosario Bufalino, who was the nephew of Calogero Bufalino. Another was Stefano Magaddino who was the son of a leader over in Castellammare del Golfo, Sicily. For that matter Joe Bonanno eclipsed his father who was a member of the Trapani Mafia as well. Sonny Franzese gained a higher position than his dad who was a Camorra member. Another one was Paul Castellano who was the son of capo Frank Castellano.

There were others of course. But this is right off the top of my head.

. True. Honestly the only one I could think of that came close was Salvie Testa. He certainly had a reputation and showed he could excel in that life even as such a young guy

Re: Mobsters fathers & sons - 03/26/22 06:35 PM

Peter Milano the last L.A. family boss was son of Anthony that was from 1930 to 1976 the Cleveland family underboss.
Posted By: Beenaround

Re: Mobsters fathers & sons - 04/13/22 06:03 PM

Most of you would disagree but I think John Jr. out shined his Father...look at where Jr. is now, a Millionaire and Free.
Not as far as Mafia respect but he walked away Free, Clean and loaded.Most of the mob guys who didn't like him are dead and gone.

Re: Mobsters fathers & sons - 04/13/22 08:37 PM

Originally Posted by Beenaround
Most of you would disagree but I think John Jr. out shined his Father...look at where Jr. is now, a Millionaire and Free.
Not as far as Mafia respect but he walked away Free, Clean and loaded.Most of the mob guys who didn't like him are dead and gone.

Why? He was street boss and went to jail,so quit the life. He should try to take the power like Allie Boy Persico instead to go away.

Re: Mobsters fathers & sons - 04/13/22 08:50 PM

Jack Tocco boss of Detroit until his death in 2014 was son of Vito a simple made man.
Posted By: Big_Tuna93

Re: Mobsters fathers & sons - 04/13/22 09:02 PM

Assuming Detroit is still active (I believe they are) their current boss, Jackie Giacalone, is the son of former Detroit underboss Vito Giacalone.

Re: Mobsters fathers & sons - 04/14/22 11:07 AM

Originally Posted by NYMafia
Originally Posted by Beenaround

John Jr.? Who are you speaking of? Whats his last name?

I think he means Junior Gotti.

Re: Mobsters fathers & sons - 04/17/22 04:44 AM

The only thing I think Sr. would have been proud about his son about is that he beat the feds 4 Times
He is one of the only guys to ever truely beat the feds
Posted By: ThisGuyOverHere

Re: Mobsters fathers & sons - 04/18/22 12:30 PM

Milwaukee boss Frank Balestreri made both of his [Linked Image]sons.
Posted By: jace

Re: Mobsters fathers & sons - 04/18/22 02:46 PM

Originally Posted by ThisGuyOverHere
Milwaukee boss Frank Balestreri made both of his [Linked Image]sons.

Weren't they also attorneys?
Posted By: mike68

Re: Mobsters fathers & sons - 04/18/22 04:36 PM

The Cheeseman in Boston made his nephew, Louis. He could be boss in 20 years, mainly because there might not be anyone else left.

Re: Mobsters fathers & sons - 04/19/22 09:04 AM

The Lino’s from the Bonanno’s
The Canterella’s
Gas Pipes father I think was made.

I wonder if Gas Pipe’s son is made?

Re: Mobsters fathers & sons - 04/19/22 03:11 PM

Originally Posted by BensonHURST
The Canterella’s

Casso'son is made and dubt that is even an associate

https://nypost.com/2006/11/19/in-a-rats-nest-mob-turncoat-bids-to-evict-capos-son/
Posted By: merlino

Re: Mobsters fathers & sons - 04/19/22 03:20 PM

Originally Posted by furio_from_naples
Originally Posted by BensonHURST
The Canterella’s

Casso'son is made and dubt that is even an associate

https://nypost.com/2006/11/19/in-a-rats-nest-mob-turncoat-bids-to-evict-capos-son/

whatever happened to the house?
Posted By: Zavattoni

Re: Mobsters fathers & sons - 04/19/22 06:25 PM

We’re James Eppolito SR and James Eppolito JR made as father and son?

The two guys who got whacked… on Castellano’s order.
Posted By: bronx

Re: Mobsters fathers & sons - 04/20/22 02:15 AM

coppa, delmonico, depalma, robert lino,locacio, marino,modica, rotondo, how far do we go back?

Re: Mobsters fathers & sons - 04/20/22 10:14 AM

Originally Posted by bronx
coppa, delmonico, depalma, robert lino,locacio, marino,modica, rotondo, how far do we go back?

Sal Lo Cascio is a capo while his father become acting consigliere.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET