Home

Bruno Family

Posted By: DonCheech

Bruno Family - 09/22/21 09:03 PM

Why isn't the Philadelphia mob, as they're referred to now, still known as the Bruno family? Did Scarfo do it? Was it ever officially known as the Scarfo family?

Awaiting on Serpiente.
Posted By: DillyDolly

Re: Bruno Family - 09/23/21 12:26 AM

Good question, but I would also like to know why the Florida Mafia isn't called the Trafficante Family, or the New Orleans Mafia the Marcello Family, even though both of these groups are probably totally extinct, New Orleans for sure.
Posted By: CNote

Re: Bruno Family - 09/23/21 01:00 AM

You have the Chicago Outfit and you have the Patriarca Family in Boston and then you have the Buffalo Crime Family and the Bufalino Crime Family.
Posted By: Lenox

Re: Bruno Family - 09/23/21 01:42 AM

Isnt it called the Bruno Scarfo family?
Posted By: Malavita

Re: Bruno Family - 09/23/21 05:49 AM

I have always called it the Bruno-Scarfo Family
Posted By: furio_from_naples

Re: Bruno Family - 09/23/21 07:42 AM

The names was given when Valachi flipped in 1963 using the family bosses surnames.
Apart Detroit the Outfit,all the other families get the "name" in 1963.
The Bruno-Scarfo family was gave by the nespapers durin the bloody Scarfo reign and dont forget Massino that in the 1990s tried to change the family name from Bonanno to Massino family.

Re: Bruno Family - 09/23/21 07:45 AM

Originally Posted by DillyDolly
Good question, but I would also like to know why the Florida Mafia isn't called the Trafficante Family, or the New Orleans Mafia the Marcello Family, even though both of these groups are probably totally extinct, New Orleans for sure.

All are both extinct,now the mobsters in Florida come from outside no native family.

Re: Bruno Family - 09/23/21 09:05 AM

I prefer Bruno Family, Bruno was a legend, Scarfo was a disaster.

Re: Bruno Family - 09/23/21 09:14 AM

Originally Posted by DillyDolly
I prefer Bruno Family, Bruno was a legend, Scarfo was a disaster.

Where are lucky that isn't called Merlino family. lol lol lol

Re: Bruno Family - 09/23/21 10:15 AM

Yeah, that would be worse. I love Italian names, and Scarfo sounds really badass, but I think he was too much of a disaster to have the family named after him.

Re: Bruno Family - 09/23/21 10:25 AM

Speaking of crime family names, the first one I heard of was the Gambino Family, due to rap music and magazines lol. It sounded so cool too lol no wonder they name themselves after them
Posted By: hoodlum

Re: Bruno Family - 09/25/21 04:28 AM

Originally Posted by Malavita
I have always called it the Bruno-Scarfo Family

I believe that is the (non) Official name.... up 2 this day anyways...but in my old heart it will always be " The Bruno Crime Famiglia".
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET