Home

The Mob no Longer Has Serious Killers

Posted By: DillyDolly

The Mob no Longer Has Serious Killers - 10/31/21 08:35 AM

One major thing missing in La Cosa Nostra these days is the fear factor, nobody outside of the mob fears crossing them, and nobody within the mob fears turning on it. The days of vicious, bloodthirsty killers are long gone. And please don't give me this shit about laws being tougher these days, hell multiple murderers like Lepke Buchalter and many others from Murder Incorporated went to the electric chair back in the 1940s, and guys like Carmine Galante, Tommy Pitera, and the Gemini Twins are doing or have done tons of time. So if you plan on going on one of those rants about tougher laws, this thread isn't for you.
Posted By: ColonelReb

Re: The Mob no Longer Has Serious Killers - 10/31/21 09:05 AM

Originally Posted by DillyDolly
One major thing missing in La Cosa Nostra these days is the fear factor, nobody outside of the mob fears crossing them, and nobody within the mob fears turning on it. The days of vicious, bloodthirsty killers are long gone. And please don't give me this shit about laws being tougher these days, hell multiple murderers like Lepke Buchalter and many others from Murder Incorporated went to the electric chair back in the 1940s, and guys like Carmine Galante, Tommy Pitera, and the Gemini Twins are doing or have done tons of time. So if you plan on going on one of those rants about tougher laws, this thread isn't for you.

I have to agree with you 100 percent on that note.if this were 40 years ago no way would Alites kids be in Howard Beach, Calandra driving a truck in Manhattan or that whole Snitch colony consisting of DiLeonardo,Russo, Romano,etc down in South Florida.tbey would be hiding like Henry Hill in Nebraska, Freddy DiNome and Vinny aocean in Texas or Frank Culotta in Mobile, Alabama
Posted By: CNote

Re: The Mob no Longer Has Serious Killers - 10/31/21 09:56 AM

Within the last 25 years, I had and/or witnessed at least 4 encounters with either associates or Made men in Brooklyn and Queens that made me realize that the LCN was very real and if you opened your mouth the wrong way to the wrong person, you could have a very big problem to deal with, SERIOUSLY. In 2013 I witnessed a knife fight involving Preston Geritano's younger brother Benny on Smith St in Carroll Gardens with a local restaurateur, it was very bloody and both of them almost died. When I opened the Costco in Brooklyn in 1996, we were robbed by Gambino associate two weeks after we opened and they stole almost $700,000 at gunpoint. I got a couple of other stories that will make the hairs on your neck stand up too.

Re: The Mob no Longer Has Serious Killers - 10/31/21 10:22 AM

I'm not sure if the knife fight counts as a mob episode, but sure mob crews are still carrying out violent robberies. But I'm talking about the Families having vicious, murderous crews to instill terror and fear into people. The days of bumping into guys with a dozen hits under their belts are over, they're just soft these days. They're afraid of prison, and in the underworld once the wolves smell fear they'll trample all over you. If you still had guys like Roy DeMeo and Tommy Pitera walking around those rats would think twice before putting that wire on. This is why every other guy is wired up. I guarantee you that right now as we speak there are several wired-up informants on the streets recording every wiseguy they can. It's a sick joke.
Posted By: ralphie_cifaretto

Re: The Mob no Longer Has Serious Killers - 10/31/21 10:38 AM

While I agree with most of what you said here, you are wrong about them not having serious people around anymore. You wouldn't even believe how many serious guys are still out there. They have the numbers, but they don't have the benefits they used to have.

Re: The Mob no Longer Has Serious Killers - 10/31/21 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by CNote
Within the last 25 years, I had and/or witnessed at least 4 encounters with either associates or Made men in Brooklyn and Queens that made me realize that the LCN was very real and if you opened your mouth the wrong way to the wrong person, you could have a very big problem to deal with, SERIOUSLY. In 2013 I witnessed a knife fight involving Preston Geritano's younger brother Benny on Smith St in Carroll Gardens with a local restaurateur, it was very bloody and both of them almost died. When I opened the Costco in Brooklyn in 1996, we were robbed by Gambino associate two weeks after we opened and they stole almost $700,000 at gunpoint. I got a couple of other stories that will make the hairs on your neck stand up too.

Yeah, there are so many things that have happened in the street that have never made it into the public forum. People's jaws would drop if they heard some of this. Where in Brooklyn are you from if I may ask?

Re: The Mob no Longer Has Serious Killers - 10/31/21 10:50 AM

It's definitely not the wild, west of the Seventies but like I said, you have a road rage incident with the wrong person and presto you have have four guys waiting for you by your car when you get out of work and then what are you going to do? The knife fight I saw was over a late vig or something, they tried to play it down when questioned by the cops about it but everyone knew it was connected(with my index finger pressed against the side if my nose).

Re: The Mob no Longer Has Serious Killers - 10/31/21 10:53 AM

Originally Posted by ralphie_cifaretto
Originally Posted by CNote

Yeah, there are so many things that have happened in the street that have never made it into the public forum. People's jaws would drop if they heard some of this. Where in Brooklyn are you from if I may ask?

I lived in mobbed up Carroll Gardens for 16 years and before that Whitestone, Queens five blocks away from Carmine(Mr. Gribbs)Tramunti and 10 blocks from Tommy Lucchese’s house in Malba, Queens.

Attached picture photostrip-2014-01-07-1.jpg

Re: The Mob no Longer Has Serious Killers - 10/31/21 11:08 AM

The 1970s? Shit, this ain't even the early 1990s. I'm sure there are plenty of violent episodes, and I'm sure they still have serious people. I'm just not so sure if they have the truly demented murderous sickos of days gone by. But hey, that's why I started this thread to have an open discussion about it and see what you guys think. I just wanted some fresh perspectives and not the same "laws are tougher, technology is more sophisticated" spill we usually get. Those things are factors, but it's more complicated than that.
Posted By: majicrat

Re: The Mob no Longer Has Serious Killers - 11/01/21 10:18 AM

I seriously doubt it. All the turncoats walking around doing podcasts, their family members on tv, the other gangs taking their turf. It’s easy to say there’s a bunch of really tough guys out on the street without naming them and giving real examples of recent violence. Hell Cali was killed in front of his home, in front of his family and NOTHING. And for those who claim the Sicilians need to come over to help cause they’re tough, well he was Sicilian and...nothing. So I doubt it

Re: The Mob no Longer Has Serious Killers - 11/01/21 11:12 AM

The guy who killed Cali is under HEAVY protection, it's just unrealistic to expect anything there. As far as street gangs taking their turf, you have to understand that the Mafia these days are seeking areas that street gangs can only dream of, such as union control, business infiltration, finance through loansharking, in other words the more sophisticated stuff. But you are right, the days of cold-blooded multiple murderers are over for LCN. People can say what they want about tougher laws or whatnot, but the fact remains that back in the day they had guys who didn't give a fuck, life sentence be damned. And the Mafiosi from the old country are the only hope that the American Mafia has to continue on, I strongly stand by that.

Re: The Mob no Longer Has Serious Killers - 11/01/21 11:17 AM

And I believe in giving credit where credit is due, Cali spent virtually his entire life around The Life, and much of it on two continents, yet he only served what, a couple of years at most in the can? It's important that while we're bashing people for their failures to also point out their successes.
Posted By: furio_from_naples

Re: The Mob no Longer Has Serious Killers - 11/01/21 11:19 AM

The future of Italian OC wont be the american mafia but the ndragheta that in silence is growing in the US and Canada.

Re: The Mob no Longer Has Serious Killers - 11/01/21 11:20 AM

The Sicilians are here too Furio, they will all work together there's too much money to be made.
Posted By: NYMafia

Re: The Mob no Longer Has Serious Killers - 11/01/21 11:40 AM

New York has hundreds of guys more than "capable" to pull a trigger. But they've been told NO killings. And you follow the bosses orders. Its a dictate that's come down and been in place at least 10-15 years now already.

But believe me, if they're given the high sign, you'd have guys dropping bodies all over NY/NJ. But do you understand the federal heat that would bring? Thats the reason for the "moratorium"

The easiest thing in the world is to "pull a trigger," but then they'd have to deal with the consequences and fallout of that, which today are very bad.
Posted By: furio_from_naples

Re: The Mob no Longer Has Serious Killers - 11/01/21 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by NYMafia
New York has hundreds of guys more than "capable" to pull a trigger. But they've been told NO killings. And you follow the bosses orders. Its a dictate that's come down and been in place at least 10-15 years now already.

But believe me, if they're given the high sign, you'd have guys dropping bodies all over NY/NJ. But do you understand the federal heat that would bring? Thats the reason for the "moratorium"

The easiest thing in the world is to "pull a trigger," but then they'd have to deal with the consequences and fallout of that, which today are very bad.

Nobody forbid them to kill and hide the body.
Posted By: Newengland

Re: The Mob no Longer Has Serious Killers - 11/01/21 12:12 PM

NY MAFIA

Posted By: TheKillingJoke

Re: The Mob no Longer Has Serious Killers - 11/01/21 12:20 PM

For one, the government has a huge hard-on for the Italian-American mafia. The least of noise any wiseguy makes and LE is on top of it in no time.

On the other hand, the government doesn't give a flying crap about African American, Puerto Rican or Dominican gangbangers stuck in their ghettos. Nor do they give a shit about a bunch of white trash living in NJ trailer parks. Sure they sell drugs (and a lot of it too) and shake down a few small businesses, but that's basically all they ever do. As far as LE is concerned, these gangs are fighting over chump change so they just let them have at it. Just let them sell their cocaine, crank, scag or meth so they can buy their Gucci or Moncler, their gold jewelry or so they can pay for the maintenance of their second Harley or Bentley.
From the moment the activities of street gangs will start to threaten things like legalized gambling, personal loans (like the banks do these days), big time economies (like unions)...then you will see LE start changing their tune about them.

The Mafia is seen as a threat; street/biker/prison gangs are seen as a nuisance. That's the difference.

And if we're talking about the lack of violence conducted by LCN...what about other organized crime "threats" in the area? Where are the "Russians"? Albanians? Israelis? Even the Chinese? Sure they're around, but they're definitely not dropping bodies left and right either.

Re: The Mob no Longer Has Serious Killers - 11/01/21 12:54 PM

Originally Posted by Newengland
NY MAFIA

I have to ask you something. It seems to me that you maybe trying to be like gangland news and that is fine with me but what do you know about pulling a trigger. You say in your post it’s the easiest thing to do. You also talk about guys doing life like you know these people. I just do not get how you talk like you have been there in the life. I will say this it’s sad that the guys doing life or double digit numbers and you have all these guys with podcast and friends or so call friends walk around like it’s ok must really be a gut check.

If you visit my website, and scroll down to the "about us" link, you can read a bit about my background. I keep the description light and don't get into specifics, but hopefully people can read between the lines and understand what I attempted to convey.

Re: The Mob no Longer Has Serious Killers - 11/01/21 12:55 PM

Originally Posted by TheKillingJoke
For one, the government has a huge hard-on for the Italian-American mafia. The least of noise any wiseguy makes and LE is on top of it in no time.

On the other hand, the government doesn't give a flying crap about African American, Puerto Rican or Dominican gangbangers stuck in their ghettos. Nor do they give a shit about a bunch of white trash living in NJ trailer parks. Sure they sell drugs (and a lot of it too) and shake down a few small businesses, but that's basically all they ever do. As far as LE is concerned, these gangs are fighting over chump change so they just let them have at it. Just let them sell their cocaine, crank, scag or meth so they can buy their Gucci or Moncler, their gold jewelry or so they can pay for the maintenance of their second Harley or Bentley.
From the moment the activities of street gangs will start to threaten things like legalized gambling, personal loans (like the banks do these days), big time economies (like unions)...then you will see LE start changing their tune about them.

The Mafia is seen as a threat; street/biker/prison gangs are seen as a nuisance. That's the difference.

And if we're talking about the lack of violence conducted by LCN...what about other organized crime "threats" in the area? Where are the "Russians"? Albanians? Israelis? Even the Chinese? Sure they're around, but they're definitely not dropping bodies left and right either.

I agree with you 100% TKJ, on all fronts

Re: The Mob no Longer Has Serious Killers - 11/01/21 01:11 PM

Ok thank you

Re: The Mob no Longer Has Serious Killers - 11/01/21 01:20 PM

NY MAFIA

I have to ask you something. It seems to me that you maybe trying to be like gangland news and that is fine with me but what do you know about pulling a trigger. You say in your post it’s the easiest thing to do. You also talk about guys doing life like you know these people.

He does know these people. "The Other Guy" is actually a made guy. He's a captain. Writing is just a little side hustle for him

Re: The Mob no Longer Has Serious Killers - 11/01/21 01:51 PM

Y

Re: The Mob no Longer Has Serious Killers - 11/01/21 01:54 PM

O

Re: The Mob no Longer Has Serious Killers - 11/01/21 01:55 PM

You are the guy from California is this correct You are also saying on here who is straighten out. Now I k ow why I show not comment on here. lol.

I thought your question was a serious one. But I see that you and cigarette wanna be clowns. Believe what you like, it's a free country.

Re: The Mob no Longer Has Serious Killers - 11/01/21 02:04 PM

N

Re: The Mob no Longer Has Serious Killers - 11/01/21 02:04 PM

We're breaking balls NYMafia lol. No one cares who knows who

Re: The Mob no Longer Has Serious Killers - 11/01/21 02:05 PM

NEW YORK MAFIA

You have nice day I should only come on here to read I always tell myself not to say anything. If you know Bigge he knows me and he will not tell you who I am but he will let you know that I am not a clown. Again it’s my fault for even commenting on here.

Wait! You're a made guy too?

Re: The Mob no Longer Has Serious Killers - 11/01/21 02:20 PM

I'm the only made guy here, everyone else shut the fuck up.
Posted By: m2w

Re: The Mob no Longer Has Serious Killers - 11/01/21 03:25 PM

Originally Posted by furio_from_naples
The future of Italian OC wont be the american mafia but the ndragheta that in silence is growing in the US and Canada.

in the US??

Re: The Mob no Longer Has Serious Killers - 11/01/21 03:29 PM

Looking to make me the butt of a joke only underscores how truly ill-informed and ignorant you are.

Because I imagine you've visited my site numerous times by now. The fact that you still haven't figured out that much of what I write is unique and smacks of "real street content and knowledge," that you don't have the ability to "read between the lines" and decipher for yourself that what I write "rings" true from personal experience shows how little you really understand about the street.

By contrast, I can tell you that ButtonGuys is contacted and followed regularly by scores of street guys, good fellas and knock-around guys alike, who quickly saw how solid our information was.

What do you wanna tell me now, that you know better than them?
Posted By: Louiebynochi

Re: The Mob no Longer Has Serious Killers - 11/01/21 04:03 PM

This is all so exaggerated it’s nonsense
Number 1 all the gangs respect the mafia and wanna work for them because of the MONEY
And your average citizen is deathly afraid of the mob. Who are these people that aren’t afraid? The only people not afraid are former rats because they know the leaders won’t order a murder cause they’re is no win in killing someone THAT ALREADY TESTIFIED
your avg person on the street is afraid of the mob. End of story

Plenty of killers in the mob and tons of people that guys never heard of
These guys 90% of them are prison hardened gangsters..these guys survive prison it’s all part of the fucking job...plenty of killers no one ever heard of like Andrew Curro a known shooter for the Bonnanos

Re: The Mob no Longer Has Serious Killers - 11/01/21 04:27 PM

Yes m2w, in the US. Neapolitan, Sicilian, and Calabrian mobsters are all here and have been for decades. I don't know what's so hard for people to believe that. Despite RICO, America isn't immune to crime syndicates. Even sending mobsters to the electric chair in the 1940s didn't deter them, and people think they're afraid of RICO?
Posted By: m2w

Re: The Mob no Longer Has Serious Killers - 11/01/21 04:37 PM

Yes m2w, in the US. Neapolitan, Sicilian, and Calabrian mobsters are all here and have been for decades. I don't know what's so hard for people to believe that. Despite RICO, America isn't immune to crime syndicates. Even sending mobsters to the electric chair in the 1940s didn't deter them, and people think they're afraid of RICO?

yes i know, bit i doubt ndrangheta is the future sicilians are by far more in numbrrs over there
Posted By: majicrat

Re: The Mob no Longer Has Serious Killers - 11/01/21 05:43 PM

I respectfully disagree, some of the comments above are definitive in nature as if the writer KNOWS things for a fact. I find this doubtful, not impossible, but doubtful. Then when questioned the insults come out. All I'm going to say about it now is if the order not to kill is the reason no retribution is handed out then that's only an excuse. Violent acts happen all over this country in big cities and small everyday, that NEVER get solved ( Chicago gets shot up every single weekend), So maybe I should add that the current American Mafia members lack the street brains to be a serious killer along with the will. Where there's a will there's a way and the whole order not to do it doesn't make sense. They just don't have the will anymore.

Re: The Mob no Longer Has Serious Killers - 11/01/21 05:55 PM

Originally Posted by majicrat
I respectfully disagree, some of the comments above are definitive in nature as if the writer KNOWS things for a fact. I find this doubtful, not impossible, but doubtful. Then when questioned the insults come out. All I'm going to say about it now is if the order not to kill is the reason no retribution is handed out then that's only an excuse. Violent acts happen all over this country in big cities and small everyday, that NEVER get solved ( Chicago gets shot up every single weekend), So maybe I should add that the current American Mafia members lack the street brains to be a serious killer along with the will. Where there's a will there's a way and the whole order not to do it doesn't make sense. They just don't have the will anymore.

I respect your take, but personally I feel there might be a different reason behind this. It's entirely possible there's a lack of will, but maybe that lack of will is because they don't see the gain from killing anymore. Aside from that, there's still a lot going on behind the scenes that the average joe never hears about. There's lots of guys out there still making a ton of money and I don't think you make money in the criminal world without any sort of fear attached to your name. So we as outsiders definitely don't know a lot and we can only make assumptions based on what we hear/read or don't hear/read.

And for sure there's a lot of unsolved killings going on in minority ghettos, but I feel - again this is an assumption on my part as well - that's mostly because LE doesn't care enough to put a lot of effort into solving them.

Re: The Mob no Longer Has Serious Killers - 11/01/21 06:10 PM

Violent things are happening all the time in the mob every single day
Look at all the recent indictments. In 2013 you almost had a war between the Bonnanos and Luccheses where Michael Meldish was assaulted and in return a Bonnanos Soldier was shot and in retaliation for that Meldish was murdered... also the Bonnanos storming a Lucchese social club armed w machine guns....
Posted By: Strax

Re: The Mob no Longer Has Serious Killers - 11/01/21 06:12 PM

With all the technology these days,you will probably be caught sooner or later for a murder. No one wants to do it , goal of that life is to stay out of prison and keep making money.
Posted By: eastsideofvan

Re: The Mob no Longer Has Serious Killers - 11/01/21 06:31 PM

I see it a little bit differently, and in a way that is in fact probably advantageous to the moneymakers in the mob.

Where in the past killings could be carried out in a much more cavalier manner - there were plenty of senseless and even unnecessary killings, which only undermined the mafia overall. Certainly a Nicky Scarfo Sr. or a Vic & Gas administration was "feared" but they were also completely nuts and by their murderous behaviour weakened their families through the various consequences of those murders.

I would agree that it already is and will be a much rarer thing going forward to hear about a bonafide "mob hit" - and that makes sense - the quality of the mob has declined in all areas from money making down to violence.

I guess my point is, if the mob whacks someone at this point then you KNOW it's something that needed to be done. Not necessarily the case in the past. And if they hesitate to do it, well that's just smart in a day and age where a trace fibre off the floor mat of your car might get you a life sentence which in turn creates a rat who puts 50 guys away. The OP may not wish to discuss today's technology, but I don't see how you separate that from the issue. It IS the issue.

I'm sure the mob still attracts guys who wouldn't hesitate to kill if/when/where they know they can get away with it. But it's a wise move by the administration to keep a lid on cowboy behaviour that will only put everyone away.

Dilly has a point - the mob is definitely not as feared overall as it used to be, but honestly, if you went down to 18th Ave and loaned out $50,000 from Fat Sal at 3 points a week, would you really figure that you've got nothing to worry about if you don't make your payments? Of course the mob is still feared. Not on a level proportionate to their golden years but definitely still feared, for good reason.

Re: The Mob no Longer Has Serious Killers - 11/01/21 06:53 PM

I'm a little fed up with the technology excuse, because to me there's no excuse for allowing John Alite walk through the heart of Little Italy taking pictures and bragging about ratting and getting away with it. It's not even about being a tough guy, where's the pride? There were a lot of unnecessary killings and many got it who didn't deserve it, but this isn't the case here and he's just one example.

Re: The Mob no Longer Has Serious Killers - 11/01/21 07:23 PM

I do agree thats part of it as well. From the top on down the line
Posted By: LittleAl2021

Re: The Mob no Longer Has Serious Killers - 11/01/21 08:57 PM

Originally Posted by ralphie_cifaretto
While I agree with most of what you said here, you are wrong about them not having serious people around anymore. You wouldn't even believe how many serious guys are still out there. They have the numbers, but they don't have the benefits they used to have.

The Lucchese Family for example have guys like Michael DeSantis,Patty Dellorusso,Frank Papagni,George Zappola and Ray Argentina.All of these guys have put the work in though now they are at the top of the Lucchese Family so they don’t need to get their hands dirty

Re: The Mob no Longer Has Serious Killers - 11/01/21 09:02 PM

I'm a little fed up with the technology excuse, because to me there's no excuse for allowing John Alite walk through the heart of Little Italy taking pictures and bragging about ratting and getting away with it. It's not even about being a tough guy, where's the pride? There were a lot of unnecessary killings and many got it who didn't deserve it, but this isn't the case here and he's just one example.

Alite's a waste of oxygen, but what do they possibly have to gain from having Alite whacked in 2021?
If they wanted him killed, it wouldn't be hard to find someone who'd put him in the ground. The guy acted like he was Italian for years and now he's a documented rat he's been trying to cultivate and play up his Albanianness...and in return he got beat up by a few Albanians at a strip club lol.
He's a nobody these days. Any wiseguy that's on the streets nowadays doesn't care about him.
Posted By: Fleming_Ave

Re: The Mob no Longer Has Serious Killers - 11/01/21 09:16 PM

The most reasonable explanation so far. Are they in business to make money, or prove they're tough guys? If I was them, I would want the money.

Re: The Mob no Longer Has Serious Killers - 11/01/21 09:23 PM

I’ll quote Albert Vena, Chicago Capo talking to Steve Mandell in 2013 when Mandell wanted permission to wack someone

“You’ll never survive if your gonna operate like that”

I think we all know Albert Vena is a stone cold Killer

This speaks volumes about how Cosa Nostra operates in America today....

Re: The Mob no Longer Has Serious Killers - 11/01/21 09:31 PM

Originally Posted by Fleming_Ave

The most reasonable explanation so far. Are they in business to make money, or prove they're tough guys? If I was them, I would want the money.

100% Fleming

Re: The Mob no Longer Has Serious Killers - 11/01/21 09:50 PM

Ugh, I don't know. You have a point, but guys like Alite seem to be pushing the envelope pretty far. I know it must hurt their pride, I guess it takes an extraordinary amount of discipline to ignore it.

Re: The Mob no Longer Has Serious Killers - 11/02/21 08:39 AM

I remember reading about Alite's nightclub ass whooping. One of the Albanians said something like, "You pretend to be a tough guy, but aren't you that rat?"

Re: The Mob no Longer Has Serious Killers - 11/02/21 11:11 AM

He ran out of the back of a titty bar called Sugar Daddys and jumped in Newtown Creek on the Brookkyn/Queens border.

Attached picture SugarDaddysWater.jpg
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET