Home

Modern day power rankings?

Posted By: OakAsFan

Modern day power rankings? - 08/07/21 06:25 PM

I know some people hate these. But it seems to have been a while. In fact I don't recall seeing one since Covid.

Here's my crack at what's left of the US and Canadian families, present day. Qualification for list is any relatively recent news stories of activity:

1) Genovese

2) Gambino

3) Lucchese

4) Montreal

5) Bonanno

6) Chicago

7) Colombo

8) New England

9) Detroit

10) Phily

11) DeCavs

12) Buffalo
Posted By: MolochioInduced

Re: Modern day power rankings? - 08/07/21 06:30 PM

Toronto? Hamilton?

Re: Modern day power rankings? - 08/07/21 06:32 PM

Originally Posted by MolochioInduced
Toronto? Hamilton?

Yes, I just threw Montreal in there to represent Canada. Kind of lazy, I know. I really just want to get a discussion going on which families are the most powerful today. I'm hoping people with further knowledge on the topic will flesh out an accurate, concise list.
Posted By: southshorekid

Re: Modern day power rankings? - 08/07/21 07:42 PM

Philly should maybe be higher
Posted By: SimonChen

Re: Modern day power rankings? - 08/07/21 08:12 PM

I don`t know, the mob in Canada seems to be on a totally different level, the Sinderno group is probably the most powerful Italian OC in North America today.
Posted By: Louiebynochi

Re: Modern day power rankings? - 08/07/21 08:31 PM

I would put Philly ahead of everyone except NY and Chicago due to they’re administration and the territory they control....
Posted By: The_Marble_Guy

Re: Modern day power rankings? - 08/07/21 08:37 PM

Good thread. I'll play:

1. Montreal, Toronto, Hamilton ( IMO its hard to really rank because the Canadian scene is totally different today then the US. So I gotta group them together)

2. Genovese

3. Gambino

4. Lucchese

5. Chicago

6. Philly

7. Colombo

8. New England

9. DeCavs

10. Buffalo

11. Detroit

Re: Modern day power rankings? - 08/07/21 09:30 PM

Originally Posted by SimonChen
I don`t know, the mob in Canada seems to be on a totally different level, the Sinderno group is probably the most powerful Italian OC in North America today.

I've been hearing a lot about Canada. They seem to be in the news the most.

So, Canada above the Genovese, too? Didn't think of it but it's not surprising, either. Canada has been crazy. Seems like they're going through their modern day Castellamarese war up there.

Re: Modern day power rankings? - 08/07/21 09:32 PM

Originally Posted by southshorekid

I see Phily in the news quite a bit still especially with the Merlino stories but I really didn't know where to put them. I was listening to one of Scott Burnstein's recent podcasts, Original Gangsters, and he said something to the effect that Phily never really got into major rackets, they're mostly just gangsters, traditional street rackets.
Posted By: Louiebynochi

Re: Modern day power rankings? - 08/08/21 01:14 AM

Originally Posted by OakAsFan
Originally Posted by southshorekid

I see Phily in the news quite a bit still especially with the Merlino stories but I really didn't know where to put them. I was listening to one of Scott Burnstein's recent podcasts, Original Gangsters, and he said something to the effect that Phily never really got into major rackets, they're mostly just gangsters, traditional street rackets.

In the last indictment Philly was making millions in pain cream Medicare fraud and involved in construction including training centers with the Genovese LCN Family...
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET