Home

Joe Fischetti, looking for info

Posted By: TonyBombassolo

Joe Fischetti, looking for info - 03/21/22 11:33 PM

Joe Fischetti was a cousin of Capone who was heavily connected to the Fontainebleau Hotel in Miami and was especially tight with Frank Sinatra. He was also known to have been close with Virginia Hill who worked for his brother Rocco, I believe. I know Joe was primarily in New York until he moved to Miami, and this board has a post rumoring Joe to have been on the boat with Little Louis Campagna who "had a heart attack" and died just after becoming boss of Chicago which allowed Paul Ricca to take over. He was also rumored to have been the actual person who delivered the money to Luciano in Havana. Its clear Fischetti is deep in Chicago, NY, Miami and has heavy connections with Trafficante as well as almost everyone who had lingering JFK connections.

FBI Vault link for Sinatra elaborates on how tight Sinatra and Joe Fischetti were.

May 9, 1967 Newspaper linking Sinatra/Fischetti/Fontainebleau

Link to document from 1967-02-27 showing Trafficante/Fischetti/Sinatra together

Archives link discussing Fischetti/Fontainebleau

Does anyone know who was in his crew? It appears there were brothers Salvatore Esposito and another brother Tony Esposito but the only records I can find tied to that name is Vincent 'The Chin" Gigante's father. I know Chicago (and especially Ricca) and the Genovese were very friendly for a variety of reasons but details are scarce. Its now further evident that the Chicago Outfit and the Genovese (specifically the NJ faction) were heavily connected. Look at how Eboli went to Chicago after his father's murder. It's clear there is a 'special' connection between the Genovese and Chicago that seems even deeper than the one Chicago had with Buffalo via the Carlisi's.

Any New York experts have any info on who made up Joe Fischetti's crew in NY/NJ in the late 1950's? They would have likely been associated with Willie Moretti, and people like "Lodi Pete" that NyMafia has talked about on here. This group would have been around since the 40's at least.
Posted By: Big_Tuna93

Re: Joe Fischetti, looking for info - 03/22/22 01:15 PM

Originally Posted by TonyBombassolo
Joe Fischetti was a cousin of Capone who was heavily connected to the Fontainebleau Hotel in Miami and was especially tight with Frank Sinatra. He was also known to have been close with Virginia Hill who worked for his brother Rocco, I believe. I know Joe was primarily in New York until he moved to Miami, and this board has a post rumoring Joe to have been on the boat with Little Louis Campagna who "had a heart attack" and died just after becoming boss of Chicago which allowed Paul Ricca to take over. He was also rumored to have been the actual person who delivered the money to Luciano in Havana. Its clear Fischetti is deep in Chicago, NY, Miami and has heavy connections with Trafficante as well as almost everyone who had lingering JFK connections.

FBI Vault link for Sinatra elaborates on how tight Sinatra and Joe Fischetti were.

May 9, 1967 Newspaper linking Sinatra/Fischetti/Fontainebleau

Link to document from 1967-02-27 showing Trafficante/Fischetti/Sinatra together

Archives link discussing Fischetti/Fontainebleau

Does anyone know who was in his crew? It appears there were brothers Salvatore Esposito and another brother Tony Esposito but the only records I can find tied to that name is Vincent 'The Chin" Gigante's father. I know Chicago (and especially Ricca) and the Genovese were very friendly for a variety of reasons but details are scarce. Its now further evident that the Chicago Outfit and the Genovese (specifically the NJ faction) were heavily connected. Look at how Eboli went to Chicago after his father's murder. It's clear there is a 'special' connection between the Genovese and Chicago that seems even deeper than the one Chicago had with Buffalo via the Carlisi's.

Any New York experts have any info on who made up Joe Fischetti's crew in NY/NJ in the late 1950's? They would have likely been associated with Willie Moretti, and people like "Lodi Pete" that NyMafia has talked about on here. This group would have been around since the 40's at least.

Do we know where the connection between the outfit and the Genovese stems from?
Posted By: bronx

Re: Joe Fischetti, looking for info - 03/24/22 01:33 AM

falcone bros. were heavy in miami also
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET