Home

It's been debunked, Persico was NO Rat. Period!

Posted By: NYMafia

It's been debunked, Persico was NO Rat. Period! - 08/22/21 04:18 PM

Here is an editorial (as well as the fact sheets and proof) that my partner Lisa, aka "Mafia Student," just posted up on TNYM and across the internet to clear the air (and Carmine's name about the false wire put on him).

I think the more logical posters here on GBB will appreciate and concur with her thoughts (and mine)

https://thenewyorkmafia.com/2021/08/22/carmine-persico-is-not-a-rat-end-of-story/

She totally debunked the false accusation that he was an informer.

He may have been a hoodlum. And a top one at that....but he was NO rat!

Lisa wrote a great piece on it. And I think she deserves a compliment for her efforts.
Posted By: JCrusher

Re: Carmine Persico was NOT a Rat. Period! - 08/22/21 05:30 PM

Maybe not but he was a snake though 😂

Re: Carmine Persico was NOT a Rat. Period! - 08/22/21 05:41 PM

Originally Posted by JCrusher
Maybe not but he was a snake though 😂

That he was. lol
Posted By: Friend_of_Henry

Re: Carmine Persico was NOT a Rat. Period! - 08/22/21 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by NYMafia
Here is an editorial (as well as the fact sheets and proof) that my partner Lisa, aka "Mafia Student," just posted up on TNYM and across the internet to clear the air (and Carmine's name about the false wire put on him).

I think the more logical posters here on GBB will appreciate and concur with her thoughts (and mine)

https://thenewyorkmafia.com/2021/08/22/carmine-persico-is-not-a-rat-end-of-story/

Lisa wrote a great piece on it. And I think she deserves a compliment for her efforts.

I'm glad you two are back and Lord knows, some of "us" need a little polishing ;-) She helps you shine bright :-)
Hard to believe that I enjoy learning about guys I never heard of. Hey, I'm just a small city kinda' guy.

Re: Carmine Persico was NOT a Rat. Period! - 08/22/21 05:57 PM

Originally Posted by Friend_of_Henry

I'm glad you two are back and Lord knows, some of "us" need a little polishing ;-) She helps you shine bright :-)
Hard to believe that I enjoy learning about guys I never heard of. Hey, I'm just a small city kinda' guy.

Thanks for the positive comments. I'm sure Lisa appreciates it as well. And know what? Learning about the mob is a fun pastime for those of us who enjoy that sort of thing. So why not enjoy it all, right? I agree with you FOH
Posted By: JCrusher

Re: Carmine Persico was NOT a Rat. Period! - 08/22/21 06:06 PM

Thanks for the positive comments. I'm sure Lisa appreciates it as well. And know what? Learning about the mob is a fun pastime for those of us who enjoy that sort of thing. So why not enjoy it all, right? I agree with you FOH

. You’re a good poster NYMafia. Although I don’t respect any mobster and we may not always agree I find you pretty objective. Ive always found different types of history interesting any news info is appreciated

Re: Carmine Persico was NOT a Rat. Period! - 08/22/21 06:33 PM

Originally Posted by JCrusher

. You’re a good poster NYMafia. Although I don’t respect any mobster and we may not always agree I find you pretty objective. Ive always found different types of history interesting any news info is appreciated

Thank you for your even handed evaluation of me. And yes we might not always agree, but I try and respect everyone else's feelings on various subjects, just so long as they don't try and attack me for my views.

It's fine to think differently. Thats what makes the world go round right?

Disagree, by keep it friendly and gentlemanly. Makes sense right?

I do try and be objective on things. But we're all only human, and all of us are prone to mistakes now and again.

Thanks for your kind comments. And its nice to chat with a gentleman such as yourself
Posted By: Lou_Para

Re: Carmine Persico was NOT a Rat. Period! - 08/22/21 09:46 PM

NYM,while we're on the subject,count me in as a fan as well. The effort you guys put into providing content is greatly appreciated. Every time I check your website, I find another interesting tidbit. Add that to your videos,and of course (as I have mentioned before) your quizzes,and I think most of us would agree that you've gone a long way in invigorating this board,and keeping it fun and interesting. Grazie Mille !!

Re: Carmine Persico was NOT a Rat. Period! - 08/22/21 10:11 PM

Originally Posted by Lou_Para
NYM,while we're on the subject,count me in as a fan as well. The effort you guys put into providing content is greatly appreciated. Every time I check your website, I find another interesting tidbit. Add that to your videos,and of course (as I have mentioned before) your quizzes,and I think most of us would agree that you've gone a long way in invigorating this board,and keeping it fun and interesting. Grazie Mille !!

I wanna thank you for that Lou. After dealing with a few of the idiots on the board, its very refreshing to interact with an intelligent person such as yourself.

Whats that old adage, "Common sense is not so common after all" Lol

Our pleasant conversation between us is a breath of fresh air, believe me my friend.

Lisa and I are very glad that you enjoy our stuff. It's why we do what we do in the first place.

And 'Grazie Tanti' to you and yours!

We are in the planning stages of a few new videos and stories that I really think you're gonna enjoy.

Good night and thank you again for your thoughts.
Posted By: DuesPaid

Re: Carmine Persico was NOT a Rat. Period! - 08/22/21 10:48 PM

https://youtu.be/BX86s8fHgkI

Re: Carmine Persico was NOT a Rat. Period! - 08/23/21 01:31 PM

So its been well debunked now that Carmine Persico was NOT a rat after all is said and done.

Lisa and I were among the very first (if not the first) to go public and debunk the phony NYDaily News story that Carmine Persico was a rat.

We posted, wrote, and declared our positions across the internet, our website, Instagram, Facebook, Mob Fireside Chat, other chat rooms, etc., to all who were willing to hear us about this Persico informant issue. It was careless and baseless journalism at its best by a major daily periodical who should have known better.

It just goes to show folks, that you cannot believe everything we read or hear. The power of deduction must be put into play to properly vet the real, from the unreal. The true from the false.

Let that be a lesson to us all.

Carmine (The Snake) Persico was a lot of things. Many of them very bad things. And I don't imagine he'll be winning the Nobel Peace Prize anytime soon. Lol.....But he was not an informer!

PS: I just scanned a few of the other mob sites and I see that they still have up their original false stories of him turning. They have failed to correct their stories. I suspect that is so because of two reasons. They are not all that familiar with understanding how FBI documents read, and the meaning behind them. And number two, because a headline reading Persico was a potential rat is a lot more interesting to their readers than admitting that he wasn't one. And that they were dead wrong!

So just read between the lines of what I just wrote. Because that alone speaks volumes.
Posted By: majicrat

Re: Carmine Persico was NOT a Rat. Period! - 08/23/21 03:03 PM

Well I guess that settles that! For now. Nice job.

Re: Carmine Persico was NOT a Rat. Period! - 08/23/21 03:07 PM

Originally Posted by majicrat
Well I guess that settles that! For now. Nice job.

Lol. Yes, its "settled"... for now as you say. lol
Posted By: majicrat

Re: Carmine Persico was NOT a Rat. Period! - 08/23/21 04:28 PM

I wasn't being sarcastic. I see it settled for now, but who knows what will come in the future and prove differently. Nothing ever surprises me anymore.

Re: Carmine Persico was NOT a Rat. Period! - 08/23/21 04:46 PM

Originally Posted by majicrat
I wasn't being sarcastic. I see it settled for now, but who knows what will come in the future and prove differently. Nothing ever surprises me anymore.

I realize how you meant it. And I was agreeing with you. Because even when things get settled, as you said it stays that way until, and unless, something new pops up to start a controversy again.

I'm with you on that.
Posted By: ColonelReb

Re: Carmine Persico was NOT a Rat. Period! - 08/24/21 02:42 AM

So that leads us to the real question. Is Larry McShane that big of an idiot? Did he get suckered in by Orena's lawyers and not check the facts first? Or did he get paid off to plant that article?

Re: Carmine Persico was NOT a Rat. Period! - 08/24/21 10:23 AM

Originally Posted by ColonelReb
So that leads us to the real question. Is Larry McShane that big of an idiot? Did he get suckered in by Orena's lawyers and not check the facts first? Or did he get paid off to plant that article?

Good question.

I'd think his reputation would be on the line. But as an old guy who is about to retire (I don't think he's a kid, he's been around a long time) he may not give a fuck and did a favor.

Either that, or he's the worst fucking reporter in recent decades. How do you NOT vet (a front-page headline) no less that is as explosive as that. Calling a mob boss a rat when he isn't one.

If Junior was still on the streets, this is the type of jerk off that would get baseball batted one evening. Junior would take this VERY personally I assure you!

Completely irresponsible journalism.
Posted By: BensonHURST

Re: Carmine Persico was NOT a Rat. Period! - 08/24/21 05:24 PM

This guy really should publish some sort of a correction.
Posted By: DiLorenzo

Re: Carmine Persico was NOT a Rat. Period! - 08/26/21 12:16 AM

The fake news NY Daily news, struggling for viewers have resorted to click baiting !!
Posted By: BensonHURST

Re: Carmine Persico was NOT a Rat. Period! - 08/26/21 08:09 AM

NY Mafia & Lisa;

CONGRATS!!!!

Looks like your work was cited in GANGLAND NEWS.

Anyone can say what they want about Capeci, he is a
n O.G. when it comes to O.C.

He was the first and still has the best weekly column on the net as far as I am concerned.

Not to mention he ate J.P. for breakfast.

J.P. found GOD again after a squabble with Capeci, he is on the peace be with you.

His move was a straight PUSSY MOVE, he came at Capeci, hard more than a few times.

When Capeci, fired back that was it for J.P.

He was out maneuvered and out classed by the O.G.

Re: Carmine Persico was NOT a Rat. Period! - 08/26/21 08:42 AM

Good question.

I'd think his reputation would be on the line. But as an old guy who is about to retire (I don't think he's a kid, he's been around a long time) he may not give a fuck and did a favor.

Either that, or he's the worst fucking reporter in recent decades. How do you NOT vet (a front-page headline) no less that is as explosive as that. Calling a mob boss a rat when he isn't one.

If Junior was still on the streets, this is the type of jerk off that would get baseball batted one evening. Junior would take this VERY personally I assure you!

Junior would probably have that done to McShane but you don't touch cops , reporters, or lawyers unless they are in over their heads. Junior has stepped over that line because he's been mainly in jail since 71 and has nothing to lose. He was selfish and he brought the rest of the family down with him including his son who is doing life. Junior was a true gangster but he was dumb as shit. All balls and no brains at all.

Re: Carmine Persico was NOT a Rat. Period! - 08/26/21 09:35 AM

Good question.

Junior would probably have that done to McShane but you don't touch cops , reporters, or lawyers unless they are in over their heads. Junior has stepped over that line because he's been mainly in jail since 71 and has nothing to lose. He was selfish and he brought the rest of the family down with him including his son who is doing life. Junior was a true gangster but he was dumb as shit. All balls and no brains at all.

I 1000% agree with you on that. Extremely ballsy, but he completely fucked up that borgata and got a ton of guys hurt in the process over the years. Its a damn shame what he almost singlehandedly did to that crew.

Thats one of the main reasons why on more than one occasion guys looked to overthrow him. But he was a tough fuck, you gotta give me that much!

Re: Carmine Persico was NOT a Rat. Period! - 08/26/21 09:52 AM

Good question.

I 1000% agree with you on that. Extremely ballsy, but he completely fucked up that borgata and got a ton of guys hurt in the process over the years. Its a damn shame what he almost singlehandedly did to that crew.

Thats one of the main reasons why on more than one occasion guys looked to overthrow him. But he was a tough fuck, you gotta give me that much!

On that matter I also agree 100%. Junior was tough and had a deep crew. If it were t for Scarpa and the Feds the war would have turned out differently. But God damn the Orena faction outnumbered them 100 to 30. Even with help from the Feds they should have won. If I was Orena I would have put Waverly and Cutulo in charge ofmy hit crews. I would have put Waverly in charge of the Hit on Scarpa in 91.

Re: Carmine Persico was NOT a Rat. Period! - 08/26/21 10:28 AM

Billy and Joe Waverly were heading work crews. So was Patty Amato and others for Vic. For that matter you had Joe Scopo and Vic Jr. also heading up work crews, and guys from other crews were "blended" into those particular crews to strengthen them and to work together.

But it didn't matter. Although outnumbered 4 to 1 the other side still outlasted them.

All it did was provide ammunition for the feds to destroy everybody on both sides.

Re: Carmine Persico was NOT a Rat. Period! - 08/26/21 11:26 AM

Billy and Joe Waverly were heading work crews. So was Patty Amato and others for Vic. For that matter you had Joe Scopo and Vic Jr. also heading up work crews, and guys from other crews were "blended" into those particular crews to strengthen them and to work together.cool

But it didn't matter. Although outnumbered 4 to 1 the other side still outlasted them.

All it did was provide ammunition for the feds to destroy the entire everybody on both sides.

Cool. Who was in Joe Waverly's work crew and what targets did they attempt to hit?
Posted By: Friend_of_Henry

Re: Carmine Persico was NOT a Rat. Period! - 08/26/21 01:18 PM

Check out this week's GLN. NYMafia made headlines :-)
Posted By: Raven

Re: Carmine Persico was NOT a Rat. Period! - 08/26/21 01:41 PM

NYMAFIA serious question, not a dig. Does it sting to be referred to as “the other guy”. He referenced you but I would be annoyed not get credit by my name.

Re: Carmine Persico was NOT a Rat. Period! - 08/26/21 05:50 PM

Originally Posted by BensonHURST
NY Mafia & Lisa;

CONGRATS!!!!

Looks like your work was cited in GANGLAND NEWS.

Anyone can say what they want about Capeci, he is a
n O.G. when it comes to O.C.

He was the first and still has the best weekly column on the net as far as I am concerned.

Not to mention he ate J.P. for breakfast.

J.P. found GOD again after a squabble with Capeci, he is on the peace be with you.

His move was a straight PUSSY MOVE, he came at Capeci, hard more than a few times.

When Capeci, fired back that was it for J.P.

He was out maneuvered and out classed by the O.G.

Thank you for the sincere congratulations you extended to us Bensonhurst. Yes, it was a nice thing Jerry did in recognizing our investigative work and acknowledging our NYMafia website.

Re: Carmine Persico was NOT a Rat. Period! - 08/26/21 05:52 PM

Check out this week's GLN. NYMafia made headlines :-)

Thank you for that shoutout FOH.... Lisa and I appreciate you mentioning that.

I can tell you're happy for the recognition we received from Jerry Capeci in his Gangland column. As we both know his column is widely read by mob aficionados so it was a nice thing he recognized our website and mentioned Lisa and I ("The Other Guy"). One things for sure it can't hurt right?

I'm glad that you enjoyed the article we put out there for you.

Lisa and I have a few more real nice pieces coming out in the next day or two. The Colombo-Gallo Wars - Part II, and a biography on a tough little Colombo hood who was one of my personal favorites. Talk to you soon

Re: Carmine Persico was NOT a Rat. Period! - 08/27/21 12:30 PM

Well folks, that settles it then I guess. The truth finally comes out.

The NYDailyNews, and all those other media organizations, bloggers, podcasters, and haters who were so quick to jump on the 'condemn Junior wagon' as a rat have been muzzled.

The evidence (or lack thereof) spoke volumes. And in this case proved there were 'zero' basis for making that terrible accusation against him to begin with.

...Carmine (The Snake) Persico was many bad things. But he was no rat or informant!

Re: Carmine Persico was NOT a Rat. Period! - 08/28/21 12:35 AM

It was comical from day 1....He was involved in how many wars, 2 or 3 ?? He got badly hurt in one, and none of the shooters were arrested for that shooting...and served half his life in jail...

The feds and the media have both hit rock bottom

Re: Carmine Persico was NOT a Rat. Period! - 08/29/21 12:50 AM

Originally Posted by DiLorenzo
It was comical from day 1....He was involved in how many wars, 2 or 3 ?? He got badly hurt in one, and none of the shooters were arrested for that shooting...and served half his life in jail...

I gotta totally agree with you on this. Carmine Persico was a bad fella. A deadly, remorseless killer (many times over). And I'm sure that aside from his children and blood relatives who mourned him, there wasn't too many tears shed by his passing.

I suspect he's got a lot of explaining to do to Saint Peter up at the pearly gates of Heaven. But thats between him and his creator. It's not for us mere mortals to decide.

But one things for certain. Junior Persico was no rat!

He lost everything he had in this life. The only thing he had left was his name and his sense of 'honor,' At least he goes to his grave with that. That obviously meant it all to him.

Re: Carmine Persico was NOT a Rat. Period! - 08/29/21 03:52 AM

Good question.

And the worst thing about it was Jerry Capeci's article. He completely gave Larry McShane a pass. Basically saying it wasn't McShanes fault, he took his co-workers word upon the word of a defense lawyers. Then Capeci goes on to blast the MBA and the button Man podcast even though they're taking the word of a major Newspaper and a 30 year veteran reporter. Fake News looks out for Fake News. Fuck anyone else that don't agree with them. It's despicable.
Posted By: Serpiente

Re: Carmine Persico was NOT a Rat. Period! - 08/29/21 12:46 PM

Who is this McShane ?

Thanks

Re: Carmine Persico was NOT a Rat. Period! - 08/29/21 01:02 PM

Originally Posted by Serpiente
Who is this McShane ?

Thanks

He is a veteran news writer at the NYDaily News. He should have known better than to vet a story. It was laziness on his part in my opinion

Re: Carmine Persico was NOT a Rat. Period! - 08/29/21 08:22 PM

Originally Posted by DiLorenzo

I gotta totally agree with you on this. Carmine Persico was a bad fella. A deadly, remorseless killer (many times over). And I'm sure that aside from his children and blood relatives who mourned him, there wasn't too many tears shed by his passing.

I suspect he's got a lot of explaining to do to Saint Peter up at the pearly gates of Heaven. But thats between him and his creator. It's not for us mere mortals to decide.

But one things for certain. Junior Persico was no rat!

He lost everything he had in this life. The only thing he had left was his name and his sense of 'honor,' At least he goes to his grave with that. That obviously meant it all to him.

Definitely a bad guy..But the FBI and media aren't too far behind !!
Posted By: Njein

Re: Carmine Persico was NOT a Rat. Period! - 08/30/21 11:36 PM

I ultimately apologize for the firestorm that it ignited. Didn't do my research properly and jumped the gun.

Re: Carmine Persico was NOT a Rat. Period! - 09/02/21 06:15 AM

Hahaha. Go back to the Persico is a Rat thread. You got NYMafia saying it isn't true BUT anything is possible (2times) then you got Mafia Student (who is much smarter) realizing it doesn't make sense that the same Informant number is beside every guy listed( very thoughtful and intelligent observation yet didn't know NY 3461 TE was Scarpa as we have known for 15 years). A few post later Mafia Student acts like they found the Holy Grail and Scarpa is NY 3461 and NY Mafia cosigns 1000%. It's great to finally know the truth but it's another thing acting like you discovered it. Angela Clemente sent me that 2nd batch or files on my EMail 15 YEARS AGO! Not the first batch that's on the FBI vault but the 2nd batch. Just because you finally discovered the truth doesn't make it your discovery. It's like saying you dug up TRex bones in 2021 and announce it as a new dinosaur species
Posted By: MafiaStudent

Re: Carmine Persico was NOT a Rat. Period! - 09/02/21 07:13 AM

Hahaha. Go back to the Persico is a Rat thread. You got NYMafia saying it isn't true BUT anything is possible (2times) then you got Mafia Student (who is much smarter) realizing it doesn't make sense that the same Informant number is beside every guy listed( very thoughtful and intelligent observation yet didn't know NY 3461 TE was Scarpa as we have known for 15 years). A few post later Mafia Student acts like they found the Holy Grail and Scarpa is NY 3461 and NY Mafia cosigns 1000%. It's great to finally know the truth but it's another thing acting like you discovered it. Angela Clemente sent me that 2nd batch or files on my EMail 15 YEARS AGO! Not the first batch that's on the FBI vault but the 2nd batch. Just because you finally discovered the truth doesn't make it your discovery. It's like saying you dug up TRex bones in 2021 and announce it as a new dinosaur species

You are "The Big Hustle," aren't you?
Posted By: jace

Re: Carmine Persico was NOT a Rat. Period! - 09/03/21 04:08 PM

lol
Posted By: Njein

Re: Carmine Persico was NOT a Rat. Period! - 09/06/21 06:37 PM

Now the Yuppie Don comes out with his two cents on this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w4imgpBX82Q&ab_channel=MichaelFranzese
Posted By: jace

Re: Carmine Persico was NOT a Rat. Period! - 09/07/21 01:20 AM

Originally Posted by Njein
Now the Yuppie Don comes out with his two cents on this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w4imgpBX82Q&ab_channel=MichaelFranzese

Thanks for that link. it's one of his better videos. I think he is at his best when not talking about himself. I expected him to attack Persico, most like him like to say everyone else was a rat, not Franzese, so good job here by him on this one.

Re: Carmine Persico was NOT a Rat. Period! - 09/07/21 08:58 AM

Originally Posted by MafiaStudent

Johnny Come Lately? New kid in town. Wasn't on Boston Forum or the Old AM or RD in the last 20 years , so when you come round?

Re: Carmine Persico was NOT a Rat. Period! - 09/07/21 10:56 AM

Johnny Come Lately? New kid in town. Wasn't on Boston Forum or the Old AM or RD in the last 20 years , so when you come round?

--
Now your attacking Lisa also? you stoop to insulting a girl? LOL, what a "man," what a "gentleman" Lol.....

Colonel, hate to say it but your tremendous envy and jealous is showing. I suggest you pull up your bloomers and skirt and cover that shit up!

And didn't the "mods" on GBB just admonish you weeks ago for this same type of nasty, insulting behavior? Didn't they instruct you and Louie to 'cut it out'? If I'm not mistaken they asked you in no uncertain terms to stop all the trolling and attacking of others. They said 'a debate about a subject is one thing. But personal attacks were another.'

I see you post nasty comments on all our posts. Why is that Colonel? You just can't help yourself?

Isn't that right Colonel? So why not cut it out before your get spanked again by the mods? GBB doesn't need this BS from you
Posted By: Louiebynochi

Re: Carmine Persico was NOT a Rat. Period! - 09/08/21 05:38 PM

Colonol Reb you think your the only one here that was on the American Mafia forum or the Real Deal forum?? Next thing we know you’ll be saying you were Picasso and it wasn’t Steve Lenahan it was you ...hahaha
Posted By: Lenox

Re: Carmine Persico was NOT a Rat. Period! - 09/08/21 07:39 PM

I can tell you, picasso was not lenahan. I actually know who picasso is / was. He was actually a made guy. End of story.
Posted By: RollinBones

Re: Carmine Persico was NOT a Rat. Period! - 09/08/21 07:55 PM

Originally Posted by Lenox
I can tell you, picasso was not lenahan. I actually know who picasso is / was. He was actually a made guy. End of story.

Who was he? It's ancient history now so there would be no harm in letting us know.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET