Home

Mob Events that took Place on Christmas Eve?

Posted By: JCrusher

Mob Events that took Place on Christmas Eve? - 12/24/21 10:54 AM

First off I just wanted to wish everyone a Happy and Safe Christmas. Hope everyone has a nice relaxing holiday with their families. Usually when you think of Christmas we think of peaceful times. I think even in many mob circles in the past it was mostly the same. I know many would make the rounds at different social clubs to greet other mobsters. However there have also been some infamous incidents that took place on Christmas Eve. Off the top of my head I can think of the Thomas and Rosemarie Uva hit in 1992. I also believe there ha e been a few making ceremonies on Christmas Eve, obviously the Gambino held one in 88. Any other infamous events you could think of that took place on Christmas Eve?
Posted By: GangstersInc

Re: Mob Events that took Place on Christmas Eve? - 12/24/21 03:46 PM

A Mafia Christmas: Five stories, three end in murder https://gangstersinc.org/blog/a-mafia-christmas-five-stories-three-end-in-murder
Posted By: ItalianIrishMix

Re: Mob Events that took Place on Christmas Eve? - 12/24/21 03:59 PM

Supposedly the Iceman whacked a friend in a car on either Christmas Eve or Day.

I think he said it made the newspapers but I was too lazy to search it out.
Posted By: furio_from_naples

Re: Mob Events that took Place on Christmas Eve? - 12/25/21 12:26 PM

A day before,on december 23.1984 the sicilian mafia put a bomb on a train.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Train_904_bombing
Posted By: m2w

Re: Mob Events that took Place on Christmas Eve? - 12/25/21 12:53 PM

Originally Posted by furio_from_naples

you know secret service and masonic lodges are involved
Posted By: Hollander

Re: Mob Events that took Place on Christmas Eve? - 12/25/21 01:25 PM

Christmas Eve 1980, notorious camorra boss Luigi Giuliano was wounded in an attack.
Posted By: furio_from_naples

Re: Mob Events that took Place on Christmas Eve? - 12/25/21 01:50 PM

Originally Posted by m2w

The the secret services and the masonry are involved in all the crimes happened from 1945 to today.
Posted By: m2w

Re: Mob Events that took Place on Christmas Eve? - 12/25/21 02:27 PM

Originally Posted by m2w

The the secret services and the masonry are involved in all the crimes happened from 1945 to today.

probably even before
Posted By: Strax

Re: Mob Events that took Place on Christmas Eve? - 12/25/21 03:16 PM

Not in all the crimes , but in all major crimes for sure. We see what happened to witnesses that mention them during 'Ndrangheta stato-mafia trial , all of them disappeared from witness protection program. Stefano Carmelo Serpa pentito from 'Ndrangheta during trial said:

"I'm afraid, these people are very dangerous. I speak neither of the "Ndrangheta nor of politicians, but of the secret services. And before talking about the relations between 'Ndrangheta and Cosa Nostra, I want serious assurances about my security. You don't know the submerged part of the 'Ndrangheta. It means that inside there are people who have even greater power than what Paolo De Stefano had. There are characters inside that at their command were worth and still worth more than him. But these are people you don't even know. They don't even have a fine."

They are the brains behind the mafia that give them all the power they have in Italy , street guys are always easily replaceable.
Posted By: hoodlum

Re: Mob Events that took Place on Christmas Eve? - 12/25/21 10:43 PM

I am not positive on this , but ,sometime in the mid 70s?..I think is was Tommy Del Giorno who shot union dude Joey McGreal on christmas eve...my small contribution..anybody that can add 2 this??
Posted By: Giacomo_Vacari

Re: Mob Events that took Place on Christmas Eve? - 12/25/21 11:56 PM

Marcello Bruzzese is the most recent from a few years ago.

Nicholas Guido the innocent civilian who shared the same name as a mobster marked for death.
Posted By: Hollander

Re: Mob Events that took Place on Christmas Eve? - 12/26/21 12:56 AM

Originally Posted by Strax
Not in all the crimes , but in all major crimes for sure. We see what happened to witnesses that mention them during 'Ndrangheta stato-mafia trial , all of them disappeared from witness protection program. Stefano Carmelo Serpa pentito from 'Ndrangheta during trial said:

"I'm afraid, these people are very dangerous. I speak neither of the "Ndrangheta nor of politicians, but of the secret services. And before talking about the relations between 'Ndrangheta and Cosa Nostra, I want serious assurances about my security. You don't know the submerged part of the 'Ndrangheta. It means that inside there are people who have even greater power than what Paolo De Stefano had. There are characters inside that at their command were worth and still worth more than him. But these are people you don't even know. They don't even have a fine."

They are the brains behind the mafia that give them all the power they have in Italy , street guys are always easily replaceable.

They are like a parallel government. Its members included politicians, military personnel, bankers and the like. Most of them could be labeled as right-wing to extreme right to neo-fascists.
Posted By: Lou_Para

Re: Mob Events that took Place on Christmas Eve? - 12/26/21 03:20 AM

Originally Posted by ItalianIrishMix
Supposedly the Iceman whacked a friend in a car on either Christmas Eve or Day.

I think he said it made the newspapers but I was too lazy to search it out.

Given what we now know,it's more likely that Kuklinski whacked off a friend in his car..
Posted By: Louiebynochi

Re: Mob Events that took Place on Christmas Eve? - 12/26/21 03:29 AM

Originally Posted by hoodlum
I am not positive on this , but ,sometime in the mid 70s?..I think is was Tommy Del Giorno who shot union dude Joey McGreal on christmas eve...my small contribution..anybody that can add 2 this??

Ralph Natale Shot Joey Mcgreal in the back of the head on Xmas eve
Posted By: Louiebynochi

Re: Mob Events that took Place on Christmas Eve? - 12/26/21 03:30 AM

Originally Posted by JCrusher
First off I just wanted to wish everyone a Happy and Safe Christmas. Hope everyone has a nice relaxing holiday with their families. Usually when you think of Christmas we think of peaceful times. I think even in many mob circles in the past it was mostly the same. I know many would make the rounds at different social clubs to greet other mobsters. However there have also been some infamous incidents that took place on Christmas Eve. Off the top of my head I can think of the Thomas and Rosemarie Uva hit in 1992. I also believe there ha e been a few making ceremonies on Christmas Eve, obviously the Gambino held one in 88. Any other infamous events you could think of that took place on Christmas Eve?

Merry Xmas to you and yours!!
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET