The Mount Rushmore of Hits

Posted By: azguy

The Mount Rushmore of Hits - 05/05/21 02:27 PM

Is there much doubt that the Mount Rushmore of hits would be:

Castellano
Galante
Bruno
Anastasia

Criteria would be the high profiles of the victim and the pictures that documented the outcome
Posted By: Malavita

Re: The Mount Rushmore of Hits - 05/05/21 03:15 PM

Crazy Joe Gallo maybe.

He wasn't a boss but he was high profile.
Posted By: DillyDolly

Re: The Mount Rushmore of Hits - 05/05/21 03:26 PM

There's no good pics of Crazy Joey's corpse.
Posted By: eastsideofvan

Re: The Mount Rushmore of Hits - 05/05/21 05:05 PM

Originally Posted by azguy
Is there much doubt that the Mount Rushmore of hits would be:

Castellano
Galante
Bruno
Anastasia

Criteria would be the high profiles of the victim and the pictures that documented the outcome

I love your list but I would switch out Bruno for Joe Colombo, perhaps you excluded him cause he didn't die immediately but in effect the outcome was the same and we're talking about a Boss being shot in the middle of Columbus Circle in broad daylight with all the immediate aftermath captured on film and the shooter being immediately executed as well. That was quick, clean and efficient. Whether it was Joey, Carlo or whoever else involved, it was done extremely well and even to this day we still don't really know who did it.

By your criteria I don't see how that can't make the list!
Posted By: DillyDolly

Re: The Mount Rushmore of Hits - 05/05/21 05:28 PM

I would keep Bruno and still add Colombo.
Posted By: Lou_Para

Re: The Mount Rushmore of Hits - 05/05/21 06:05 PM

Great pics, azguy. Each of those was an iconic image:
Galante with the cigar in his mouth,Paul and Tommy face up in the street,Bruno in the car,mouth wide open,and of course ,Albert on the Barbershop floor. On the basis of visual impact only, I would add Bugsy ,the St Valentine's day victims, and Masseria with the Ace of Spades in his hand (probably planted by he photographer,but a cool image none the less).
Posted By: eastsideofvan

Re: The Mount Rushmore of Hits - 05/05/21 07:22 PM

Originally Posted by DillyDolly

I think the idea with the Mt. Rushmore comparison is to keep the list to four.

Then again, it's been rumoured for years that they would add Reagan to Mt. Rushmore so maybe it will be five yet.
Posted By: Lou_Para

Re: The Mount Rushmore of Hits - 05/05/21 08:22 PM

Originally Posted by eastsideofvan
Originally Posted by DillyDolly

I think the idea with the Mt. Rushmore comparison is to keep the list to four.

Then again, it's been rumoured for years that they would add Reagan to Mt. Rushmore so maybe it will be five yet.

Neither Trump nor Obama could be #5, since they'd have to knock the other guys down either to make room for Trump's hair or Obama's ears.
Posted By: faffy444

Re: The Mount Rushmore of Hits - 05/05/21 11:46 PM

MASSERIA and MARANZANO

Re: The Mount Rushmore of Hits - 05/06/21 12:58 AM

I guess my weighting system was mostly based on photographic evidence ---although Anastasia under the towel isn't the greatest--- but hell he was the Lord High Executioner and if they hadn't killed him there would had been hell to pay.

Bruno with his mouth open is the most gruesome and iconic images of mob life, followed by Castellano/Bilotti and then Galante (which may be the most amazing picture ever taken consider the subject matter, the cigar and the angle from the roof top)

Then I looked at the positions they held, hence Gallo not be included, since he was not a boss and there was no major transfer of power.

In every case with these hits there was a huge swing in power and control that fractured the family in every case but Don Carlo taking over and having a pretty easy transition which wasn't the case for the Gotti, the Philly factions and or the Bonnano clan as the 3 capo murders happened after the Galante.
Posted By: TonyBombassolo

Re: The Mount Rushmore of Hits - 05/10/21 09:44 PM

Anastasia
Galante
Castellano
Michele Cavataio if we include Italy

Colombo would be on that list except who is to say the mob had him wacked and not the government?

Re: The Mount Rushmore of Hits - 05/11/21 03:28 PM

Originally Posted by TonyBombassolo
Anastasia
Galante
Castellano
Michele Cavataio if we include Italy

Colombo would be on that list except who is to say the mob had him wacked and not the government?

Come on the Bruno hit picture is is one the greatest (or most gruesome) of all-time. That has to be on the list
Posted By: TonyBombassolo

Re: The Mount Rushmore of Hits - 05/11/21 04:50 PM

Philly is the minor leagues and always has been.

Anastasia, Castellano were commission members and Galante was almost as large as the entire commission himself at the time

the Cavataio hit in Italy is far larger than the Bruno hit
Posted By: NYMafia

Re: The Mount Rushmore of Hits - 05/11/21 05:01 PM

Maranzano, Anastasia, Galante, Castellano, Bruno, were 5 very significant murders of bosses that altered the course of CN. Especially Maranzano, Castellano, and Bruno. Each of those affected all of CN significantly
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET