Home

Current active ‘old school’ mobsters

Posted By: Ravens410

Current active ‘old school’ mobsters - 01/26/21 08:44 PM

Just curious as to any old school guys that are still active. First couple that come to my mind are Quiet Dom Cirillio of the Gambinos and Barney of the west side
Posted By: majicrat

Re: Current active ‘old school’ mobsters - 01/26/21 08:50 PM

Is Albert "Kid Blast" Gallo still active for the Genovese? How about Mike Taccetta of the Luchese NJ faction? I would def include Skinny Joe Merlino in Philly
Posted By: Njein

Re: Current active ‘old school’ mobsters - 01/26/21 08:51 PM

Quiet Dom's with West Side.

"Johnny Sausage" Barbato comes to my mind.
Posted By: pmac

Re: Current active ‘old school’ mobsters - 01/27/21 12:19 PM

I wonder if any guy except barney b in a top spot of any of the 5 families was made in the 70tys. Thinking off the top of my head all the leaders were made either in the late 80tys or 90tys oh except Andy Russo to
Posted By: pmac

Re: Current active ‘old school’ mobsters - 01/27/21 12:19 PM

I doubt there's many old school mobster that active. Got to narrow it down
Posted By: NYMafia

Re: Current active ‘old school’ mobsters - 01/27/21 02:44 PM

Most older, veteran members regardless of Family have retired or at least backed up in recent years.

90% of the fellas you see out there today are younger, inexperienced and trying to make their way. The few older fellas you see still active are typically "brokesters" and desperadoes who have to stay in the streets in order to feed themselves. The few others still bouncing around are just hopeless creatures of habit who have no clue about any other way to live their lives.

Few intelligent mafiosi who recognize the "lay of the land" are willing to engage. They realize it's a fruitless endeavor.

And that's the God's honest truth!
Posted By: Friend_of_Henry

Re: Current active ‘old school’ mobsters - 01/27/21 03:57 PM

My guess is that this is "The Other Guy" talking, yes? Well I totally agree. Like most everything in life, damn few real old school guys left :-(
Posted By: Zavattoni

Re: Current active ‘old school’ mobsters - 01/27/21 06:28 PM

I think Andrew Russo may be the only active one left from the “old school”.

Chickie Ciancaglini from Philly may be consulted from time to time; but he’s most likely retired.
Posted By: NYMafia

Re: Current active ‘old school’ mobsters - 01/27/21 06:42 PM

Originally Posted by Friend_of_Henry
My guess is that this is "The Other Guy" talking, yes? Well I totally agree. Like most everything in life, damn few real old school guys left :-(

Correct FOH. It's a much different ballgame today.
Posted By: TheKillingJoke

Re: Current active ‘old school’ mobsters - 01/27/21 07:36 PM

It's not just the American Mob. Organized crime in the West in general has become a mug's game. Sure, there's plenty of criminals still making lots of money, but they stay on top for a few years, are in and out of prison...etc...

Basically the golden years are over, unless you're a politician.
Posted By: Hollander

Re: Current active ‘old school’ mobsters - 01/27/21 10:16 PM

Domenico Cefalù, those sicilians are old school.
Posted By: majicrat

Re: Current active ‘old school’ mobsters - 01/28/21 05:27 PM

If you believe in the "Old School" way of doing things, then do it alone. You don't need to depend on or worry about anyone else and what they'll do when the heat comes. The very least keep it in the immediate blood family and stay away from LCN and the desire to be made.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET