Home

Sammy the Bull about Canada

Posted By: Blackmobs

Sammy the Bull about Canada - 05/11/21 12:00 PM

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=I9xR5a-qtCA

In this podcast, Sammy the bull talk about Canada.
Some things he said

- Canada was never a family, its a crew for smuggling drugs.
- talked about a fine dresser from Canada, like Gotti and all this bulls*it... talking about Rizzuto I guess
Posted By: VitoCahill

Re: Sammy the Bull about Canada - 05/11/21 01:41 PM

With no respect at all wtf would the bull know about Canada.
This guy had no concept of the world outside NYC.
The gambinos during his time in the family had absolutely no connections into Canada let alone Montreal.
Stop giving this old fool any time.
Posted By: Blackmobs

Re: Sammy the Bull about Canada - 05/11/21 02:07 PM

Yeah but he was still in that life.
I think the way he talked about the canadian mafia was a typically american way.
American always talk little about canada, especially when its about the criminal world.
The only american gangsters that I heard given respect about criminal from canada are the american bikers.
Posted By: azguy

Re: Sammy the Bull about Canada - 05/11/21 03:26 PM

I don't think he's wrong or this is a surprise.

When Gerlando "George from Canada" Sciascia was killed in 1999 is when Canada/Rizzuto broke from the Bonanno family and by 1999 Sammy was well out of touch with everything.

Before then the Bonanno family owned the Rizzuto clan
Posted By: eastsideofvan

Re: Sammy the Bull about Canada - 05/11/21 10:20 PM

This.

Vito is also right - Sammy has no specific knowledge on this, the Gambino's wouldn't know anything about Canada. He's just repeating what he'd heard from friends of friends which was accurate at the time on the street circa 1992.

The Sciascia incident is what changes everything. It's the catalyst - the Rizzuto organization has grown immensely in size, power and wealth and were in a position that they had the option to break off from the Bonannos. Plus they had a border between them.

And anyone who dismisses the Rizzuto's on the basis of being "the Canadian mafia" is painfully ignorant. They may operate out of Canada but the Rizzutos are Sicilian to the core - they are a family from Cattolica Eraclea living in Montreal.

Originally Posted by azguy

When Gerlando "George from Canada" Sciascia was killed in 1999 is when Canada/Rizzuto broke from the Bonanno family and by 1999 Sammy was well out of touch with everything.

Posted By: chin_gigante

Re: Sammy the Bull about Canada - 05/12/21 12:06 AM

According to Dominick Cicale, Montreal remained under the Bonannos even after the Sciascia murder and reports of the split were exaggerated. Then according to Andrew Scoppa, the situation eventually developed where Montreal remained under the Bonannos but effectively only as lip service.
Posted By: bronx

Re: Sammy the Bull about Canada - 05/12/21 01:12 AM

Vito , i agree with you on gravano he knew zero, but the gambino brothers , pat conte, had relationships with the comisso;s rizzuto's and many others.
Posted By: The_Marble_Guy

Re: Sammy the Bull about Canada - 05/12/21 05:15 AM

Nah just by watching that video Gravano isn't polished on what Canada really was. Sorry but you'd know who TF Vito Rizzuto was. Like someone said, the Gambinos during his time didn't cross paths alot with Canada. And in all fairness I think the overall Canada organized crime scene didn't start to get noticed here until the recent past. The American approach has always been NYC and Chicago and no one else matters.
Posted By: Hollander

Re: Sammy the Bull about Canada - 05/13/21 01:45 AM

US or Canada it's both North-America those guys still do business it's pretty easy to cross the border.
Posted By: jace

Re: Sammy the Bull about Canada - 05/13/21 02:27 AM

I think the way to know is to compare his testimony when he first turned and the years closely following with what he claims now. He was scared of going to prison so he went along with he government then, and was afraid to make anything up unless they told him to. If he did not mention Canada then, he knows nothing now.
Posted By: jace

Re: Sammy the Bull about Canada - 05/13/21 02:29 AM

Originally Posted by Hollander
US or Canada it's both North-America those guys still do business it's pretty easy to cross the border.

Gravano was in Brooklyn, it's a long way to Canada, just to reach the border is a 9 hour drive. I think they had enough in New York going on, aside from the Bonannos having ties there, and only a small group of them, I think there was not much going on between them.
Posted By: DiLorenzo

Re: Sammy the Bull about Canada - 05/13/21 05:26 AM

Gravano left the life 30 years ago..Honestly, how many here even knew there was an Italian mob presence in Canada in 1991 ??
Posted By: The_Marble_Guy

Re: Sammy the Bull about Canada - 05/13/21 11:19 AM

Originally Posted by DiLorenzo
Gravano left the life 30 years ago..Honestly, how many here even knew there was an Italian mob presence in Canada in 1991 ??

Exactly my point. During that time the American LCN was still thriving. And it wasn't til recent where the Canadian scene got as much as attention.
Posted By: TheKillingJoke

Re: Sammy the Bull about Canada - 05/13/21 11:26 AM

Used to think this guy's a solid story teller, but by now he's just pulling stories out of his ass to stay in the game.
Posted By: DillyDolly

Re: Sammy the Bull about Canada - 05/13/21 11:27 AM

The fact that really nobody knew that there was an Italian mob presence in Canada in 1991 says that they could be anywhere and no one knows it. So much for everyone who thinks they know everything.
Posted By: DanD

Re: Sammy the Bull about Canada - 05/13/21 06:29 PM

Originally Posted by Blackmobs

Some things he said

- talked about a fine dresser from Canada, like Gotti and all this bulls*it... talking about Rizzuto I guess

Suffice to say ... the term wiseguy is really doesn't apply to most of these guys.... just more braggadocios nonsense
Posted By: Serpiente

Re: Sammy the Bull about Canada - 05/13/21 07:54 PM

Been posting this here for years .....

Besides the explosion of weed & coke that happened because of Pablo Escobar and of course others ..... before that everything came from Canada and quick .

Any old timer here that came up in northeast knows everything came from Canada..... that Escobar ect. thing was first viewed as temporary.... but we all know it exploded into what it is today.
Posted By: Louiebynochi

Re: Sammy the Bull about Canada - 05/13/21 08:47 PM

Originally Posted by eastsideofvan
This.

Vito is also right - Sammy has no specific knowledge on this, the Gambino's wouldn't know anything about Canada. He's just repeating what he'd heard from friends of friends which was accurate at the time on the street circa 1992.

The Sciascia incident is what changes everything. It's the catalyst - the Rizzuto organization has grown immensely in size, power and wealth and were in a position that they had the option to break off from the Bonannos. Plus they had a border between them.

And anyone who dismisses the Rizzuto's on the basis of being "the Canadian mafia" is painfully ignorant. They may operate out of Canada but the Rizzutos are Sicilian to the core - they are a family from Cattolica Eraclea living in Montreal.

The Gambinos in the 80s were knee deep with the Canadians. Gene Gotti ,Angelo Ruggerio, Eddie Lino and John Carneglia were indicted with George Sciascia from Canada and Joseph Lopresti
Posted By: Alfa Romeo

Re: Sammy the Bull about Canada - 08/20/21 05:23 AM

Originally Posted by Blackmobs

Some things he said

We had this discussion here years ago. I was one of the people who said the Canadian "family" was just a crew, Vito Rizzuto merely a Bonanno captain or Bonanno "satellite boss".

I was right.
Posted By: MegaMikejr

Re: Sammy the Bull about Canada - 08/20/21 10:22 AM

Whenever the Gambino & Bonanno families are mentioned together, it’s always said that Gotti & Masinno were very close so I think even in conversation that the Gambinos do know something about Canada. After the Bonannos the Gambinos are the Family most involved in Drugs & where better then Canada. I agree that after Sciacia murder Rizzutos went solo or like Scoppa said lip service
Posted By: CabriniGreen

Re: Sammy the Bull about Canada - 08/20/21 11:12 AM

This.

When you say the Gambinos didnt know about Canada, I must respectfully disagree.

First off, right there with them, partners at the top in Venezuela, you had the Inzerillos, the Caruana Cuntreras, the Rizzutos, and John Gambino.

Second, Paolo Gambino ran immigrant smuggling THROUGH Montreal in the 70s. The Gambinos were partly responsible for importing all these zips, many came on their own too. Guys like Riccardo Cefalu, started coming over as early as like 63 or 64, which is funny, because it's the years Galante went inside. And hes usually credited with the mass recruitment of Zips, but he was locked up when they started coming over.

Now, im not saying Sammy's not a bullshitter, lol.. he probably got his info from the internet, lol

But I have no idea HOW IT WASNT common knowledge amongst the wiseguys that the sicilians were moving a lot of weight.
Posted By: CabriniGreen

Re: Sammy the Bull about Canada - 08/20/21 11:24 AM

This.

You know in a funny way, I feel like the New Connection case, kinda proves this, although many will disagree, and that's okay.

I've always felt the proper comparison for the Rizzutos, and Caruana- Cuntreras, are the Inzerillos, not an american regime.

New Connection established that the Inzerillos are an actual Scilian mafia family now based in NY. Trying to reestablish their historic stronghold in Passo Di Rigano.
That's how i view the Caruana- Cuntreras. As the Siculiana family, but with bases in Toronto, formerly Ostia. I see the Inzerillos and Caruanas as setting the blueprint for the future structure of the Ndrangheta.

Part of the issue I think is that the Rizzutos are presented as the actual leaders, but I think they were essentially fronting for the Caruanas. And the Caruanas, certainly didnt answer to NY, but Sicily. This to me is the great disconnect.
Posted By: Moe_Tilden

Re: Sammy the Bull about Canada - 08/21/21 09:26 PM

Originally Posted by jace
I think the way to know is to compare his testimony when he first turned and the years closely following with what he claims now. He was scared of going to prison so he went along with he government then, and was afraid to make anything up unless they told him to. If he did not mention Canada then, he knows nothing now.

lol

What did the government tell him to make up, wise one?
Posted By: MolochioInduced

Re: Sammy the Bull about Canada - 08/21/21 10:45 PM

Originally Posted by CabriniGreen

First off, right there with them, partners at the top in Venezuela, you had the Inzerillos, the Caruana Cuntreras, the Rizzutos, and John Gambino.

John Gambino was tied to P2 and Niccolò Rizzuto also had a network in Milano,the city of Burlesconi. I really find it hard to believe anyone from over on the other side doesn’t share in the bigger agenda of P2, P3 or whatever.

The Zips more than likely are that agenda in North America, similar to Rizzuto or Siderno in Canada. There are more and more Ndrangheta guys as well in North America as well, some type of Hybrid organization? I think Florida is a state they all like, including the Cammora.
I believe Ana Sergi coined the phrase ‘hybrid’.

In Europe the news from Italy is heard all through Europe, in America or Canada you need to understand Italian to even know what’s going on.

That’s the true powerhouse P2, P3, P4 or whatever this Hybrid is, it would be more interesting if these NYC or Desjardins Italos have heard of that stuff.

They could conquer the rest of the world and nobody would be the wiser and if they ever focused on North America what could really stop them lol? JFK? Some Bikers in Canada?
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET