Home

Tommy Agro

Posted By: Lenox

Tommy Agro - 08/13/21 03:27 AM

So far I wasnt able to find too much info on Agro. He started off around Joe Armone. Armone grew up on the lower east side around east 9th street or somewhere close by. That makes me think Agro grew up on the lower east side.
As far as Paul Principe and Frank Russo who were with Agro when they almost beast Joe “ dogs” to death; Paul Principe was from Howard Beach and Frank Russo was from Brooklyn. Not sure what part of Brooklyn Russo was from. Im guessing east new york or canarsie.
Tommy Agro had a home in cedarhurst long island just before he went away in the 1980’s.
I wish I had more on all 3 of these guys.
Posted By: jace

Re: Tommy Agro - 08/13/21 04:04 AM

In his last years or perhaps longer he was with Jospeh Gallo. I think they were in the same indictment too,I am not 100% on it though
Posted By: CNote

Re: Tommy Agro - 08/13/21 10:49 AM

Apparently he was diagnosed and suffered from bi-polar disorder.
"They've got me on this new medication. Lithium. I'm a manic-depressive. Sometimes I think I'm fucking Superman and sometimes I can't get out of bed. It's wild."

and

"This is the Lithium...this is so I don't go fucking nuts and start handing out hundred-dollar bills outside the Midtown Tunnel."

Source (a book written by two FBI agents who worked on the Gambino squad).:

Boss of Bosses: The Fall of the Godfather : the FBI and Paul Castellano

Re: Tommy Agro - 08/13/21 10:50 AM

Nice wired conversation captures his voice and brings him to life.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=59QnccIjy64

Re: Tommy Agro - 08/13/21 02:44 PM

I heard that tape many times. That recording really depicts what the mafia was all about and how serious they were.
Posted By: jace

Re: Tommy Agro - 08/13/21 04:09 PM

Originally Posted by Lenox
I heard that tape many times. That recording really depicts what the mafia was all about and how serious they were.

I think that tape was Argo really getting mad at Joe Dogs for double crossing him not once, but twice. Argo was foolish to bother with him after that. The guy was recording Argo for the FBI, or maybe he did it on his own then went to them.
Posted By: JCrusher

Re: Tommy Agro - 08/13/21 04:13 PM

Tommy Agro was a maniac. I agree there is less info on him than most guys. He was with Joe Armone and sponsored by Joe N Gallo

Re: Tommy Agro - 08/13/21 07:15 PM

He was a maniac but then again he was very respected and was part of Castellano’s inner circle. When I think of a serious mob guy, I immediately think of John Gotti, Vic Amuso, Bobby Manna, Nino Gaggi, Nicky Corozzo, and Tommy Agro. Among others of course.
Posted By: Malavita

Re: Tommy Agro - 08/13/21 08:08 PM

Originally Posted by Lenox
he was very respected and was part of Castellano’s inner circle. .

What makes you say that ?

From what i read, he was part of Joe N Gallo and Joe Armone's inner circle but i don't think i've seen anything suggesting he was close to Big Paul.
Posted By: axx

Re: Tommy Agro - 08/14/21 11:00 AM

The YT video was his second or third conversation with Agro which was taped and it was coordinated with FBI.
From Big Paul's wiretaps he speaks candidly of Agro. Agro was on bad terms with Dellacroce and was instructed by Armone to stay clear of Ravenite.

Re: Tommy Agro - 08/14/21 01:33 PM

Why did Agro have a problem with Dellacrice?

Re: Tommy Agro - 08/14/21 02:12 PM

Agro- Joe Dogs part 2
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=x9jqBnpWdAY
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET