Home

"Truth and Lies: The Last Gangster" (ABC)

Posted By: J Geoff

"Truth and Lies: The Last Gangster" (ABC) - 01/23/22 07:19 AM

DVR Alert:

Truth & Lies: The Last Gangster
Thursday, January 27, 8pm ET on ABC & hulu

ABC News announced the premiere of "Truth and Lies: The Last Gangster," a two-hour event special on the infamous Gambino mob family, featuring a new interview with one of the most notorious hitmen in mafia history, Sammy "The Bull" Gravano. In a blockbuster interview, Gravano reveals secret rites and practices of the mafia and speaks candidly about the use of murder as an instrument of power and control. Gravano, a man who murdered 19 people, including his closest friend and his brother-in-law, was part of a violent brotherhood known as "Cosa Nostra." For years he and John Gotti, the head of the Gambino family, controlled tremendous portions of New York City's economy under a rule of fear and intimidation, and his loyalty to "The Family" came at a devastating cost. Ultimately, Gravano became a witness for the FBI, and his testimony brought down the mafia. Together with Gravano's 1997 Diane Sawyer interview, the special features new interviews with Gravano's son Gerard and daughter Karen; Curtis Sliwa; former mobsters John Gotti Jr., Larry Mazza, Michael Francese and Anthony Ruggiano; Ruggiano's daughter Toni Lee; companions of both Gravano and Gotti; daughters of Gravano's victims; "Sopranos" producer and writer Terence Winter; and former FBI and NYPD officers who led the Gambino investigation. "Truth and Lies: The Last Gangster" premieres Thursday, Jan. 27 (8:00-10:00 p.m. EST), on ABC. It can also be viewed the next day on demand and on Hulu. "Truth and Lies: The Last Gangster" is produced by ABC News Studios. David Sloan is senior executive producer and Muriel Pearson is executive producer. Launched by ABC News in 2017, the No.1-rated "Truth and Lies" series has reported on topics including the Menendez brothers, Charles Manson, Watergate, Laci Peterson, Waco, Tonya Harding and Jonestown.
Posted By: NYMafia

Re: "Truth and Lies: The Last Gangster" (ABC) - 01/23/22 09:53 AM

Thanks for the heads up. I'm sure many on the forum will be watching.
Posted By: CNote

Re: "Truth and Lies: The Last Gangster" (ABC) - 01/23/22 10:50 AM

Also known as "The Last Rat gets the Cheese."
Posted By: J Geoff

Re: "Truth and Lies: The Last Gangster" (ABC) - 01/29/22 12:50 AM

Anyone see the Truth and Lies show on ABC? It didn't seem very ground-breaking, but it was interesting to see some of these guys today. Like Mike Franzese, who I saw at the last SopranosCon / MobMovieCon in Atlantic City last year...

Here's Franzese w/ Anthony Ruggiano Jr. (who was also in the ABC documentary)....
Posted By: hoodlum

Re: "Truth and Lies: The Last Gangster" (ABC) - 01/30/22 03:06 AM

Originally Posted by J Geoff

Anyone see the Truth and Lies show on ABC? It didn't seem very ground-breaking, but it was interesting to see some of these guys today. Like Mike Franzese, who I saw at the last SopranosCon / MobMovieCon in Atlantic City last year...

Thank U G.Jeff..very nice ..I did some of the A.B.C. viewing..but this was good stuff..again Thank u.!..
Posted By: jace

Re: "Truth and Lies: The Last Gangster" (ABC) - 01/30/22 04:19 AM

I didn't see it, why did they have so many of their sons and daughters on? I understand them having the grown sons and daughters of victims who are dead to tell their stories, but it seems they over loaded it with people such as Ruggiano's daughter.
Posted By: DuesPaid

Re: "Truth and Lies: The Last Gangster" (ABC) - 02/01/22 02:23 AM

Originally Posted by J Geoff

Here's Franzese w/ Anthony Ruggiano Jr. (who was also in the ABC documentary)....

This is the first time I was able to stand watching both of these guys but since it was posted with the two of them talking to each other I really enjoyed them bot,,,,

Thanks JG
Posted By: Lenox

Re: "Truth and Lies: The Last Gangster" (ABC) - 02/01/22 03:39 AM

I actually feel bad for the children. I thought it was pretty good.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET