Home

All these mob podcasts …my issue

Posted By: Lenox

All these mob podcasts …my issue - 01/13/22 02:29 PM

We can name a bunch of mob podcasts, What do they all have in common ? All of them are just a bunch of guys living in the past, telling stories about 20-40 years ago and not being able to move forward in life. None of these guys seem to be able to make a new career.
The only guys I dont see doing this are Phil leonetti and Jr Gotti.
Those other guys remind me of a washed up 60 year old that keeps talking about his high school football career. Sammy gets somewhat of a pass because he is 75;years old.
Posted By: jace

Re: All these mob podcasts …my issue - 01/13/22 04:29 PM

I hadn't ever thought of it in that way, but you have a great point. I think the problem with them is the over saturation of them, there are so many. Both ex-Mafia members who ratted, associates who ratted or got out of the life, and the nobodies are all doing podcasts. Plus there are many people who had no clue about the mafia till they read a few books and decided they were going to make big money talking about it.

As to your point of them reliving their pasts, that applies to Gravano the most in my opinion. Franzese is tough to figure out, I think he does it way less, he is more about getting attention. He is not as bad as Gravano.
Posted By: Lenox

Re: All these mob podcasts …my issue - 01/13/22 05:18 PM

Gravano is 75, there is really no other way for him to make money. Alite and all those other guys have no excuse. Alite masquerades as an “ advocate for the kids”. I dont buy it for a mimute especially when he tried to sell signed baseball bats.
What these guys dont tell you is they basically cheated their way through life.
Posted By: Fleming_Ave

Re: All these mob podcasts …my issue - 01/13/22 10:27 PM

They will keep making these podcasts as long as people keep watching them. I guess they're making good money off of it. I agree with you 100% on Alite.
Posted By: CNote

Re: All these mob podcasts …my issue - 01/13/22 11:09 PM

This genre blew up after Sammy started his Podcast and garnered hundreds of thousands of followers and imitators but he was becoming over dramatic and losing some of his street authenticity. It will run its course and then you'll see the small time players fall from the wayside as they run out of content.
Posted By: DillyDolly

Re: All these mob podcasts …my issue - 01/14/22 12:51 AM

I'm pissed off because they're making a subject that I've loved and studied for so many years look like a joke. There's only two that I watch, that's OC Shortz and Black Handprint Mafia, and oh there's one called Deeper Globalism. But they're not former mobsters.
Posted By: Giacalone

Re: All these mob podcasts …my issue - 01/14/22 12:57 AM

I'd rather spend my time golfing than listening to that nonsense lol. I'm hearing Joey Merlino wants to do the YouTube/Podcast thing
Posted By: southshorekid

Re: All these mob podcasts …my issue - 01/14/22 01:48 AM

Originally Posted by Giacalone
I'd rather spend my time golfing than listening to that nonsense lol. I'm hearing Joey Merlino wants to do the YouTube/Podcast thing

Hey not a bad idea. Everybody knows who he is. It’s not like he’s in the shadows. Knowing how he is he’ll probably just talk sports the whole time. And make some legit money to help keep the Feds off his back.

Re: All these mob podcasts …my issue - 01/14/22 04:20 PM

I'd rather spend my time golfing than listening to that nonsense lol. I'm hearing Joey Merlino wants to do the
YouTube/Podcast thing

He'd definitely have the most viewers at first, how good he would be would determine how long he lasts. Also he would have the
feds monitoring and going over every little thing he says looking to get him on anything they can. It may not be worth it for him to do.
Posted By: merlino

Re: All these mob podcasts …my issue - 01/14/22 06:13 PM

His podcast would center around bourbon cigars philly sports and gambling and some celeb guests on the show that he rubs shoulders with down on the gold coast of FL

Re: All these mob podcasts …my issue - 01/14/22 06:25 PM

You serious about Joey Merlino? Wouldn't that make him a rat? I can actually see Joey Merlino becoming a John Gotti Jr.-type where he basically becomes a major public figure completely detached from The Life and not really involved in crime anymore.
Posted By: eastsideofvan

Re: All these mob podcasts …my issue - 01/14/22 06:55 PM

If that were to turn out to be true then he would totally vindicate the opinions of him held by the Scarfos, Leonetti, Amuso, and all the other credible guys that would have nothing to do with him. The fact that he's on Instagram is in itself a total disgrace.

The minute skinny Joey turns up on a podcast, the Philly family will have officially jumped the shark. If there are any true gangsters left in that family somebody will put Joey in a trunk before or at worst, immediately after that podcast happens.

Re: All these mob podcasts …my issue - 01/14/22 07:17 PM

You know, all it takes is one, just one of these loudmouth celebrity wannabe blowhards to get whacked and all of the others will shut up, and it will be the end of mob podcasts and back to some real mob business.
Posted By: eastsideofvan

Re: All these mob podcasts …my issue - 01/14/22 07:34 PM

We will have truly entered the digital age if Joey turns up in a trunk with an iPhone stuffed in his mouth and a selfie stick shoved up his ass.
Posted By: Mamaluke

Re: All these mob podcasts …my issue - 01/14/22 08:31 PM

Well to be fair, they are talking about things that happened in the past. Thats what people want to hear about. Just because a guy does a podcast talking about the past doesnt mean he doesnt have a life now. Its just that nobody wants to hear about an ex-mobster's rental property problems, or his job behind the counter of the local NAPA .
Posted By: southshorekid

Re: All these mob podcasts …my issue - 01/14/22 11:02 PM

Originally Posted by merlino

His podcast would center around bourbon cigars philly sports and gambling and some celeb guests on the show that he rubs shoulders with down on the gold coast of FL

Exactly. And it’ll probably be fun and a money maker. If anybody had the combination of ego, greed, flashiness and balls to do it… well.

Re: All these mob podcasts …my issue - 01/15/22 03:11 AM

Originally Posted by DillyDolly
You serious about Joey Merlino? Wouldn't that make him a rat? I can actually see Joey Merlino becoming a John Gotti Jr.-type where he basically becomes a major public figure completely detached from The Life and not really involved in crime anymore.

If he gave up info on the mafia he would be, if as they mentioned he talked sports, cigars, and interviewed celebrities that is in no way ratting.

Re: All these mob podcasts …my issue - 01/15/22 03:12 AM

A podcast would get some nutcases who are obsessed mad that he was doing a podcast just as they did when the opened a restaurant and would pose for pictures with guests. They start screeching that he is flaunting, or rubbing it in their faces. So if he goes legitimate, he is bad to them, if he gets involved in mafia activities, he is doing wrong in their sick minds.
Posted By: CleanBandit

Re: All these mob podcasts …my issue - 01/15/22 05:45 AM

I can just picture Joey with that smug smirk on his podcast knowing that FBI is spending resources listening to it trying to find even one incriminating word and him just shooting the shit.

I think it would be a pretty good money maker for him honestly. An alleged boss of an active family starting a podcast in 2022? God damn what a world we live in.

Re: All these mob podcasts …my issue - 01/16/22 01:23 AM

Anyone think the glut of these podcasts will eventually cause an overload and start turning people off to watching them? I know a few diehards will watch anything, but most people will only be able to take so much. Many of the same subjects are just being passed around now from one podcaster to the next.
Posted By: hoodlum

Re: All these mob podcasts …my issue - 01/16/22 01:26 AM

Originally Posted by jace
Anyone think the glut of these podcasts will eventually cause an overload and start turning people off to watching them? I know a few diehards will watch anything, but most people will only be able to take so much. Many of the same subjects are just being passed around now from one podcaster to the next.

Not me babe...hope ur o.k..

Re: All these mob podcasts …my issue - 01/16/22 01:31 AM

Originally Posted by hoodlum
Originally Posted by jace

Not me babe...hope ur o.k..

I'm fine, thank you.

Re: All these mob podcasts …my issue - 01/16/22 01:40 AM

The problem with these podcasts is I'm starting to see a pattern: get involved in organized crime, turn on my buddies, get out of prison time, then move back home and do a podcast or YouTube channel and make money. Eventually people will get sick of it, or at least they should. They should abolish the Witness Protection Program, it's no longer needed. These guys just go back to their old neighborhoods nowadays anyway, with nothing to fear.

Re: All these mob podcasts …my issue - 01/16/22 01:45 AM

The problem with these podcasts is I'm starting to see a pattern: get involved in organized crime, turn on my buddies, get out of prison time, then move back home and do a podcast or YouTube channel and make money. Eventually people will get sick of it, or at least they should. They should abolish the Witness Protection Program, it's no longer needed. These guys just go back to their old neighborhoods nowadays anyway, with nothing to fear.

True, I was including all of the podcasts, such as the ones done by people with no previous mob connections who are trying to make a name for themselves with their podcasts. Merlino looks little nutty. he may be good for a few laughs, intentional and
unintentional.

Re: All these mob podcasts …my issue - 01/16/22 01:35 PM

Actually the content put out by mob buffs is better than the shit coming from actual mobsters. OC Shorts, Black Handprint Mafia, and Deeper Globalism are awesome, and there's another one called The Members Only Podcast.

Re: All these mob podcasts …my issue - 01/16/22 05:27 PM

Actually the content put out by mob buffs is better than the shit coming from actual mobsters. OC Shorts, Black Handprint Mafia, and Deeper Globalism are awesome, and there's another one called The Members Only Podcast.

OC shorts had a few good ones. The thing that happens with all of them is that when they have nothing to say they make a video or do a podcast anyway. I'd like to see less of them, but higher quality.

Re: All these mob podcasts …my issue - 01/16/22 05:46 PM

Well I have to disagree with you, the ones I mentioned are all really good, although I'd say that Black Handprint Mafia is my least favorite. But to each their own.

Re: All these mob podcasts …my issue - 01/16/22 05:48 PM

And I think OC Shorts is the best, he cuts through all the bullshit, and busts a lot of myths. He is well-researched if you can get past his British accent.

Re: All these mob podcasts …my issue - 01/16/22 05:51 PM

And I'll stress it again, they're all WAY better than the actual mobsters trying to do it. With those guys you have to deal with the street slang and them stroking their egos, I'm totally uninterested in watching podcasts put out from ex-mobsters.
Posted By: NYMafia

Re: All these mob podcasts …my issue - 01/16/22 07:50 PM

And I'll stress it again, they're all WAY better than the actual mobsters trying to do it. With those guys you have to deal with the street slang and them stroking their egos, I'm totally uninterested in watching podcasts put out from ex-mobsters.

How about all the extensive underworld videos on "Mob Fireside Chat"

What's the matter, you don't like our podcast? Lol. I'm hurt.

Not even an "honorable mention" LOL

Re: All these mob podcasts …my issue - 01/16/22 07:59 PM

Oh I'm sorry I haven't watched very many, but they are good. I know I seen the one on Michael Consolo. It's because I prefer reading and your content is also written, but I will start tuning in more.
Posted By: Biggie

Re: All these mob podcasts …my issue - 01/16/22 08:14 PM

East side..post Joey's Instagram link on here...I want to wee it..I only ask..because it don't exist..just bcuz people say he has an Instagram don't make it true..that being i said. I know a lot of serious guys that do...oh I know..Paul castellano o and joey aiuppa didnt..because they didn't even have color tv..its a new world with different technologies...but back to original question . post Joey's Instagram please.

Re: All these mob podcasts …my issue - 01/16/22 08:15 PM

"Actual Gangsters", show me a made man who didn't rat that has a podcast.
Posted By: NYMafia

Re: All these mob podcasts …my issue - 01/16/22 08:16 PM

Oh I'm sorry I haven't watched very many, but they are good. I know I seen the one on Michael Consolo. It's because I prefer reading and your content is also written, but I will start tuning in more.

Thats ok DD. I'm just having a little fun with you. But yes, MFC has some ass-kicking videos if I do say so myself. Lol. Our next big one will be coming up soon. A top mafioso no less. I do think you're gonna really enjoy this one.

In the meantime go and watch (if you haven't done so already) our video productions on Aniello (O'Neil) Dellacroce, Salvatore (Sally D) D'Ambrosio, and a host of others. Trust me you won't be disappointed.

Re: All these mob podcasts …my issue - 01/29/22 11:20 PM

As for future mob podcasters, especially regarding recent recruits, I see them being rather dry and boring. They're not going to have the same exciting stories as a Sammy Gravano or Michael Franzese, who came from a time when there was still a lot of violence and excitement, and when you had colorful characters who dressed cool and made lots of money. I could be wrong, time will tell.

Re: All these mob podcasts …my issue - 01/30/22 06:32 PM

What will they have say of value to us, what have they witnessed that has impacted society they way the OG's did back in the day. Imagine if we had podcasts with Luciano, Anastasia or Giuseppe Morello, then you'd have real content. For me it's not so much the commission of the crimes, the intrigue is in the secret society that was formed to counter the inequities of society as they knew it.

Re: All these mob podcasts …my issue - 01/30/22 07:14 PM

For me you don't have to go that far back to find intrigue, the 1980s, early 90s even, were plenty exciting. When they started flipping by the boatload and not whacking anyone anymore, that's where my fascination ended. And I'm not of the romanticized opinion that the mob was formed to fight inequities, sure it may have played a part. But the Mafia was formed to prey on their own and to counter the State's power, to act as a State within a State, and to make as much money illegally as possible. It's an outlaw organization, and that's what outlaw organizations do. I'm not judging here, simply because I don't see the government as any better.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET