Home

Who was the most powerful Consigliere

Posted By: Zavattoni

Who was the most powerful Consigliere - 09/04/21 05:32 PM

II was wondering who was the most powerful Consigliere?

My vote would be Bobby Manna because he had a very heavy influence in the Genovese's; and was close with Vincent Gigante; He also had 4-5 crews in New Jersey that he oversaw.

My other vote would be Antonio Caponigro; He had his own boss whacked (Angelo Bruno)

My 3rd and final vote would be; Stefano Cannone; Phil Rastelli had him as his #2 even though he was Consigliere.

Would love other opinions!
Posted By: Njein

Re: Who was the most powerful Consigliere - 09/04/21 06:06 PM

Mine would be:

-Frank Costello
-Anthony Spero
-Quiet Dom Cirillo
-Mike Miranda
-Tom DiBlella
-Vincent Rao
-John Tartamella
Posted By: ralphie_cifaretto

Re: Who was the most powerful Consigliere - 09/04/21 07:01 PM

Fat Tony Salerno had more power than God
Posted By: Louiebynochi

Re: Who was the most powerful Consigliere - 09/04/21 07:02 PM

Chicago Consigliere Anthony Accardo....
Posted By: ralphie_cifaretto

Re: Who was the most powerful Consigliere - 09/04/21 07:05 PM

Tony Accardo was an overrated bum lol. New York is where its at Lou
Posted By: MolochioInduced

Re: Who was the most powerful Consigliere - 09/04/21 07:43 PM

Tom Hagen lol
Posted By: Friend_of_Henry

Re: Who was the most powerful Consigliere - 09/04/21 09:44 PM

Originally Posted by MolochioInduced
Tom Hagen lol

It wasn't that Tom was a bad Consigliere, Sonny was a bad Don ;-)
Posted By: Turnbull

Re: Who was the most powerful Consigliere - 09/05/21 03:05 AM

Meyer Lansky. Although he wasn't Italian or a member of any family, he was Charlie Luciano's most trusted adviser and very influential with Frank Costello and Joe Adonis.
Posted By: MeyerLansky

Re: Who was the most powerful Consigliere - 09/05/21 03:06 AM

for me it's sil !
Posted By: jace

Re: Who was the most powerful Consigliere - 09/05/21 02:00 PM

If Frank Costello served in the role as NJein mentioned in his post above, he has my vote as the most powerful. I would say However Accardo is very strong competition for that spot.
Posted By: NYMafia

Re: Who was the most powerful Consigliere - 09/05/21 02:18 PM

In my humble opinion, the Luciano Family's, Francesco Saverio (Frank Costello) Castiglia, was without a doubt the most influential 'consigliere' to ever hold that position in a borgata.

He would later rise to 'acting boss' over the whole lot, but his time as consigliere was such that he ruled the Democratic Political machine in NY, and was a puppet master. He ruled quietly for decades in that position, and was the ultimate 'peacemaker,' which helped maintain stability within not only the Luciano/Genovese Family, but throughout all Cosa Nostra.

Vincent (Vincy) Rao of the Gagliano/Lucchese's, and Tony Accardo for Chicago, are both solid runners up. But IMO Costello stands alone in his influence and good judgment.

THAT was a consigliere!
Posted By: bronx

Re: Who was the most powerful Consigliere - 09/07/21 02:07 AM

joe traina
Posted By: ColonelReb

Re: Who was the most powerful Consigliere - 09/07/21 06:35 AM

Tony Accardo. Hands down
Posted By: Millspgh

Re: Who was the most powerful Consigliere - 09/07/21 06:44 PM

Many "experts" classify Tony Accardo as the Outfit Consiglieri, if that is the case, there is nobody who was more powerful. But In Reality, he was more than that although he did serve that role from 1957-1992.
I would give him my vote.

This is a great topic and question by the way
Posted By: jace

Re: Who was the most powerful Consigliere - 09/07/21 09:16 PM

I had not thought of Accardo, he may be the best top choice.
Posted By: Zavattoni

Re: Who was the most powerful Consigliere - 09/07/21 09:29 PM

I hadn’t thought about Accardo; I think he may be the most powerful followed by Frank Costello;

I should have thought more about some of these guys before I made this topic.
Posted By: NYMafia

Re: Who was the most powerful Consigliere - 09/07/21 11:32 PM

IMO, Accardo was more than a consigliere. He was a boss, underboss, and consigliere, all rolled into one. He and Paul Delucia changed hats as need be through the years. Accardo wore all hats. He was one of a kind
--
But Frank Costello (IMO) was probably the best example of a true blue "Consigliere" in every sense of the word. In the truest sense. Moderate in his views. Level-headed, non-violent unless forced to be. Conciliatory, intelligent and savvy, he invested borgata money in unbelievable licit and illicit enterprises to 'grow' the family war chest, etc, etc.

Each of these two men died in their own beds as multimillionaires with their shoes off, surrounded by silk sheets and house maids. Need I say more?
Posted By: Louiebynochi

Re: Who was the most powerful Consigliere - 09/08/21 05:23 PM

Originally Posted by NYMafia
IMO, Accardo was more than a consigliere. He was a boss, underboss, and consigliere, all rolled into one. He and Paul Delucia changed hats as need be through the years. Accardo wore all hats. He was one of a kind
--
But Frank Costello (IMO) was probably the best example of a true blue "Consigliere" in every sense of the word. In the truest sense. Moderate in his views. Level-headed, non-violent unless forced to be. Conciliatory, intelligent and savvy, he invested borgata money in unbelievable licit and illicit enterprises to 'grow' the family war chest, etc, etc.

Each of these two men died in their own beds as multimillionaires with their shoes off, surrounded by silk sheets and house maids. Need I say more?

Right, let’s just admit you were wrong...and like I said before everyone else...Chicago Consigliere Anthony Accardo was the most powerful followed in the rear by Costello, who was BRIEFLY(5 years)consigliere before becoming Acting Boss and later Boss for Luciano
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET