Home

Who Killed Joe Colombo?

Posted By: MafiaStudent

Who Killed Joe Colombo? - 06/28/21 08:48 PM

50 years after the shooting of Joe Colombo at the second Unity Day Rally on June 28, 1971 - the question remains. Who Killed Joe Colombo?

Here's part one of an interview with Don Capria - filmmaker and author of the book, Colombo: The Unsolved Murder. The rest of the interview will be uploaded shortly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_l-kuGbsE0&t=173s
Posted By: Don_Alfonso

Re: Who Killed Joe Colombo? - 06/29/21 01:32 AM

I truly do believe the Gallo crew was behind the hit, maybe not Joey Gallo himself but Albert or Larry gave the order.

Or maybe Carlo passed the order along to the Gallo crew with word he'd have their back in any fallout from it.
Posted By: jace

Re: Who Killed Joe Colombo? - 06/29/21 02:59 AM

Originally Posted by Defendant Digest
50 years after the shooting of Joe Colombo at the second Unity Day Rally on June 28, 1971 - the question remains. Who Killed Joe Colombo?

Here's part one of an interview with Don Capria - filmmaker and author of the book, Colombo: The Unsolved Murder. The rest of the interview will be uploaded shortly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_l-kuGbsE0&t=173s

The FBI, or a faction within, doing it with Greg Scarpa's help. If Gambino or the Gallo's did it, they would have been gone after with a fury, instead the government just sat back and spread rumors that persist to this day about Gallo, Gambino, or others doing it.
Posted By: ColonelReb

Re: Who Killed Joe Colombo? - 06/29/21 03:21 AM

Originally Posted by Don_Alfonso
I truly do believe the Gallo crew was behind the hit, maybe not Joey Gallo himself but Albert or Larry gave the order.

Or maybe Carlo passed the order along to the Gallo crew with word he'd have their back in any fallout from it.

After 25 years of researching the New York mob, my feeling is that this was a group like the BLA. Wanted to send a message against the mob flooding drugs into black neighborhoods and also incensed that Colombo invented an Italian Civil Rights League. I believe that Joanne Chesimard aka Assata Shakur was the woman with Johnson. She was probably used to coax him into doing it. Probably plied him with sexual favors and pumped him up on behalf of the group. The mob would have just used a lone nut type guy, also the government would have used a lone nut type. The mob or Government wouldn't have involved a woman. Look at Lee Harvey, jack Ruby, Sirhan Sirhan,James Earl ray.
Posted By: Don_Alfonso

Re: Who Killed Joe Colombo? - 06/29/21 04:08 AM

I think it was the Gallos or Gambinos honestly.

Black guys were affiliated with the Gallo crew.

Also a convenient scapegoat since it'd point away from the Mob on the surface.

Also it was a suicide mission and better to send an unmade associate than a crew member (plus, again, the need to point away from things).

The Mob believed it enough to whack Joey Gallo out over it, so I think if they believed it, it's probably that his people were responsible. The Mob are gossips and word spreads. They wouldn't have whacked him out if they didn't really believe it was his crew.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET