Home

MARTORANO : RAT OR NOT??

Posted By: dsd

MARTORANO : RAT OR NOT?? - 01/07/22 01:56 AM

So, I've just finished reading HITMAN , the book about Johnny Martorano, the Boston
gangster. Great , great book. One of the best I've read for a while .

I'd already read black mass, but hitman is way better. It's weird but from memory JM is barely mentioned in black mass.

Question is, do you count JM as a rat? He only ratted on flemmi & bulger . 2 of the worst rats ever. According to the book. Although there's a confusing part where JM is told by fbi he needs to also rat members of bulgers southie gang. He agrees but he doesn't know the guys as he's been on the lam for 20 years.

( didn't like the " whitey was a rent boy, village people member etc.
Unnecessary. )...
Posted By: Newengland

Re: MARTORANO : RAT OR NOT?? - 01/07/22 05:58 AM

LMAO lol

You are kidding about your question.? You must be.

Re: MARTORANO : RAT OR NOT?? - 01/07/22 08:23 PM

Originally Posted by Newengland
LMAO lol

That's why I said I'm a bit puzzled. As the book says he only ratted on SF , WB & members of the whiteys gang. But he didn't really know anything about the members.
Personally wouldn't blame him for ratting on sf + wb.

Did he inform on others? Book makes out like he didn't.
Posted By: Louiebynochi

Re: MARTORANO : RAT OR NOT?? - 01/07/22 10:15 PM

He’s a rat...when you debrief to the govt your a rat...he had to tell EVERYTHING to the Gov!

Now his book is the seminal book on the Irish gang wars of the 60s and IMO is the best book on the Bulger Era...The only thing his book was missing and I’m sure it was deliberate was about His brother who in the 90s was a Capo under Frank Salemme in the Patriarca Family....

Re: MARTORANO : RAT OR NOT?? - 01/08/22 10:50 PM

Seems a lot was kept out of the book. As you said Martoranos brother as a criminal is barely mentioned. But I was reading it thinking why is he in prison.

Also didn't get that Johnny Martorano was on the lam for 20 years but he was only looking at 3---4 year sentence. Why bother ?
Posted By: Louiebynochi

Re: MARTORANO : RAT OR NOT?? - 01/09/22 03:28 AM

Originally Posted by dsd
Seems a lot was kept out of the book. As you said Martoranos brother as a criminal is barely mentioned. But I was reading it thinking why is he in prison.

Also didn't get that Johnny Martorano was on the lam for 20 years but he was only looking at 3---4 year sentence. Why bother ?

They kept him out to keep the Mob at bay...had he went to prison, the mob would have murdered Bulger and Flemmi
Posted By: dixiemafia

Re: MARTORANO : RAT OR NOT?? - 01/19/22 05:47 PM

Originally Posted by Newengland
LMAO lol

No joke lol
Posted By: ThisGuyOverHere

Re: MARTORANO : RAT OR NOT?? - 01/21/22 02:29 PM

Who wasn’t a rat in that organization?
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET