Home

Skinny Joey Back In South Philly

Posted By: furio_from_naples

Skinny Joey Back In South Philly - 09/17/21 05:14 PM

https://gangsterreport.com/the-prod...e-in-half-decade-mob-gossip-mill-ablaze/

The Prodigal Son Returns: Skinny Joey Back In South Philly For First Time In Half Decade, Mob Gossip Mill Ablaze
Scott Burnstein -
September 16, 2021

[Linked Image]

September 16, 2021 – Philadelphia mafia don Joseph (Skinny Joey) Merlino has been making the rounds in the old neighborhood lately, returning to the City of Brotherly Love for the first time in five years. First on his agenda was reuniting with his mom, Rita, who he had not seen in person since 2018.

The handsome, swashbuckling 59-year old gangland figure relocated to Boca Raton, Florida in 2011 upon his release from prison on a racketeering conviction. The FBI believes he runs the Bruno-Scarfo crime family from afar using a series of proxies and front bosses. Merlino took control of the crime family in the 1990s when he was just in his thirties by winning a shooting war for power.

Per sources and media reports, the Skinny One was present for a glad-handing session with the rank-and-file at the local mob clubhouse in South Philly at Ninth & Christian in the first few days of his return and made his way to at least one meeting with his attorney, the venerable Eddie Jacobs. Paparazzi and federal surveillance units were snapping photos simultaneously as Merlino took in the Philadelphia Phillies-Colorado Rockies MLB game last Thursday and Friday nights from box seats at Citizens Bank Park. Merlino’s daughter dates a member of the Colorado Rockie
s.

Following his Friday night at the ballgame, Merlino and his entourage went clubbing and hit up Rouge in Rittenhouse Square. Over the weekend, he dined at some of his old-school favorite haunts like Chickie’s & Pete’s and The Saloon. He watched the Philadelphia Eagles’ NFL opener Sunday afternoon at Chickie’s & Pete’s.

Merlino got off his parole restrictions (from a 2016 gambling pinch) back in July and is allowed to meet with anybody he wants. According to sources, he has met with several of his high-ranking mob lieutenants so far during his stay. This weekend, he will head to the wedding of a close associate’s daughter.

Fox29 and Mob Talk Sitdown News Dave Schratwieser was the first to report on the particulars of Merlino’s return to South Philly.
Posted By: southshorekid

Re: Skinny Joey Back In South Philly - 09/17/21 07:20 PM

Lol the Philly guys love Chickie’s & Pete’s. I want crab fries just thinking about all the time I spent in that fucking place.
Posted By: TheKillingJoke

Re: Skinny Joey Back In South Philly - 09/17/21 07:25 PM

Crab fries?

That sounds awesome
We don't get that stuff over here on the other side of the pond lol

Re: Skinny Joey Back In South Philly - 09/17/21 07:32 PM

Originally Posted by TheKillingJoke
Crab fries?

That sounds awesome

You’re not alone pal. That’s a Philly thing. Forget the other side of the pond… you can’t even get them on the other side of the Hudson. Trust me I’ve tried haha.
Posted By: hoodlum

Re: Skinny Joey Back In South Philly - 09/17/21 07:43 PM

Originally Posted by southshorekid
Crab fries?

That sounds awesome

You’re not alone pal. That’s a Philly thing. Forget the other side of the pond… you can’t even get them on the other side of the Hudson. Trust me I’ve tried haha.

All they are r french fries dusted (sprinkled) w/ Old Bay seasoning.

Re: Skinny Joey Back In South Philly - 09/17/21 07:51 PM

Originally Posted by hoodlum
Crab fries?

That sounds awesome

That cheese sauce though! I’ve tried doing it myself and can’t pull it off. Otherwise yeah it’s just crinkle fries and old bay. Well this thread has really veered off course.

Re: Skinny Joey Back In South Philly - 09/17/21 07:51 PM

I heard that in Baltimore they got crab chips, which also is regular potato chips with some crab spice seasoning
Posted By: DanteMoltisanti

Re: Skinny Joey Back In South Philly - 09/17/21 08:10 PM

They’re opening up a Chickies and Pete’s location in Vegas.

-Dante
Posted By: Lenox

Re: Skinny Joey Back In South Philly - 09/17/21 11:09 PM

Who is the guy with joey?

Re: Skinny Joey Back In South Philly - 09/18/21 12:40 AM

Crab fries?

That sounds awesome

That cheese sauce though! I’ve tried doing it myself and can’t pull it off. Otherwise yeah it’s just crinkle fries and old bay. Well this thread has really veered off course.

It's melted AMERICAN CHEESE 4 Gods sake...if u let it sit 4 a good few minutes w/out stirring , it solidifies!!
Posted By: PhillyGuys

Re: Skinny Joey Back In South Philly - 09/20/21 01:59 PM

Originally Posted by Lenox

Steve Frangipani

Re: Skinny Joey Back In South Philly - 09/20/21 02:47 PM

Originally Posted by PhillyGuys

Steve Frangipani

Is he made?
Posted By: mike68

Re: Skinny Joey Back In South Philly - 09/20/21 04:04 PM

'Mob gossip mill ablaze' LOL

More importantly, which Rockies player is dating Merlino's daughter?
Posted By: PhillyGuys

Re: Skinny Joey Back In South Philly - 09/20/21 05:33 PM

Originally Posted by mike68
'Mob gossip mill ablaze' LOL

More importantly, which Rockies player is dating Merlino's daughter?

Colton Welker
Posted By: majicrat

Re: Skinny Joey Back In South Philly - 09/22/21 06:46 PM

Didn't he (welker) get suspended for PED's?
Posted By: PhillyBilly

Re: Skinny Joey Back In South Philly - 09/24/21 02:06 PM

Thank you for the lead PhillyGuys

Attached picture Skinny Phils.jpg
Posted By: Serpiente

Re: Skinny Joey Back In South Philly - 09/25/21 12:43 AM

I don’t know how these guys are going to stay out of the joint ….

The people in the game the wires that can be hidden even if you are checked you cant find easy .

Dom is facing time and there are not to many active crews to generate cash let alone keep Skinny living large .

Dom and Nick’s hold everything in there hand as far as Skinny and the top 7 in that family.

If one of them ever flipped it would really change Philly forever.

Re: Skinny Joey Back In South Philly - 09/25/21 01:57 AM

Originally Posted by Serpiente

The people in the game the wires that can be hidden even if you are checked you cant find easy .

Dom is facing time and there are not to many active crews to generate cash let alone keep Skinny living large .

Dom and Nick’s hold everything in there hand as far as Skinny and the top 7 in that family.

Serp....In ur opinion ..if Skinny were out of the picture 4 some reason or another..... who'd b ur choice as #1??]
Posted By: DillyDolly

Re: Skinny Joey Back In South Philly - 09/25/21 02:31 AM

I think it's over for these guys, those stupid, senseless wars already put everyone on the map, plus you had the Scarfo reign. They're finished I think.

Re: Skinny Joey Back In South Philly - 09/25/21 03:40 AM

Originally Posted by DillyDolly
I think it's over for these guys, those stupid, senseless wars already put everyone on the map, plus you had the Scarfo reign. They're finished I think.

Yea, but 4 my roll of the dice, which was my day & certain associates, Scarfo's men were fearless & most (not all) killers...Faffy ,( whom I tried 2 buy a small boat )..back in the mid 80s from in Longport nj.w/ nil results.......( I was a kid)..early 20s...Phil Narducchie ..a real gangster back in our day...& Nicky Whip who would kill on command if told by Mr. Scarfo...also ..lets not forget the best killer of the day ..Salvie..whom I DID NOT KNOW on a "let's have a beer situation"...but alas was aware of the last day arguments that he & Nicky got into @ 28 n. Georgia Ave...........alas told .as a young man..the man I Iiked the most from small talk & genuine personality on a 2 time encounter was Nicky Crow...that man was funny & full of heist knowledge..he could go on forever & still make u laugh w/out being scared of the real person u urself knew who u were talking 2.....I'm rambling 2 much about old shit & it's time 4 me 2 shut up & go 2 bed (I listen 2 my wife who in these days , control me after 1 2 many Blue Moon beers...)..Later.

Re: Skinny Joey Back In South Philly - 09/25/21 10:51 PM

Serp....In ur opinion ..if Skinny were out of the picture 4 some reason or another..... who'd b ur choice as #1??]

Well i keep saying there are not anymore rackets …. And then theres a bust …. I say Faffy if he wants it or Phil N if still active …. They did there time …. I know theres a few more out there that did there time but don’t seam to be that active but who knows ….Stevie M or Lance

The younger guys like Dom G to me are the only crew hustling but there must be more because theres a lots of guys that are still in south Philly and there not working …. And we all know a regular guy making 100,000$ a year the money is gone at year end easily …. So these guys must be making 200,000$ just to be able to live where they live drive what they drive and spend summers down here ….. Christ my neighbor is getting 45,000 $ a month for his house …. So its not cheep.

Re: Skinny Joey Back In South Philly - 09/27/21 12:45 AM

Well i keep saying there are not anymore rackets …. And then theres a bust …. I say Faffy if he wants it or Phil N if still active …. They did there time …. I know theres a few more out there that did there time but don’t seam to be that active but who knows ….Stevie M or Lance

The younger guys like Dom G to me are the only crew hustling but there must be more because theres a lots of guys that are still in south Philly and there not working …. And we all know a regular guy making 100,000$ a year the money is gone at year end easily …. So these guys must be making 200,000$ just to be able to live where they live drive what they drive and spend summers down here ….. Christ my neighbor is getting 45,000 $ a month for his house …. So its not cheep.

Re: Skinny Joey Back In South Philly - 09/27/21 12:58 AM

Thanx 4 ansering Serp..I have not been down 2 ur hood i a long time..i wish I could but I know what would happen..( I'll kill somebody 4 littering..or I'll get locked up for speaking my mind...)..etc...
Posted By: grumpies

Re: Skinny Joey Back In South Philly - 09/27/21 01:16 AM

Did u almost buy space ship parts from NASA also?? boy you got some whoppers.. you must toss a lot of salad down that clubhouse on 6th st.....

Re: Skinny Joey Back In South Philly - 09/27/21 01:42 AM

I think i know how they are making money. and it may be from renting properties out and fixing old ones up.. renting out to the yuppies starting at $1500 an up a month . u can get a mortgage cheaper than that in the subarbs. i done brick work on some of those properties in philly from girard ave to south philly. some houses going for $400-600,000. wow. so i think they are in the reale state racket some how. i know of a guy in margate who owns a new restaruant for 2-3 yrs now. who has a wife and she does real estate.. marty anglna has a brother in real estate and ant nicodemo i believe was in real estate. some may be kinda of legit but also used cheap labor and lucky to be aided by rising property values..

Re: Skinny Joey Back In South Philly - 09/27/21 02:11 AM

WoW Serpiente $45000 a month for rental.. of course real estate is rising but almost so much, soon nobody will be able to keep up.. but a verry few.. nice restaruants down there Margate also. Serp have you ever been to the new Saltwater .?

Re: Skinny Joey Back In South Philly - 09/27/21 02:19 AM

nice picture i believe over joeys left shoulder is ed wagner. ray wags brother. and rays kids there also, i dont see ray. i cant enlarge the picture.

Re: Skinny Joey Back In South Philly - 09/27/21 01:47 PM

Originally Posted by grumpies
WoW Serpiente $45000 a month for rental.. of course real estate is rising but almost so much, soon nobody will be able to keep up.. but a verry few.. nice restaruants down there Margate also. Serp have you ever been to the new Saltwater .?

The houses down here don’t make it to market …. There is a bidding war from list of people that each agent or agency or broker has … you cant get a yearly rental …. A 3 br 2 ba ranch in Margate will get you 12,000 $ month …. It has completely blown up …. Even AC is selling …. Houses past old high school are going for 500,000 up to a million …. The ones on bay that flood are going for 300,000 $. Its nutzzzz

Re: Skinny Joey Back In South Philly - 09/27/21 01:49 PM

Thanx 4 ansering Serp..I have not been down 2 ur hood i a long time..i wish I could but I know what would happen..( I'll kill somebody 4 littering..or I'll get locked up for speaking my mind...)..etc...

For sure Hood …. It’s so disgusting back in town … the fentanyl has a grip on it and AC mayor is a pig .

Re: Skinny Joey Back In South Philly - 09/27/21 03:07 PM

Is that guy Frangipani with Joey in the first pic a made guy or a legitimate guy?
Posted By: boomboomroom

Re: Skinny Joey Back In South Philly - 10/04/21 07:01 PM

Posted By: Moe_Tilden

Re: Skinny Joey Back In South Philly - 10/11/21 11:00 PM

Scott Burnstein has got to be trolling with the amount of times he calls Merlino handsome, right?
Posted By: azguy

Re: Skinny Joey Back In South Philly - 10/12/21 03:07 PM

Originally Posted by Moe_Tilden
Scott Burnstein has got to be trolling with the amount of times he calls Merlino handsome, right?

Yup, fanboy for sure
Posted By: ColonelReb

Re: Skinny Joey Back In South Philly - 10/16/21 09:00 AM

Originally Posted by Moe_Tilden

You jerk off to Merlino don't ya Moe? Especially the picture of Joey walking with the cane after getting shot in his ass. Moe looks at that picture while stroking his tiny cock saying " Ooh Yeah Joey, that's right. Moe banged you with that 3 inch crooked cock and now you can't walk right"

Re: Skinny Joey Back In South Philly - 10/19/21 02:19 AM

mazzone will probably skate free on charges. but dom has the the drug charges. and look what kind of drugs he was peddling. i trhink he gets time.. if joey is smart he better stay away from philly. or the feds will invent a charge against him. that is just the way things look in this day in age.. dom better get in better shape before he goes away. he might b some ones tinker bell.. dom knew better not to even attempt to get the guys who smashed up his windows. he has no gorilla in him, and the only way he can make money is to sell crapolaa..

Re: Skinny Joey Back In South Philly - 10/19/21 03:23 AM

Who broke Doms windows and why ?

Re: Skinny Joey Back In South Philly - 10/19/21 09:49 PM

Originally Posted by grumpies
mazzone will probably skate free on charges. but dom has the the drug charges. and look what kind of drugs he was peddling. i trhink he gets time.. if joey is smart he better stay away from philly. or the feds will invent a charge against him. that is just the way things look in this day in age.. dom better get in better shape before he goes away. he might b some ones tinker bell.. dom knew better not to even attempt to get the guys who smashed up his windows. he has no gorilla in him, and the only way he can make money is to sell crapolaa..

Dam right … feds can do whatever they want and with the government in DC being as bad as any mob has ever been they will get away with anything . If not for a few judges seeing right through some cases the government would be getting away with everything . Everyone thought the government was doing you a favor of getting rid of the bad guys ….. well fucknut the government is ten times worse then any crime family.

Re: Skinny Joey Back In South Philly - 10/19/21 11:24 PM

Dom’s a good guy in that life. And he carries himself well and will get respect.
Posted By: merlino

Re: Skinny Joey Back In South Philly - 10/21/21 12:50 PM

might be an angry female

Re: Skinny Joey Back In South Philly - 10/21/21 03:37 PM

Originally Posted by merlino

might be an angry female

I heard someone smashed his car windshield and stole his cassette deck and all his cassette tapes. Luckily Led Zeppelin 4 was in his glive comparment and they didnt steal that. They also stole a yoyo and a black sabbath concert shirt.
Posted By: mike68

Re: Skinny Joey Back In South Philly - 10/21/21 04:19 PM

Originally Posted by merlino

might be an angry female

I heard someone smashed his car windshield and stole his cassette deck and all his cassette tapes. Luckily Led Zeppelin 4 was in his glive comparment and they didnt steal that. They also stole a yoyo and a black sabbath concert shirt.

Did they leave the fuzzy dice?

Re: Skinny Joey Back In South Philly - 10/21/21 05:41 PM

They also stole a black sabbath concert shirt.

Afaic that's a valid reason to put a hit out lol
Posted By: Mikey_Sunset

Re: Skinny Joey Back In South Philly - 10/21/21 06:56 PM

Only if it's an Ozzy, Dio or Gillan era shirt. Tony Martin sucked.

Re: Skinny Joey Back In South Philly - 10/21/21 07:20 PM

Originally Posted by Mikey_Sunset

Only if it's an Ozzy, Dio or Gillan era shirt. Tony Martin sucked.

"Headless Cross" is a killer album and I'm willing to die on that hill grin
Posted By: Mikey_Sunset

Re: Skinny Joey Back In South Philly - 10/21/21 08:58 PM

That's what they all say..."What about Headless Cross?" Okay, it is the least sucky of the Martin records but even Cozy Powell couldn't save TYR. \m/

Re: Skinny Joey Back In South Philly - 10/21/21 09:14 PM

That's what they all say..."What about Headless Cross?" Okay, it is the least sucky of the Martin records but even Cozy Powell couldn't save TYR. \m/

TYR sorta garnered a cult reputation among underground fans, but I'm not that fond of it. There's quite a few bland tracks on that one.
"Born Again" on the other hand is an album that gets a lot of flack, but it's actually a really underrated record. Ian Gillan did a great job. It's the Black Sabbath record that weeds out the weak fans.

Re: Skinny Joey Back In South Philly - 10/22/21 12:32 AM

TYR sorta garnered a cult reputation among underground fans, but I'm not that fond of it. There's quite a few bland tracks on that one.
"Born Again" on the other hand is an album that gets a lot of flack, but it's actually a really underrated record. Ian Gillan did a great job. It's the Black Sabbath record that weeds out the weak fans.

Cozy Powell was a great drummer., he really was. I saw Sabbath at madison square garden with Dio in 1982. I really liked the Dio era.

Re: Skinny Joey Back In South Philly - 10/22/21 05:50 PM

Cozy Powell was a great drummer., he really was. I saw Sabbath at madison square garden with Dio in 1982. I really liked the Dio era.

Dio era was awesome for sure

Re: Skinny Joey Back In South Philly - 10/22/21 06:41 PM

Dio era was awesome for sure

Neon Knights , heaven and hell, and Voodoo. 3 awesome Dio era Sabbath songs. They opened up with neon knights when I saw them.
Posted By: Ravens410

Re: Skinny Joey Back In South Philly - 10/22/21 08:20 PM

So you two want to see Joey play with Sabbath?

Re: Skinny Joey Back In South Philly - 10/23/21 12:25 AM

Originally Posted by Ravens410

Yes, I think that would be a great career move on Merlino’s part.

Re: Skinny Joey Back In South Philly - 10/23/21 07:27 PM

Wow...From Merlino in town 2 a lengthy debate on Dio & Sabbath..LOL..talk about off topic..speakin' of , I saw Sabbaths last tour w/Ozzy b4 they fired him in 78, Van Halen was the opening guest..nobody knew who VH was...boy if we only knew what we were witnessing.....
Posted By: Fleming_Ave

Re: Skinny Joey Back In South Philly - 10/23/21 08:40 PM

Amen! Trashed is one of my favorite songs.

Re: Skinny Joey Back In South Philly - 10/23/21 09:33 PM

Wow...From Merlino in town 2 a lengthy debate on Dio & Sabbath..LOL..talk about off topic..speakin' of , I saw Sabbaths last tour w/Ozzy b4 they fired him in 78, Van Halen was the opening guest..nobody knew who VH was...boy if we only knew what we were witnessing.....

Hood was it at JFK ?

Re: Skinny Joey Back In South Philly - 10/23/21 09:40 PM

Hood was it at JFK ?

No Serp...@ The Spectrum...VH blew Sabbath away , not 2 mention Ozzy WAS visibly wasted ..1 of the main reasons he was let go.
Posted By: boomboomroom

Re: Skinny Joey Back In South Philly - 12/23/21 04:42 PM

Nicky Scarfo & The Philly Mob (1992)

Re: Skinny Joey Back In South Philly - 12/25/21 03:19 AM

Originally Posted by boomboomroom
Nicky Scarfo & The Philly Mob (1992)

I just saw this on ( organized crime inc.) youtube...they always have back in the day videos..good stuff.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET