Home

Fascinating Guys

Posted By: majicrat

Fascinating Guys - 07/30/21 07:34 PM

Tired of hearing about the same guys over and over, how about a list of the lesser talked about guys you'd like to know more about. If we could who would you like to know everything about. For me in no particular order it would be

Lefty Guns Ruggiero (Bonanno), Joey The Clown Lombardo (Chicago), Joe Campisi (Dallas), Albert Gallo (Columbo/Genovese), John Martorano (Boston). Tony Roach Rampino (Gambino)

Just wondering, and thought it'd be interesting to hear who some others had an interest in.
Posted By: Giacalone

Re: Fascinating Guys - 07/30/21 08:08 PM

The LCN guy I've probably had the most interest in is Vincent "Jimmy Blue Eyes" Alo. He was so powerful that even his own boss had difficulty opposing his moves. I was a teenager when I first read the book Lansky by Hank Messick. That book shed light on some of the most interesting names in the history of organized crime, but the name that always stood out to me was Alo's. When I first started coming around these forums, Alo was still alive. I remember many of us being shocked to learn that he was still around. There was no Wikipedia back then. He outlasted everybody.

Another guy I always had a deep interest in was Alo's close friend Jerry Catena. That's another guy who outlasted everybody lol
Posted By: Kese

Re: Fascinating Guys - 07/30/21 09:34 PM

Red Wemette on youtube provides good information on Lombardo.. you can ask him questions when he goes live weekly. Lombardo imo is an underrated LCN figure loved in Chicago hated by the media & outsiders…dont believe what you read on the internet, he gets a bad wrap with the Seifert incident even though hes the one that saved Emma & Joey Seiferts lives…. if Joey wasnt there than the German and Tony Spilotro woulda killed that whole family.

Theres dozens of outfit guys from back in the day i wish were covered more… for me Chicago has always been more interesting than NY
Posted By: The_Premier

Re: Fascinating Guys - 07/30/21 10:05 PM

I’m not across the outfit. What is the story on the Seiferts?
Posted By: majicrat

Re: Fascinating Guys - 07/30/21 10:19 PM

Kese I find Chicago very interesting too, frank calabrese was one mean bastard
Posted By: Michael_Giovanni

Re: Fascinating Guys - 07/31/21 01:20 AM

Originally Posted by Giacalone
The LCN guy I've probably had the most interest in is Vincent "Jimmy Blue Eyes" Alo. He was so powerful that even his own boss had difficulty opposing his moves. I was a teenager when I first read the book Lansky by Hank Messick. That book shed light on some of the most interesting names in the history of organized crime, but the name that always stood out to me was Alo's. When I first started coming around these forums, Alo was still alive. I remember many of us being shocked to learn that he was still around. There was no Wikipedia back then. He outlasted everybody.

Another guy I always had a deep interest in was Alo's close friend Jerry Catena. That's another guy who outlasted everybody lol

I agree. That would be a great write-up.
Posted By: jace

Re: Fascinating Guys - 07/31/21 02:05 AM

I think Al Gallo is still alive, he has to be at least 90 years old. I doubt he is active by any means. but he is interesting considering
his history with his brothers. I'd like to see something different about him though, not the usual. Little is known on him aside from stories of his brothers.
Posted By: hoodlum

Re: Fascinating Guys - 08/02/21 02:40 AM

Originally Posted by jace
I think Al Gallo is still alive, he has to be at least 90 years old. I doubt he is active by any means. but he is interesting considering
his history with his brothers. I'd like to see something different about him though, not the usual. Little is known on him aside from stories of his brothers.

Does not he own a piece or all of a restaurant w/ Nicky Glasses...@ least back in the day...I forget the name of the joint ..but it is still popular 2 day...
Posted By: jace

Re: Fascinating Guys - 08/02/21 02:47 AM

Originally Posted by hoodlum
Originally Posted by jace

Does not he own a piece or all of a restaurant w/ Nicky Glasses...@ least back in the day...I forget the name of the joint ..but it is still popular 2 day...

Casa Bella?
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET