Home

The Shadow Mafioso...Giovanni (John) Melito

Posted By: NYMafia

The Shadow Mafioso...Giovanni (John) Melito - 09/01/21 02:58 AM

Active since before the formation of a blended Cosa Nostra itself, this next fellow became one of the most important mafiosi in all of Central New York State. Yet, his true status and importance to the Brotherhood remained a shadow to the general public during his underworld career and lifetime.

https://thenewyorkmafia.com/2021/08/31/the-utica-mob-giovanni-john-melito/

This is the first in a special ButtonGuys series. We hope you enjoy it.

We needed our shovels to deep dig this mafioso up!
Posted By: Lou_Para

Re: The Shadow Mafioso...Giovanni (John) Melito - 09/01/21 05:48 AM

NYMafia,fascinating bio on Melito ! Beautiful job on the research,very thorough. All in all, a very enjoyable read. also loved the side info on the skeet shooting.

Re: The Shadow Mafioso...Giovanni (John) Melito - 09/01/21 12:11 PM

Originally Posted by Lou_Para
NYMafia,fascinating bio on Melito ! Beautiful job on the research,very thorough. All in all, a very enjoyable read. also loved the side info on the skeet shooting.

Thank you buddy boy. I felt the same way. I had seen this fellas name a few times. But nada on any info regarding him. So I viewed it as a challenge of sorts (not to mention that I too was curious to see who and what he was). When I saw that he allegedly was tied to the Anastasio's, I said lets see what's what.

I glad you enjoyed it so much. Along this same vein I have a few more guys from up that way who also fell into this category. But out of all of them Melito was the most mystery, that's why I tackled him first.
Posted By: faffy444

Re: The Shadow Mafioso...Giovanni (John) Melito - 09/01/21 01:11 PM

terrific job on JOHN MELITO.a very nice chronological layout and detail. there were a lot of guys from central NYS that you can pick from moving forward. I look forward to the next installment.

Re: The Shadow Mafioso...Giovanni (John) Melito - 09/01/21 01:33 PM

Originally Posted by faffy444
terrific job on JOHN MELITO.a very nice chronological layout and detail. there were a lot of guys from central NYS that you can pick from moving forward. I look forward to the next installment.

Thank you Faffy. I'm very happy that Melito is being well received by you guys. And yes (don't worry about it). I got a few more coming your way similar to the way I wrote Melito. I think you guys are gonna really enjoy em all

As a complimentary piece, I'm reposting my "Underworld Landscape from Upstate New York. It dovetails perfectly with Melito's bio and what coming up next.

Re: The Shadow Mafioso...Giovanni (John) Melito - 09/04/21 09:19 PM

We just discovered Melito's actual DOD and burial info. we'll be making adjustments and inserting the info into this bio soon.

Sorry for the delay.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET