Home

Lawrence (Larry Black) Centore- Genovese

Posted By: NYMafia

Lawrence (Larry Black) Centore- Genovese - 02/15/21 06:23 PM

Another no-nonsense Genovese Family captain was Lawrence (Larry Black) Centore.

A longtime member of Jimmy Blue Eyes Bronx crew, Larry Black would eventually rise to lead Alo’s old regime.

https://thenewyorkmafia.com/2021/02/15/bronx-westchester-capo-lawrence-larry-black-centore/
Posted By: RollinBones

Re: Lawrence (Larry Black) Centore- Genovese - 02/15/21 07:21 PM

Real good one, there definitely isn't enough about Larry Black out there. I remember Pizzaboy would mention him a lot.

Just one thing, I wouldn't refer to Williamsbridge as "near Yankee Stadium".. It's about as far as you can get while still being in The Bronx lol Just a small thing in an otherwise great write-up. Thanks NYMafia.

Re: Lawrence (Larry Black) Centore- Genovese - 02/15/21 08:22 PM

Originally Posted by RollinBones
Real good one, there definitely isn't enough about Larry Black out there. I remember Pizzaboy would mention him a lot.

Just one thing, I wouldn't refer to Williamsbridge as "near Yankee Stadium".. It's about as far as you can get while still being in The Bronx lol Just a small thing in an otherwise great write-up. Thanks NYMafia.

Thanks RB

Posted By: Dwalin2011

Re: Lawrence (Larry Black) Centore- Genovese - 02/15/21 08:33 PM

Interesting article, thanks for the information. But how did the 1981 indictment end? Was Centore convicted?

Re: Lawrence (Larry Black) Centore- Genovese - 02/15/21 08:49 PM

Good question. I was unable to pull his final disposition in that case.

But by and large I think he either skated, or received a minor punishment. It was still a different era. Before Rico was being used a lot. And his many cases were usually handled in the local courts which were more lenient.

I know that he was never registered in the federal system with the BOP
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET