Who was source Wahoo? - 03/24/22 01:40 AM

In the Gotti books they talk about an informant known as Wahoo

Any idea who he was?
Posted By: Turnbull

Re: Who was source Wahoo? - 03/24/22 01:52 AM

Willie Boy Johnson
Posted By: jace

Re: Who was source Wahoo? - 03/24/22 04:21 AM

As Turnbull said it was Johnson, the FBI gave him that code name due to his being part Indian.
Posted By: Turnbull

Re: Who was source Wahoo? - 03/24/22 07:57 PM

Yeah, it's based on "Chief Wahoo," the Cleveland Indians logo. "Confidential informant" with a "code name" that any fourth-grader would recognize. rolleyes I suppose the FBI thought that there were so many Indians in the Gambino family that Willie Boy would never be outed.
Posted By: BensonHURST

Re: Who was source Wahoo? - 03/25/22 07:40 AM

There was another source from that era that was never identified I cant remember the name I read it in the Gotti book.
They narrowed it down as to who they think it was however, it was never confirmed as the source just dried up, he was however around the Bergain Crew
Posted By: dsd

Re: Who was source Wahoo? - 03/25/22 11:48 PM

Was there a genovese or gambino guy with that nickname? Or something similar. 1960/ 70s era?
Posted By: DiLorenzo

Re: Who was source Wahoo? - 03/26/22 05:47 PM

Wahoo, what a great code name given by his handlers...Nobody would be able to guess who that was rolleyes
Posted By: dsd

Re: Who was source Wahoo? - 03/26/22 06:58 PM

Originally Posted by dsd
Was there a genovese or gambino guy with that nickname? Or something similar. 1960/ 70s era?

Sorry, it was buckalo not wahoo, Ferro of genovese family.
Although Aniello Mancus was nicknamed wahoo. I think Gambinos according to the guy on heres site?????( think it's his)
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET